Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: No More Blood

thewhiteowl

I checked out of this show after a season and a half. I caught the last five minutes waiting for HTGAWM to start and wow, this show sucks. Olivia and Fitz are having the same damn conversation they were having in the first season of the show. Tony Goldwyn also looks like he's aged a decade since this show started. And I seriously burst out laughing when Olivia said Fitz sent the country to war for her. I don't even want to know the details to know it was a load of bullshit.

• Love 8
Surely I couldn't have been the only one hoping they neutralized the asset, right?

Not at all. I wanted the asset neutralized with extreme prejudice.

And again, I know this is Scandal, and realism was not a priority even before this show went off the rails, but I also couldn't have been the only one wondering why the CIA wasn't asking the obvious question during that initial briefing. The question being why does the campaign manager have access to so much classified information? 

I mean, that is what she does officially for President Fitzgerald Grant, isn't it? She ran his campaigns. I don't believe she ever had an official role in the administration, and even if she did, that would hardly mean she would have so much access. There is no reason for her to be considered an "asset". The only reason is to pump up her special little snowflake status. 

Good to see Henry Ian Cusick again, though I guess it was too much to hope he would be back for good. 

• Love 7

I so knew it would be Steven! Henry Ian Cusick is always welcome on any show, ever. Glad to see him wonder over from The 100, even if it was just for a little bit.

At least Abbey admitted that killing Liv as a last resort was the right call.

This show...

So refresh my memory--the guy from the 100 was in the first episode...?

His character, Steven, was an attorney who was a member of Livs team in the first season. He left between seasons one and two. 

• Love 4

People's hunch it would be Steven was about the only reason I tuned in. Run from the steaming pile of poo, Steven!

So I was kinda happy that Liv was channeling me yelling at Fitz about what a fucking loser he is. Because, true. And then a little bit of me is hoping she's had enough of him. Jake creeped me out (again, some more). Her poppa's gone fishing. Her mama's watching TV in the hole. So maybe Show becomes about Olivia the Fixer again. And she drinks her reds alone for awhile.

• Love 6
And I seriously burst out laughing when Olivia said Fitz sent the country to war for her. I don't even want to know the details to know it was a load of bullshit.

I don't know how you are defining bullshit, but Fitz did in fact send the country to war for Olivia, she was right about that.  Now if you just meant it's bullshit writing, I would agree.

I so knew it would be Steven! Henry Ian Cusick is always welcome on any show

I was very surprised by this, but as soon as I saw him I thought that was why they mentioned his name last week.  I don't get how he managed to convince the Russians to just handover what they just paid $2 billion for though.

• Love 2

I mean, that is what she does officially for President Fitzgerald Grant, isn't it? She ran his campaigns. I don't believe she ever had an official role in the administration, and even if she did, that would hardly mean she would have so much access. There is no reason for her to be considered an "asset". The only reason is to pump up her special little snowflake status.

I think she was the press secretary for the first 3 weeks or something.  And then she filled in while Fitz was in the hospital with a bullet in his head.  But you are correct that she shouldn't have that much access, since we saw how much trouble Abby was having getting any information above a certain security level.

• Love 1

These people have cleaned up how many messy murder scenes, but couldn't take care of the wine on Liv's couch? "I tried, but red wine is hard to get out." Come on! Sheesh, switch the two end cushions and turn the wine stained cushion over at least, no skill needed for that.

If the Cyrus telling off Fitz scene had not been a dream ("You moron! You child!"), this show might have regained some of my respect, but of course it wasn't real.

At least in the finale it looks like Liv is working a case of some kind again. Hope we don't see Fitz, Huck, or Jake.

• Love 12

"I tried, but red wine is hard to get out." Come on! Sheesh, switch the two end cushions and turn the wine stained cushion over at least, no skill needed for that.

I learned that from Corrina, Corrina.

• Love 6

I checked out of this show after a season and a half. I caught the last five minutes waiting for HTGAWM to start and wow, this show sucks. Olivia and Fitz are having the same damn conversation they were having in the first season of the show. Tony Goldwyn also looks like he's aged a decade since this show started. And I seriously burst out laughing when Olivia said Fitz sent the country to war for her. I don't even want to know the details to know it was a load of bullshit.

Oh, it was a big spinning-your-wheels kind of bullshit. I'm just relieved that Rowan hasn't been revealed as the ultimate puppet master yet again, though there's still time for that.

• Love 3

I do miss the good old days, when this show was about Olivia and her quirky friends covering up rich peoples dumb mistakes, with some soapy politics thrown in there. Olivia might have still been the presidents mistress, but I loved watching her take care of shit, while looking fabulous. Now its just kind of 24-lite, with better shoes, and more time for everyone to charge their cell phones. 

• Love 10

Seeing Steven was the best part. Loved seeing him return, reminded me of when I loved the show. When I saw him I said "Chancellor Kane!" LOL (His character from 100). It had been so long and so much B613/Jake/Parental crap I forgot his name.

Liv and Fitz having the same fight again, round and round. Zzzz.

Rowan's speech I fast forwarded right through, he just keeps going and won't shut up. 

• Love 5

The highlight of the episode was Cyrus ragequitting the Fitz administration.  I loved Liv's speech to Fitz at the end by basically serving as the mouthpiece of the Scandal viewers though I did feel bad for Fitz when Olivia threw the ring at him.  Damn Tony Goldwyn's acting!  And STEPHEN!  I missed him and I'm so glad Shonda got him to come back.

• Love 5

I'm really trying to like this silly little popcorn show, and in a way I do.

But, when you can't stop laughing during the "dramatic" final scene?  Someone really fucked up.

If this is all going to be fantasy, I may need some vampires soon.

• Love 4
I don't get how he managed to convince the Russians to just handover what they just paid $2 billion for though.

Despite the bid, I don't think the Russians handed over so much as a penny for Liv. It was a ruse, not unlike Huck, Quinn and Jake were attempting. 

• Love 5

I think I am done with Scandal. It makes no sense, Liv makes no sense. She is angry because he tried to save her life by any means necessary. I wonder her reaction if his stance was "I don't negotiate with terrorists" which would have caused her demise and thus she would not have had a reaction. Guess I have answered my own question. But I think it would have destroyed him to lose her if he did nothing. Sigh.

• Love 7

For pete's sake, show.  What a hole you've dug yourself into.  

My attention wandered some; what was with the ring on the floor after Fitz left?  Was that the same thing Huck gave her?  What was it?  Why do I care??

• Love 3

I think I am done with Scandal. It makes no sense, Liv makes no sense. She is angry because he tried to save her life by any means necessary. I wonder her reaction if his stance was "I don't negotiate with terrorists" which would have caused her demise and thus she would not have had a reaction. Guess I have answered my own question. But I think it would have destroyed him to lose her if he did nothing. Sigh.

Easy, if Fitz did nothing, Olivia would have screamed and cried and said you didn't save me, I had to do it on my own,, i know where I stand. 

I hate the CIA lady she should have neutralized the asset. 

So Andrew is in a stroke forever, Lizzybear can never wear  backless dresses but will have power, and Mellie can be president. yay. can we cancel the show now?

• Love 2

Olivia and Fitz will be screwing in the next couple of episodes. This kidnapping was about a whole bunch of nothing. Good to see Stephen again.

I hate the CIA lady she should have neutralized the asset. 

LMAO!!!  She definitely wanted to.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2

I was tempted to watch this episode, until I heard myself tell a friend that I was going to watch Scandal to see who bought Olivia.  I couldn't believe that was a sentence that came out of my mouth.  I can't believe that a president would go to war over his mistress, lover, whatever.  That's supposed to be a sign of love?  That's some gross bullshit that I can't believe is actually on television. 

I briefly tuned in and saw Huck injecting Andrew as he's wrapped in plastic, and that's when I realized that I might be truly done.  I wasn't a fan of this kidnapping plot in first place, but I had a little hope when it seemed Olivia was going to rescue herself and escape.  Nice to hear that Stephen came back.  Glad and relieved I missed the rest.

I was reading some responses to previous episodes here, and someone said that Cookie Lyon would not put up with this shit.  Cookie and Olivia are both brilliant, powerful women who have compromised themselves for the men they loved, but I never expected a current television show to debase itself and its characters so much. Olivia being Helen of Troy, the woman at the center of this war, is outdated and sick.  Being a black woman for sale is disgusting, too.  I don't know when I'll get over the fact that someone thought this story was a good idea and then put it on TV.  

• Love 6

Are dirndls coming back in style? It's the rare day when Mellie commits a fashion mistake.

FFS, you don't win an auction by calling "ditto!" on someone else's bid. The Gladiators should have just added a dollar to their bid like they do on the Price is Right.

Taken? I'm surprised Rowan didn't suggest that they call Liam Neeson. Meanwhile, did Jake teleport over to Kenya?

SR lifted huge chunks of those scenes directly from Homeland. Some of the dialogue was almost identical. I wonder if Homeland's producers will consider this cheap imitation the sincerest form of flattery.

• Love 3

For pete's sake, show.  What a hole you've dug yourself into.  

My attention wandered some; what was with the ring on the floor after Fitz left?  Was that the same thing Huck gave her?  What was it?  Why do I care??

That was the ring they found in the old lady's apartment that tipped them off that Liv was there. Apparently she never takes it off. Except to throw at the President of the United States. Though who can blame her. He's a putz. But as to the significance of the ring between Liv and Fitz, I'm not sure. Maybe he gave it to her in an episode that I zoned out during. That seems to happen a lot to me during this show. 

CIA lady is blood thirsty. Just like any good CIA official should be. I like her. 

• Love 4

Does Rowan just, like monologue to himself in the mirror all the time? Does he sit around and practice his big speeches, when he isn't running top secret government agencies and/or fishing? Did he make some poor agent sit their and listen to him practice his prepared DRAMATIC speech before he runs off to deliver it? 

• Love 11

I saw Liv's anger at Fitz as very analagous to Cyrus' anger/faux quitting.  They were both pissed at Fitz for the same reason.  Namely  that he was willing to sacrifice the well being of many just because of one.

Liv would have been very happy & grateful if Fitz had somehow managed to rescue her while she was a captive.  But he didn't do that.  Instead he knuckled under to her captors demands and started a useless war that in the end did nothing to get her back and killed a bunch of other people.  In fact she is right, in the grand scheme of things he didn't actually do anything to save her.   All he really did was start a war for her.

Both she and Cy thought about the compromises they made (in both Cy's rage speech and Liv's speech they mention stealing the election) for him because they were idealistic enough to believe he was worth the things they did. 

I don't doubt she and Fitz will make their way back together, but I do think she had him on a pedestal and this knocked him off of it for her which I think was a necessary thing.

• Love 5

I think she was the press secretary for the first 3 weeks or something.  And then she filled in while Fitz was in the hospital with a bullet in his head.  But you are correct that she shouldn't have that much access, since we saw how much trouble Abby was having getting any information above a certain security level.

Olivia was the Director of Communications for Fitz's White House until she resigned.

A more important figure than the press secretary - but still definitely not someone who should have access to huge state secrets.

Despite the bid, I don't think the Russians handed over so much as a penny for Liv. It was a ruse, not unlike Huck, Quinn and Jake were attempting. 

But they actually had $2 billion. Did the Russians?

• Love 1

We don't know anything about the ring. Never heard of it until she was kidnapped...retcon for the win!

I think seeing Andrew in that bed may have done it for me.  I mean, yes, he was an ass, but that was too cruel.  Maybe I know too much about real strokes to condone that storyline.

Fitz and Jake need to hook up and leave Olivia alone....she did it ON HER OWN.  Um, really? Cause I think Abby saved your ass.

• Love 2

Just a few tidbits:

So glad this unfortunate, distasteful, offensive, and ultimately boring kidnapping/auction story arc is over.  The only good thing about the whole thing was the smirk between Mellie and the RNC lady in the hallway.  Well, that and Mellie's visit to Andrew.  He won't be whispering into any reporter's ear now, will he?

Olivia and Cyrus JUST figured out that Fitz is a useless moron?  They are slow. 

Daddy Pope's rant cracked me up.  He said what I've been thinking this whole while. And Jake assuring Olivia that she was safe because he was there made me laugh just as hard.  Umm, Jake?  You were there when she got snatched in the first place.  He and Huck and all their B vitamin psychoses need to go away.

• Love 4

I'm not sure why I'm still watching. I've hated this entire story arc. I think I'm hopeful that Shonda and her team will pay attention to the viewers' reactions on social media and right this ship. I'm actually missing Liv being a fixer for someone different every week.

I don't want the show to be canceled, since no one forces me to watch it. But I do wish it'd return to the Scandal I knew and loved. I don't even recognize this mess.

And Papa Pope needs to shut the fuck up. I was hoping an alligator or something would come up the bank and eat him just to shut up his bloviating ass.

• Love 6

It seems as though ABC is being less restrictive and now allows fired cast members to guest star (if they've been a good boy and he public forgets). Isaiah Washington guested on Greys Anatomy recently. Now Henry Ian Cusick? Perhaps Harrison will return from the dead next season.

Meanwhile, the show is terrible. I no longer watch but I still come here for all the commentary. Love you guys.

• Love 2

I changed the channel when Jake and Huck started the warm blood and bones conversation. 

This time, I forgot to change it back.   So over it.

I hope Scandal can find its way back home, because it's a sad day when reruns of The Middle are more interesting.

• Love 1

Does everyone in this show have to give a pedantic speech ?? I mean really Cyrus, you are an asshole . It is not the fate of the nation you are worried about, it is your place in it. Every rant you have is all about you. Olivia, stop sleeping with the president and you can start being a Fixer again. Abby, why do you deserve everything? And, must everyone talk at warp speed? Are you on a timer ?  

Was never a scandal devotee and whenever I do watch it, I remember why. People who do very bad things in the name of a "greater good" of their own creation piss me off.

• Love 2

OMG, this thread is SO MUCH better than the show!!!  I only watch the show so I can sit here and laugh manically later.  (I'm all right, I'm just having fun.)

i know. i'm now watching for the sole reason i can snark with you guys. i can't even even with this but y'all make it worth it

Great to see Steven back. Not looking forward to the Olivia PTSD BS.  Loved the Andrew revenge. Mellie and Elizabeth are great, they can run together as Pres and VP. Bored with Olivia and Fitz, who gives a shit about Vermont and jam, the dream is dead. Move on!.  Shonda please get this show back on track, re-watch season one get back to the formula.  

• Love 1

Taken? I'm surprised Rowan didn't suggest that they call Liam Neeson. Meanwhile, did Jake teleport over to Kenya?

Canada, not Kenya.  Prescott Lake, Ontario: 510 miles from DC.

Edited by LekoBoy

And yes, Fitz going to war for her probably put her in more danger now. 2billion dollars. That's her verified worth to every nefarious entity in the world. She's 2billion dollars in a white coat, on legs. Is there anyway she can have any kind of life now?

This was exactly what I was thinking. She basically needs to have Secret Service protection, except in Scandal-world, we can't trust the Secret Service.

Also, sidelining the VP does nothing to figure out if someone was pulling his strings and who. It seems to me improbable that he came up with and orchestrated a virtual coup on his own.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the "I wasn't raped...but I found out there are worse things than rape." convo. I think rape survivors would have every right to be pissed off about it. I also think that while it's true that there are many worse things than rape, finding out that this president sent people to die in your name is probably not one of them. No doubt, it's dishonorable, unethical and probably criminal. But I'm thinking it would be far worse than the abstract knowledge that people were killed because your significant other made a choice to give in to terrorists. 

• Love 8

Let's just take Olivia back to her apartment when every evil agency in the world knows she's worth 2 billion dollars. How does the show even work going forward? Your main character has a huge target on her head and a bunch of evil people know exactly who she is and where she lives and what she's worth to the most powerful man in the world!

It's lovely that Fitz's primary concern was whether or not Olivia was raped. That's important of course but his earnest "Did they hurt you?" came across so skeevy. no dude, no one tarnished your precious sidepiece, in a few months (weeks, days, hours, who knows with these two?) she'll let you hit that and the world will be palatable once again. For you. You worthless piece of shit.

I have no idea how they'll have Olivia and Fitz in bed again by the finale (you know that's the plan), what he did is so unconscionable that the idea that Olivia would let this man touch her again is just beyond all logic. 

• Love 8

I have no idea how they'll have Olivia and Fitz in bed again by the finale (you know that's the plan), what he did is so unconscionable that the idea that Olivia would let this man touch her again is just beyond all logic. 

Given that she's already sleeping with a mercenary who killed three innocent people in cold blood; (One of those people was her goddaughter's father)  Not to mention all the crimes her and her band of criminals have committed. Nah, it won't be that hard for Liv to let Fitz touch her again. LOL.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 5

I was ecstatic when Cyrus finally quit and gave Fitz a piece of his mind...until they showed that it was a fantasy.  A great fantasy true, but still a fantasy.

It's lovely that Fitz's primary concern was whether or not Olivia was raped. That's important of course but his earnest "Did they hurt you?" came across so skeevy. no dude, no one tarnished your precious sidepiece, in a few months (weeks, days, hours, who knows with these two?) she'll let you hit that and the world will be palatable once again. For you. You worthless piece of shit.

That was my exact same reaction.  And that's why I rejoiced when Olivia finally ripped Fitz a new one.  We know it won't last, but it was still pretty damn awesome.

So what happened to all the kidnappers?  I know Olivia grabbed a gun and shot the scar face dude in the leg and then kicked him.  But what happened to the rest of the kidnappers?  Did they get killed by all those Russian dudes? 

Papa Pope can't stop having diarrhea of the mouth.  I'm so tired of listening to this guy that I mostly turned off what he said.  Poor Jake, subjected to such a stupid and meaningless rant!

Yay, Abby!  Yay, Stephen!  I still remembered him from season 1.  I missed him when he was gone.  Can he come back on the Show?

I hated Cyrus for agreeing to "neutralize the asset" and yet I understood why he wanted that.  Thank God he pulled out the last minute when he recognized Olivia's old Gladiator.  Yay Abby for contacting Stephen!

Huck is still damn scary and dangerous even though he promised that he won't kill anyone anymore.  What he did to the VP was horrible!  I don't want to feel sorry for the Vice President, but I do.  He's probably going to be paralized for the rest of his life with Mellie coming to see him and taunting him forever.

It's time for Olivia Pope to dump both Fitz and Jake and go back to being the Fixer again!