Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, louannems said:

All those kids and no toys, indoors or outdoors.  Just that horrible cemetery garden.

They don’t even have a swing set or just a swing hanging from a tree branch. 😢

4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Look how huge her MANLY hands are 🤪😳

BC82F442-B314-4CA4-B4AD-E9F647131FA3.jpeg

7BA8BDCF-62C0-4245-86B7-067AC1959C48.jpeg

B9BFF95F-67B3-42CC-87A9-6B76D8090103.jpeg

It should be illegal to use a filter when you’re trying to sell a cosmetic product.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It is sad the Rods kids have no toys, but now that I think of it, other than Jessa's kids, it seems most of the Duggar and Bates kids have little to no toys either.

Carlin and Josie's girls must have more than a few freebies, yet they're rarely shown playing with them. Giddy has a few trucks and the Dillard boys have a few large yard toys that Cathy bought them.

What's up with that? Is it because the kids always come in third? Bedrooms void of decorations, no toys and in the case of the Rod kids, rags for clothes.

The girls have baby dolls.  The little Rod girls were given (grifted) very expensive "real baby" dolls.  We have seen the Duggar little girls with baby dolls.  Training can't start too soon.  But I have never seen evidence of other toys.  No legos, no puzzles, no trains.  Oh, yeah. I forgot finger painting on the wood table top.

• Love 1

Fortunately, Jill's magic cream pictures look completely fake. I hope no one would think a cream could make their face this blurry in real life. It's like the very old Hollywood movie trick of smearing the camera lens with petroleum jelly. 

1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

The girls have baby dolls.  The little Rod girls were given (grifted) very expensive "real baby" dolls.  We have seen the Duggar little girls with baby dolls.  Training can't start too soon.  But I have never seen evidence of other toys.  No legos, no puzzles, no trains.  Oh, yeah. I forgot finger painting on the wood table top.

Dolls make sense for the girls in this lifestyle. What would be the equivalent for the boys? Mini-pulpits? 

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Dolls make sense for the girls in this lifestyle. What would be the equivalent for the boys? Mini-pulpits? 

of course the correct answer would be guns.☹️

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Well Plexus is supposed to melt your fat off so why not your face too? 

I just pictured Jill melted into a puddle of fat, with yellowish dried out frizzy hair and mismatched polyester clothing lying on top.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

When Duggar pal Sierra isn't lying about all the folks commenting on her having "too many" kids, she is a pottery beast. In less than two years she went from learning how to use a pottery wheel to having her own garage studio. She just completed a 200 mug order. Sierra also went from having a smallish garden to a Jana sized garden in the last two planting seasons. And she homeschools/moms 7 kids.

The Duggar/Bates/Rod women combined do less than Sierra does.

• Love 22

Everyone smile for the camera and pay no mind to the little baby on the floor who might be picking up dust bunnies and pennies and putting them into her mouth.

I'm speculating, of course, but why not pick up the baby and include her in the picture?

These people are so freaking odd.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Let the grifting begin!

Big brother? He is still a baby! 

Nurie is with child again. So no matter how old Nemo is, he'll be an older sibling. 

Edited by Ljohnson1987
Misspelled word
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When Duggar pal Sierra isn't lying about all the folks commenting on her having "too many" kids, she is a pottery beast. In less than two years she went from learning how to use a pottery wheel to having her own garage studio. She just completed a 200 mug order. Sierra also went from having a smallish garden to a Jana sized garden in the last two planting seasons. And she homeschools/moms 7 kids.

Damn, its like separating from the Duggars made her a whole new person!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

AND she has a husband who actually works.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I just looked at Sierra's website and her stuff is really cute. If she wasn't sold out of that chicken coffee mug, I would've bought one. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I just pictured Jill melted into a puddle of fat, with yellowish dried out frizzy hair and mismatched polyester clothing lying on top.

HUNK might think it’s some leftovers and eat that with crackers 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Let the grifting begin!

Big brother? He is still a baby! 

Bme had 9 kids in 9 years so Nurie is just following mamas schedule/example.

and guess she isn’t as malnourished as I thought. 

14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But the big question is, is she still doing chocolate dipped strawberries?  

• LOL 7
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

These new local "friends" somehow know the Pearls? That's scary - I guess 'Pearl families' are everywhere. 👶🏽😢🤬

The new local friends also host a fellowship family camp that has families perform. the Rods are not listed for the one in June, but I would put money on Jill angling to have the family listed on the next one.

https://www.icacommunity.net/camp.html

Also the husband owns a logging business. I wonder if that is maybe where Jonathan is working.

• Useful 9
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

😞😒🤪

455EB814-06FE-43DA-9178-C0D97DB07FD7.jpeg

How sad that the only compliment the girls get is for CLEANING. That’s all they good for right debi? 

Like it’s an honor to have cleaned Debi’s bathroom. Jeez these people are all awful.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Like it’s an honor to have cleaned Debi’s bathroom. Jeez these people are all awful.

I would hate to know that the only thing someone had to comment about me was that I had cleaned their bathroom! And she didn't even say anything complimentary about how well they did it. And Debi claims to love both the families! Couldn't she have at least used some of the "fundy speak" like they have a heart for Jesus or they are sweet natured, loving, kind............something,  anything better than " you cleaned my bathroom" . The bathroom of all rooms!!!

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I would hate to know that the only thing someone had to comment about me was that I had cleaned their bathroom! And she didn't even say anything complimentary about how well they did it. And Debi claims to love both the families! Couldn't she not have at least used some of the "fundy speak" like they have a heart for Jesus or they are sweet natured, loving, kind............something,  anything better than " you cleaned my bathroom" . The bathroom of all rooms!!!

Or even make the bathroom cleaning a funny story.

• Love 1
On 4/29/2022 at 6:17 AM, GeeGolly said:

I occasionally visit Sierra’s IG.  She can’t ever be accused of being lazy, that’s for sure, and I don’t think she half-ass homeschools either.  Sierra has a tendency to start one project and then leaves it to start a different project.  I don’t know if she bores easily or runs out of money or what, but she’s hit pay dirt with her pottery.  Her pottery appears to be in high demand, and she almost always sells out of any pottery piece she’s making.  She’s also very creative and she has a good eye.  Sierra appears to be a good mother, and her kids don’t have to sit at home all day every day bored to tears.  Sierra and Mark allow their kids to do fun kid stuff a lot, unlike another couple I follow (B and J).  Speaking of kids, it’s about time for Sierra to get pregnant again. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 4/29/2022 at 11:03 AM, BitterApple said:

I just looked at Sierra's website and her stuff is really cute. If she wasn't sold out of that chicken coffee mug, I would've bought one. 

You can message Sierra, let her know you want one and she’ll make it for you at no extra charge.  She does a lot of custom orders.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 4/29/2022 at 7:05 AM, laurakaye said:

Everyone smile for the camera and pay no mind to the little baby on the floor who might be picking up dust bunnies and pennies and putting them into her mouth.

I'm speculating, of course, but why not pick up the baby and include her in the picture?

These people are so freaking odd.

If you want to read crazy, go to Hannah Schrock’s FB page.  Scroll down her timeline until you get to the post about her husband getting burned.  Read the entire post.  It’ll leave you shaking your damn head.

2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

If you want to read crazy, go to Hannah Schrock’s FB page.  Scroll down her timeline until you get to the post about her husband getting burned.  Read the entire post.  It’ll leave you shaking your damn head.

Do you have an approximate date of the post? 

5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t think that’s about her husband. She says it’s David’s story but shows her husband’s name as Andrew in her bio.

(edited)
32 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I don’t think that’s about her husband. She says it’s David’s story but shows her husband’s name as Andrew in her bio.

David is her brother in law.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

It's not surprising that Jill hangs out with the Pearl's. I'm sure she uses their methods of 'Discipline' too.  Are the Pearl's advocates of starving kids? 

I don't know about starving them, but a quick peek at their FB page leads me to believe using kids for slave labor is a thing.

13 hours ago, crazy8s said:

David is her brother in law.

With a weakness for graham crackers.  I skimmed the post but that part jumped out at me and gave me a good laugh.

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, Totally said:

$40 and $50 for a mug .. I’m still astounded that people are paying so much for a mug 

I have a few pottery mugs that I paid 40.00 for. They are a well crafted item, unique and should last for years. I buying them I supported individuals instead of major companies. It is  labor intensive , creative work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18