Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

These particular employers may have hired him due to his experience at the WI job, and thought he was a polite young man but didn't realize how under educated he really is.  If he's only heard how his Mama and various other fundies speak he probably had no idea that what he was typing or saying (if it was him, we know Jill is behind so many posts) was not only bordering on HIPAA but very insensitive.  Way to go for Jill and that loser male dna donor for making their kids stupid and unable to operate in normal (okay whatever normal is) society. 

Ugh.  It's not just the dogma of beliefs that are getting shoved down these kids throats (instead of food) but the lack of curiosity.  It's beaten and drilled out of them.  Curiosity makes us learn and be aware of the bigger world about us.  How sad.

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 12

While I agree that Jill has set a terrible example for her son, I don't agree that Tim shouldn't know better as to how he speaks about his clients and what terminology is appropriate and acceptable. As Doodlebug said, most healthcare organizations have diversity and sensitivity training. I work in billing for a hospital group- I literally have NO contact with patients EVER, but I am still required each year to do an online module about diversity, sensitivity, HIPPA, and other topics.

If Tim is working face to face with patients/clients, I find it hard to believe that he didn't undergo similar training. If who he's working for really truly doesn't require something like that, then that doesn't seem like any sort of group I'd want my loved ones or myself to receive care from. 

• Love 16

If Tim is proselytizing at work, he should be disciplined. He should not be allowed to push his personal agenda on fellow employees or prey on a vulnerable group of people. Anyway, Jill needs more reasons to feel persecuted as if being required to wear a mask in public to slow the spread of a pandemic isn't enough outrage for one woman to bear. 

Tim has acquired Jill's mushy-mouthed, highly affected speech, and he is strikingly uneducated. He comes across as not very sharp, but he never had a chance to develop any intellect, so who knows what potential has been lost. I think he wrote the unfortunate work post because of the narrative "style" he uses; however, BEST MOMMA certainly was behind his writing it. 

Is the Cleaning Gutters for Jesus still in business? It's winter, so demand is probably low, but I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear about it again. With a combination of poor education and a lot of aggressive interference, Jill (and David) have set their kids up to fail at just about everything. Only if controlling cult leader Jill passes on to her great heavenly reward (cough, cough) early enough are any of the kids ever likely to become independent adults.  

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I would feel terrible for Tim if Momma wrote and posted it and he had nothing to do with it.  I think that is a good possibility.  Poor Tim.  No education and no future.

I think, if nothing else, Tim came home from work and told Momma about sitting with the hospitalized client and she decided it was a godly story that must be shared with the masses.  If she didn't write it herself, she was standing over his shoulder making sure he said what she wanted him to say.  He also ended nearly every sentence with an exclamation point! We know that overuse of punctuation is one of Jill's favorite writing errors.  So, she could well have written the entire post.  Or, maybe have attended the Jill Rodrigues Skool for Starving Kids, he learned all the rules of random punctuation from her and does it naturally in his own writing.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

As for being a missionary pilot, in the second podcast, Tim says that he's "burdened" to become a missionary pilot. I think that means he still wants to do it.

If he's so eager to do it why is that a 'burden'?  I felt a great desire to enter health care and specifically to become a doctor from the time I was around 12 years old, but it was never a burden; it was a calling.  I knew I was meant for this life even when I was a kid and I considered it a gift.  Still do.

• Love 15

I feel like Tim would've had at least some basic HIPAA training, so when Best Mama decided to ghost-write Tim's post to feed her own ego, Tim may have wavered between knowing that it was wrong, but also that telling Jill not to post would make his life hell.  It is a catch-22 because as these older kids start to take tiny baby steps away from their horrible upbringing in order to make money (for their parents), they will naturally start to learn what is right and wrong, how to talk and how not to talk, how to deal with people outside of their very tight inner circle, etc.  But since all those new ideas and lessons are going to conflict with Mama, the kids must be in a constant state of paranoia about either saying the wrong things outside the home, and worse - saying the wrong things inside the home.  It must be mentally exhausting.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10

Burdened is a term certain kinds of churches/christians use a lot. It is along the lines of "God has placed it on my heart that I should...". in my experience it is used for the burdened person to get attention for the difficulty of whatever and to be showered with attention for remaining faithful through such a hard "calling."

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Burdened is a term certain kinds of churches/christians use a lot. It is along the lines of "God has placed it on my heart that I should...". in my experience it is used for the burdened person to get attention for the difficulty of whatever and to be showered with attention for remaining faithful through such a hard "calling."

Yes. It sounded as if Tim used "burden" to mean God dropped a big responsibility on his shoulders (to become a missionary bush pilot) and he is carrying it. 

Unfortunately, God didn't give him any tools to make achieving this burden possible. I think Tim would have become a missionary pilot if he had had the physical and mental resources to do it. I doubt he even gets to fly much, if at all, now. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I feel like Tim would've had at least some basic HIPAA training, so when Best Mama decided to ghost-write Tim's post to feed her own ego, Tim may have wavered between knowing that it was wrong, but also that telling Jill not to post would make his life hell.  It is a catch-22 because as these older kids start to take tiny baby steps away from their horrible upbringing in order to make money (for their parents), they will naturally start to learn what is right and wrong, how to talk and how not to talk, how to deal with people outside of their very tight inner circle, etc.  But since all those new ideas and lessons are going to conflict with Mama, the kids must be in a constant state of paranoia about either saying the wrong things outside the home, and worse - saying the wrong things inside the home.  It must be mentally exhausting.

I think Momma don't take no backtalk from her kids, even the adult ones.  If Tim would even dare to tell her that she shouldn't post anecdotes about his work and his clients, she would blanket train the heck out of him.  I think Tim knows he has to keep his mouth shut and never, ever contradict best Momma ever.  I hope he's learned that he just cannot talk about anything that happens at work with her or she will put it online or force him to do it.    After all, Jill thought it was appropriate, maybe even godly, to post selfies of herself grinning in front of the caskets of children who died tragically, who she did not even know.  Jill has no filter, no sense of right or wrong, no judgement.

• Love 5

mama would surely cut off tim's walking across the yard from his camper for dinner and fellowship - and no more foot baths for timbits by his sister. which would be a good thing for both if that ended forever.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the sad part is if Timothy would just stay off Mama's social media, or have the um.. nerve to tell Mama to quit posting as him, he would have his job without any attention or problems and the godly gutter cleaning business might have flown under the radar for the most part.

If Tim was fired or disciplined, who thinks that #bestmamaever called Tim’s supervisor and gave him/her an earful?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If Tim was fired or disciplined, who thinks that #bestmamaever called Tim’s supervisor and gave him/her an earful?

Oh, absolutely.  And threw in plenty of talk about her personal relationship with the correct Jesus and how this was just one more example of the persecution of white Christians that has been triggered by recent national events.  And on and on.  Nobody plays martyr better than Momma.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Saylii said:

Tim uses a lot of “wells” when writing, so I believe it was him.  Jill could have picked up the second half, but Tim had a hand.

Thank you, I was just going to make that point. The "wells" seem to be unique to Tim's posts. 

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if JillRod directed Tim to make a SM post.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, I like to preface some sentences in the same manner. Have I morphed into a Rod? 😮

Just avoid SEVERELY wells, and you'll be okay. 🙂 

• LOL 14

The run-on sentences connected by "well" show that Tim is writing the way he speaks--in a narrative stream. His reading skills are poor, so he doesn't know how standard written language with sentence punctuation looks. I can usually tell how much reading my students have done growing up by how well (or if) they understand sentence boundaries in writing. 

"Well" is not wrong as a transition in casual writing. However, Tim overuses the word because he doesn't know where to put periods.  

I suspect Jill uses all caps and emoticons because she is unable to express emotion in language alone. Frankly, I think too many capital letters overpower a sentence and just look SEVERELY ODD and INTRUSIVE, so I prefer multiple exclamation points!!!!! 

• Love 21

I am beyond horrified and disgusted about Timmay's use of "well"😱 Actually, I feel slighted. "Well" is a popular expression in the part of Ireland I lived in, so I take personal offence here👿

He speaks and writes like someone who's fairly developmentally behind, also his speaking voice is so strange, kind of girly and whispery. Seeing as he was raised by Bestest Mama Eva, he has no idea about boundaries, proper behaviour etc.

Is it really possible he is working with people who have mental or other illnesses? I mean, really?? Don't you need some actual qualifications? You wouldn't be let anywhere near them in Germany.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The run-on sentences connected by "well" show that Tim is writing the way he speaks--in a narrative stream. His reading skills are poor, so he doesn't know how standard written language with sentence punctuation looks. I can usually tell how much reading my students have done growing up by how well (or if) they understand sentence boundaries in writing. 

"Well" is not wrong as a transition in casual writing. However, Tim overuses the word because he doesn't know where to put periods.  

I suspect Jill uses all caps and emoticons because she is unable to express emotion in language alone. Frankly, I think too many capital letters overpower a sentence and just look SEVERELY ODD and INTRUSIVE, so I prefer multiple exclamation points!!!!! 

One of my major pet peeves is The random Capitalization. When did this become ok?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Well. . . it's hard to believe that Tim, a graduate of the Rodrigues Homeschool Academy with a DIPLOMA to prove it, could be uneducated. His teacher was none other than the (in)famous Jill Rodrigues, a bona fide graduate of the Joyful Noyes Homeschool Academy and now a prolific electronic author, uninvited public speaker, once-licensed hairstylist, flammable home decorator, beige food chef, professional grifter, documentary cellphone photographer, and CASH AWARD winning Plexus Pusher. 

Obviously . . . Tim should have paid more attention in class. 

Jill should DEFINITELY put that on her RESUME 

• LOL 8
8 hours ago, Quof said:

It's better than people who type like f*cking ee cummings because they can't be bothered to hit the shift key.

Haha. This is exactly how my 4th grade daughter types!

• Love 4

Unless Phillip dies of starvation first. He doesn’t look well at all.

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

HIPAA is spelled H-I-P-A-A. Tim spelled it HIPA. 

Jill needs to let Tim move on. I wonder how things will change as Tim's brother Phillip turns 18 this summer and joins Tim in the RV. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

HIPAA is spelled H-I-P-A-A. Tim spelled it HIPA. 

Jill needs to let Tim move on. I wonder how things will change as Tim's brother Phillip turns 18 this summer and joins Tim in the RV. 

Oh Jill will just charge them double rent after Phillip gets a job

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Maybe they think Plexus helps increase fertility? It's not helping Jill!

Plexus has never helped anyone do anything, other than make money. Probably most of their salespeople don't make a lot of money either. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Plexus has never helped anyone do anything, other than make money. Probably most of their salespeople don't make a lot of money either. 

It helps you poop! A friend sold it and I took it for awhile. I won’t go into detail, but it was not pleasant...

• Useful 4
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

I hope Nurie's and Nathan's health goal isn't to lose weight.

Jill is determined to get every penny out of Nathan she can. His parents need to have a talk with him since they've probably figured things out by now. Jill has no conscience, so everyone is a target of her greed. 

• Love 7

I wouldn't be surprised if weight loss in involved. I noticed in the Christmas pictures that Nurie, like Tim when he went away, had filled out a bit. She isn't the tiniest bit close to overweight, but her colour is better and she lost that pinched look. If Nurie bought into any of her rotten mother's beliefs about her children's weights (They're not starving, they just have fast metabolisms! Jesus (and mama) love it when you fast!), she might not understand that when you have unrestricted access to food, you gain weight and that's a good thing for the rodlets. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I wouldn't be surprised if weight loss in involved. I noticed in the Christmas pictures that Nurie, like Tim when he went away, had filled out a bit. She isn't the tiniest bit close to overweight, but her colour is better and she lost that pinched look. If Nurie bought into any of her rotten mother's beliefs about her children's weights (They're not starving, they just have fast metabolisms! Jesus (and mama) love it when you fast!), she might not understand that when you have unrestricted access to food, you gain weight and that's a good thing for the rodlets. 

Sadly, I think you make good points there. JillR is so vile. 😡

Also, I'd bet that JillR mercilessly browbeat Nurie and Nathan about Plexus until they finally caved in and bought it. If Plexus is like most MLMs, though, JillR would get more out of signing those two up as downline distributors or whatever Plexus calls it, instead of just getting them to be customers. Maybe Nathan resisted her sales pitch enough so that all JillR could get out of him was an order for the merch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Nathan better be careful, a lot of mlms have hidden fees and autoship snuck into orders and it can be almost impossible to cancel. He could have agreed to purchase thinking it was a one time thing and end up stuck with hundreds of dollars of merchandise he never wanted. 

• Love 1