Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I apologize for the totally shallow post, but the Wallers (I think these are the unmarried ones) are a homely bunch. Some of these people make Davey almost attractive. And the sister on the far right still creeps me out. I always think Davey married his sister; sometimes, depending on the angle, I can't tell Prissy and her apart. 

On the other end of the shallow scale, Suze Keller's daughter Noelle is a dead ringer for Mackynzie. Wallers below (Suze is private).

Compared to his brothers David really is the attractive one . It's strange but true .

11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Is that Mom & Pop Waller in the front?  Doesn't she own a brush?  She probably thinks she's in fashion with the bright pink jacket but she loses the cool look with her white modesty shirt hanging out.

At least 2 of them have at least 3 shirts on. And are the comb-over bangs a nod to the PEOTUS?

• Love 1

Jill is wearing the biggest face veil ever. Apparently, Chimpy will unveil and kiss her at some point. Right now, there's a long-winded preacher waving around a gilded Criff's Notes version of the bible. My bible is twice that size, and I had to lug it around all day in college. 

5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My cats couldn't stand the sounds... I had to switch it off.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen my cats since I started playing this hot mess. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Imma just gonna drop this here. Watch at your own peril. :D

Time seems to work differently in Jill's world. It's like 1988 in 1997, and they've only reached the mid 90s in 2016. 

• Love 5

I will have nightmares about that veil tonight. I couldn't stop staring at it, in all its crooked glory. And when Chimpy had to raise the front up and try to get it over that godawful bow in back, well, that was a hot mess. 

1 hour ago, louannems said:

I fast forwarded to the ceremony.  I have NEVER seen a bride sing at her own wedding.  And behind a veill!!!!!!!

Lots of front hugging, at least.

Jill is a trendsetter, in the past 3-4 years I've seen quite a few viral videos of brides singing their way down the aisle. It's nails on a chalkboard for me but if they like it I love it.

I was crying laughing when the groomsmen and bridesmaids walked down and Jill narrated  their entrances like a fundie sportscaster ?.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Jill is a trendsetter, in the past 3-4 years I've seen quite a few viral videos of brides singing their way down the aisle. It's nails on a chalkboard for me but if they like it I love it.

I was crying laughing when the groomsmen and bridesmaids walked down and Jill narrated  their entrances like a fundie sportscaster ?.

I'm thinking vile videos!!

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:11 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I apologize for the totally shallow post, but the Wallers (I think these are the unmarried ones) are a homely bunch. Some of these people make Davey almost attractive. And the sister on the far right still creeps me out. I always think Davey married his sister; sometimes, depending on the angle, I can't tell Prissy and her apart. 

On the other end of the shallow scale, Suze Keller's daughter Noelle is a dead ringer for Mackynzie. Wallers below (Suze is private).

Because I'm an idiot, how to see the full pic?

6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Time seems to work differently in Jill's world. It's like 1988 in 1997, and they've only reached the mid 90s in 2016. 

Reminds me of Princess Diana's dress in its supreme fluffiness.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

And of course Jill has to tell us that David's brother is in a wheelchair. I'm surprised she hasn't gone back and edited the video to mention that Amy was in a SEVERE accident and is in a wheelchair now.

I'm just relieved their first kiss was chaste and didn't look awkward like some Fundy wedding first kisses we've seen.

• Love 1

Good LORD.  If I didn't know better, I thought I was watching an episode of Escaping Polygamy instead of a wedding video.  Or a documentary on Warren Jeffs.  I get the whole modesty thing.  I do.  But this seems more like a competition to see who can out-fundy everyone else.  There is one woman in the parking lot shots FTW.  Dark blue, long sun dress with two shirts underneath, black leggings and sneakers.  And a fundy bump the size of Kansas.  

I'm not saying that one must wear skin-right jeans and bikini tops 24/7.  I dress modestly as I am a little on the chubby side and prefer to have my curves concealed a bit.  Even when I was thinner I didn't let it all out there.  I wear pants and jeans and shorts, but with shirts that cover my behind and belly.  That's just me.  

There are so many ways to dress modestly without looking as if you just fell off a clothing recycling barge.  If it's a financial thing, I know many women who purchase clothing from Goodwill and the Salvation Army and look DANG good.  You would never know unless they told you.  This is something much MUCH different and a tad bit insidious IMHO.  Fundy men don't look this bad.  They just look dorky for the most part.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

There are so many ways to dress modestly without looking as if you just fell off a clothing recycling barge.  If it's a financial thing, I know many women who purchase clothing from Goodwill and the Salvation Army and look DANG good.  You would never know unless they told you.  This is something much MUCH different and a tad bit insidious IMHO.  Fundy men don't look this bad.  They just look dorky for the most part.

So it is written, even furniture must have modesty panels.

http://www.officefurniture.com/Desk-w-Modesty-Panel-71W-OFG-DS0057.aspx

Amen.  There will be Malbec and Riesling in the prayer closet.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So it is written, even furniture must have modesty panels.

http://www.officefurniture.com/Desk-w-Modesty-Panel-71W-OFG-DS0057.aspx

Amen.  There will be Malbec and Riesling in the prayer closet.

Haha! I was thinking that you meant like the Victorian ruffles to conceal the "legs" on a piano or something! 

But, yeah...it almost seems as though it's not only enough for a woman to dress so as not to draw the eye away from her countenance, but to consciously avoid looking attractive in any way, shape, or form lest a man's attention momentarily stray toward lust.

• Love 1

I've been watching/recording episodes of Gilmore Girls on the UP channel and keep catching bits Bringing Up Bates. I don't remember if I even watched them when they were on TLC outside of them visiting or being visited by the Duggars. Not that I expect a lot, but damn, I can't help but notice how, lets say dim, Kelly sounds. I don't remember her seeming so damn dumb before. Oh, and I saw a few talking head of 3 of the older sons and Nathan (I think, I had to look him up on one of the fan sites) is creepy as all hell. 

• Love 1

I'd love to watch that particular show actually. I can only ever view those teaser trailers.

Seems that Nathan's "courtship" is truly over now though - seemingly they no longer follow that girl on Instagram. So he's a used bit of goods now....although the Bateses don't seem quite as crazy. Trouble is of course, that they seem normal-ish  when compared to total utter nuts like the Dugwads.

Kelly isn't dim. Her thick TN accent can make her sound that way, and the family isn't big on proper grammar. But she's a thousand times more with it than Michelle Duggar, and she actually cares about all her children.

They showed some previews for the upcoming season of Bringing Up Bates. It looks like Michaela and Brandon are going to address their fertility struggles.

• Love 5

I haven't seen the clip, but are they implying Michael has the same issue as Erin or are they implying that she can't conceive at all?

Maybe they're just not screwing like rabbits the way all the other couples did when they first got married. Brandon doesn't strike me as the kind of guy with an off the charts sex drive.

Edited by BitterApple
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

....By Brandon saying "God says not yet" or words to that effect. 

Looks like he has bad swimmers. We know Michael would have been tested for known family disorders by now. But he will never be tested.

Or maybe he slips on a condom, Michael wouldn't know if grown men's penises grow a second skin after they mature. And maybe she has never actually seen it anyway.

• Love 3
On 28.12.2016 at 6:22 PM, Sew Sumi said:

What happened to David (please fundies , no more Davids , we have enough of them already) ? He looks normal .

So I forwarded through most of JRod's wedding. BUT.....

1) her husband was cute. What happened?

2) I was graduating high school near that time. Lots of family weddings, a few friends who married freshman year of college, etc. Where on earth did she find that poof mutton sleeve Victorian Doll dress in 1997. More like 1987. 

3) did they rob a nursing home and a magic store to find those blue bridesmaid suits with the short white gloves?

4) one part it did show down on was the processional with the bridesmaids - why were they cradling their bouquets like newborn babies? Why was there a narration of each bridesmaid that sounded like a really creepy dating auction? That was bizarre and disturbing. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like he has bad swimmers. We know Michael would have been tested for known family disorders by now. But he will never be tested.

You don't think their religious beliefs would prevent Michaela from doing the "testing" honors herself?  ;)

I suspect Michaela may have the same condition as Erin, and just hasn't conceived viably yet.  I guess we'll see.

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If one prays for a spouse and God delivers one with fertility issues is he sending a message?

Yes.  I presume said message is "babies aren't for you".   Outwardly, you'd probably be told it was your cross to bear and hope to pray away by praying, until you hit upon whatever secret sin you were nursing which was trammeling your ovaries &c.  After months or years of such treatment, they might reluctantly concede that maybe it's a mysterious Godly reason that has nothing to do with you being an evil sinner, and that the unknown divine determination would be that you're better as uncles/aunts.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Yes.  I presume said message is "babies aren't for you".   Outwardly, you'd probably be told it was your cross to bear and hope to pray away by praying, until you hit upon whatever secret sin you were nursing which was trammeling your ovaries &c.  After months or years of such treatment, they might reluctantly concede that maybe it's a mysterious Godly reason that has nothing to do with you being an evil sinner, and that the unknown divine determination would be that you're better as uncles/aunts.

Never mind that there are millions of kids in the Foster care system who will never see a permanent home. 

• Love 5

Well, I guess it's no surprise that Sierra was at the Duggars' last night (you can see the edge of one of the "Happy birthday Jesus!" banners in the upper corner of the pic. (Click on the pic somewhere and you can see the whole thing)

Edited by Sew Sumi
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, I guess it's no surprise that Sierra was at the Duggars' last night (you can see the edge of one of the "Happy birthday Jesus!" banners in the upper corner of the pic. (Click on the pic somewhere and you can see the whole thing)

Yikes it's that Lularoe dress again. What is God saying no to? Is she not pregnant like her BFF Jessa?

• Love 2

This is scary. Those are the words of someone who is drowning and desperately clinging on to whatever straws for dear life. 

I wont even go to the weird in love shite-again, it's terrifying in both its childishness and implications of major trouble

• Love 6

Her luuuuurve posts read like she has something to prove. Especially now that it's been a year with no blessing in sight (although she could be hiding something under that.... unfortunate dress. A comment guessed Lularoe. Possible? It looks like cheap polyester.

• Love 2
On 12/28/2016 at 0:22 PM, Sew Sumi said:

On 12/28/2016 at 5:03 PM, sheshark said:

I had a dress similar to the bridesmaids and crunchy (natural curly) hair in a picture dated 1986.

I was going to say, they look about a decade behind, fashion and hair-wise. I know 1997 was 20 years ago, which is hard to believe, but they look like they're straight out of the 80's.

On 12/29/2016 at 2:34 AM, gingerandcloves said:

And of course Jill has to tell us that David's brother is in a wheelchair. I'm surprised she hasn't gone back and edited the video to mention that Amy was in a SEVERE accident and is in a wheelchair now.

I was starting to lose my sanity so I skipped huge chunks. Jill actually announced that David's brother is in a wheelchair??? Wow.

On 12/30/2016 at 1:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

On 12/30/2016 at 1:55 PM, BitterApple said:

I haven't seen the clip, but are they implying Michael has the same issue as Erin or are they implying that she can't conceive at all?

Maybe they're just not screwing like rabbits the way all the other couples did when they first got married. Brandon doesn't strike me as the kind of guy with an off the charts sex drive.

The off the charts sex drive fundy guys are the ones who get rushed into early marriages, like Josh. So you're probably right. Our culture would like us to believe every guy is wired that way, but some are not, so it's not necessarily that he'd have to be gay, as some have suggested. Do we really know that they (Gothardites) don't accept the possibility of male infertility, by the way?

On 12/30/2016 at 6:51 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

But he has gained lots of weight since then, the gap in his teeth is bigger and his ears stick out further now

Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing. The weight gain I understand but how did his teeth and ears get that way?

13 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I just read one of Sierra's other Instagrams… which one was 19 and which was 26 when they married. From the pic, I would peg him as the 19 year old. 

Sierra was 19. She looks a decade older but she's only 27 or so.

No one knows for sure, but he sure looks to be in his early 40's. No indication of whether he's a widower or has kids. Whoever got the FB screengrab is "in" with him. I tried to search him with no luck. 

eta: This is probably what had Jessa so "engrossed" in those pics we saw of her from the party. She's looking in the direction of this little grifter grab (read the fine print on this one, it's disturbing)! Yeah, I'm 40 and grifting to pay for my wedding! Woot! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Tabby Paine, tutor extrordinaire, is engaged! Wedding will be in late March. 

NYE party at the Duggars' looks to have been an afterparty for them. Groom Tim is in the employ of Clown College as well as remodeling stuff ala The Chad. This looks like a Cherin setup, but it gets her out of Duggar hell, so I really can't complain. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tim-robertson-8a973164

15747483_10212229556638211_4542815053241605196_n.jpg

I want to use both of my arms and sweep all the crap off of that counter.

• Love 2