Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Surprise!

• Start Topic

Since there's nothing more I can say about Brandi, Kim and Kyle that hasn't been said, and because I think chatter about them is what keeps them employed, I'm moving on to the newbies.

Eileen likes the word weird.  Her approach while Kyle was applying lip gloss at Lisa's party was Trying Too Hard 101.  She can take a seat with all her finger quotations around the word, "program".  Bouncing around on the bench, tossing her hair, while using finger quotes and talking about how "wishy-washy" it all is and interrupting at every turn. I'd bet even she cringes when re-watching that scene.  She said that intervening with Kim is a moral obligation. I'm not sure I believe she feels that. She needs a way to insert herself into the drama because she needs this job. 

Lisa R playing up how scared she was in the ride with Kim, imo, is exaggerated to insert herself into the drama.  Lisa is tough as balls which is one thing I like about her - but there was a cameraperson and a driver in that vehicle.  How scared was she really?  Her talking about that so often reminds me of the people who say they forgot to set their alarm so they missed their flight on the plane that crashed. Or...something told them to skip the movie the night the theater caught on fire. They need a way to, somehow, insert themselves into the drama.  I think this is Lisa.  Just like I think the wine glass throw will be an exaggerated way to really wedge herself firmly in the drama that night.  And into the blogosphere Wednesday morning

• Love 5

Since there's nothing more I can say about Brandi, Kim and Kyle that hasn't been said, and because I think chatter about them is what keeps them employed, I'm moving on to the newbies.

Eileen likes the word weird.  Her approach while Kyle was applying lip gloss at Lisa's party was Trying Too Hard 101.  She can take a seat with all her finger quotations around the word, "program".  Bouncing around on the bench, tossing her hair, while using finger quotes and talking about how "wishy-washy" it all is and interrupting at every turn. I'd bet even she cringes when re-watching that scene.  She said that intervening with Kim is a moral obligation. I'm not sure I believe she feels that. She needs a way to insert herself into the drama because she needs this job. 

Lisa R playing up how scared she was in the ride with Kim, imo, is exaggerated to insert herself into the drama.  Lisa is tough as balls which is one thing I like about her - but there was a cameraperson and a driver in that vehicle.  How scared was she really?  Her talking about that so often reminds me of the people who say they forgot to set their alarm so they missed their flight on the plane that crashed. Or...something told them to skip the movie the night the theater caught on fire. They need a way to, somehow, insert themselves into the drama.  I think this is Lisa.  Just like I think the wine glass throw will be an exaggerated way to really wedge herself firmly in the drama that night.  And into the blogosphere Wednesday morning

It was clear to me that Kim thought she was being funny both in the Limo and at the party when she thought she was "teasing" Kyle. She was totally unaware of how she was coming across.

• Love 2

It was clear to me that Kim thought she was being funny both in the Limo and at the party when she thought she was "teasing" Kyle. She was totally unaware of how she was coming across.

I'd have to go back and watch that scene more carefully.  I tend to ffwd through her scenes.  Which doesn't leave me a lot to comment on. LOL  So I can't say what Kim was thinking in the limo.  I just know that I've heard Lisa refer to how terrifying it was several times since then (with scared, widened eyes ;-) and I have to laugh because, really?

• Love 2

Oh, I think there was plenty for LisaR to be scared about during that limo ride. She looked confused (is this a game or what?), then after she tried to banter back and Kim unleashed the "you don't know what I go through at night" baloney, she realized there was a slippery slope she'd started to descend. I found it scary, too. 

• Love 10

I think Kim may have been teasing Kyle until she picked up Brandi's tired line and said something about judging or being judgmental, then it turned ugly.  Note to Brandi and Kim there is a difference between being judgmental and observing.  Brandi throws judgmental out there as if these folks who watch incredibly hurtful behavior are suppose to just grin and bear it.

I think Kim was off her rocker in the limo because Lisa asked her right off the bat if she had been drinking or using drugs.  I believe at one point Kim was kicking Lisa.  The other thing was Kim's whole montage of nobody knows by angst with Monty.  I will say in the past, and we have seen it, Kim thinks it is funny to punk people and it may be to her but for someone who whines about being "judged" and treated unfairly she should probably refrain from punking or pulling practical jokes.   She has no history with Lisar or Eileen so to decide that is the day to put out the "tough bitch" persona was a bad idea.

Eileen and her husband like the world "weird" and "weirdo".  I noticed Vince, called Brandi a "psycho" and then decreased her level to weird.  I think Eileen felt like she was expected to have a scene with Kyle and it just looked so very awkward to get through.  I have been reading Vince and Eileen's twitter accounts and they both seemed pretty committed to their jobs, children and Vince's extended family.  He seems pretty tight with parents and brothers.  Kim missed her chance Jimmy is single and I believe was the partner with Dick in the dog food company.  Too bad she keeps acting like such an ass to Eileen and Vince.

• Love 3

I have been reading Vince and Eileen's twitter accounts and they both seemed pretty committed to their jobs, children and Vince's extended family.  He seems pretty tight with parents and brothers.  Kim missed her chance Jimmy is single and I believe was the partner with Dick in the dog food company.  Too bad she keeps acting like such an ass to Eileen and Vince.

Well, hell zoeysmom.  I've not been on the forums in some time because I've nothing productive to say about any of them.   I loathe Brandi, Kim and Kyle.  And Yolanda, the 2 Lisas and Eileen are leaving me cold and giving me nuttin', honey. So I might have to take a look at Eileen's twitter. There's got to be more to her than what is being shown.

• Love 2

Eileen and Lisa R. need to find their own storylines.

I feel like the show has made this a terrible introduction season for them. When Yolanda came on, the show made you love her. With these two, all we saw was their homes and their families, before they started being snarky and gossipy about Kim, Kyle, and Brandi. 

They aren't acting much different from any other housewife on these shows, but I don't care about them, so can't excuse their behavior like I can for the rest of these women. 

They need to back off and concentrate on just having a good time and let viewers know who they are, instead of fixating on everyone else. 

• Love 3

I am not keen on Kyle's fashion sense but she has to live with a 5'2' petite frame.  So far she hasn't looked good when she tries to cover it up, she doesn't look good in shorts, shocking the mother of four has some overage in the backstrap of her bikini, man hands, her crew neck sparkle top and black pants were a miss, her teal dress was a miss-is there anything that looks good on this clothing store owner?  Because I think she looked fine, she doesn't look as good as the models and tall girls, Yolanda, Brandi, Eileen  and Lisa R but I have to say if Kyle were at a party in my neck of the woods she would be envied.  I don't think it is necessary to bring up Lisav's cellulite that shows through when she wears white either.  Now if we are talking women who over inject their faces that is a horse of a different color-all voluntary unlike being 5'2" or 6'0" tall. 

Kyle looks best when she does simple with her outfits. The problem is that she wants to be fashionable, and many of the trendy clothes she wants to wear are not meant for a middle aged women who is 5'2". She is trying to dress like Brandi, when she should be trying to dress for herself. 

Tamara on the Real Housewives of Orange County has realized what looks flattering on a petite women. Maybe the two of them should get together to go shopping. 

• Love 3

So does Kim realize there is a difference between being two days late to a vacation because you are drunk-like Hawaii and delaying the start of the vacation because you are looking for your luggage? Her whining at Kyle about being late is just so uncomfortable for the rest of the group.  Are we going to have to have a group apology about ever asking, "where's Kim?"  I am beginning to see why Kyle isn't there for Kim everyday-it must be exhausting to have to relive Kim's drunken antics and the turn around and relive them with a soberish Kim and apologize for not dealing with drunk Kim in accordance with her standards.  I can't believe she is going on and on about missing the boat in Hawaii.

What's also interesting is that usually when a person has been in recovery for awhile as Kim supposedly has been they can at least recognize past behavior where they acted like an asshole because of doing x, y, and z. (We even see Kim acknowledge this in that scene she filmed in a past season with her life coach.) Kim knows that she was late or absent because of her drug/alcohol issues but even in retrospect she still thinks that Kyle and others were wrong to comment on her lateness or absences, and she still thinks they should have held the catamaran for her and Ken. She doesn't seem to factor in her own behavior or state of mind at all when she brings up an issue like that to Kyle and Kyle is understandably confused thinking that they'd surely moved on from that situation.

As far as the airport clip, another interesting thing is that Kim doesn't respond to Brandi saying that Kim got stuck at the top of the elevator. Yolanda was jokingly saying that Kyle shouldn't help with the bags because of what happened with the escalator/bag pile up. Brandi pipes up that it was actually because Kim got stuck at the top. Kyle then agrees with Brandi and says that she didn't cause the pile up. Kim immediately zeros in on Kyle and doesn't give a second thought to the fact that Brandi was also blaming her. Not that it matters anyway because none of this stuff is a big deal and none of the women were being mean about the escalator pile up but it just goes to show how there sometimes seems to be a different set of rules for Kyle when it comes to dealing with Kim. The level of defensiveness over such a petty thing like being briefly stuck on an escalator--I don't get it. Also, isn't that a member of production helping them with the bags once they get stuck? 

• Love 3

I think Kim may have been teasing Kyle until she picked up Brandi's tired line and said something about judging or being judgmental, then it turned ugly.  Note to Brandi and Kim there is a difference between being judgmental and observing.  Brandi throws judgmental out there as if these folks who watch incredibly hurtful behavior are suppose to just grin and bear it.

I think Kim was off her rocker in the limo because Lisa asked her right off the bat if she had been drinking or using drugs.  I believe at one point Kim was kicking Lisa.  The other thing was Kim's whole montage of nobody knows by angst with Monty.  I will say in the past, and we have seen it, Kim thinks it is funny to punk people and it may be to her but for someone who whines about being "judged" and treated unfairly she should probably refrain from punking or pulling practical jokes.   She has no history with Lisar or Eileen so to decide that is the day to put out the "tough bitch" persona was a bad idea.

Eileen and her husband like the world "weird" and "weirdo".  I noticed Vince, called Brandi a "psycho" and then decreased her level to weird.  I think Eileen felt like she was expected to have a scene with Kyle and it just looked so very awkward to get through.  I have been reading Vince and Eileen's twitter accounts and they both seemed pretty committed to their jobs, children and Vince's extended family.  He seems pretty tight with parents and brothers.  Kim missed her chance Jimmy is single and I believe was the partner with Dick in the dog food company.  Too bad she keeps acting like such an ass to Eileen and Vince.

She was kicking her? I didn't see that and I watched it twice. Was that from an extended scene or Lisa's blog?

• Love 1

I'm not sure I believe she feels that. She needs a way to insert herself into the drama because she needs this job.

The woman has roles on 2 soaps, I'm not sure how badly she needs this nonsense.

I just know that I've heard Lisa refer to how terrifying it was several times since then (with scared, widened eyes ;-) and I have to laugh because, really?

I think I would have been plenty scared about Kim's behavior. Not because I would think she could cause me harm but rather because I'd be wondering what she took or drank. Or maybe wondering if she had a breakdown of some kind. I think I would be afraid for Kim and perhaps that's what Lisa R means.

With these two, all we saw was their homes and their families, before they started being snarky and gossipy about Kim, Kyle, and Brandi.

During one of Eileen's very first get togethers with the other wives, she got wine tossed into her face. Her first party for the housewives? She had Kim and Brandi drunk and/or high. How is one not supposed to be snarky about that? Lisa R was at the table for wine toss and stuck in a limo with crazy Kim.

I saw a lot of complaining at the beginning of the season about the family stuff etc. So now we're in the storyline Bravo decided to tell. I don't believe these women talk about nothing but Kim/Brandi, but I know Bravo edits it that way.

• Love 8

She was kicking her? I didn't see that and I watched it twice. Was that from an extended scene or Lisa's blog?

Lisa has expanded on the limo ride I will look for the appropriate cite.  It was not a good time.

It wasn't full on kick your teeth out kicking I am sure it was more of the pay attention to me type kicking.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I think I would have been plenty scared about Kim's behavior. Not because I would think she could cause me harm but rather because I'd be wondering what she took or drank. Or maybe wondering if she had a breakdown of some kind. I think I would be afraid for Kim and perhaps that's what Lisa R means.

During one of Eileen's very first get togethers with the other wives, she got wine tossed into her face. Her first party for the housewives? She had Kim and Brandi drunk and/or high. How is one not supposed to be snarky about that? Lisa R was at the table for wine toss and stuck in a limo with crazy Kim.

I saw a lot of complaining at the beginning of the season about the family stuff etc. So now we're in the storyline Bravo decided to tell. I don't believe these women talk about nothing but Kim/Brandi, but I know Bravo edits it that way.

I know that the way they talk is justified, it's just kind of hard to watch. I feel sympathy for the other ladies, I don't for them. If you have drunk people in your house, well, that's your fault for inviting them there and serving them drinks. Yolanda and Lisa V. are very particular about when they have the ladies in their homes, and for what reasons, and they never have drunken fights in their driveways. 

These women are entertainers. They know what is going to happen at these parties (accept for that aweful limo ride, which they couldn't have predicted). The table read is a perfect example of showing that Eileen knows how to have a nice time with these sort of people, she just chose not to before, and then had a bad attitude about it. 

I feel sympathy for the other ladies, I don't for them. If you have drunk people in your house, well, that's your fault for inviting them there and serving them drinks. Yolanda and Lisa V. are very particular about when they have the ladies in their homes, and for what reasons, and they never have drunken fights in their driveways.

It's Eileen's fault for having drinks at a poker party? She's at fault because adults didn't control their own drinking?!? Besides, Brandi was already drunk so I'm not sure how that's Eileen's fault and Kim took pills beforehand too.

Yolanda had the ladies to a party with drinks and Brandi once again acted like a fool and said nasty stuff. Is that Yolanda's fault for serving alcohol?

In this most current episode, Brandi was again deflecting blame for actions (I accidentally got wine in Eileen's face). Come on. Brandi didn't act out at Lisa V's party I will grant that. However, that's only because she was participating in that purge thing (or whatever) with Yolanda. Otherwise had she been drinking at the party and acting like she usually does, that would have been Ken's fault because he dare serve adult beverages to adults?

I wonder when this behavior becomes the fault of Brandi and Kim?

• Love 13

Lisa has expanded on the limo ride I will look for the appropriate cite. It was not a good time.

It wasn't full on kick your teeth out kicking I am sure it was more of the pay attention to me type kicking.

I'd be interested in reading the expanded version. :)

Kim's voice was alarming. I half expected her to start spewing pea soup while her head spun around. I'm sure LisaR was freaked out but as someone already said there was a cameraman and a driver present. They wouldn't have been able to deflect a blow from Kim but they were there.

You're right about the kick and it was barely visible. I have a feeling that Kim may live to regret being so aggressive. There's an old saying "don't poke the bear" and if LisaR wants another season on RHOBH, she's not done with Kim yet.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I'd be interested in reading the expanded version. :)

Kim's voice was alarming. I half expected her to start spewing pea soup while her head spun around. I'm sure LisaR was freaked out but as someone already said there was a cameraman and a driver present. They wouldn't have been able to deflect a blow from Kim but they were there.

You're right about the kick and it was barely visible. I have a feeling that Kim may live to regret being so aggressive. There's an old saying "don't poke the bear" and if LisaR wants another season on RHOBH, she's not done with Kim yet.

I think those limos have stationary cameras.   When they pull up there is only the driver and Kim and Lisar.  The driver better be driving and I am guessing the window between the front and back seat is up.  Kyle in her effort to protect Kim, didn't want her getting into a camera rigged ride without a little talking to first.  That would have been an interesting monologue.

• Love 3

Yes, Kim kicked at/towards her during the limo scene, she was acting aggressive and off her rocker. I would have been concerned as well.

I know that the way they talk is justified, it's just kind of hard to watch. I feel sympathy for the other ladies, I don't for them. If you have drunk people in your house, well, that's your fault for inviting them there and serving them drinks. Yolanda and Lisa V. are very particular about when they have the ladies in their homes, and for what reasons, and they never have drunken fights in their driveways. 

These women are entertainers. They know what is going to happen at these parties (accept for that aweful limo ride, which they couldn't have predicted). The table read is a perfect example of showing that Eileen knows how to have a nice time with these sort of people, she just chose not to before, and then had a bad attitude about it. 

How was Eileen to know that Kim would pop a pill and be as high as a kite before she left her own home or that Brandi would drink a bottle of wine before she even got to the party? The difference between the poker party and the read was not a difference in Eileen but a difference in Kim, Kim was not flying high that day and there was no Brandi at the reading.

• Love 5

IIRC correctly Brandi was the only drunk person who kept drinking at Eileen and Vince's.

I think Eileen and the rest had  a fine time. . . Kim just missed her cue to apologize.

Am I the only one who thought Kim missed the opportunity to be totally cool when asked by Jim or Vince Van Patten who she worked with fame wise that she should have said-"Robert Downey, Jr. and James Spader,"  we had starring roles in our first feature film as adults.  Then bring up Bette Davis.  Sometimes Kim just lives in the past.  I am not saying Bette Davis isn't a legend but she was born at the turn of the last century and died probably close to 30 years ago.  Starring with "Iron Man" is much more relevant.

• Love 4

I'm only going on what Eileen said about going back to work and that their house looks like it needs some maintenance.  I'm surprised she allowed it to be photographed and/or didn't object to some of the photos Bravo put up. 

None of the women are responsible for the drunks at their parties but every single one of them KNOW that regardless of who is supplying the alcohol - them or Bravo production - that sparks will fly and are expected to fly if the resident drunks are partaking. 

• Love 2

I wouldn't compare Bette Davis to James Spader or even RDJ. Bette Davis was a different kind of famous. They don't make stars like that anymore.

It is about being current and relevant.  Charles Heston-dead and not relevant, Lance Kerwin doing community service for Food Stamp fraud, Tom Selleck-still on TV, relatable.  That is where I think Kim sells herself short.  Working on Disney movies with Eddie Albert, David Niven and Bette Davis kind of has an asterisk after it.  Kyle does the same thing she will talk about working with Michael Landon, but what really registers with women viewers was her working with George Clooney on  ER.  I guess my point was lost on Kim underselling her Hollywood connections and then making some up.  I don't think it needs to turn in to name dropping sessions (Jennifer Lawrence loving her night out at PUMP and loving the RH) but if you do-it is better if they are alive.

• Love 3

if LisaR wants another season on RHOBH, she's not done with Kim yet.

Do you think Lisa R. even wants to come back for another season?

How about Eileen?

I hope they both want to return next season; I'm just not sure if they want to. And who could blame them if they don't?

• Love 3

I wouldn't compare Bette Davis to James Spader or even RDJ. Bette Davis was a different kind of famous. They don't make stars like that anymore.

It is about being current and relevant.  Charles Heston-dead and not relevant, Lance Kerwin doing community service for Food Stamp fraud, Tom Selleck-still on TV, relatable.  

Does anyone know the demographic Bravo is targeting with the HW's?   So many networks and advertisers target the younger market.  I doubt there are too many viewers in the 18-30ish category who remember Bette Davis and actually expected Kim to mention Tom Selleck........silly me!

In addition to setting the season's direction and tone, Bravo makes a point in some subtle and not so subtle ways.  This season they've painted LisaV with one of their better brushes and that's probably to make her happy since she has not one but two successful shows on Bravo and partially to make up for last season.  On the other hand, they are showing Kim and Kyle in a less flattering manner and emphasizing their sense of self importance.  This week's episode had subtle examples of that.  Let's take the trip to Malibu as an example.  LisaR arrives at LisaV's in an SUV but exits from the back.  Obviously she had a driver and yet we see LisaV driving both of them in her own car to Malibu.  What happened to LisaR's driver?  Meanwhile the Privileged Richards Sisters journey to Malibu in a stretch limo.  I could be overthinking this but I thought that was odd.  I can understand going to an evening black tie event in a limo (and actually did that once myself) but to a 1pm script reading with a sandwich lunch?........not so much.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Do you think Lisa R. even wants to come back for another season?

How about Eileen?

I hope they both want to return next season; I'm just not sure if they want to. And who could blame them if they don't?

Yes, I think they both want to come back next season.  It's a good paying job and I think once the Kim/Kyle/Brandi saga plays out (soon please!) they'll need to explore other HW's for next season's drama.  I'm not convinced that Eileen will turn into a drama queen but I do believe LisaR is ready, willing and able to take on that role.

• Love 5

Does anyone know the demographic Bravo is targeting with the HW's? So many networks and advertisers target the younger market. I doubt there are too many viewers in the 18-30ish category who remember Bette Davis and actually expected Kim to mention Tom Selleck........silly me!

In addition to setting the season's direction and tone, Bravo makes a point in some subtle and not so subtle ways. This season they've painted LisaV with one of their better brushes and that's probably to make her happy since she's has not one but two successful shows on Bravo and partially to make up for last season. On the other hand, they are showing Kim and Kyle in a less flattering manner and emphasizing their sense of self importance. This week's episode had subtle examples of that. Let's take the trip to Malibu as an example. LisaR arrives at LisaV's in an SUV but exits from the back. Obviously she had a driver and yet we see LisaV driving both of them in her own car to Malibu. What happened to LisaR's driver? Meanwhile the Privileged Richards Sisters journey to Malibu in a stretch limo. I could be overthinking this but I thought that was odd. I can understanding going to an evening black tie event in a limo (and actually did that once myself) but to a 1pm script reading with a sandwich lunch?........not so much.

I like this. Sometimes you just have to let the art wash over you.

• Love 2

Why wouldn't they come back?

They are getting great, if boring, edits.

Lipsa will do commercials for depends, she's certainly not too proud to do this.  Until it's HER turn on the hot seat and being hated, which will happen.

Ditto Eileen, soaps are dying.  Vince wants her to work.  She's getting paid the most, and basically doing nothing, so why not come back? 

• Love 4

Yes, I think they both want to come back next season.  It's a good paying job and I think once the Kim/Kyle/Brandi saga plays out (soon please!) they'll need to explore other HW's for next season's drama.  I'm not convinced that Eileen will turn into a drama queen but I do believe LisaR is ready, willing and able to take on that role.

Well, I like these actresses and they have brought some life and interesting aspects to the show. If Yolanda is unable to return and Bravo cuts out the cancer that is Kim (sadly, we know they won't axe Brandi), then I hope they can secure another semi-(well) known actress like Eileen or Lisa R to round out the cast, preferably someone who is married and has a full life with a kid or 2 and has stuff going on other than watching their clothes on their last spin cycle whilst eating Cheetos and rearranging/dusting old photos of Days Gone By and chatting up the housekeeper.

• Love 4

Eileen lives in Malibu. I saw nothing wrong with her home. It appears very warm and cozy. I fail to see that Eileen's home is in need of repairs. I am not privy to whether Eileen and Vince are in need of money, but they do own their home, correct? If anyone needs this show, it is Brandi. She needs this job in order to continue paying rent on a home that she allows dogs to shit all over.

As for LisaR being scared of Kim in the limo, let me comment that I felt weirded out by Kim's behavior. And I was not even there! I could not tell if Kim was play acting or having a druggie moment. In some ways, I think LisaR felt scared FOR Kim. She was probably wondering if Kim might have some kind of meltdown in the limo. LisaR has mentioned her spouses' brothers being alcoholics. I imagine LisaR may have had a flashback to their drunken moments which may have included meltdowns or moments of violence. As I watch Kim on my screen, I sometimes get taken back to the times I dealt with the addicts in my life. I imagine LisaR feels the same way.

Bette Davis - bring it on! She broke the mold for actresses. I would rather hear tidbits about her than Robert Downey Jr. any day.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

I think the only way they'll get Lisa Rinna off this show is if Harry makes her give it up.   She loves the exposure.   I think she injects herself into the drama because her own life is pretty stable and I doubt if Harry will allow her to expose anything much.   She's like the one who is on the show to be the observer--she is the one who will talk with whoever everyone else is not speaking to.     

I'm not sure why Eileen is on the show--she seems to have a lot of work, but I would imagine that being on the show brings her some new kind of name recognition with people who don't watch soaps.     She seems like the main breadwinner in their household, so maybe it's worth it but she really doesn't seem to fit with the others that well.

• Love 4

Ditto Eileen, soaps are dying.  Vince wants her to work.

Soaps certainly are dying, but they aren't dead. Y&R is the number 1 soap and my guess is, it will hang around for quite a while longer. I don't get the 2nd thing here because she's already working.

I am not privy to whether Eileen and Vince are in need of money, but they do own their home, correct? If anyone needs this show, it is Brandi. She needs this job in order to continue paying rent on a home that she allows dogs to shit all over.

I've seen stuff like this referenced on this board a number of times and I don't quite get where it's coming from. I haven't read any interviews saying they are broke, so what the heck?

I wouldn't compare Bette Davis to James Spader or even RDJ. Bette Davis was a different kind of famous. They don't make stars like that anymore.

Sure perhaps the demographics aren't the best for these type stories, but I've enjoyed Kim during these moments. I generally am not all that interested in Kim, but when she tosses off a story like this about Bette Davis and the one earlier in the season about tennis at Charlton Heston's, she briefly owns me.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 5

Eileen is basically Soap Opera royalty. She has been around a long time. With soaps fading, she's probably trying to ensure that she has a nice cushion when the soap work drys up. Other than putting up with a couple of misfits, this is an easy gig. I'm not sure about Vince. Something about him is a little skeevy to me.

• Love 5

Eileen is basically Soap Opera royalty. She has been around a long time. With soaps fading, she's probably trying to ensure that she has a nice cushion when the soap work drys up. Other than putting up with a couple of misfits, this is an easy gig. I'm not sure about Vince. Something about him is a little skeevy to me.

Vince is the co-host of the World Poker Tour on Fox Sports.  He seems to enjoy spending time with his sons and has now developed an Extreme Paddle Ball game-I get the impression the Van Pattens are pretty creative when it comes to making money.

There was a time when I thought we all go to retire at 55.  No longer all that practical but Vince and Eileen are there age wise.  Eileen has been on and off Y&R since she was 23?  Wow. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Full disclosure: I'm a huge fan of Eileen's work on DOOL, so I'm predisposed to loving her in this show. But seeing a sliver of her "real" personality and family life, I love her even more. I think she just likes to do stuff and work hard, frankly, and she's smart enough to know that it won't last forever. She did take a short break - maybe a year, I forget - so I bet she was ready to tear it up, workwise. 

• Love 5

Does anyone know the demographic Bravo is targeting with the HW's?   So many networks and advertisers target the younger market.  I doubt there are too many viewers in the 18-30ish category who remember Bette Davis and actually expected Kim to mention Tom Selleck........silly me!

In addition to setting the season's direction and tone, Bravo makes a point in some subtle and not so subtle ways.  This season they've painted LisaV with one of their better brushes and that's probably to make her happy since she has not one but two successful shows on Bravo and partially to make up for last season.  On the other hand, they are showing Kim and Kyle in a less flattering manner and emphasizing their sense of self importance.  This week's episode had subtle examples of that.  Let's take the trip to Malibu as an example.  LisaR arrives at LisaV's in an SUV but exits from the back.  Obviously she had a driver and yet we see LisaV driving both of them in her own car to Malibu.  What happened to LisaR's driver?  Meanwhile the Privileged Richards Sisters journey to Malibu in a stretch limo.  I could be overthinking this but I thought that was odd.  I can understand going to an evening black tie event in a limo (and actually did that once myself) but to a 1pm script reading with a sandwich lunch?........not so much.

I believe the demographic they are aiming for is the 21 thru 45 age bracket.

Ever since the season they showed Kim driving under the influence, of something, they have used limos and or drivers most of the time for all the women, especially if there is alcohol involved. There was wine served at the lunch Lisa V had at PUMP. Would you want to risk innocent drivers/pedestrians with Kim behind the wheel? Bravo and the production company could/would be held liable if she, or any of the HWs, gets into an accident driving their own vehicles after an event where there was any alcohol. I guess they could just use limos for Kim and Brandi but then viewers would accuse Bravo of either favoring those 2 or pointing out they are have drinking/addiction problems. Better safe than sorry IMO, so limo/drivers for all! LOL

• Love 4

I thought that whole scene was odd.  Kyle immediately looked like a deer in the headlights, and who can blame her?  From the moment Eileen spoke, Kyle was screwed.  It will now be her fault no matter what happens.  Kyle doesn't agree with Eileen - she's a big fat liar and enabler.  Kyle does agree with Eileen - she's a martyr who capitalizes on her sister's disease to stay relevant.   Kyle warns Kim about what's going to happen - she's sabotaging the "intervention" and inserting herself in the drama.  Kyle doesn't warn Kim - she doesn't care about her sister, and is disloyal.  They will be sure to show that clip at the reunion, and Kim will be asked what she thinks about what Kyle "did".  It won't end well.

I am not keen on Kyle's fashion sense but she has to live with a 5'2' petite frame.  So far she hasn't looked good when she tries to cover it up, she doesn't look good in shorts, shocking the mother of four has some overage in the backstrap of her bikini, man hands, her crew neck sparkle top and black pants were a miss, her teal dress was a miss-is there anything that looks good on this clothing store owner?  Because I think she looked fine, she doesn't look as good as the models and tall girls, Yolanda, Brandi, Eileen  and Lisa R but I have to say if Kyle were at a party in my neck of the woods she would be envied.  I don't think it is necessary to bring up Lisav's cellulite that shows through when she wears white either.  Now if we are talking women who over inject their faces that is a horse of a different color-all voluntary unlike being 5'2" or 6'0" tall. 

Yeah, I understand commenting that Kyle doesn't dress in a flattering manner for her body type, but what the hell is she supposed to do about her hands?   Is it really expected that she keep her hands in her pockets so people won't be offended?  I actually think Kyle's hands look quite small, but then I'm pretty tall and probably have "man hands" myself.

• Love 9

I believe the demographic they are aiming for is the 21 thru 45 age bracket.

Ever since the season they showed Kim driving under the influence, of something, they have used limos and or drivers most of the time for all the women, especially if there is alcohol involved. There was wine served at the lunch Lisa V had at PUMP. Would you want to risk innocent drivers/pedestrians with Kim behind the wheel? Bravo and the production company could/would be held liable if she, or any of the HWs, gets into an accident driving their own vehicles after an event where there was any alcohol. I guess they could just use limos for Kim and Brandi but then viewers would accuse Bravo of either favoring those 2 or pointing out they are have drinking/addiction problems. Better safe than sorry IMO, so limo/drivers for all! LOL

I didn't think of that but it's a good point and makes sense although it does make me wonder why they didn't do that for the Lisas. It's possible that we're both right.

• Love 1

I didn't think of that but it's a good point and makes sense although it does make me wonder why they didn't do that for the Lisas. It's possible that we're both right.

It might be that they know Lisa V will not drink beyond 1 glass as she stayed at PUMP after the party broke up. As for Lisa R, they may have had a driver for her after PUMP because they were going to another restaurant and we did not see them leave, so who knows.

• Love 1

It's possible Lisa VP insists on driving her own car so she can cut out when she wants to escape or she has another engagement.

• Love 1

ETA:  Mods, should we start a new thread for RHOB houses or is it okay to discuss it here?  Great idea for discussion, Ryebread  ^5!!!    

We actually already have one :) I've pinned it for a bit so you all can find it easier (it was on page 2) and it's linked here. Thanks! 

• Love 1

It's Eileen's fault for having drinks at a poker party? She's at fault because adults didn't control their own drinking?!? Besides, Brandi was already drunk so I'm not sure how that's Eileen's fault and Kim took pills beforehand too.

Yolanda had the ladies to a party with drinks and Brandi once again acted like a fool and said nasty stuff. Is that Yolanda's fault for serving alcohol?

In this most current episode, Brandi was again deflecting blame for actions (I accidentally got wine in Eileen's face). Come on. Brandi didn't act out at Lisa V's party I will grant that. However, that's only because she was participating in that purge thing (or whatever) with Yolanda. Otherwise had she been drinking at the party and acting like she usually does, that would have been Ken's fault because he dare serve adult beverages to adults?

I wonder when this behavior becomes the fault of Brandi and Kim?

Yeah, pretty much.

It's like poking a bear with a stick, and then expecting people to be super suprised with the bear attacks.

I'm not saying that the other ladies are not responsible for themselves, I just don't care about Eileen or Lisa R.

Yeah, pretty much.

It's like poking a bear with a stick, and then expecting people to be super suprised with the bear attacks.

I'm not saying that the other ladies are not responsible for themselves, I just don't care about Eileen or Lisa R.

What the.....

These people are adults and fully responsible for their own behavior.  If you can't go out in public without getting funky drunk and being an asshole, than maybe you shouldn't go out in public without supervision.

I'm not a heavy drinker and am able to control myself while drinking, I see no reason why others shouldn't be expected to do the same.  Brandi and Kim are not 6 year olds who need a house baby proofed before they come over.  

Should Eileen have handed out a questionnaire beforehand so she could get a handle on whether or not someone can hold their liquor?

1.  When you've been drinking do you 

a.  Sip slowly like an adult and make it through one maybe two glasses before the night is over?

2.  Finish more than 4 glasses but you're a champ and are perfectly capable of walking straight still.

b.  Pull your sister into a bathroom and insist you're fine then yell some passive aggressive shit at her before you're about to leave.

4.  If you didn't notice these selections are misnumbered, you should probably leave now.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 15

What the.....

These people are adults and fully responsible for their own behavior.  If you can't go out in public without getting funky drunk and being an asshole, than maybe you shouldn't go out in public without supervision.

I'm not a heavy drinker and am able to control myself while drinking, I see no reason why others shouldn't be expected to do the same.  Brandi and Kim are not 6 year olds who need a house baby proofed before they come over.  

Should Eileen have handed out a questionnaire beforehand so she could get a handle on whether or not someone can hold their liquor?

1.  When you've been drinking do you 

a.  Sip slowly like an adult and make it through one maybe two glasses before the night is over?

2.  Finish more than 4 glasses but you're a champ and are perfectly capable of walking straight still.

b.  Pull your sister into a bathroom and insist you're fine then yell some passive aggressive shit at her before you're about to leave.

4.  If you didn't notice these selections are misnumbered, you should probably leave now.

Mos def. Seriously - the blame lies squarely at Brandi and Kim's feet. I have done heard it all now.....

Edited by grittypearl
  • Love 4

I don't know that she kicked Lisa. But she was kicking out in what appeared to be a random direction. It happens sometime around the part she calls Lisa disgusting or says she's a slut whatever it was she was saying. They recently showed it as a flashback for either this episode or the one before. You see Kim kick out, but she is the only one in the frame. She could have been kicking at the camera operator, it's just really hard to tell. It may have been extended footage that they used in the flashback, because I didn't catch it on the original airing.

The kicking was in the original.  It just added to the fucked-upedness that was Kim's behavior in that limo.

"You're disgusting..."  Right back at ya, Kim.

If I'd been LisaR, I'd have worried Kim was having some kind of psychotic break, could OD any minute, or had taken some scary drug that made her unpredictable and potentially violent. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5

Umbelina, they were supposed to be "acting scenes" for fun, and LisaR thought they were "acting scenes"  - they did have that beginning part on the show.  The problem was that Kim drifted in and out of reality because she was high - some moments her mind was in focus and knew she was "acting" a scene, and other moments she lost it and was herself confused on whether she had a grasp on reality or not.   To me, that was really obvious - sometimes Kim knew what was going on and sometimes she didn't.  That was a big part of what was so frightening about that limo ride.  Kim was drifting in and out of reality.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 11

Kim was livid that LisaR had the unmitigated gall to ask Miss Sobriety if she'd been drinking. In Kim's altered state those were fighting words especially in front of the camera. She continued to have a total melt down attacking LisaR verbally and kicking at the guy filming in the front seat. I would have told the driver to take Kim to a hospital emergency room for a fitting...of a white jacket.  Rather than allow her to go to a planned event in that state.  I would then have called Kyle and told her the name of the hospital and went to the poker game just saying that Kim was sick.  The mess would then have been left to her sister to take care of...not the other ladies.  Most importantly the viewing audience would have been spared from viewing a horrid scene between three adults. 

Or on the other hand...in all fairness to LisaR if she notified Kyle before the poker game started that Kim was sick...after a quick assessment, Kyle should have escorted Kim back to a limo and taken her directly to the emergency room.  Any human being complaining of 100% pain and taking someone else's prescription belongs in a hospital...period.  She sure as hell didn't belong in front of the cameras.  A firm hand needs to be taken with someone exhibiting Kim's very out of control behavior. If need be, Kyle should have called off the whole Bravo filming event for the health of her sister...f-the film crew, f-the loss of time, f-the loss of revenue.  My sister's health would have been top priority and I would have asked Brandi for her help rather than fighting with her.

A third scenario would have been to call for a emergency vehicle to take Kim to the hospital ER room.  If she was throwing a full blown fit I'm sure they would figure out how to handle her. Treating Kim with kid gloves does not seem to work. Her anger with Kyle is there no matter what happens. Kyle has to realize she cannot film with a ticking time bomb like Kim. Kim will forever be aiming at Kyle...she's in Kim's cross-hairs permanently. 

If these are the kind of calls Kyle/Brandi got at late at night I would think they were knowledgeable that Kim was out of her gourd long before poker night. Or after all these years has Kyle become desensitized to her sisters ups and downs and just incapable with dealing with her addiction...sort of like the boy crying "wolf."

Hey Andy, get Kim off the show...the woman is s-i-c-k.

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 3