Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Surprise!

• Start Topic

Correct and not impossible for either of them if this what they want and I believe they lie when they say they don't want it.  Although the definition of health in a mate tends to decrease but not make the search hopeless. 

There will never be an honest conversation about what it is to look for a real sexual companion beyond the age of 40 on this show ever. Good thing we're not looking for it here?

Ok, so I think that the idea of the 45-ish female-crazy as being less about a wince-inducing neediness and more about a kind of unspeakable need somewhere closer to a violent masculine sexuality, an a-moral violence condoned by however many tiny maggots make up Andy Cohen's person, as a totally reasonable sentiment.  

The Bravo-world does not like women. It doesn't like people. It has no people. Just maggots in skin suits.  

Brandi, however dull she is, has always been redeemable for me because she outs this operation.  Yeah, she doesn't do it because she's deep or smart or ethical.  She just desires in a way that makes cracks in places that should probably have cracks.  What would be more terrifying then a show with Brandi or Kim at its center is a show about Vanderpump adopted dogs and a Foster yoga retreat on lemon boat?  Yeesh, talk about amorphous violence.

So, yeah, Brandi is no truth cannon. Compulsive authenticity is hardly honest. But she is a kind of gaping maw, an insatiable beyond-need (desire?) that allows me to put the intensity somewhere, locate the threat that actually pre-exists her, may even have nothing to do with her.

With that said, a healthy relationship has nothing to do with it.  This would be a matter of a brandi or a kim seeing their crazy all the way through.  It's not that they aren't healthy enough, it's they are too cowardly to be the kind of sick as they perpetually threaten us with, to, in fact, mean what they say, or in Kim's case, emote very slowly and emptily, whatever it takes to suck the life out of a room at glacier-speed. 

eta: I don't actually recommend the above as a great choice if you are an actual person with an actual investment in your own sanity.  This move is reserved for holograms and true glamour icons of which there have probably been 5. Ever.  So put your money on sanity. 

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 3

Your so right showing LisaV laughing wouldn't have fit in with last seasons theme...crying was called for. So this year it's all the housewives against Brandi.  When we know it's BS.  She's was OK with Yolanda, Kim, LisaV and LisaR.  That leaves out Kyle...not sure about Eileen. 

Ditto Bravo doesn't care who looks at the few happy B-Day photos they put on their site. Most of their millions of viewers just aren't that into the show.

All true, but the point is they are not showing us an untrue narrative. Brandi doesn't feel comfortable with this group for the most part. She is having issues with some of the gals. Brandi does seem to feel left out, whether this is real or imagined. She did the same thing in the first episode at The White Party. She was getting along with everyone at the time save for Lisa V, but she said that she felt excluded. There is no question that the narrative of this season is that lots of folks have issues with Brandi and they are showing us the footage that backs this up. I would have an issue with this if it looked like this was not actually the case. The statements by Brandi in the media backs up that this is the reality of the season. This is not unusual however, or something that is happening for the first time. As I mentioned in a post earlier, they never showed us the footage until the "lost episode" of Kyle taking Lisa for her first mammogram because that wasn't the story they decided to tell. The fact that they left this out didn't mean that the story they were telling wasn't true. Kyle and Lisa were having severe issues in their friendship, regardless of some of the stuff that was left on the cutting room floor.

• Love 3

Did Kyle skip the blog this week? For some reason, I don't see the newer ones if they are posted later than the first couple they put up. But I can see everyone but hers (and Yo's but I guess she isn't doing them anymore).

Looks like Brandi was up singing with the menopause mommies...we never saw that?

real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-

Even in this pic Brandi looks like the one who's having the least amount of fun. She doesn't look like she's singing there either.

Brandi was the one to exclude herself by separating herself from the MMs and then saying why.

Even in this pic Brandi looks like the one who's having the least amount of fun. She doesn't look like she's singing there either.

Brandi was the one to exclude herself by separating herself from the MMs and then saying why.

Lol...Brandi was drinking lemon water the whole time so that may be why she's not hanging from the chandeliers or threatening to punch someone's teeth out, lol. :D

Here is an excerpt from her episode blog, though most feel she's lying...

It was nice and a bit shocking to have Ken invite me to Lisa V.’s surprise birthday party. We all had a lot of fun. Kathy Hilton and my friend Mark Hasche also came with Kim and me, which made it even more fun. Laughs were had by all. I drank loads of lemon and water as prescribed by Yolanda. I was certainly missing my toxins in this party atmosphere but had a great time despite it, because when I set my mind to something, I stick with it. I can’t sing to save my life (I can rap a little), but like a trooper, I got up to sing per Lisa’s request. I was game to do anything to help make Ken’s party a success. They really love each other, and the party was a sweet idea. Lisa R. and I really wanted those rose centerpieces, but we didn’t get them, because Lisa V. was too quick. Kim and the others were cute singing. Lisa. R continued the BJ theme and created a BJ ballad as an added birthday touch (if I had done that--the pearl clutching would last for DAYS). As you saw, yes, I was asked to sing. But, like Cameron Diaz, in My Best Friend’s Wedding, I. CANNOT. SING. EVER. But hey, I tried and had fun. (Apologies to anyone who lost a speaker in their entertainment systems.)

Did Kyle skip the blog this week? For some reason, I don't see the newer ones if they are posted later than the first couple they put up. But I can see everyone but hers (and Yo's but I guess she isn't doing them anymore).

It does appear Kyle has skipped her episode blog.

Kim and the others were cute singing.

I thought that this was Brandi backtracking because she realized what a snotty pill she sounded like not to mention fairly foolish when I consider her age. 

I don't think she had a completely miserable time and I never for a second thought she was bullied that evening. She had fun in the limited way she understands fun that doesn't involve alcohol or being a general nuisance to the other guests.

Bravo editing didn't keep me from seeing that Brandi was having a good time during certain parts of the party. 

• Love 1

All true, but the point is they are not showing us an untrue narrative. Brandi doesn't feel comfortable with this group for the most part. She is having issues with some of the gals. Brandi does seem to feel left out, whether this is real or imagined. She did the same thing in the first episode at The White Party. She was getting along with everyone at the time save for Lisa V, but she said that she felt excluded. There is no question that the narrative of this season is that lots of folks have issues with Brandi and they are showing us the footage that backs this up. I would have an issue with this if it looked like this was not actually the case. The statements by Brandi in the media backs up that this is the reality of the season. This is not unusual however, or something that is happening for the first time. As I mentioned in a post earlier, they never showed us the footage until the "lost episode" of Kyle taking Lisa for her first mammogram because that wasn't the story they decided to tell. The fact that they left this out didn't mean that the story they were telling wasn't true. Kyle and Lisa were having severe issues in their friendship, regardless of some of the stuff that was left on the cutting room floor.

IMO Brandi minus the alcohol had a slight effect.  She mentions it in her episode blog, "I drank loads of lemon and water as prescribed by Yolanda. I was certainly missing my toxins in this party atmosphere but had a great time despite it, because when I set my mind to something, I stick with it."

I'm so looking forward to the reunion...hopefully we'll get some answers which include more than just a snippet of their answers.

Seriously?

You don't see that editing chose to show the moment when Brandi was sitting alone looking pensive?  You believe that none of the other women took a break and sat down for a moment, and they could have shown those if it was "attack Lipsa year?" 

They could have shown Brandi up and laughing and partying with all of them, but they didn't because that's not their storyline this year.  As far as being on the website, I'd be shocked if even 10% of the people who watch this show would see those.

Sure the producers edit to show a storyline but I am not sure they make a final decision on what THE storyline is until after filming ends. No matter what they hope happens with each HW every season, it all depends on what is captured on film. They can not edit out something that was not filmed, something that did not happen. JS

• Love 1
They can not edit out something that was not filmed, something that did not happen. JS

Right, it would be very different if we didn't have Brandi making comments in the episode that indicate she wasn't having as much fun as everyone else. 

It's like that old quote of Bethenny's I can't remember how it goes exactly but it was something like "They can't edit what you don't give them." 

• Love 1

We get maybe 40 minutes once a week, and these guys film for hours.  Even in the candid shots I can see the others sometimes looking pensive or "unhappy" if the shot was isolated the way the very short zoom in of Brandi was.

Bravo can not put something in that wasn't there, but they DO several things to manipulate scenes.

1.  Have them reshoot conversations (common)

2.  Edit a clip or reaction from a different episode and paste it in.

3.  Not show happy or social shots (even if they have plenty) and find the one moment that the "wife" looks the way they need to tell their chosen narrative of the show/season.

4.  Take hours and hours of shooting and only use what forwards their chosen storyline.

These are silly little shows, for the most part.  Occasionally they let the cameras run and we get something real, but that is happening less and less often as the shows go on.

They want the table flips, the slaps, the screaming at each other or into the camera (hello Kyle.) 

They've filmed the other women with husbands or each other, and the only conversations we see are about Kim or Brandi.  Surely these women talk of something other than that, or do more than gossip their lives away, but Bravo isn't showing it.

Editing DOES create story, and the problem I have is the editors suck. 

• Love 2

Also, Brandi is the one who was basically saying that she didn't want to be around the menopausal mamas. She's putting distance out there with that comment like she wasn't having much fun and didn't really want to be there. 

I think she was avoiding being photographed next to Yolanda in the same dress. Does the cleanse also require that Yoyo pick out all of Brandi's outfits?

OMG AnnA!  Great minds think alike...I was just looking at this one.  It certainly was interesting.  There's LisaV giving Kim a great big hug...both seem happy here...but Kyle...not as much. Though she has a slight smile if I look closely.

Look at Kyle's fingers didn't LisaV give Kyle her old ring when she received the new pink gem from Ken?

I say this as a fellow girl with short chubby fingers, I don't think the ring fit Kyle. I'm pretty sure the camera caught her trying to jam it onto her pinkie before she handed it off to someone else.

• Love 2

We get maybe 40 minutes once a week, and these guys film for hours.  Even in the candid shots I can see the others sometimes looking pensive or "unhappy" if the shot was isolated the way the very short zoom in of Brandi was.

Bravo can not put something in that wasn't there, but they DO several things to manipulate scenes.

1.  Have them reshoot conversations (common)

2.  Edit a clip or reaction from a different episode and paste it in.

3.  Not show happy or social shots (even if they have plenty) and find the one moment that the "wife" looks the way they need to tell their chosen narrative of the show/season.

4.  Take hours and hours of shooting and only use what forwards their chosen storyline.

These are silly little shows, for the most part.  Occasionally they let the cameras run and we get something real, but that is happening less and less often as the shows go on.

They want the table flips, the slaps, the screaming at each other or into the camera (hello Kyle.) 

They've filmed the other women with husbands or each other, and the only conversations we see are about Kim or Brandi.  Surely these women talk of something other than that, or do more than gossip their lives away, but Bravo isn't showing it.

Editing DOES create story, and the problem I have is the editors suck. 

If after filming ends and the producers go over the footage and see a pattern/storyline about Brandi/Kim verses the rest of the HWs because of their drunk/high/nasty behavior you think they should do what? They have showed us fun times involving each of the HWs, private/family times of each of the HWs but the meat and potatoes of the show are the conflicts that happen.

That Kim decided to use drugs during filming AGAIN, it seems the producers are tired of covering it up, coupled with Brandi using her friendship with Kim as a battering ram against Kyle while she spills Kim's secrets ON camera to everyone, is on Kim, Brandi and, to a lesser extent, Kyle, it is not the fault of the producers.

The HWs have the ability to ask for ginger ale or water instead of wine so they do not get drunk (especially in light that they took Xanax right before drinking that wine), to not get high knowing there will be cameras recording everything you say/do, to not reveal a BFs private secrets knowing they do not want any of it on film and not whining/crying all the time. That is on the HW, not the producers, blame Kim, Brandi and Kyle because they chose to do those things, no one forced them.  

Sure the producers edit to show a storyline but I am not sure they make a final decision on what THE storyline is until after filming ends. No matter what they hope happens with each HW every season, it all depends on what is captured on film. They can not edit out something that was not filmed, something that did not happen. JS

I can't be certain about this but I seem to recall Andy saying that they decide the next season's storyline after the reunion show is filmed. I wish I could remember where or when I got that idea in my head. I don't but it does make sense, I.e., if there is any "sense" at all in this show. LOL

• Love 1

I can't be certain about this but I seem to recall Andy saying that they decide the next season's storyline after the reunion show is filmed. I wish I could remember where or when I got that idea in my head. I don't but it does make sense, I.e., if there is any "sense" at all in this show. LOL

They preplan all the trips, events, dinners, ect. but not the meat of the show, the conflict/fights. They do address conflicts from the season before/reunion at the start of each new season as well but not the complete "storyline", IMO, that develops as they film and edit after filming ends.

Edited by WireWrap

They have loggers that go through all the dailies as close to real time as possible. Since they don't film 24/7 like other reality shows, they are able to influence future shooting dates based on what's already captured on film. For example, if there's a party that incites a huge blowout, they can schedule lunch/dinner/tea with two of the women to talk about it later that week.

• Love 2