Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: What Lies Beneath

"--and, go." Hee!

But how does a hologram take a book off the shelf?

--aaand then half the town caves in, right?

Oh, and, Sharif Atkins! Ooh! :)

They're going to have to upgrade the tracking shots of the TZ bridge pretty soon.

• Love 4

I’m going to have to watch this episode again. I was a little distracted working. However, from what bit I did see I liked. It reminded me a lot of season one. They even brought back the Sleep Hollow theme music throughout many scenes.

Glad they didn’t drag out one of the gang learning about Frank.  Loved all of his scenes with Jenny.  Jenny now knows that he’s gone bad. I wonder what she’s going to do with that information. I know that she’ll tell Abbie and Crane, but will they try and save Frank or will they just decide to kill him?

How was Thomas Jefferson still alive after all these years? Edited to  say, Oh, he was a hologram. Got it.

It’s ridiculous how many high profile mentors Crane had in the past. Absolutely unbelievable. Then Jefferson calling Crane a founder of the U.S. RME. Please. LOL

I like the new reporter.

We almost made it through the episode without Katrina and Henry. Damn. They did have to ruin it didn’t they.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 5

I just kept saying to myself, "They keep going back in there. Why can't they take at least one book with them from that library? Even just one of the most important, one that Jefferson deems most crucial, one that contains something to give them even a little help??"

Or are those books all holographic like Jefferson so they couldn't remove them from that space? 

Because otherwise, I would have stuffed a few in my bag with my weapons and ammo. (Well, before he ran out of ammo. Heh. But see, even better! He had extra space for books!)

• Love 19

You had me at Katrina being the worst witch ever. You had me about 100 times more at magical holographic Thomas Jefferson. THAT'S the wonderful craziness I signed up for! And Jenny and Frank! And Abbeys cute new love interest! I will need to watch it again, because I was writing while watching, but seriously. Magic holographic Thomas Jefferson. 

The Dark Side can have Katrina. It will probably be all the better for Team Witness. 

• Love 4

It’s ridiculous how many high profile mentors Crane had in the past. Absolutely unbelievable. Then Jefferson calling Crane a founder of the U.S. RME. Please. LOL

Next we're going to find out that Ichabod travelled to France with Ben Franklin and had a brief fling with Marie Antoinette.

• Love 4

I was so, so glad that Jenny was smart and noticed the marks on Irving's wrist. If she'd been clueless, I would been ticked. But they kept true to her character and how badass she is. And I'm glad that Irving was (sort of) honest with her, warning her that he's going to be evil and he won't be able to stop himself anymore. It's pretty tragic. He's lost everything because of that shitty town.

• Love 5

I kind of liked the episode but the whole plot with the library made little sense.  As mentioned above, I hope they took at least some of the books with them. 

Also why include the Reavers if the Witness's would be hard pressed to get past them.  Especially if they had to go trekking in there every few days or so. 

That said, I liked how Jenny keyed in immediately to Irving and despite my criticisms the episode was decently fun. 

• Love 3

I just kept saying to myself, "They keep going back in there. Why can't they take at least one book with them from that library? Even just one of the most important, one that Jefferson deems most crucial, one that contains something to give them even a little help??"

Or are those books all holographic like Jefferson so they couldn't remove them from that space? 

Because otherwise, I would have stuffed a few in my bag with my weapons and ammo. (Well, before he ran out of ammo. Heh. But see, even better! He had extra space for books!)

Although not explicitly said, I got the impression all of that stuff was kinda tethered to the place.  They couldn't remove it.  Also those things they killed were like the monster-batteries keeping the place going.  So if they couldn't feed, then the whole thing would disappear.

At least that what it seemed like since Ol' Thomas didn't say something like "oh here take this Manuscript Of Importance" with you.  There was no offer for them to remove anything. So I gather they just couldn't do it.

Good episode.  I love the Abbie/Ichabod stuff SO MUCH.  But I am also there for the Jenny Frank scenes.  This was what we've been missing all season while we've been mired in CFD.   How much more the show moved and how nicely it call backs to Ab & Ich and them being Witnesses and their mentors etc.

I feel like I am in the minority but I was not feeling the Reporter guy.  I found him instantly annoying.

• Love 4

I liked this one.

I was nervous about Sharif because I have loved him in other shows (White Collar, Criminal Minds) and I wanted his character not to suck. Very pleased with his introduction.

I was shocked that when Abbie and Crane first see the lid to the tunnel and one of them mentioned the witch symbols that Katrina's name was not brought up. Thank you show.

Poor Frank. Yes, smart Jenny.

Overall, it was just a good old fashioned two witnesses fighting the good fight. That is the Sleepy Hollow I want.

• Love 5

I see you, Show, the way you snuck Katrina in at the end.

My first impressions of Calvin: the actor is cute as hell.  I've never seen him in anything else, but I like him.  I think Calvin has potential, but I'm already sick of hearing about his military career. And I didn't like the way he was busy taking pictures instead of trying to help Abbie pull Crane up out of there when that demon jumped on his back. That's something I don't like about reporters/journalists--they're always so pushy and obnoxious trying to get a story. I notice he gave Abbie a couple of appreciative looks (and that unnecessary email). I hope Abbie gets a viable love interest out of this because that's clearly what he's here for.

My friend was watching the show with me and he said Calvin is there to "mover el piso" for Crane--meaning he's there to shake things up.  I was never really a shipper or anything, but it's always been obvious that there's a ton of romantic chemistry between the two.  I think it's about time that Crane got a wakeup call about his relationship/feelings for Abbie.

Also, it would have been great if Abbie and Crane had brought Jenny in as backup for those monsters, but I get she was busy with Irving.  I'm really happy we got some Jenny/Irving scenes.  I was scared that they were dumbing her down a little when it came to Hawley, but she's still as smart and badass as she's always been.

Edited by Aracely
  • Love 2

The episode felt good, until Henry and Katrina showed up to ruin everything. Blech!

If Jefferson was a hologram and couldn't have physical contact, how was he able to pick up items?

Can we keep Calvin, please? The show is in dire need of male eye candy.

• Love 5

What happened to Irving (assuming it was true) was so confusing to me.  He put on the rune (the temporary salvation rune or whatever) before he was killed by the Horseman of War, and he said the side effect of it made him feel human again.  But when did he not feel human?  Did he mean after he rose from the dead?  Did the rune allow him to come back to life?  And where did this other "version" of Irving come from?

I wasn't feeling Calvin either, but I think that's because he was so hell-bent on finding his brother, which is understandable.  I hope they tone down the aggressive reporter stuff to see how he and Abby might work.  I've liked Sharif Atkins since ER and he's still pretty cute.  What was the point of that picture in the end?  Just to show that he'd been looking at Abby?

Possibly because the Grammys and the BAFTAs aired last night, but I was only semi-into this episode.  I did like the stuff with Jefferson, and it's too bad his holograph self is gone.  Seeing Crane fangirl around him was cute.

Glad Jenny caught onto Irving early.  She's very quick.  I just thought the exposition of what happened was poorly done.  But some very good acting by Orlando.

• Love 4

This is the first episode I remember sincerely enjoying since the trifecta of the Pied Piper, WendiJoe and Weeping Lady episodes. 

What I liked: 

-Abbie + Ichy upfront working as a team

-Steven Weber as Jefferson / Jefferson as a hologram a lá Tupac

-Jenny being suspicious of Irving

-the new journalist dude and being written as a better foil than Hawley

-Using "less is more" with Katrina and Jenry (this is most ominous that the Henry character has felt all season)

-the Reavers 

-All of the undertones of the Ichy / Jefferson bromance

What was questionable: 

-Having Jefferson tell Crane that he's as much of a founding fathers as the others. It was such an unnecessary line. He's already a Witness of the end of days. There's no need to add to his sense of self-importance.

What I didn't like:

- I can't believe they weren't able to retrieve ANYTHING from the Fenestella. It felt almost useless to introduce it.

• Love 5

Was this the season finale?

No, we have 2 more to go now.

Frank and Jenny are my crackship, but even I don't trust a syllable out of Frank's mouth. Jenny was instantly sympathetic to the story, so I smell double-cross on Frank's part. I want them together, yet I was more disbelieving of Frank's wish to provide. It's a believable cover for whatever nastiness he's laying in for Team Witness.  (By the by, if shots are fired in the PD's evidence locker, won't police personnel come with a quickness to see what's going on? Just a civilian, so maybe I'm just being silly about that.)

Magickal holo-Jefferson? Eyes to yourself, dude. Team Witness does not need your...appreciation. At least he was too busy trying to gab at Ichabod to pay much attention to Abby. She was able to get stuff done. I was relieved that Crane and Abby were living folks > old info, even info that could be important.  Tbh, I was hoping that holo-Jefferson would be glad at the choice of preserving life and telling Crane. (I don't always listen super close when the dialogue goes colonial.) At least holo-Jefferson seemed to understand. ::waves at Steven Weber, c'mon back; you were fun::

Katrina and Henry--Well, one of the more dysfunctional mother-son relationships on TV gets a bit moreso.  I just hope that Katrina gets more comfortable clothes, like Henry's sweaters. Maybe an "I'm with my son" with an arrow t-shirt, like the "I'm with Stupid" tees. It might show Katrina has a sense of humor.

It really was nice seeing Sharif Atkins on my TV. I yelped "Jones!" and was pleased he was there. I hope he can become an ally for Team Witness.

• Love 5

I think this episode proves that SH is at its best when it doesn't try to shove in unnecessary characters. I liked Hawley kinda, but it's obvious now that when he's included, Jenny is sacrificed on the altar of dumbed-down in order to make Hawley make sense in the narrative. Same thing with Katrina. When she's shoehorned in heavily, Ichabod is sacrificed on the altar of dumbed-down as well.

• Love 5

Oh!  I liked this episode quite a bit. I get the feeling that the Titanic may be just able to avoid that iceberg ahead. At least the Captain is turning the rudder and reversing engines. I hope that creaking is just the strain on the hull from the turn and not the iceberg piercing it! More thoughts on the episode when I get a chance...

• Love 4

- I can't believe they weren't able to retrieve ANYTHING from the Fenestella. It felt almost useless to introduce it.

That's exactly it! Why introduce that gigantic room filled with information if they weren't going to be able to see any of it? Not even one book. It's la-la-la-lame!  ;)

• Love 6

Katrina with Henry kind of makes more sense, especially since he's over the whole emo teen senior citizen thing.  He can be a bit like Abbie to her Ichabod.  I would like to see Katrina going into one of the New Agey crystal-power "magick" shops and give them what for on proper storage of ingrediants.  "You're storing the eye of newt next to the nightshade?  Are you insane?"

• Love 1

As far as I can tell the room and all the books in it were holographic like Jefferson, which is why he could pick stuff up and why they couldn't take books out. I suppose it means that if they were able to use the room as a resource, Jefferson would have to turn the pages of the books for them!

Why not come back with heavier weapons, shoot all the mole men in the tunnel, and return to use the chamber as needed?

I think the reporter's character introduction suffered a little bit from giving him two big motivations: Save! my brother and Discover! the story. It meant that his drive to be a journalist upstaged his worry as a brother at a few points.I wish Abby had just said, "We're biblical witnesses who are here to stop the apocalypse, people in town are usually killed by demons or evil witches, and my buddy here used to knock drinks back with George Washington. Go ahead and print it, see what happens."

• Love 7

I really liked this episode, it reminded me a bit of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Indy couldn't take the Holy Grail past the seal or it wouldn't work and you couldn't leave the cave if you wanted to be immortal. Maybe that's sort of what the Finestra place was like? You couldn't alter it or it didn't work? Also Jefferson reminded me of the knight in the cave of the Last Crusade, giving advice and staying behind to die.

I think that's a good sign though, before Sleepy Hollow was reminding me of Hart to Hart or some Colonial era soap opera, being like an Indiana Jones movie is a huge improvement!

I like the new guy and hope he's a useful ally for Abbie. I loved her response to his reading her face to see what she was really thinking. "Stop looking at my face!" Hard thing to ask, it's such a great face!

• Love 12

I do wonder why they couldn't just take some of the books with them... Jefferson had them all caged - so why not let them take the time to move all the books - or at least the most critical ones.

Eh - I guess the writers didn't want it to force them to create a show bible... shame - they really need a bible for this show in order to give the world some order and to define rules for it.

• Love 1

What was this?!  It was a Sleepy Hollow I actually fully enjoyed.  I mean, we've got Ichabod and Abbie front and center, a lot of great humor and lines, Abbie is not only right but Ichabod backs her, Frank and Jenny getting a decent amount to do in a B-story, and a historical character that is fun and well-acted (Steven Weber!)  Now, this.  This, I can enjoy!

Sure, there was still some stuff that made me scratch my head.  Hologram Thomas Jefferson was fun, but pretty batshit even for this show.  They didn't even bother explaining it; just said the witch coven had something to do with it and called it a day.  Sure, why not?! It reminded me of the time they found the Roanoke colony, and it was explained away by Ichabod saying a demon moved it there.  But, my main issue was that, yeah: I get their decision to blow up the Fenestella, but why couldn't they at least try to save something?  Ask Holo TJ was he considers the most important or something, and at least grab a few books.  Or wait and collect Jenny, grab a ton of lights and weapons, scare the Reavers off, and grab a even more.  Or where all the books holograms too?  I don't remember hearing an explanation or if Ichabod/Abbie actually picked any up themselves.

Again, though, despite all that, this episode was awesome.  I didn't even mind the Katrina/Henry scene, because it is another sign that Katrina will hopefully go evil, and Ichabod will finally see how wrong he's been.

Hey, Sharif Atkins!  Good to see that the former White Collar gang is finally able to escape that show.

Still have no idea what is going on with Frank, but it almost felt like Orlando Jones did more in just this episode, then the entire season.

• Love 3

Good episode. Very entertaining - and my Witnesses were together in full force without napping Witch messing with their momentum. One complaint I had - goddamn it!! Seriously. You couldn't just pop down there once in a while, take out a minion (Reavers) or two until they were all gone? Then all of that library - ALL of that information wouldn't have been lost. It makes my cry, like knowing about the libraries of Alexandria and what was lost. Why was it so imminent? There was no immediate peril. That information was priceless. Crane and Abbie rescued the two guys and sealed the hatch before it got destroyed - Crane went back in and destroyed the place later. *sigh* writers.

Otherwise, a good episode. I just wish they fleshed out more of WHY those two were Witnesses. I want some answers, and these writers are so stingy with them. I hate that. I mean think about it - Crane had to be shelved for 200+ years for them to be together. There are logistics here that haven't been explained!!

Jenny - Oh god, Jenny Mills - what a BEAUTIFUL gorgeous person (and I covet her hair). Helps Frank but doesn't let her guard down for one second. Wonderful. And so like her sister, and I LOVE it. Frank being shady, acting weird and Jenny knew it right away!! Hell ya! My only sad was that by saying he wanted his wedding ring back - what, no more Mrs and Mr Bamf?? So sad. Lyndie Greenwood and Orlando Jones - a complete blessing and awesomeness added to the show.

To that point - this must be an 18th century thing - all of the delicate female napping. Katrina, what do you possibly do? You don't work, you don't tend house (sorry to sound sexist), you don't magic. What do you DO to cause yourself such exhaustion. Why must you be napping all of the time, resting after such extreme exertion... (oh wait, I was thinking of ABBIE). Out of 55 minutes of a good episode, I am still compelled to write about useless Katrina, who only took up one minute of time. That was one minute too many.

• Love 7

I enjoyed the episode. Abbie/Crane and Jenny/Irving did great. 

I am guessing that the cut to Katrina's hand would be used as a reason why would she go Dark Willow on the Team. It was all Henry fault and Katrina is just a victim of his…what a load of BS heading our way. 

• Love 6

Now this was a Sleepy Hollow episode.  It was the kind of Season 1 fun that has been missing at times from this season.

Really enjoyed the initial scene with Ichabod and Abbie on the battleship.  Where was that btw?  Agreed that the Jefferson hologram was batshit crazy even for the show but damn, was it ever cool to see "Jefferson" in present day.  I enjoy seeing Ichabod's interactions and friendships with the Founders though I agree calling him a Founder was a little too much.  I like the Calvin character.  He's someone from Sleepy Hollow who WASN'T killed off five minutes after he was introduced, already a plus.  And FINALLY someone in the press notices all the crazy shit that happens in the town.  I liked that Jenny quickly realized something was wrong with Irving.  The Reavers were creepy and effective monsters.

I will agree with what others have said...why couldn't they have taken a few books with them?  Even one?

The only weak point was the ending, setting up Katrina the "powerful" witch as a victim once again, with no agency of her own.

• Love 2

I am guessing that the cut to Katrina's hand would be used as a reason why would she go Dark Willow on the Team. It was all Henry fault and Katrina is just a victim of his…what a load of BS heading our way.

I saw that too and couldn't help think that now Katrina has an out. It wasn't my fault Ichabod, our son made me do these wicked things, blah, blah blah. But then I had a good thought, maybe the thorn that pierced her was poisonous! Deadly poisonous!! Now I can sleep well tonight;)

• Love 1

It’s ridiculous how many high profile mentors Crane had in the past. Absolutely unbelievable. Then Jefferson calling Crane a founder of the U.S. RME. Please. LOL

For me, this has gone from the ridiculous to something that now makes me laugh.....it's like "how many different people/events can they POSSIBLY connect Crane to?"  Especially watching next week's preview when we find out about some 'damage' he's responsible for.....our Ichabod has had those long, elegant fingers of his in MANY pies! 

• Love 3

I find I almost never agree with the majority of posters here, I thought this one was OK but to me it lacked the emotional pull some of the better episodes have had. Couldn't they have destroyed the creatures (even if it took multiple trips) rather than the entire structure? Not a bad romp but not one of my favorites. The reporter guy is cute but he annoys me as almost as much as Hawley did.  I don't care if Abbie or Ichabod have outside love interests/wives/husbands whatever, I just don't find them necessary or interesting I'd rather focus on the supernatural action.

• Love 1

My friend was watching the show with me and he said Calvin is there to "mover el piso" for Crane--meaning he's there to shake things up.  I was never really a shipper or anything, but it's always been obvious that there's a ton of romantic chemistry between the two.  I think it's about time that Crane got a wakeup call about his relationship/feelings for Abbie.

Exactly what I thought. If there's another season he will definitely be a Romantic False Lead. Maybe Crane can spend half an episode stuck behind a desk while Abbie has a date night this time.

I really enjoyed the witnesses this episode. It felt normal. 

Loved the Jenny and Irving scenes. I feel like Orlando Jones is bringing it this season compared to last. Actually I think Lyndie's much better too.

The whole time Crane was peeing himself over Thomas Jefferson all I could think about was the talk he had with Abbie and Irving last season.

My god this show just can't help itself when it comes to Katrina. Again she's the victim of Henry. It's like circles with this one. She's just there to recieve poisonous spiders and thorns. I guess Solomon Kent last week was literally just to tell the audience Katrina can go dark and actually has powers. I'm beginning to wonder if she has any free will. Whatever destruction she causes will of course be no fault of her own either. Sigh....

Love Sharif Atkins. I was a fan of his back on ER. I've convinced myself that Calvin Riggs is actually Dr. Gallant, who faked his own death in Iraq to become a deeply imbedded photo journalist overseas.

At the least, Ichabod should've grabbed the box. Then again, not having the answers leaves a lot open to be explored and may be a positive thing for this show.

Edited by archiesmom
  • Love 3

I genuinely loved this episode, the bumps that the creatures provided (yikes!) more colonial name-dropping, more good intentions gone horribly wrong. 

"We always have the internet" I was sad to see the library blown up, that could have been an awesome and highly informative new hang-out for the witnesses and largely dust-free too, since if I understood correctly much of it was largely an illusion, basically a supernatural version of a computer mainframe producing holograpic projections that were powered by a magic battery. From what I understood, the reavers had a synergistic relationship with the power source that made the library and the sentient hologram of Jefferson exist and I think it was implied that through time they had multiplied into a large colony and evolved into something far more dangerous than what they had been when placed there. I doubt they were originally intended  to be so malevolent that they could pose a mortal peril to the very people who the library was built to aid and I thought it was implied that as long as the power was on they would exist. I think Crane feared the possibility of any of them, never mind a group escaping into a populated area. They ate that poor man!

Frank doesn't look like he's going to make it out the other side.. I liked the explanation that he stole a rune from Henry that has served to protect his essential self and that there is a part of him fading along with the rune that still has agency and morality despite having his soul stolen. I loved how Jenny dealt with it, she was smart and badass. Not every character needs to be a badass, but she's damn good at it.

I enjoy Henry when he's used judiciously. Also, thanks to playing too damn many video games, I'm a sucker for the powerful corruption brought about by blood magic, so, yay Henry.

Love Sharif Atkins. I was a fan of his back on ER. I've convinced myself that Calvin Riggs is actually Dr. Gallant, who faked his own death in Iraq to become a deeply imbedded photo journalist overseas.

Yes!

I enjoyed him! However, there was something off about the character, not shady "off" more like they were just a little too plot-pointy about bringing him into the fold and the character reads as awkward as a a result.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 5

Am I late to the party realizing that this is what they meant when Henry (or was it Moloch?) didn't want to kill Katrina when they had her captive because she is a "Hellfire shard"? I'm a bit sketchy of the details because I was shouting "just kill her already!" at my tv. Does that make Irving a soon to be Hellfire shard?

Or I'm overthinking this and giving too much credit to the writers for tying that into the end of the season.

• Love 1
I enjoyed him! However, there was something off about the character, not shady "off" more like they were just a little too plot-pointy about bringing him into the fold and the character reads as awkward as a a result.

I think it's because they brought him in so late due to re-writing the Hawley storyline. I'm not complaing though, pulitzer prize winning photo journalist is loads better than her sisters nomad, ex-boyfriend who lived on a houseboat.

Edited by archiesmom
  • Love 1

Wait, so the hella shady look Katrina was sporting after reading Frank meant nothing? I guess it could have been the direction, but I'm pretty convinced at this point that Katia Winter is just incapable of projecting an appropriate emotion with any kind of consistency. It's so frustrating, since even aside from the crappy writing for her character, she's impossible to read.

• Love 9

I agree with the above poster who said the writers can't help themselves when it comes to Katrina. She's a victim of Henry and will again need to be rescued by Ichabod sooner or later. We got 40 minutes of filler, with the last few allocated to what the entire season has been about, Crane family drama. Please kill off Henry and his mama to save this show. I'm convinced it's the only way for things to move forward. They must die.

Edited by Blackhoney
  • Love 7

Season 1 is back! A great episode with BAMFs Abbie and Ichie and Jenny!!! Woot. And only one minute (a minute too long indeed) of the "powerful" witch and her stupid CFD. Katrina really is useless, isnt she!

I liked the reporter (who I hadn't seen before). Just the right kind of guy to keep Abbie happily on her toes.

I kind of liked the episode but the whole plot with the library made little sense.  As mentioned above, I hope they took at least some of the books with them.

I knew, as soon as Jefferson said that it was for the Witnesses it would go BOOM! (I'd at least have snuck a peak at some of the "mentors"!) A sdtandard TV trope.

She could make an appearance as the Headless Horsewoman. And bring cake.

Brioche, actually. The "cake" thing was a mistranslation .

Wait, so the hella shady look Katrina was sporting after reading Frank meant nothing? I guess it could have been the direction, but I'm pretty convinced at this point that Katia Winter is just incapable of projecting an appropriate emotion with any kind of consistency. It's so frustrating, since even aside from the crappy writing for her character, she's impossible to read.

My Magic 8-Ball again: "All signs point to Yes".

• Love 2

I guess I'm in the minority because I found the episode awful.

On the upside

The CFD only took up a minute this episode.

On the downside

The library was incredibly aggravating, they were all standing around having a pointless conversation while the people who had already been down in the tunnel for 24 + hours were in imminent danger of ... something ? It undercut the supposedly tense situation having them wax philosophical about the needs of the many against the needs of the few except the colonial style version instead of the Star Trek version.

I kept yelling at Crane to pick up a book, any book and read it's contents or have Abby take pictures with her cameraphone. I hate the trope of blowing up something ancient because of lame reasons. As far as I could tell there was nothing stopping them from looking at any of the scrolls or books. Even if they were holographic, they could have told Jefferson proxy to turn some pages quickly in order to secure the most important information.

UGH I hate the trope of destroying the important information just so the main characters can wander around aimlessly lost for the remainder of the show so they can react instead of being proactive in the search for new mentors/artifacts.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 2

This episode was great until the last minute and a half. I am just going to pretend that last scene didn't happen.

If the books were holographic and/or couldn't be removed, then how about Jefferson just telling Crane and Abbie one or two important facts buried in all of those books before they left?

I would like to see Katrina going into one of the New Agey crystal-power "magick" shops and give them what for on proper storage of ingrediants.  "You're storing the eye of newt next to the nightshade?  Are you insane?"

Didn't Giles do that when he first took over the Magic Box?

• Love 4

To that point - this must be an 18th century thing - all of the delicate female napping. Katrina, what do you possibly do? You don't work, you don't tend house (sorry to sound sexist), you don't magic. What do you DO to cause yourself such exhaustion. Why must you be napping all of the time, resting after such extreme exertion... (oh wait, I was thinking of ABBIE). Out of 55 minutes of a good episode, I am still compelled to write about useless Katrina, who only took up one minute of time. That was one minute too many.

IKR?  And bitch had the audacity to throw shade at Mary Poppins.

• Love 12

The episode reminded me of S1, even if it wasn't the best, it was still enjoyable. However, I have to question its placement before the two-part season finale, because other than the final scene, it felt aimless and lacked urgency. Leaving the show without a strong villain to tether the show was a mistake. That needs to be addressed next season. Henry is not compelling enough though, the show needs an entity big enough to rival the god, that put the Witnesses on their path.

Calvin was a great addition and I hope he comes back, because he had really good chemistry with Abbie. She also needs a support system beyond her sister and I think he could be a great friend or even more. I hope TPTB don't neglect her character and make up for this S2 mess by making her world a little bigger.

I'm glad Frank has more to do lately, but he's been saddled with the worst storyline of the season. Orlando is doing a wonderful job, but I can't help but squirm uncomfortably at the idea that he's Henry's servant and that Henry owns his soul. I hope this situation gets resolved this season.

The writers are determined to rob Katrina of any agency, aren't they? If I cared one tiny bit for the character, I'd be livid, but since I don't, I'm more worried about the fact that this show is in the most incompetent hands, because, for a character they love so much that they pushed her to the brink of breaking the show (and let's not kid ourselves, maybe they already broke it beyond repair), they sure as hell don't know how to make her actions interesting. Whatever they tried to do with her, good, shady or evil, she just comes off as inept and hapless. If there is anything she managed to accomplish, it must have been out of pure serendipity or with lots of help from really powerful people. I've been tempted to describe her as a con woman, who convinced others she was powerful and needed, only to leech off them, but then I remember how deeply lacking in charisma she is, something absolutely necessary for such a feat and I'm back to square one. She has never made any sense.

• Love 4