Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Talk

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I finally saw this episode last night and I'm sorry, a grown man running around going "we pinky sweared!" Seriously, Reza? You're pushing 40 and a pinky swear is some kind of solemn, binding contract?

I don't think I blame Mike for leaving. I'd be pissed as hell and I don't know what's to be gained for him by staying there and "talking" to GG about the incident.

Can we keep Shervin?

Even worse, he's not pushing 40, he's on the other side of 40. This group is developmentally stunted.

(edited)

When Mike and Jessica are sitting on the bed and she's screaming at him about "those people" and how GG is making up lies about the man she loves and the man she would give her life for...blah, blah, blah, I could read Mike's mind. It was like a light switch went off and he thought, "Holy crap. She believes me. I'm gonna get away with it." But Jessica pathetically asks in a baby voice, "None of it's true, right?" And it was like he snapped back to reality. "No, no, none of it's true."

Yeah right Mike. I believe GG. She said he didn't force himself on her, but he did try to sleep with her. Something similar happened to me when a drunk friend got a little handsy, and to this day, denies it ever happened. Even so much as asking another friend who was there if it happened. The friend backed him up, but that friend was also drunk and could barely walk that night.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 6

the way that GG is going around and informing everyone does not speak of someone who is concerned - she wants attention plain and simple.  Just look at the way she told the newbies at the one party.  And there was no reason for her to blurt it out at this most recent party. 

I believe her... but the way she's going about it is all wrong. Not to mention it was a year ago.  Ok so maybe Mike is a womanizer. Maybe he WAS. I'm sure him and Jessica have worked through their issues, no reason for her to bring up an incident that happen a YEAR ago. People do change sometimes.

Is it wrong of me to think that a part of Mike hope's he and/or Jessica don't make it to the ground in one piece?

Well what if she makes it, but ends up in one of those full body casts like Peggy Hill?
  • Love 2

Well what if she makes it, but ends up in one of those full body casts like Peggy Hill?

IDK, is his father an asshole vet who can help her walk again? If not, I don't want to see it.

• Love 3

While I'm on the fence about whether that asshole's statement about "ugly Indian girls" is racist, it certainly was bigoted and a rotten thing to say. He was one of Reza's rich white friends, was he not? Go figure.

What the hell was MJ wearing at the pool party? It made her look fatter and her boobs look huge. And while I'm writing about MJ, her plan to make separate bach parties for Adam and Reza and make their friends chose which to attend, followed by that remark about some people need to go to Adam's party so he's not alone was mean. What a bitch,

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't know why Adam stays with Reza after seeing the way he treats him and his parents.

I saw a preview clip and after they jumped she was screaming, "I'm going to be a wife!"

1- seriously?

2- I don't think she was even taking in her surroundings, flying through the air, whatever. Mike was, however. The different reactions stood out.

3- I mean, really? You saw him ring shop last season, I'm sure, and you live together and you converted. You're shocked? Be shocked if you make it another year without cheating accusations.

• Love 3
(edited)

Unpopular opinion alert:

In re: to the "Mike trying to fuck GG" issue

I think Mike probably did the usual drunken flirting with GG; and she blew it way out of proportion. She's a lying attention whore.

eta:  think is not plural.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 10
(edited)

Unpopular opinion alert:

I thinks mike probably did the usual drunken flirting with GG; and she blew it way out of proportion. She's a lying attention whore.

He's a lying douche. Notice Mike says, "why did she bring this up now?". Not "why is she lying?". He's upset she held onto this for a year.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13

Mike has been awful these last few episodes but I still remember the season all of these "friends" were accusing MJ of being an alcoholic/popping pills and Mike being the only one to ask her directly and dropped it after she said no. I also remember him sticking up for Sasha at the gay club against Reza because Reza was wrong and everyone jumping on him for that. I don't think Mike is a bad person and it is beyond shitty, but predictable, of these people to gang up on the odd one out. Happened to GG, MJ, now it's Mike. I doubt anyone was worrying about the implications this would have on Mike's life beyond a juicy storyline for the show; people calling him a rapist, possibly ruining his relationship. Jessica can be a bitch but she actually tries to look out for Mike, something that can't be said for anyone else. Not saying that he didn't hit on GG, he probably did, but GG announcing it on national television in front of a party full of strangers a year later after willingly spending time with Mike and Jessica? She wanted attention and she got it. 

Vida is a beast. I thought this was her version of "being nice", though.  

• Love 20

I am pretty certain he wasn't Reza's friend but one of the other guys friend.

I remembered Reza introducing a bunch of guys who arri ed as his friend and thinking how typical to describe him as wealthy.

Wow, you would have thought Mike and Jessica had been separated by years of war or parental disapproval in the 1800s or something with the way Jessica was carrying on after the proposal. I thought she was going to make herself throw up.

Vida is so awful. On the other hand, something seems off about Charlie.

I have no interest in Asifa, but she is very pretty. In the scene when she and Bobby had just woken up and were talking in the kitchen, she had almost no makeup on - these girls look so much better without all that crazy makeup!

• Love 5

OK...GG asking for a polygraph = jumping the shark. So over it....I like it the first two seasons but these last two seasons have become so fakety fake and intolerable. 

Bye Felicia.

• Love 1
(edited)

I remembered Reza introducing a bunch of guys who arri ed as his friend and thinking how typical to describe him as wealthy.

Bald Bobby as the kept referring to the person who made the comment was credited as a friend Shervin on screen, Resa also mentioned he was a friend of Shervin who he was acquainted with and knew was wealthy. The guy also appeared to know Mike and its completely possible he was Persian.

Edited by biakbiak

OK...GG asking for a polygraph = jumping the shark. So over it....I like it the first two seasons but these last two seasons have become so fakety fake and intolerable. 

I bet anything that the results of the polygraph are "inconclusive."

Man, Vida. I am actually proud of MJ for not being more batshit crazy -- and she is pretty BSC. I'm like good job, you kinda robbed a bank but no one got shot, good job, you drink and take too many pills and you're not even dead! YEAH, MJ!

Her boyfriend is a little off, but she could bring the actual best, hardest working, richest, most handsome human being on Earth in as a mate and Vida would criticize him for not focusing enough on just one area...or she'd ask him "Then why you interested in Mercedeh when you could have anyone?" (In front of MJ, obviously).

• Love 3

I too thought it was suspect when Mike asked why GG was bringinf the issue up now. If it's a lie why not just ask why she was lying? Doesn't make sense.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jessica is a psycho. She just kept chanting "I'm going to be a wife!!" It wasn't so much about Mike, but about marrying someone. And that's sort of pathetic. If that was her only goal perhaps she should have aimed higher.

I also don't like the way that Jessica repeatedly says "those people." I know she is with a persian man, so the phrase likely isn't ethnically motivated, but it really rubs me the wrong way.

Mike definitely did it. All of his talking heads are like "I just don't get why GG waited so long to say this!" If she was just making shit up, what he wouldn't get would be her making shit up, not the timing. The way he phrased it made it very unlikely IMO that he didn't do anything. GG alluded to there being footage, so maybe they will show something more and the talking heads were taped after they confronted him with the footage.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 6

Mike has been awful these last few episodes but I still remember the season all of these "friends" were accusing MJ of being an alcoholic/popping pills and Mike being the only one to ask her directly and dropped it after she said no. I also remember him sticking up for Sasha at the gay club against Reza because Reza was wrong and everyone jumping on him for that. I don't think Mike is a bad person and it is beyond shitty, but predictable, of these people to gang up on the odd one out. Happened to GG, MJ, now it's Mike. 

I can't wait until it's Reza's turn. 

• Love 17

Jessica is a psycho. She just kept chanting "I'm going to be a wife!!" It wasn't so much about Mike, but about marrying someone. And that's sort of pathetic. If that was her only goal perhaps she should have aimed higher.

Thank you for making me see the light! Jessica just wants to be married. Mike has nothing to do with it. She also wants desperately to believe Mike didn't hit on GG. She's in for a long, long life of pain and denial. Now that Mike knows how easy it was for her to believe him, he will cheat (or try to) again and again. 

• Love 6

Geez, Jessica's bio clock must be ringing like crazy. Incoherent blather, hysterical high-pitched squealing. You'ld think she had won the single ticket Powerball lottery for 600 million.

Not crazy about any of the shahs but I like the way Jessica looks out for Mike and calls him to task. I think she knows something happened but not to the extent Gigi says it did and she is choosing to over look it. Mike better keep her, I don't think anybody else would jump through the hoops like she has nor put up with his BS.

Loved Reza's impersonation of Vida.

I hope MJ can make it work with the boyfriend.

• Love 5
(edited)

Unpopular opinion alert:

I thinks mike probably did the usual drunken flirting with GG; and she blew it way out of proportion. She's a lying attention whore.

This was also the first thing in my mind.  That he was drunk and flirting.  And why bring it up now after the ink is signed and the new season begins.  Other than that thought, I think Jessica is the new future ex wife of Mike.  There is just something about her ...  can't put my finger on it.  If I were to be honest...she seems so draining and controlling.  There is something else...something about her looks.  Maybe it's when she speaks it's less attractive?????  I'll just watch this play out.  I enjoy reading everyones comments.  Ah, I fell for the proposall though.

I giggled at Reza's impression of Vida too.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3
(edited)

I agree about Mike getting a bad edit this season too...it's so obvious and doctored too with the randomly inserted shots throughout this season of him laughing maniacally or doing crazy eyes.. not long ago he was the most reasonable and fair of this group.

I think he is guilty of inappropriate flirting or touching, still bad, but different from what GG is claiming.

Other take home points:

Vida - the most unaffectionate Persian maman I have ever seen. For once Reza was actually funny impersonating her.

Jessica - the emotion and happiness at her proposal resonated with me.  I don't understand the hate towards her... she wants to marry a guy (she is too good for him IMHO) and she is young and naïve and wants to change him and regulate his behaviour, but lots of young girls are guilty of this. Whether or not Mike is right for her, I thought her proposal was quite genuinely beautiful and her raw emotion was moving.

Asifa- less makeup is better my dear.

Charlie- when MJ piped up with " he loves me" he didn't agree or say it - just said he 'cares about her' or words like that. There is something unauthentic about him..

Edited by lolalempick
  • Love 6

Geez, Jessica's bio clock must be ringing like crazy. Incoherent blather, hysterical high-pitched squealing. You'ld think she had won the single ticket Powerball lottery for 600 million.

I actually thought something similar; Jessica's hysterical reaction to the propsoal reminded me of those crazed contestants that go on The Price Is Right. I am so embarsased for her, but hey...at least I got a good laugh out of that scene.

Mike looked awful in the plane. That lighting did him no favors and accentuated the dark circles under his eyes.

This is probably the first time the two of them seemed happy together though, as far as I can recall. I've always questioned the relationship because one (but usually both) seems to be miserable all the time. Misery loves company?

• Love 1

I actually thought something similar; Jessica's hysterical reaction to the propsoal reminded me of those crazed contestants that go on The Price Is Right. I am so embarsased for her, but hey...at least I got a good laugh out of that scene.

I thought so too. Like at least she got her Mike prize. I guess.

I can't tell which mom is worse, Vida or Ms. Joyce from RHoA. They're both so awful. I agree though that something is off with Charlie.

• Love 2

MJ's boyfriend is 10 yrs. younger than her? Wow, he's not aging well. She really needs to stop with the tight clothes and her tits hanging out. What she was wearing at the brunch with her mother there was awful. Surprised demon mom didn't have something to say about that. 

The more I see of Jessica, the less I want to see.  I used to really like her.  Now it just seems like she is always looking for a fight.

The Reza impersonation of Vida was pretty on. 

No Asa this week.  I suppose it's since there was so much build up for the wedding proposal part?

• Love 1

I know, the way the was carrying on was very scary.  She reminded me of Star Jones when she first got married, she was on The View then, and she walked out jumping up and down like a crazy woman.  

Mike was straight up lying to Jessica when he said nothing happened because in the talking heads, he's saying, "Why did GG wait for one year to bring this up?" As if he knew it happened and wish she'd brought it up earlier.  

However, I don't like the way GG brought it up, on camera and in front of Jessica.  I think the fourth wall is coming down in all these reality shows.  Folks are realizing that if something is caught on camera, it's out there, it matters and it can hurt someone.  GG should have told Mike what he did when there were NO cameras on them, punched him in the face or something, called it a day and then agreed never to talk about it again, because it's not like GG is saying Mike tried to rape her.  

Mike's still a lying douchebag though.

• Love 3
(edited)

Mike has been awful these last few episodes but I still remember the season all of these "friends" were accusing MJ of being an alcoholic/popping pills and Mike being the only one to ask her directly and dropped it after she said no. I also remember him sticking up for Sasha at the gay club against Reza because Reza was wrong and everyone jumping on him for that. I don't think Mike is a bad person and it is beyond shitty, but predictable, of these people to gang up on the odd one out. Happened to GG, MJ, now it's Mike. I doubt anyone was worrying about the implications this would have on Mike's life beyond a juicy storyline for the show; people calling him a rapist, possibly ruining his relationship. Jessica can be a bitch but she actually tries to look out for Mike, something that can't be said for anyone else. Not saying that he didn't hit on GG, he probably did, but GG announcing it on national television in front of a party full of strangers a year later after willingly spending time with Mike and Jessica? She wanted attention and she got it. 

Vida is a beast. I thought this was her version of "being nice", though.  

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. And when they started the promos for the show, I remember there being a couple of articles about the fact that the promos made it seem almost like GG was accusing Mike of rape and they were quick to make it clear that that wasn't happening. I'll see if I can find those articles. Point is, it's a storyline, it's mostly bullshit just like the Lily storylines were. Not that I doubt Mike cheats, but I don't buy GG's version either. 

MJ's boyfriend is 10 yrs. younger than her? Wow, he's not aging well. She really needs to stop with the tight clothes and her tits hanging out. What she was wearing at the brunch with her mother there was awful. Surprised demon mom didn't have something to say about that.

MJ is a visual failure on many levels, mostly dealing with her clothes, but girlfriend is aging SO well. I am always surprised by her actual age. 

Edited by racked
  • Love 1

I've never seen a reaction to a proposal like that in all my borned days. She's that excited to be marring Mike, really?

When she was cooking, I feared her boobs would catch fire like Mrs. Doubtfire.

• Love 8

MJ is a visual failure on many levels, mostly dealing with her clothes, but girlfriend is aging SO well. I am always surprised by her actual age.

How old is MJ? Because when the show first started, she was claiming something ridiculous like 33 and I was like no way is this chick younger than me. Then Reza put her "real" age out there when they were feuding, but I didn't know if he was telling the truth because I think he's also lied about his age, in addition to just being an all-purpose asshole.

No Asa this week.  I suppose it's since there was so much build up for the wedding proposal part?

Asa was at Reza's with GG and Adam. They were all talking about Mike of course and why GG said what she said. 

Really? How so? She is overweight, wears wigs so who knows what her hair is like and her face is sagging. Unless she's 60, I don't see it. 

• Love 1

How old is MJ? Because when the show first started, she was claiming something ridiculous like 33 and I was like no way is this chick younger than me. Then Reza put her "real" age out there when they were feuding, but I didn't know if he was telling the truth because I think he's also lied about his age, in addition to just being an all-purpose asshole.

On IMBd it says Mercedes birthday is August 12, 1972.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jessica's reaction to Mike's proposal reminded me of that time on Oprah's show when she said, "You get a car, and you get a car...." and everybody was jumping around like they'd all gone insane.

What bugs me about Jessica is that she acted as if she'd won the lottery.  I mean sure she wanted to get married and all, but Jessica isn't all that young and I don't think she's all that naive, I mean the woman looks about 35 IMO.  I mean the way she kept screaming, "I'M GONNA BE A WIFE," freaked me out.  I mean this isn't the  19th century when, if you didn't land a good marriage, you'd descend into poverty or something.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. And when they started the promos for the show, I remember there being a couple of articles about the fact that the promos made it seem almost like GG was accusing Mike of rape and they were quick to make it clear that that wasn't happening. I'll see if I can find those articles. Point is, it's a storyline, it's mostly bullshit just like the Lily storylines were. Not that I doubt Mike cheats, but I don't buy GG's version either. 

I have the same problem as MJ, when I try to dress up, I'm just not good at it. Only I buy stuff too big because of my boobs. But I like MJ and her mom.

• Love 1

Really? How so? She is overweight, wears wigs so who knows what her hair is like and her face is sagging. Unless she's 60, I don't see it. 

I think her skin looks amazing! Different strokes I guess. 

• Love 3

Ugh, Mike, NO GG isn't jealous of your relationship.  The way Mike goes on and on and on about himself...He thinks he's cuter and hotter than he really is.  I'd be happier with a dildo.  

I didn't know MJ wore wigs, I thought maybe extensions.  

I am so shocked that Vida wasn't a total asshole to MJ's boyfriend. Maybe she's trying something new. Reza's imitation was spot on for usual Vida.

Jessica's excitement over the engagement was OTT, someone must have lied and told her Mike is a catch.

While Vida was awful, I thought it was really messed up on MJ`s part to not even tell Vida she was seeing him. I k leave said that her mother wouldn't come if she knew he was going to be there but she didn't even appear to know of his existence which makes it awkward for everyone, particularly Charlie.