Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was someone else’s cart altogether.

Nah, I think that was their cart. There were plenty of questionable items in there. All those taco packets for Taco Tuesday? Do they even know that's a thing? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I grew up around an old-world Amish community.  I have found in the last few years they are much more friendly to "outsiders", but still no photos are allowed.  They have realized that they need the outside community to come to their shops and markets. They are forced to have outside, credentialed teachers now, and the teachers drive cars, but they still live the plain life.  They are allowed to go to Dairy Queen, which they did not do in years past.  They wave to you more than years ago, but they are still very isolated.  I believe the different communities may have their own rules about how strict their lives are.  I would guess it depends on their particular Bishop.

• Useful 9
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

In Jill's defense, some store are putting limits on things. There's an Aldi right across the street from my apartment complex. I don't know if they are limiting eggs, but they have a 1 meat item limit. Not one pack of chicken, one pack of pork, just 1 meat total. My mom and I went to Walmart the other night. I had 2 cartons of eggs, she had 1. She was planning on paying for both our orders. The cashier told us they were limiting eggs to one carton per person ( I swear I looked for a sign by the eggs, there wasn't one, just a general sign saying they were limiting things, but those are all over the store). I had to put one carton of my eggs away and we had to split the order into 2. I did a quick search, the closest Sam's Club where they might be able to buy bulk Is about 30 miles from Wooster.... there's 2 Aldis within 5 miles. 

True. Now that there are only three of us here, I don't think much about limits.

However, Jill's purpose with this photo is to brag about how much they buy to feed their kids. (Take that, haters!). If she were smart, she would certainly say something like, We usually buy 15 loaves of bread, but today the limit was one! We will have to be creative in this difficult time!

Jill can't do that because she's completely tone deaf. She can never get ahead of her critics because she can't comprehend and anticipate other people's perspectives. 

Edited by BradandJanet
accuracy
  • Love 12

Does anyone read lovinasamishkitchen?  She posts a little family news and then a recipe, on Fridays.  Makes it seem very nice.  Except not so sure.  I don't guess JillR would be reading any of that on the dreaded inter webs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

True. Now that there are only three of us here, I don't think much about limits.

However, Jill's purpose with this photo is to brag about how much they buy to feed their kids. (Take that, haters!). If she were smart, she would certainly say something like, We usually buy 15 loaves of bread, but today the limit was one! We will have to be creative in this difficult time!

Jill can't do that because she's completely tone deaf. She can never get ahead of her critics because she can't comprehend and anticipate other people's perspectives. 

When asked, Jill admitted to store limits in her FB comments. So that could account for only one loaf of bread.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Gil Bates is speaking this evening. I might try to listen. Since Kelly wasn't named as a speaker, I wonder what his focus will be and how closely it adheres to old Gothardism.

can't wait to see what coloring page they choose next,

Lot's wife turning to a pillar of salt? 

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 11

yes...all you said is true..my friends live in northern PA  (they are mennonite- but the husband was raised amish) and the bishop makes all rules...so you might have some that can paint their barn but not the house. some can paint the house and have flowers. some can only have wood fires. some can have generators. some women have frilly victoria secret underwear parties and wear it under their dresses...some women are not allowed to use snaps but can use only strait pins...all different kind of rules..and most are referred to by the buggy they drive..so you have the black toppers, yellow toppers and the white top corn huskers...my head was spinning by the the time we left....but yes the amish are friendly....

• Useful 10
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Renee, just wear the damn sweater, you don't need to put a tank or halter top over it. 

Unless there is a cutout of the sweater near the breast area or something.

It's not about the sweater or shirt with long arms or whatever . It's to show how extremely modest they are . The shirt alone would fit within their  standards for modesty but everyone else wearing the same item would too . And Jill can't have that , she has to show off. So  modesty shirts and sweaters under all those SEVERELY slutty clothes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

They are the wrong kind of Christian though. And not as big of a catch as ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER.

(His name isn't important, just that he's Anna Duggar's brother)

I'm pretty sure it's JOSHUA DUGGAR'S BROTHER-IN-LAW, 'cause Anna's name isn't the important one, either.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, lianau said:

It's not about the sweater or shirt with long arms or whatever . It's to show how extremely modest they are . The shirt alone would fit within their  standards for modesty but everyone else wearing the same item would too . And Jill can't have that , she has to show off. So  modesty shirts and sweaters under all those SEVERELY slutty clothes. 

Looking at the photo up close, it seems she is wearing a long sleeved tee shirt and not a sweater.  And has put some sort of sleeveless top or dress over it.  There is nothing about a long sleeved tee shirt that is immodest, we know they've got a shi* ton of denim skirts that she could've paired with it; but I presume that tee shirts are potentially too close fitting and too 'masculine' to meet Jill's standards for modesty.  How would people know NotNurie was a girl if she didn't put a 'feminine' top on over her tee?  Jesus doesn't like it when the sexes don't look completely different.  Except, of course, back in his day when everyone wore skirts and had long hair.  And no one but fallen women wore thick layers of makeup.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Gil was in full preacher mode. He recounted the story of Job, KJV style. It was bland and basic. Just reminded people to keep the faith. 

Thankfully I had stuff to do and just listened, so the hour wasn't a total waste of my time. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 3

Jill could easily get around the store's limits in order to get more than one loaf of bread.  I know the Aldi by me has a limit of 4 cans of each type of green beans and they sell like 4 different types.  One person can walk out with 16 cans of green beans and not go over the limits.  Jill can probably get one loaf of white bread, one loaf of wheat, etc.  And she can also have NotNurie do the same.  Isn't that the point of bringing another adult to the grocery store?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

If you told me Rene was 45 I’d believe you. Her look/hair/makeup ages her so much. 

David, Jill and Rene were at the store maybe all of them were there. 

Nah this was Renee's week so the grocery store was her special outing. 😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill could easily get around the store's limits in order to get more than one loaf of bread.  I know the Aldi by me has a limit of 4 cans of each type of green beans and they sell like 4 different types.  One person can walk out with 16 cans of green beans and not go over the limits.  Jill can probably get one loaf of white bread, one loaf of wheat, etc.  And she can also have NotNurie do the same.  Isn't that the point of bringing another adult to the grocery store?  

Jill is the expert grifter, so she would have these moves (and more) down pat.

Taking Not Nurie  (and others?) with her to the store and without masks (not SANITARY) and then showing off the "bounty" is an Internet FU that failed. Having Renee deliver the punch line on the caption is Jill's attempt to deflect. 

The kids can't be eating as much as she claims and still look the way they do. I doubt her "FULL" shopping hauls amount to much more than what we saw. Bringing the kids to the store to look at food they won't get is just mean. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

If you told me Rene was 45 I’d believe you. Her look/hair/makeup ages her so much. 

David, Jill and Rene were at the store maybe all of them were there. 

I had no idea how old this girl was. Looked it up. She was born in June 2002. She is not quite 18. OMG she looks 20 years older. I have a feeling if she washed her face and brushed out her hair she would be pretty well maybe  attractive.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Hey Jill show us the kids eating stew or chili with the free beef you got. Those kids surely can use a few bowls of food this weekend.

Agreed. We see photos of kids in front of untouched plates of food. We see photos of kids in front of empty plates. These are usually in restaurants. We don't see  kids actually eating the food.

Jill, show us a video of your kids eating entire meals at your home. Show us the delicious full breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that you brag about providing. Put that side of beef to work to save your reputation. 

• Love 19
On 4/29/2020 at 7:30 AM, Barb23 said:

Jill definitely reads here and/or is trying to prove she feeds her family well.  Why else would there be 3 gallons of milk?

I can't stand a messy shopping cart especially in the grocery store. I like to put same type of items together so they get checked out& packed in bags together.  (Ex:  all frozen together,  all dairy,  all bread, etc.)   Helps putting it all  away.  

Don't  they buy in bulk especially with the laundry detergent and dish soap?  I know Renee said this is a just run in for a few things shopping trip but I would think having a large family would make her be prepared so they don't run out .

See, this is the issue.   We look through the common sense lens, you know, the one that says plan ahead and be frugal when no one has a freakin job with a ton of kids. 

14 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

See above comment regarding planning ahead  at all.   

• Love 7
(edited)
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Frugal? Jill? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seriously, the Rods probably just got their very sizable stimulus check, and Jill was already spending. 

Exactly.  Stimulus check for refund of the taxes they DON’T pay...    I’m positive they get a massive refund every year, in spite of not paying taxes due to NO FUCKING JOBS

#rantover  for now 

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

But, but, “prayer IS the work”!!!

(Gospel according to the dubious wisdom of scrawny, hormone-wracked, pubescent Saint Nathan.)

Would that happen to be scrawny, hormone-wracked, pubescent Saint Nathan who is ANNA DUGGAR's BROTHER?

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Exactly.  Stimulus check for refund of the taxes they DON’T pay...    I’m positive they get a massive refund every year, in spite of not paying taxes due to NO FUCKING JOBS

#rantover  for now 

I wonder about this.  The Earned Income Tax Credit for kids requires the adults to actually work and declare the income on their taxes.  If the Rods really do live off of love offerings, then they aren't going to declare those on their taxes.  The only visible income they can claim is Jill's Plexus commissions and the "profit" from David's printing business, and maybe the money from their missionary church.  The total of those could conceivably be less than the minimum for a married couple to file.  I think the only taxes they file are the ones for David's business and not individual income.  I don't see them getting a massive federal refund every year.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wonder about this.  The Earned Income Tax Credit for kids requires the adults to actually work and declare the income on their taxes.  If the Rods really do live off of love offerings, then they aren't going to declare those on their taxes.  The only visible income they can claim is Jill's Plexus commissions and the "profit" from David's printing business, and maybe the money from their missionary church.  The total of those could conceivably be less than the minimum for a married couple to file.  I think the only taxes they file are the ones for David's business and not individual income.  I don't see them getting a massive federal refund every year.  

Yup. You have to put in, to be able to take out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Would that happen to be scrawny, hormone-wracked, pubescent Saint Nathan who is ANNA DUGGAR's BROTHER?

SEVERELY scrawny brother in law to a Duggar 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, not you again said:

Oh, some "dear friend" probably will, and it end up looking like some of the creations on Cake Wrecks.  😆

I can't wait to see what the cake looks like. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, not you again said:

I wonder how old that kid is.  I took algebra I in 8th grade, and that was in Georgia, the Stupid State, back when the earth was still cooling.

he is 16 - birth date July 22, 2003

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have a feeling they can also claim as income any love offerings that go through that missionary clearing house thing they belong to.

I could be completely off base about this but my guess is that part of the point of that organization is to qualify these people-getting-love-offerings-because-they're-performing-missions as freelance workers and thus earners, not beggars. 

5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

he is 16 - birth date July 22, 2003

So in other words he's probably ahead of many of the Duggars -- the younger ones, at least -- when it comes to algebra math. 

Of course, he's actually working on his math, too, which I doubt that many recent or current Duggar school-ees have done much of. Here's hoping this means he has some escape aspirations. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I would believe Jill showing us a shopping cart full of makeup and food for the parents that’s she’s about to buy. 

Would not surprise me that a dear friend is buying the cake. Shrek is salivating already at eating most of it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill posted pictures of all 7 cakes. I’ll just post one. 😁

E46AAD32-3984-46AC-BE4B-4836BC8EFD8A.jpeg

24BEC68E-0247-4C14-B829-40115397EBC5.jpeg

It is really sad that Jill thinks she is impressing the world by showing us a picture of Phil staying up late studying his "algebra math."  She is bragging in her world but is really showing how out of touch & behind Phil is compared to his real world high school counterparts.

Jill doesn't realize staying up late studying is common.

I looked up Phil's age. He will be turning 17 in the summer which makes him a Junior in 11th grade in most high schools.  My son was in the accelerated math program & took algebra math in 7th grade.  Students took it in either 8th or 9th grade way back in the dark ages when I went to school. 

Reminds me of  James Duggar doing his elementary school math flash cards when he was middle school age. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I have a feeling they can also claim as income any love offerings that go through that missionary clearing house thing they belong to.

I could be completely off base about this but my guess is that part of the point of that organization is to qualify these people-getting-love-offerings-because-they're-performing-missions as freelance workers and thus earners, not beggars. 

Jill is a smart enough grifter to know that you have to report to the IRS what someone else is also reporting.  The pass-the-plate love offerings, gofundme and property they acquire along the way would not be reported.  

• Love 5

Nurie is going to be lucky to get a Betty Crocker cake baked the night before with frosting haphazardly slapped on and a dollar store figurine on top. 

Not to say the instant mixes are bad. They are amazing when tweaked properly. Do I think any of them know how to make an instant recipe even better? Nope. 

I guess it could be worse and she could be getting the Duggar ice cream sandwich cake. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If they have a “church,” do they pay taxes at all?

I am not a tax professional, but I believe everyone who draws a salary is on the hook for income taxes.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, not you again said:

I wonder how old that kid is.  I took algebra I in 8th grade, and that was in Georgia, the Stupid State, back when the earth was still cooling.

Good point! A math wizard I was not, but I also took algebra in middle school. 

• Love 9

I'm laughing at the Phil algebra math photo. I hope he aspires to more than boxing up  smiley tracts, but the odds aren't good. Notice the carefully placed books including the non-religious Civil War book facing outward and a grammar book on the desk! I bet that book doesn't get much use. Troll Jill is at it again. I'm surprised she didn't try labeling the photo "Timothy preparing for final exams." All those kids look alike from the back. Maybe Phillip is positioning to be the new golden boy since poor Tim has vanished off the face of the earth. 

Well, Jill did say "wedding cake designs." No way Nurie gets a professional cake like the ones in the photos. The church ladies will have to do their best. My father was a pastry chef. Those cakes are very difficult to make and that's why they cost so much. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12