Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

With Gwen Stefani as Eva Peron.

I'll allow it.

Hozier. Love him. Tall, dark, seductive, commanding. I listened to his entire album at work and, yeah, the kid's got it. I wish he would've won Best New Artist. And Annie Lennox? I seriously would just let sing my song like, "fuck me...it's your song now, Ms. Lennox". And I love her natural androgyny. She did it first. Not this fake party-girl lezbo vibe that Miley gives off. And please don't tell me this bitch started playing the ghost harmonica. Please don't tell me that. WORK BITCH!!!

• Love 6

No Trader Joe's Two Buck Chuck in Canada?

I am loving this Hozier/Annie Lennox duet.

Nope. In my youth, I used to buy the jug of porch climber for 16.99. Now I buy the slim bottle with a screwtop. I think I'm grown and matured. The Hamburger Helper on the other hand...

Oh, Annie Lennox. Thanks for showing these ladies how to do it with class, awesomeness, and talent.

• Love 5

I loved when Annie was interviewed by Guiliani Twitface, she said essentially she shows up because she enjoys the artistry of the music, but she thinks the Grammys is a stupid circus and has nothing to do with artistry or talent.  Twitface was speechless, it was great.

• Love 16

Okay, Hozier and Annie just blew the roof off the joint, and there's Kanye and his fameball wife with dead eyes, looking bored as hell.

Meghan Trainor. I don't get the voice. She's from Nantucket Massachusetts. Can't get more rich-white-preppy than that. Here's hoping this is all we see of her. Her song is nothing but a novelty song. This years' "Who Let the Dogs Out" (which unfortunately won...I need another reference.)

• Love 5
Happy (Grand Budapest  Hotel version)

HA! I was just coming to post that Pharrell looked like a refugee from the cast of The Grand Budapest Hotel! 

Was Ryan wearing the same thing LL was? The blue jacket/black pants combo?

Yes... Ryan was wearing a double-breasted version.

Edited by loriro

Her song is nothing but a novelty song. This years' "Who Let the Dogs Out" (which unfortunately won...I need another reference.

"Girl You Know It's True" - Milli Vanilli  (oh my, that doesn't work either)

Edited by kib

Why does the Weeknd look like he let somebody 3rd grader do his hair? I understand you're trying to be different and shit, but...you're a grown ass man, dog. And you did a song with Ariana Grande so you aren't that eccentric.

I'm glad that Pharrell performance didn't last too long. I think part of what annoys me about that song is that it's him singing him. Pharrell has a thin voice, and it's not much better live. Had that been in the hands of another artist who can actually sing and not just carry a tune, it probably would be a less irritating listen. But with Pharrell it just sounds like the song swallows him up. Imagine, say, Bruno Mars singing it. I'm only lukewarm on him these days, but he can actually sing.

Do you think Chris Brown is squirming in his seat during this Obama domestic violence speech?

Ha! totally forgot he was there this year - wonder how BOTH he and Rihanna feel right now.

This is definitely a very ballad-heavy Grammys. I can't remember a show like this one in recent years. And I heard Beyonce has some choir too so she's not doing something upbeat, Sam Smith doesn't have any upbeat songs, Gaga and Tony Bennett are doing something from their Jazz collaboration album and Rihanna is doing FourFiveSeconds which is a bit faster but not by much  So what the hell - isn't anyone going to do anything fun and exciting?

Meanwhile Katy wins for most boring so far...so I guess congratulations?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

Annie Lennox took them to church!  When she came on, my 14 yr old brother said: oh, she has a powerful voice.  My response: That's mother-fucking Annie Lennox(mother-fucking implied, of course).  His response: who?  I then had to try and school him in who Annie was.  Sad to say, he was not interested.   He loves Taylor Swift though.  I lost my mind when they cut to Taylor swift after Annie's performances.  I started ranting about how Taylor wished she had a quarter of the talent that Annie does.   Now he thinks I'm crazy.   

Edited by roseslg
  • Love 13