Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 5/27/2021 at 6:37 PM, EVS said:

For baby names, I am guessing Nathan and Nurie will stick with an ‘n’ theme. A while ago, I guessed on this thread that they would name their first girl Noyes Jill. Even though it is silly, I’ll stick with that or maybe Noyessa Jill. For a boy, I’m guessing Nehemiah David. 

I finally guessed one right - at least the first name.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Is this on Instagram?  I don’t see it on FB. I NEED to see the poor, injured Jill.  Maybe that is why she was so cruel to Shoshanna.😢

It's on the church's facebook page. This is Nurie & Nathan's church in FL

https://www.facebook.com/Faith-Baptist-Church-364680196947750/

They are in the video from this morning. The Rod secion starts just after 13 minutes (beware screeching violin). The pastor giving the name away starts about 5 minutes in. 

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill hadn’t posted on their blog since January. Well, now she has.

Dated October 1, 2021: (just an excerpt)

On a personal level, we have stayed very busy doing the normal things of life – homeschooling, keeping our home running in tip-top shape, music practice, etc. This Fall we are happy to be recording our first music CD at a professional studio!! Please be in prayer that God would provide for that in a mighty way. We are also excited to be halfway done having our new addition built on our house. Our living room is currently set up in the print shop. David needs the space for more printing equipment and to be honest, it is not conducive to the needs of our large family. So, this new addition will serve as a living room, and MUCH needed attic / storage space. God is Good!

I hope the recording studio’s Autotune is in tip-top shape!

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, christine falls said:

Jill's first comment wasn't terrible in regards to being bitchy. Just stated her (terrible) opinion, but wasn't rude to Shoshanna. It was just the PS that was bitchy. I think the PS is what got both posts removed. 

2021 10 08 2.jpg

2021 10 08 3.jpg

Thank you!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, christine falls said:

It's on the church's facebook page. This is Nurie & Nathan's church in FL

https://www.facebook.com/Faith-Baptist-Church-364680196947750/

They are in the video from this morning. The Rod secion starts just after 13 minutes (beware screeching violin). The pastor giving the name away starts about 5 minutes in. 

Why is Sadie carrying Sofia around on her hip like a baby?  This circus gets weirder by the day.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

From Reddit. It’s pretty good!

DAAD7EFD-7324-456F-936F-349BD0C82953.jpeg

She looks like Rodney dangerfield here!

I can’t get over how different she looks in younger years. And it’s not just the hair color and excess makeup. She looked softer back then, and just like Renee. I guess she’s been hardened by plexus and hate. 

love the name Nehemiah!  I hope it’s not an N theme, but time will tell. Are there even enough N names for an entire quiver full?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, christine falls said:

Later in that same video, you can see Jill limping up to play piano. When she goes to leave after her playing is done, you can see what looks like a big bruise on her shoulder. She must have fallen down or something. 

Must have been running to the front of the line at the local buffet 😂

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

I saw it on another site that Nehemiah in the bible is a character who had to wait a long time. So that may not be the name of the baby and may just be an biblical allusion.  I hope so, because only obnoxious fundies would give a baby a name like that. It does prove that Nurie is still pregnant.

I hope also Nurie has the baby soon and has a safe delivery.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I saw it on another site that Nehemiah in the bible is a character who had to wait a long time. So that may not be the name of the baby and may just be an biblical allusion.  I hope so, because only obnoxious fundies would give a baby a name like that. It does prove that Nurie is still pregnant.

Yeah, I just saw the name explained on FJ. I agree that the pastor was making an allusion, not spilling the baby's name. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Skulking? Really autocorrect?
  • Useful 5

I wonder if Nurie and Nathan know why the pastor called their soon to be born kid Nehemiah. Its not like she's two weeks past her due date.

I hope they're not home scratching their heads in wonder and are now going to name the baby Nehemiah, because the pastor 'said so'.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, christine falls said:

Later in that same video, you can see Jill limping up to play piano. When she goes to leave after her playing is done, you can see what looks like a big bruise on her shoulder. She must have fallen down or something. 

That big ol' chip must have left a mark. 

I find it amusing when Jill posts photos of herself next to "normal" fundie women. Jill looks like a fundie stripper. The others look like the makeup-free, drab-haired fundie women I've always known. 

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

There are a lot of not "obnoxious" fundie kids named Nehemiah. It's way better than one alternative -- Nebuchadnezzar. 

4 hours ago, Zella said:

It's probably for the best they don't name the kid Nehemiah, but I was hoping for a series of increasingly over-the-top Biblical names that start with an N, capping off with Nebuchadnezzar. Nebuchadnezzar Keller has a nice, strong ring to it, yeah

My thoughts too. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

11 minutes ago JRod posted that Nurie is in labor, and they’re headed to the birth center.  I hope she has a short labor and delivery with no complications.

I also hope Nurie has a safe L&D.

I hope the birthing center does not have to call security on Mimi JillRod because she will make everything all about her. I also hope the birthing center keeps JillRod far, far away from the birth. Let Nurthan have their own family moment.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I also hope Nurie has a safe L&D.

I hope the birthing center does not have to call security on Mimi JillRod because she will make everything all about her. I also hope the birthing center keeps JillRod far, far away from the birth. Let Nurthan have their own family moment.

I hope Nurie's freak mother doesn't post embarrassing or sensitive photos with or without Nurie's permission. I doubt either Nurie or Nathan could stand up to her. 

• Love 11

The graphic Jill picked for that post. 🤣

Of course she did. Because every woman in labor with her first child wants her mother to blast the news as widely as possible on social media. And St. Jill of the Holy Bullhorn will blessedly oblige!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

We  need to remember too, that while Nurie may indeed be in labor, many first time mothers have false labor pains or go way too early and get sent back home ( raises hand).  So it is premature for Jill to post anything. 

• Love 12

Both the Rods and the Kellers gave their kids fairly mainstream names. I hope the Nurthling doesn't get stuck with something too long and old fashioned. If the kid ever escapes to the evil outside world, he'll have a better start as a James, Nick, or Justin.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

This morning, the pastor at Nurie and Nathan's church announced the baby's name is Nehemiah.

Nooo! I think that was my guess . I have two cousins named Nehemiah and do not appreciate sharing it with anything related to Jill. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Snow Fairy said:

Did she give birth at home?

Nuri looks nice without make-up

Jill's social media blast said they were heading to a birthing center so I assume she gave birth there.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

@farmgal4 quoted above from Jill's recent blog post, that they are going to record a CD in a professional studio. 

I think she'll eventually get the book printed, and when the CD is done, they can set up a table selling the book and CD at their church appearances. We've recently discussed the podcast episode about Jill on the "Leaving Eden" channel. I remember in that podcast the described that these large families who visit IFB churches to preach and sing, often have their CDs for sale. Do we know if the Rods have tried tapping this source of revenue already? Does this still work in the age of digital media? Do the IFB faithful have enough extra money for all the pity purchases it would take for the Rods to make a profit on the book and CD?

This inquiring mind (sort of) wants to know, and (mostly) doesn't much care. 

I assume that of course Jill will hustle like crazy to move the merch in connection with her annual "ladies conference" at that hotel. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@farmgal4 quoted above from Jill's recent blog post, that they are going to record a CD in a professional studio. 

I think she'll eventually get the book printed, and when the CD is done, they can set up a table selling the book and CD at their church appearances. We've recently discussed the podcast episode about Jill on the "Leaving Eden" channel. I remember in that podcast the described that these large families who visit IFB churches to preach and sing, often have their CDs for sale. Do we know if the Rods have tried tapping this source of revenue already? Does this still work in the age of digital media? Do the IFB faithful have enough extra money for all the pity purchases it would take for the Rods to make a profit on the book and CD?

This inquiring mind (sort of) wants to know, and (mostly) doesn't much care. 

I assume that of course Jill will hustle like crazy to move the merch in connection with her annual "ladies conference" at that hotel. 

We've seen their display in past photos, but a long time ago. They have a trifold board with family photos, and a table with tracts, Jill's writings, and I think music CDs (for sale). It looked a little elementary school science fair, but I doubt anything sophisticated is expected. 

Yes, congratulations to Nurie and Nathan! I hope the delivery went smoothly. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

What is Christian love? Check out how massive GWE gut is! His kids look half dead and HUNK looks extremely well fed!

These 2 are Worst Parents of the year for Ohio! 

03ADA9CE-6F26-48B1-8382-DA1371F2E80E.jpeg

Hey, Pastor Daniel Anderson and Amy (who just arrived at this church in June after the previous pastor retired), you're posing with big smiles with a couple of vicious child abusers and neglecters.

Howja feel about that, eh? Because to those of us who've seen what this hideous woman does to her children, it's a bad bad look for somebody pretending to be a "pastor." 

(I'd say that smiling broadly as you pose with her, given her constantly shouted bigotry and other such crap, is also a bad look for you. But unfortunately I know that a lot of churches are currently hotbeds of such stuff, so maybe yours is, too. In any case, though, her treatment of her own children is and always has been heinous. And hopefully you might care a bit about that?)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, questionfear said:

Just in case anyone missed it: Shoshana's post, while certainly more liberal than other fundies with the "it's ok to date and find yourself" message, was also jaw-droppingly cruel with some really nasty homophobia and transphobia. 

So while Shoshana is "more liberal" since she doesn't encourage horny teens to marry each other at 18, she's still a nasty piece of work in her own right. 

Absolutely! I'm old, and quite familiar with conservative evangelical Bible Belt culture, although not directly involved with IFB/fundie folks. That background means that I don't assume that someone who takes baby steps away from any part of the IFB/fundie party line, has radically changed their world view. There's plenty of toxic garbage still in their heads and hearts.

Slightly OT, but I'm often amused by the significance people give to A Duggar! Woman! Wearing! Pants! - because, it's just the same old sh*t in a slightly different outfit. Also, I'm glad that Jill Dillard is no longer living in the direct daily orbit of her parents' world - but I don't believe that means she's dumped all the theology and world view she grew up believing. I don't demonize her, nor do I idolize her; she's a work in progress, and I wish her continued healing and a good mainstream life. 

[Note: I have to say this now and then. I'm an Anglophile, and thus very conscious that in the UK, "pants" means underpants (literally) and is also a derisory slang term. They say "trousers," "jeans," etc. for the outer garments we in the US refer to as pants. When I read a statement like "Michelle Duggar never wears pants," I often think of the Brit meaning of the word, which creates a mental image I'd rather not experience. Heh.]

And, it's good to hear that Nurie's delivery went well. I wish mom and baby good health. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12