Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Chupacabra

An unsuspecting traveler brings a blood-sucking legend with him to Portland, and Nick and Hank find themselves investigating the gruesome trail of "El Chupacabra." Meanwhile, Monroe and Rosalee prepare to leave for their long-overdue honeymoon as they are met with more threats regarding their marriage. Elsewhere, Viktor and Adalind decide to take a trip of their own, while Wu decides to confront Nick about what he has been seeing.

• Love 1

I think that's the best thing that could have happened to Juliette.  She's so much more interesting now.  It will be interesting to see her hands on intro into wesenality.  Maybe Renard's Mama will come back and show her the ropes.

I am so disappointed in Nick and Hank's approach to Wu.  Why would you even lead with the Trubel stuff?  That is ultimately irrelevant since she has left Portland.  Simply telling him that monsters were really real would have calmed him down some.  He just needed reassurance that he wasn't crazy and they did nothing to help with that.

I am so over the royal baby/resistance storyline.  And now the resistance wants the baby.  For what?  It drags the show down so much and at the end of the day who cares?  We don't need a baby or Adalind on the show.  Just let sleeping dogs lie. 

Poor Monrasalee.  I just wanted them to go on their honeymoon and have a good time.  Why can't the writers allow them to be a happily married coupled for a second?

• Love 7

Holy Hexenbeist! Juliette would have been better off being pregnant. Of course, Catherine could teach her to be a BAMF Hexenbeist and really kick Adalind's ass. I see possibilities with this scenario. Still, I'd personally rather be pregnant and have an adorable baby Grimm instead of looking like a rotting corpse.

The bastards stole Monroe. Kill them. Kill them all with fire, Nick. It's time to take out the trash.

Oh Wu, haven't you ever heard the saying "Be careful what you wish for." I swear to God I heard Jack Nicholson scream, "The truth, you can't handle the truth!"

So a Chupacabra is basically Wesen Ebola. Man, that sucks. The doctor sacrificed himself for his wife; that made a little misty-eyed.

I guess after the feel good Christmas episode, it just had to be back to doom and gloom.

Two things that I don't think are really going to happen, though. Adalind will never trust Victor. Renard will not help the Resistance get his daughter. I'm thinking Renard is going to end up double-crossing the Resistance if they try to hurt his daughter.

Well, this episode got my adrenaline going. I liked it very much.

Edited by mustbekarma
  • Love 6

Juliet is a hexenbeast now

Um, what?  Beadboy3 decided to throw up all over his crib just as the husband thrust the cure into his wife's back; clearly, I missed a whole lot after that.  Can someone fill me in?

So Juliette is a hexenbeist.  I honestly did not expect that.  I kind of hope that she remains a hexenbeist and can be a foil for Adalind.  This is potentially interesting since I always argued that Juliette would have been interesting as wesen. 

• Love 3

This is probably an unpopular opinion but, for me, does not only pertain to this episode: Reggie Lee was chewing and choking on the scenery. I am glad that Wu knows now, mainly because it might mean we can slowly get back to less of him.

• Love 8

I think Wu is fine in small doses. A quip here and there, a snarky comment, the person who informs Hank and Nick about the case of the week.  Beyond that, I would agree that having him take up too much space is not ideal.  I prefer him as a background and supporting character and hope he is not too integrated into the Scooby Gang besides the fact that he is in the know.  

• Love 5

I think they should have told Wu in a better way instead of starting the explanation with Truble. Get him in the know and then he can just be a background character again.

Poor Monroe and Rosalie! I kept hoping they would finally go off on their honeymoon and have some fun but nooooooo they get stuck with another police/Wesen problem.

And why did Hank have to kill the chupacabra guy? Couldn't he have just winged him or shot him in the leg?

I did not expect Juliette to turn into a hexenbiest! This should be interesting I think.

I also am sick of Adalind, baby, the royals. Move it along show. Not interesting anymore.

Do we have to wait until next year for this show to resume. They didn't really say.

• Love 1

Wu's the one who led with Teresa, so Hank and Nick were just answering what Drew asked.  I'm sure both would've also preferred somewhere other than an active crime scene, but the hand your dealt and all that.

Monroe had best be saved and he and Rosalee get their effing honeymoon!

Juliette? Rough kissing is apparently the answer as others have noted. You're welcome; who gets to have sex as a life-saving act?

I missed whether this was the mid-season break. I hope it isn't because I need Monroe and Rosalee safely together, Wu talking to Hank, and Nick able to focus on Juliet's situation.

eta: IMDb says it was themed-season finale. We didn't get cutsie title cards "apologizing" to us. I was out of practice noticing dates.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 1

Renard's mom knew, I just bet she knew.

I hadn't thought of that, but it would explain why she skedaddled out of town so quickly (other than on the grandbaby quest).

I knew Juliette was going to end up as a hexenbeist. On the bright side, it's a quick fix, just need a little Grimm blood....

Didn't think of that either. Whew!

Sad that a doctor who died was spending his vacation in a Third World environ caring for the poor instead of building a swimming pool in his back yard--but I guess it's a reminder that they often do fall victim to disease and war. :>(

• Love 1

Juliette isn't pregnant, but is turning into a hexenbeast?  That, I did not see coming.  But, yeah, I have a feeling Renard's mom knew damn well that was going to be a side-effect.

I kind of felt like the theme of this episode was "If you feel sick, maybe get it looked at sooner rather then later."  Both Juliette and Diego kept claiming that they were fine; just mere headaches and fever; and, then, bam.  Shit got bad.  Now, granted, I'm not sure if would have helped that much, but in the very least, maybe Diego would have figured out it would be best to not be too close to his wife, because I'm assuming she got infected by him somehow.  So, they would have only needed to save one.  Instead, she lives, he dies.  Whoops!  At least Grimm does occasionally have unhappy endings.

Hank and Nick finally drag themselves to tell Wu about Trubel at least, but then he sees the Chupacabra, and freaks the fuck out.  Now, he's going crazy again.  Could have probably handled things better, guys.  But, I guess maybe Renard is going to somehow get him out of the tank, and try to cover most of what happened.

Yep, Monroe and Rosalee are never going to that honeymoon.  They should have just tried to find an earlier flight, or get the hell out of town.  In this case, I'm all for no mercy.  I hope Nick and crew just end these racist, pure-blood assholes.  Remind the Wesen that Nick can be helpful, but he is a Grimm that can end those who cross him and his friends!

Oh, look.  Another Adalind/Viktor/Royals scene for me to ignore.

• Love 3

Since Wu is a cop, shouldn't they have put him in a segregated cell?

He's in holding, he'd get a seperate cell if he were in jail.

This episode didn't suck, first time I've said that this season.  I hope this hate group plot line gets resolved quickly.  I like Wu so I'm happy he's finally in the know.  The preview for the next episode shows him, Hank, and Nick researching in the trailer.

• Love 1

I fear for Bud and the chain of blabber-mouths.  Monroe is not gonna be calm about the whole situation. I totally get that too.  I just hope that Bud grows from this too.

I was glad to see Drew's partner. I still call him Bonano, his character from Leverage. *g*

I, too, wondered why Monrosalee didn't just de-camp to the nearest airport. More cover for them, not just the "Pure blood" asses, but also they might have a chance to enjoy themselves for a minute. The writers could have always written something where they were ambushed on their honeymoon. (Sorry, Monrosalee, for even thinking that.)  

I liked that there was a reason behind the strangeness. That apparently chupacabra/s are stuck in the in-between voge, like the wild man friend of Monroe's. That's why  Wu flipped out so hard. Plus, three + years of weird-ass sightings, crime scenes, and dead bodies has to take a toll as is. Wu just had more weird shit than the average cop. 

• Love 2

Juliette? Rough kissing is apparently the answer as others have noted. You're welcome; who gets to have sex as a life-saving act?

I missed whether this was the mid-season break. I hope it isn't because I need Monroe and Rosalee safely together, Wu talking to Hank, and Nick able to focus on Juliet's situation.

You assume that Juliette would want to be cured.  With power of her own she can help protect Nick.  Also, recall that Juliette didn't simply turn into a hexenbeist, she turned into Adalind.  It's likely that Adalind is immune to Nick's blood now, so Juliette would also be immune to it.

• Love 1

I totally thought Juliette would turn back into Adalind, but I wasn't expecting a hexenbiest

Oh yeah, me too!

The doctor sacrificed himself for his wife; that made a little misty-eyed.

I'm not sure if would have helped that much, but in the very least, maybe Diego would have figured out it would be best to not be too close to his wife, because I'm assuming she got infected by him somehow.  So, they would have only needed to save one.  Instead, she lives, he dies.  Whoops!

I can't help thinking it wasn't necessary for him to sacrifice himself - depends on how long he was infected.  Now, she was either infected when he injured her neck (maybe an hour or 2), or more likely when they had homecoming sex (now there's a fluid exchange!), in which case it was around 24 hours.  In either case, she was well within the 48-hour window.  Diego could have had the first dose, and Rosalee would have had time to obtain more Indian Pennywort* (hah, wonder how hard it is to get?!)  And we don't know if the 48 hours is from time of exposure or from onset of symptoms.

Of course, Diego knew he had already killed his neighbor, even though he wasn't really responsible for his actions.  He may have decided that suicide by cop was preferable to trial and prison or a mental institution.

* I looked it up; it's a real plant (Centella Asiatica) - used in South Asian cooking and traditional medicine.  I expect Rosalee could have obtained more within 24 hours!

• Love 1

Solid episode....while I can handle one truly silly episode a year for Christmas, am glad to get back to more serious ones.  However, I have a bad sense that we are about to go on another multi-episode arc of Renard and his cell phone.  I don't know if I'm ready for that.

As for hexenbeast Juliette...I did see that coming, but only about 30 seconds before it actually happened.  Honestly, what I had going in my head was much stranger (Juliette was someone pregnant with the ghost twin of Adalind's baby....).  However, I quickly formed another probably way-off-the-target theory about all this. As others noted, Elizabeth probably did know this would happen.  If it is true that she would be immune to Nick's blood, then Elizabeth would know that they would have to have ANOTHER Grimm around to "cure" Juliette.  That could be Trubel, but did Elizabeth ever actually know that Trubel was a Grimm?  Hey, how about Kelly...you know, that woman who has Elizabeth's granddaughter, who Elizabeth is trying to find?  That woman who feels guilty about abandoning her son and seems to like his girlfriend and probably wants to make up for that one time when she brought Adalind over for a surprise visit?  Wouldn't THAT be convenient?

In any case, I read somewhere that Bitsie Tulloch said that this arc lasts from episode 7 through episode 9, so--if that's true--this would all be resolved in January.

• Love 2

Oh, and I like how Juliette, you know, the one who has medical training, went on the Nick "Let's pretend I'm not experiencing weird symptoms after a weird ritual" head-in-the-sand method.

Doctors make horrible patients.  It's completely in character for Juliette to blow off her own problems in favor of someone else's.  As I recall, Juliette referenced the idea that her symptoms were fallout from the ritual.  Once she figured she wasn't pregnant, she assumed that her symptoms would blow over, much as they did with Nick.

Meanwhile,

the arc Bitsie mentioned was likely the business with the Wesenrein. The titles of the next two episodes are "Wesenrein" and "Tribunal." I suspect/hope that Juliette being a hexenbeist will be a much longer storyline.

• Love 2

I totally thought Juliette would turn back into Adalind, but I wasn't expecting a hexenbiest.

And if Grimm blood does de-hexenbiest her.... will it be into Juliette or .........?

I thought Juliette would turn into Adalind, so the hexenbeist was a surprise. I'm assuming Renard's mom did it on purpose, because that the same henxenbeist he turns into. I'm just glad she's not pregnant.

I am so over the royal baby/resistance storyline.  And now the resistance wants the baby.  For what?  It drags the show down so much and at the end of the day who cares?  We don't need a baby or Adalind on the show.  Just let sleeping dogs lie. 

I know, this is a never ending story. Move on already, I'm bored.

So Wu finally finds out it's all true & goes nuts again? Are we going to be stuck with Wu in the hospital for the rest of the season?

I totally thought Juliette would turn back into Adalind, but I wasn't expecting a hexenbiest.

And not only that, the cop that locked him up referred to him as 'Sarge' or 'Sargeant' for all to hear.  I actually made a comment out loud about that when it happened.

I see someone else mentioned that was only a holding cell he was in, so I guess that makes more sense.

I liked that there was a reason behind the strangeness. That apparently chupacabra/s are stuck in the in-between voge, like the wild man friend of Monroe's. That's why  Wu flipped out so hard. Plus, three + years of weird-ass sightings, crime scenes, and dead bodies has to take a toll as is. Wu just had more weird shit than the average cop. 

Until they ran through all of Wu's flashbacks I had forgotten he had seen that much stuff.  I always think of him seeing the Wendigo*, but damn, there were a lot more than that.

*ETA:  I meant Aswang, not Wendigo.  At least I think that's what I meant, all my monsters are getting mixed up.

Edited by gameoff

So Wu finally finds out it's all true & goes nuts again? Are we going to be stuck with Wu in the hospital for the rest of the season?

Something Wu is doing that Hank didn't seem to do was have visual hallucinations. (I think Hank mostly just thought he heard something in his house before we left him with a shotgun, in a chair, by himself at the end of season 1.)  He keeps seeing the Aswang from last year's "Mommy Dearest" episode. After Wu seems to see the Aswang, he continues to  fight humans. We haven't been allowed to see if  poor Drew sees all handsy, "helpful" folk as Aswangs or if Drew just is that freaked out that he wants no part of anyone.

If this is what happens when a human mind isn't put at ease ( as it were) about what they saw relatively soon after exposure, and they are predisposed to believe,  then the group was totally negligent. Yet, since every camp in show that's not just human seems to be enamored of its "let's just not tell folks" history/tradition. I get that side- it's about survival and protection. Yet Nick, Monroe and Rosalee are fine with the 'maybe he won't go insane?' stance still seems heartless, especially after Wu's self-imposed institution stint and his current, obvious frustration. If Juliette ever wants to be pregnant, she will have to not depend on Nick. He seems to be waiting for a mythical Better Time to tell folks unpleasant or unsettling news. Yes, there are better settings- like not at a crime scene or in the middle of a shift at the precinct as you are working a case.

I blame the writers and whoever is responsible for the parceling out of Wu's story, which has gone on almost as long as Juliette's amnesia.( Wu/ saw an Aswang in 3.14 and blew up at Nick & Hank in 4.8, so that's around 17 episodes of bobbing to the surface then going away until tonight. Juliette was coma'd in 1.22, only to regain her Nick memories in "Endangered", 2.19. That's 20 episodes.)

eta:

This season, and this episode, just felt over-stuffed. That has worked in one or two episodes, but not really well, imo. Stuff is still being short-shrifted or left for us to wonder why it was included.

Even with Monroe getting clonked, Wu in the drunk tank, and Rosalee  implied to beat the mercy of the rest of the nasty racists, it didn't feel like the other breaks. Renard finally deigns to tell a Resistance ally that there's a mole in the organization?  At least it was face-to-face. It's twenty pounds of story in a five pound sack! 

It has also felt like this season to-date  has been running from one crisis to the next with barely any downtime, or at least none that TPTB want to show us.  From the de-Grimming to Renard's recovery to the re-Grimming to Wu giving everyone the hairy eyeball to Bud being OTT with spilling secrets to racist wesen to the weekly cases to Josh being hunted to Teresa being kidnapped by a federal agent to Teresa and Josh leaving to Rosalee and Monroe never having their honeymoon to Viktor/Adalind shenanigans to...  I'm actually interested in all of these stories (even if I wax and wane on Adalind's Most Unexcellent Adventure), but I sometimes just feel tired after watching an episode. Maybe more than one "slow" episode every eleven episodes or so could be written? Just a change-of-pace, so we can mentally catch a breath? Remember why stuff is important? Drew Wu's lashing out and second breakdown should have been given more coherent time, not the rush job we got tonight.  But that is me.

(Mods: I tried to find another spot for the added stuff, but it didn't make the criteria for Past seasons or Wishlist, or not all of it. Sorry for the length and potential off-topic-ness.)

Edited by Actionmage

Nicks never heard of a chupacabra??? He needs to get out more. I thought it was hilarious when they decided to call Juliette to talk about it when it was clearly all over the Internet.

I liked this episode and I feel like this season has been pretty enjoyable overall. Did not call Juliette as a hexen and I kind of hope it's not reversible.

Edited by Shanna

Nick has never heard of google translate. Not that it's perfect, but come on. 

For a minute there, well more than a minute: earlier in the episode something made me think for half a second Wu might kill himself, and then I thought, nah, this show would not go that dark. Then when it ended (first ended) with Diego asking to be killed, and then getting shot, and then Wu looking really rough in the bar, I thought for a minute...or maybe they will go that dark (with a sort of pseudo-mirrorey plot thing, not that it's the same but they'd both effectively be suicides).

I can't decide if it's good or bad or 'meh that they didn't go there.

And how did I forget about the only person who speaks Spanish in all of Portland. After last week, where the translation was in 800 different languages, of course this week it's only in Spanish. Thank goodness for Juliette, otherwise they'd just be wandering around the streets trying to find someone, anyone, who understands Spanish. Close call! Maybe next episode they can find a sick puppy or something.

Sometimes the texts are translated into English, sometimes they aren't.  I recall one episode where they were in Latin and Nick took it to Renard to read/translate.  Finding someone to speak/read Spanish, even in Portland, isn't a problem.  Finding someone who can do this that they can trust with the location of the trailer is the problem.  Besides, they initially called Juliette in for whatever insights she could offer on El Chupacabra (which weren't that much).  The fact that should could read the text to them was a vital bonus.

• Love 1
I told y'all you couldn't tell from Bitsie's acting what in the heck she saw on that pregnancy test.

I really don't think we can blame Bitsie for this, as she was undoubtedly directed to make her reaction ambiguous, for the sake of the cliff hanger.

After the recent Ebola scare, I can't believe that a Doctor, who has just come back from treating third world patients, and who is now feeling feverish and ill, would go on treating patients! He could have picked up 20 different non Wesen infectious diseases, and is now spreading them all over Portland. Incredibly irresponsible, and equally irresponsible was his friend who advised him to go home, but didn't report him, or force the issue. Of course, i realize that it wouldn't have changed anything, but it still annoyed me.

I don't see a problem with Nick asking Juliette about El Chupacabra, even though he looked in up on Fauxkepedia. And she was there to translate the Spanish, which was the logical language for entry to be written in. He certainly couldn't get that text into Google translate, and who else is he going to ask? 

I just hope that it isn't a case of too little to late for Wu. He seems to have gone past the point of listening rationally. I was afraid he was going to drive off a bridge or something, when he drove off. Thank goodness he merely ended up freaking out in a bar. And at least now he's safely in a cell (are those famous last words?) 

• Love 1

Wow that was an interesting episode and a cliffhanger.

I think Wu was the one asking about Thersea which is why they were talking about her. And I think they were going to explain it but got interrupted by the guy going crazy in the house. Then of course Wu losted it and didn't wait around for them to finish there conversation. Which I'm sure they will.

Juliette being a hexibeast isn't something I saw coming. But it's definitely more interesting then being pregnant. I think Elizabeth did know that it was a possible side effect.

And I knew something was up with the cop as soon as they showed him. Poor Monroe :(.

• Love 1

And why did Hank have to kill the chupacabra guy? Couldn't he have just winged him or shot him in the leg?

Because Rosalee said after they've been infected for 48 hours it's too late, they turn into Chupacabra permanently, and then don't live long afterwards. It was obviously too late for this guy.

I kind of like the way they worked the Chupacabra legend into the Wesen world. It explains why regular people have seen them and why nobody has ever found a dead Chupacabra. Maybe they can do the same thing with Bigfoot.

I knew that police guard was going to turn out to be one of the KKK guys and the minute Monroe walked out the door to talk to him I knew what would happen. It pisses me off though, I wanted poor Monroe and Rosalee to just get their well deserved honeymoon.

Really shouldn't be a big deal to cure Juliette if she's a Hexenbiest, since Nick was able to de-Hexen Adalind just by getting some of his blood into her. But I doubt she's actually a Hexenbiest, because Adalind had to go through a rather elaborate ceremony to get her Hexenbiest back and it seemed like she had to steal it by killing that older one. I think whatever is going on with Juliette is just some temporary side effect from the spell.

Speaking of which, I hope they resolve whatever was going on with Nick when he was seeing through Adalind's eyes and vice versa - that's something they better not just drop without explanation.

Second, okay, Wu. That was all over the place. If there was a bad way of handling the Wu story line, they've absolutely found it.

1. Make Wu, a once likable character, a complete passive-aggressive jackass

2. Have him finally just ask point-blank, only for him to instantly turn into a petulant teenager, rather than sticking around for the explanation HE'S BEEN BEGGING FOR.

Thank you for this!  I couldn't quite figure out why this story line has been bothering me and you nailed it on the head.

Also, I've been fearful that with Wu's digging and now being in the know if his time on the show is short lived. That would suck since I do still like him and want the "old" him back in terms of personality and temperment.  Like others, I think he's best in small doses as a supporting character.

Dear god I hope Juliette isn't really a hexenbiest and it's just her link to Adalind coming through.  I don't think I could deal with that.  Why do they insist on expanding Juliette's role and screen time?  Her season 1 role and screen time was just about perfect, then they made her the focus of a dull and dragged out story line and in the process nearly making her insufferable too (imo).  But this season I was thinking they finally got the balance right again and now this?  Please stop.  

• Love 1

If I had someone at hand that I trust who could translate a language, I would definitely do that first.  IMO it's good to have that conversational piece, to knock ideas back and forth.

I go back and forth on this show.  There is too much going on, why drag out the Wu things, the Royals plotline is meh.  I'm tired of Monroe being mainly just about his and Rosalee's relationship and she doesn't have much to do except come up with solutions for things.  I can't stand Claire Coffee as any kind of dramatic villain - she is awful IMO - but she is better at the comedic elements, are they keeping  her around as a bumbler?  I don't care about the baby either, that whole plot was a mistake.  I like Alexis Denisof but he is wasted here.  Renard doesn't have much to do either.

Surprisingly I liked Teresa, I would have been on board with a Teresa/Josh/Hank spinoff.  Maybe they can bring back that cute boxer guy.  Hank is my favorite secondary character, I would like him to have more of life unless they sideline him like Monroe once he has one.  

The show has been decent with the procedural bits - I like Nick and when they balance police work with Grimm stuff - but lacks in characterization and motivation and too many cluttered storylines.  Nick and Juliette have been through enough relationship drama, now she is a hexenbeist too?  Just stop already.  The show was finally getting the relationship balance back.

I think Wu was the one asking about Thersea which is why they were talking about her. And I think they were going to explain it but got interrupted by the guy going crazy in the house.

Yes, his first question was "Teresa Rubel?" which of course just leads to more opportunities to delay.  Never mind that Hank and Nick have looked like jerks for (mostly) the whole time but letting Wu think he was crazy.  I was glad to see Hank finally say "I'm telling him", even though it (still) hasn't really happened.  

Almost forgot, they killed a dog in this episode!!!!  Grimm really has gone dark LOL.

Edited by raven
  • Love 2

I think Wu is beyond listening to Nick and/or Hank.  He doesn't know Monroe & Rosalee that well and I don't think Renard would like Wu to know that he's hexen, so the best one to sit down & talk with Wu over some coffee & VooDoo Donuts would be Juliette. 

Yeah, killing Panchito the Dog was inexcusable.  <big grin>

• Love 1

Almost forgot, they killed a dog in this episode!!!!  Grimm really has gone dark LOL.

I forgot about that. I was so shocked that they killed the dog. I assumed that they were going to show it alive and the owner dead. Is it wrong that I was more upset about the dog...

Edited by blueray
  • Love 8

She's alive.  She got inside just in time, but the chupacabra was trying to get in so she couldn't get the door completely shut and the top part was glass anyway so it looked bad for her.  Luckily she wasn't alone in the house and her screams for help brought her husband and son in.  One of them had a baseball bat and started whacking the MOTW so it ran away.  The husband and son chased it outside while calling out to the neighbors what had happened and someone called the police. 

Then Wu and maybe other cops were patrolling the neighborhood.  Wu almost hit the chupa when it ran in front of the car so he jumped out and tried to chase it down.  He came upon it a minute later, but by then the chupa had turned back into the doctor and Wu thought that the bloody and confused man was another victim that was lucky to survive. 

Wu was very upset when he thought that the creature had gotten away.  The doctor obviously knew something bad had happened but wasn't sure just what.  He ran off as soon as Wu was facing the other way.

And not only that, the cop that locked him up referred to him as 'Sarge' or 'Sargeant' for all to hear.

I thought they'd thrown him in the drunk tank for the night. On TV, drunk tanks seem to be a Three's Company version of real jail.

Probably the most satisfying part of this episode hit me this morning.  We finally have a better insight into Renard's motivation.  When he met with the Resistance guy, he said that, if he had his child, he'd be in Europe or the castle or something like that.  So, he really is jonesing for a power grab.  He may not know where the child is, but he knows who has her and he believes, possibly mistakenly or possibly not, that he could relatively easily summon Kelly and the child back on the scene through Nick, who he believes he owns.  While I am sick of the royals and I really don't Renard to get back into the phone business, THIS could actually prove to be a worthwhile plot if the writer's go after it in a new way.

After the recent Ebola scare, I can't believe that a Doctor, who has just come back from treating third world patients, and who is now feeling feverish and ill, would go on treating patients! He could have picked up 20 different non Wesen infectious diseases, and is now spreading them all over Portland. Incredibly irresponsible, and equally irresponsible was his friend who advised him to go home, but didn't report him, or force the issue. Of course, i realize that it wouldn't have changed anything, but it still annoyed me.

Good point.  And even though this was a Wesen-only disease, Portland seems to be majority Wesen so he still could have spread it to a lot of patients.  If they want to go with an epidemic storyline, they could, LOL!  Then everyone, not just Wu, would find out that Wesen exist!

We finally have a better insight into Renard's motivation.  When he met with the Resistance guy, he said that, if he had his child, he'd be in Europe or the castle or something like that.  So, he really is jonesing for a power grab.

That was a lie, IMO. In reality, Renard did have the child and gave her away. He doesn't want to help the Resistance with this, but it would be disastrous to admit it, so he offers a lie to support the idea that he doesn't know how to get his daughter back. Incidentally, I don't see how going back to the Royals with his child would be a power grab anyway; it would just be a way to get back in the good graces of the family. To have a chance at power, Renard would need leverage against those who currently have it.

• Love 2

Probably the most satisfying part of this episode hit me this morning.  We finally have a better insight into Renard's motivation.  When he met with the Resistance guy, he said that, if he had his child, he'd be in Europe or the castle or something like that.  So, he really is jonesing for a power grab.  He may not know where the child is, but he knows who has her and he believes, possibly mistakenly or possibly not, that he could relatively easily summon Kelly and the child back on the scene through Nick, who he believes he owns.  While I am sick of the royals and I really don't Renard to get back into the phone business, THIS could actually prove to be a worthwhile plot if the writer's go after it in a new way.

Renard didn't actually say that.  The context was the Resistance guy accusing Renard of being the mole.  Renard countered that if he'd been the mole, the child would be with the Royals and so would he.

As for Juliette, I like this idea.  It will potentially change the dynamic of her relationships.  Hexenbeists are feared in the Wesen community.  Monroe and Rosalee might get a little leery of Juliette now.  She might need to spend time with Renard learning how her abilities work and how to control them, which might lead to their old obsession rearing its head.  It also sets up a Beist vs Beist battle when Adalind shows up with Viktor in Portland.

• Love 3

Holy crap. Never saw Juliette being turned into a hexenbeist coming. well played but jeez poor Juliette.

Yeah, me neither but I am going to guess that this isn't in no way permanent, and that Rosalee would find a way to turn Juliette back into a human. Although, I guess it would make Juliette more interesting and it would also make on how someone can become a Wesen/Hexenbeist. 

Edited by TVSpectator

If I had someone at hand that I trust who could translate a language, I would definitely do that first.  IMO it's good to have that conversational piece, to knock ideas back and forth.

I agree, plus Juliette has already been shown to know Spanish so it's not like they just shoved it in there as a deus ex machina or something.  It's fast and they know she won't tell anyone.

Speaking of which, I hope they resolve whatever was going on with Nick when he was seeing through Adalind's eyes and vice versa - that's something they better not just drop without explanation.

They sure seem to have dropped it.  Nick appears to be as good as new.  The only thing I can fanwank is that the "Adalind vision" was transferred from Nick to Juliette and has had a weird effect on her..?

I forgot about that. I was so shocked that they killed the dog. I assumed that they were going to show it alive and the owner dead. Is it wrong that I was more upset about the dog...

I was ready with my finger on the remote in case they showed poor Panchito's body!  It was bad enough that they showed his poor innocent tail sticking out!

As for Juliette, I like this idea.  It will potentially change the dynamic of her relationships.  Hexenbeists are feared in the Wesen community.  Monroe and Rosalee might get a little leery of Juliette now.  She might need to spend time with Renard learning how her abilities work and how to control them, which might lead to their old obsession rearing its head.  It also sets up a Beist vs Beist battle when Adalind shows up with Viktor in Portland.

Boy, that could make it really awkward the next time Juliette and Mama Grimm see each other!

Why can't you get that stuff into Google translate? Just some key words to get the gist??? And who doesn't know what a chupacabra is at this point? You type that word into Google, and you'll get 5 billion entries. Not just wikipedia. 

They have an image translate where you can take a picture of something (like a page in a book) & it can translate it. Also, Google has more personality than Juliette & would be way more interesting.

Does anyone know what the point of the secret organization that wanted Trubel was? I was thinking about it, & I don't see the point if she's gone now. They introduced people & plot, & it led to nothing.

• Love 4

A doctor who's been to a foreign country, feels sick, has blackouts, and just continues on his way.What about after he puts the dead neighbor plus bloody shirt plus can't remember what happened equals continuing to put my wife in danger? The one he died to save.

Not to mention the giant red goiter just below his right ear that no one seemed to notice.

• Love 7