Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Chupacabra

If Juliet is really a hexenbiest now, I'm out.

Personally, I don't think that she is going to be a hexenbiest for long, and/or she isn't a hexenbeist. but she now has some kind of connection with Adeline. This is just my personal guess, but I don't think that TPTB will allow Juliette to say like this forever (which means we get yet again, another stupid Juliette storyline). I would think  that either Mama Renard and/or Rosalee will fix this problem for Juliette. 

I don't know how much more Juliette is going to take before she leaves Nick. She wasn't big on him becoming a Grimm again. With the crap she went through before & now... If I looked in the mirror & saw that, I'd stay long enough to fix the problem then run FAR away before something else happened. We don't even know if it can be fixed. I'm hoping its just a very nasty temporary side effect. Also- with Juliette thinking she was pregnant, she had to realize that with Nick being a Grimm, it would be too dangerous for them to have a baby. I hope she doesn't go- I like her & Nick would be lost without her.

Who knows if Elizabeth knew about what would happen. She seemed to realize how important Nick is to Renard. Whether of not that matters to her, I don't know. I wish there was a way for Nick to warn his Mom that Elizabeth is looking for her. I don't want Kelly to get hurt- I don't want Nick to lose her for real this time.

I think the writers were stupid to send Theresa out of Portland. I think she added a nice element to the show & she was a help. She needs to come back!!

For me, the highlight of the entire show up to this point would be if Nick (or anyone) finally kills Adalind. Nick has had sooo many opportunities but he didn't take them. She's never going to stop causing trouble.

With Wu, Hank, Nick, & Monroe need to sit down & tell him everything. They should take him to the trailer too. I don't know why they waited this long, maybe it was for his safety. The poor guy- he's gonna end up back in the nut house.

I didn't realize there was going to be a winter break. I was so disappointed to see it wasn't on last night.

I don't know how much more Juliette is going to take before she leaves Nick. She wasn't big on him becoming a Grimm again. With the crap she went through before & now... If I looked in the mirror & saw that, I'd stay long enough to fix the problem then run FAR away before something else happened. We don't even know if it can be fixed. I'm hoping its just a very nasty temporary side effect. Also- with Juliette thinking she was pregnant, she had to realize that with Nick being a Grimm, it would be too dangerous for them to have a baby. I hope she doesn't go- I like her & Nick would be lost without her.

Who knows if Elizabeth knew about what would happen. She seemed to realize how important Nick is to Renard. Whether of not that matters to her, I don't know. I wish there was a way for Nick to warn his Mom that Elizabeth is looking for her. I don't want Kelly to get hurt- I don't want Nick to lose her for real this time.

I think the writers were stupid to send Theresa out of Portland. I think she added a nice element to the show & she was a help. She needs to come back!!

For me, the highlight of the entire show up to this point would be if Nick (or anyone) finally kills Adalind. Nick has had sooo many opportunities but he didn't take them. She's never going to stop causing trouble.

With Wu, Hank, Nick, & Monroe need to sit down & tell him everything. They should take him to the trailer too. I don't know why they waited this long, maybe it was for his safety. The poor guy- he's gonna end up back in the nut house.

I didn't realize there was going to be a winter break. I was so disappointed to see it wasn't on last night.

Grimms have babies too.  It's the reason Nick is around to become a Grimm. 

Juliette doesn't really seem to have problem with Nick being a Grimm.  She was fully supportive of him through Season 3.  Juliette's problem comes more with people making decisions that affect her without first consulting her (Nick's mom bringing Adalind to their home, Nick bringing Teresa to their home without asking/informing her).  Of course Juliette also has a problem with weird crap being inflicted on her and Nick, but that's mostly down to Adalind and I think Juliette plans to fuck Adalind to death with a rusty whisk at some point.

Elizabeth probably figured that something would but as long as Nick regained his power (and could help her son) she really didn't care.

Nick isn't going to kill Adalind.  If a fight between moved in that direction, Adalind would probably "deWoge" back into a small, cute blonde female and Nick would relent.  Juliette is the one most likely to kill Adalind.  For one thing, she has a more personal grudge.  For another, Juliette is a veterinarian.  She regularly kills dogs, cats and other small, cute mammals in the course of her job.  I can easily see Juliette injecting Adalind with some kind of poison if she tried "deWoging" and then making comforting "shhing" sound while holding and petting her as she died.

I'm okay with Theresa going away for a little while.  It was getting a little stupid that Wu knew there was a murder suspect living in Nick's home and nothing happening out of that.  Figure Theresa will return soon enough and she'll bring a whole mess of trouble when she does.

I want Nick and Hank to sit down with Wu in the trailer and explain all the Wesen stuff to him, including the points where they let him eat paper clips and check into the loony bin without bothering to explain things to him earlier.  I kind of want Wu to get involved with the hawk-FBI agent and be an antagonist.

Most of all I really want the show to pull the trigger have an (possible more than one) old-style fanatical "decapitate 'em all and let God sort 'em out" Grimm to show up in Portland.

I think Juliette needs to get in touch with her inner hexenbiest and embrace it.

This makes me laugh because my reaction would be just like hers when she looked in the mirror: Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

I have always intensely disliked the hexenbiest look. It made me wish Adalind would get killed off the first season. But then I saw the actress's comedic talent.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

including the points where they let him eat paper clips

To be fair, Adalind told Hank not to let anyone else eat the cookies meant for him, and he told Wu not to eat the cookies. It was stubborn, boundary-ignoring Wu who invited that madness in.  Having Hank explain that? Is a scene I want.  "You just ate crazy stuff. I came thisclose to dying and had strangers in my bedroom when I woke up!" Then they can both just stare at Nick. *g*

I seriously want the Monroe-is-kidnapped thing to be resolved next episode so those two can have a flippin' honeymoon! Seriously, Portland managed just fine without an active Grimm for decades. Two weeks should be fine, Show. Be kind!

I seriously want the Monroe-is-kidnapped thing to be resolved next episode so those two can have a flippin' honeymoon! Seriously, Portland managed just fine without an active Grimm for decades. Two weeks should be fine, Show. Be kind!

Portland will still have it's Grimm... he just won't have as much support as he usually has.

I think they should sit Wu down and talked to him but not in the trailer, at least not yet. It was to much for Juliette when Nick tried to explain it to her.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 1

Hmmm, is that the next Wesen species we'll meet, equine?

The second season had that horse Wesen (the Nuckelavee) as one of the assassins called in on Nick. I remember seeing him woge in his car and thinking he'd better calm down or he'd never get the door open with hooves for hands.

• Love 3

I could swear I saw a promo last night and it said the 9th.  I could definitely be wrong, so I guess an oath isn't called for.  Need to verify.

I had originally marked the 9th, but zap2it is showing a rerun of this episode, Chupacabra, then.

Of course, they've been wrong before.

There are a lot of new episodes of other shows airing that night, and the only sports thing I see is NBA with the Chicago Bulls v the Washington Wizards on My50 Chicago, which is owned by Fox, but Glee on Fox is frickin premiering at the same time. IDK. Maybe it has something to do with which episode of Grimm will air during March sweeps?

Are "sweeps" in March, or am I confused?

Sweeps are considered to occur in November, February and May.  According to IMDB, "Highway of Tears" (Season 4, Episode 6) will air at 8pm Eastern time on Friday, January 2.  Based on that, I figure that S4, E7 will come at the same time on January 9   January 16 will likely see a rerun of Chupacabra to lead into the newest episode which is titled,

Wesenrein.