Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Chupacabra

You assume that Juliette would want to be cured.  With power of her own she can help protect Nick.  Also, recall that Juliette didn't simply turn into a hexenbeist, she turned into Adalind.  It's likely that Adalind is immune to Nick's blood now, so Juliette would also be immune to it.

Immune from Nick, probably yes. Immune from Truble or ?Mama Grimm, I suspect no.

I thought they already did a Chupacabra story. It was an older Mexican woman. No?

Just to add to the pile--royals plot comes on I head for the fridge, about time getting around to finally telling Wu jeez. And agree with poster above who said the whole thing is just too busy. Too many characters, not enough for them to do. Piling on more and more plot, constant racing around. No time for reflection. Why not change it up and chill once in a while? Star Trek was good at this. Let the newlyweds relax, have some fun with Wu now that he's in on it. The constant raising of stakes, more is better school of plotting is relentless and exhausting.

Why do none of  these characters take their symptoms seriously, even after they've been meddling in really weird magic stuff they've never seen before?

Most tiresomest thing ever! Just this episode two characters were asked if they were okay. The doctor said I'm fine, just a slight fever. (That is, no, I'm not fine.) Juliette grabs her head, is asked if she is okay, says she is fine, just you know, probably a side effect of...

I dunno. When I am not fine, and the people I know are not fine, and we are asked seriously if we are okay, will say in fact no, not okay, I have a fever or no, not okay, I have some kind of weird headache. A doctor in particular should know better.

Edited by fauntleroy

I wished they shown a scene where the doctor seeked help (maybe from his doctor friend) and have him say he's not sure what's wrong. Actually that could have been when he attacked him, instead of in front of the car.

• Love 2

I thought they already did a Chupacabra story. It was an older Mexican woman. No?

Wasn't that El Cucuy?  She went around punishing bad people, I think.  Although maybe I'm getting that mixed up with Krampus, who also goes around punishing bad people, sort of.

• Love 1
Does anyone know what the point of the secret organization that wanted Trubel was? I was thinking about it, & I don't see the point if she's gone now. They introduced people & plot, & it led to nothing.

Intentionally hanging thread for possible spinoff that'll probably never happen?

My favourite moment of this episode was actually the banter over the Chinese food and how had T.R. still been there it would not have been enough food, when they had multiple takeout containers. I don't know why, but I did appreciate that moment. Not the usual clunky "let's remind everyone this character left clunk exposition". Felt natural and genuine, and amused me.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 7

I forgot about that. I was so shocked that they killed the dog. I assumed that they were going to show it alive and the owner dead. Is it wrong that I was more upset about the dog...

Two dogs, right? Or was that a fox hanging over Monrosalee's door?

Since it was mentioned upthread that Bitsie and David are a real life couple too, having her de-hexenbiested back into Adalind would be a great way to deal with maternity leave if necessary. 

• Love 1

Two dogs, right? Or was that a fox hanging over Monrosalee's door?

Since it was mentioned upthread that Bitsie and David are a real life couple too, having her de-hexenbiested back into Adalind would be a great way to deal with maternity leave if necessary. 

That was a fox, which makes sense as Rosalee is a fuchsbau.

• Love 3

I wished they shown a scene where the doctor seeked help (maybe from his doctor friend) and have him say he's not sure what's wrong. Actually that could have been when he attacked him, instead of in front of the car.

I was about to say the same thing.  They could have these people go to a doctor or seek relevant help, be told it's nothing serious or something to that effect and still end up as a hexenbiest of infected with Chupacabra, etc.  It doesn't detract from the story.   We don't even need show them at the doctor's office.  Just part of conversation "well, I saw the doctor and she said it's just a cold..."  Doing it this way just makes a lot of people look stupid, when they are not supposed to be.

This show tends to take what could be an interesting idea and make it go on way too long. First, the coma thing. As if the coma thing wasn't infuriating enough, we had the memory wipe thing. Then the "let's watch Wu just get crazier and crazier without telling him" thing. I've seen other shows tackle a lot of this stuff, and they seem to know when to quit before you hate the character and the show.

...which makes me think these writers are former "Late Show with David Letterman" writers.  If anyone knows how to beat a dead horse of material, it's Dave.

• Love 1

Wasn't that El Cucuy?

Yes. And the reason you might be mixing it up, is because I'm assuming this was the first instance of Nick's girlfriend being the only Spanish speaker in Portland.

I think the first instance of Juliette's oh-so-unique linguistic powers was actually La Llorona.

I forgot about that. I was so shocked that they killed the dog. I assumed that they were going to show it alive and the owner dead. Is it wrong that I was more upset about the dog...

No! I was too! Plus there was the dead fox. I always get more upset when an animal is killed on screen. If I see a pet dog or cat in a horror movie, I usually quit watching because I know it will get killed.

• Love 4

...Since it was mentioned upthread that Bitsie and David are a real life couple too, having her de-hexenbiested back into Adalind would be a great way to deal with maternity leave if necessary.

...Maternity leave??? Yikes! They're  just dating. And it's Hollywood. If this lasts a month, it'll be a long relationship....
Yes, true. But it did get me wondering if that plot device has ever been used for maternity leave. If not, it seems like it's worth trying.

Re the doc returning and going into work with weird symptoms, remember that physician who came back from an infected area and just traveled all over the place and went bowling and then that nurse (who was told she could travel) who went on a pre-wedding planning trip after spiking a temp? Medical professionals don't always do what you'd think they should.

• Love 3

I also don't find it too hard to buy that not every page in the Grimm book would have been translated into other languages.  Maybe Juliette sat down later (before she turned into a Hexenbiest) and wrote down an English translation to append to the Spanish-language Chupacabra entry.  It's the current generation's way of contributing to the book.  Kind of like on Charmed with the current generation adding to the Book of Shadows.  *sniff*

• Love 1

Well, but I'm thinking probably not every owner of the book would run across every creature in the book and therefore wouldn't either need to make a translation or get someone to make a translation.  Maybe it's been a while since an owner of this particular book has come into contact with a chupacabra and so nobody worried about that page.  Nick doesn't seem to worry about the entries and whether or not he or anyone else can read them until he actually needs the information on a particular page.

Edited by Blue Plastic
  • Love 4

...which makes me think these writers are former "Late Show with David Letterman" writers.  If anyone knows how to beat a dead horse of material, it's Dave.

Here's hoping the always-awesome Colbert will bring in a brand-new pony.

Hmmm, is that the next Wesen species we'll meet, equine?

Of course, Diego knew he had already killed his neighbor, even though he wasn't really responsible for his actions.  He may have decided that suicide by cop was preferable to trial and prison or a mental institution.

Wu:  Victim (and his dog) chewed up animal style.  Suspect shot and killed.  Another case for Wu's scrapbook.

I think Wu is beyond listening to Nick and/or Hank.  He doesn't know Monroe & Rosalee that well and I don't think Renard would like Wu to know that he's hexen, so the best one to sit down & talk with Wu over some coffee & VooDoo Donuts would be Juliette. 

Yeah, killing Panchito the Dog was inexcusable.  <big grin>

Ar first I thought it was ironic that the Hispanic doctor's first victim was going to be another Hispanic guy's dog, but then I realized they were living in the Portland/Grimm version of a barrio.

I also don't find it too hard to buy that not every page in the Grimm book would have been translated into other languages.  

Lots of pages have only had German translations.  Nick and Hank have had Munroe come over to translate.  I don't see how having Juliette translate the Spanish is any different.

Speaking of Juliette, she seemed to be much more comfortable in her scenes with Rosalee than with anyone else.  I'm thinking Juliette might be (unconsciously) gay...  

• Love 4

Wu:  Victim (and his dog) chewed up animal style.  Suspect shot and killed.  Another case for Wu's scrapbook.

Plus, Wu's partner got a full-on look, if only brief, at the creature.  And what about the lady who made it into her house alive, and her husband and son who fought it?  They can start their own memory books.  There has to be some feisty reporter who wants to break a big story.

• Love 1

Plus, Wu's partner got a full-on look, if only brief, at the creature.  And what about the lady who made it into her house alive, and her husband and son who fought it?  They can start their own memory books.  There has to be some feisty reporter who wants to break a big story.

To me it looked like a guy in a mask that covered his head (because it was, but that's slightly beside the point). And, conveniently, he morphed when it was dark and then unmorphed when he died. The bite marks would fuel Big Foot-type scandal sheet reporting, but I doubt any serious newspaper or program chiefs are going to want to run with the story unless maybe for next Halloween.

I am sad that Wu is now so traumatized that his character can never again be just a cracking wise Lenny Brisco type character.

• Love 1
I still stand by that every single creature they've looked up in every season, has had multiple translations.

I think there have been at least a couple of times that they have run across entries in German only that they've had Monroe translate. I buy that they wouldn't have a translation for every single entry. 

• Love 2

I also don't find it too hard to buy that not every page in the Grimm book would have been translated into other languages.

I have a dream canon, that there's some kind of Librarian wesen (of the non-TNT variety), underwritten by Banker wesen, who have invested big in those book scanning machines that Google uses, and has been tracking down all the Grimm families, digitizing their collections, <i>and</i> investing in automatic translation so we never have to see Julihexenette ever speak Spanish for us again. (Admittedly, her going Hexenbiest is probably the most interesting thing that has ever happened to her character in this show. Especially after the "I just don't get the attraction" line from a while ago.)

ROBO-SCAN-1-Automated-Page-Turning-Revol

• Love 4

I think there have been at least a couple of times that they have run across entries in German only that they've had Monroe translate. I buy that they wouldn't have a translation for every single entry. 

Look at what happened when Nick and Juliette added the entry about the Grausen.  They wrote it in English.  They didn't mention anything about translating it into French, Spanish, German, Greek, Chinese and Swahili.  Figure each Grimm has added entries in his native language.  Other Grimms who didn't read that language would then find a way to get it translated into their own native language and then leave that translation in the records.

• Love 3

It's nearly 2015. Maybe it's time. And maybe they can use the trailer for something besides staring at books. At this point, the weapons are nothing but decoration. 

I would argue that some of those weapons isn't so much decorations but necessary. Look at how Nick defeated that troll Wesen, back in Season 1 (or Season 2), he had to use one of his aunt's weapons to finished the job. Overall, I do think that Nick is very lucky to run in and befriend both Monroe and Rosalee (one can read, fluently in German and the other is the closest thing to a spell caster that isn't a Hexenbiest). 

My point is, they haven't used the weapons in a really, really, really, really, long time. As you said, seasons one and two. As of now, they are merely decorations. They COULD be used in really awesome ways, but instead the show would rather have everyone sit around the trailer and read books.

Personally, I kind of like it when they bring back previously introduced Wesen because it eliminates trailer needs.  As for the weapons, I honestly can't remember the last time they used them (not counting the machete Nick seems to keep in his house for visitors).  To be fair, though, there hasn't been a need for such weapons so far this season since Nick spent the first few episodes de-Grimmed, then fought some pubescent boys and, finally, there wasn't a need against the Chupacabra.  

However, my guess is that we'll see the weapons when Nick goes up against the Wesenrein.

• Love 2
Not to mention the giant red goiter just below his right ear that no one seemed to notice.

Seriously...I would not want to be treated by any of the doctors that work there if they can see something like this and just brush it off as nothing

VLKHWW1s.jpg

That is not nothing...that is practically something out of a zombie infection movie.

Re the doc returning and going into work with weird symptoms, remember that physician who came back from an infected area and just traveled all over the place and went bowling and then that nurse (who was told she could travel) who went on a pre-wedding planning trip after spiking a temp? Medical professionals don't always do what you'd think they should.
Yeah I guess...and now that I think about it somehow doctors took a look at Sidney Crosby looking like this bEyn2uWs.jpg and cleared him to practice declaring he did not have mumps.  (You know until tests were later performed showing quite obviously...yeah he does.)
  • Love 1
Holy crap. Never saw Juliette being turned into a hexenbeist coming. well played but jeez poor Juliette.

Yeah, never saw that either, and she looked like a particularly hideous one.

I am SO glad Truble is gone. I hated the character throughout most of her appearance on the show. I felt she pulled the attention away from Nick and the rest of the gang, and we had to deal with Super!Teen!GrimmGirl! BS.

I agree with the posters upthread about Woo. He's gone from nice light comic relief to a member of the angst crew. Enough already.

I like Juliette, and I like how she grounds Nick and interacts with the rest of the group.

• Love 1

Finally watched it.

Goatsucker?  We've had worse.  

Good heavens, Reggie Lee does not do dramatic well.   Too much exaggerated facial expressions which ruined his delivery.   At least they tried to tell him.   Loved him laying out the pictures and saying this is usual Portlandia -- in other words weird.   But gah, right back to Renard on the phone and mystery meetings.   Kill the storyline with fire.

Oh goodie, Juliette is a hexenbeist.   Just what the show needs.   The magical Juliette.   THe show is called Grimm, not the journey of Juliette.  They did not need to do this.   Just leave her as a friend of Wesen if they have to have her.   But noooo they have to make the special snowflake even more special by giving her powers just like Nick.   Except he is supposed to be the one with the powers.   It's his show, not hers.   

Worst of all, we got that damn reveal right after seeing poor Monroe get hit over the head.   Made me care even less about her.   Poor Monroe.   Rosalee is a fox, not a timid rabbit folks.   Watch out.   You messed with the wrong fuchsbau.   Plus, hello, friend of Grimm.   The guy who takes your heads.   Although it was nice the lady wesen had heard of him and was not scared once she realized which Grimm Nick was.  

• Love 1

Oh goodie, Juliette is a hexenbeist.   Just what the show needs.   The magical Juliette.   THe show is called Grimm, not the journey of Juliette.  They did not need to do this.   Just leave her as a friend of Wesen if they have to have her.   But noooo they have to make the special snowflake even more special by giving her powers just like Nick.   Except he is supposed to be the one with the powers.   It's his show, not hers.   

Grimm shares creators with Angel.  By this point in their fourth season most of the cast had some degree of supernatural power and yet the show was still called Angel and still centured around the vampire, Angel.  This development isn't about some cast member being an exceptional ice crystal or special snowflake or whatever fanslang you wish to use.  It's about the story space that just opened up.

Juliette just got a power upgrade.  Can she learn to control that power?  If so, how will she choose to use it?  Even a "nice" hexenbeist like Elizabeth is ruthlessly determined to pursue her goals regardless of the cost.  How will this situation affect Juliette's relationship with those around her?  Can she de-Grimm Nick by having sex with him?  If so, that will certainly affect their relationship.  What about Hank?  He's accepting of Monroe and Rosalee, but he has bad memories, to say the last, of the last hexenbeist he encountered.  What about Monroe and especially Rosalee?  If Rosalee going to be as quick to accept hugs from Juliette knowing the horrific things that exists inside her now?

What about the wider Wesen community?  There seems to be some degree of acceptence of Nick right now.  If Juliette is revealed to be a hexenbeist, that could easily change.  They might come to believe that Nick is somehow her puppet and that she has some sinister plan for them all.  What about Renard?  As a Zauerbeist, he would be a logical mentor for her,. but could that grow into something more?  If not, could that possibility trigger jealousy in Nick and lead to a rupture in his relations with the captain?

Turning Juliette into a hexenbeist is clear not a matter of designating a cast member to be an unusual piece of solidified water.  This is something that has huge implications for the whole show.

• Love 4

I keep thinking that if Adalind knew that all she needed to do to regain her Hexenbiest powers was to get another Hexenbiest to have sex with a Grimm, then she herself also take a potion to assume that Hexenbiest's shape and have sex with the same grimm, that would have been a heck of a lot easier than what she did go through to regain her powers.  It just seems like an awfully easy way to become a hexenbiest compared to what Adalind had to do.  Its also interesting that becoming a hexenbiest, when one wasn't before, is even possible.  If Juliette is really a hexenbiest, will she now be able to see other Wesen woge?

I predict the next time we see the baby, it won't be a baby.  These 'magic' babies always seem to go through sudden growth spurts.

• Love 1

I keep thinking that if Adalind knew that all she needed to do to regain her Hexenbiest powers was to get another Hexenbiest to have sex with a Grimm, then she herself also take a potion to assume that Hexenbiest's shape and have sex with the same grimm, that would have been a heck of a lot easier than what she did go through to regain her powers.  It just seems like an awfully easy way to become a hexenbiest compared to what Adalind had to do.  Its also interesting that becoming a hexenbiest, when one wasn't before, is even possible.  If Juliette is really a hexenbiest, will she now be able to see other Wesen woge?

This is where things kind of fall a part for me.  Adalind supposedly had to go through a horrid ordeal to get her powers back, but Juliette was just "made" a hexenbiest (if that is actually what she is).  Also, I kind of lose the logic here: Adalind (as Juliette) has sex with Nick and he loses his powers AND is somehow psychically tied to Adalind.  Then, Juliette (as Adalind) has sex with Nick so that he can have his powers back and SHE is, well, affected.  Shouldn't Adalind and Juliette have been linked together with the first switcheroo?  Why would Nick have been linked to Adalind at all?  Or, why isn't Nick linked to Juliette?

I hope the writers don't try to have Juliette keep this a secret--only because I don't know how she can!  It doesn't seem like she can control her woges (wouldn't it be interesting if she woges whenever Adalind does?) and, well, we KNOW Nick can see that, as well as everyone else she hangs with (besides Hank).  

I think this was a great plot twist now, but I have a fear that it will spiral out of the writers' control.

This is where things kind of fall a part for me.  Adalind supposedly had to go through a horrid ordeal to get her powers back, but Juliette was just "made" a hexenbiest (if that is actually what she is).  Also, I kind of lose the logic here: Adalind (as Juliette) has sex with Nick and he loses his powers AND is somehow psychically tied to Adalind.  Then, Juliette (as Adalind) has sex with Nick so that he can have his powers back and SHE is, well, affected.  Shouldn't Adalind and Juliette have been linked together with the first switcheroo?  Why would Nick have been linked to Adalind at all?  Or, why isn't Nick linked to Juliette?

I hope the writers don't try to have Juliette keep this a secret--only because I don't know how she can!  It doesn't seem like she can control her woges (wouldn't it be interesting if she woges whenever Adalind does?) and, well, we KNOW Nick can see that, as well as everyone else she hangs with (besides Hank).  

I think this was a great plot twist now, but I have a fear that it will spiral out of the writers' control.

Given that Juliette's a hexenbeist, there's a failsafe in place.  If she injests a Grimm's blood (probably not Nick's) she gets depowered. 

As for Juliette's condition, it might be best to think of it as the culmination of lengthy, complicated and difficult magical ritual, call it The Empowering of the Mortal Vessel.

Step 1: The Hexenbeist must be depowered by injesting the blood of a Grimm.

Step 2: The Hexenbeist must regain her power by going through all the various difficulties involved in such a venture (which include slaying a hexenbeist for her heart while still a mortal)

Step 3: The Hexenbeist must take the form of the lover of the Grimm who depowered her and have sex with him to steal his own powers (note that this step requires the use of a "Hexenhat" which is a rare magical item).

Step 4: The mortal vessel (the Grimm's lover) must undergo Step 3 (which requires the "Hexenhat" as well as the cooperation of a friendly Hexenbeist to cast the ritual) and take the form of the Hexenbeist from Steps 1-3 and have sex with her Grimm lover to restore his power.

There might even be a Step 0 in this: The mortal vessel must be prepared by inflicting upon her the Curse of Lost Memory, having her cured by a Royal Prince, having her suffer the ensuing obsession and then curing her of that as well.  Only by applying such powerful magic can the vessel be attuned to the hexenbeist to be able to gain her power.

Basically, this is all a really unlikely chain of events that must occur in a specific order and is extremely unlikely to be replicated.

• Love 2
As for Juliette's condition, it might be best to think of it as the culmination of lengthy, complicated and difficult magical ritual, call it The Empowering of the Mortal Vessel.

Well, hadn't thought of that all the way back.  Yeah, that actually sounds like a much more complex ritual than what Adalind went through to get her powers back.  Wonder if someone in the show wrote down all these steps for 'next time.' :)

If Juliette is really a hexenbiest, will she now be able to see other Wesen woge?

Ooh, that is a good question, and I think another question is can Juliette see Nick's creepy Grimmness, when and if she woges in front of him?

What I'm hoping we find out is that because Juliette looked like Adalind for a time, she now only looks like a hexenbiest but is not actually a hexenbiest;

Yes, because that wouldn't be ridiculous at all.  If they've gone through all the bother of showing Juliette as a hexenbeist, they should let her be a hexenbeist.

Besides, consider that when Juliette clutched herself in pain, she touched the same area that Adalind rubbed with "Hexencreme" while she was being repowered.

Ooh, that is a good question, and I think another question is can Juliette see Nick's creepy Grimmness, when and if she woges in front of him?

I hope we get to see that from Juliette's viewpoint so we can see what it looks like to other Wesen.

• Love 1

That would be interesting. It would be cool if that was the case and they showed the audience as well.

I hope we get to see that from Juliette's viewpoint so we can see what it looks like to other Wesen.

I feel it's a little too late for this.  If they were going to do it, it would have been during that whole scene where Nick asked and Monroe and Rosalee described.  They spent time showing and talking about this already.  At this point I'd rather not see it at all and leave it to the imagination.  We know it's in the eyes, no special effects can live up to our imaginations.  It would only cheapen it, I think, and would come off as some kind of ploy for whichever character we saw it through (not just Juliette), even if it was Monroe or Bud at this point.

• Love 2

...We know it's in the eyes...
They already showed his eyes look black and told us that to the wessen, his eyes reflect the woged images back to them--which I, shapeshifter *takes a bow* first postulated in the first half of the first season, and can't resist bragging about. Sorry.
  • Love 3

The character and the actress are boring as paste. They've been trying to make her relevant for two seasons now, so they're just going to keep throwing things against the wall to see what sticks. And now that David is going out with her IRL, God help us all. He's probably going to try to get her in more scenes, and that's just what the show needs. More stories centered around Juliette, because it wasn't enough we wasted an entire season on her drama. I also thought I was watching a show called Grimm, but they should have called it, Snowflake.

Just when Nick gets his Grimm powers back, and the show could have gone back to being awesome, they eff up Wu's character and make Juliette magical. Man, would I love to get into the writers' room and find out what they're smoking.

I thought I quit this show at the end of last season.  Now, I'm back to hate-watching it.

I hope that Guintoli doesn't try to get Tulloch into more scenes. The Nick and Juliette relationship was always centered around relationship drama. 

This show was great when it was the Nick and Monroe show of S1.

Still can't stand Juliette.  I can't believe that this show keeps trying to cram this character into major storylines.  Possibly, she's a hexenbiest because the writers are going to have some epic <eyeroll> showdown between Juliette and Adalind.  Ugh, creating a storyline to show how badass Juliette is.  The writers must love her because Juliette was a sharpshooter the moment that she held a gun and because she was able to defeat some ogre who took out Hank, a seasoned cop/detective.

I can't stand what happened to the Wu character.  He was great when he was the comic, snarky relief of the show. 

Renard still has nothing to do. 

Stop with the stupid Royals storyline.  Adalind could have been a great villian, but she's stuck being stupid in that stupid storyline.  Not even Alexis Denisoff's campiness could save it.

I miss Teresa.  She really was great.  For somebody who didn't know that she was a Grimm until recently, she has had less drama in her lfie than Nick and Juliette have had in the past three seasons.  She was so refreshing in her zest regarding her Grimmness.

• Love 2

I dunno. When I am not fine, and the people I know are not fine, and we are asked seriously if we are okay, will say in fact no, not okay, I have a fever or no, not okay, I have some kind of weird headache. A doctor in particular should know better.

To be fair, Rosalee did keep telling Juliette she needed to see a doctor. The problem is, what good is a human doctor going to do? Examine Juliette and go "By gum, you're a Hexenbiest!"

When they're going through all those book in the trailer it makes me wonder where Aunt Marie got them all. I mean, maybe she inherited them from her father, but where did he get them? There seems to be a veritable library of Grimm research in there, somehow it all had to come together. 

I wish they would explore more of Nick's family history, because maybe his family line is descended from the original Grimm or something, which is why they have all the gathered books and research, while other Grimms are just playing it by ear.

I wish they would explore more of Nick's family history, because maybe his family line is descended from the original Grimm or something, which is why they have all the gathered books and research, while other Grimms are just playing it by ear.

I got the impression that each Grimm family has its own library built of the combined experiences of Grimms all down their line. After all, Josh's dad had his own collection of books and artifacts that had presumably been handed down to him.

I miss Teresa.  She really was great.  For somebody who didn't know that she was a Grimm until recently, she has had less drama in her lfie than Nick and Juliette have had in the past three seasons.  She was so refreshing in her zest regarding her Grimmness.

I miss her so much. She was exactly what the show needed. She'd better be back, damn it!

I got the impression that each Grimm family has its own library built of the combined experiences of Grimms all down their line. After all, Josh's dad had his own collection of books and artifacts that had presumably been handed down to him.

I miss her so much. She was exactly what the show needed. She'd better be back, damn it!

For some reason I always thought that every Grimm was supposed to be descended from a single Grimm, that was from thousands and thousands of years ago (and that is why I thought Nick would say, "well my ancestors did this when this happened...." or Monroe going, "well it looks like your ancestor did a...." ) and that Aunt Marie just collected those books (with some that were actually passed down to her).

Wasn't Aunt Marie a librarian? I had always imagined that her profession made her especially motivated to not only preserve the books created by Nick's branch of the family but also to preserve and collect anything else she found. 

Edited by evilmindatwork