Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Where is the tour of Alyssa's house? I can't find it. She likes a quiet, clean, orderly home according to Kelly. I wouldn't want to EVER walk barefoot on her filthy carpet.

She has a YouTube channel.  Just look up Alyssa Webster.

I know I am being nit-picky, but the first thing you see is the front door.  The lock has been changed, and it is not the same size as the old one.  You can see the outline of the old lock and chipped paint.  I would have repainted or at least touched it up.  But maybe they have no leftover paint.  John is no Chad, that's for sure.

There is a lot of STUFF in a small space.  I know 3 small children bring chaos and clutter, but all of the decorative items and frames just make the space look smaller.  Obviously she is not a fan of Marie Kondo.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Is it possible Alyssa's dirty rug is actually a pattern in the rug?   Didn't we think the same thing about the rug in Felicity's room? 

I wondered that, too. Because it seems insane to me that she'd include all that dirt in an advertising photo (unless it was a "Your Rug Before  :  (      Your Rug AFTER!  :  )     picture, at any rate).     

But I zoomed in. And the only way it could be a pattern -- to my eye, anyway -- is if Jackson Pollock once had a carpet-designing business, and he abandoned this all-neutral-spot pattern as hopeless after about the first 20 minutes. 

If it's not dirt, it's the very strangest carpet pattern I've ever seen. It appears completely random. And all various shades of dirt-color. if they paid for that, it wasn't worth the money!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Is it possible Alyssa's dirty rug is actually a pattern in the rug?   Didn't we think the same thing about the rug in Felicity's room? 

I went back and looked. I really think it's just dirt and hair and the usual carpet detritus that gets vacuumed up long before the carpet looks like that. 

She's barefoot on that carpet. Gross. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

She has a YouTube channel.  Just look up Alyssa Webster.

I know I am being nit-picky, but the first thing you see is the front door.  The lock has been changed, and it is not the same size as the old one.  You can see the outline of the old lock and chipped paint.  I would have repainted or at least touched it up.  But maybe they have no leftover paint.  John is no Chad, that's for sure.

There is a lot of STUFF in a small space.  I know 3 small children bring chaos and clutter, but all of the decorative items and frames just make the space look smaller.  Obviously she is not a fan of Marie Kondo.

Wow!  I watched the video and it's exactly as described.  Everything is picked up, but it looks to me like they could use some more space, especially if they're going to keep procreating.  That is a small place.  And the music is really corny!

• Love 3
On 4/17/2019 at 3:52 AM, ginger90 said:

7318AD4C-A7D7-4AD2-8EBA-22552129B6B7.jpeg

6F1EC8B4-3BDB-4751-874A-DCE0A3F1A611.jpeg

1C4F9EE3-9E83-4EC8-A98A-6614D036662D.jpeg

Oh my, just saw this and realized Jill and company were only 20 minutes from my house. I’ve eaten at that restaurant.  I suddenly feel like I need a shower.  I suspect I know which mall Timothy frequents, I’ll have to keep my eyes open if I’m there on a Saturday 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Kbo said:

Oh my, just saw this and realized Jill and company were only 20 minutes from my house. I’ve eaten at that restaurant.  I suddenly feel like I need a shower.  I suspect I know which mall Timothy frequents, I’ll have to keep my eyes open if I’m there on a Saturday 😉

That R'girl's grimace now reminds me of Chandler's expression when he and Monica try to get engagement photos done. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Regarding Jill R.’s post... Where does it say No Drinking in the Bible? 

It doesn't. It just says not to drink to excess. Jill R, as usual, is totally nuts!

Edited by beckie
my phone doesn't want to work properly!
  • Love 14

The same professional photographer who took the pregnancy announcement photos of Joe and Kendra also took photos of Lauren Caldwell. She wore the same dress (brand/make) that Jana has wore in the past. (I don't think Jana gave her the dress; I think she and Jana bought/ordered the same dress from the same company.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Regarding Jill R.’s post... Where does it say No Drinking in the Bible? 

You know the part where Jesus turned water into grape juice 😎 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, Heathen said:

I went back and looked. I really think it's just dirt and hair and the usual carpet detritus that gets vacuumed up long before the carpet looks like that. 

She's barefoot on that carpet. Gross. 

Looking at that picture and watching the video makes me happy about my "no street shoes" rule in my house. Being barefoot on that carpet is gross!
Thanks for the link to the video! I don't know why all the comments on youtube are so enthusiastic about her style. The kitchen looks strange, the couch is too big and I think it's too cluttered for my taste. However, it's a small house for five people!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dirndl said:

I don't know why all the comments on youtube are so enthusiastic about her style. The kitchen looks strange, the couch is too big and I think it's too cluttered for my taste. However, it's a small house for five people!

I don't either. Alyssa's house reminds me of Jessa's, pre-makeover. Too much clutter, furniture too large for the space and paint that's too dark for the bedrooms, making them feel closed-in. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dirndl said:

Looking at that picture and watching the video makes me happy about my "no street shoes" rule in my house. Being barefoot on that carpet is gross!

I allow shoes in my house because 1. plantar fasciitis and 2. I absolutely hate the sound of bare feet walking. I really can't bear it. Despite that, and despite having cats and a dog, my carpet still looks better than Alyssa's! 

1 hour ago, Dirndl said:

I don't know why all the comments on youtube are so enthusiastic about her style. The kitchen looks strange, the couch is too big and I think it's too cluttered for my taste. However, it's a small house for five people!

Leghumping. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 6
On 4/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Dang, she looks 7 months gone.

She looks five months to me. It's hard to tell since women gain weight differently and a women is going to gain weight much faster during a seventh pregnancy.  

Anyway Sierra wasn't hiding it well. I said this about her scooter picture:

On 4/16/2019 at 11:12 PM, Temperance said:

Sierra looks pregnant, but that's just speculation. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2019 at 3:27 PM, Kbo said:

Please do report back any Tim sightings!  And any receiving of tracts!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

At least the Dominguez kids look healthy, well-fed, and happy. They're not Rodriguii drones. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled snark. Seven kids is too many already, Sierra. Think Mirena. Only your doctor would know. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

At least the Dominguez kids look healthy, well-fed, and happy. They're not Rodriguii drones. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled snark. Seven kids is too many already, Sierra. Think Mirena. Only your doctor would know. 

If she gets to 13 her kids will be dirty and underfed too. Quit while you are ahead 

• Love 10
On 4/20/2019 at 3:27 PM, Kbo said:

If you do find him, do your best to corrupt him. Please? Then Jill will write a blog post about you! Of course she will probably refer to you as an evil heathen, but you will have made the blog!

I would love if one of us made Jill's blog. I can just imagine all the descriptors she would use for us all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

If you do find him, do your best to corrupt him. Please? Then Jill will write a blog post about you! Of course she will probably refer to you as an evil heathen, but you will have made the blog!

I would love if one of us made Jill's blog. I can just imagine all the descriptors she would use for us all.

I never wears skirt/dress so I’d be described manly with no make up and not Christian...

• Love 3

Oy Jill R random capitalization drives me bonkers.  Happy birthday Nuri I hope you ate some food and had cake with momma (and Daddy too). Who am I kidding? I doubt she got any special meal or cake.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 6

If you click through the JillRod pictures, you see the youngest girls in some pathetic purple dresses.  

I get that Jill noticed other fundie musical families bought matching outfits so for the last year or more she's decided to go with color themes.  And Nurie has the godawful purple bridesmaid dress and the boys have purple shirts, so - purple!  It looks as if either Nurie or Angie made those five dresses - possibly in the dark and sewing with their feet.  The gaudy flowered fabric on Sofia's and Olivia's dresses is hideous.  And the weird color of Sadie's sleeves makes me sad.  But fabric isn't cheap.  The yards needed for the skirts on the two older girls would cost more than just buying them dresses from Walmart.

And you know those little girls see other girls at different churches dressed in pretty clothes.  They must have been hoping for nice new dresses and, instead, they got these long, ugly dresses.  Shame on you, Jill.  If you honestly think your children are gifts from God, why do you treat them so shabbily?

(And it's Easter.  Quit trying to make Resurrection Sunday a thing.  It isn't a thing.)

Edited by NotFundie
  • Love 14

Those dresses look like something from a bad wedding in the 1980's.  And they are all new, so whoever serves as Jana in that family spent a lot of time sewing them.

Instead of indulging in clothes, jewelry, and makeup, Jill should use the money to get her kids food and dental work. Who am I kidding? Jill is all about baubles and bragging, not investments in her children's wellbeing. 

Who's the son with the yellow tie? He's quite nice looking in that photo.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Who's the son with the yellow tie? He's quite nice looking in that photo.

That's Samuel.  I think he, Kaylee, and Hannah (the dark haired girl who is second tallest in the girl group pic) are the cutest - although, I think all of them are good looking kids.  If they were allowed to have nicer haircuts and more food, they'd all look better.

Also, I felt that I needed to add:  I rag on the sewing because I sew.  If whoever did the outfits used a simpler pattern with shorter skirts, it might have turned out better.  I notice that Jill and her favorite daughter never have to wear homemade clothes.

Edited by NotFundie
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Instead of indulging in clothes, jewelry, and makeup, Jill should use the money to get her kids food and dental work. Who am I kidding? Jill is all about baubles and bragging, not investments in her children's wellbeing. 

That is so sad. The first thing I noticed was how thin and malnourished the children looked. 

• Love 6

That poor baby is swimming in that purple monstrosity of a dress. 

The other girls look like they have escaped from a 1980’s wedding. Those sleeves!!! 

As for dental care for the kids, look at Daddy R’s teeth. I don’t think dental care is a priority...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NotFundie said:

That's Samuel.  I think he, Kaylee, and Hannah (the dark haired girl who is second tallest in the girl group pic) are the cutest - although, I think all of them are good looking kids.  If they were allowed to have nicer haircuts and more food, they'd all look better.

Also, I felt that I needed to add:  I rag on the sewing because I sew.  If whoever did the outfits used a simpler pattern with shorter skirts, it might have turned out better.  I notice that Jill and her favorite daughter never have to wear homemade clothes.

The pattern is fussy and out of style, and they chose shiny satin for a Sunday morning church outfit. It might be passable for a little girl's knee-length skirt, but not for floor-length outfits for the grown daughters. The Rodreguii on parade. I bet they stood out. 

Yes. Look who's not wearing these outfits. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, NotFundie said:

If you click through the JillRod pictures, you see the youngest girls in some pathetic purple dresses.  

I get that Jill noticed other fundie musical families bought matching outfits so for the last year or more she's decided to go with color themes.  And Nurie has the godawful purple bridesmaid dress and the boys have purple shirts, so - purple!  It looks as if either Nurie or Angie made those five dresses - possibly in the dark and sewing with their feet.  The gaudy flowered fabric on Sofia's and Olivia's dresses is hideous.  And the weird color of Sadie's sleeves makes me sad.  But fabric isn't cheap.  The yards needed for the skirts on the two older girls would cost more than just buying them dresses from Walmart.

And you know those little girls see other girls at different churches dressed in pretty clothes.  They must have been hoping for nice new dresses and, instead, they got these long, ugly dresses.  Shame on you, Jill.  If you honestly think your children are gifts from God, why do you treat them so shabbily?

(And it's Easter.  Quit trying to make Resurrection Sunday a thing.  It isn't a thing.)

I nearly cried (seriously) when I saw those poor kids dressed for Easter.  It’s too bad that Jill doesn’t allow comments on her IG posts, because I was dying to type 3 words:

Jill, you suck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, bythelake said:

Maybe their marriage is on track and they decided that now was a good time. They’re also both over 30.

One thing you've got to say about Amy is that unlike her cousins she didn’t start popping out blessings right after her wedding. She’s also not afraid to do new things. Some things succeed some fail but she’s not afraid to try. The girl’s got spunk..

Apparently all proof positive that she wasn't raised by JB and M, soul-killers and kid-squelchers extraordinaire. 

Much as Amy likes to take credit for being the "rebel Duggar," she wasn't raised in the cult or in the JB and M family nor as a child on reality tv. She dodged numerous bullets by not being their kid. She gets to do the famewhoring without any of the crummy consequences. Lucky Amy. 

I expect her baby will probably even go to school. So lucky baby, too.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dang, she looks 7 months gone.

I follow her on IG, and people have been commenting for months that she looked pregnant.  Guess they were right.  I honestly don’t know how she does it.  The woman has more energy than I’ve ever seen and appears to be a great mother.  At least she lets her kids be kids instead of having to raise their siblings.  She’s got the baby sleeping in a Pack-N-Play in the master bedroom, so I don’t know where she’ll put the newborn.

• Love 2

The Maxwells have had several blog posts recently. One was a plug for the new book with several confusing statements about marriage. The next was Easter. Then they had their usual photo dump of "random life". 

Melanie Maxwell is having a baby soon. Sarah put it like this:

"For the anticipation part, we’re excited about Nathan and Melanie’s newest addition, now due in less than a month. When will Baby Maxwell vote to come? Any guess?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2019 at 3:14 PM, Heathen said:

I have wondered before if the Rodrigues' "foreign" last name affects their prospects in the fundie world. I think maybe it's a pinch of that, along with their other issues: their emaciation, unattractive countenances that include overloaded makeup and 1940s grab-bag clothing, and the presence of their parents. 

Nah. Sierra's man is Latin and they have a similar name, no problem. As long as there's no whiff of Catholicism.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:15 PM, awaken said:

I cannot believe jill’s Eyeliner is thicker than before!  I can’t see how that level of making oneself up can be considered godly, and it’s hard to imagine the fundie ladies they visit see loads of makeup as pleasing to the lord either. 

There was one pic where the girls didn’t have on makeup and looked natural- unrecognizable!  I wish we could see more of their real selves.  

Mrs Sackett of the fancy house wears pants!  😮

the Keller boys are super dorky  yes,  what do they do for work? (If anything- prison ministry?  Tract printing?)

one of the girls’ incredibly sad sparkly JESUS hat.  Oh my.  

The girls...the outfits... the accessories... the makeup and hair are so Level 1000 WTF.  I'm pretty much speechless. I think the lack of food has affected their critical thinking skills. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

According to FJ, Sierra's husband works for Sam's Club. She seems to always trying to make a little money. Like the scooter post was sponsored by Citrus and Lemon. 

He works for Sam's FURNITURE, a local fundie-run outfit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A bunch of pictures:

AAAEAE5C-0012-4D11-BC95-6AC8A17E2D72.jpeg

Nurie, you LITERALLY bring us NOTHING ....... but joy .  Great,  now her random capitalization makes it  look like precious Nurie got (and Kaylee)'d

7 hours ago, NotFundie said:

What's with this War on Easter ?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, lianau said:

Nurie, you LITERALLY bring us NOTHING ....... but joy .  Great,  now her random capitalization makes it  look like precious Nurie got (and Kaylee)'d

What's with this War on Easter ?

too catholic? too bunny?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3