Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, louannems said:

HaHa, my husband's name is Norbert!  He was born in Germany, where, even there, I don't think it's too popular.

YouTube has the adorable Norbert dog videos and I believe there's a cartoon character named Norbert.

N

We came very close to naming firstborn Norbert. Have a good friend with that name. But ended up naming him Nathan which was my grandpa’s name. He doesn’t like a nickname. The friend now goes by “Bert” but back then he went by “Norby”. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

We came very close to naming firstborn Norbert. Have a good friend with that name. But ended up naming him Nathan which was my grandpa’s name. He doesn’t like a nickname. The friend now goes by “Bert” but back then he went by “Norby”. 

Wasn't Hagrid's baby dragon in Harry Potter also named Norbert? That was the first thing that came to my mind, anyway. 

I don't hate the name Nehemiah. Actually, I really like a lot of Biblical names, even the more obscure ones. With the N theme, Naftali (even though it sounds a bit too much like naphtalene) could be another odd but interesting Biblical choice. There aren't a whole lot of really good N names out there, but unless they have, like 15 or 20 boys in a row, they won't be scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel to find things that work.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've only heard the name Norbert once.  It was on an episode of Roseanne.  Their friend Ziggy's given name was Norbert.

I guessed Norman, although that sounds nerdy to me.  My MIL had a cat named Nebuchadnezzar, and he was called Ned, naturally.  Neptune sounds like something from the 70's.  

Roseanne: Does your mom still call you Norbie?

Darlene and Becky: Norbie?!?!?

• LOL 5
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wait until little N'miah reaches out for Grandma Keller instead of Jill. They'll be selling their barndo toot-sweet. 

Is this the first grandchild local to the Kellers?

15 minutes ago, SMama said:

Is this the first grandchild local to the Kellers?

IIRC yes, at least until the Reber girl marries David, I’m sure they will live on the Keller Florida property just like Nurthan did as newlyweds.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

IIRC yes, at least until the Reber girl marries David, I’m sure they will live on the Keller Florida property just like Nurthan did as newlyweds.

BME is not going to like that. Now they will spend half the year  grifting in FL.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Insert Username said:

So Esther Shrader also has a Nehemiah. The Kellers have two grandsons named Nehemiah. I know the Shraders live in Africa and they have different last names, but I would not use the same distinctive name as my child's first cousin

I have two cousins with the same first and (before marriage) same last names.  It happens.

• Love 3

Sooooo… someone on FB posted that they doubted GrannyJillRod was even SERIOUSLY in Florida for the birth! They cited the genuine smiles of Nurthan, no selfie in the birthing bed, and no cameo in the Grand Name Announcement. They had me at “genuine smiles” and not the grimace that is usually present when BME is.. you know… present…

Hmmmm…

• Useful 6
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

Sooooo… someone on FB posted that they doubted GrannyJillRod was even SERIOUSLY in Florida for the birth! They cited the genuine smiles of Nurthan, no selfie in the birthing bed, and no cameo in the Grand Name Announcement. They had me at “genuine smiles” and not the grimace that is usually present when BME is.. you know… present…

Hmmmm…

I believe the video of Jill at Nurie's FL church was from the Sunday before the birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Maybe they can use Noel and Noelle if they have boy/girl twins. 

Nathan's sister Susanna also has a daughter Noelle, so it could be triply confusing!

Edited by dargosmydaddy
because Nathan is not David...
  • LOL 1
On 10/12/2021 at 11:27 AM, GeeGolly said:

Okay, I can't carry this alone anymore, lol. I already posted in the Bates forum, but need to share here. Can someone please look at Carlin B's latest IG post? Her feet. So very strange looking.

I checked out the feet.  At first I thought maybe it was a filter that was causing the distortion, but then I looked at her stories.  In one of those pics, she’s wearing Croc sandals and now I think she’s just got very long feet and toes.  I’m more weirded out by the fact that Layla looks like Carlin has been putting a self-tanner on her.  For example, the top of her foot is very dark and then there’s an invisible line in which the foot becomes very pale.  Then there’s Layla’s smile.  I’ve been on this planet for 6 decades, and I’ve never seen anything like it.  I think that child has a whole lot of orthodontic work in her future.  I hope her parents have an orthodontic savings account.

• Love 8

Speculation is running wild on other sites that a Rod possibly has tested positive for COVID and none of them are allowed near Nurie nor the baby.  That would explain why JRod isn't front and center in any pictures.    I find it interesting to read all of the thoughts as to why we aren't seeing the entire Rod bunch holding the baby.

Edited by kaleidoscope
  • Useful 22
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I can tell. They don't look the same to me. Samuel is the stressed baby with the flat face. Nehemiah looks calm and content. 

They also do not look the same to me. And IMHO… that proves GrannyJillRod was SEVERELY not in Florida for the birth. Baby Nehemiah looks way too relaxed…

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

The two Nemos (thanks @iwantcookies) reminds me of that scene fromMy Big Fat Greek Wedding when Toula brings her boyfriend home and introduces him to all her cousins named Anita, Diane and Nick 🤣

There was a line like that in Goodfellas "There must have been two dozen Peters and Pauls at the wedding. Plus, they were all married to girls named Marie. And they named all their daughters Marie."

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Speculation is running wild on other sites that a Rod possibly has tested positive for COVID and none of them are allowed near Nurie nor the baby.  That would explain why JRod isn't front and center of pictures.

How would they know?  would they voluntarily get tested?

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Speculation is running wild on other sites that a Rod possibly has tested positive for COVID and none of them are allowed near Nurie nor the baby.  That would explain why JRod isn't front and center of pictures.

And would they even care? Isn’t their Jesus protecting them? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

I can't imagine Covid stopping her unless she (or anyone else) is really sick. 

A friend from HS (40 years!), just posted on FB that her brother died from a long battle with Covid. 

Edited by libgirl2
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Of course Jill in her caption makes sure to only acknowledge it is hers and David's first grandchild and then her parents' first great-grandchild because fuck everybody else, including David's parents, and, you know, the kids' own parents. 

David's father is deceased, but his mother (Julie, IIRC) is alive and well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Of course Jill in her caption makes sure to only acknowledge it is hers and David's first grandchild and then her parents' first great-grandchild because fuck everybody else, including David's parents, and, you know, the kids' own parents. 

Of course. She's the only one important. And she probably had to rub in to her sisters that HER daughter was the one to give their parents the first great grandchild.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

David's father is deceased, but his mother (Julie, IIRC) is alive and well. 

Yeah even if it wasn't that side of the family's first grandchild, they could have done a courtesy count. "My parents' first and his parents' third, etc." 

• Love 10
Just now, Zella said:

Yeah even if it wasn't that side of the family's first grandchild, they could have done a courtesy count. "My parents' first and his parents' third, etc." 

AFAIK, Shrek only has one brother who was SEVERELY disabled fairly young. I don't think he ever married.

• Useful 4
On 10/12/2021 at 3:46 PM, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from the video:

4E398BFF-621D-4B63-9253-CF2F8CB1EDC3.jpeg

JRod needs to stop with the FB lives.  They’re always so awkward and if Nurthan wanted to make any public announcements, they would have their own social media account(s).

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Zella said:

She didnt even mention Nurie.  You know, the one who popped precious Nemehiah out.

• Love 11