Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Talk

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The Muslim women watching Asa's performance didn't like it because they are probably required to wear it. Most (yes, I know, not all. There are women who wear it out of choice) Muslimas who wear hijab aren't exactly doing it because they want to, and I think Asa's message is actually a really good one. It shouldn't be an imposition; it should be a choice. If I were oppressed by men and made to wear a hijab, I'd probably hate her message too. Kudos to Asa, seriously.

She wouldn't dare! She's a member of the clean plate club.

Lol. Shit. I am too. 

Edited by RococoChanel
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

The best part of Asa's performance was the end when they walked to the end of the block or whatever and started hopping up and down and squealing like they'd just won tickets to a New Kids on the Block concert from the radio station.

• Love 5

I ALMOST feel bad for Jessica... I mean, I wouldn't my fiancé to hang around with this group either - they turn on each other on a dime, they are backstabbing, and they are all self involved.  Even the GG thing... it's becoming clear that that was a mutual flirtation, and GG just publicized it to make Mike look bad.

HOWEVER... Asa, Reza and MJ were absolutely right.  They tried to keep it on the DL, and they told GG they thought her delivery sucked.  It's not their fault if Jessica's fiancé is a dog.  Jessica's in a really tough place.  If she admits to herself that it's probably true, she has to address the problems in her relationship.  If she goes all in with believing Mike, well, you end up with an embarrassing scene like we saw.

On a purely superficial note... is Jessica getting way more unattractive to anyone else?  Is she doing her makeup and hair differently?  I thought she used to be somewhat cute but she just looks awful this season. 

Edited by DrivingSideways
  • Love 7

I guess I can't be mad at them for being annoyed by Jessica, but it wouldn't have hurt any of them to actually tell Jessica, "Hey, didn't want to be a part of this. Definitely told GiGi to talk about it calmly to Mike like an adult. She absolutely chose the worst way."

Instead they're all, "BUT PINKY PROMISE!".

• Love 2

On a purely superficial note... is Jessica getting way more unattractive to anyone else?  Is she doing her makeup and hair differently?  I thought she used to be somewhat cute but she just looks awful this season. 

Gah! Jessica's face is getting bigger with each passing season. Not fatter, but wider, somehow. Her eyes seem like they're miles apart. When she was applying blusher in the beginning of the episode, it was like this enormous swath of the cheek area she had to cover. I actually jumped back like, whoa.

• Love 2

I wonder if Jessica saw the Bravo footage of a drunken Mike with his hand up GG's thong, I mean you couldn't exactly see it, but I could see that his hand was somewhere on the private areas of GG's body.

• Love 1

Isn't Mike's Bentley a rental? Didn't he say he rented it last episode or is that a different car?

What does Shervin do for a living that he can afford all those expensive cars? I'm not sold on Shervin like others. He's 'meh' to me.

Mike needs to tread lightly and reel Miss Jessica in.  If he doesn't play nice with the rest of the cast he's gonna wind up alienating himself, not filming with the rest of the "crew", becoming a disjointed storyline and be bounced right off the show.  Shervin, anyone?  Mikey, you reading these boards?

That's exactly what I was thinking - Mike and Jessica both seem like such fame whores, I would think they would do anything not to hinder their spots on the show.

Jessica was in full bitch mode before she came to dinner. Mike and Jessica deserve each other. I don't remember every detail but prior to GG spilling the beans about Turkey, what did they do to Jessica to make her loathe them so much? I think Jessica has abusive behavior. She has successfully isolated Mike from his friends and Mike went long with it. They're both sleazebags.

Mike knows he tried to fuck GG. GG never said he raped or assaulted her, she said he tried to sleep with her and it made her uncomfortable. But he can't admit that he tried to sleep with her.

I honestly believe they would have empathy for Jessica if she wasn't such a nasty bitch. Fuck Mike and Jessica.

Edited by RedKoolAide
  • Love 3

"Hey, didn't want to be a part of this. Definitely told GiGi to talk about it calmly to Mike like an adult. She absolutely chose the worst way."

They did say that. They said it at the dinner, and they've said it before, and before and before. They said that when Jessie and Mike stormed away from Shervin's party, right after GG blurted it out. They've said it since. Reza has told Mike that. Asa and M.J....they've all said that. Jessica and Mike aren't interested in hearing that. The friends said "we promised GG we wouldn't tell, we told her to handle it with Mike directly. And no, she didn't handle correctly." How many times do they need to say it?

Asa handled herself very well at the summit dinner, Reza lost it a bit letting his frustration get to him a little.

I think perhaps they should drive home a bit more -- "Look here's exactly what we think: Yes, you BOTH were drunk, You BOTH got flirty. Do we think you tried to rape her -- of course not. Do we even think it's the big deal G.G. says it is? No. Do we think you made a serious pass at her -- and REALLY would have slept with her? Don't know, don't care. You both were so drunk you likely don't really remember WHAT happened.  But for whatever reason GG herself -- has made this a big deal. YOU TWO sit down PRIVATELY, and work it out -- like the brother and sister you say that you feel you are. LISTEN to each other, HEAR each other.... WE are out of it, WE don't need to speak of it again. YOU TWO work it out."

Edited by selhars
  • Love 9

I guess I can't be mad at them for being annoyed by Jessica, but it wouldn't have hurt any of them to actually tell Jessica, "Hey, didn't want to be a part of this. Definitely told GiGi to talk about it calmly to Mike like an adult. She absolutely chose the worst way."

Instead they're all, "BUT PINKY PROMISE!".

Maybe they'll think to ask for detail next time before they pinky swear on something.  Nah, probably not.

I wonder if Jessica saw the Bravo footage of a drunken Mike with his hand up GG's thong, I mean you couldn't exactly see it, but I could see that his hand was somewhere on the private areas of GG's body.

In that footage GG was giggling and doing the flirty girl squeal while he was doing it.  She wasn't trying to move his hand or move her body away from him.  That footage makes them both look pretty bad.  

They did say that. They said it at the dinner, and they've said it before, and before and before. They said that when Jessie and Mike stormed away from Shervin's party, right after GG blurted it out. They've said it since. Reza has told Mike that. Asa and M.J....they've all said that. Jessica and Mike aren't interested in hearing that. The friends said "we promised GG we wouldn't tell, we told her to handle it with Mike directly. And no, she didn't handle correctly." How many times do they need to say it?

Asa handled herself very well at the summit dinner, Reza lost it a bit letting his frustration get to him a little.

I think perhaps they should drive home a bit more -- "Look here's exactly what we think: Yes, you BOTH were drunk, You BOTH got flirty. Do we think you tried to rape her -- of course not. Do we even think it's the big deal G.G. says it is? No. Do we think you made a serious pass at her -- and REALLY would have slept with her? Don't know, don't care. You both were so drunk you likely don't really remember WHAT happened.  But for whatever reason GG herself -- has made this a big deal. YOU TWO sit down PRIVATELY, and work it out -- like the brother and sister you say that you feel you are. LISTEN to each other, HEAR each other.... WE are out of it, WE don't need to speak of it again. YOU TWO work it out."

This. Exactly.  Did any of them ask GG why she kept this to herself for almost a year?  And in that year she didn't change her behavior towards Mike so that they could tell something was bothering her about him?  I have no doubt Mike hit on her and would've slept with her if she'd said yes, so this isn't slut shaming or blaming the victim.  I think GG isn't being entirely honest about any part of the situation.

• Love 1

Apparently Mike does not trust Jessica to be able to handle the idea that he and Golnesa were drunk and a little out of control - and Jessica is comfortably wrapped in denial. Wonder how long that marriage will last!

• Love 3

Not a Reza fan but I was impressed with how he handled himself at the dinner from hell. He was so on point when he told Jessica she can't keep blaming everyone else for her and Mike's problems. I think that actually shut her up for a minute.

• Love 4

Never thought I would one day be on Reza's side of an argument but hey, here we go. I'll never forgive you for that Jessica!

I'm more inclined to be compassionate for Jessica, she's really in a tough spot with this drunk cheat and the trap she fell when doing this show. She must have felt ambushed the day GG chose to explode and she knew she was used for a storyline and that's why, in my opinion, her usual and obvious contempt for them became hatred. Nobody likes to be the butt of the joke.

But she did go at it like a moron and a lunatic oblitarating the only chance anybody could take her side. I'm all for going in a fight ready to throw some jabs but boy... nobody was there to fight so she just looked like a witch. Girl obviously never heard of the high road. So yeah, I didn't like her before, I dislike her more now than ever.

But for what it's worth, I understand why she can't stand those people because, let's face it : they suck. Her mistake is to think she's better than them when she proved that night she truly has her place in the group.

• Love 4

Apparently Mike does not trust Jessica to be able to handle the idea that he and Golnesa were drunk and a little out of control - and Jessica is comfortably wrapped in denial. Wonder how long that marriage will last!

The marriage will last about as long as Jessica is willing to turn a blind eye.

YES!

• Love 1

It seems to me that Jessica is applying her make up and grooming her hair with a much stronger hand. Her makeup is bolder and more harsh and her hair is always slick and tight or pasted against her head. Her natural features are too strong for this type of severely polished look. She had a softer look last season that suited her better.

Asa is looking A LOT more harsh too. It ages her and makes her look like she is in her mid 40's.

MJ's hair, whether it's a wig or her own hair, is too heavy and plops on her head,

• Love 1

MJ's hair, whether it's a wig or her own hair, is too heavy and plops on her head,

MJ is like an orthodox Jewish woman in this regard. I don't think we've ever seen her real hair because she never goes out or is seen without her wig.

While I like Shervin's jokes and general bravo-edited sanity.. the house and flashy cars are super tacky. Mikes comments about Persian guys liking flashy things is probably more relevant to his immediate circle of Persian trashy LA hustler friends.

I feel bad for Jessica, she has settled for an idiot and is angry and has decided to channel her frustration to the group. Agree with the rest of them that they had no business  getting involved. As far as Jessica disliking the group and not wanting Mike to associate with them, meh I think that's her prerogative. These 'friends' are selfish, boring and backstabbing, why would you want to hang around them?

Asa- ugh your art is crap. There is nothing original or though provoking about it. Your comments about making hejab sexy is also insulting and stupid. Hejab is not sexy, its all about subjugating women. If it was about modesty both men and women would wear it. I have an issue with her calling it beautiful and sexy, when for most women in the world who wear it, it is mandatory and a tool of oppression.

I'm getting bored with this group. None of them are funny or lead fabulous lives. The only source of content seems to be Bravo funded pool parties where they act like fools. Everything else about their day to day lives is low rent and boring. New people needed!

• Love 1

"Then comes Asa's "Skinny people complain too much, they really do."

Oh seriously bitch? Unless we're talking about the uber-Hollywood elite; have several seats. I hear many more overweight people complain (and directly to me, who's as skinny as they come!) Asa can have a nice dose of "shut the fuck up'.

• Love 1

What the heck is Shervin's profession? Has this been mentioned on the show already and I missed it? 

I have no idea but if he and Nima can afford to rent a place like that for the summer where do I sign up?

And yes, both Nima and Shervin are hot. I admit it, I find Persian men sexy.

Shervin...call me? ;)

Edited by fliptopbox

Did anybody catch the aftershow on Bravo's website? Asa explained that they were invited to what they were told was a "reconciliation dinner" and were surprised when Jessica went all crazed animal on them.

And *warning: prepare your eyeballs for extreme rolling. Mike says that he gets hit on much more now that he's married.

• Love 1

Please. No one is hitting on that sweaty mess unless cameras are around or the famewhores think they can parlay it into a guest spot on the show (ex: Miami Girl from Vanderpump Rules).

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I hear what y'all are saying, but I am crazy about the crew. I could see myself hangin' with all of them. Asa is so freaking beautiful to me. Gorgeous girl who embraces her sexuality. I loved the boudoir pics of MJ's. She looked wonderful! Reza seems likpe fun. Mike is cool as heck and that damn Shervin can get it.

Now, GG can be super silly which I like and she can be the person whose buttons you push when you need to relieve stress. The one who you know you can argue with over, well, nothing, but she's down for a fight.

I DO NOT LIKE THAT JESSICA AT ALL! And check out the filthy mouth on that one. I talk like a sailor, mind you; but, my fiance has no idea. No way in hell she'd be cussing ate like that. I'd tell Mike to mizzle his rabid dog. WTF was that at the dinner? Was she drunk? She just wnent in. Mike ws totally emasculated in that scene.

Asa is definitely someone I'd want around in a stressful moment.

• Love 3

Jessica was awful quick to believe Reza and tell him that Mike was lying about her calling Reza evil. He should watch out because she is going to be crazy vindictive during the inevitable divorce.

• Love 2

I hear what y'all are saying, but I am crazy about the crew. I could see myself hangin' with all of them. Asa is so freaking beautiful to me. Gorgeous girl who embraces her sexuality. I loved the boudoir pics of MJ's. She looked wonderful! Reza seems likpe fun. Mike is cool as heck and that damn Shervin can get it.

Now, GG can be super silly which I like and she can be the person whose buttons you push when you need to relieve stress. The one who you know you can argue with over, well, nothing, but she's down for a fight.

I DO NOT LIKE THAT JESSICA AT ALL! And check out the filthy mouth on that one. I talk like a sailor, mind you; but, my fiance has no idea. No way in hell she'd be cussing ate like that. I'd tell Mike to mizzle his rabid dog. WTF was that at the dinner? Was she drunk? She just wnent in. Mike ws totally emasculated in that scene.

Asa is definitely someone I'd want around in a stressful moment.

announcergirl, I really like your positivity. I dislike a lot of people and I feel like I need you around to remind me of the good things, no snark. 

Jessica was awful quick to believe Reza and tell him that Mike was lying about her calling Reza evil. He should watch out because she is going to be crazy vindictive during the inevitable divorce.

I noticed that. She was SO quick to throw Mike under the bus.  I would've at least said something like, "If Mike said that then he misquoted me."  The day that inevitable divorce comes, Jessica will become a fiery demon from the nadir of hell. She's already halfway there IMHO. 

• Love 2

I loved the boudoir pics of MJ's. She looked wonderful! 

Anyone else notice the selected photo from MJ's boudoir photo session was shot in such a way that not one ounce of the flesh from her boobs to her thighs was shown? 

• Love 1

I think Jessica is what happens when you raise a daughter to believe that she is a princess, that she is always right, that she deserves everything, that she is unaccountable for her actions, and that she is better than everyone else.

Also, I don't think that a guy hitting on someone, even in a very sexual way (considering the flight, the drinking, the hour), is a huge deal. It does not sound as though GG was taken advantage of. Sounds like he tried, she said no, and he backed away. So what's the big deal? I mean, at her age, I'm sure that she has been hit on before, by married and unmarried men, and she has turned some of them down. End of story.

Also, GG: Turn down the makeup about 23 notches. "Clown" is not a good look. Thank you.

Anyone else notice the selected photo from MJ's boudoir photo session was shot in such a way that not one ounce of the flesh from her boobs to her thighs was shown? 

Yes! I need a boudoir photo like that!

• Love 3

YES..and YES!

I don't think that a guy hitting on someone, even in a very sexual way (considering the flight, the drinking, the hour), is a huge deal. It does not sound as though GG was taken advantage of. Sounds like he tried, she said no, and he backed away. So what's the big deal? I mean, at her age, I'm sure that she has been hit on before, by married and unmarried men, and she has turned some of them down. End of story.

I noticed that. She was SO quick to throw Mike under the bus.  I would've at least said something like, "If Mike said that then he misquoted me."  The day that inevitable divorce comes, Jessica will become a fiery demon from the nadir of hell. She's already halfway there IMHO.

Did you see the look on MIKE's face when she did that. He covered it well. But you could tell he was like..."damed, babe, really?"

Edited by selhars
  • Love 4

Jessica said something bizarre to Asa when they were arguing on the street after the dinner. It was something like, "next time you're invited somewhere, don't show up." Asa said, "then don't invite me." It was a very strange interchange.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 3

I think Mike has convinced Jessica that he's a catch and in popular demand and she's therefore desperate to hang on to him. Look at his "playful " banter about MJ's ass as they were leaving the restaurant.

In the aftershow, Reza says that they were surprised Jessica even became mike's girlfriend because she was just one of several women Mike brought around them. Asa also goes on to say that Jessica loves the cameras from the show more than the cast does. So much so that she hashtags things #shahs. And she has referred to herself as "Jessica from Shahs" or something like that. She seems like an insufferable twit. Her face seems to be separating beneath the skin like tectonic plates or Arnold's face in Total Recall.

• Love 1

LMAO! I thought that was hilarious, especially with Mike sitting there looking like he was trying to decide if he should flee the scene and not look back.

I can absolutely believe she called Reza evil. I am sure she's said other things about him, too.

• Love 2

I can absolutely believe she called Reza evil. I am sure she's said other things about him, too.

I mean if you can straight say to someone's face that you don't think they are a good person imagine what you say behind their back...

• Love 4

What the heck is Shervin's profession? Has this been mentioned on the show already and I missed it? 

The moment they showed all of his cars I said the exact same thing "WHAT DO HE DO!?!?!" 

Sign me up for that.  He doesn't seem much like the playboy type but he must be..... right? 

Jessica.... ugh.... I was over here the moment she said she was trying to show mike that his friends are bad people and he's better off without them.  They might be crazy and stupid but they are his friends who are like family.  Tell him to stay away from GG, that's ok, but to the others? No freaking way they've ever done anything bad enough to be shunned for life.  I'd like to see the people Jessica hangs out with. That guy is going to have a miserable marriage if he lets her seclude him from everyone. 

• Love 2

Jessica could have handled this differently from the beginning, the very beginning. If she didn't like Mikes friends all she had to do was limit her time with them and be cordial around them. She didn't have to say I don't like you, I don't like being around you, make the catty remark,. you're this, you're that. She could have kept her real thoughts to herself and been pleasant around them and leave early, or allow Mike to separately spend time with them and not bust his balls over it as these are his friends ones he's been around for years.  Mike can be protective of Jessica by actively limiting the time Jessica is around them, making an excuse and leaving if need be. instead he gets hammered and fights and she feeds the unrest with her attitude.

• Love 1

Reza decides to have a destination wedding in Thailand. Elsewhere, Asifa throws herself a Bollywood-themed birthday bash, but developments cause her to question her relationship with Bobby; and Reza revokes Mike's wedding invitation.

I find myself being in complete agreement with Asa in this episode, at least in regards to Turkeygate , which is a rarity.

Jessica's real issue should be with Mike, not his friends.  They didn't agree with the delivery of the secret, but it wasn't their place to get into it.  Any censure she wants to heap on GG is certainly warranted, but not on the rest of them.

All of the friends were under the misconception that they were there to hash it out and resolve the situation, but as Asa said, they just ended up being scolded by Jessica. What I have loved about this show is that these people really do seem like family to each other.  Yes, things get ugly and nasty, but they work it out, just like you do with family.  They were expecting to have a different type of conversation with Jessica.  

I've admired Mike in the past for his defense of Sasha, and other things.... which I can't seem to remember.  I don't think he's a bad person, but Jessica doesn't bring out the best in him. However, I do think he is a flirt, and I believe he probably tries to see how far he can go when he's in his cups and his girlfriend isn't there.  But as Asa or MJ said, Jessica can't reconcile the idea of the Gigi story being true, and still marry MIke, so she has to attack and deflect the anger she feels.  I'm wondering how this will play out,

especially since it looks like all of the friends with the exception of GG attend Mike and Jessica's wedding.

I don't know if Mike tried to have sex with Gigi, and quite frankly, I don't care.  There wasn't any force alleged, both parties were intoxicated, end of story.  I'm over it.  

• Love 2
(edited)

So much ugh. I was actually very much on Mike and Jessica's "side" before I saw the outburst at dinner in this episode. It seemed very obvious that Mike was kowtowing to Jessica's insane ranting because he felt so much guilt at putting her through this embarrassing ordeal on TV. I follow Jessica on IG and it's interesting to see the timeline of the show against the pictures. We see on the show that Mike is already planning on asking Jess to marry him, then GG has her pool party melt down and Mike moves the proposal up, maybe to placate a hysterical Jessica. On IG the proposal comes maybe a week or 2 after the pool party, then 3 weeks later they have a huge engagement party that I actually thought was the wedding, it was so over the top and fancy (Jessica even had a couture, custom white gown made especially for the party). It's like the philandering husband that gives the wife a huge diamond when he cheats.

Mike had to bite his tongue when Jessica was going off because he was in the doghouse. I understand that he didn't want to rock the boat but what kind of man lets his friends (terrible people or not, he says he cares deeply for them) be flayed by someone clearly in the wrong, just to keep a charade going about a lie he told? Not much of one. Come on Mike, grow a pair! 

I'm not surprised Jessica was called a fame whore on the after show. The night this episode aired she was absolutely eviscerated in the comments of one of her IG posts, and all she could crow about was gaining a thousand followers on her account. 

Edited by meeeeech
  • Love 2

I still like Mike, even though he seems miserable this season. And it makes me uncomfortable to see people accusing him of assault when Golnesa has made it clear she does not see it that way. She is not a victim according to her own words.

I just watched this episode, but I have to give Asa credit for listing her weight on tv. MJ's side eye was kind of hilarious but even if Asa was cutting it down ten pounds, it's still brave.

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't see Mike and Jessica returning to the show now that they are married, unless they get divorced soon after, which also wouldn't surprise me. Mike seems miserable and angry and it's not a good look. I still think he's a decent person underneath it all.

But Shervin is a good Mike replacement. Sexy and single I enjoy watching him.

Edited by racked

Agreed. Has anyone ever said what Shervin (and his brother Nima) do as far as jobs go. They live in this huge, lavish mansion and throw crazy outlandish parties...but we never hear about them working or doing anything productive. Maybe they have family money? Or are secret porn stars? Inquiring minds want to know. Plus, both Shervin and Nima are very easy on the eyes.

• Love 1

So do we know if Reza and Adam's wedding has actually happened? Seems like in the past couple episodes Reza has been having serious reservations about going through the wedding at all. There just doesn't seem to be any passion in their relationship, and even Reza said that (to both the crew and his therapist).

I was convinced that Reza and Adam broke up, but then again, in the previews for the season, it looked like there were clips from Thailand. Also, on WWHL, a caller asked Mike if he thought Reza and Adam would last and Mike said yes. It also appears in instagram shots that Reza's wearing a wedding ring, so I guess they did get married after all.

• Love 1
(edited)

Has anyone ever said what Shervin (and his brother Nima) do as far as jobs go. 

I don't think Shervin and Nima are related because the caption under Nima always reads "Sherwin's friend." They're certainly not brothers though. 

I'm also curious to know what Shervin does for a living. If he is intended to be Mike's replacement for next season, I'm sure we'll find out.

Edited by Rahul

I can't see Mike and Jessica returning to the show now that they are married, unless they get divorced soon after, which also wouldn't surprise me. Mike seems miserable and angry and it's not a good look. I still think he's a decent person underneath it all.

I think Mike will return. The money is probably decent. Jessica will return, too...she acts like she hates the cameras and attention, but one look at her Instagram tells me she loves it.