Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Pantry Of Horror

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show. Please feel free to start threads for characters, episodes, etc.!

If you (collectively) would like to change the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

I'm just sad pretty Joe is gone.  There probably doesn't need to be a new thread for that.  It's incredibly small and shallow of me to feel that way, so it's appropriate to go in this thread.

Just watched the last ep. That chicken parm looked really yummy. May have to try Bobby's recipe on that one. Nails was the only one of the final four I wasn't that crazy about, but for whatever reason I find myself liking her more now. Jamie is still my favorite, but I was sorry to see Mike go.

The final four cooking for their loved ones was really cute. Even with all the silliness on the show, it seems like they learned a lot along the way. The whole long nails thing makes me shudder, I wouldn't want those around my food!

I'm embarrassed to admit that until last week I thought that Jamie was a woman with really short hair and somewhat masculine features.  It wasn't until last week when I read a soon to be closing forum that I realized my mistake.  

Liked him when I thought he was a she, like him now that I know he's a he. So, I guess that the main purpose of this post is to say, 'Good Lord I'm dense!'

• Love 1

I like Jamie, but it was hard not to cheer for Mike in that last episode. He and his girlfriend are just the cutest little hipster couple ever.

I want Jamie FTW, but I'm a little torn because I like Bobby soooo much better than Anne, especially on this show. He seems like a much more insightful teacher. But Nails gotta go. I kind of want the judges to  see her walk out after the meal and lay into her about her nails, all, "I can't believe I ate food prepared by someone with those THINGS!"

New to this forum.  RIP TWOP.  Glad to be here :-)

Okay, so I got the whole edit for Amber and knew it would be her (although I haven't yet finished the epi), but she grated me something fierce this entire season.  I was TOTALLY Team Jamie, although Ann can suck it.  Loved how Amber (at least in edit) seemed to tick Ann off with "Yes, Ann, we know" comment.  Bobby was really supportive when he'd taste Jamie's stuff.  Ann was playground-age competitive and showed herself an ass.  

I was sad Jamie didn't win but I guess if Amber could cook with those claw fingernails she deserved the win!

No, seriously, Amber took the risk with making the octopus and bison and apparently did a good job. I thought the octopus was gross looking but on the plate it actually looked tasty.

I thought Ann was a poor sport about losing, she had that aw crap expression on her face when they announced the winner and I didn't see her congratulate Amber or Bobby either.

Welcome to Previously.TV!
The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Ann is a poor sport.  She's a sore winner and 10 times worse when she loses.  This show, Chopped, Next Iron Chef....she's shown herself not to be the nicest person to varying degrees on all of them.

I saw a promo for the next season, entitled "Worst Cooks In America, Celebrity Edition", which premieres Wednesday September 23, 2015 with the following contestants:

• Barry Williams, actor, best known for portraying Greg Brady on The Brady Bunch
  • Chris Soules, farmer, and former contestant on the reality series The Bachelor
  • Dean Cain, actor, best known for portraying Superman in the TV series Lois and Clark
  • Ellen Cleghorne, actress and comedian, best known as a cast member on Saturday Night Live
  • Jaleel White, actor, producer and screenwriter, best known for portraying Steve Urkel on Family Matters
  • Jenni "JWoww" Farley, television personality, best known as a cast member on the reality series Jersey Shore
  • Kendra Wilkinson, television personality, best known for appearing on the reality series The Girls Next Door and Kendra

Rachel Ray will be the second coach.

Oh, my.

There's literally no one on that list I want to see. No one. 

Clearly FN is trying to bring in fans of other reality shows. But as far as the "real" actors, I suspect any fans are going to be in that dreaded older demographic (of which I am a member).

• Love 4

As a former fan of The Bachelor who now watches only about 20% of the episodes, I will say that Chris Soules may be the single most boring person to have ever appeared on that show. Ever. In its entire history. He is "boring" personified. Drag out every cliche about boring people, insert his name, and ... I can't. I just can't.

• Love 2

Ye gods.  I've never heard of a single one of those people nor have I watched any of their shows.  The season will start just like any season with a bunch of unknowns AFAIC except I'll now expect a lot more "dramatic" behaviors. 

I wonder if Anne Burrell is really difficult to work with or the fact that her co-hosts keep changing is coincidence.  I liked the shows when she was paired with Bobby Flay.

• Love 1

So.....seven contestants. How that's supposed to work when they have teams of two? And if they if they eliminate one from each team every episode this show will last 3 weeks.

I'm sure Anne isn't the most pleasant person to work with on this show--I thought she and Tyler were going to come to blows on the finale--but I think the rotating mentor is part of the show's schtick. I'm curious to see Rachel Ray interact with her because she doesn't seem very competitive.

Biakbiak:

I don't watch The Bachelor, or the female version, but I know Chris was the bachelor on the last cycle of The Bachelor, after which he went straight into the next cycle of Dancing with the Stars that started after his show ended; & then he broke up with the girl he got engaged to on The Bachelor while he was doing DWTS. And yeah, he's overstayed his 15 minutes.

Edited by BW Manilowe

We are going to see a lot of acting here.  I don't believe for a minute that all of these people cannot cook.  It is just another way to get on TV.  sigh

At least we know going in that they're all actors - no guessing which ones came straight from central casting!  

• Love 2

Did the celebrity edition ever come on?

Yeah. It started airing at/toward the end of September (So it ended in, like, late October or early November). The discussion thread's in the Past Seasons section at the top of all the other threads you see after clicking on the show title.

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 1

Yeah. It started airing at/toward the end of September (So it ended in, like, late October or early November). The discussion thread's in the Past Seasons section at the top of all the other threads you see after clicking on the show title.

I don't have cable, but I have Sling and they allow you to watch old episodes. For some reason, only the last season that aired last year is there. That's why I was wondering if it came on. I'm going to look for it again. Maybe it's not called Worst Cooks.

Thank you!

I don't have cable, but I have Sling and they allow you to watch old episodes. For some reason, only the last season that aired last year is there. That's why I was wondering if it came on. I'm going to look for it again. Maybe it's not called Worst Cooks.

Thank you!

It was called The Worst Cooks in America, as usual, but I think they added Celebrity Edition to the title. Try looking for it under the regular title with Celebrity Edition added to it.

• Love 1

A local is going to be on the show. She was featured in Sunday's paper. She said her grown sons nominated her. She thought she was a fairly good cook, but when she told the sons she was thinking of opening a deli in Annapolis, they told her "You can't cook!".

http://www.capitalgazette.com/lifestyle/food/ph-ac-cn-worst-cooks-america-1222-20151227-story.html

I think she is the one in the commercial acting like heating water is difficult.  Glad to see there is at least one real person on the show as opposed someone who pretends to be a bad cook.

By the way, I think the bow-tied accountant from a few seasons back was in a commercial a few weeks ago.  It looked like him although he wasn't wearing a bow tie.

• Love 1

I swear I just saw Holgie playing the suspect's aunt on the 2/11 episode of Murder Book on ID Network. It is not listed in her credits on IMDB.

I just saw it too and came in to post.  It's now on imdb, 11 credits down from the top. It was driving me nuts where I knew the "aunt" from!  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0286726/?ref_=tt_cl_t8 She also has a credit for "Sex Sent me to the ER".  I've always wondered where TLC got the 'actors' for their ER reenactment shows.

• Love 1

I need help trying to win an argument with my Dad that popped up over the weekend. He has always watched Food Network, HGTV, etc. and I was telling him about the various shows I now watch on Food Network. He said that one time he was watching an episode of Worst Cooks and it was 4 short order cooks. He got incredibly too mad at me for even suggesting maybe he was mistaken, but what possible show could he have been referring to. I know it wasn't Worst Cooks because: 1. that would be HORRIBLE for business for whomever employs said worst short order cook and 2. that isn't the Worst Cooks format.

Please note: I am nearly 40 and he's nearly-er 70 and he started screaming at me like I was a know it all teenager!