Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Playing in corn kernels during a pandemic, no matter how young or old you are, is a big no from me.

It gives me the creepy crawlies.  Who knows what kind of pests like fleas are festering in that animal feed. Yuck.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Playing in corn kernels during a pandemic, no matter how young or old you are, is a big no from me.

43 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It gives me the creepy crawlies.  Who knows what kind of pests like fleas are festering in that animal feed. Yuck.

I cringed and felt the bile rise in my throat when I scrolled thru Jill's pictures and saw Janessa with her hands in her mouth.  I highly suspect Jill did not wash Janessa's hands after playing in the corn.

• Love 5

I'd be happy to never see the girls and Jill stick out their tongues in photos. What the hell is wrong with Jill anyway. Is she mentally 6? That's what small kids do.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9 pictures:

She's so jealous because Nurie really is a young newlywed and this has put Jill into the position of mother in law and soon to be grandma .

• Love 11

Nathan's bank account just breathed an audible sigh of relief as Nathan and Nurie headed for the gate. His grifting in-laws will now have to pay for their own family's meals and Jill's ever-so-worldly shopping addiction. How many days' wages went into pampering the RodRents? Jill was probably making a list of her favorite restaurants and gift shops for their next visit as she was waving good-bye. 

The kids are still scratching from that strange corn-filled playpen outing. I hope they got a shower. At least they got some decent meals during the week. Now it's back to the occasional bowl of beige slop. 

• Love 20

On Nathan and Nurie's behalf, I started singing the chorus of Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills" while looking at those pictures. "Run to the hills! Run for your lives!" (That's what my dad always does after GTFO of unwanted social interactions.) I thought they both looked kind of over it in those church pictures, and they definitely seemed over it in those airport pics. Wonder how long before they feel obligated to return. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I’m sure Nathan is aware of what happened with his sister and her douche of a husband. Maybe he decided he would NEVER treat his wife that way, and is making doubly sure to be kind and generous and let her know she’s valued by him. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, now I wouldn't even think about it, 8 years ago, I was all for it(though a smaller bin then what they were in).

2 hours ago, Zella said:

"Run to the hills! Run for your lives!"

HA! Great band, great song and perfect for those two!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Wonder how long before they feel obligated to return. 

Too soon.

Been there, done that. For one thing, now that Nurie's experienced the relief of taking a free breath she probably feels some guilt pangs about abandoning that bunch of innocents to the 24-hour-a-day nightmare that is Jill. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Too soon.

Been there, done that. For one thing, now that Nurie's experienced the relief of taking a free breath she probably feels some guilt pangs about abandoning that bunch of innocents to the 24-hour-a-day nightmare that is Jill. 

I wonder if Nurie is there yet. How does she spend her days? None of the Duggar girls adjusted very quickly. JillD met up with Derick any chance she could, Joy followed Austin everywhere, Jessa gravitated to the TTH with Ben the jobless handyman and Jinger was very homesick.

Is Nurie at home all day with no car, no TV? Does she go to work with Nathan? Does she hang with Mrs Keller? Is she homesick? Or does she love the quiet and freedom? 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Nurie is there yet. How does she spend her days? None of the Duggar girls adjusted very quickly. JillD met up with Derick any chance she could, Joy followed Austin everywhere, Jessa gravitated to the TTH with Ben the jobless handyman and Jinger was very homesick.

Is Nurie at home all day with no car, no TV? Does she go to work with Nathan? Does she hang with Mrs Keller? Is she homesick? Or does she love the quiet and freedom? 

Yeah, I'm sure she's still pretty much hanging constantly on Nathan and doesn't have any idea how to fill her days or what to do with quiet and freedom.....I don't think I'd want to know how she spends her days because it's probably still kind of sad, with all her old habits gone!

But I'll bet she has probably begun to dimly apprehend that there's no longer a giant rock constantly hovering over her head making silent threats, which I'm sure is what it feels like when you're chained to Godly Mama. Jill's still in full residence in her head at this point, no doubt, but by now I expect she looks up every now and then and realizes it feels strangely different and better somehow not to have the actual rock of Gibraltar hovering three inches above her skull.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 videos, 3 pictures:

Yeah, saying goodbye is always so hard but putting a mask of your damn face is always SO MUCH HARDER

These people are despicable. 

I also wonder how Nurie is adjusting to life so far away from Best! Mama! EVERRRRR!

But IIRC she probably has a car. Wasn't there an IG post about a car that Nathan bought her or them? (If they were a mainstream young couple I'd write "they bought a car," but I believe the SM post said Nathan bought it.) I assume Nathan has a pickup or other vehicle(s) for his lawn care business, and if so that means that Nurie does have a car to use every day.  

I think they live near his parents so maybe she spends some time with her in-laws while Nathan's at work. I don't know what Ma Keller is like but I suspect she's quite different from Jill. I hope she's kind to Nurie. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I think Nurtan will be back home with Mama for Thanksgiving.

I was thinking perhaps they’ll do Thanksgiving in Florida, and Christmas wherever the Rodrigues family happens to be at the time.

🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Fuckety fucking hell, that video is a new low for Jilly Bean. Literally running after them, shoving her fucking camera into their faces when they clearly want to be GONE.

Nurie wasn't sad AT ALL to leave and Nathan clearly tried to get her away.

I honestly can't get over her behaviour, it's well past anything normal and decent. She needs help. That house must be utter hell to live in.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I honestly can't get over her behaviour, it's well past anything normal and decent. She needs help. That house must be utter hell to live in.

I posted here a week or so ago, that JillR's SM posting has been relentless and incessant lately. And almost EVERY time, there is a close up selfie of her, no matter what the ostensible subject of the post is. [Maybe she read here because I noticed that since then she once or twice posted some preachy stuff without her face on it.]

I'm not trained in psychology or up to date on terminology, but the word that keeps coming to my mind about her behavior is: manic. I've learned that people in the MLM business are told to post every day on social media to plug the product (and I've seen that with some friends on FB), which could explain the constant posting. But not all her postings push Plexus and she seems to be posting nonstop. 

I wonder if her behavior has changed at all recently in general, or for some reason she has just become hyper-aggressive with the SM posting. I do sense someone who may be almost out of control and can't imagine what life must be like in that family. I think it's as you said: utter hell.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

I posted here a week or so ago, that JillR's SM posting has been relentless and incessant lately. I'm not trained in psychology or up to date on terminology, but the word that keeps coming to my mind about her behavior is: manic. I've learned that people in the MLM business are told to post every day on social media to plug the product (and I've seen that with some friends on FB), which could explain the constant posting. But not all her postings push Plexus and she seems to be posting nonstop. 

I wonder if her behavior has changed at all recently in general, or for some reason she has just become hyper-aggressive with the SM posting. I do sense someone who may be almost out of control and can't imagine what life must be like in that family. I think it's as you said: utter hell.

I think that one thing that's making Jill more manic than usual is that she desperately wants another baby and it's not happening. Being pregnant at the same time as your daughter seems to be the Holy Grail of Whacked-Out Fundie Motherhood, even better than multiple births (Michelle Duggar has already achieved that distinction, along with whelping out two sets of twins, cementing her MOTY status). Jill has already assured us that Nurie wants badly to be pregnant at the same time as Mama and prays for it every day. Her frustration must be rising daily.

On another note, I wonder how long Nathan will be "the best son-in-law ever!". I'm betting that Jill's feelings will start to change the first time Nurie turns down a summons to come home to Ohio or cuts a phone call short with "I really can't talk now, Mama". If Nurie starts to disengage and begins setting up boundaries, Jill is not going to take it well at all and her fury will likely be directly at Nathan for "turning my daughter against me". 

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I posted here a week or so ago, that JillR's SM posting has been relentless and incessant lately. And almost EVERY time, there is a close up selfie of her, no matter what the ostensible subject of the post is. [Maybe she read here because I noticed that since then she once or twice posted some preachy stuff without her face on it.]

I'm not trained in psychology or up to date on terminology, but the word that keeps coming to my mind about her behavior is: manic. I've learned that people in the MLM business are told to post every day on social media to plug the product (and I've seen that with some friends on FB), which could explain the constant posting. But not all her postings push Plexus and she seems to be posting nonstop. 

If I was going to go the mental health route, I'd lean toward borderline personality disorder. If we look at her posts from the borderline lens, her posting could be the push/pull and love/hate feelings that folks with borderline personality disorder struggle with. So the posts would actually be aimed at Nurie. Nurie "left JillR", therefore JillR is having feelings of anger and abandonment. JillR is showing Nurie that not only does life go on without her, its actually better. In the mean time JillR is probably texting Nurie and alternating between loving texts and passive-aggressive texts.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I think that one thing that's making Jill more manic than usual is that she desperately wants another baby and it's not happening. Being pregnant at the same time as your daughter seems to be the Holy Grail of Whacked-Out Fundie Motherhood, even better than multiple births (Michelle Duggar has already achieved that distinction, along with whelping out two sets of twins, cementing her MOTY status). Jill has already assured us that Nurie wants badly to be pregnant at the same time as Mama and prays for it every day. Her frustration must be rising daily.

Christina Caldwell should probably watch her back. In the second quarter of 2022, she could hit the trifecta -- pregnant at the same time as two of her daughters! To the bitter envy of all fundie-womankind. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I don't see Borderline in her, but what I do see is an excessive and manic behaviour. It might be Plexus and untreated thyroid problems, which can cause all sorts of things, plus a raging narcisisst tendency and the world must revolve around her.

She's manic posting, shoving her fucking camera into people's faces all.the.time now, regardless of boundaries. She doesn't seem to sleep much either. Something's clearly going on, even best husband evaaah is tired of her.

I feel for her children so damn much it's upsetting me at this stage🤨

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

There's a club you can join.

I can hardly look at a Rod kid without tearing up. And it drives me crazy when they're criticized or mocked and made fun of. They've got a world of suffering, they caused none of it (not even the oldest ones like Nurie and Tim, who are the ones who mainly come in for public ridicule), their lives have been hell so far and they'll never fully recover from what's been done to them, no matter what. 

Isolation among like-thinking people is so dangerous for kids in families like this. It'll never happen in this country, but I'd support a 100-percent ban on homeschooling to make it as hard as possible for people to totally isolate children in cultish communities like these fundie ones. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I don't see Borderline in her, but what I do see is an excessive and manic behaviour. It might be Plexus and untreated thyroid problems, which can cause all sorts of things, plus a raging narcisisst tendency and the world must revolve around her.

She's manic posting, shoving her fucking camera into people's faces all.the.time now, regardless of boundaries. She doesn't seem to sleep much either. Something's clearly going on, even best husband evaaah is tired of her.

Could be mania, spending money and the extra posts. But the posts themselves aren't any different than Jill's typical posts. She's not displaying grandiose thinking beyond her normal Jesus posts and her activities don't feel manic. Jill definitely has 'thyroid eyes'. She could also be entering peri-menopause and what we're seeing is that combined with Nurie leaving.

Or she's just JillR and is more skilled with her phone and IG. The woman is definitely a nut-job.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Could be mania, spending money and the extra posts. But the posts themselves aren't any different than Jill's typical posts. She's not displaying grandiose thinking beyond her normal Jesus posts and her activities don't feel manic. Jill definitely has 'thyroid eyes'. She could also be entering peri-menopause and what we're seeing is that combined with Nurie leaving.

Or she's just JillR and is more skilled with her phone and IG. The woman is definitely a nut-job.

Good points. Her overall behavior may be about the same as before but we're just seeing more of it with the ramped-up nonstop SM posting.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

There's a club you can join.

I can hardly look at a Rod kid without tearing up. And it drives me crazy when they're criticized or mocked and made fun of. They've got a world of suffering, they caused none of it (no, not even the oldest ones like Nurie and Tim, who are the ones who mainly come in for public ridicule), their lives have been hell so far and they'll never fully recover from what's been done to them, no matter what. 

Isolation among like-thinking people is so dangerous for kids in families like this. It'll never happen in this country, but I'd support a 100-percent ban on homeschooling to make it as hard as possible for people to totally isolate children in cultish communities like these fundie ones. 

Totally agree, I'm currently trying to work through my own childhood trauma (struggling with the concept of being traumatised for I experienced nothing like that at all) and every time I look at the younger ones especially, I want to cry. The hyperventilating and grimacing of the elder girls when the camera is on them, bloody hell, it's just to awful.

Thankfully, Homeschooling is illegal here, which is why Corona is causing parents to go stir crazy at the moment, but when you go to school, at least there's some normalcy for part of the day

• Love 12

Can Jill just be nuts? A combination of religiosity gone sideways, too many children, not enough money, social media pressure, out of control thyroid, raging jealousy of her oldest daughter, menopausal madness, and a slug for a spouse, though one who is building regulation averse but can temporarily put a roof over her head. 

And speaking as one who has aunts younger than themselves and an uncle who was a year older, it's not just fundies. Sometimes it's just a crazy grandmother who doesn't give a crap about much of anything and popped out babies at will.

• Love 17

I think Jill is possibly in full manic/panic mode. Nurie left and seems ok. Timothy and the not Nuries are all at fundie marriage/ leave and cleave age  and Sammers or Phillip is close to it.

she needs more kids to keep the grifting game going. the dinners and money from people who feel sorry for the kids. so she needs to be pregnant and that seems to not be happening.

• Love 8

My fervent hope is that Jill doesn't give birth to a special needs child, one with real needs not Jill's drama stuff. Jill would be in her glory--and it's sad to even think that--while her daughters do all the work and have to delay their own futures as a result. 

I have known too many people like Jill in my life (mostly in my family), all polish on the outside (or so they think) but completely unhinged just below the surface. It's like being around a chainsaw that never shuts off. I wonder if David ever regrets this marriage or if he's now as dead inside as his empty eyes look. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I suppose that at least we were spared seeing their tongues while they were kissing....🤢

I’m betting that N&N don’t know that you can use your tongue while kissing.  French kissing is a term that neither of them have ever heard before.  D&J know about French kissing only because David was such a wild, out-of-control sinner before marrying Jill. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Was Jill the only one in the family to see the couple off by going inside the airport? I'm sure it has to do with following them with her camera.  My brother has always gotten a drop off at the curb. Same with picking him up when he arrives.  No pomp & circumstance for him. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

My fervent hope is that Jill doesn't give birth to a special needs child, one with real needs not Jill's drama stuff. Jill would be in her glory--and it's sad to even think that--while her daughters do all the work and have to delay their own futures as a result. 

I have known too many people like Jill in my life (mostly in my family), all polish on the outside (or so they think) but completely unhinged just below the surface. It's like being around a chainsaw that never shuts off. I wonder if David ever regrets this marriage or if he's now as dead inside as his empty eyes look. 

Jill appears to become more unhinged with each passing year.  She’s now on SM all the time, and I think that Nurie marrying, and the fact that she may not ever get pregnant again, has made her more manic than usual.  She’s always been batshit crazy but damn, she’s been taking it to a whole new level in the past few months.  My heart breaks for those kids who have to live with that insanity 24/7/365.

Edited by farmgal4
I always leave out a word.
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Fuckety fucking hell, that video is a new low for Jilly Bean. Literally running after them, shoving her fucking camera into their faces when they clearly want to be GONE.

Nurie wasn't sad AT ALL to leave and Nathan clearly tried to get her away.

That video was painful to watch.  Jill cried all the way to the airport, I could hear it in her voice.  What a fucking bitch she is, to put a guilt trip like that on her newlywed daughter.  She really is a horrible, horrible person.

• Love 13

In the video of Jill taking Nurie and Nathan through the airport and she says how she'll miss them and doesn't want to say goodbye and such, it reaked of insincerity. Instead, all I heard from Jill was manipulation more along the lines of "how dare you leave and have a happy life" rather than true "I'll miss you". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Nurie may secretly like being physically away from Jill, but Jill's creepy, threatening, high-pitched voice and inappropriate giggling play in an endless loop in her head. Honestly, hearing Jill talk to her children gives me chills (really), so I can only imagine what it feels like to Nurie who grew up with it. 

As for Jill's SM unravelling, I'm waiting for the people in the Church of the Holy Neon Sign to start getting fed up with Jill (and her enabler, David). At some point, mania stops looking like energy and enthusiasm and starts looking like crazy. The cracks are surely forming. Some of these church members are going to see through Jill and her absolute compulsion to control everyone and everything at any cost. 

• Love 13

I married into the military, and was unemployed for a while (I’m a teacher, so, moving mid year makes it rough to find a job). I developed new hobbies. I learned to quilt, I learned to can, I volunteered at the base library. Nurie can find ways to occupy her time, if she’d like, especially if she has a car. And I think all of mine above would have even been Gothard-approved ways to do so. 

• Love 10