Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Obviously that wine haze hasn't effected your critical reasoning skills, you still appear smarter than Ms. Swift.  Carry on.

I think filling myself on leftover Cheezburger Macaroni has helped to kill my buzz. Or it's this show and all of its depressing performances. Kind of a toss up. I must rectify this to get through the next twenty minutes.

Speaking of, when was the last time we saw an award? I forgot this show isn't just a crappy concert. They do hand out the occasional award, right? 

If nothing else, the Grammy's make me appreciate those Rush tickets we just bought. Because at least that's music.

• Love 1

So Pharrell's WIFE made a costume change.  Huh. Can't say I blamed her...that track-suit/onesee she was wearing couldn't have been very convenient. 

And wait... did Kanye just make a funny?  Am I in a bizarro world? 

Edited by loriro
  • Love 1

I missed it, but he was probably going to tell the audience that Beyonce was robbed.

And that's the one time I would have loved to seen Taylor's reaction!

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
Did NO ONE release up-tempo songs this year?

I think with Casey Kasem dying this past year, the Grammys really didn't want to go into any up-tempo numbers. 

Yeah, I know, that was terrible. In every sense. 

Did Kanye just rush the stage?

He did, And though I always that it was the douchiest of all his actions over the years, I actually let out a laugh just now. It helps that Beck had a sense of humor and was urging him back on the stage. 

Edited to add

WTF, is that Kristin Wiig? And that little girl dancing around to the Sia song always makes me think that Hit Girl from KickAss has lost her mind. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 5

The first person doing this performance art looks like the woman from SNL and Bridesmaids. Can't think of her name... 

Is that Kristen Wiig?

UrbanShocker and roseslg... Thank you!  If it's not, could pass for her twin!

Edited by loriro

Why is Shia LaBoeuf here?

He appeared in Sia's video "Elastic Heart..."

I really should start betting on these shows. Everyone said AOTY was between Sam Smith and Beyonce but I totally called this being between Beck and Beyonce. I felt that if voters went for the critical darling, Beck would win but if they went for the commercial/most buzzed about, Beyonce would win. Now they need to just give Sia either SOTY or ROTY or preferably both for Chandelier.

Shia was in Sia's new video with the girl from Dance Moms. Not for this song though. They were both in flesh colored body suits, rolling around the floor in a giant cage. It was very creepy. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 1