Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

My guess is that something happened and there will be no more babies. I suppose that is sad news if they wanted more, but given that they have 4 healthy children it’s not exactly tragic.  
If this is the case  and she is feeling sorry for herself then I really hope she remembers that she has a sister who has NO children and probably give anything to have just one. 
If you preach about accepting as many children as God will allow then you also have to accept the possibility that the number may be smaller than you imagined.

image.gif.23f0c29b9122de74c1fe39d0f92a66ae.gif

image.gif

• Love 14
On 10/21/2020 at 11:38 AM, kstar821 said:

David sought after EVERYTHING he thought would bring him peace & joy - Drugs, alcohol, smoking, girls, parties, bad music, rebellion, long hair

My hair like Jesus wore it

Hallelujah I adore it

Hallelujah Mary loved her son

Why don't my mother love me?

Hair!

Flow it

Show it

Long as God can grow it

My hair!

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, not you again said:

I don't know the cotton-headed ninny muggins other than from posts here, so maybe I'm completely off base, but my go-to would be marital issues.  

She wants more kids, and he doesn’t?

35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A2FF0ADA-2E84-45EF-91C4-42B887C6B17E.jpeg

She well and truly has gone completely off the deep end.  #somebodysavethosekids

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I bet Jill loves Christmas the most. Her hostages ahem kids buy her many many presents! And her kids probably get a fun size snickers and a tic tac as a present.

One of her little girls received a diaper for a birthday gift one year.  She would probably be excited to get a fun size snicker and a tic tac.

2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

OMG, does Jill actually think she looks like that?

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Of course. She probably thinks she should be on the cover of Godliest Woman Monthly.

. . . or in the centerfold. 

• LOL 7
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My first assumption was miscarriage, but then I thought no, she'd be whoring it out for attention and sympathy, so I don't know what it could be.

I’m guessing serious Covid complications bc otherwise they’d be posting like crazy about their troubles looking for clicks. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A2FF0ADA-2E84-45EF-91C4-42B887C6B17E.jpeg

I forgot, when did Jesus mention Halloween?

2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

She's going to have to pry my favorite holiday from my cold dead hands. Someone should inform her of the origins of Christmas.

And Easter!

Another toddler eating directly off the restaurant table during a pandemic.

BB224185-5BD8-4CFE-AD9D-1D17100A3F68.jpeg

Halloween is Jill's chance to boast about how much godlier she is than everybody else. Still, she probably has a fear that her long pointy chin could get her mistaken for a popular Halloween figure.  

Her favorite holiday (besides her birthday) is Christmas. Not only is she showered with kitschy junk and gift hams from the neighbors, she also gets to whine about how good Christians like her are being SEVERELY persecuted because they aren't allowed to say Merry Christmas in public these days. Wait for it. 

• Love 14
On 10/22/2020 at 5:32 PM, ginger90 said:

Jill is very busy....

89704D9C-E46A-4275-989C-709B84CB1180.jpeg

Why is she concentrating so hard? Taking a bathroom oopsie in her underwear ? 

What a vile/cheap woman.

Maybe there is a Plexus brochure she can be on the cover of.

• LOL 4

What is poor Rod child eating off that dirty table? Larvae?

10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe there is a Plexus brochure she can be on the cover of.

Jill is looking too rough to be selling anything, especially a miracle drink.  Maybe her gut is on the fritz again. 

• LOL 6
28 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

What is poor Rod child eating off that dirty table? Larvae?

Jill is looking too rough to be selling anything, especially a miracle drink.  Maybe her gut is on the fritz again. 

All that pink shit can't be good for you! 😂

• LOL 5
On 10/22/2020 at 11:33 PM, emma675 said:

My mind went to a very dirty place after seeing this and now I'm going to be sick. 

You and me both.

Did you guys notice when watching the video where some minor Rodlets are eating that they barely looked up or said Hi in a very disinterested and normal way? Far from the breathy scary Hiyeeeeeeeeee mode that they turn on when their nutwhack of a Mother zooms in on them. It speaks volumes. Their home must be an absolute hell.

As for eating off the table, I'm not even wanting to think about it. Feed your kids, you heartless piece of shit!

• Love 16
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

It's worse than that.  The child is too old now to be considered a toddler.  Her pony tail reaches her shoulders!  She's old enough to be in a booster seat with an actual plate and flatware.  The only good thing I can say is that she seems to have been given an appropriate amount of food and there is something not beige in the mix.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I forgot, when did Jesus mention Halloween?

And Easter!

BB224185-5BD8-4CFE-AD9D-1D17100A3F68.jpeg

I just can't understand why these kids don't t deserve a plate or even a napkin and have to eat directly off the table. Who is the gal in red shirt at the end of the table? I thought it was a heavier Michaela Bates for a quick moment.

It is sort of weird about the Bates and Covid. We had to see Carlin & Evan sprawled and suffering in bed with their humidifier/nebulizer when they had it.

I can't  keep these families straight. Didn't the Bates (Kelly?) make a public statement a while back  that some of them had been diagnosed with Covid?  

BTW, I just got my prescription strength anti nausea medicine rx filled. Plenty to go round for everyone.  Just in case Jill posts some more obnoxious pictures.

• Love 16

What do they do, just throw scraps from everyones plate onto the table in front of her?  Gross.  Although, I do remember a familt Christmas where one of my cousin's wives did the same thing for their toddler.  Everyone thought is was gross then too.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Is that child a Rodlet? There seems to be some random kids in high chairs that look too healthy to be one of JillR’s. But it’s still gross to eat off the table. 

The small boys farther seated at the middle of the table are definitely not Rodlets, since none of their boys are young (plus the healthiness). I think the little girl on the end is a Rod based on the outfit and the lack of a plate, but I couldn't say for sure without seeing her pinched little face.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I just can't understand why these kids don't t deserve a plate or even a napkin and have to eat directly off the table. Who is the gal in red shirt at the end of the table? I thought it was a heavier Michaela Bates for a quick moment.

It is sort of weird about the Bates and Covid. We had to see Carlin & Evan sprawled and suffering in bed with their humidifier/nebulizer when they had it.

I can't  keep these families straight. Didn't the Bates (Kelly?) make a public statement a while back  that some of them had been diagnosed with Covid?  

BTW, I just got my prescription strength anti nausea medicine rx filled. Plenty to go round for everyone.  Just in case Jill posts some more obnoxious pictures.

Probably the one paying for all of them . 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Why don’t Fundies like to call it Easter?

Because the word Easter is derived from an ancient goddess of fertility, Eostre.  There was a pagan springtime celebration of new life which the Christian celebration of Christ's resurrection superceded, while adopting the name.  Fundies don't like the idea of the celebration of Christ's resurrection from the dead being connected to a pagan god.

Same reason many don't celebrate traditional Christmas with trees since those originated as a pagan holiday celebrating the winter solstice.  They're ok with calling it Christmas for obvious reasons, but many do not exchange gifts or decorate, other than with a nativity scene and their kids don't wait up for Santa because all that magical stuff like elves and flying reindeers is of the devil, of course.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Because the word Easter is derived from an ancient goddess of fertility, Eostre.  There was a pagan springtime celebration of new life which the Christian celebration of Christ's resurrection superceded, while adopting the name.  Fundies don't like the idea of the celebration of Christ's resurrection from the dead being connected to a pagan god.

Same reason many don't celebrate traditional Christmas with trees since those originated as a pagan holiday celebrating the winter solstice.  They're ok with calling it Christmas for obvious reasons, but many do not exchange gifts or decorate, other than with a nativity scene and their kids don't wait up for Santa because all that magical stuff like elves and flying reindeers is of the devil, of course.

Thank you! I truly had no idea! This is very informative. I had no idea.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I can get not wanting to call the holiday Easter but why don’t they just call it Pascha ( or some variant) like virtually all non-English speaking Christians do?

Not asking you specifically, but it seems odd given Pascha ties into the Old Testament which fundies tend to focus on more so than other Christian groups.

Edited by lampshades
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, lampshades said:

I can get not wanting to call the holiday Easter but why don’t they just call it Pascha like virtually all non-English speaking Christians do?

Not asking you specifically, but it seems odd given Pascha ties into the Old Testament which fundies tend to focus on more so than other Christian groups.

Probably because that sounds suspiciously foreign to them. Not saying it's a logical response.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm one hundred onboard with words having incredible power, but it seems to me that many times these uber-Christians make a big deal of certain words and terms in a very elitist way. To call attention to their beliefs as the only correct way to believe. Like, Easter, pshaw, its Resurrection Day, you silly fool.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Kaylee is definitely up for marriage. And Kaylee doesn’t need to lose any weight Jill. She pisses me off.

2363D71E-59A8-4527-92EC-BE9AC95B3ED0.jpeg

Twenty whole minutes?

I am 62 years old. And a half. Twenty minutes is my warm up. Then twenty to thirty running and another twenty minute cool down.

Hey Jill? STFU.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Twenty whole minutes?

I am 62 years old. And a half. Twenty minutes is my warm up. Then twenty to thirty running and another twenty minute cool down.

Hey Jill? STFU.

Think of all the time you'd save if you used PLEXUS instead!!!!! 😉 

• LOL 15

Everyone was around the baby with no masks on. Guess they were trying to kill the baby.

13/33 grandkids are being starved to death.  Nothing to be proud of Jilldo.

Jill has 13. Angie has 9. 11 kids between the other 2. Jill out birthed them all.

3AF438E0-9476-4C5B-BDDF-1E5074789925.jpeg

It was covid. Apparently a severe case. No mention of Chad or the kids contracting it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGy3BVgr_S0/

Came back to add, Erin said she tested positive in August. She made 3 posts in September, two posts this month, including this one. She must be one of the long haulers who seem to get better, relapse and then continue to have symptoms.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It was covid. Apparently a severe case. No mention of Chad or the kids contracting it.

But this doesn't stop her idiot sister from flying to see Joy and her newborn and toddler. These people just refuse to learn.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

But this doesn't stop her idiot sister from flying to see Joy and her newborn and toddler. These people just refuse to learn.

Well Carlin probably thinks its no big deal now, because Carlin and her husband also had covid. Apparently, more than a few Bates have had it.

• Love 8