Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Divorce

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

I swear there was an episode a while back where Robyn was crying about her kids getting to the age where they could choose which parent they wanted to live with and she was afraid they would go with the father.

That doesn't sound like a deadbeat dad with no involvement. If he's willing to take primary custody (which Robyn's reaction made it seem like he would have no problem doing if the kids decided to live with him), then I doubt he's going to sign over his parental rights. If he didn't want to be involved in those kid's lives at all, there would have been no scare that they would leave to go live with him.

This is one of the many reasons I don't buy the idea that the dad is completely removed from his children and is happy about it. I remember that comment and if they currently have a poor relationship with their father I think it's more because of Robyn telling the kids he's a monster than him actually being one. 

If any of this is really about the kids, which I'm not remotely convinced of, I wouldn't be surprised if Robyn and Kody plan to waltz into court and say 'we are the glorious Browns and we deserve the kids'. And then will be surprised when it doesn't work. 

• Love 8

The Hawaii Honeymoon for the royal couple Kody and Robyn proves that this is all a bunch of crap.  If Kody gave a crap about his other wives he would have taken them on nice trips!  Janelle because she was next up, and Christine because she has wanted Kody's approval for over twenty years.

a Million times YES

• Love 5

I swear there was an episode a while back where Robyn was crying about her kids getting to the age where they could choose which parent they wanted to live with and she was afraid they would go with the father.

I think I posted about this in another thread. In Montana, there can be a clause in the custody agreements where the children can choose which parent they live with when they turn 13. As her kids get older, Robyn must be shitting bricks that the kids will choose their biological father over the Brown Family Kaos. Robyn wants to force the issue and make sure they never go back to Montana. She already moved the kids from northern Utah to southern Nevada, making visitation harder for Jessop.

Another thing about the "haven't seen their father in two years" remark. Wasn't Day-un's ATV accident around 18 months ago and in Montana? Could Robyn intentionally be keeping the kids away from their father due to that accident occurring on his watch? She's vindictive enough to do something like that.

• Love 10

It seems to me that if I was saying that "it's all about family" and "it's for the children" and my husband who I was already "spiritually" (ahem) married to wanted to bring me on a honeymoon since we were now legally wed.......  I would say .....   oh no darling, lets use the money pegged for our 2nd fancy "honeymoon" and put it towards our children's education debts.

• Love 9

It seems to me that if I was saying that "it's all about family" and "it's for the children" and my husband who I was already "spiritually" (ahem) married to wanted to bring me on a honeymoon since we were now legally wed.......  I would say .....   oh no darling, lets use the money pegged for our 2nd fancy "honeymoon" and put it towards our children's education debts.

Thats because you are an intelligent person and not a selfish, stupid bitch.

• Love 15

I think I posted about this in another thread. In Montana, there can be a clause in the custody agreements where the children can choose which parent they live with when they turn 13. As her kids get older, Robyn must be shitting bricks that the kids will choose their biological father over the Brown Family Kaos. Robyn wants to force the issue and make sure they never go back to Montana. She already moved the kids from northern Utah to southern Nevada, making visitation harder for Jessop.

I think this is the reason too. I think Robyn's terrified they're going to leave her and she is making sure they can't. I don't necessarily think it would be the worst thing if any of those kids wanted to leave the Brown Family Circus. Unless the father actually IS abusive (which I would hope she would have fought any sort of visitation if he was), some kids would simply be more comfortable in a less chaotic environment. I'm an introvert, and if my mother married a man with 17 kid I would have probably lived with my dad too, despite the fact that I love my mother. I just would go crazy living in a family that chaotic.

Maybe Robin should think of her kid's wants and needs in this scenario. She's reminding me of my friend's ex-girlfriend. My friend has a son who he is very involved with but when his ex got re-married and had a few other kids with the new husband, she moved a couple hours away and tried to have the new husband adopt the kid (my friend would absolutely never give up parental rights) and basically tried to push the father out of the picture so she could have her perfect little "new" family. It was disgusting. I think Robyn's doing the same thing. I don't think it has anything to do with her ex-husband being a bad guy. I think it has everything to do with her wanting him out of the picture so she can pretend she and Kody and the kids "have all been together since day one" as her little opening blurb so eloquently says. 

• Love 22

I am aware that there has to be 2 parties but if Meri filed, then she should be listed as PARTY # 1. Maybe the wording is not the same in all states, just as taxes and laws vary. There's no objections from PARTY #2 so state law could view it as a joint action.

If you choose to ignore the words joint filing on the actual legal divorce filing, there is nothing I can do to help you understand. The paperwork itself says they filed jointly, thus it doesn't matter at all who is listed first or second.  

• Love 16

Is this the firm? Seems like the lawyers are probably all Mormon (and all related?) due to the BYU attendance as undergrads. http://reynoldslawye...om/?page_id=195

They don't seem to do family law

The attorney that was on TV lists a specialty as bankruptcy, so they probably have him on retainer.

When I got divorced, neither parent was allowed to move the children a certain distance without the other parent's permission, and that seemed to be fairly common practice.  I could have moved to another state, but I couldn't take my kids with me unless he agreed.  It seems like, since Robyn moved the kids farther away, getting the kids to him for visitation should be her responsibility.

• Love 9
Another thing about the "haven't seen their father in two years" remark. Wasn't Day-un's ATV accident around 18 months ago and in Montana?

I have seen this mentioned a few times; do we know this for a fact or is it just speculation?

• Love 1

So, I hadn't been reading this forum nor following any Sister Wives news so this episode was a complete shock to me. The first five minutes i thought were real! I was tearing up, thinking how selfless Meri was for sacrificing like this. I thought I'd misjudged her previously because this felt so selfless. HA.

All your responses have been so intelligent. I cannot believe this family! 

I'm pulling for Christine and Janelle. I know a lot of you had bad things to say about them, but to me, they are victims. Especially Christine who grew up in this lifestyle and sadly thinks is the only way. Girl, LEAVE HIS ASS, there are plenty of guys out there! She seems like such a good person at heart who just wants to do good and be appreciated. It's too bad she was born into a cult.

Janelle is smart. Smarter than this. What the hell is she thinking?

I hope some of you are right in that next season will be the dissolution of this messed up family. I unfortunately don't see it happening. Not yet, at least. It would be so delicious if even one of them left, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. They're too obsessed with Kody. It's so sad. He must be a very very charming person in real life.

I think people should be more open-minded about alternative lifestyles. If people want to live in plural marriage, I would never want to stop them if there was consent all around. This show did the opposite of what it (supposedly) intended to do. It just makes polygamy, even the kind without child abuse, look dirty, messy, sad, and wrong.

• Love 6

Another thing about the "haven't seen their father in two years" remark. Wasn't Day-un's ATV accident around 18 months ago and in Montana? Could Robyn intentionally be keeping the kids away from their father due to that accident occurring on his watch? She's vindictive enough to do something like that.

When did they buy the houses? When they were closing on the houses and Meri was acting all hysterical over Mariah's immature hysterics because they hadn't move in yet, Robyn and Kody drove the kids to Montana. I assumed that was to visit their dad and his family. I know this show is screwed up time-wise, but how long ago was that?

Not to mention, two of Robyn's 3 kids with Jessop are almost grown. Aurora seems very attached to Kody, and Dayton seems content where he is. So she would only have to worry about the youngest child. Its really stupid.

• Love 4

I do not have much to say about the divorce. I guess we will just wait and see how things turn out in the future for all of them. But I do want to say how absolutely beautiful Janelle and Christine looked in the tell all. Sorry Robyn, you are not the cutest wife.

• Love 8

It seems to me that if I was saying that "it's all about family" and "it's for the children" and my husband who I was already "spiritually" (ahem) married to wanted to bring me on a honeymoon since we were now legally wed.......  I would say .....   oh no darling, lets use the money pegged for our 2nd fancy "honeymoon" and put it towards our children's education debts.

Or put that money towards the legal bills they're going to run up pursuing the adoptions.  Even uncomplicated legal work isn't cheap.  

• Love 3
(edited)

This is one of the many reasons I don't buy the idea that the dad is completely removed from his children and is happy about it. I remember that comment and if they currently have a poor relationship with their father I think it's more because of Robyn telling the kids he's a monster than him actually being one.

If any of this is really about the kids, which I'm not remotely convinced of, I wouldn't be surprised if Robyn and Kody plan to waltz into court and say 'we are the glorious Browns and we deserve the kids'. And then will be surprised when it doesn't work.

But then they will piss and moan that they're being persecuted for their polygamy, not that they're a colossally irresponsible and boneheaded group of chucklefucks. Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 10

I have seen this mentioned a few times; do we know this for a fact or is it just speculation?

MaryMitch, Robyn has hee-hawed around about it, saying Day-un was out of town but eventually let it slip he was in Montana when he had the accident. I can't remember which episode or if it was even on the show or in a tweet, to be honest. I would assume he was with extended family or his father at the time. If not with his father, Robyn would of course still blame him, like she has blamed him for everything in her life- loss of her purity, her horrible first marriage, all the bills in her first marriage, etc.

• Love 1

Worst episode and tell all.  Most interesting thing was found on this board about a Hawaiian honeymoon.  Why did they need an expensive honeymoon.  In their world they have been married for 5 years.  If anyone deserves a trip it's Meri for making that huge sacrifice.  Geez, Kody and Robin are asses.  If I were Meri, Janelle or Christine I would be furious.  Maybe they used Dayton's college money to celebrate their legal love.  Did anyone catch Robin saying she was nervous about being legally married again at the lawyer's office HA, she is an idiot.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, I hadn't been reading this forum nor following any Sister Wives news so this episode was a complete shock to me. The first five minutes i thought were real! I was tearing up, thinking how selfless Meri was for sacrificing like this. I thought I'd misjudged her previously because this felt so selfless. HA.

All your responses have been so intelligent. I cannot believe this family! 

I'm pulling for Christine and Janelle. I know a lot of you had bad things to say about them, but to me, they are victims. Especially Christine who grew up in this lifestyle and sadly thinks is the only way. Girl, LEAVE HIS ASS, there are plenty of guys out there! She seems like such a good person at heart who just wants to do good and be appreciated. It's too bad she was born into a cult.

Janelle is smart. Smarter than this. What the hell is she thinking?  

I hope some of you are right in that next season will be the dissolution of this messed up family. I unfortunately don't see it happening. Not yet, at least. It would be so delicious if even one of them left, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. They're too obsessed with Kody. It's so sad. He must be a very very charming person in real life.

I think people should be more open-minded about alternative lifestyles. If people want to live in plural marriage, I would never want to stop them if there was consent all around. This show did the opposite of what it (supposedly) intended to do. It just makes polygamy, even the kind without child abuse, look dirty, messy, sad, and wrong.

this is an excellent question.  what the HELL is Janelle thinking.  she is the mystery here.  

I don't really have a problem if people want to live a polyamorous lifestyle.  I think given the right people it can even be done satisfactorily.  I don't want to see multiple partners being legally recognized but don't care what people do in private.  IMHO, though, it seems that each person would need to feel connected to each other person, not have multiple marriages centered on one person.  More or less a "group marriage."  And in that group marriage then each would be equal to the other...not a cock of the walk ruling the roost.  

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 3

Then...Robyn waxing poetic on the other wives "trusting" her....talking about when the husband "passes" the legal wife is responsible for the estate. Ugh!! Like she has t totally thought this through.

If Kody, has half a brain, he would have a trust that spells out exactly what would happen financially when he dies.  To leave this up to Robyn (or even Meri before her) is almost criminal.  He's got 17 kids...he has a responsibility to take care of them now and in the future...not to a wife who has always had problems handling her money. 

And Kody, how would you like it if one of your wives left you and got married.  Would you give up YOUR parental rights?  What makes you think David Jessop will? There are two sides to every story and divorce...who knows what kind of a guy he is.  Nothing Kody does matters at all, unless David decides to do this and why would he?  The only way would most likely be wiping away any previous and future child support payments.

• Love 6

I am aware that there has to be 2 parties but if Meri filed, then she should be listed as PARTY # 1. Maybe the wording is not the same in all states, just as taxes and laws vary. There's no objections from PARTY #2 so state law could view it as a joint action.

Mr. Snarklepuss is a divorce lawyer and from what I know when the filing is joint it still shows one person's name before the other's as in "party #1 and #2" but it really doesn't mean anything legally speaking.  What matters is it's a joint filing.  Neither has any status above the other no matter the order of their names.  I can't tell you how many times he's had to convince couples of this.  They end up arguing about whose name should be first when it really doesn't make any difference in a joint divorce.

• Love 14
(edited)

Mr. Snarklepuss is a divorce lawyer and from what I know when the filing is joint it still shows one person's name before the other's as in "party #1 and #2" but it really doesn't mean anything legally speaking.  What matters is it's a joint filing.  Neither has any status above the other no matter the order of their names.  I can't tell you how many times he's had to convince couples of this.  They end up arguing about whose name should be first when it really doesn't make any difference in a joint divorce.

the names were probably listed alphabetically.  K before M.

I know this from personal experience.  I paid the filing fees and got the process started on our joint filing, but because my then-husband's name begins with a J and mine is later in the alphabet, he was listed first.  Didn't even phase me.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4

Totally changing topics here, but at the beginning of this stupid Divorce episode when Sobbyn and Kody showed up at Meri's with Solomon, Solomon had a great big lolly pop.  Didn't that kid just get put under anesthesia a few epidoses back for oral surgery (meaning he needed a crap ton of cavities filled).  After going through that, why on earth is he going around sucking on a big hunk of sugar like that??

• Love 8

I've noticed a lot of ppl posting that the divorce was kept hidden from TLC. I disagree...I watched the marathon of SW yesterday to make sure of the time line and made note of the fact that when Meri went to the lawyer's office (alone AND with Kody & Robyn) the calendar on the wall showed the month of September and there were summer flowers in a vase on the counter. This was strictly TLC messing w/the timeline to create drama for the end of the season!

The whole divorce is fishy tho, and like everyone seems to be saying, if there was any adoption possible, Kody marrying Robyn would have been the last hurdle in the process.

I've noticed a lot of ppl posting that the divorce was kept hidden from TLC. I disagree...I watched the marathon of SW yesterday to make sure of the time line and made note of the fact that when Meri went to the lawyer's office (alone AND with Kody & Robyn) the calendar on the wall showed the month of September and there were summer flowers in a vase on the counter. This was strictly TLC messing w/the timeline to create drama for the end of the season!

The whole divorce is fishy tho, and like everyone seems to be saying, if there was any adoption possible, Kody marrying Robyn would have been the last hurdle in the process.

OR the calendar could have been placed there to make it LOOK like it was September when the scene was filmed.  You can get "summer flowers" any time of the year, at least here in the Western region as they are grown year-round in Mexico.  Sunflowers are my favorite flower and typically they aren't available in the winter, but I've always gotten them regardless.  They're shipped from Mexico during the off season.

• Love 7

I wanted Tameron to ask Robyn and Kody, "So, if David Jessop does NOT give up his parental rights and Kody can NOT legally adopt the three kids, do the two of you remain married? Or will Kody divorce Robyn and remarry Meri, with things going back to the way they were?"

Maybe then we would have seen Janelle really smile.....

• Love 12

You didn't see Kody Brown as being listed as PARTY #1 with Meri's name as PARTY  # 2? Did you scroll down & view everything? When I filed for divorce from my ex, i was listed as #1.

I did see that, but the filing is joint, like Absolom explained. Its basically a no fault, no one is going after the other or any property.  So, someone has to be 1 and then 2.

Its the standard Las Vegas simple divorce.

• Love 4

OR the calendar could have been placed there to make it LOOK like it was September when the scene was filmed.  You can get "summer flowers" any time of the year, at least here in the Western region as they are grown year-round in Mexico.  Sunflowers are my favorite flower and typically they aren't available in the winter, but I've always gotten them regardless.  They're shipped from Mexico during the off season.

This is one of the benefits of taping in Las Vegas vs. taping in Utah - no pesky weather differences to point out breaks and inconsistencies in the timeline.

They can pretty much tell us whatever they want us to think, however, the truth will out through public records, as they have here.

• Love 2

Question to the legal eagles out there.  Isn't it customary that the adopting parent(s) will have their finances gone over by the courts?   Home visits?   Kody is financially responsible to 14 other children, in the real world can he be financially responsible for 3 more?  

(edited)

This was strictly TLC messing w/the timeline to create drama for the end of the season!

I think you may be right. I was initially thinking the "divorce" was filmed recently, but I think that as you said it was TLC showing episodes out of order to increase drama towards the end of the season. Notice how Janelle mentions she wishes they would have waited until the new year to file for divorce for tax purposes. I also think, though, that there was still something fishy going on in regards to when TLC found out about everything entirely; I'm basing this on how nothing was discussed about Robyn's ex as it was supposed to be on one of the RV episodes and also the February fiming of Meri's behind the scenes ep. 

Two things that really bugged me about yesterday's episodes:

-Robyn explaining away Janelle's silent reaction : "I've learned with Janelle, it might just mean she's having a bad day." So, what did Robyn expect, for Janelle to jump with joy?  Janelle's reaction was perfectly calm, decent, and most of all honest! This is the same way Robyn was with entering the family: if everyone is not adjusting to her needs and feelings, it is they who are flawed.

-Kody stressing in the tell-all that they are such a normal family like everyone else. Okay, but you also want to show the world how difficult it is to go RV-ing with a poly family and how you split up your nights with the wives on vacation and how you need to divorce one wife and marry another. And Robyn needs to stress the blessings of having a sister wife that no outsider woman could ever possibly understand. And Meri and Janelle need to work on their sister wife relationship. And Christine is lost without having SW closeness. So either you are just like most other families, or you lead a very different way of life. Can't be both, Kody!

ETA: I just wanted to mention for those who are interesting that there are two bonus clips on the TLC website of the kids being interviewed. 

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 4

One other thing...They all talked about "Robyn passing" and losing the kids.   Is she terminally ill or something?   That would make for more sense, somewhat.   Then she had to talk about when Kody dies she'll make sure Christine and Janelle are cared for.   Geez!

This is one of the benefits of taping in Las Vegas vs. taping in Utah - no pesky weather differences to point out breaks and inconsistencies in the timeline.

One way to tell seasons is to look for the decorations in the homes. Those ladies love their decorations. Someone on CJ's blog saw a box of Christmas decorations behind Mariah while she was talking to Meri in one scene, so that would peg the filming as either just before Christmas or just after. 

• Love 2

I'm not convinced that this episode was filmed after the fact.  Meri was just too nervous and emotional.   And when she made her announcement, Robyn's face immediately began contorting into ugly cry face.  Who would willingly show that?  Then when Meri called Janelle and Christine in, I really believe they didn't know what to expect.  Christine was tearing up and breathing fast - she knew it was going to be something big.  And Janelle's deflecting with her crack about taxes did not seem pre-meditated.  She was pissed and she didn't know how to react.

Lastly, on the day they went in to sign the divorce papers, Kody was giddy and almost beside himself with excitement.  He was completely insensitive to how upsetting it all was to Meri.  I just don't see it as reenacted. 

• Love 5

Question to the legal eagles out there.  Isn't it customary that the adopting parent(s) will have their finances gone over by the courts?   Home visits?   Kody is financially responsible to 14 other children, in the real world can he be financially responsible for 3 more?  

Typically but I don't think there is much of that in this type of adoption. As so many have said, they can only do the adoption if Jessop relinquishes his rights. So if that happens Robyn is the only legal parent. She can grant adoption to anyone she wants. She already has rights to the kids. She is the biological mom. So she can just petition the court to allow Kody to adopt them as well. There would be a much more intensive search if they were trying to adopt a child together that wasn't legally either of theirs.

Joint filing does not necessarily mean both parties agreed. It goes by who filed first

I wanna know what happens when all the kids are gown! Will Meri become the legal wife again? Sadly probably not..

I'm going to preface my opinion with IF Jessop is abusive then none of this matters... But if something were to happen to Robyn (like her getting too close to Meri's wet bar, and Meri strangling her with her Ill-fitting jeans)... Why shouldn't the kids biological dad get them? I mean, I get that it would be hard, or sad to not have them around as much... but if biological dad wants them, then he should be next in line... Not kodylocks. This actually happened when one of my friends passed away many years ago, she was killed in a drink driving accident, and even though the kids lived with her and her second husband, when she died they went back with the biological dad, it was incredibly hard for her 2nd husband to lose everyone at once, but they are actually the biological dads children, so 2nd husband understood, and thankfully biological dad was sympathetic and allowed 2nd husband to have visitatation. I just think it's incredibly selfish for kodylocks and company to think they are automatically entitled to Robyn's kids.

Ps, they kept harping on the fact that this would make their last name 'brown'...but they have been identifying them as "Browns" (on the show at least) for years now, so they clearly don't care about formalities. This just made me think of something, if someone happens to know, on the show whenever the names pop up with Robyn's kids it always says "so and so brown" , but do they do that for all the kids? Like for Mariah does is say "Mariah brown" or just "mariah"... I don't remember off the top of my head, but I feel like they may just use first names with the other kids.

• Love 6

They all talked about "Robyn passing" and losing the kids.   Is she terminally ill or something?

I think they are just going through the "what if"s.  Robyn's kids are part of their lives now, and if something happened to Robyn they would go to their father, never to be seen again perhaps.   The way they talked about the kids, though, it sounded to me like they were talking about property, not human beings.

• Love 1

I thought the scene must have been filmed several months later because Christine was so calm and positive.  When Christine discovered what they were doing she must have hit the roof!  No way did she run over and hug Meri!  I can see why Meri is still crying and emotional over this divorce--she still can't believe how things have turned out with "lover."

I also wondered about the black sweater Meri was wearing to the attorney's office.  It looked like it would be too warm for September in LV but I can see it in February.

• Love 6
(edited)

My husband wasn't able to adopt my son from my first marriage because my ex wouldn't agree to it. I could have taken him to court for no child support, but I didn't want to drag it out. I still am perplexed that Kody can adopt the kids just by legally marrying Robyn.

He can't. They thrive in drama and turmoil, and seek it out as much as possible, then cry PERSECUTION when they're caught breaking or bending the law.

Riddle me this. .if Preston the deadbeat never sees his kids and doesn't care. .why in hell are they worried he would suddenly ride in like a knight in shining armour if Bobbyn was to choke on a chicken wing and expire?

Excellent observation. Also, does 'deadbeat' bc he hasn't seen them in months mean he refuses to see them, or just doesn't want to be filmed, so he doesn't travel to them, or that they're too busy honeymooning and filming that they won't take their kids to see their dad. Next question: if they were dirt poor in debt before, and the exH is the one who filed for divorce, and Robyn is raking in all this TLC related $$, is she the breadwinner with sole custody, who would have to pay her jobless husband alimony or child support if he had more custody? It's been said he lives off the grid doing odd jobs, but not sure if that is accurate. But, no income = no child support. Not saying he goes this route, but a lot of men do refuse to work bc their wages would just be garnished for child support.

One other thing...They all talked about "Robyn passing" and losing the kids.   Is she terminally ill or something?   That would make for more sense, somewhat.   Then she had to talk about when Kody dies she'll make sure Christine and Janelle are cared for.   Geez!

She's afraid one of her sister wives, or maybe Meriah, or maybe Annie, doesn't have a shovel and a hole in the Vegas dessert with Robyn's name on it.

Also, what happened to all the other kids not accepting Robyns and making them feel alienated, not that that isn't a legit, honest reaction to a couple of clingy mini drama queens and a standoffish boy (yeah, I know he has Aspergers and needed time to adjust, seems fine now), who are suddenly calling YOUR dad Daddy, claiming his lap, and getting all his attention, plus your mothers are agitated wrecks. Yeah, I would not have been ok with that when I was a kid.

Overall summary of this episode = everything was so contrived and shot out of sequence, it was faker than the fakest fake. I don't believe no one spoke about anything until the cameras rolled. I don't believe it's All For The CHIDDREN. THINK OF THE CHIDDREN. I do think Robyn and her Jaw are stealth and all Kody is thinking about is sex and more babies.

I also think Meri underestimated Robyn, but is quite stealth herself, and has masterminded this whole thing to free herself of the family she detests and resents all while being the sacrificial lamb, ensuring Janelle is skipped over and pretty much forcing Robyn to be the center of the show and the baby machine she says she wants to be. If it weren't for the "battles" and the "war" they've concocted for drama and TLC, she'd pass Sol off to Meri, give the other three back to their dad, and keep taking Hawaii trips with Kody until the money runs out. She does not want another baby, or she would've been pregnant by now. She's 37. She only has five years or so to make it happen, then it's really going to be difficult have more.

Once again, coming up with some hairbrained 'beat the system' and 'get rich quick' scheme, then finding out there are laws or just no demand for whatever you're trying to do, does no mean you're persecuted and people are trying to snatch your kids or don't understand your butt ugly overpriced jewelry. It means you have bad ideas that you didn't think through. Idiots. Narcissistic idiots.

Almost highlight of the episode was when Janelle almost called Kody out for favoring Robyn. He does. They can all deny it, but he does. 

I think i'm done with this mess. They're not entertaining anymore, just dishonest and mean to each other. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 7

I do not have much to say about the divorce. I guess we will just wait and see how things turn out in the future for all of them. But I do want to say how absolutely beautiful Janelle and Christine looked in the tell all. Sorry Robyn, you are not the cutest wife.

IKR?? Janelle and Christine looked so pretty compared to Meri and Bobbyn the goblin. Meri has taken over as heaviest wife. She has to be a stress eater.
  • Love 1

Sorry 4 extra posts, it's my first time...I also took note of seasonal conditions outside, filming was definitely done in September.
  • Love 1

I thought the scene must have been filmed several months later because Christine was so calm and positive.  When Christine discovered what they were doing she must have hit the roof!

I'm trying to decide what I believe. I can buy that Christine was actually OK with it because she was all "I WANT THOSE KIDS" if something happened to Robyn. I got the feeling that it had come up between them all before (except maybe with Janelle) and that Meri was doing her classic should I/shouldn't I waffle (see: fertility treatments, college, back to work, etc, ad nauseum). Christine said, "Oh Mer, really?" and tears came right to her eyes like it was something she actually hoped for.

For Meri to tell Janelle that it was happening TOMORROW was a bit shitty and I think she was actually surprised by it.

Meri said on twitter that while it was tears in the lawyer's office, there were "sweet moments" later at home. I'm guessing she and Kody got it on for the first time in a while.

• Love 5

Is it possible that Robyn iss planning on filing for complete and sole custody of the children and thinks that the courts would be more likely to grant her that if she can show that they'll be in a 2 parent stable home environment (even though there is nothing stable about that family). So maybe it's not actuallly Kody trying to adopt the kids (because being married to Robyn is the least of the obstacles in that case).

Janelle's reaction to hearing the news seemed genuine to me (and even if this really was re-enacted - I have feeling that was how she actually reacted). Because she seemed quite annoyed with the entire thought. She also seems to think that Robyn can be manipulative. The conversation she had with Kody was a bit weird. He asked if Meri and Robyn and spoken with her. You mean to tell me that in 24 hours, none of them bothered to say "Hey Kody, we told Janelle and Christine". His interaction with Savannah also seemed forced since he had to ask her for a hug (and why did they send her over with Annie? Where were the other moms? And wouldn't it have been just as easy to send her to her room for 20 minutes. When Kody was leaving he gave Janelle a friendly kiss on the cheek even though it looked like she was puckered up.

• Love 6

The thing that puts a wrench is a lot of these ideas is that Meri said she had been thinking about it 5 years ago, about the time Robin was in the picture. WHY?? WHY FIVE years ago???

If that's true then it's not about insurance or about custody.  But then again it may not be a true statement.

Yeah, were they even married five years ago?

Janelle's reaction to hearing the news seemed genuine to me (and even if this really was re-enacted - I have feeling that was how she actually reacted). Because she seemed quite annoyed with the entire thought. She also seems to think that Robyn can be manipulative. The conversation she had with Kody was a bit weird. He asked if Meri and Robyn and spoken with her. You mean to tell me that in 24 hours, none of them bothered to say "Hey Kody, we told Janelle and Christine". His interaction with Savannah also seemed forced since he had to ask her for a hug (and why did they send her over with Annie? Where were the other moms? And wouldn't it have been just as easy to send her to her room for 20 minutes. When Kody was leaving he gave Janelle a friendly kiss on the cheek even though it looked like she was puckered up.

I think they know by now and are accepting that Kody has the hots for Robyn, puts himself first, then her, then her kids, then Meri, then the rest of them. Janelle especially knows what's going on. She continues to live in that mess, but she seems more capable of digesting it all than the rest of them. This said, knowing Kody hearts Robyn 4evah, I'd be so upset that all of these major life decisions were discussed and decided behind my back. That's where the betrayal lies. That's where it becomes Team Robyn/Meri vs Team Christine/Janelle. Kody, Robyn and Meri didn't give a rat's ass in regards to how anyone felt about it but them. There's power in pulling strings without a fair, equal distribution of information, and that's the vilest part of it. 

• Love 17