Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/16/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 2/16: Terrence Howard, Louis Gossett Jr., guest co-hosts Stacy London & Michelle Williams

Tu 2/17: John Slattery, Amy Morton, Ella Henderson, guest co-hosts Naya Rivera & Ryan Paevey

We 2/18: David Frei with the winner of the Westminster Dog Show, Taraji P. Henson, Estelle, guest co-host Padma Lakshmi

Th 2/19: Larry Wilmore, Hall & Oates, guest co-host Padma Lakshmi

Fr 2/20: Shawn Bullard, Stacy London, guest co-host Padma Lakshmi

I want to watch to see what they do with the opening credits. Hopefully, they used the opportunity to get rid of that horrible announcer who tries to sound "hip" and crack jokes when he is terrible at enunciating and announcing.

• Love 2

I hate to admit it, but I watched this morning.  Michelle Williams seems to vibrate when she speaks & Stacy London is too much for me.  I watched for Terrence Howard & Louis Gossett Jr.  Louis sure gave Whoopi a tongue-bath, saying he was going to get her back on "the screen" or something like that.  Whoopi didn't mention anything about being at SNL last night!!??

• Love 3

The start was exactly the same except they didnt announce Rosie O..... it was kinda odd..... did they ever address Rosie O leaving??

They let Rosie handle it- She said goodbye at the end of Thursday's show- Earlier in Thurs' show Kenan Thompson (SNL) asked her about her plans to leave- so she spoke a little bit about it

(Fri and today were taped before Rosie left)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3

And Rosie P had been off for a couple of days hadn't she?  They normally acknowledge that but didn't say a word to her.  Nicholle screeching on and on today.  Stacy looked better with more color in her face than a couple of weeks ago when she looked like Morticia and yes SL a side part is more flattering.  I watched the first few minutes then deleted my recording.  I was hoping they would talk about SNL but nothing or did I delete too soon?  

I will try a couple more shows before I do perma delete.

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 2

And Rosie P had been off for a couple of days hadn't she?  They normally acknowledge that but didn't say a word to her.  Nicholle screeching on and on today.  Stacy looked better with more color in her face than a couple of weeks ago when she looked like Morticia and yes SL a side part is more flattering.  I watched the first few minutes then deleted my recording.  I was hoping they would talk about SNL but nothing or did I delete too soon?  

I will try a couple more shows before I do perma delete.

Today's show was pretaped due to President's Day so that's why they didn't talk about the SNL Special.

• Love 1

I couldn't help myself and turned it on about 10 minutes into the hour. There were 5 at the table and it looked crowded.  Nicolle was going on and on and on about if she had a crying/misbehaving child at a restaurant they'd leave.  And that's went I turned it off.

Louis Gossett Jr. and Taraji P. Henson are the only two I would like to see interviewed this week and none of the guest hosts are appealing.

I won't be watching this week, but I will be reading - keep up the good work.

• Love 3

I tuned in today to see how they handled the intro. I watched long enough to see Whoopi start to introduce Michelle Williams and then changed to E's Sex and the City marathon.  I watched Charlotte marry Harry and Carrie get shoe shamed in the hour I would spent on The View.  It sounds like I made a wise choice.

• Love 5

I've been watching this show since Day One, and there have certainly been hosts I enjoyed a lot and hosts I didn't like at all.  Ups & downs all these years, which of course is to be expected.  I've stuck with it through all of that, and I still miss Joy, Meredith, and Barbara - and I will miss Rosie a lot too. 

Having said that, if they make Stacy London a permanent host, I will stop watching.  She is unbearable IMO.  She contributes nothing worthwhile and tries too hard.  Her constantly flailing arms are very distracting, and she's not pleasant to look at.  (Sorry if that sounds mean!)  She should never, ever allow herself to be filmed standing up because she stands all hunched over, and a little voice in my head keeps screaming, "Stand up straight!"   I just find her so appallingly bad in every way and completely wrong for this kind of show.  I have never felt this strongly about anyone, and believe me, I really couldn't stand little Bitsy at all.

I want to keep watching.  I really do.  I can hang in with Whoopi & Rosie P, and whoever else, and I actually kind of like Nicole.  I see that Padma Lakshmi is co-hosting 3 days this week and she's not one of my favorite people in the world, but I would take her in a heartbeat over the incredibly awful Stacy London.  

Thanks for letting me vent!   Seeing Stacy in Rosie's chair today nearly sent me over the edge!!

• Love 6

I'm pretty sure that The View will now be in the same category as The Talk for me:  Record it, watch the intro, and if there's no topic or guest that appeals to me (usually the case), I delete it.

I've watched ever since my knee surgery in 2008.  I used to really love this show.  But I've had it. With Whoopie the Bully and no RosieO or Joy to balance her, I've got zero desire to watch.

It makes me sad.

• Love 10

Whoopi seems so happy. There's no one to challenge her. It's barely 15 minutes in and the conversation is completely dominated by her. Nicole seems to be very shrill today as well. Rosie P tries but she really has a hard time making her point. Hey, View. Enjoy your sweeps! Lol

• Love 8

Whoopi seems so happy. There's no one to challenge her. It's barely 15 minutes in and the conversation is completely dominated by her. Nicole seems to be very shrill today as well. Rosie P tries but she really has a hard time making her point. Hey, View. Enjoy your sweeps! Lol

I noticed this and thought, Whoopi is getting exactly what she wanted, everybody kissing her ass.  

I wonder how the ratings are.  My mother has stopped watching the show and I only watched a little because of the holiday.  

As for Terrance Howard, yes I know his family history.  I thought they were interviewing him because of Empire.  

• Love 4

Did Whoopi mention the SNL reunion today? I saw her on Access Hollywood and Billy Bush was asking her questions about Rosie leaving and did she know what if anything was next? She did a variation of her 'I'm there for the paycheck' routine. I get the impression that when she answers that way she does not want to take any responsibility for what goes on.

I am a real Whoopi fan as I have said before. And I will probably be glad that the tension has eased with Rosie's departure. This show just really could not handle two very strong and opinionated personalities. If Rosie were to get her own show, I would probably give it a go like I have with Meredith's.

Which is interesting because Meredith was so much better with a group on the View than she seems to be on her own show. On the other hand, Rosie in a group dynamic with another strong person just made for tension. Meredith was always a team player and that's why I think that her show is faltering. I would love to see her get a permanent cohost. I think that Meredith has a very good chance of morphing her show into something that could very well replace the View. But now she just seems to small and lost on that huge set.

• Love 3

I'm watching The View this week because I work at home and like to have the TV on to keep me company. I turn it off when silence seems more preferable. I wanted to see what The View is like without Rosie. I agree that Whoopi seems happy. She doesn't have to compete with a sharper comedienne (Rosie), and yes, everyone wants to suck up to her. I used to like Whoopi, but I've lost all respect for her now. If they can't add anyone more interesting to the panel, I'll skip watching altogether. And Nicolle, you were the communications chief during the Bush administration, but you don't know where Malibu is? Why do you play dumb on this show? 

• Love 12

Two strong, opinionated people on one panel is not the problem. The problem comes from when one of those people don't want to listen to the other and thinks her opinion is gospel. Whoopi acts like a child that has to have last word with her all-knowing opinions.

• Love 23

Did Whoopi mention the SNL reunion today? I saw her on Access Hollywood and Billy Bush was asking her questions about Rosie leaving and did she know what if anything was next? She did a variation of her 'I'm there for the paycheck' routine. I get the impression that when she answers that way she does not want to take any responsibility for what goes on.

I am a real Whoopi fan as I have said before. And I will probably be glad that the tension has eased with Rosie's departure. This show just really could not handle two very strong and opinionated personalities. If Rosie were to get her own show, I would probably give it a go like I have with Meredith's.

Which is interesting because Meredith was so much better with a group on the View than she seems to be on her own show. On the other hand, Rosie in a group dynamic with another strong person just made for tension. Meredith was always a team player and that's why I think that her show is faltering. I would love to see her get a permanent cohost. I think that Meredith has a very good chance of morphing her show into something that could very well replace the View. But now she just seems to small and lost on that huge set.

I do like some of Meredith's show.  I heard it was already renewed for a second season?  Has that changed?  Maybe it will be retooled for season two.  The parts of her show I don't like are the games and some of the guests.  She does know how to interview people and some of the heart tugger segments are good too.

• Love 1

Whoopie was happy today and thus much easier to watch. But I do think that the big reason she was happy was the SNL reunion. She had been invited to an elite event with lots of elite people. She was still on the high.

Whoopie said no one had told her that it was black tie so she showed a pic of her wearing a bulky grey sweater and grey knit hat ( http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/whoopi-goldberg-attends-snl-40th-anniversary-celebration-at-news-photo/463546684 different pic, but same outfit). She probably snaps at anyone who recommends she wear something else (other than her bulky sacks) so her staff has learned not to say anything.

With Whoopie engaged in the show, it was better. But nothing special. I turned the channel and realized that I could be watching Wendy Williams instead. So I'll check out the View on occasion, but it's Wendy for me now.

• Love 2
With Whoopie engaged in the show, it was better. But nothing special. I turned the channel and realized that I could be watching Wendy Williams instead. So I'll check out the View on occasion, but it's Wendy for me now.

My Mom's been trying to turn me on to Wendy Williams all year but the only time it is on in my area is at 11am and when I am at home, that has been my View watching time for as long as the show has been on the air.   I've tuned into her once or twice but old habits die very hard and I couldn't seem to quit the View no matter how horrible & godawful it has become this season because I kept tuning in for Rosie.  Even Whoopi yelling at me every morning hadn't made it any easier for me to make the switch.  But now that Rosie has flown the coop, I am going to watch Wendy instead.  I imagine not getting yelled at by a pompous windbag who used to be a big deal will make my mornings that much more enjoyable.

• Love 6

It would have been nice if the woman would have STFU and let Nathan talk. They asked him about his 50 Shades of Gray audition and then they were all screaming and shouting over him. Sooooooo annoying! They are the biggest bunch of harpies I have heard or seen. This show was only good in the beginning (first 5 or 6 years) when everyone were at different ages and had different Views. Hence the title. Whoppie Goldberg is a load and can't speak properly or read a TelePrompTer. Man! She's has really hit a cash cow with this gig.

• Love 8

Reading this forum confirms that my choice of shoveling snow instead of watching this was a good one. But, truth be told, a really crappy episode of the View beats shoveling the damn snow anyday. And, my heart felt sympathies to the people in Boston!

• Love 6

Do you know Padma from Top Chef? I think that she was different when she hosted the show a week or so ago. I was surprised how much I could relate to her on The View when I find her kind of intimidating on Top Chef. Maybe you can give her another chance in a different setting, because she does seem more friendly on The View and talked about every day women stuff. 

I can't help but like Stacey for some reason. She is over the top with the mannerism's but I big hearted her so much when she said she would be sitting on the couch in her gown marathon watching tv on Valentine's Day night. I think she is also relatable so it won't bother me if either one of these ladies are given a chair. 

I haven't watched today yet, it will be the first time I will see Naya hosting. 

And again, 

Hall and Oates!!!! I love me some cheesey 80's music. I watched Restoration Over "Hall", Daryl's show on HGTV and he is a pretty intelligent guy and was a hoot on the show. I was surprised that he restored houses, using the technology from back in the 1700's, 1800's. 

I do know Padma from Top Chef, but also from numerous talk show appearances for years, including The View.  I actually prefer her persona on Top Chef because it makes sense there.  Yes, on talk shows she does act friendly from time to time, but I think she's boring and there's always an undercurrent of superiority.

However,  I would take Padma over Stacy London in a heartbeat because at least she's not so distracting and over-the-top.  IMO Stacy just grates on every level.  And I base that also on not just The View, but other TV appearances.  I think she especially annoys me on The View because she's desperately trying so damn hard to be relevant  and she doesn't fit in with the others.  I have a thing about voices, and I find her voice to be very unpleasant, so that doesn't help either!

JMO, of course!!  :-)

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 1
I liked that Whoopi said she wasn't told it was black tie. I don't think she would have worn a dress or anything, but I think she would have worn a nicer Whoopi outfit.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing it wasn't that "no one told her" but that she wasn't listening - probably because she was talking.  Otherwise it means that out of the 200+ celebrities attending the SNL 40th Anniversary, Whoopi is the one person whose invite didn't mention black tie attire.   I'm glad to hear she at least addressed it though because that means on some level she knew she looked like a slob - or at least knew that people like me thought she looked like a slob.  I live in what is probably the most casual metropolitan area in the country (Seattle) and yet even we know not to wear a knit cap to a fancy event.   If that thing is supposed to address her hair/scalp issues she should call Sherri and invest in a wig.  Or better yet, just own it.  

Ha!  I was hoping that the heir apparent co-hosts (London and Williams) might bring some snark material to the show and/or that with RO gone, Whoopi might stop trying to take over the show but it sounds like she's finally got the show she wanted, The Whoopi Hour, starring Whoopi Goldberg and the rest are just her sidekicks.  Bummer for me.  

I did FF through today (Tuesday) and watched Whoopi fanning her crotch (not sure what that was about but I'm guessing it had to do with the pic of the sexy guy at the table) and then paused when it looked like Whoopi (and Nicole and London) were at NY Fashion Week.  Aaacccck!  It's hard for me to believe that London is the same person who used to tear women apart for not wearing uncomfortable heels and fashionista approved outfits and now she's hanging out with Whoopi Goldberg not only on a TV show but at NYC Fashion Week.    Ha! Definition of a  Famewhore.   Anyway, it took me five whole minutes to get through the show today.   Since it's sweeps month though, I probably shouldn't have bothered to watch at all.  

• Love 14

Like, like, like....Cosmocrush!

I also live in the Seattle area......and even being casual one can "dress up" and still be casual and comfortable. WG was indeed a slob.....not dressed like an event similar to all the other red carpet events she has attended and HOSTED. Rather than dropping in on the way to the grocery store. 

IMO WG is very happy BECAUSE there is NOT anyone to challenge her. Not a good mix on The View......or Whoopi's View as it has turned out to be. 

I'm curious...was it London that called WG out on her clothes for a huge event some years ago and WG was livid? One she hosted, iirc.

I tuned in here and there today waiting for Slattery (actually kind of disappointed in that appearance) and missed the fanning bit but unfortunately saw the time she acknowledged an audience member did something (gas?) and declared "It wasn't me!)

Oh - and again when she dropped her "last egg." Gross.

• Love 8

Did Whoopi really say that  Madonna is irreverent when she was talking about the radio station ban?   It sounded to me like she did, and then someone else said irrelevant which made more sense in the context of the conversation.  Of course then Whoopi had to announce that we don't care because it's in England.  If we don't care, why is it a Hot Topic?  What a waste of time.  

I will be tuning in  tomorrow to see the Westminster Kennel Club Best in Show winner.  I hope Nicolle remembers that dogs are sensitive to high pitched noises and takes it down several notches.

Edited by Abmis
  • Love 8

I had it on today specifically for John Slattery and was very disappointed to see that he didn't care to be interviewed by people who only wanted to read off those fucking blue cards.  That's exactly one thing that was so wrong the last few years.  Rosie O was the ONLY one who knew how to interview without those blasted blue cards. No wonder Slattery didn't want to be there.

• Love 7

I'm curious...was it London that called WG out on her clothes for a huge event some years ago and WG was livid? One she hosted, iirc.

Yep, she was one of the two Whoopi blasted in that same charming way she lets the viewers know she doesn't care what we think either.     I found this on youtube - it was six years ago.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

Yikes....it WAS Stacy London that said re WG and the way she dresses "it is hard to take her seriously," although in a TVGuide article written by someone else, WG responded "you don't judge me by what I wear, you judge me by what I say." So funny!

There is a commercial for an osteoporsis with Blyth Danner and she is wearing ivory slacks, ivory sweater, and a cape with ivory, grey and brown...gorgeous.  Casual and comfortable as well.

• Love 6

Yikes....it WAS Stacy London that said re WG and the way she dresses "it is hard to take her seriously," although in a TVGuide article written by someone else, WG responded "you don't judge me by what I wear, you judge me by what I say." So funny!

Wonder if Whoopi knows she is sharing the table with "Tracey, Stacey, whatever your name is" 

I think that article encouraged Whoopi to be more outlandish (funny that she mentions burlap sacks!)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3

My life long pet peeve is women clawing at their hair.  Pin it, spray it, tie it, or consider another style that doesn't require so much "maintenance".  Just sayin'.

Good hot topics discussion in the first segment, although more over-talking than I like.

Also, Nicolle can quit the wide-eyed wonder ignorance any time.  It's really pissing me off!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2