Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Man, I was totally going to joke that after this speech, they were going to cut to Katy Perry writhing around with sharks and lollipops.

As much as I am not a Katy fan, I did like the dancing sharks. They stole the show in my opinion.

• Love 2

I'm curious to know: did the domestic violence seminar idea happen first, and then Katy Perry performing after? Or was it just something to fit with the Katy Perry performance? Or am I just that cynical? (Trick question: it's the wine. It's always the wine.)

• Love 1

Is it wrong that the musical intro to this Imagine Dragons song reminds me of "Big Country" from back in the 80s? 

ETA:  well ... it's not just the intro...the rest of the song sounds like a cross between that and Depeche Mode's "I Promise You" .

This is seriously Katy Perry? I didn't even recognize her. Didn't she just have purple hair an hour ago? 

Spent the entire performance wondering which was a wig... the purple or the brunette. 

Edited by loriro
  • Love 4

Imagine Dragons is what passes as rock music these days. That makes me really sad.

Thank God I'm not the only one. I finally feel validated in this and the Beyonce indifference. My people!

ETA: I thought the purple hair chick on the red carpet was Demi Lovato? Whoever she is?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
Is it wrong that the musical intro to this Imagine Dragons song reminds me of "Big Country" from back in the 80s?
BLESS YOU, loriro! I was racking my brains trying to recall where I'd heard that EXACT series of notes! BC needs Tom Petty's lawyers!
  • Love 1
BLESS YOU, loriro! I was racking my brains trying to recall where I'd heard that EXACT series of notes! BC needs Tom Petty's lawyers!

Hah!  No problem LennieBrisco (love the name BTW)! I'm just glad I'm not that only one who a) thought that, and b) even remembers who Big Country was! 

R.I.P Stuart Adamson, I loved their bagpipes from hell sound.

• Love 3

I shouldn't really comment on Gaga's performance here because I have the song "Heaven" on my song list in my phone as sung by Sanjaya Malakar from American Idol season 6.

My musical taste is ... sketchy.

Holy ballsack Batman! Another sleepy ass song. I mean, Stevie rules, natch, but whither the up-tempo numbers?

• Love 1

Oh my god.  Did NO ONE release up-tempo songs this year?  

Seriously though. Maybe it was just that everything seems better through the eyes of your youth, but man. When I was young, I was SO excited to watch the Grammys every year. They were fantastic... it was an event! And the performances (vintage Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, etc...) were talked about (in a good way) for a long time afterward.  This show isn't just bad... it's boring.  That's a depressing commentary on the state of popular music today. 

• Love 12
I had the Big Country Album....On Vinyl!  *LOL*

Yup, me too.  In fact, I still have a couple of the 12" extended singles, Wonderland being my fave.  

I don't know what it is exactly but they need to kick it up a notch or two and keep the show going at a steady flow.  Something is just so off.  And I'm getting old.  

I shouldn't really comment on Gaga's performance here because I have the song "Heaven" on my song list in my phone as sung by Sanjaya Malakar from American Idol season 6.

And this marks the only time you'll see the name Sanjaya Malakar in a Grammy topic.

• Love 14