Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Surprise!

• Start Topic

I think that is because you never see it unless her butt is encased in heavy duty Spanx.... Lisa is like Truvy and Claree from Steel Magnolias - her thighs never go out of the house without Lycra on them....    ;-)

It seems to be a major Beverly Hills faux pas to go to any function without Spanx surrounding your bottom half and legs whether you need them or not. It almost seems counterproductive to the new rage for huge derrieres by encasing it in spandex but that's how they roll. I even noticed that Ariana from Vanderpump Rules had Spanx on when she was bent over and kissed by Tom on the staircase as they were introduced in the wedding party for Sheana. I had to back up twice to be sure and yep, there they were, black Spanx. Ariana weighs about as much as my left leg (a joke) she's fit, young and not an ounce of fat on her. So, why the Spanx, I just don't get it?

• Love 1

In her blog Kim only says she did not relapse with alcohol. I beleive that to be true. She mentions that they other ladies questioned whether she was taking pills but she never confirms or denies this. I also agree that Kim did not write that blog herself.

Kim makes sobriety incredibly complicated.  It is a great way to divert attention from herself.  So far we have Kim glowing in the aftermath her sister and friend are vying for her approval, the dying husband, the anger at Eileen for having the nerve to bring up the situation, because Kim doesn't like someone who talks about someone she loves. 

I don't know if Mr. Vulture is versed in rehab and living a sober life but it really isn't up to Kyle to call and check in on her sister to see that she is going to meetings.  I do think Kyle is playing the dumb dog card here-I think "I don't know", when asked about Kims program is a polite way of saying-"Kim had a life coach, she doesn't do meetings or therapy or have a sponsor."  Then it become why isn't Kyle facilitating getting Kim these services.  I have a better idea-why doesn't Kathy Hilton do all these things people want to charge Kyle with providing for Kim.  Kathy has at least one kid who has been through rehab recently and seems to be in trouble for taking a sleeping pill.  Maybe Kathy could do the group approach. 

the vulture real housewives of beverly hills

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Kim did correct her when they were on the driveway.

Kim did not correct Brandi. She did not tell her that Kyle has been there for her, not in Eileen's driveway, not at her house after getting out of the hospital. We have yet to hear Kim tell Brandi she is wrong.

• Love 5

I think Kyle has been there for Kim sometimes in the last 30 years, but that doesn't mean she's been there for Kyle since they wrapped last season of RHBH.  That seems to be what Kim's saying, and it's certainly what Brandi is implying.

It wouldn't surprise me, and that's Kyle's prerogative.  Just own it and stop pretending, stop talking about how hard it all is for you.  Your sister seems thisclose to possibly dying, it's NOT all about you Kyle.  I think that's why Eileen tried that lunch meeting.

Lead that pack, Pinky.

Oh she is!

I was kind of disappointed in Lisa though.  I generally admire her for her skill in decimating someone with very little blood on her hands.  She didn't manage that this time.  She's entitled to it after last season...but still?  Not as much fun for me with her being so publicly rude.  The "joke" toast wasn't funny, it lacked her normal finesse.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

Kim did not correct Brandi. She did not tell her that Kyle has been there for her, not in Eileen's driveway, not at her house after getting out of the hospital. We have yet to hear Kim tell Brandi she is wrong.

Yes, she did.

How is Kim deflecting? They asked if she's ok and she again admitted to taking a pain pill and was worried about her own self-isolation which has been a triggering behavior for her in the past. People are too desperate to get Kim to say the words "by taking a pain pill that was not prescribed to me, I relapsed." She needs to say it, don't get me wrong, but she needs to say it to herself...and that can't be forced. Jennifer Gimenez has her own issues, number 1 being that she not only does not call Brandi out for her own addiction but in the past has had her write articles for a sober living magazine. I hate that simplistic "if you spot it, you got it!" AA shit. She doesn't even know if Kim is in a 12 Step program. There are other methods of recovery.

Lisa R is taking this way too far. Why can't she call Kim and say "listen, I don't know if you remember but in the limo you repeatedly referred to me as being "a fucking disgusting person" and were generally erratic the whole night. You seemed high. Do you need help?" If she says no, walk away. No need to get validation from the entire cast.

Exactly, it's like they expect Kim to give some big speech about it and drag on and on about it until they are satisfied and my thinking is ummmm why does kim owe such a display to these women? Yes I get it, it was awkward, rude etc. etc. but for pity's sake if you want her to apologize for her behavior than ask for it but if it's about her addiction then the whole rude, apologize part of it is unnecessary. I'm under the impression that their concern is for Kim and the disturbing behavior which kim addressed. I don't think it's about Lisa R and Eileen needing her to apologize so I don't get it. I hate this whole thing where Kim needs to say things in a "specific way" before anyone validates what she says. Said it before, say it again. Yolanda did it so beautifully!! 

• Love 4

I think Kyle has been there for Kim sometimes in the last 30 years, but that doesn't mean she's been there for Kyle since they wrapped last season of RHBH.  That seems to be what Kim's saying, and it's certainly what Brandi is implying.

It wouldn't surprise me, and that's Kyle's prerogative.  Just own it and stop pretending, stop talking about how hard it all is for you.  Your sister seems thisclose to possibly dying, it's NOT all about you Kyle.  I think that's why Eileen tried that lunch meeting.

Oh she is!

I was kind of disappointed in Lisa though.  I generally admire her for her skill in decimating someone with very little blood on her hands.  She didn't manage that this time.  She's entitled to it after last season...but still?  Not as much fun for me with her being so publicly rude.  The "joke" toast wasn't funny, it lacked her normal finesse.

I think she was drunk.

• Love 2

(edit)

Kyle doesn't know if Kim's got a counselor, doesn't know if Kim's in a program, won't take the calls, she is over it.  That's fine, IF she would simply tell the truth to Kim and to the other wives about it.  Instead, it's ALL about Kyle, how hard this has been for her, and pretending she still is there for Kim.  I don't think she has been for a while now, and again, THAT is fine, but stop pretending, stop making it all about you.  Your sister is in crises, and if can't, or won't, help her anymore, then back the fuck off, because public humiliation for a Bravo story is simply repulsive to me.

ETA

Actually, if Kyle would drop her martyr act and tell Kim something like:

"I love you, and always will.  I just can't deal with this anymore.  I want you to get help, and here are some numbers of good programs, or this great therapist I found would be a good fit for you I think.  Until then though?  We need to take a break.  I need off of this merry go round for my own well being.  I wish you the best." 

It might be the best thing for Kim ever.

Yolanda was the only one to say and do the right thing.  Standing ovation for that.

I agree - I thought what Yolanda did was kind and direct.  Yolanda has been mostly MIA this season, but when she's showed up, she's been surprisingly level headed and likable.  I even like how she deals with Brandi - when Brandi says "those women are so judgmental," Yolanda calmly says, "Yes, but you've given them reason to be."  Go Yo.

Others have noted that Kyle looked bad, not knowing about whether or not Kim has a sober coach, is she in recovery, etc.  I suspect that Kyle does know the answers to those questions - she's just not willing to answer it on camera.  Any time someone brings up Kim's sobriety in front of Kyle, she gets a full on "deer in the headlights" look - I think she was pilloried not just by the Internet, but also by her own family, for "outing" Kim in the limo in season one, and she lives in fear of doing it again.

What's funny is that, for years and years, I still thought that declaration was the meanest thing I've ever seen on one of those shows, but I get it now.  She was just fed up and lost her temper.  (Not to mention that Kim had just shrieked at her "you stole my house!" - a pretty vicious, and untrue, accusation of her own.)  I think she practically has PTSD about the whole thing and doesn't want to say a word - remember the limo ride home from Poker Night, with Lisa Rinna?  Kyle literally wouldn't say a thing.

I think I would like Kyle about 300% more if she didn't insist on making every situation about her, but sigh, that seems unlikely to happen.

And I also add my voice to those who are a little sad that Mauricio has been MIA this season. I hope things are okay with them.  With her sisters turning on her, I do hope her husband is still there for her.  Their marriage was so solid and such a source of happiness for her at the start of the series, I would hate to see her lose it.  I don't like everything about Kyle, not at all, but for some reason, possibly misguided, I have a bit of a soft spot for her.  I think she has a good heart underneath all her histrionics. 

Edited by ottergirl
  • Love 10

Oh she is!

Kim's complaints seem to stem from late spring and early summer and Kyle not being there.  It seems Brandi would have been in NYC for six weeks immediately after filming the Reunion.  Kim is the one implying, Brandi is the one saying it.  Is Kyle not entitled to vacation with her family-because I see that as the time period Kim has her knickers in a knot over. 

Now Kim is "this close to dying" and Kyle has ignored her?  By the very nature of the RH shows there is always a certain amount of finger pointing but this is a case where there are no specifics.  Kim has a support group right under her own roof, another sister with four adult children.  If Kim's life depends on Kyle "being there for her" she needs a lot more help than then her 5 or was 6 or was it 7 or was 9 day hospital stay. 

Kim needs to stand alone and appreciate when others are there to help her instead of basing her happiness on others' commitment to taking care of Kim.

• Love 4

She has the best figure of all of them IMO. She has a tiny waist and curves.

She is defensive and I'm pretty sure there is great anxiety when confronted with her failures. She has a lot of problems and I think that that kind of confrontation of admitting her odd behavior is the right thing to do, it might be too much for her to handle. It is very difficult and probably shameful so she isn't equipped emotionally to deal with it. She is broken, it happens. I'm surprised at the lack of compassion for the mentally unstable and the stigma and lack of understanding from the general public about mental health issues. They are devastating to those who suffer from them. Relationships are so complicated and the avoidance of the shame they feel is a natural reaction. I am a mental health professional and all I can say is, you can't expect the kind of behavior that healthy person might show.

I really think Lisa V has been the voice of reason so far until that shameful toast. How rude was that?

I think she's human and doesn't always resist the temptation of getting even. She's cleverer, because she thinks about it. This makes her a "chess player" to those who possess less intelligence and self-control.

She has many admirable qualities, but she is not incapable of acting out.

• Love 5

If Brandi had made that joke, the "wives" would probably take a small break from gossiping about Kim, and shift to "Brandi needs to apologize!  She's so crass!"

Ditto if Brandi had been screaming at Kyle's party, or double-birded ANYONE.

It's just old now.

• Love 1

To go old school, back from the time Kim and Kyle were young?  WORD.

I don't think a recovering addict should necessarily take on the stress of having a dying cancer patient in their home either.

It's not about who does all of the feeding, or bathing, or any of the other many "jobs" a dying person may need either, and it doesn't matter if Hospice helps you out, or you have nurses.  God bless them for all they do, but it's the one who lives there and doesn't go home who deals with the day to day, the talks about death, or realizing someone they love will no longer be around, and is wasting away.  The emotional impact is devastating, and very draining, and scary, and brings your own mortality into sharp focus.

When they were filming, Monty was not in remission, he was told he had about two months to live.  (Something close to that from his instagram posts.)  It's hard.  Also, it's not as if a cancer patient has a ton of offers from people to take them into their home to die.  Most people avoid that, and don't, or can't deal with that kind of situation.  Even if they can, is it a place where the person feels comfortable, and loved, and accepted?  If you are dying and you have a bunch of people offering to let you die at their place, and you would feel comfortable accepting any of those offers?  You are a very lucky person. 

I've been working in cancer support for 15 years, stronger people than Kim have crumbled under the weight of this, no matter how much "help" they have.

I absolutely do not believe that Kim took him in to get her hands on drugs.  She obviously, and admittedly, did, at least once.

The thing about Kim is, she IS fragile.  She IS an admitted addict.  She DID (probably) take on too much.  I think she may have felt she was stronger than she really was.

Brandi seems to know she's not the one to be there for Kim at this stage, but she has taken those phone calls, has invited her over for BBQs with her kids, and now, I think she wants out, but doesn't know how to get there, and doesn't want Kim to have no one.  Maybe that's why she's now so involved with Kathy, a way to get Kim some more support, and possibly someone in Kim's family who will show up for her.

Kyle doesn't know if Kim's got a counselor, doesn't know if Kim's in a program, won't take the calls, she is over it.  That's fine, IF she would simply tell the truth to Kim and to the other wives about it.  Instead, it's ALL about Kyle, how hard this has been for her, and pretending she still is there for Kim.  I don't think she has been for a while now, and again, THAT is fine, but stop pretending, stop making it all about you.  Your sister is in crises, and if can't, or won't, help her anymore, then back the fuck off, because public humiliation for a Bravo story is simply repulsive to me.

ETA

Actually, if Kyle would drop her martyr act and tell Kim something like:

"I love you, and always will.  I just can't deal with this anymore.  I want you to get help, and here are some numbers of good programs, or this great therapist I found would be a good fit for you I think.  Until then though?  We need to take a break.  I need off of this merry go round for my own well being.  I wish you the best." 

It might be the best thing for Kim ever.

Yolanda was the only one to say and do the right thing.  Standing ovation for that.

Whether it was a good idea or not to extend Monty a place to live is pretty irrelevant.  Regardless of Kim being an addict or not it is difficult to lose a close friend.  Maybe Kim needs to be in a different type of support group.  She apparently does not want to hear from Eileen who has lost two siblings recently. Brandi and her dramatics about Monty dying before Kim are unnecessary.

Kyle is respecting Kim's wishes by not discussing her support system and Kyle has maintained since Kim went into rehab-it is Kim's story to tell.  Kim may not confide in Kyle what tools she uses.  Kyle was very supportive of Kim when the other ladies made fun of her for praying next to the trash can.  No where has anyone said Kyle stopped taking Kim's calls.  Who is anyone to say that Kyle "is over" her sister?  If Kim does not want the help or continues to maintain a vicious dog that is not Kyle's responsibility.  Does Kim ever invite Kyle's family over?  Or does she just invite Kyle over when she house full of sick people knowing Kyle is leaving the country the next day?  What good is a beat down Kyle to Kim?  Kim getting her way and running Kyle into the ground doesn't better Kim's sobriety.  Kyle had every right to feel good about herself, not worry about her sister's new BFF taking pot shots at her and tend to her family and their needs as her priority.  Kim is on the second tier of people she needs to be there for-her children should always come first.

As far as the sisters and Bravo go-it is fairly evident that Kim has elected to disengage with Kyle since the Gay Mixer.  Kyle can't force and the other women can't make it happen.  Kim can't put her sister on ignore and then claim she is not there for her.  Kim does not claim to be in crisis and the more the issue is pursued the more KIm gets her hackles up-Kyle is staying out of it because she knows how Kim is.

I think the double finger was far more effective in conveying Kyle's feelings.  Kim knows the resources available to her, it is not Kyle's job  and if she doesn't want Kyle in her life walk away.  It has and always will be Kim who shuts Kyle out not the other way around.  I don't think Bravo would mind if Kim walked.

• Love 9

I really hate how Brandi praises people for taking her under  their wings...but then later, inevitably, pounces on the same people for "mothering" her. Like right now, Yolanda's "guidance" is welcomed, just as Lisa's used to be.

Kyle's hair looked fabulous in the limo. And Lisa was acting uncharacteristically silly at her party. And I like Lisa R. enough but, oh my goodness, she's veering on creepster a little bit with Kim's issues.

• Love 4

I think whoever wrote Kim's blog for her failed to get her voice down, except for her inability to take responsibility -- and used "preemptively" when they meant "with premeditation."  The whole blog is a marvel of smarminess.  I'm starting to wonder if her absolute refusal to admit that she fell off  and was off the wagon has anything to do with the dog lawsuit issues.  She's missing a real opportunity, at any rate -- If she could cop to it, her story would be much more interesting and worthy of attention and respect. 

She's played out her hand when it comes to sympathy on the addiction and mental illness fronts.  I deal with both everyday and am far from perfect -- I'm also not on TV getting paid to entertain and represent, and am not lying season after season about my issues while demanding to be respected.  Eventually, the well of compassion begins to run dry when all that's coming in the other direction is dishonesty and disrespect for one's audience.  She is wasted in most of the talking heads I've seen so far -- and whatever it is that's bringing her to that point is something she's keeping to herself.  That in my book makes her not only a user but an asshole. 

It's one thing to say, I deserve my privacy and don't need to share whatever.  True that.  But LYING on top of it repeatedly, consistently, and then trying to garner additional support just because--that's just really gross.  Unless she's a schizophrenic, and I don't believe that she is for one hot second, there is no excuse for this kind of thing.  She needs to be fired. 

I do agree that the women exaggerate their level of care and involvement when it comes to Kim -- they think it makes for good TV.  I also agree they are working off a loose script.  But they can walk and chew gum -- I think they're all working this but also hoping that this stupid woman doesn't kill herself and their show. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 5

No, what you just said is not insensitive at all. This season has evolved into one main theme, the addiction of Kim Richards. As Brandi was on the beach talking to her friend Jennifer, who is a recovering addict and addiction specialist, my ears stood up because she was giving Brandi the straight-up reality of what recovery involves.

"she relapsing, you don't take someone else's pills"

"if you spot it, you got it"

"she shouldn't be in those circles yet"

"It took five years of my sobriety to finally be out on my own"

"does she go to meetings, does she have a sponsor, does she go to therapy, is she involved in all that stuff"

"do you have the tools to save her or help her?"

Coming from an expert in the field of addiction, I hope Brandi seriously considered all Jennifer had said and really learns by it. We know this is a show built around superficiality but when it becomes merely a vehicle for garnishing ratings numbers or showmanship at the cost of the mental and physical health of one individual then it becomes something vile and reprehensible.

Brandi admitted that she did not know if Kim had a sponsor, if she was going to meetings.....for someone that says she is THAT close to Kim, she didn't seem to know much. AND Brandi made this talk with Jennifer more about her than her fears for Kim IMO.

It certainly is production driven, but I don't understand why the focus is so heavily on Kim.  Her issues have been evident for so many seasons, it's old news for the viewers.

The addition of Lisa Rinna, Eileen Davidson, with  Lisa Vanderpump and yes, Yolanda, really could give this show some glamour, and there is so much about the lives of these women that is interesting.  Someone mentioned in an earlier episode how they would have loved to see Yolanda's trip to Italy - I would have liked that too.  I liked the scenes of Eileen on set at the soap opera. 

Instead we get Kim? Episode after episode, season after season?  I just don't understand why Bravo is still on this and not focusing on the lives of these other women.

I think it is quite possible that the producers have had enough of covering up Kim's slip ups. There were reports about Kim getting really messed up in PR last season yet we saw nothing on the show, they edited it out and it was Brandi that put Kim on blast for it via twitter.

Or maybe "Kim you're acting inappropriately, you need to leave". Seems like a perfectly good way to handle a situation as well. No need to continue aggressively confronting each and every episode by referring to addictions unless of course its appealing to some. 

I really do wish they would make both Kim and Brandi leave when they are high/drunk at any event/gathering AND show it, not just edit it out.

Exactly! And I get it's frustrating but honestly I can't get behind the intensity surrounding it. Yes it's a serious issue. Yes Poker night was no Bueno. But Jeez Louise, speak on it, state your peace and leave it at that. The need to start crucifying Kim because she's not following the "recovering addict" script to the T is what's disturbing me. And if you notice (and I think Lisa R is funny as hell and a great addition) Lisa is a bit inappropriate in her talking heads sometimes when addressing Kim and the addiction storyline. I mean hey it's cool to try and be lighthearted about something to lighten up the topic but get a hint of insensitivity coming from her sometimes when she make her little quips and facial expressions. For the most part she discusses it in a serious manner but then she throws me off by being a bit jokety mean spirited. I never think its okay to throw shade when it comes to addiction but its definitely understandable when it's be dealt with over and over again sure. But Lisa just got there and already she feels justified in throwing out little quips about Kims sobriety/non sobriety. Not cool. I really, really love the addition of Lisa R except for this and I hope she reels it in cause I'm still liking her in spite of this but if she keeps it up or it intensifies then it'll start to seriously bug. I also love how level headed she is with it all and I hope she's just as level headed when it becomes obvious that it's time to stop because as stated in the quote above. How many times are you going to keep bringing up the grass is green?

Also have to agree with the part about these women thinking that Kim hasn't stumbled around for 30 years and Kim hasn't heard this before. Kyle admitted that the family wouldn't speak on it but that doesn't mean that other people in Kim's' life have never spoken up about it. I think that's the other thing that bugs about these women. They seem to think like they are the first ones to "really" broach this subject with Kim. I mean really? Seriously? They're kidding right?

Most of the comments made by Lisa R and Eileen have been in their TH segments. They are asked questions by a producer and they give their opinion then it is up to production to edit their comments. I really doubt that all either of these women talk about is Kim and or Brandi but this is what production wants us to hear. Blame editing for all the Kim/Brandi addiction talk. JMO

• Love 5

Oh she is!

I think the key thing with Kyle is that she seems to have been blindsided by the drama this time. She thought Kim was in a good place, she thought she and Kim were in a good place, she felt comfortable enough with Brandi to reflect back on some of the dysfunctional family history with her and, then... BOOM. I think that doesn't mean that Kyle wouldn't have been there for Kim if she'd asked, or indicate that she had distanced herself, Kim just seems to have taken the drama to Brandi's door. I don't think Kim wanted help with keeping her sobriety, she wants what Brandi is offering - someone who agrees that you are sober until you say you're not.

I wonder if Lisa had already had a few drinks before that toast? Mind you, making Brandi dance like an organ grinder's monkey for her own amusement and that of her guests is totally who I think Lisa is, but she normally does have more finesse.

• Love 5

Yes, she did.

No, she did not. Eileen even said that in her TH and blog. As of yet, Kim has not told Brandi that Kyle has been there for her and to stop saying/lying about it. She, Kim, has told Kyle that she has been there for her but not Brandi.

• Love 3

What I want to ask Lisa Rinna is, what interventions did her family attempt with her two brother in laws? Is the reason she is all over this acquaintance's problems because they didn't intervene? Also, to have two genetically related relatives die from alcoholism points to a predisposition in my opinion and her girls are at an increased risk of substance abuse. Maybe she should focus on abstaining herself and teaching them the dangers of alcohol because it is of the most dangerous of addictions.

• Love 3

I felt bad for Brandi at the party.  Yes, she's an asshole who did more than enough to karmically deserve it, but there's still something about Lisa's behavior that I thought was off-putting.  Maybe it was that for the first time in many episodes I felt like Brandi was exposed and authentic.  Not in her TH's, but in being at the party, without her alcohol or any friends, really.  I thought she was trying, I think she genuinely wants to be liked by Ken (and Lisa). it would've been nice to see that translate into some kind of a genuine "moving forward" moment.  I reserve the right to change this perspective next week when she's a dick again.

With Kim...I'm no expert when it comes to sobriety or psychology, so this is just a random feeling more than anything else, but it seems like feeding into her whole MY LIFE IS SO HARD narrative isn't necessarily the most helpful thing.  It reinforces her victim mentality, and this idea that she's not in control of her choices.  Obviously she has things happening around her that are awful and uncontrollable.  But...couldn't she change the way she engages with those things?  Like maybe hire a caregiver for Monty so you don't feel the full burden of taking care of him, for example.

I dunno.  It's easy to say stuff from here, it just seems to me like they need to reframe it so Kim has more agency in her life.  And the more they validate her hard luck story, the easier I think it'd be for Kim to rationalize a pill or a drink to cope with reality.  Like I said, though, I've no real clue when it comes to this stuff.

On a totally unrelated note, Kathy Hilton seemed off to me.  I think this is the first time I remember her on this show with a smile (it seemed forced, imho) instead of being...kind of a dark vortex.  It was weird.

Oh good gawd, not me.

That would just be her guaranteed return ticket back onto the show next season.

I hope they all continue to treat her like the pariah she is so that Bravo cuts her loose.  

(ETA:  And that she takes the Queen of Denial Kim with her on her way out)

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4
I think the key thing with Kyle is that she seems to have been blindsided by the drama this time. She thought Kim was in a good place, she thought she and Kim were in a good place, she felt comfortable enough with Brandi to reflect back on some of the dysfunctional family history with her and, then... BOOM.

I really don't think so.

Kyle even said she hasn't seen much of Kim lately, she's been busy.  Also, Kyle is sneaky, and uses people to do her dirtywork.  Kyle doesn't NEED to say anything, just feed information to the clueless Lipsa, and let her spill it all.  Or participate in gossip with the other wives, try to make her botoxed face look worried and just drop huge hints so THEY can discuss her sister.

Oh My God. Can the 12 step/intervention either happen or not already so we can move on? I really don't give a shit anymore. For the record I think Brandi isn't an addict, but should take a step back when she's stressed and Kim is not going to ever be totally sober. Ever. This is her life, it is what it is. Not everybody's life is going to go the way everyone thinks it should. It sucks, but it doesn't mean she doesn't have a life.

On to important shit: what the fuck Kyle? Don't ever wear that black pants/silver top thing again. In fact burn both pieces. Hated Brandi's dress (overworked), liked LisaV's but thought it was a bit too tight, liked LisaR's ok, Yo's was ok? I think I don't really remember. Actually liked Kim's, but I don't like her hair this season. It looks scraggly. Loved Eileen's. Laughed my ass off at Kathy Hilton's. What was that that cheap looking thing? Did she go shopping at Forever 21?

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 9

Exactly! And I get it's frustrating but honestly I can't get behind the intensity surrounding it. Yes it's a serious issue. Yes Poker night was no Bueno. But Jeez Louise, speak on it, state your peace and leave it at that

Boo Hoo, poor , poor Kim , everybody is using and abusing a simple incident at poker night to create a story line for themselves, they should leave her alone and not pick on her , BS

Let's call names here, who is the one who has used Kim's addictions as her main story line? Brandi , that is who

Thanks to Brandi we have learned that Kim "fell of the wagon whether she wants to admit it or not", we learned about the ominoous phone calls at 2:00 a.m. where someone was treatening to kill himself or helself, we have also learn about some suspicious patches and especulation has run rampant about the nature of such patches, we have also heard from Brandi that Kim's addictions are "worse than you will ever knoew" and that "you have no idea" about it. We have also learned that if anybody talkes about kim's addictions she will kill that person and kill herself. Brandi had no problems putting all this information out there with cameras filming to Lisa R and then her friend Jenniffer.

Furthermore, the ill idea of hosting and intervention for Kim came from Brandi's lips. Brandi, kim's BFF and confidant is the one who suggested it. Brandi is the one who is getting the most mileage out of this because she wants to be perceived as a great friend and person who is protecting poor kim Richards against her evil sister, in the meantime if she has to spill the beans to make herself look better so be it.

LisaR witnesses very strange behavior in that limo ride, then the nasty behavior during poker night, add to that the information that Brandi told her and of course she is worried, of course she thinks that something really bad is going to happen and needs to be handled? can you blame her? LisaR was told by Brandi that Kim's situation is "worse than you will ever know", she was told that Kim might kill herself if anybody tries to bring the subject up, she has expressed her concern about how "fragile" Kim is , no wonder LisaR is worried and concerned, is it her place to be? probably not, should they do it in front of cameras? agin probably not.

Unfortunately these women are living their lives in front of the cameras, that is what they signed up for,

• Love 16

What I want to ask Lisa Rinna is, what interventions did her family attempt with her two brother in laws? Is the reason she is all over this acquaintance's problems because they didn't intervene? Also, to have two genetically related relatives die from alcoholism points to a predisposition in my opinion and her girls are at an increased risk of substance abuse. Maybe she should focus on abstaining herself and teaching them the dangers of alcohol because it is of the most dangerous of addictions.

I am sure that Lisa R and Harry have had some talks with their daughters. She said this hit Harry pretty hard, he had to go ID his 1 brothers body and made the decision to stop drinking himself right there and then. I got the feeling that he recognized the dangers for himself and for their girls.  

Maybe that is why she is so worried about both Kim and Brandi and the drugs/drinking, because they were not able to reach his brothers.

• Love 9

I am sure that Lisa R and Harry have had some talks with their daughters. She said this hit Harry pretty hard, he had to go ID his 1 brothers body and made the decision to stop drinking himself right there and then. I got the feeling that he recognized the dangers for himself and for their girls.  

Maybe that is why she is so worried about both Kim and Brandi and the drugs/drinking, because they were not able to reach his brothers.

Yet, every time I see her she has a glass of wine in her hand. Lead by example.

• Love 1

She has the best figure of all of them IMO. She has a tiny waist and curves.

She is defensive and I'm pretty sure there is great anxiety when confronted with her failures. She has a lot of problems and I think that that kind of confrontation of admitting her odd behavior is the right thing to do, it might be too much for her to handle. It is very difficult and probably shameful so she isn't equipped emotionally to deal with it. She is broken, it happens. I'm surprised at the lack of compassion for the mentally unstable and the stigma and lack of understanding from the general public about mental health issues. They are devastating to those who suffer from them. Relationships are so complicated and the avoidance of the shame they feel is a natural reaction. I am a mental health professional and all I can say is, you can't expect the kind of behavior that healthy person might show.

I really think Lisa V has been the voice of reason so far until that shameful toast. How rude was that?

I do think Kim has some serious mental health issues but they will never be addressed or revealed because Kim values her privacy over everything else.  I don't even know if she has shared a diagnosis with either Kathy or Kyle or maybe she has and that is the secret Kyle fears she has confided in Brandi.  So what are the others to do when Kim's behavior and the aftermath seem to dominate their social outings?   It generally isn't polite to assume or accuse someone of being mentally ill. At this point it almost seems to me as if Kim would like to exit the show and more importantly take her sister with her because RHOBH is still Kyle's success and Kim doesn't deal well with Kyle being successful.

Lisa did pretty much to Kyle when she was on the outs.  She rallied her friends together to minimize Kyle's importance in their lives and tried a total shut out.   

• Love 4

Well....the next glass of wine you may see Lisar holding could become a projectile....if previews are any indication.   ;-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6

I'm not sure I understand why LisaR should abstain from alcohol.  She is not an alcoholic; Harry's brothers were.  I think teaching how to drink responsibly is a good idea, but I don't see why she has to abstain.  I don't think we've ever seen her even close to drunk on the show.

• Love 24

Why should she stop drinking if she is not drinking to excess or not getting drunk? Showing responsibility when drinking is also teaching your kids or as you say, "leading by example" I have 2 brothers that have drinking problems, I myself drink very little alcohol, the same with my husband, and we taught our son that if you drink you need to drink responsibly, not get drunk, have 1 and be done and he got that message as he is a 1 and done himself.

• Love 13
When that part came on I pointed out all the vitamins to my husband, and his response was, "She must have really expensive pee."

If Bravo can do an entire show about people sitting around watching TV, I think they should do an entire show centered around nothing but husbands reacting to being shown different situations on RH shows. If I ever show my husband a scene from any RH show, or read him a quote, his response is always hilarious and on the money, in the "it's funny cuz it's true" sense. Must be something about such husbands having just enough distance to nail these women with diamond-cutter precision. It's a show I'd watch! Edited by pbutler111
  • Love 6

Wrong Harry Hamlin  excuse the post

Edited by zoeysmom

So Brandi is doing a cleanse with Yolanda and can't drink alcohol for 21 days. Now, she may not be shaking and going through serious DTs, but the first thing she said to Yo was that she misses it and finds life "boring". To me, that indicates SOME sort of a problem with alcohol. She may not be Kim level bad, but she has a concerning relationship with alcohol, that's for sure. 

This is definitely an indicator of dependence.  That she finds life and/or herself "boring" without being drunk, is sad.  I really hope for her kids' sake that she cleans herself up.  The message that "Drinking makes you fun and likeable!" is a dangerous one for young people.

I don't know if it's enough to call Brandi an alcoholic. I think her dependence on alcohol is indicative of the fact that she has nothing going on in her life besides the HW show, which pretty much defeats the entire purpose of being on the show. Brandi needs to get a job or a charity or something to fill the rest of her days. Her storyline can't just be chugging pinot and dropping 'truth' bombs. Even the kids on Vanderpump Rules take on the occasional 6-hour shift. If the cameras aren't on Brandi, and the kids aren't around, I suspect she's chillin' at home with a glass (read: bottle) of vino.

ETA: I could say the same about Kim but I think it's clear, by her own admission, that she's an alcoholic.

Edited by rho
  • Love 2

I do think Kim has some serious mental health issues but they will never be addressed or revealed because Kim values her privacy over everything else.  I don't even know if she has shared a diagnosis with either Kathy or Kyle or maybe she has and that is the secret Kyle fears she has confided in Brandi.  So what are the others to do when Kim's behavior and the aftermath seem to dominate their social outings?

I think it's a stretch to say that Kim's behavior dominants social outings. I mean the ONE incident keeps being brought up at different social gatherings so that's how it's dominating it but so far it seems that Kim's altered state behavior affected ONE social gathering SO FAR as we have seen SINCE her sobriety (so no I don't believe in bringing up past seasons because I consider that crucifying her over and over again) and the rest of these awkward social moments are because of this overbearing need to "get a handle on it". I mean come on ladies this was ONE display that they have personally been privy to. This level of involvement just seems so counterproductive. Even if there seems to be an overwhelming sense of what's really going on that's not enough to go to an apprehensive addict and get them to live life accordingly. To speak on things that the addict knows isn't coming from a first hand experience (because one incident that he has already explained isn't really enough) is the perfect excuse to give an addict to retreat and dismiss what you have to say because quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about and in essence it's the truth. You can't go with assumptions, gut feelings, recognizing behavior and ONE witnessed episode. Doesn't hold  water with the reluctant addict. Even I know that so this approach is just so futile and the lack of common sense is what tells me these women are DEFINITELY not equipped to even approach it so it just seems insulting to me. No matter how much they throw around the phrase "social responsibility". They mean social MEDIA responsibility. LOL!

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 4

I really don't think so.

Kyle even said she hasn't seen much of Kim lately, she's been busy.  Also, Kyle is sneaky, and uses people to do her dirtywork.  Kyle doesn't NEED to say anything, just feed information to the clueless Lipsa, and let her spill it all.  Or participate in gossip with the other wives, try to make her botoxed face look worried and just drop huge hints so THEY can discuss her sister.

I really think that long limo ride with whackadoo Kim had a big effect on Lisa Rinna's view of things. I do think that without saying so, she's advocating for her friend Kyle, but it was Brandi who brought Kim into their lunch discussion and proposed an intervention. And Kyle can gossip with the other women all she likes, and I do think they're getting earfuls off camera, but I'm certain at this point that wouldn't include Brandi, and it's Brandi bringing her buddy the addictions counselor on camera to have leading conversations about Kim . It looks to me like Brandi has decided to rehab her own image by being the bestest, most caring, concerned friend ever. And maybe this is how Brandi conceives friendship, this kind of codependent pairing, no interlopers allowed, not even family. Pick me!

If Kyle were really purposely avoiding getting enmeshed with Kim's latest drama, I would have expected to hear that in Kim's list of grievances, but it's Brandi pushing the idea that Kyle has turned her back on Kim to everyone who'll listen, even (especially) Kim.

• Love 9

I think Brandi wanted this storyline front and center, maybe even from very early on if not the start of the season, and Kim loves the narrative of her persecution at the hands of her evil little sister so much that she was game for a sequel to Limogate. They are both deliberately invoking it and hoping for a replay with Brandi there this time for a share of the glory. Kim, at least, I would believe is just engaging in the world's biggest, most malicious deflection after getting caught out of her new, wholesome, "I love my life!" persona. (Really Kim? I thought life was just "so hard" that nobody even knows what you go through at night?) It does look to me like they've both been caught flat-footed that the response of the audience mostly ricocheted the other way, but I think it's just Kyle's - and everyone else's, really - dumb luck that Brandi and Kim are the gang that can't shoot straight. It's not for lack of trying.

This 100%

Brandi was so confident pre-season, she was giving interviews right and left, everybody knew she had a feud with Kyle and a big one, she was gleaming about how evreyone would be on her side. Talk about miscalculating.

Kim has always been entitled, she feels it is owed to her to cover for her mishaps in sobriety. Bravo did it the whole first season, Taylor and Lisa have written on their blogs about how there was an understanding about not talking about Kim obvious issues but they all were aware. kyle's hands are tied so she has no other choice to bury her head in the sand. The moment that Kyle even utters the word relapse, addiction, or any other word that might hint at anything Kim would be on her like white on rice. Kyle can't talk in cameras about the numerous times she has been there for her sister without revealing private information and Kim knows this and she still pokes and pokes so I do get that it might be maddening.

Brandi coming on the heels of Celebrity Apprentice and doing a decent job probably thought that this season was her redemption, fan favorite again, she would weasel her way back to LisaV and in the process show her loyalty to the Queen by squashing her long term frenemy Kyle, what possible could go wrong?

I think that Kim and Brandi have taken advantage of editing for many seasons, Kim by production editing out her "moments" and Brandi by having production go with whatever she was selling, Brandi probably thought that is she was able to make up and hold the lie of a lawsuit for a whole season then this one should be a piece of cake. Kim and Brandi didn't expect that production has finally had enough of them and was going to show their nasty behavior in all their glory.

The fact that LisaR. and Eileen are both calling a spade a spade and are not easily scared by Kim or Brandi's antics has been the cherry on top. I am afraid that is LisaR and Eileen were not on this season, Kim and Brandi might have just gotten away with it and blame it all on evil Kyle while walking on all the glory of their own contradictions.

Brandi is still scratching her head thinking "WTF, what is wrong with people, can't they see what a great friend I am?. Kim in the meantime is in full denial singing Vaboom, Shebang, I love my turtles.

Brandi definitely bet on the wrong horse.

• Love 14

Kim could flat out say she was mistaken in thinking she could handle the temptation of heavy duty painkillers in her household and that while she had a legitimate medical condition her first course of action should have been to go to the ER. She could tell them she did in fact relapse and was profoundly sorry her actions caused others distress and that she was pursuing a traditional 12 step recovery program, attending daily meetings, and speaking regularly to a sponsor.

IMO the only way this would be received well is if it was part of a season finale redemption arc. Otherwise, it will be convoluted into another tool from the kitte most eville that addicts use when they attend treatment as a further shield to hide their drug use. Kim can't win.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

It seems to be a major Beverly Hills faux pas to go to any function without Spanx surrounding your bottom half and legs whether you need them or not. It almost seems counterproductive to the new rage for huge derrieres by encasing it in spandex but that's how they roll. I even noticed that Ariana from Vanderpump Rules had Spanx on when she was bent over and kissed by Tom on the staircase as they were introduced in the wedding party for Sheana. I had to back up twice to be sure and yep, there they were, black Spanx. Ariana weighs about as much as my left leg (a joke) she's fit, young and not an ounce of fat on her. So, why the Spanx, I just don't get it?

Well, they do smooth out lumps and bumps and no panty line issues, which is great for someone like Lisa and Kyle, who do wear tight and/or clingy dresses.  But for someone young, with a relatively firm, thin body (like Ariana), I don't understand it, either.  I think most of the housewives wear them all the time they are filming - we've seen them peeking out under hems and when these women sit down and their too tight dresses ride up.  It drives me crazy whenever I see them!!

Personally, I'd rather not wear Spanx if I don't have to (and will try to find clothes that will not force me to wear them), but I guess that's me, as opposed to the Real Housewives.

• Love 2

Everybody Loves (Talking About) Kim

And whether they do or not, everybody should hate Kyle.

by Alex Zeidel

February 18th, 2015

Previously TV 

http://previously.tv/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/everybody-loves-talking-about-kim/

Excerpt--

"At the end of the episode, Eileen sneaks away to touch up her makeup and you'll never believe who she runs into! It's Kyle! What are the chances? Eileen updates Kyle on the word going around about her sister. Since they can't prove that Kim is drinking again, they've decided to now be concerned that Kim might start drinking again. When she asks Kyle whether Kim is attending AA meetings or has a sponsor, Kyle is completely clueless. Huh. That seems like basic information someone who cares about her alcoholic sister should know. Kyle claims that because she has a husband and four kids (two of whom don't live with you anymore, lady) she just doesn't have the time to look after Kim all the time. Wouldn't it be nice if Kim had someone not related to her whom she could call in troubled times?"

I agree with this recap especially as it relates to "everybody should hate Kyle"...above quote.

The beach scene between Brandi and her friend Jennifer also proved enlightening. We're told that if a recovering alcoholic takes another person's pill they have fallen off the wagon.  Then the questions came up as Jennifer asks Brandi if Kim is in a program, has a sponsor and attends meetings.  Brandi doesn't have an answer. She doesn't think Kim has any support system except her. 

Later at Eileen's home Kim tells the ladies how helpful it's been for her to escape Monty dying in front of her by having somewhere else to go.  Her friendship with Brandi afforded her he opportunity to get away. 

Eileen asks Kyle at a party for LisaV if Kim is enrolled in a addiction program, does she have a sponsor and attend meetings...sister Kyle has no idea.  Though she says she's a mother, with a husband and business and she doesn't have time for her sister Kim. So it appears Kim's only lifeline is Brandi as she slowly watches her ex-husband die in her home! What a f'd up sister Kyle is knowing her sister has NO support system and she still desperately tries to separate Kim from her only lifeline Brandi.  Maybe Kyle want's her sister to start drinking again!!!!

Brandi has no obligation to look after Kim and give her solace from her dying ex-husband.  Brandi does it out of love for Kim.  Where the hell is screechy voiced crying Kyle's love for her sister???????  It's as if no one can help my sister but me and I don't have the time...so let Kim roll up in a ball and die drinking alone in her bedroom watching TV. 

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 1

If Brandi had made that joke, the "wives" would probably take a small break from gossiping about Kim, and shift to "Brandi needs to apologize! She's so crass!"

Ditto if Brandi had been screaming at Kyle's party, or double-birded ANYONE.

It's just old now.

Yes, thanks to season after season of Brandi acting like this towards everyone she meets, it is getting old.

• Love 2

Kim is effing delusional.  She states in her blog "I wish people would just stop trying to intrude in my life and “fix” a problem that doesn’t exist. Would it break their hearts terribly to know and accept that I am healthy and well? I hate to sound like a broken record, but yes, I made a mistake when I took Monty’s pain pill to relieve the chronic pain from my injuries, and yes, I am still sober and strong mentally and physically."   If Kim is healthy and well, I'll come home to find Robert Downey, Jr. in my bed.  Not only that, she seems to be so focused on people claiming that she's relapsed by drinking - - I don't think anyone is saying she's drinking.  It seems to me the general consensus is that she's taking pain medication/prescription pills.

Regardless, I find her fucking exhausting and I'm tired of seeing her meltdowns with Kyle, which are then swept under the rug and the two act like nothing happened.  Until the next meltdown.  It's not healthy for them or for us. They both need counseling.  Kyle needs to realize that she's not her sister's keeper, Kim is an adult and she's making her own choices.  Kyle can only do so much. 

I loved Lisa's birthday party.  Really beautiful and it was nice to see a Vanderpump-Todd event where Scheana wasn't in gold shorts and didn't have some sort of an injury.  Everyone (except Brandi) appeared to be having a good time. 

I LOL'd at Ken telling Brandi to behave herself.  That was hilarious.  And no, Brandi, he wasn't out of line for saying that since anytime there's a public event, with alcohol, where you are present, things get ghetto. 

I don't fault LisaR and Eileen for speaking of an intervention.  I understand Lisa V's reluctance to get involved and she certainly got burned previously.  But I think they are right for trying to do something since it appears that most everyone else acts as though nothing is amiss.  Kim is wacky for sure but she's also clearly under the influence of something at times.

I liked how YoFo chose to approach her.  It seemed very genuine.  Yo, can you please invite me to the 'Bu to do yoga at your house?

Add me to the list of posters who don't find Mohammad creepy.  He definitely needs a haircut though.

I love Lisa V's casual attire while having tea with Kyle.  She looks so much prettier (and younger) when she's dressed down and casual. 

I also love Eileen's hair (and her style in general). 

• Love 8

Sometimes I think that the aftermath of Season 1 with half the Internet and Twitter reviling Kyle for her "betrayal" of Kim was a kind of nirvana for Kim Richards. It was as if her internal narrative of victimhood exploded into the world and was amplified by thousands of voices. Poor, POOR Kim. Vyle Kyle! Production apparently protected her by burying the reams of footage of her bad behavior, and people eagerly took up all of her aged grievances against her sister and gave them new life. This season, Kim has given repeated THs where she hailed back to all the wrongs Kyle has done her, talking about how things "felt familiar". 

The flip side of this is what we're seeing with Kyle, too. Kyle has not forgotten how she was raked over the coals for that argument in the limo. So, Lisar is all about calling out Kim for her issues; Eileen is like, Brandi's the problem in all of this. Meanwhile, Kyle stays mum because the ability to pretzel twist everything so that she's the blame is real. Hell, it's happening now even though Kyle has been mum about Kim's behavior and what it could mean for her sobriety. Kim is using this to her advantage when it comes to Kyle.

Kim gets to go off being butthurt about Kyle getting upset over Brandi's meddling because Kim believes that the near-universal coddling she received seasons ago still applies. At the same time, Kyle isn't going to confirm anything beyond "I'm glad that Kim told me she took one of Monty's pills" all the while Kim gets to still be the one who's been hurt the most without ever having hurt anyone, apparently. Everyone keeps pushing Kyle to call a thing a thing, but the last time she did that? Woooo, boy!

I was wondering the same thing....we haven't seen Mauricio in a loong time!! 

There's a quick, "blink and you'll miss him" moment at the surprise party for Lisa. Mauricio was seated at the dinner table. 

Speaking of the surprise party, could Lisa and Ken have put the driver in a more awkward predicament? Yeesh! Another yeesh! moment was that whole thing with Brandi. I didn't care for Lisa's goading of Brandi. Yes, yes, I get it that production set that up likely hoping for some sparks to fly, but Lisa you aren't the bigger person, ma'am, no matter how you much you believe yourself to be. She even managed a dig at Yolanda during that "toast." She makes a dig then in her TH snipes about how the women say she holds grudges. Duh, lady!

• Love 5

I think it's a stretch to say that Kim's behavior dominants social outings. I mean the ONE incident keeps being brought up at different social gatherings so that's how it's dominating it but so far it seems that Kim's altered state behavior affected ONE social gathering SO FAR as we have seen SINCE her sobriety (so no I don't believe in bringing up past seasons because I consider that crucifying her over and over again) and the rest of these awkward social moments are because of this overbearing need to "get a handle on it". I mean come on ladies this was ONE display that they have personally been privy to. This level of involvement just seems so counterproductive. Even if there seems to be an overwhelming sense of what's really going on that's not enough to go to an apprehensive addict and get them to live life accordingly. To speak on things that the addict knows isn't coming from a first hand experience (because one incident that he has already explained isn't really enough) is the perfect excuse to give an addict to retreat and dismiss what you have to say because quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about and in essence it's the truth. You can't go with assumptions, gut feelings, recognizing behavior and ONE witnessed episode. Doesn't hold  water with the reluctant addict. Even I know that so this approach is just so futile and the lack of common sense is what tells me these women are DEFINITELY not equipped to even approach it so it just seems insulting to me. No matter how much they throw around the phrase "social responsibility". They mean social MEDIA responsibility. LOL!

I think it would be fair to say Kim has not dealt well with the blow back her inebriated state started.  The issue is Kim's "slip" and bizarre behavior Poker Night.  Her subsequent inability to apologize or see her involvement has dominated the show for the past four weeks. 

At this point they are just offering her an ear, where it goes from here is unknown.  To me, every person but especially Lisar, Kyle and Eileen have every right to show their concern for Kim's "slip".  Kyle obviously did more privately. Lisar and Eileen's feeling shouldn't be dismissed because Kim only was that way once.

• Love 4