Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Surprise!

• Start Topic

I love the fact that Brandi's not drinking but she's 'loving her Xanax'.  How many of those do you suppose she's given Kim when Kim is 'anxious'?  And they don't mention this to the yoga coach.  These women have a very skewed version of what it means to be 'clean'.

Yo is officially a dimwit.  I wouldn't let Brandi mess with me, but I suppose Yo's not feeling all that well with the Lyme's, so maybe her understanding is skewed.  She seems to place a premium on people hanging out with her, whether those people are actually her friends in the real world or not.

Lisa is on the money here. Her advice is sound, Kyle again is making excuses and saying 'Lisa wouldn't have said that six months ago about Brandi'--so what?  She went through it and learned from it!  Take her fucking advice, Kyle!

I love Eileen, who thinks these women are all out of their heads. "I love therapy."  Damn straight, Eileen, me too.  

I also love Vince.  Vince is a kid who wants to see shit go down.  He's all like 'bring on the booze!'  Puckish little shit-disturber, is Vince.  The prospect of a lot of sloppy drunks talking about their vaginas gets him all giggly.  Total himbo.

edited for clarity.  I was typing as fast as I could.  

Edited by haydensterling
  • Love 10

Brandi always looks so greasy and dirty. When she was sitting on Yo's bed with her yoga shoes on- ICK. Have the housekeeper break out the bleach.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw her climb up on Yo's pristine white bedding with her nasty old street shoes and even nastier thin lycra-encased crotch ...

• Love 8

Yolanda starts talking to Brandi about her drunken behavior and how she shouldn't drink so much where she behaves like a drunken mess and Brandi's reply is "this is not about me, this is about Kim"

LisaR started talking to Brandi about her need to act like a mean girl when drunk and Brandi quickly switched the conversation to Kim, her problems and how Kim is worse than "you will ever know"

Brandi uses Kim's problems and addictions to deflect any conversation from her own problems and addictions. Kim is using Brandi to get back at her sister but on the same token Brandi is using Kim and her addictions to deflect her bad behavior.

• Love 18

Eileen and Vince are gluttons for punishment.  First poker night, now a reading? 

Kyle and Lisa --- Kyle just wants sympathy. 

Brandi - a petulant child.  She called her one child a dick on her podcast because according to her, he put a Popsicle in her lingerie drawer instead of throwing it out because the drawer was closer.  Then we see her crawl up on Yolanda's white bed with her shoes on.  Wonder where her kid learned manners from?

• Love 7

I loved Eileen's hair in the first look.  It was styled, but just on the verge of trying to frizz - very beachy.

Yes it looked nice and casual. I even liked the green dress/top she wore eating Lunch with her husband.

That being said, I don't know if I will be watching this episode. I'm tired of Brandy I'm tired of the Kim talk no matter who it is. The only portion I watched was Eileen's lunch, when they started talking about the reading and the drama that might happen thought "I'm close to being done." It is becoming tedious and I am close to the point that it's not worth sifting through the crap to see what I originally started watching the show for.

• Love 3
Eileen and Vince are gluttons for punishment.  First poker night, now a reading?

At this point they know what they're in for so I was a little surprised that Vince would think that it would be a good idea to give the women drinks before the reading. All of the wives have to have events and I'm glad that Eileen and Vince tried for something different rather than just having a dinner party since we see so many of those. Not that I don't love my dinner parties too I just like a bit of variety. 

Also, I'm a bad person because I totally smirked when the editors made the point of how most of the Housewives are failed C or D list-ish actresses on some level. I know Brandi likes to say she isn't an actress and while it's true that she isn't, I'd be willing to bet that there are some non-reality credits on her IMDB page so I almost feel like she counts especially when one of the clips from this show was of Kim helping Brandi with her lines from a script. It's interesting that Eileen is the most successful actress between the women even though she's primarily a soap actress. Lisa Rinna seems like more of a TV personality than an actress at this point. Kyle seems to get regular work but it does kind of snap it all into focus when we realize that she's more than happy to have a small part on the 120987 episode  or whatever the number is of a low-rated daytime soap. (I used to watch Days, so I'm not hating on the show, I'm just saying that I get why the editors decided to splice together those clips of these ladies acting.) Lisa and her music videos and Baywatch Nights she might just be a couple of steps above Brandi and her 90210 cameos. It's too bad that Kim isn't well enough to get more work because she probably could be capable if she were given the right role and direction but she just has no discipline at this point so I can see why people would be resistant to hiring her. I didn't see it but she had the brief appearance in Revenge where she's playing some kind of drug addict and then she had the cameo in Race to Witch Mountain. I almost wish that someone would give her a chance with a more high profile, not too challenging opportunity, but unfortunately she's just too unreliable that I honestly have difficulty picturing her even being able to make a call time. 

• Love 4
It's too bad that Kim isn't well enough to get more work because she probably could be capable if she were given the right role and direction but she just has no discipline at this point so I can see why people would be resistant to hiring her

I honestly don't remember her being all that fantastic an actress ever. And she mostly acted as a kid which is a completely different ballgame. At this point I wouldn't assume she would be any better than Kyle or Lisa--and probably not as capable as Eileen.

• Love 9

Kyle and Lisa --- Kyle just wants sympathy. 

Brandi - a petulant child.  She called her one child a dick on her podcast because according to her, he put a Popsicle in her lingerie drawer instead of throwing it out because the drawer was closer.  Then we see her crawl up on Yolanda's white bed with her shoes on.  Wonder where her kid learned manners from?

I've seen her lingerie on the show.

Maybe he was just confused about which was the trash and which was the lingerie.  

I honestly don't remember her being all that fantastic an actress ever. And she mostly acted as a kid which is a completely different ballgame. At this point I wouldn't assume she would be any better than Kyle or Lisa--and probably not as capable as Eileen.

I always thought Kim was so successful as a child/teen actor because was at the time the quintessential "All American" girl with the blond hair and blue eyes that Hollywood wanted to promote.  .

Her acting never bowled me over, either.

I found her usually to be acceptable but certainly never in a class with, say, Jodie Foster or even Tatum O'Neal when she did Paper Moon or Linda Blair when she made a succession of relatively controversial films as a teen.  

Of course, neither Tatum O'Neal nor Linda Blair have acting careers now so I guess Kim is in good company.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 12
I always thought Kim was so successful as a child/teen actor because was at the time the quintessential "All American" girl with the blond hair and blue eyes that Hollywood wanted to promote.  .

Exactly. She had a look (and her voice was cute too) that made you see why she'd be cast as often as she was, but she never gave any performances that were particularly memorable. She was more reliable than really stand-out as a personality or a performer. 

• Love 4

Exactly. She had a look (and her voice was cute too) that made you see why she'd be cast as often as she was, but she never gave any performances that were particularly memorable. She was more reliable than really stand-out as a personality or a performer. 

Precisely.

Plus I've read in more than one article that she had a photographic memory as a child.

Whether that's true or not, I have no clue, but if it is true, that would have made her a dream kid to cast.

Obviously if she did have a photographic memory that skill is long gone now.  

• Love 3

I am just wondering if Vince is going to work in any of the scintillating dialogue of Brandy and Kim's from Poker Night?  Wouldn't it be fun for a "sober" Kim to play harself and the more memorable lines from Poker Night?  I vote with Vince without Yolanda and Brandi, let these ladies have some booze for the table read.

• Love 3

It's not that I think that she ever was or is a fantastic actress. I just think that she's such an emotional, inner demon driven woman that I think with the right part and the right direction that if she played a character that touched upon the right insecurities and was an overall damaged soul like Kim that she might very well be capable of delivering something exceptionally moving. That being said I don't think she has the discipline nor do I think many people would be willing to work with her considering her unreliable reputation. I also don't think she'd necessarily be willing to take on a role that was unflattering. Kim's ego also seems very large at times and I can't see her making herself emotionally vulnerable for the sake of a film even if she is willing to do it for the RH.  

• Love 6

Precisely.

Plus I've read in more than one article that she had a photographic memory as a child.

Whether that's true or not, I have no clue, but if it is true, that would have made her a dream kid to cast.

Kim never forgets a slight. Does that count?

• Love 9

Precisely.

I don't think Kim ever had a photographic memory-I think she was able to learn and memorize lines before she could read.  Kim's memory is rather distorted to say the least.  I will say during Season 2 when she was go on and on about her childhood she seems to borrow some lines from her performance in Magnum, PI.

• Love 4

I don't think Kim ever had a photographic memory-I think she was able to learn and memorize lines before she could read.  Kim's memory is rather distorted to say the least.  I will say during Season 2 when she was go on and on about her childhood she seems to borrow some lines from her performance in Magnum, PI.

Hot damn, sometimes even this here blind acorn finds a nut.

This is from way back when she was on Hello Larry and claiming to have a photographic memory.  It's an insanely old actual newspaper clipping.  I love stumbling on really old crap like this!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=932&dat=19791123&id=A7RPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9VIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3482,5659801

Kim Richards, who stars as Ruthie Alder in NBC-TV's 'Hello Larry,' has no problems memorizing her lines.  Kim possesses a photographic memory and often learns the entire script in one quick session.   

That's from an article about Kim dated 11/23/1979.

I think maybe it was discussed in the HH book as well.

Anyway, stumbling across that old article was like a huge blast from the past!  

• Love 3

It's not that I think that she ever was or is a fantastic actress. I just think that she's such an emotional, inner demon driven woman that I think with the right part and the right direction that if she played a character that touched upon the right insecurities and was an overall damaged soul like Kim that she might very well be capable of delivering something exceptionally moving. That being said I don't think she has the discipline nor do I think many people would be willing to work with her considering her unreliable reputation. I also don't think she'd necessarily be willing to take on a role that was unflattering. Kim's ego also seems very large at times and I can't see her making herself emotionally vulnerable for the sake of a film even if she is willing to do it for the RH.  

Her last movie was in 2009, her cameo in race to Witch Mountain, before that it was 2006, Black Snake Moan, where Kim played an abusive drug addicted mother... a side character but important to the storyline. It is interesting that she played an addict.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462200/

Were Brandi and Yolanda wearing the same dress? The party actually looked fun. More lightheartedness works for me. Brandi and her negative attitude and plastic face can leave any time.

Kyle looked different at Eileen's house. The bushier eyebrows and the lack of heavy eye make up work for her.

• Love 9

It's annoying how Eileen brings up the whole Brandi said bad stuff about kyle when Lisa R is talking about kim's possible relapse. Like um yeah Eileen the big priority here is that kim didn't shut Brandi down when she said mean things about kyle. Huh??? Then she added that Kim never told Brandi otherwise. Um, I do believe that Kim had let it be know that Kyle has been there for her. Just because Kim doesn't make some public declaration defending kyle in the moment then Kim is wrong? Really is that kim's priority? This is so crazy to me

• Love 4

Vince must be watching old episodes of RHoBH. Having the character Lisa was reading only eat half a peanut. It's Yolonda! :)

And another character giving blowjobs at the poker table. Brandi? He's way more on top of things than he lets on.

I laughed out loud at that!!

"I did throw wine in her face..... on accident."

"No, Kim's not in AA, she's not in therapy, she doesn't do any of that. She took someone else's pain meds. But she's fine." -- Brandi The Delusional Granville. Who made a big mistake by dissing Mohamed in her THs.

Poor James.

And my poor ears when Brandi sang. She will absolutely humiliate herself in the hopes of being back in Lisa's good graces.

I think Eileen and Lisa R. need to back off the Help Kim train. I know they mean well, but sometimes you need to stay out of it when it's not your family.

• Love 17

For some reason Vince doesn’t seem like a very loving husband to me.  The way he was looking at Eileen when they were being seated at that restaurant was kind of like annoyance.  On the other hand, he was looking at Brandi with excitement in his eyes on poker night.  I wonder if the thrill is gone in their relationship.  I hope I’m wrong, but you know what they say about people who cheat and that was how their relationship began. 

I can’t believe how much Brandi sounded like Cameron Diaz in the karaoke scene in My Best Friend’s Wedding.  She got what she deserved showing up to a party that she knew damned well she wasn’t wanted….AGAIN!  But I guess it’s okay since she was actually invited to this one.  But to just sit there and sulk?  Why even show up?!  But I guess I forgot that she will do anything to be on camera even if it’s negative.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6

I'm guessing Lisa's toast thank you was edited, because why else would she make it all about Brandi. And as much as I hate Brandi, that jab was as cheap and unfunny as Brandi's Ebola snark. 

The rest of Kim's group intervention is getting really tiresome, let it go Rinna, she doesn't want your help.

• Love 9

I think Eileen and Lisa R. need to back off the Help Kim train. I know they mean well, but sometimes you need to stay out of it when it's not your family.

Yep.  Let Kim be Kim and mind your own business.  Just be a good friend to Kyle.

I am fascinated by Lisa V's less than perfect figure.  She just does her without any self consciousness.  I appreciate that she did not feel the need to get some work done in order to fit in with the other people around her.

• Love 9

I wish all of them would quit talking about Kim and her issues. I am tired of the Kim Richards show.

Lisa's party looked like a good time plus the bonus of no drunk arguments. It was funny how annoyed she was with Ken wanting to stop at PUMP and then...Suprise!

Still sticking to my promise not to make any comments about you know who.

• Love 16

It's annoying how Eileen brings up the whole Brandi said bad stuff about kyle when Lisa R is talking about kim's possible relapse. Like um yeah Eileen the big priority here is that kim didn't shut Brandi down when she said mean things about kyle. Huh??? Then she added that Kim never told Brandi otherwise. Um, I do believe that Kim had let it be know that Kyle has been there for her. Just because Kim doesn't make some public declaration defending kyle in the moment then Kim is wrong? Really is that kim's priority? This is so crazy to me

I think Eileen was referencing poker night at her house and Kim never did correct Brandi by telling her that Kyle has been there for her. That is why this whole thing has gotten so out of hand, Kim refuses to defend Kyle to Brandi but defends Brandi to Kyle. I think Eileen has the right to question what happened at her house and Lisa R has earned the right to question Kim's sobriety in light of the limo ride from hell with a high as a kite aggressive Kim. Both Brandi and Kim opened themselves to this kind of scrutiny because of their own behavior. 

I'm guessing Lisa's toast thank you was edited, because why else would she make it all about Brandi. And as much as I hate Brandi, that jab was as cheap and unfunny as Brandi's Ebola snark. 

The rest of Kim's group intervention is getting really tiresome, let it go Rinna, she doesn't want your help.

The toast was a joke and Lisa said that.

As for Lisa R, I agree with her, why does everyone tip toe around Kim and her addiction problem especially when she gets caught using, ignoring it does not help Kim at all.

• Love 23

There really is no escape from witch mountain. This Richards sisters storyline is never going to end. I am so bored. I'm a nice person, dammit! But these women just don't garner any sympathy from me. 

Amen to that!

I'm very tired of the Richards sisters too.

• Love 8

Brandi's Mohammad diss just proves she has never had, and never been, a true friend to anyone. It's so foreign to her that it seems "creepy."

I wish we could see Brandi and Shiva interact. Brandi is so threatened by younger more beautiful women. It was obvious with Joyce last year. And it makes sense, she can't crack her usual "you're all so old and gross! I'm so young and hot I still bleed every month see my tampon string?" routine around them. It makes me want her to still be on this show when she goes through menopause herself.

Edited by racked
  • Love 19

I think Lisa R.'s and Eileen's fixation on Kim's behavior may be two-fold: 1) I think they are nice,compassionate people and Kim Richards is a drowning rat they want to throw a life preserver to, and 2) They're savvy enough to realize how Bravo is turning Kim's deadly serious problem into entertainment and want it on tape that they at least tried, just in case shit explodes in Bravo's face and Kim kills herself or, God forbid, gets behind the wheel of a car and kills someone else.

I don't think they actually think they can save Kim, but not getting involved isn't a great option either. I think I'd go along with Aileen and Lisa saying it's their moral responsibility to do something.  Far too often no one speaks out, or thinks something is someone else's responsibility, and then a tragedy strikes, and we ask, "Why didn't anyone see the warning signs?!"

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 23

There really is no escape from witch mountain. This Richards sisters storyline is never going to end. I am so bored. I'm a nice person, dammit! But these women just don't garner any sympathy from me. 

I am a nice person too and I don't care either.  I don't want to see anyone make a fool of themselves, but Kim is choosing this lifestyle for herself and there really is nothing anyone can do about it.  They have talked to her and she does not care what her family thinks so what acquaintances think is not going to register with her.  Lets move on until she actually asks for help.

As for Lisa R, I agree with her, why does everyone tip toe around Kim and her addiction problem especially when she gets caught using, ignoring it does not help Kim at all.

Because there is no reason for anyone to get worked up when Kim will not hear what they are saying to her.  She isn't going to say "I appreciate that you pointed out that I am an addict."  She is going to deny and mount some ridiculous defense of her behavior.  She is going to yell and scream and roll her eyes and make the person who pointed out the obvious the villain.

Pretend she is sober and keep it moving.  Make sure there are no sharp objects and make sure she does not have any car keys.

• Love 8

The toast was a joke and Lisa said that.

I know Lisa said it was a "joke", but it wasn't funny and both Kim and Yo thought it was uncalled for.  I thought it was almost as bad as Brandi's joke about sending Kyle to Ebola town.

I agree about not tip-toeing around Kim's addiction, but I am just so bored with them going on and on about it.  Kim needs to be taken care of by professionals outside of the show, because it is not entertaining and I'm tired of them talking about it.

• Love 4

I am a nice person too and I don't care either.  I don't want to see anyone make a fool of themselves, but Kim is choosing this lifestyle for herself and there really is nothing anyone can do about it.  They have talked to her and she does not care what her family thinks so what acquaintances think is not going to register with her.  Lets move on until she actually asks for help.

Because there is no reason for anyone to get worked up when Kim will not hear what they are saying to her.  She isn't going to say "I appreciate that you pointed out that I am an addict."  She is going to deny and mount some ridiculous defense of her behavior.  She is going to yell and scream and roll her eyes and make the person who pointed out the obvious the villain.

Pretend she is sober and keep it moving.  Make sure there are no sharp objects and make sure she does not have any car keys.

No, pretending all is fine equates to enabling IMO. If Kim doesn't want to get and stay clean so be it but people do not have to put up with it nor do they have to just ignore the very pink high elephant in the room. They don't have to get nasty or angry about to her but I see no problem with saying, "Hey Kim, your high, on something, you need to leave".

• Love 16