Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I don't have enough energy this late to try to decipher Jill's blog.

I also don't understand how a transgendered or gay or whatever wanting to be able to get married and use the bathroom or whatever has to do with forcing Jill to believe anything.

How does any other person in America prevent Jill from believing anything? what does another person sinning have to do with Jill? I'm not comprehending her logic.

• Love 11

I also don't understand how a transgendered or gay or whatever wanting to be able to get married and use the bathroom or whatever has to do with forcing Jill to believe anything.

How does any other person in America prevent Jill from believing anything? what does another person sinning have to do with Jill? I'm not comprehending her logic.

It's not logic....its Fundie Speak...they have to stay righteously angry about how other people's lives impinge on their "fraydom" to legislate against those they deem "less than"

• Love 10

You can't comprehend her so called logic because she doesn't have any.

FYI it's just transgender people/person and gay person.

• Love 4

You can't comprehend her so called logic because she doesn't have any.

FYI it's just transgender people/person and gay person.

Thanks for the terminology clarification. I want trying to be rude, if it came off that way. Just wasn't putting in much effort to try to be specific on whatever she as trying to prove, because I still don't understand the presumed automatic connection between transgender bathrooms and rape, etc. She could've been talking about trees or unicorns, it was so jumbled.

• Love 3

Thanks for the terminology clarification. I want trying to be rude, if it came off that way. Just wasn't putting in much effort to try to be specific on whatever she as trying to prove, because I still don't understand the presumed automatic connection between transgender bathrooms and rape, etc. She could've been talking about trees or unicorns, it was so jumbled.

No worries. Like the rest of the fundies out there. She's got a warped sense of the world. How anyone can live like that in a country like the US is beyond me.

• Love 4

Absolutely.

They hide behind their religious beliefs, using god's alleged expectation they do nothing less than demand laws engineered to bring all of us into lifestyles with which THEY can be comfortable.

In this way they are no better than any other nonchristian extremist religion.

Exactly! These nut jobs accuse extremist Muslims of wanting to institute Sharia law in the US and "create a 12th century theocracy"....what extremist Christians want to do is create a 15th century theocracy....yeah that worked out real well for the RCC during the Middle Ages ( The same can be said for Protestant rulers persecuting Catholics and Protestant and Catholic persecution of Jews and Muslims )...but since history isn't properly taught in most home fooling or conservative Christian schools, they're deluded enough to believe this is possible.

Our theocracy is better than yours ...so say the Fundies

• Love 6

Jill and her ilk enjoy incredible religious freedom. What fries them and brings on the outraged claim of being stifled is when they are not allowed to trample the very boundaries of church/state separation that protect them, nor abridge the freedoms of those with whom they disagree. With these nut jobs, it's always a matter of "You don't agree with my beliefs?? Ow! You're hurting me! No fair!"
  • Love 9

Jill and her ilk enjoy incredible religious freedom. What fries them and brings on the outraged claim of being stifled is when they are not allowed to trample the very boundaries of church/state separation that protect them, nor abridge the freedoms of those with whom they disagree. With these nut jobs, it's always a matter of "You don't agree with my beliefs?? Ow! You're hurting me! No fair!"

Well put. They seem to not realize they can't have church and state separation the way they think It Should Be.

• Love 2

Satan must be confusing me because I can't see who's stripping away the freedom for Jill and other Christian's [sic] to believe any nonsense they want, including that punctuation exists to decorate the page. 

I think Jill is confused about Satan... considering if you were a person who believed in such a construct, you would know full well that from Satan's own point of view, he'd be delighted by the development, not be thinking of anything as "A Mess".

• Love 2

Yeah, I always wondered about that aaaaaaaaaaaaand Starbuck's at that....one of the first companies to proudly proclaim benefits for same-sex couples. I'd expect Starbucks to be an abomination unto them

Aaaaaaaaaaand...it appears that drag queens love Chick-FIl-A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw

That video was priceless!

I cannot read Jill R's "traumatic" experience about a transgender woman in the bathroom without being totally grossed out that Jill admitted to leaving without washing her hands.

• Love 5

I cannot read Jill R's "traumatic" experience about a transgender woman in the bathroom without being totally grossed out that Jill admitted to leaving without washing her hands.

No kidding. Honestly I'm probably way more likely to notice someone not washing their hands.

• Love 2
On 4/26/2016 at 5:42 AM, becca3891 said:

Over 20+ years ago when I worked, we had a training room for the software we sold. We were told that there would be a transgender woman at one of the training sessions. Well Monday came and I ended up in the bathroom with said person. I said "morning" she replied. That was my "horrific" experience.

*Shrug* thinking back it was probably more horrifying for that person to be in the bathroom because she didn't know what kind of reaction she would get. 

Jill should really get over herself and get to know more people. I think she would finally open up her mind. 

• Love 5

Heading to the Human Rights Campaign gala this weekend. Been going a bunch of years. Every type of member of the LBGQT community plus us old straight folks attend. There have never been any issues. Granted we are all like minded souls but still. Going to the bathroom is just no big deal.  

• Love 10

The Cruz fan base might be one of the reasons he went down. You see a lineup with those peeps at the polls and maybe slide your pencil a little to the left? American politics is a mystery to me. 

• Love 3

Whoever wrote Carly Fiorina's speech wrote it in past perfect tense, which I found to be very odd, but made me think a bit. I tried to watch Ted, I really did, but when he tried to compare himself to MLK being in a Birmingham jail, I peace-outed, missing the big news (which made Fiorina's speech make total sense in retrospect). Speechwriters know what they're doing. 

Poor, poor fundies. Will they sit this election out or hold their noses and vote for a socially liberal, non-religious "Republican?"

• Love 4

I can't imagine what they have left.  The Republican, Democratic, and Libertarian parties (also Peace and Freedom and Greens, etc.) are out of bounds to them now, and they'd have to go write in or just concentrate on the rest of the ballot.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Oh Margeaux said:

Can JESUS be a write in?

The thing is, if Jesus was around in this day and age the Duggars would be the first to condemn him. They'd be Robo-calling for a third bathroom for Jesus. And Jill R - she'd be running for the hills if a long-haired, robe wearing, man came strolling out of a bathroom that her son was in.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 18

The thing is, is Jesus was around in this day and age the Duggars would be the first to condemn him. They'd be Robo-calling for a third bathroom for Jesus. And Jill R - she'd be running for the hills if a long-haired, robe wearing, man came strolling out of a bathroom that her son was in.

Not to mention all that nonsense about loving everyone and not be judgy. And wanting everyone to be like those viper children. Jesus was clearly in the wrong there.

• Love 4

Lawson is a smug idiot. Blah.

I watched some of the episode that Up TV kindly provided and while I did enjoy them, I'm beginning to find some of these girls really annoying. They are so LOUD.

Brandon hitting his head on the ice when skating was terrifying though, and why do they rollerskate without safety equipment?

Tori seems to be next in line for marriage, at this rate, they won't have any kids left in a few years.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Lawson is a smug idiot. Blah.

I watched some of the episode that Up TV kindly provided and while I did enjoy them, I'm beginning to find some of these girls really annoying. They are so LOUD.

Brandon hitting his head on the ice when skating was terrifying though, and why do they rollerskate without safety equipment?

Tori seems to be next in line for marriage, at this rate, they won't have any kids left in a few years.

I used to dislike Erin, but now I like her and Michaella. I dislike Alyssa, Tori and Carlin, especially Tori, who gets on my last nerve.

In hindsight, I grew up in the 90s ice and rollerskating without any safety equipment. Even now, when I bring my nephews to the roller rink, no one wears safety equipment. People really should, though, so you raise a good point! Still, what gets me even more is how the Duggars (and Willises) just walk around their bus as they rocket down the highway, with blatant disregard for seatbelt laws. I guess there must be a loophole where buses aren't required, but this is your own children! Do they have any idea how bad it would be if an accident occurred while they were all just rattling around loose in the bus?
?

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm sorry, but this whole trip business is just puzzling. When I graduated from heathen public school and a devilish Anglican university, the ceremony was attended by my parents and some combination of grandparents and godparents and then we went out for dinner. I don't know a lot of people who had non-fellow grad parties, let alone a party where you would invite a massive group of annoying, mostly acquaintances from another state. Is this another weird fundy thing that not believing in the "right" Jesus has cost me?

Also, I don't know much about the Bates' homeschooling practices, but if it's anything like the Duggar's homefooling, it seems like graduation is less about a specific academic milestone and more about the point when sister-mom decided to stop bothering. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 6

Aye, Erin used to be fairly obnoxious, I still remember her remark about sitting next to students with green hair when asked why she didn't go to a normal College. I like her now, she seems to have matured.

Alyssa I don't mind, not into ther nasal whiny voice, but don't mind her. Carlin gets on my nerves mightily, Tori is beginning to, as is um, Josie. They have a tendency to be really rude and loud, just because.

In an older episode, Carlin was far more quiet and shy, she's changed quite a bit. I suppose quiet people get lost in such huge families.

Not using a seatbelt is akin to murder, dito for pets who can also kill you if they are thrown around.

• Love 1

Anglican? Are you British?

I think that the Bateses do care more about school, and Kelly has said that she encourages them to go to College, even if it is just this weird Crown thing.

I have serious doubts about the Duggar kids, the younger ones especially, whether they can read or write. They certainly have no interest in learning. At all. Have they ever been shown with a book to read? I mean a real book?

I wonder if Anna is teaching her wee ones. She used to talk about doing with flash cards, no?

2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I'm sorry, but this whole trip business is just puzzling. When I graduated from heathen public school and a devilish Anglican university, the ceremony was attended by my parents and some combination of grandparents and godparents and then we went out for dinner. I don't know a lot of people who had non-fellow grad parties, let alone a party where you would invite a massive group of annoying, mostly acquaintances from another state. Is this another weird fundy thing that not believing in the "right" Jesus has cost me?

No, this is because you and your nominal friends weren't the subject of a "reality" docu-drama (gag).  See, if only your parents had had the forethought to whore out your childhood to TLC ...;)

• Love 3

I haven't been watching The Bates show recently, hubby downgraded satellite service, anyway.....I would love to see a show where Tori has somewhat toned down a bit, she and Carlin are the most obnoxious girls. Especially Tori, gah couldn't take more than 30 seconds of being around her loud mouth.

4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

In my experience, graduation parties are either dinner at a restaurant for family or backyard barbecues/pool parties for family and friends. I've never heard of a public, "free for all" invite until I saw the Bateses' announcement on Instagram.

My guess is the Bateseseses figured lots of fans would show up bearing cash and gifts. Otherwise, why would you want random strangers at your event?

• Love 7
(edited)

I get a kick out of the loudmouth Bates girls.  They are quite refreshing after the zombie Duggar females.

Parties seem to be the major entertainment allowed the Gothardites.  Parties with kindred spirits who know to side-hug and quote the correct Bible verses.  They are all really skilled in posters, balloons, and silly games.  Anybody know if the Rodriguii showed up?

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now that Tori is courting, she's probably only going to get worse. I can see her going totally the opposite of Michael and become a bridezilla.

Who is Tori courting?

16 hours ago, becca3891 said:

In hindsight, I grew up in the 90s ice and rollerskating without any safety equipment. Even now, when I bring my nephews to the roller rink, no one wears safety equipment. People really should, though, so you raise a good point! Still, what gets me even more is how the Duggars (and Willises) just walk around their bus as they rocket down the highway, with blatant disregard for seatbelt laws. I guess there must be a loophole where buses aren't required, but this is your own children! Do they have any idea how bad it would be if an accident occurred while they were all just rattling around loose in the bus?

?

I believe school buses still don't have seatbelts.  Nor do people-mover shuttle/transports.  Or subways.  Or public buses.  Or tram cars.  Or those really big cool tricked-out RVs that people with tons of money to burn (literally - gas mileage is horrible) ride around in.  

The big rigs aren't inherently safer apart from having better odds in the force of impact during collisions on flat ground.  But if school buses are legal without seatbelts (something I have thought sucks ever since my first school bus ride fifty very odd years ago), then so are stink buses.

• Love 2

School buses do get the warnings at the back. I rode on them as a middle school kid in the flatlands of the Bay Area (out from an Island into the town where the schools were). In my same area, there are areas that really don't support buses (twisty turny hills, etc). And then there's Marin County. I'd put seatbelts on those buses in a heartbeat. I stress on those roads in a regular car. 

I ride on buses all the time. How one is injured in a crash depends on the seating, some of which is sideways to accommodate wheelchairs when needed. I NEVER sit in those seats. I'd rather brace with two arms and full body force than one arm tilting sideways. 

• Love 1

Actually, since a horrific bus crash, Ireland's Coaches do have seatbelts. Germany does not have school buses, so that question doesn't arise for us here.

Ah right, I know that in the US, Anglican is Episcopalian, I didn't realise that Canada sticks with Anglican.

That graduation party was odd, but they did some filming so I suppose they need something fun to show. And I'm sure that people brought pressies

(edited)

OMG, Jrod is at it again. It's sad that now that the kids growing up, they resemble Chimpy more and more. The shopping trip with Amy shone a light on how awful her life is. That said, Amy's hair is far healthier than Jill's. Girlfriend needs to lay off the cheap bleach and home perms by Nurie and rather "invest" in deep moisturizing products. And cut off about five inches of that rat's nest. 

Ask me how I know. I was never that bad and haven't permed since the spiral curl 90's, but when the hair says no more,  you listen and be nice to it!

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2508#.Vyw9QWmMxN8.facebook

Edited by Sew Sumi
How did I forget the perm?????
  • Love 4

I'm awful for saying this, but I couldn't help notice the extreme opposites of the emaciated Rodrigues kids next to the obese church people kids in the pictures. It reminds me of Cartman and Starvin Marvin from South Park.

I'll see myself out now...

• Love 10
(edited)

The baby is wearing a giant head flower approx the size of her head. And a red sateen dress... The obese girl's shirt says "try and catch up", pretty sure Amy Foster could manage that.  

I wonder how often Jill gets asked how much for a BJ at truck stops.

IMG_0589.jpg

Edited by ingenting
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, ingenting said:

The baby is wearing a giant head flower approx the size of her head. And a red sateen dress... The obese girl's shirt says "try and catch up", pretty sure Amy Foster could manage that.  

I wonder how often Jill gets asked how much for a BJ at truck stops.

IMG_0589.jpg

Jill has crazy eyes. She looks like she smells like White Rain hair spray , Love's Baby Soft and stale Cheetos. 

• Love 9