Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It's an amazing and wonderful place filled with every variety of cheese you can imagine. They also sell accompaniments like smoked sausage and mustard.  A lot of their cheese is locally produced by the Amish.  They've also added candy in the last couple years and sell all sorts of delicious candies, mainly chocolates, but yummy good stuff.

Rodriguii hoard walks in, samples everything possible, and then leaves empty handed. Lunch, Jill style. I wonder if the little waifs know that it's possible to buy something and bring it home to eat later. 

I'll pass on Timmy's CD. I doubt he'll be able to keep any of the money for his career or anything else. What's his full time job Jill mentioned? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Tim made an entire CD in a couple of months? Professionals couldn't even do that.

That's why they're professionals. 😁

...although now that I say that, I guess Taylor Swift and high company did Folklore in, like, three months, right? 

so....nevermind.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

In the olden days, music groups (look at the Beatles discography) put out 4-5 LPs per year. So there is that. I think the more you add computers the longer the process is.

Erm, of course they WERE musicians as Timbits is not.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

In the olden days, music groups (look at the Beatles discography) put out 4-5 LPs per year. So there is that. I think the more you add computers the longer the process is.

Erm, of course they WERE musicians as Timbits is not.

Those weren't all completely new albums though.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bewitched said:

My daughter is looking to apply to music conservatories in a couple years.  I may have her add Oberlin just as an excuse to visit the Cheesebarn  LOL.

Oberlin is a cute little town, too, filled with people who don't seem to know that the 60's are over.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

It's almost one o'clock in the morning, on August 8, 2020.

I'm alone in my living room.

I've just finished a book, and I'm thinking about crawling into bed.

Suddenly a thought flashes like lighting in my brain. "IT'S AUGUST. NURIE RODRIGUES IS PROBABLY MARRIED BY NOW."

All thoughts of bed forgotten, I log onto Primetimer and settle in for the night.

I need...a life? Valium? A good, stuff drink? Plexus and a shanty filled to the brim with dusty tchotchkes?

Nurie may already be pregnant by now!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I would never buy a CD from a grown-ass man who is incapable of using his own social media account to announce he was releasing one. 

Also:

784724773_ScreenShot2020-08-08at4_07_33PM.png.7d9da9c20c41e37372f32e551d3cfef2.png

At what point in time did he seemingly have a stroke and lose the ability to write?

And not a ringing endorsement: "It's not professional but I'm proud of it."

12 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Nah too malnourished. She is skin and bones. Wonder if she even seen the doctor to get a routine physical.

I've seen far too many women thinner than Nurie get pregnant to think she can't.  

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I would never buy a CD from a grown-ass man who is incapable of using his own social media account to announce he was releasing one. 

Also:

784724773_ScreenShot2020-08-08at4_07_33PM.png.7d9da9c20c41e37372f32e551d3cfef2.png

At what point in time did he seemingly have a stroke and lose the ability to write?

And not a ringing endorsement: "It's not professional but I'm proud of it."

In Tim’s defense he probably has second grade education at best. Poor kid never had a chance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Also:

When I was a child, I coudn't wait to learn cursive.  Turned out my handwriting is just really bad no matter what.  When I saw Timmy's signature on that CD, it remnded me of my 3rd grade writing.

• LOL 3
On 8/8/2020 at 10:46 AM, doodlebug said:

We should plan our first annual Small Talk reunion there.

that would be AMAZING if we did that!!  Maybe after corona?  

What was that that Lawson killed?  I kind of don’t want to know. 

and it’s old news but I love how Jill differentiated their fun as “good, clean fun” as opposed to the filthy, obscene fun the rest of us families with children have!  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Where exactly is all this money coming from for Jill and Dumpy and all umpteen dozen kids to play mini golf and laser tag and all of the other stuff they've done to mourn poor Nurie? One or two of those activities may have been affordable but it looks like they've done a half dozen different ones by now. 

Good question, and all of this is quite odd.

I'm sure Jill didn't spend a lot of her money on Nurie's wedding, but why would she spend on the kids when she could have used the cash to buy something for herself and chubby hubby? It's not like Jill to splurge on her children, even to troll her critics. The kids must have wondered what hit them, but they probably know by now to just shut up and enjoy while it's there.  

Did some wedding guests/relatives feel sorry for the poor children and arrange this? Did Jill finally manage to squeeze the last drop of blood from the Dingii? Is Tim paying for this from his full-time job? Were these outings among Nurthan's wedding gift certificates, and dutiful Nurie gave them up? 

Oh, well. I'll sure Chatty Jilly will eventually spill the story. 

• Love 12

I can't knock Tim's penmanship because my own is so atrocious. Like I've had 2 different workplaces ban me from leaving handwritten notes. 🤐

I'd venture to say most of the Rod and Duggar kids probably don't have the greatest handwriting skills because their parents didn't care/lack of practice. 

• Love 10

when looking at Duggar real estate contracts I have noticed on the line for Michelle to sign she prints her name with a little heart over the i. no cursive signature at all. so timbits is better than her

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I can't blame Tim's writing, either.  I'm sure he did not have proper instruction.  My father's writing was so bad, my teacher accused me of scribbling a signature on my report card after he had signed it.  I had to take it back home and have it resigned.  He was a pharmacist who was thankful for the typewriter.  I can't tell you how many times I had to call a doctor in the middle of the night shift to clarify orders.  We had one neonatologist who was forced to print his orders.  If two nurses couldn't read his orders, he received a call in the middle of the night.  He was grumpy!

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, not you again said:

At first glance I thought maybe it was a fox. My husband thinks maybe a coyote.  Either way, not an animal for food. Growing up in a rural area, lots of people hunt out of need, and I can't hate on that. But this, I can. 😠

I saw this photo elsewhere, and people were thinking it was a coyote. I suppose it might be, but we get our share of them around here and I've never seen one looking quite as fluffy. Maybe it's a young one, as it also looks a bit smaller and not quite as rangy as the coyotes I've seen. To be honest, it doesn't look quite as much like anything but a house cat on this photo, but even the Bateseses wouldn't be so dumb as to think that was a picture worth sharing.

• Love 7
Just now, crazy8s said:

lawson claims it was a pest attacking animals on the ranch he is visiting

And how does a man who doesn't live on a ranch and doesn't do any actual physical labor at all know which predator exactly is preying on livestock? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

And why exactly did he think it was his right or responsibility to pick up a shotgun and kill it? Asshole.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I can't knock Tim's penmanship because my own is so atrocious. Like I've had 2 different workplaces ban me from leaving handwritten notes. 🤐

I'd venture to say most of the Rod and Duggar kids probably don't have the greatest handwriting skills because their parents didn't care/lack of practice. 

Yeah, I can't mock him for that. My handwriting is horrible. I also feel kinda bad for mocking him for the CD. The poor guy doesn't know any better and his mother probably told him he was a amazing. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, emma675 said:

And why exactly did he think it was his right or responsibility to pick up a shotgun and kill it? Asshole.

He probably killed it with the gun on his hip. 🙄

• Love 1

Pretty sure it's a fox.The pointed ears and fluffy,striped tail are a giveaway.

That said,foxes aren't as bad as ppl think.Our neighbor taught our nborhood forum a few things about them,so that others will leave them alone and not think they have to rid of them

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

We’ve had to kill coyotes on our farm throughout the years, because they attack and kill young livestock.  One even came into the yard and caught and killed my cat.  I hate them.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yeah, especially since I don't trust Timbits not to spend half of whatever he gets to buy gifts for the best Momma in the whole world.

Baby boy needs to get back into Momma's good graces so yeah presents for her it is.

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Disgusting POS makes me sick.

He really fell out of the asshole tree and hit every smug branch on his way down.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@Temperance, how was Ashley's wedding? I assume it's over by now.

n/m, I caught it just in time for a song, the vows, and a terrible kiss. 

I just watched it on Instagram. I went to the park to walk around (nice day) during the wedding. 

I really liked a lot of it. Her dress was beautiful and form-fitting. The music was decent. A nice diverse group of people although too many for pandemic times. She had one bridesmaid with beautiful black curls.

All the music was live. The music choices were the most surprising part. They did On Eagle's Wings at a protestant fundie wedding despite it being a Catholic hymn.  They did a mash-up of Joyful, Joyful We Adore You (Ode to Joy) and Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, King of Creation. They sang Lord of All Hopefulness, which possibly different words although hard to tell. They left the ceremony as the singers sang Bryan Adams' Here I Am.

The service was long with a long sermon on the Holy Trinity. There wasn't much or any focus on wifely obedience. She promised to love and cherish him. They did do the "Who gives this woman?" bit, but I don't think they used the term headship at all so that's good. Nathan Bates (her ex) would definitely be a headship type. 

The groom looked bored. Maybe if the service had been shorter and he got to look at her butt in the dress more, he would have been more excited.

They got married in the state of Ohio, where he is from. The wedding would probably have been in NYC if not for the pandemic.

The worst part was the video quality which was horrible. 

I hope they're very happy and become less fundie in time. 

Edited by Temperance
figured out the song
  • Useful 10
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I just watched it on Instagram. I went to the park to walk around (nice day) during the wedding. 

I really liked a lot of it. Her dress was beautiful and form-fitting. The music was decent. A nice diverse group of people although too many for pandemic times. She had one bridesmaid with beautiful black curls.

All the muisc was live. The music choices were the most surprising part. They did On Eagle's Wings at a protestant fundie wedding despite it being a Catholic hymn.  They did a mash-up of Joyful, Joyful We Adore You (Ode to Joy) and another hymn I'll have to look up. They sang Lord of All Hopefulness, which possibly different words although hard to tell. They left the ceremony as the singers sang Bryan Adams' Here I Am.

The service was long with a long sermon on the Holy Trinity. There wasn't much or any focus on wifely obedienceShe promised to love and cherish him. They did do the "Who gives this woman?" bit, but I don't think they used the term headship at all so that's good. Nathan Bates (her ex) would definitely be a headship type. 

The groom looked bored. Maybe if the service had been shorter and he got to look at her butt in the dress more, he would have been more excited.

They got married in the state of Ohio, where he is from. The wedding would probably have been in NYC if not for the pandemic.

The worst part was the video quality which was horrible. 

I hope they're very happy and become less fundie in time. 

Did you see the dance at the reception? Awkward! She seemed embarrassed. Kudos for serving a sit-down dinner. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

We’ve had to kill coyotes on our farm throughout the years, because they attack and kill young livestock.  One even came into the yard and caught and killed my cat.  I hate them.

Yes, they're a menace. My neighbor owns cows and has asked everyone on the road to shoot coyotes if they see them after his cows. 

I'm not sure that's a coyote, though. Unless they're a lot fuzzier up there than they are down here. 

I realize this is not a popular opinion on here and I respect everyone else's POV, but as someone who grew up in a family who hunts and shoots vermin, I didn't really give Lawson's picture a second thought. He is a douchebag, for sure, but I don't really have enough information to say whether or not he was being irresponsible. Based on my neighbor's request, it wouldn't surprise me if whoever he is staying with asked him to do that or gave him permission to do so. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8