Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

Once again I have second hand embarrassment for the older kids.  They are too old to be playing in this corn/covid mess and I'm guessing there was an age limit sign that was ignored.  

and Jill took pics mostly of the teens in the corn crib thing and Janessa who should be playing in it, is sitting on the side watching them. the other girls younger than Tessie, who should be playing in the thing, not shown or are just in the background of the big kid fun

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The rest from Facebook is below as a “spoiler”.

This feels like her way of expressing her disappointment in Jill Duggar's recent YouTube Q and A's, where she acknowledged moving away from the Gothard style Christianity she was raised in. Probably not, but it's interesting timing for Jill R's screed about wayward Christians. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

wow! she was linked to practically every eligible duggar male and she/pa caldwell chose someone else.  take that JB

I'm not sure he'll really care. The Caldwells aren't bringing much, if any, money into the equation, and they have an expanding horde of much younger children to provide for with the apparently little money they do have. And Caldwell's church job means he has no ability to give a Duggar son a real paying position the way the Spiveys can, for example. 

JB may be just as happy to find his daughters-in-love..ICK...in families with a better financial picture. 

8 hours ago, emma675 said:

Yikes, if he's not a walking advertisement to wear sunscreen, I don't know what is. 

The Kellers probably couldn't afford sunscreen. Too much of a luxury. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

pictures and videos:

Wow, Nathan and Nurie get a room! 🙂   I'm glad to see Nurie looking so happy and enjoying her husband.  Hope there is some time before Nurie is pregnant.  Just enjoy being young and in love.  Despite what Jill says, I don't think Nurie is homesick at all. 

A friend of mine has a lawn care business and makes a decent living from it.  If they don't have too many children Nurie and Nathan can have a nice life.  Nathan be tough and do not give your hard earned money to Jill.  Dave and Jill snuggling.  Shudder.  I do not need that picture in my mind.

Edited by beagletime
correct and add another sentance
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Certainly Nurie has been brain-washed by her parents, but hasn't Nathan as well?  Since when are the Kellers the super-hip and normal parents?

They had some kids break away so they can't be that good at brainwashing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They had some kids break away so they can't be that good at brainwashing.

And the kids who broke away still seem to be part of the family, it doesn't seem like the senior Kellers have banished or forbidden their siblings from interacting with them.  There is no doubt in my mind that any Rodrigues kid who dared to express the slightest doubt about any of the legalistic stupidity that Jill and Shrek have forced upon them would be tossed out and never spoken of again.

• Love 18

Welcome to Plathville is coming back to TLC.  Does Primetimer have a forum listing for them? I couldn't find one, but I know I read stuff about them on here before.  The promo talked about how they want to be separate from the world and its bad influences, then the hot teenage son is being photographed nearly naked in the shower.  Oookay then.... https://www.thelist.com/176645/the-untold-truth-of-tlcs-welcome-to-plathville/ has more details. It's an old article but it was updated.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Once again I have second hand embarrassment for the older kids.  They are too old to be playing in this corn/covid mess and I'm guessing there was an age limit sign that was ignored.  

Those Rod kids are like prisoners who will take just about any detail just to have some time outside the prison walls. I bet life in the Rod compound is so stupefying that a chance to get out and roll around in dirty, dusty corn is almost orgasmic.  

Wonder how much that little afternoon cost Nathan. You know he had to take them all out to eat too. 

• Love 12

Hello everyone, it is I, Jill Timothy Rodrigues and ... LINE UP (godly) LADIES!

Pic 2 had me howling. 

And what is with these people who simply cannot take a picture that is in focus?! 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Hello everyone, it is I, Jill Timothy Rodrigues and ... LINE UP (godly) LADIES!

Pic 2 had me howling. 

And what is with these people who simply cannot take a picture that is in focus?! 

I should have two cups of coffee before reading this forum because I thought Jill took these pictures of Timothy taking selfies before I realized he was facing a mirror while taking selfies. 

Such modesty!

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Tim must be doing OK, he treated a party of 5 to Applebee’s and can afford a gym. Good for him, a year or two ago he couldn’t afford a $10 book.  If Tim has been working out at home “forever,” what is Shrek’s excuse?

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

Tim must be doing OK, he treated a party of 5 to Applebee’s and can afford a gym. Good for him, a year or two ago he couldn’t afford a $10 book.  If Tim has been working out at home “forever,” what is Shrek’s excuse?

If Tim has been working out at home forever, I don't think it was working.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I see a guy who is likely nice, but we don't really know. Assholes can appear to be nice from the outside looking in and folks who seem cold and distant in public can be affectionate softies at home. 

It doesn't seem to me that of the Bates, Rods, Kellers and Duggars that any of the men treat their wives poorly, but I don't know enough about Nathan yet to form an opinion about him. 

No you’re totally right, @GeeGolly. My husband looks like a stone faced, buff murderous lumberjack (lol, worst description but so accurate) on the outside. Meanwhile he’s helping me rescue stray animals and cooking dinner.

To me, I get the impression that Nathan really loves Nurie, and it seems genuine. I just hope that new, sweet feeling isn’t fleeting.

• Love 12

in all the pics of the Rod's old house and the barndo, I can't recall ever seeing a pic of the boys working our or even one piece of exercise equipment

I think Tim started working out when he went off to Moody. you know, when he gained the 10lbs even with his super Jesus blessed metabolism

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, emma675 said:

It's sad how quickly Nurie became dead eyed and rictus grinned in photos (on the worst camera ever) when she went back home to visit Jill. 

She kind of did, at least in the pictures with Jill. In the ones with Nathan and her siblings at Applebee's she looked more natural. They all did. I wonder if Nathan or Tim paid for the latest dinner out? 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

The last slide looks like Jill accidentally took a pretty good picture.

I actually get it! It's representing the end of Nurie's trip. 

That's the first and last time I will ever understand Jill Rodrigues. 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

In the corn patch picture Nurie's body language is begging Nathan to take her home. I think she misses her siblings but not her ultra-controlling mother. 

Tim flexing his guns on social media may be the most normal post from him IF it had been his social media account and not his mother's.

Janessa walks! I'm not sure I've ever seen her walk before, she's always being held and carried around. 

• Love 13
On 10/16/2020 at 2:28 AM, AussiesRule said:

I was going to say the same thing. These fundie families all do this, lumping all the kids together in the same activity regardless of age. In one of the video she pans around and one of the boys (never know which is which) is sitting on the edge looking bored shitless.

They don't see age . You're either a child or married . 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Nice that Jill doesn't let the fact that a church service is in progress keep her from turning her head around and taking pictures.  I don't know how the members of the church feel about it, but I would be angry if she pulled that if I were sitting near her in church.  First, it's distracting.  Second, and perhaps most important, I HATE getting my picture taken and don't want to end up with my face posted on someone's social media account.  I don't care if I'm in the background and not the focus, I don't want to be in your pictures.  This should never be a concern in a church service.

Whether or not she should have taken these pictures in church, she definitely should NOT have posted this unflattering shot on social media.  It should have gone straight to the garbage bin.  Nurie and Nathan both look very, well, SPECIAL.  

I agree she shouldn't be snapping photos. Nurie and Nathan look fine to me. Nurie looks like a friend of mine. 

Maybe Jill should take notes like the person in the background. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, MunichNark said:

That corn field box was plain freaky, the two older boys must nearly be adults at this stage, who on earth finds this amusing??

Our library does amazing children's programs. I always took the kids I watched to those. One was a play group and they had a huge bin of corn to play with. As an adult, I have to say that it was actually very theraputic and calming to run my hands through it. I don't know what it was, but I always loved when they had it out. Of course, this clown show wouldn't ever realize that. They have a corn field like this at a pumpkin farm not far from me.

Edited by Madtown
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 10/15/2020 at 1:24 PM, GeeGolly said:

I see a guy who is likely nice, but we don't really know. Assholes can appear to be nice from the outside looking in and folks who seem cold and distant in public can be affectionate softies at home. 

It doesn't seem to me that of the Bates, Rods, Kellers and Duggars that any of the men treat their wives poorly, but I don't know enough about Nathan yet to form an opinion about him. 

Anna Duggar would like a word. She just doesn’t know it yet. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6