Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

What also helps the Rod parents cover their tracks is that they are always on the move in their stink bus.  Somehow they got a house, but they seem to never be there.

ETA - how are they finding the funds to fuel the stink bus?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7

The coconut video sounds horrible.  Unless of course what we don't know was JRod tries it first and convinces them it's good, and there are more coconuts for the kids. I get they didn't video all their kids eating it, but they might have reassured us they were going to get some too. Of course, we are always going to think the worst of them because of their sickly starving kids.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I just read 'The Glass Castle', a terrific book; a woman's memoir of a hellish childhood being raised by an alcoholic, mentally unstable father and a mother who was also mentally ill.  Initially, the kids are homeschooled and really don't know what is missing.  It isn't until later, when they are going to school and interacting with neighborhood kids that they start to realize how bad things are for them.  For that matter, the author herself says she didn't even consider writing the book until, after hearing the umpteenth bizarre but true story from her childhood, her husband told her she needed to write it down, that other people wouldn't believe it.

Thanks to this post, I just went and on got on the online waitlist from my library for my Kindle for it. (must be good, I'm 9th in line for it.)

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The coconut video sounds horrible.  Unless of course what we don't know was JRod tries it first and convinces them it's good, and there are more coconuts for the kids. I get they didn't video all their kids eating it, but they might have reassured us they were going to get some too. Of course, we are always going to think the worst of them because of their sickly starving kids.

Oh no, there's no subtlety in the coconut video. Jill and Chimpy fucking hog it while the kids look on. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh no, there's no subtlety in the coconut video. Jill and Chimpy fucking hog it while the kids look on. 

That's just cruel to do to children. FFS, save it for after the kids go to bed.  These people disgust me on so many levels.  They're always bragging about what devout Christians they are but let their kids go hungry?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Thanks to this post, I just went and on got on the online waitlist from my library for my Kindle for it. (must be good, I'm 9th in line for it.)

Thanks for reminding me.  Unfortunately, there are 300 holds ahead of me but they have 43 copies so it shouldn't take too long.

• Love 1

More CPS talk. Most phones have long distance for free these days. Wouldn't be hard at all to make that call yourself, if you are so worried about the children. I have no doubt that David would wipe his entire family off the face of this Earth, if authorities got involved and there was a real chance of something happening. He seems like that type to me. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

don't want to sound mean, but husband david is hideous beyond belief. how he got anyone to marry that face is a miracle. and the kids just tragic looking. all homely. i know its mean, but wow.

A 17 year old homeschooled Virgin who'd never been kissed until her wedding day, that's who. Maybe having a Portuguese surname made him all the more "exotic", even though he probably doesn't speak or understand a word of it.

Chimpy wasn't as unfortunate looking back then because he was slimmer and younger, but he wasn't anything to swoon over, either.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Thanks for reminding me.  Unfortunately, there are 300 holds ahead of me but they have 43 copies so it shouldn't take too long.

I have it lying around here somewhere...I always reread books, so tend to buy rather than borrow. I know I read it at least twice, but now I'm thinking it's time for another go-round. It really was a great read, even though I so wanted to shake any sort of sense into her parents almost continually. Didn't even know there was a movie version. Is it any good?

• Love 1
On 8/10/2017 at 6:34 PM, latetotheparty said:

It's like my mother in law is alive again. *shudder*

Or they took it off her warm corpse...perhaps they did and the seats are alive.....

Has anyone gotten wind of the Bontrager Family? They had a double wedding and a single all on one weekend.

Yes, we followed the Bontragers last week. :) I actually watched both weddings...well...most of them. They're old school fundies who like to drone on and on an on......

One of the mothers of the double wedding party was proud that the kids didn't hold hands until they were at the altar! Yikes! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Whenever I see her write this, I keep thinking of internal decapitation instead of "merely broken", like the rest of the quads out there.  But that's just me.  LOL

Hasn't she also suffered a couple of severe miscarriages ? Severe seems to be her favourite word.

• Love 2
On 05/09/2017 at 0:35 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

When did Deanna Troi have a Baptist bump and banana curls? She was never so tragically unfashionable. 

Counselor Troi wore hairpieces and Dr Crusher wore wigs. Women in the future have full bodied hair.

original-grid-image-18266-1404159633-29.

It got quite bouffant at some point. c289030e8154fe4c271238f81c835264.jpg

star-trek-tng-deanna-troi-riker.jpg

This was the worst

Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-Season-6-B

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, we followed the Bontragers last week. :) I actually watched both weddings...well...most of them. They're old school fundies who like to drone on and on an on......

One of the mothers of the double wedding party was proud that the kids didn't hold hands until they were at the altar! Yikes! 

I never got to see the video before it went private. Are there ant stills we can fawn over?

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder what he'd say if the hurricanes (or any other natural disaster) hit in a blue state? Then they'd be paying for their sins, amirite?

Asshole. 

God is still finding ways to punish people, just not focused on the U.S. right now.

The 8.0-magnitude earthquake is punishing Mexican citizens for their sins along with the hurricanes, which make immigrating illegally to the U.S. more difficult.

So if you look at it that way, God is humbling, but also protecting the U.S.!

/sarcasm

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I saw it and it reminded me of one of those National Geographic specials where they show alpha wolves devouring an elk carcass while the weaker pack members are forced to look on and then fight for the scraps. The Rodrigues kids were downright feral with the way they looked ready to pounce once Chimpy offered them a sliver of coconut.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The mother sounds insufferable . Also the Lord gave them a bus , praise Jesus  .

• Love 5
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I saw it and it reminded me of one of those National Geographic specials where they show alpha wolves devouring an elk carcass while the weaker pack members are forced to look on and then fight for the scraps. The Rodrigues kids were downright feral with the way they looked ready to pounce once Chimpy offered them a sliver of coconut.

Only a sliver?  Where do I find this abomination on YouTube? Mr E is going grocery shopping tonight, so maybe I can witness this without embarrassment.

• Love 1

Ok, I saw the coconut video.

Tata for now? How many times did he say that?

Jills foodgasms over the coconut were cringeworthy.  Only one freaking coconut, but more importantly free?

Chimpy is definitely the missing link! I thought primates were somewhat more accomplished at using tools.  He did in fairness offer the kids some to try. Those poor pale children. So sickly, skittish, and underfed. Not much coconut to go round, was it.

I also tried to listen to one of their performances.  JRod drowning them out. Her vocal notes were so off key and so were the kids that my ears were bleeding in under 30 seconds. Didn't want to frighten the cat, so I had to stop.  Perhaps they have a future in their music being played to enemy combatants, but it might be banned by the Geneva convention.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Jills foodgasms over the coconut were cringeworthy.  Only one freaking coconut, but more importantly free?

Chimpy is definitely the missing link! I thought primates were somewhat more accomplished at using tools.  He did in fairness offer the kids some to try. Those poor pale children. So sickly, skittish, and underfed. Not much coconut to go round, was it.

Makes you wonder how Jill can deny evolution when she's got living proof right there in the bed with her.

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, awaken said:

Ick, intimate messsge that should not be shared publicly!  Love his "come hither" sexy look in that second photo!  

I'm so sorry I looked at JRod's post. It's like an accident I can't ever un-see. 

Her praising David for letting God control her womb suggests she's the one driving the offspring hoard, and David just tries to pray away the horror of it all. She probably chases him around the stink bus with a hot curling iron and a can of cheap hairspray to force him down for baby making. 

Yuck. I'm going to have nightmares tonight. 

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Yuck. I'm going to have nightmares tonight. 

W Thanks. You can only imagine the grunting noises coming out of Chimpy.

i guess he convinced this 17 yo never been kissed virgin that he was the last man on earth that had a pee pee.

What child in that family enjoys fasting if he/she were allowed to say how they really felt about it?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LittlePeas3 said:

she is going to break the internet posting those family photos of hers on insta, especially ones of her butt-ugly chimpy husband!  

She just called him handsome , maybe it's the plexus talking .

• Love 5

The coconut video was so horrifying. One Rodder boy practically clambered all over her, slobbering.

Did anyone see the post where the two girls who went to the Pearls (on THEIR request, you know! Totally not forced) and wrote something for their magazine? It's the saddest thing I've read in a long time. You only get your parents attention once in 3 months, they can't even be bothered to keep track whose turn it is and you get to go grocery shopping as a TREAT which surely is SEVERELY fun, especially as you may get to eat a whole chocolate bar in front of your starving siblings.

Again, I want to report them to CPS. Is there a way to do this online, what info does one need?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lianau said:

She just called him handsome , maybe it's the plexus talking .

Or just her delusions talking, the talk about how her kids are happy to go without etc, he is butt-ugly and there is no other way of saying it!  They are complete nutters, the pair of them.  The Lord will provide, my ass, get off your butts and start earning $ and paying for those deprived kids yourself!  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

See, I wondered if that's why Nurie was doing the big "I'm available!" photo spread a while back...she knows if she's the wife/mother, she can get to the food first. So sad.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's posting up a storm tonight. It's hard to tell if she was at the Duggar shindig or not. She's posting about HERSELF, no wedding pics. 

Jill sure is working it! Oh, look at MEEEEEEE.

• Love 5
On September 6, 2017 at 5:12 PM, ariel said:

Back in my day Ho Jo's was the place to go after clubbing.  I miss Ho Jo's & sadly I'm too old for clubbing.

I don't think I've ever been to a Ho Jo's, IHOP or Waffle House sober.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's posting up a storm tonight. It's hard to tell if she was at the Duggar shindig or not. She's posting about HERSELF, no wedding pics. 

Is this pathetic woman in love with herself, or what?  I just can't with these public lovey declarations.  They just sound so phony & stupid.

Cynical old hag that I am, it's nice to have bullshit like this to snark on.  

• Love 16
16 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

she is going to break the internet posting those family photos of hers on insta, especially ones of her butt-ugly chimpy husband!  

Jill had better keep the free orthodontia going (wonder how she does that) for a long time for those poor kids who inherit Chimpy's unfortunate jaw.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I don't think I've ever been to a Ho Jo's, IHOP or Waffle House sober.

Ditto for IHOP and Waffle House. But my family used to go to Ho Jo's for Sunday dinner. Drunkin Donuts was another destination in my college days. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MunichNark said:

The coconut video was so horrifying. One Rodder boy practically clambered all over her, slobbering.

Did anyone see the post where the two girls who went to the Pearls (on THEIR request, you know! Totally not forced) and wrote something for their magazine? It's the saddest thing I've read in a long time. You only get your parents attention once in 3 months, they can't even be bothered to keep track whose turn it is and you get to go grocery shopping as a TREAT which surely is SEVERELY fun, especially as you may get to eat a whole chocolate bar in front of your starving siblings.

Again, I want to report them to CPS. Is there a way to do this online, what info does one need?

Pictures don't lie. A good one of how skinny the kids are and their skink bus home might open someone's eyes.

1 hour ago, sr7698 said:

That bottom left picture of Jill is a legitimate glamour shot from those places in the malls in the 1980s.  The hair, makeup, hand placement, the face she is making, and the head tilt.

Thank you for demonstrating that "legitimate" is still the correct word to use!

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

But my family used to go to Ho Jo's for Sunday dinner.  

My family is Catholic & when I was a kid,  we went to Ho Jo's on Friday nights for the $1.99 Fish Fry. We couldn't eat meat on Friday, but fish was ok.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4