Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

All Duggar girls were born in the nineties at the earliest, so cabbage patch kids were before their time.

In an episode Jackson and Jenny had a mild fight over Pixar® Cars™ toys (© Disney Enterprises). The episode credits had a thank you to Hasbro. If it's free they'll take it.

• Love 5

All Duggar girls were born in the nineties at the earliest, so cabbage patch kids were before their time.

In an episode Jackson and Jenny had a mild fight over Pixar® Cars™ toys (© Disney Enterprises). The episode credits had a thank you to Hasbro. If it's free they'll take it.

Yes indeed - no matter who made it or what it represents. 

• Love 2

Is that really a Duggar boy? The boys always had on polo shirts buttoned up to the throat, tightly tucked into kackies. I never saw one in a tank-top, and certainly never a cartoon character shirt!

I am having trouble believing any of these people are Duggars.  The woman is wearing the ugliest jumper I have ever seen.  She somewhat resembles Michelle, but I don't think she is.

• Love 1

I am having trouble believing any of these people are Duggars.  The woman is wearing the ugliest jumper I have ever seen.  She somewhat resembles Michelle, but I don't think she is.

Actually, in the early days of the show, (14 Kids and counting), that is how they dressed! Praire jumpers and pilgrim collars! In 2005-6 no less!

• Love 3

Get a JFK mask, paint over the eyebrows, and you've got JimBob.

Michelle's hair is a little trickier. It's easier just to wear a muumuu with a puffy short sleeved shirt underneath, and stand next to bootleg JFK.

• Love 2

I wonder if I still have time to throw together a cross-dressed MEchelle costume.  Isn't it a bit in poor taste because of, uh, the nature of JoshGate 1.0? 

Regardless I believe a MANChelle costume is hilarious, due to how much they hate the LGBT community.

• Love 4

Witches and casting spells are real. The Duggars falsely believe that witches worship Satan and that their purpose is to cast evil spells and ride broomsticks. If you were to tell the Duggars that witches do not, in fact worship Satan, I think it would blow their minds. I would even bet that if you were to go back into Jim Bob or Michelle's family tree, you would find witches, druids etc. who worshipped Mother Nature until good ol' King James wrote the Bible and saved all of those godless heathens from eternal damnation.

We have a friend that's a Wiccan priestess. She blessed our house. (Imagine the looks on the faces of the Christians present. No, she did not turn anyone into a frog. She did hang a witch ball over our front door to ward off evil, however.) It is unfortunate that the Duggars are looking everywhere else but inside their own house for evil.

Fun fact: The church has really backed off on the "Satanic" crap since Mike Warnke admitted he made up his tales of being a Satanist once upon a time ...

• Love 5

Actually, in the early days of the show, (14 Kids and counting), that is how they dressed! Praire jumpers and pilgrim collars! In 2005-6 no less!

I remember the prairie jumpers. I thought the woman resembled Michelle , but I don't remember ever seeing her with dark roots and light hair on bottom. Also at least from the angle of the picture, this woman appears to have a plainer "countenance."  To me, it just looked like someone who looks a lot like Michelle.  And, as I said, that is the ugliest of the ugly jumpers. And the boy doesn't look like Josh; the girls I couldn't see enough to determine if they were or were not Duggars.  A lot of these fundies look the same to me; I guess because I am so busy being horrified at the ugly clothing, I can't focus on the countenance to identify them.

• Love 1

We have a friend that's a Wiccan priestess. She blessed our house. (Imagine the looks on the faces of the Christians present. No, she did not turn anyone into a frog. She did hang a witch ball over our front door to ward off evil, however.) 

OOOOOH....I want a witch ball.

• Love 2

Here's a screenshot of Michelle the first time she was on TV:

0.jpg

• Love 1

Here's a screenshot of Michelle the first time she was on TV:

0.jpg

JimBob probably picked out her wardrobe because he didn't want anyone coming near her.   Then when TLC picked up the show he let her dress better for the money.

• Love 2

Unicorns are in the Old Testament, not the New; so I don't think they're related to Jesus.  Job, Psalms and Isaiah all have references to them.They're mentioned in the context of other common animals and, apparently, there are some cave drawings that depict single horned animals in places where rhinos aren't found; so it could be they were a now extinct species.  The modern unicorn of fantasy is not the same animal; the unicorns of the Old Testament were probably more similar to oxen and used for plowing and hauling, etc. At least, that's how they're described in Job. It is also quite possible that the translation is wrong, and the Old Testament animal is two horned and actually an ox or bull.  In some translations, the word unicorn has actually been replaced by ox.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10

Unicorns are in the Old Testament, not the New; so I don't think they're related to Jesus.  Job, Psalms and Isaiah all have references to them.They're mentioned in the context of other common animals and, apparently, there are some cave drawings that depict single horned animals in places where rhinos aren't found; so it could be they were a now extinct species.  The modern unicorn of fantasy is not the same animal; the unicorns of the Old Testament were probably more similar to oxen and used for plowing and hauling, etc. At least, that's how they're described in Job. It is also quite possible that the translation is wrong, and the Old Testament animal is two horned and actually an ox or bull.  In some translations, the word unicorn has actually been replaced by ox.

And cave paintings don't always exhibit talent for perspective. The painter might not have known how to depict the animals' bits and pieces properly. Kind of a, Where do I put the other thingy that's on its head?

Unicorns in the bible. Hm.

The things I learn here.

Thanks for the info.

• Love 7

And cave paintings don't always exhibit talent for perspective. The painter might not have known how to depict the animals' bits and pieces properly. Kind of a, Where do I put the other thingy that's on its head?

Unicorns in the bible. Hm.

The things I learn here.

Thanks for the info.

Actually, the word "unicorn" is not in the Bible.  The Duggars use the King James translation, which is not a translation of the Hebrew text, but a translation of the Greek translation of the Hebrew text.  The "unicorn" word is just one of many mistakes in a translation which does not use the original source.

The word mistranslated as "unicorn" is: רְאֵם

In Hebrew, this is the word for Oryx.  The Oryx is an animal that actually can look like it has a single horn, depending on how it is photographed.

oryx_gazella.jpg

oryx.jpg

But, even the bad King James translation mentions that the animal has "horns", not a single horn. (see Numbers 23:22, Deuteronomy 33:17, Psalm 22:21)

Somewhere along the line, some fundamentalist Christians felt they needed to prove the existence of unicorns in Biblical times to substantiate the accuracy of their King James version of the Bible.  That's where the discussions started.  It's all based on ignorance.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 19

I sent an email to the homeschooling conference when it was posted here and I got a reply yesterday that they are cancelled so it's legit.

On behalf of all of those who see JB and Michelle as damaging to any cause they come in contact with thank you for your service and dedication.

• Love 6

I'm not sure where to post this and I'm sure it's been noted. Josie.....there is a sewwious pwobwem with that wittwl bwessing. She needs physical and verbal therapy. And based on her allowed behavior her sister moms need to be slapped. Sorry to be so snarky but that little girl needs help.

• Love 10

I'm not sure where to post this and I'm sure it's been noted. Josie.....there is a sewwious pwobwem with that wittwl bwessing. She needs physical and verbal therapy. And based on her allowed behavior her sister moms need to be slapped. Sorry to be so snarky but that little girl needs help.

She's been raised by sister moms, some of which were as young as 12 when she was born. The young ladies in question never had a minute's instruction in early childhood education or had any idea how to deal with a micropreemie's unique challenges (this is correct, right?) when J-Chelle dropped Josie off in the girls' dorm room. Teenage girls should not have been entrusted with that child. And there's something wrong with a parent who would think it appropriate.

The sister moms aren't at fault here. Her parents are. THEY are the ones that should have obtained all available assistance for their daughter. They chose not to for their own selfish reasons.

• Love 19

Heh. From the aborted season:

nTg8HqF.jpg

guOtfIT.jpg

Looks like the dress code actually is for television. Johannah and Jackson are buttoning up their shirts.

Michelle's smiles are also for tv.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Half Catholic? That surprises me kinda.Maybe mostly up Edmonton way or rural communities. I've met mostly atheists where i live but its got a younger demographic here.

Lots of Catholics, lots of "nones," lots of mainline Protestants, looks like. Really, there's quite a small number, comparatively, of the Protestant groups the Duggars would appeal to. Guess that tells us who's doing most of the home schooling, though. And why.

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/english/census01/Products/Analytic/companion/rel/tables/provs/albtop.cfm

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/english/census01/Products/Analytic/companion/rel/ab.cfm

There is no denying that this province is full of rednecks, for lack of a better word. I always preface my comments regarding politics and religion by saying " I'm not from here. .."

Lol. I've been here twenty five years now. ..haha

• Love 2

She's been raised by sister moms, some of which were as young as 12 when she was born. The young ladies in question never had a minute's instruction in early childhood education or had any idea how to deal with a micropreemie's unique challenges (this is correct, right?) when J-Chelle dropped Josie off in the girls' dorm room. Teenage girls should not have been entrusted with that child. And there's something wrong with a parent who would think it appropriate.

The sister moms aren't at fault here. Her parents are. THEY are the ones that should have obtained all available assistance for their daughter. They chose not to for their own selfish reasons.

Yeah, you're absolutely correct. Especially about dropping off the new blessing and trying for another. Appalling. Thanks for pointing that out.

MEchelle needs help. Badly. I listened to the emergency call and was horrified. This goes way beyond a calm Mum who wants to get help. She sounds vague, disorientated, doesn't know Jessa's age, seems totally zoned out.

It's long been my firm belief that she suffered mental illness, way back when she had that nervous breakdown from doing too much laundry. Seeing as they won't get psychiatric help, she has had to cope the best she can, without ever being able to admit that she is ill. Sad

• Love 6

MEchelle needs help. Badly. I listened to the emergency call and was horrified. This goes way beyond a calm Mum who wants to get help. She sounds vague, disorientated, doesn't know Jessa's age, seems totally zoned out.

It's long been my firm belief that she suffered mental illness, way back when she had that nervous breakdown from doing too much laundry. Seeing as they won't get psychiatric help, she has had to cope the best she can, without ever being able to admit that she is ill. Sad

I completely agree,coupled with the fact she is a sociopath.A dangerous combination.