Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: May The Gods Of Good Pies Be With Us!

but I'm primarily watching this to hate-watch Brandi, Kate, and Geraldo.

Haha, SAME! Thank God for this forum because no one I know IRL understands the concept of "hate watching". I remember getting all excited about Brandi, Kate, and Kenya being on....and my husband was like, "You hate all three of them". Exactically! 

Usually someone ends up surprising me and making me root for them, though. At this point, for some reason, I think it might be Lamas?

• Love 7

I have never heard of Pie Face.  But then I don't know all the so called celebs this season either.

I don't like the challenges that are all about how much money you can bring.  Actually it is all about who they know rather than what they do.  I did notice the people that did not have the big rolodex were the ones that seemed to be working harder in the kitchen on both teams.  They were making up for it in other ways. 

I knew Trump/Piers would get upset about Keisha not calling on Cosby.  The same thing happened when the playmates didn't call Hefner or Jesse James didn't call his then wife Sandra Bullock.  Trump seemed to think everyone would love to be mentioned on his famous show and give money.  Trump has the ego and doesn't understand how anyone could turn down a chance to be on anything with the Trump name involved.

Since this show is about the money it is surprising more celebs don't have people lined up in advance that they could call.  They could offer to put up the money themselves if someone else would pretend to give it.  I don't think there is any talent in knowing rich people.  I want to see the celebs do some work and win.

• Love 3

CA is the flame, and I am the moth - I can't not be drawn to it, and watch it, even though doing so eats my soul and leaves me spitting mad.  It's one of the very few shows I actually hate-watch (State of Affairs is the only other current), and each season I vow with solemn oaths never to watch again.  And then I do, as soon as a new one is shown.  I haven't actually watched last night's episode yet, but it seems to have run 100% true to form, guaranteed to make me shriek aloud my hatred of Trump.  Can't wait.  

• Love 3

Keshia was just on Wendy and had nothing but nice things to say about Cosby.  When asked what she thought about what's going on now, she repeatedly said these are allegations and this is not the man that she knew.  The Bill that she knows is a philanthropist who has done much for education and children.

The second we hear anyone say that as a defense, our antenna should pop out.  After all, what does giving money to charity have to do with being a rapist (or not)? And yet that's the defense.  "He's a philanthropist who gives to children!".  I mean what the fuck?  How many preachers who are sex addicts and theives, or Catholic Priests who are molesters, do we have to namecheck before it gets through people's thick heads that evil can cloak itself inside community service/giving?

• Love 11

I've actually come around on the fundraising challenges, whereas I used to dislike them intensely. But there's an objective measurement (presuming the totals they report are correct). The "do this for blah-blah client and blah-blah client will judge who he/she likes best" challenges are way too easy to fix the results. I almost never believe those results, unless it's a night-and-day difference. They are the great equalizer for Trump, and how he can keep the teams equal. Blah-blah client picks who Trump wants to win/lose, to make the best show that week.

But money doesn't lie and can't be bought. You can't manufacture $50,000 out of thin air. At least, I don't believe reality shows have sunk that low...yet.

I live in NYC and this is the first time I have ever heard of Pie Face.

It is an Australia chain but I think they moved too fast.  Last time I looked they had closed all of their NYC stores.

• Love 1

Gilbert G is a guy who gets away with saying stuff nobody else dares to say because he says it in a comic voice. He can be very irritating. But when asked to evaluate Geraldo' s performance, he basically said to Trump, tell me your opinion and I'll agree with it. Brilliant, because he's letting Trump know that it's a game, and he wasn't playing by the rules. Everyone else tends to hedges that question, afraid to say the wrong thing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't sure about the definition of celebrity. Who the hell ARE these people? One guy popped up out of nowhere, I had to rewind to see his intro, and I still have no idea.

• Love 2

What was with Ivanka's comment on how articulate the women's team is?  She sounded so surprised/impressed by their ability to string multi syllabic sentences together.  Although, she obviously hasn't spent too much time conversing with Brandi yet.  Dumb as a box of rocks that one.  The only big words she knows are 4-letters long.

I think after dealing with Teresa Guidice a few seasons ago, where it was embarrassing how incoherent and inarticulate she was, everyone looks better afterwards.

Oh and Lorenzo saying that the women would do better than the men on the pies because "cooking is what women do"? STFU, You can leave any time. Although his misogyny always fits in well on Celebrity Apprentice. There was also a crack at the beginning of the episode about how the women's team should call themselves Team Hormone. Yes, because men clearly have no hormones and never act on such hormones. Ugh. The sexism has made me come so close to quitting this show so many times.

Edited by wudpixie
  • Love 5
It is an Australia chain but I think they moved too fast.  Last time I looked they had closed all of their NYC stores.

That's why I'm a bit surprised that Buddy Valastro agreed to appear. He's been opening Carlo's Bakery and Cake Boss Cafe satellites all over the place, including one in Hell's Kitchen. Wouldn't a chain of pie stores be his competitor? This was obviously filmed before Pie Face shut down.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 1

The second we hear anyone say that as a defense, our antenna should pop out.  After all, what does giving money to charity have to do with being a rapist (or not)? And yet that's the defense.  "He's a philanthropist who gives to children!".  I mean what the fuck?  

Hold up, there, a sec.  I apologize if I made it sound like she was defending him. It seemed to me she was only saying what she knew about him personally. Here's what I wrote.  Just stating the facts of what SHE said:

Keshia was just on Wendy and had nothing but nice things to say about Cosby.  When asked what she thought about what's going on now, she repeatedly said these are allegations and this is not the man that she knew.  The Bill that she knows is a philanthropist who has done much for education and children.

My neighbor was someone who embezzled tons of cash from a business.  A school, as a matter of fact.  Before he was arrested, if someone had asked me if I thought he was guilty, I'd've said, "Hell no. Not this guy."  Emphatically.  And then I would have listed the reasons why *I* personally believed at that moment that he wasn't capable. I can't imagine AT THAT TIME having any other response. 

• Love 3

Wow, I couldn't believe all the DWTS alumns on this show. Their agents must be connected, go from DWTS to CA to ... ? I laughed at Sig Hansen being on this show since all he talks about when he's on a chat show is how he wants in the worst way to be on DWTS.

The women's team is full of what Trump likes, big boobs popping from tops and vacuous brains. Shawn is one exception, she looked lovely in the board room and kept her mouth shut, the wisest thing to do.

Kate couldn't shut up and is a PITA, just like she was so horrid on DWTS. I knew Trump wouldn't fire her because she's gonna bring the drama that Keisha could not/will not. Sorry to see Keisha go. I really liked her hair.

Keisha could have called any of her other "Cosby family." Some of them are still working. If Bill Cosby had made an appearance, even w/o coughing up money, Trump would have kept Keisha. But glad she's gone so we don;t have to hear any more about how fabulous Cliff Huxtable is.

I don't get what having X number of Twitter followers has to do with this show. How many are in NYC so they could come buy a pie? Maybe if Jonas had set up a PayPal account and asked every one of his 4.5 million followers to donate one dollar, that would have been something. But then Shawn could have done the same with her followers.

Since the whole show was about how could donate the most money, then making pies was just filler for the first hour, right? It meant nothing.

Gilbert is my favorite so far. His board room answer to Trump's question if Geraldo was a good PM was classic: "He was great. Unless you don't like him, then he was terrible." Trump didn't ask Gilbert any more questions after that.

Trump spends his board room time trying to make trouble within the teams. "Who would you fire, Shawn?" "Who would you fire, Jonas Brother?"

Too bad this show is now on opposite The Bachelor. True Love beats Trump tonight.

ETA: Oops! Double post.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Vivica is not long for this show.  You can’t cry in the Boardroom – you just can’t.  Especially over somebody ELSE.  She sealed her fate, I think.

The men were tasting the food right off the mixing/serving utensils.  I noted the women using a plastic spoon, which I assume was tossed. 

I remember Jesse James and how bad Trump tried to bring up Sandra Bullock.  It was right before that went kerplooey, but he would NOT play.  Said “my wife” is off limits and refused to budge.  Trump kept him around a while, because he was capable and he still had hopes, but when he finally realized Sandra wasn’t going to show up with a check, James was out.

Don't Kenya and Brandi realize that they are actually in a pseudo "business meeting", and shouldn't be wearing party dresses with their breasts hanging out?

They’d dress like that for a christening.  Well, Brandi would.  Kenya’s just smart enough to know who in that room to pander to.  

They are burning this show as fast as they can.  Two episodes a week?  It may be the last one.

Keisha could have called any of her other "Cosby family." Some of them are still working. 

I imagine she did, and they said "I'm happy to donate, but I don't want my name associated with Donald Trump."   Wouldn't it be glorious if some PM who knew they were going home had the guts to say that in the boardroom?  "Sorry, Mr. Trump - I called all my contacts and I actually got 25K of future donations out of them, but they said you were poison."

Edited by kassa
  • Love 5

The premiere got good ratings - up 35% from the previous season's premiere. So maybe it's not about burning it off, but not having much to air otherwise, especially if NBC is saving whatever marquee shows it has for sweeps.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Love 1

I have never understood why these celebrities don't have their donors lined up before they come on the show. They may not know the cause, but they do know they will be asked to raise money for a charity. I would have had no problem reaching out to friends, family and acquaintances to tell them that I was going on CA and wanted to get their support to raise money for prospective charities.  I would have then rattled off some charities that have been supported in the past, and ask if it was okay if I contacted them.  I don't know why it's a big deal.  I'm not a celebrity, but I have raised more for charitable groups than some of these celebrities, so I'm not at all sympathetic when they give excuses.

• Love 3

I wouldn't be able to be anywhere near Kate Gosselin & not want to smack the smirk off her face.

And I just want to thank you all for allowing me to say that without having to explain myself...  ::snicker:: she is such a kiss ass in the boardroom!

I can't stand it when they all act like they have know idea what to do without detailed instructions from the PM.

Let me just say there is something I never understand, what is exactly wrong with holding back some of your big money for a task you may be in charge of?  It isn't like these "big names" are bottomless pits you can just keep drawing from.  And I would have already worked my contacts (unless that is forbidden a head of time) & had the money already sent to NYC so it can't be "delayed" by weather & such.

ETA: laprin, I didn't refresh my browser & see your post before I posted mine... great minds & all!!!

Edited by Lucygirl2
  • Love 1
Vivica is not long for this show.  You can’t cry in the Boardroom – you just can’t.  Especially over somebody ELSE.  She sealed her fate, I think.

All she has to do is push up her girls and let them look Donald in the face next boardroom and she'll be golden.

Some woman on another season kept crying in the BR, I just can't remember the details. Yes, I DO block some things from memory!

I think the name "Vortex" sucks, like, into a vortex.

she is such a kiss ass in the boardroom!

I couldn't believe her speaking up out of turn and interrupting to talk over others when the conversation wasn't even hers. But then, that's why Donald will keep her around, for her PITA-ness which, no doubt, will anger teammates soon.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

There's nothing to stop people from giving friends and family money to donate in their own names.  So that's an option open to anybody who actually has money of their own.  They're paying you 200K to appear on the show?  Invest 15k of it in yourself.  You'll have an idea how much the others are raising -- throw 5K at the first fundraiser (or less, if others are only getting 2-3k), volunteer to lead the second one, and use the 10 for that.  Worst case scenario, you're out... but you're not out first.

• Love 4

They're paying you 200K to appear on the show?  

There's a question I've never thought to ask:  As a contestant, are you paid per episode?  Or do you make one lump sum regardless of how long you last?  If that were the case and I wasn't a total famewhore -, being the first one to be fired wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. 

Does anyone know how this works?

• Love 1

There's nothing to stop people from giving friends and family money to donate in their own names.  So that's an option open to anybody who actually has money of their own.  They're paying you 200K to appear on the show?  Invest 15k of it in yourself.  You'll have an idea how much the others are raising -- throw 5K at the first fundraiser (or less, if others are only getting 2-3k), volunteer to lead the second one, and use the 10 for that.  Worst case scenario, you're out... but you're not out first.

it might actually be against show rules.

Note I said "might".  I mean the actual rules of the show seem to be "whatever the producers feel like at the moment".

• Love 2

Kevin Jonas got a lot of airtime last night. He's also writing the Celebrity Apprentice blog on NBC, which Clay Aiken wrote during his season (does anyone remember which contestants wrote it during the other seasons or if there's even been a blog during the other seasons)? I'm thinking this means he goes pretty far. Maybe final 2 or final 4 and then comes back for the final task. It wouldn't make sense for them to ask someone to write the blog if they get fired early on and then have nothing to write after that. Maybe Trump is interested in a younger winner this time around? Kevin was a bit smarmy, especially about his 4.3 million Twitter followers who he said (paraphrased) that he can get to do whatever he wants.

I'm not sure why they made such a big deal of his Twitter followers in the boardroom, other than to be like "see, this show has real celebrities!" I'm sure 90% of his followers are pre-teens/teenagers and it's not like they can come down and spend thousands of dollars for the fundraising tasks.

I think Kevin and Ian are going to form a "we hate Geraldo" alliance. Ian seems competent and, judging from the previews, willing to fight with other people enough to go far. I could see the top 6 being Kevin, Ian, Geraldo, Leeza, Vivica and Gilbert. I think it's sad that every season the men's team has numerous legitimate contenders, whereas the women's team is all crazies and cannon fodder. The quiet and competent players on the men's teams are usually winner material, whereas those same types of contestants on the women's team are dismissed for being boring and bad entertainment.

I thought Ivanka's love of 90210 was hilarious. Who woulda thunk it? Glad that they're finally letting her show her sense of humour. I died when she started talking about asking Ian about Brenda, Dylan and Kelly. I could see her sticking up for him in the boardroom in the future, although nothing will ever rival her massive crush on Trace Adkins.

I guess it's nice that Jamie Anderson is pleasant and normal, but she's not going to last long on this show. Her response to Trump's question about the boardroom indicates that she's from the snowboarding community that doesn't really believe in competition and is all about learning/enjoying doing things together. These are the snowboarders that get mad when other competitors say that actually want to win medals. If these people are all about community then why do they even enter the competitions in the first place?

I also thought that Trump might jump all over Shawn for her comment about thinking their team lost. I think he does that more for regular Apprentice contestants and lets the celebrity ones get away with a lot more.

Edited by wudpixie
  • Love 3

Go Kevin Jonas!  I can't wait for the eventual showdown of him and Geraldo.  Geraldo looked so doddering.

I love how they kick up each persons persona.  Media mogul, reality sensation.......

I kept thinking about all those stories we heard about Kate and her "bodyguard".  Hilarious.

The unknown guy was from some fishing (we're all going to die) shows.

I guess it's nice that Jamie Anderson is pleasant and normal, but she's not going to last long on this show. Her response to Trump's question about the boardroom indicates that she's from the snowboarding community that doesn't really believe in competition and is all about learning/enjoying doing things together. These are the snowboarders that get mad when other competitors say that actually want to win medals. If these people are all about community then why do they even enter the competitions in the first place?

Yep, just pass that pipe. 

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 2

I don't love them, but I figured out how I would fix them - if you have the rolodex money be no greater than the non rolodex money in terms of winning the challenge (using it like a matching donation), but then donate all monies (including monies greater than what was taken in externally) to the winning charity, then the charities don't get penalized, and neither do the celebs with less monied friends.  But it's not my rules, it's "Mr Trump"'s. 

I've actually come around on the fundraising challenges, whereas I used to dislike them intensely. But there's an objective measurement (presuming the totals they report are correct). The "do this for blah-blah client and blah-blah client will judge who he/she likes best" challenges are way too easy to fix the results. I almost never believe those results, unless it's a night-and-day difference. They are the great equalizer for Trump, and how he can keep the teams equal. Blah-blah client picks who Trump wants to win/lose, to make the best show that week.

But money doesn't lie and can't be bought. You can't manufacture $50,000 out of thin air. At least, I don't believe reality shows have sunk that low...yet.

• Love 1

This is my first post ever!  I should probably be embarrassed that the first show that inspired me to post and stop lurking was Celebrity Apprentice, but I'm not.  My comments:

1.  I don't mind the fundraising tasks.  Not every task on CA is about bringing in money, so contestants without the Piers Morgan sized Rolodex can still compete.  Which leads me to my next point....

2.  People that go on this show know there will be fundraising tasks, so why do they not line up some donors ahead of time?  I mean they are "celebrities", although that term gets used very loosely these days.  They know people with money, even if just casually.  It's for charity and everyone love positive publicity.  I find it very hard to believe that some of these people have absolutely NO ONE to call. Hell even I could get someone to throw more than $100 bucks my way, especially for charity on a TV show.

3.  For some reason I've always like Lorenzo Lamas.  I also like "Eye-on".  Gilbert Godfried made me literally laugh out loud with supervising the balloons.  Geraldo doesn't bother me either.  I like Shawn and the other Olympic medalist, can't remember her name but I liked her boardroom outfit.  Like both Vivica and Leeza but both have had a bit too much work done on their face or if not something there is off.

4.  Don't like Kenya or the Jonas brother.

5.  Whoever I didn't mention I probably don't know who they are.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5

We should come up with a CA drinking game. Viewers should take a drink whenever someone mentions how beautiful Ivanka is. I feel like Trump probably insists someone say it at least once an episode.

I really don't like the fundraising tasks. I get second-hand awkwardness watching people ask for money because it's something that I would absolutely hate doing myself and it's boring to watch people sit around and make phone calls. The creative tasks are much more interesting and entertaining. 

• Love 3

And when voice-over guy referred to Ian Ziering as "television icon" in the show opening, I asked my husband (who was watching Revolution in another room) just how the hell I was supposed to watch this by myself when they were already throwing out gems like that right out of the gate?!?

And they referred to Brandi as a "reality mega-star".  That's the one that slayed me.

Re Jonas Person (Kevin? I don't know who they are) and his 14 million twitter followers: Aren't most of them like 14 or 15?  Were their parents going to drive them to the pie shop?

• Love 6

There's a question I've never thought to ask:  As a contestant, are you paid per episode?  Or do you make one lump sum regardless of how long you last?  If that were the case and I wasn't a total famewhore -, being the first one to be fired wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. 

Does anyone know how this works?

I seem to remember this being brought up on other message boards when NeNe Leakes was on CA - If I recall correctly, celebrities are paid a lump sum, or base salary, to start, and then, they are paid continuously for each episode they stay without being eliminated or "fired".  This was a big discussion, because NeNe was flaunting new teeth, new rental house, new leased car, etc. on the Real Housewives of Atlanta, and she claimed she was "Trump rich" at the time, even though she basically walked away from CA.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2
I also thought that Trump might jump all over Shawn for her comment about thinking their team lost. I think he does that more for regular Apprentice contestants and lets the celebrity ones get away with a lot more.

She seems very calm and stable, though.  Trump categorizes women pretty openly -- there are the hot ones he keeps around to flirt with (models, playboy bunnies), the nutty ones he keeps around to make the other women crazy (Star Jones, Omarosa), the competent ones (usually a couple make it to the final 5), and the incompetent ones (the ones that cry, or can't pick someone he should fire in place of them).  I thought she displayed a quiet confidence in her assessment of the situation.  Since she's not hot or crazy, she's probably in a pretty good place based on my assessment of everybody else.

• Love 1

They are paid an appearance fee, according to Donald Jr., when NeNe started spouting off about her Trump checks, he cut that down real quick. I think it's around $25,000 total. Any money they raise goes to their charity, not them.

• Love 2

If NBC is going to continue to air two episodes every Monday, we'll be done before the end of February. Which is fine with me. It's a guilty pleasure, but I can only take so much of Trump and the "D' listers. I swear it seems like most of the cast has already been on at least one reality show.

I've watched every season of regular Apprentice and CA, but I wish they'd go back to doing the regular Apprentice.

I can't stand Brandi, Kenya or Kate Gosselin, so the sooner those three leave the better. But first I want to see some fireworks between any or all of those three, and I'm sure we will.

I won't post it here, but if anyone needs to know, you can google CA spoilers and find out who supposedly made it to final two. Or just wait a few more weeks.

• Love 2

The unknown guy was from some fishing (we're all going to die) shows.

Captain Sig Hansen is from The Deadliest Catch, which has been airing since 2005, so he is hardly unknown to the millions of viewers who watch this actual reality show.   :-)

• Love 8

They are paid an appearance fee, according to Donald Jr., when NeNe started spouting off about her Trump checks, he cut that down real quick. I think it's around $25,000 total. Any money they raise goes to their charity, not them.

Thanks for the clarification...I couldn't remember what was correct, or if that extra per episode "bonus" was just a debate!!  :-)  

• Love 1

she's from the snowboarding community that doesn't really believe in competition and is all about learning/enjoying doing things together. These are the snowboarders that get mad when other competitors say that actually want to win medals. If these people are all about community then why do they even enter the competitions in the first place?

To me there is a big difference between athletic competition and CA.  In snowboarding she needs to do the best she can and let the medals fall where they may.  She isn't asked to cooperate with the other athletes or bad mouth them.  

• Love 2

I seem to remember this being brought up on other message boards when NeNe Leakes was on CA - If I recall correctly, celebrities are paid a lump sum, or base salary, to start, and then, they are paid continuously for each episode they stay without being eliminated or "fired".  This was a big discussion, because NeNe was flaunting new teeth, new rental house, new leased car, etc. on the Real Housewives of Atlanta, and she claimed she was "Trump rich" at the time, even though she basically walked away from CA.

$25,000.00 or so says Eric Trump.  Donald Trump is too smart too pay these folks any real money.  http://www.realitytea.com/2011/12/13/donald-trump-jr-says-nene-leakes-celebrity-apprentice-salary-was-small-plus-preview-new-rhoa-episode/

Donald and Pierce are two of the most self absorbed and arrogant people on TV. In fact, Pierce makes Omarosa lovable. Once it became it was a fund raising challenge, I knew the women didn't have a chance. As it was noted, the woman didn't have the star power to pull it off.

Keshia's big mistake was calling Jamie into the boardroom after she was lauded for the blueberry and peach pie recipe. The only reason I may continue to watch is for Shawn, Jamie and Ivanka. So happy she has her mother's looks.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 1
Neither man was a “teenybopper” during C.App., and Clay wasn’t even one at the height of his fame! Nor were his fans and/or C.App. donors!

A 'Teenybopper' actually refers to the fan base, not the person themselves.

A teenybopper is a young teenage girl who follows adolescent trends in music, fashion and culture. The term may have been coined by marketing professionals and psychologists, later becoming a subculture of its own.[1][2] The term was introduced in the 1950s[3] to refer to teenagers who mainly listened to pop music and/or rock and roll and not much else. Teenybopper became widely used again in the late 1960s and early 1970s, following an increase in the marketing of pop music, teen idols and fashions aimed specifically at younger girls, generally 10–17 years old.[4][2]

So, that makes me wonder how many of Kevin's 4 million or so followers are capable of making sizeable donations; unless, of course, he begs each one to dip into their parents wallets and Western Union it to him right away, a la Soupy Sales...

On January 1, 1965, miffed at having to work on the holiday, Sales ended his live broadcast by encouraging his young viewers to tiptoe into their still-sleeping parents' bedrooms and remove those "funny green pieces of paper with pictures of U.S. Presidents" from their pants and pocketbooks. "Put them in an envelope and mail them to me",

Was it ever announced the dollar amount that Kevin brought in?  

What in the world happened to Lorenzo Lamas? He looks nothing like he did back in the Falcon Crest & Renegade day...I mean, no resemblance.  I did read that he has filed bankruptcy twice in 10 years....

There's nothing to stop people from giving friends and family money to donate in their own name......

Wasn't it Omorosa who, last season was short money on her task so put it in herself. 

Edited by alegtostandon

To me there is a big difference between athletic competition and CA.  In snowboarding she needs to do the best she can and let the medals fall where they may.  She isn't asked to cooperate with the other athletes or bad mouth them.  

Yeah, I get that. I meant why do those types even enter snowboarding competitions if it's just about community and "riding powder"? Although that's probably OT.

Edited by wudpixie

Actually, I'd think the Jonas fanbase has probably climbed to their early 20s by now (and shrunk as many of them discarded them as adults).  Plus Nick is the only talented one--he's the Justin Timberlake of the band breaking out after the lame boyband stage is over and doing actual music. The other two were kind of baggage along for the ride.  But Kevin likely has "new" fans from having that stupid candid reality show of his.

• Love 1

This is my first post ever!  I should probably be embarrassed that the first show that inspired me to post and stop lurking was Celebrity Apprentice, but I'm not.  My comments:

1.  I don't mind the fundraising tasks.  Not every task on CA is about bringing in money, so contestants without the Piers Morgan sized Rolodex can still compete.  Which leads me to my next point....

2.  People that go on this show know there will be fundraising tasks, so why do they not line up some donors ahead of time?  I mean they are "celebrities", although that term gets used very loosely these days.  They know people with money, even if just casually.  It's for charity and everyone love positive publicity.  I find it very hard to believe that some of these people have absolutely NO ONE to call. Hell even I could get someone to throw more than $100 bucks my way, especially for charity on a TV show.

3.  For some reason I've always like Lorenzo Lamas.  I also like "Eye-on".  Gilbert Godfried made me literally laugh out loud with supervising the balloons.  Geraldo doesn't bother me either.  I like Shawn and the other Olympic medalist, can't remember her name but I liked her boardroom outfit.  Like both Vivica and Leeza but both have had a bit too much work done on their face or if not something there is off.

4.  Don't like Kenya or the Jonas brother.

5.  Whoever I didn't mention I probably don't know who they are.

The first post I ever made (on TWOP) was about George Takei on CA.  It gets us mad enough to speak up!

• Love 2

Gilbert G and Lorenzo Lamas were both on that Celebrity Wife Swap mess of a show. In fact, I think they swapped each others wives. It's a small celebrity world, isn't it?

Vivica Fox was such a gorgeous woman. WTH has she done to herself? Her face looks so bloated. Too much filler I'm guessing. 

I hate Piers Morgan. I hope to god he's not going to be on every episode, I won't be able to stomach him. He should know all about getting fired.....

• Love 2

Gilbert G and Lorenzo Lamas were both on that Celebrity Wife Swap mess of a show. In fact, I think they swapped each others wives. It's a small celebrity world, isn't it?

Gilbert swapped with Alan Thicke.  It was actually a pretty funny episode--although you could tell how much of it was a series of total setups.

Lameass, I don't think I've seen his episode, but obviously it wasn't Gilbert.

My question is, why does the PM have to personally be the top fundraiser and match Geraldo?

They don't, but they have to be able to pull in an impressive number (upper five-figures at least). To agree to be the first PM without having good financial backing is essentially dooming the team to failure since non-PM's aren't expected to pull out all stops (just put in a reasonable effort). Having someone who can bring in some whales as PM is no guarantee of a win. Sharon Osbourne lost as PM after she decided that it was enough to bring in $100,000 herself and told the rest of her team they could coast.

Since "pie-faced" refers to someone who is drunk or stoned, that was an odd name for the shop.

The only one I'm really interested in is Syg--since I watched every single one of the Deadliest Catch episodes.  (He's a lot shorter than I thought he was!) I think he'll probably do well if he gets a chance to be project manager.

I'm a diehard DC watcher, too, Friedbaloney.  Sig seems to be much easier going when he's not captaining, which is probably a good thing for the rest of these twits.  I can't see him having much patience with the "celebrity" phoniness and posturing.  I am very curious to see if he keeps a relatively low profile and slips under the radar; I hope to hell he doesn't kiss up to that fucking purse-lipped candied yam.

Do you think Sig is "branching out" because he's taking little baby steps back from the Captain's chair?  I saw him do a special gig on ShopHQ selling Alaskan seafood, too.  Or maybe he just loves the camera.  ;-)

• Love 1

I have despised Geraldo Rivera with the fire of 10,000 suns for decades but THIS is what makes me think if he had any damned sense he'd still be hanging his head in shame.  Yeah, he was certainly a top-notch war correspondent. *insert HUGE guffaw here*  Arrogant prick.  The last thing he should be bragging about is his experience as a war correspondent: 

Geraldo Rivera, the Fox News Channel correspondent who broadcast a report from Iraq on Sunday night that gave details of the position and plans of United States troops, is expected to be pulled from the country on Tuesday, military officials said yesterday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/01/us/a-nation-at-war-coverage-pentagon-says-geraldo-rivera-will-be-removed-from-iraq.html

Crawl back under your rock, Geraldo, you incompetent, self-important, arrogant pile of steaming excrement.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 17

Captain Sig Hansen is from The Deadliest Catch, which has been airing since 2005, so he is hardly unknown to the millions of viewers who watch this actual reality show.   :-)

OK, but he IS unknown to those of us who never watched, and never even heard of, that show.. to be fair, though I've heard of real housewives of whatever cities, I've never watched any of those shows and have no idea who those women are either.

Actually, I'd think the Jonas fanbase has probably climbed to their early 20s by now (and shrunk as many of them discarded them as adults).  Plus Nick is the only talented one--he's the Justin Timberlake of the band breaking out after the lame boyband stage is over and doing actual music. The other two were kind of baggage along for the ride.  But Kevin likely has "new" fans from having that stupid candid reality show of his.

Yes the Jonas brothers were very popular 10 years ago, their fans are adults, not teeny boppers.

I'm liking Kevin so far.

That's what I thought as well. She seemed to be very careful with her choice of words. Just because they were on a show together 25 years ago, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily still friendly.

Well that and the fact that sex-scandal aside, anyone who has worked with/for Cosby will tell you the guy is a nasty asswipe who probably wouldn't take a call from her if she worked with him last WEEK. Still, if I were her I would have at least called "his people" so I could say I tried.

• Love 4

Well that and the fact that sex-scandal aside, anyone who has worked with/for Cosby will tell you the guy is a nasty asswipe who probably wouldn't take a call from her if she worked with him last WEEK. Still, if I were her I would have at least called "his people" so I could say I tried.

I've heard Bill Cosby is the antithesis of Cliff Huxtable for years and years.

I agree with you.  Whilst I might not have contacted Cosby directly, I would have had "my" people call "his" people and see if he'd be interested in donating since it was for charity and all.

The onus would be on him for being a tightfisted assclown if he turned down helping "Rudy" with a charitable donation.  

Would have been a win/win for Keisha.  

• Love 7