Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if Jim Boob knew some dirt on the Bates and decided to destroy their reputation too.

JB is a vile person but I can’t see him doing this. 

11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m beginning to wonder if that even had something to do with Josh asking more time to get his appeal filed. Could Josh be trying to lay some blame on the Bates? 

How?

• Love 1

I haven't watch the Bates show in years, so I'm not sure how their timeline matches up with real time, but I was wondering if the sudden cancelation has something to do with "I'm pretending to be a Medic, but I'm more qualified to handle a Corpse" gig?    

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I doubt it's sponsor-related. My understanding is that people have complained about the family for years, and the network has been very defensive about them. Also, I think if it were due to sponsor pressure, they would acknowledge that in the statements about the cancellation--the networks would want to mention it to get people off their backs and the family would want to talk about hw martyred they are with "cancel culture"--rather than just pretending like this is a cordial parting because of different network goals. 

My favorite theory--though I don't think it is true and just am amused by it--is that Jim Bob contacted UPN with new dirt on the Bates family because if his family can't have a show, then Gil's can't either. LOL 

I didn’t read your comment about Jim Bob before posting mine.  I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to be a copycat.  Great minds think alike, obviously! 😊

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

How?

I’m just wondering if some new information saw the light of day. I’m sure Josh’s lawyers are scrambling and searching for any new out. Yes, he’s guilty, but if he can drag anyone down with himself then maybe he could appeal for a lighter sentence in the next go around. For instance: what if one of the Bates boys shared a video with him. I’m just guessing here. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Why were Jill’s eyes blue then but green now?  I have to say, her eyes were beautiful w/o the caked on eyeliner.

I think her blue eyeliner is making her eyes appear blue.  Jill also could be like me and her eye color changed into adulthood.  I was born with blue eyes and had blue eyes as a child.  I cannot remember when they changed to green.  It was a gradual change.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Tiff and Lawson are getting married in LA. I wonder if there will be a mask or vaccine mandate to attend. Sure hope so. 

I bet they made that decision before they knew the show was cancelled. I'm thinking it'll be a small wedding.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Haha haha snorts

Jill lost 3.2 pounds in 2 weeks. Guess she wasn’t dieting that SEVERELY hard. So much for PLEXUS being a miracle DRUG.

C05B134B-F3F2-4A8D-AB8C-2430835AA74E.jpeg

How on earth does someone lose 9 pounds in two weeks? Either some of these ladies are lying liars..... or they had internal organs removed during the two weeks..... or the product has some pretty suspect ingredients.

Or maybe none of these ladies exist at all, and Jillrod made them up?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
8 hours ago, Zella said:

My favorite theory--though I don't think it is true and just am amused by it--is that Jim Bob contacted UPN with new dirt on the Bates family because if his family can't have a show, then Gil's can't either. LOL 

Now there's an interesting idea. Jim Bob Bringing Down Bates!

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I didn’t read your comment about Jim Bob before posting mine.  I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to be a copycat.  Great minds think alike, obviously! 😊

Oh no worries! It wasn't original to me either. But it's had me snort-laughing all day. 

• Love 5

I'm a bit amused that attention whore Lawson is marrying an actress--who worked on actual Hollywood films and not some Kirk Cameron flick--just in time for the show's cancellation. That has to sting.

I have 2 dark ideas on what the scandal could be:

1. Either Gothard wasn't the only one abusing women and girls at IBLP, or there's hard evidence coming out that Gil has been actively involved in covering up Gothard's crimes and intimidating victims. These people had a damn birthday cake for Gothard at Erin's wedding...Gil is way too enmeshed with Gothard to not have known what was going on at the very least. 

2. There's evidence coming out of deep involvement in white supremacists' groups (no, Kelly's adopted black sister and Lawson's Asian fiance aren't evidence of non-racism). While generally much more savvy than the Duggars about what they let the public know about them, they've managed to be even worse than the Duggars on this front, at least publicly. The picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest on their wall; the insurrection pictures; the George Floyd joke--imagine how seething with racism they must be to let those slip out when they're normally so careful with their image. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

According to some folks on Reddit, UP was airing promos for the show as recently as yesterday morning.  This indicates a major catastrophic revelation, not the kind of thing where sponsors would've even had time to get involved.  If the decision was actually made in the course of a single workday, it is something massive.

I’m going with something like human trafficking. 

Perhaps drug trafficking. 

Maybe something mundane like huge financial corruption.

Something terrible. So nice to see that hubris and downfall are not merely combined to the Duggars.  It’s almost as if there is a God who does not really care about your worldly success, only your morality.

• Love 11

David and Priscilla Waller welcomed their 6th child yesterday January 19, 2022. It's a girl named Deborah Joy! Video on youtube, just go to youtube and type in David and Priscilla Waller. She is their smallest baby 7lbs 5ounces. Both mom and baby seem all right.

• Useful 8
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

David and Priscilla Waller welcomed their 6th child yesterday January 19, 2022. It's a girl named Deborah Joy! Video on youtube, just go to youtube and type in David and Priscilla Waller. She is their smallest baby 7lbs 5ounces. Both mom and baby seem all right.

My lady parts scream in pain for Priscilla, looking at her back in a jean skirt posing for pictures, on a bed she likely gave birth in and just made up, minutes after pushing a human into the world.

image.thumb.png.f99825915be757a6c99ddd955685d807.png

image.thumb.png.d430ee78fae41858a6a60cce7ba0f357.png

• Love 10

In regards to the Bates' show being cancelled, I thought it may be because an investigative documentary about their cult is being made. I think UPtv is cancelling them ASAP so that when the documentary is released, they can say they haven't had the Bates associated with their network in x amount of time. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

What prompted Jill to take the kids to the dentist? Is CPS looking at the Rods again? 

How often do they go? Did all the kids get a visit? Cavities aren't inevitable these days because of fluoride treatments, but Jill may not realize that. I hope no one had a toothache. 

"What a blessing to take care of our babies." Yeah, right. Jill would much rather spend the money on shopping trips, vacations, and restaurant dates with hunky hubby.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Tired Britney Spears GIF

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What prompted Jill to take the kids to the dentist? Is CPS looking at the Rods again? 

How often do they go? Did all the kids get a visit? Cavities aren't inevitable these days because of fluoride treatments, but Jill may not realize that. I hope no one had a toothache. 

"What a blessing to take care of our babies." Yeah, right. Jill would much rather spend the money on shopping trips, vacations, and restaurant dates with hunky hubby.  

Did she thank the taxpayers for paying for their dental care? I’m happy to pay, but she should own it. Hopefully all of the kids get to visit the dentist. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My lady parts scream in pain for Priscilla, looking at her back in a jean skirt posing for pictures, on a bed she likely gave birth in and just made up, minutes after pushing a human into the world.

image.thumb.png.f99825915be757a6c99ddd955685d807.png

image.thumb.png.d430ee78fae41858a6a60cce7ba0f357.png

Does she really have a choice? 

15 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Tiff and Lawson are getting married in LA. I wonder if there will be a mask or vaccine mandate to attend. Sure hope so. 

Really bad time to be coming to CA due to covid #'s.  They also need to keep their brand of heinousness out of this state.  We do have mask mandates.

In Los Angeles County, everyone 2 years of age and older must* wear a mask in all indoor public settings, venues, gatherings, public and private businesses and at outdoor Mega Events, regardless of their vaccination status.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Really bad time to be coming to CA due to covid #'s.  They also need to keep their brand of heinousness out of this state.  We do have mask mandates.

In Los Angeles County, everyone 2 years of age and older must* wear a mask in all indoor public settings, venues, gatherings, public and private businesses and at outdoor Mega Events, regardless of their vaccination status.

Looks like it’s going to be in San Diego. What kind of mandates do they have there? 

• Love 1
Just now, Cinnabon said:

Looks like it’s going to be in San Diego. What kind of mandates do they have there? 

Just read that.  Posted too soon!  Still indoor mask mandate.  If the wedding is outside my guess is some will still get sick.  Outdoor concerts have been super spreader events.   I did laugh that they lost their gig.  Must be pretty effin terrible.  Absolutely nothing would surprise me.  Not one damn thing.  I think the guess about a Josh type of incident seems like a good one.  Rampant sexual abuse at their church, being racists and at the insurrection didn't phase UP.  Abusing kids might.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Just read that.  Posted too soon!  Still indoor mask mandate.  If the wedding is outside my guess is some will still get sick.  Outdoor concerts have been super spreader events.   I did laugh that they lost their gig.  Must be pretty effin terrible.  Absolutely nothing would surprise me.  Not one damn thing.  I think the guess about a Josh type of incident seems like a good one.  Rampant sexual abuse at their church, being racists and at the insurrection didn't phase UP.  Abusing kids might.

Does Tiffany or her family live in California? Will they be living there after the wedding? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Does Tiffany or her family live in California? Will they be living there after the wedding? 

Tiffany and her family live in CA. I don’t think they have disclosed where they will live. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I highly doubt they care much if there's mandates or not. That family has shown to give zero fucks about Covid prevention.

• Love 8

yes, san diego has all the same limitations as los angeles.  i live near both areas. just ordered my covid tests ad picked up the N95 masks that are now being required rather than the fabric masks or medical masks. the senior center gave us 5 each.  as for around my area, you do see people masking but there are outliers as well that prefer to go without. our sheriff is not enforcing the mask mandate (too many other more important things to be doing like arresting murderers etc) and therefore it up to the person to mind the rules.  

i  will be interested to learn the venue they are gonna use for the lawson/tiffy wedding.   there is a beautiful place north of san diego proper but still in that county that is gorgeous for outdoor weddings.  some one post when you figure it out. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i  will be interested to learn the venue they are gonna use for the lawson/tiffy wedding.   there is a beautiful place north of san diego proper but still in that county that is gorgeous for outdoor weddings.  some one post when you figure it out. 

The wedding is going to be downtown, close enough to N Harbor Drive (USS Midway Parking Lot), and West Broadway, that these are suggested for parking.

That’s all I’ve got!

Edited by ginger90

Bates' family statement says they were cancelled because the network decided to go with more scripted shows.    Okay maaaaaybeeee.   But you don't just throw the money you already spent on a show that is set to premier in a few weeks.   You just don't do a new season after that.   Because 1) money already spent you can't get back and 2) you aren't getting a new show in that time slot that fast, not a scripted one anyway.   

I agree with everyone who says its something SERIOUS.   I doubt it was the George Floyd remark because its not like those views are new to this family or unknown to the network.   I think Gothard is about to go through some things because Joshie's conviction threw the door open to a lot of stuff they swept under the rug before.   Gil Bates being on the board means he is about to go through some things.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I highly doubt they care much if there's mandates or not. That family has shown to give zero fucks about Covid prevention.

As long as they also stay the fuck out of hospitals if they get sick, I don’t care anymore. 

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

From a Facebook group 

4CF96047-1107-438D-ACC6-89DC97070FFF.jpeg

Sucks when actions have consequences, doesn’t it? I trolled a few people on Twitter who are screaming about Up’s decision and indignantly threatening to cancel the network. #cancelculture 🤣

• LOL 1
51 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

From a Facebook group 

4CF96047-1107-438D-ACC6-89DC97070FFF.jpeg

The "staff" didn't know anything about the Bates for the last 10 years?

And I don't know, but isn't saying "a large portion of the network is African American because the network started out with Southern Gospel Programming", kind of a racist statement? 

And BTW the founder of UPTV is white. He had two preacher uncles, one of whom was a televangelist. One from Fayetteville, AR.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12