Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

Adding those 2 would make 8 in the lineup; is that "normal" for the Housewives?

A bit more than the normal. Most shows have 5 to 7 regular HWs, but with Friends of, it can feel like are 8 or 9 on...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, LizDC said:

Was just coming to post this. It ought to be interesting. Why is Erika not listed?

Teddi had better start practicing how to keep her trap shut because I don't think these two are going to go for her accountability crap. It is weird, though, adding two women who don't have a real connection with the others, isn't it? Unless I'm missing something.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, politichick said:

Was just coming to post this. It ought to be interesting. Why is Erika not listed?

Teddi had better start practicing how to keep her trap shut because I don't think these two are going to go for her accountability crap. It is weird, though, adding two women who don't have a real connection with the others, isn't it? Unless I'm missing something.

i have the same thoughts.  i might watch if erika is off.  now to get rid of rinna but that's not going to happen as satan andy loves rinna!

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, politichick said:

Where do you see anyone listed (and Erika not)?

• Love 1

Well, I can now happily delete this franchise from my TV viewing, but I will still be chatting with you fine folks on the OC & NYC forums!  I can't watch another season with Rinna, Kyle or Erika.  Rinna, in particular, has ruined this one for me.  Happy snarking though!   🙂

• Love 22
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yay for Garcelle! I think she’s gorgeous and could see her spicing things up.

Anyone who would send out a mass e-mail when she found out her husband was cheating on her with "some slut from Chicago" is someone not to be fucked with. She's certainly not conflict avoidant like the rest of these dopes. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

Ugh, another actress

Yeah, it isn't like this show hasn't had actresses or former actresses since it's earliest days...

They've also cut Camille, which is fine with me because I never liked the bitch. I'll be quite glad to not have to listen to her breathy whispers.

I'll definitely miss her as LVP's avatar/attack dog, would have been a good role for to play again on the next season.

Speaking of the next season...can't wait, it should be interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, LizDC said:

I cannot stand Lisa Vanderpump and her pretentiousness. She in Camille grammar make a good pair. I'm glad they are both off the show.

I used to feel sorry for Camille because of the way her husband left her. Now I think he was smart,  Even though I can't stand him and he was wrong the way he did it.

I just read Camille is gone... Dingdong the witch is dead.... Or should I say witches, since LVP is also gone!

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I cannot stand Lisa Vanderpump and her pretentiousness. She in Camille grammar make a good pair. I'm glad they are both off the show.

I used to feel sorry for Camille because of the way her husband left her. Now I think he was smart,  Even though I can't stand him and he was wrong the way he did it.

I just read Camille is gone... Dingdong the witch is dead.... Or should I say witches, since LVP is also gone!

Honestly, after all the low blows from Camille, I’m team Kelsey. I don’t condone cheating, but there are so many other ways to hurt and humiliate without cheating. 

I like a lot about LVP, but like with Camille, when you have so much friction with just about everybody, very rarely is the only reason jealousy from everyone. Part of it, sure. Just not all of it. I hope LVP gets a breather after the year she’s had and didn’t like how she was treated, but if she returns in the future, I hope she will care more about her friends and/or coworkers’ feelings than storyline. 

I read somewhere that Andy didn’t initially like the idea of Rinna on the show because she is an actress. Either that wasn’t true, or he totally changed his mind. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I thought that was actually a pretty great season overall.

I liked it too.

I've always known with BH - there is one story line for the entire arc of the season - so while I did get tired of PuppyGate - I knew the drill.

I loved the chateaux in Provence.

I called it a while ago all of the HW's would be back along with Rinna's friend. I didn't know about the other HW (Garcelle)

I am hoping this will change the one story line arc with the edition of 2 new housewives.

I am also forever grateful we don't have to see another Villa Vomit dinner

I'll be watching

• Love 4

Well, if we're going to use "she's having a tough year" as a reason for her to take time off of this show, then it would apply to filming all reality TV shows as well, I would think.

Lol are the chuckleheads that exhausting?

I only watched a few episodes of that show and they were exhausting enough for me to stop watching.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Well, if we're going to use "she's having a tough year" as a reason for her to take time off of this show, then it would apply to filming all reality TV shows as well, I would think.

I only watched a few episodes of that show and they were exhausting enough for me to stop watching.

VPR is not nearly as taxing for LVP as Housewives would be. She only has to interact when she wants on VPR. She doesn't have to deal with people parsing every sentence from her waiting for a chance to attack.  So, no I wouldn't say it's the same thing at all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

VPR is not nearly as taxing for LVP as Housewives would be. She only has to interact when she wants on VPR. She doesn't have to deal with people parsing every sentence from her waiting for a chance to attack.  So, no I wouldn't say it's the same thing at all. 

Not the same thing, no, but to me using the "it's tough to film a reality show while having a rough year" was just kind of bullshit to me when she leaves one show but stays on the other. Whether taxing or not, it's still a reality show. I did lose some respect for LVP for quitting in the middle of the season, I thought she was made of sterner stuff than that. Heck, LVP survived season 4, and somehow was able to turn it all around. Plus she tut tutted Adrienne for not showing up for season 3's reunion. So yeah, not buying this whole "the womenz are mean to me *sniff*sniff*sniff*" bs, which I suppose is my prerogative.

Here is a fluff-piece about Sutton. How long before she and Rinna stop being friends? More often than not, it seems being on this show can be a kiss of death when it comes to friendships...

https://hollywoodlife.com/feature/who-is-sutton-stracke-rhobh-star/

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I didn’t know about Garcelle Beauvais, that’s interesting! I only know her from her Jamie Foxx Show days. I wondered when RHOBH would have a black housewife, I’m surprised it only took ten seasons! 😆

Joking aside, I seriously thought it would never happen, which was disappointing. I’m excited to see how she and Rinna’s friend turn out next season, bring it on!

• Love 2

I only know her from her Jamie Foxx Show days.

She was also on NYPD Blue for a few seasons as well.

I wondered when RHOBH would have a black housewife, I’m surprised it only took ten seasons!

To be fair, they did have an Arab-American for a few seasons and a Hispanic-American for one season. Not much, but arguably far ahead of the curve when it comes to diversity on a HWs show...

Kyle and Rinna are in charge now.

Not likely. If they were, the cast would have been very different over the last few years. Faye would have definitely been a HW by now, and Brandi wouldn't have lasted more than a season or 2.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

She was also on NYPD Blue for a few seasons as well.

She was on Models, Inc which was a Melrose Place spin off. She had a too short run on Grimm. She was Our Lady Underground on The Magicians and has a recurring role on Siren. 

To be fair, they did have an Arab-American for a few seasons and a Hispanic-American for one season. Not much, but arguably far ahead of the curve when it comes to diversity on a HWs show...

The real third rail on Beverly Hills is money and how it's earned. They need a woman who is self-made, but not an actress or a model, not conflict avoidant, and maybe smarter than these women, which isn't hard. The kind of woman that they need would never do the show. Kelly Cutrone would decimate these dopes. Tonne Goodman would be a nice addition, but she'd never ever do the show. I would love Laura Wasser, but she'd never ever do the show either.

Not likely. If they were, the cast would have been very different over the last few years. Faye would have definitely been a HW by now, and Brandi wouldn't have lasted more than a season or 2.

Yep! If Kyle had that power, she'd never have to consider making nice with Camille. Faye would be a housewife. Brandi wouldn't keep turning up like a bad penny. And most importantly, Kyle wouldn't consistently get such a shit edit.

In contrast, Bethenny gets a hero's edit no matter how awful and tone deaf she's being. They demoted Luann in season 6 in part because she lied about wanting a baby with Jacques and wanted to keep their break up off the show. Whereas Bethenny has been free to "break up" with Dennis right as they begin filming and reconnect when they wrap for years and the only time it comes up is because Luann mentioned it. Kyle gets a crap edit that constantly reminds you that they have slightly more affection for her than they do for Dorit, but she's no sacred cow.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She was on Models, Inc which was a Melrose Place spin off. She had a too short run on Grimm. She was Our Lady Underground on The Magicians and has a recurring role on Siren. 

The real third rail on Beverly Hills is money and how it's earned. They need a woman who is self-made, but not an actress or a model, not conflict avoidant, and maybe smarter than these women, which isn't hard. The kind of woman that they need would never do the show. Kelly Cutrone would decimate these dopes. Tonne Goodman would be a nice addition, but she'd never ever do the show. I would love Laura Wasser, but she'd never ever do the show either.

Yep! If Kyle had that power, she'd never have to consider making nice with Camille. Faye would be a housewife. Brandi wouldn't keep turning up like a bad penny. And most importantly, Kyle wouldn't consistently get such a shit edit.

If Kyle had that kind of "power" she would have brought back Taylor to the show

• Love 3
On 8/30/2019 at 3:48 AM, Hiyo said:

Yeah, it isn't like this show hasn't had actresses or former actresses since it's earliest days...

I'll definitely miss her as LVP's avatar/attack dog, would have been a good role for to play again on the next season.

Speaking of the next season...can't wait, it should be interesting.

From Andy Cohen’s mouth...we interviewed Lisa Rinna for season 1, but we felt she was too well known of an actress and it would not seem like an authentic housewives show.  They wanted women that were not household names.  In the beginning of this series, the focus was on their everyday lives, regardless of whether they acted or not...Andy said they changed their minds, thus Rinna, Eileen, etc.  At that point, I think the ratings were up and down and they wanted to spice it up.  Even Andy didn’t think of Kyle and Kim as actresses, more like retired child actresses.

This has now turned into one of those celebrity shows, instead of a housewife show.  No thanks...

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Whether well known or not, that isn't the point. The point is someone mentioned how the series was bad now because of too many actresses haven been on recently or will be joining. The point is, there have always been actresses on this show since day 1.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Whether well known or not, that isn't the point. The point is someone mentioned how the series was bad now because of too many actresses haven been on recently or will be joining. The point is, there have always been actresses on this show since day 1.

Exactly!

Kyle Richards and Kim Richards were actresses. Kim being the most famous.

LVP failed actress.

Even Brandi when she came on - besides being ex-wife whose husband cheated on her - presented herself as an actress/model.

This was way before Lisa Rinna & Eileen came aboard

"Model" is another title these HW's label themselves as - none were ever famous for modeling.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Well, I do have the right to have my opinion, that is my opinion, that this will make the show suck, in my opinion!  

I can’t stand Rinna, she loves to “act” too much for my tastes.  I prefer they emphasize their personal lives, like the premise of a real housewives show.  If I wanted to watch a bunch of actresses in real life, I hear there’s plenty of those types of crappy shows already on that I don’t watch.  

Yes, there have always been some actresses on the show, Andy and the producers felt too many well known actresses would not feel genuine and I concur.  Because, that’s my opinion.  It will now be a show about the real actresses of Beverly Hills...which is not the original premise of this franchise.  

The change in philosophy, makes it a bad show, in my opinion.

Have I mentioned this was my opinion?  We all get to have one here.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

This is the reason why the show is turning to shit. Too much "acting" and "performing". Looking at you Kyle, Rinna, Erika. So rehearsed.  Rinna even looks directly at the camera. You can tell that they practice "faces" in front of the mirror for full effect. They should have stuck with people who are more natural. Teddi is a dumb annoying bitch but at least she isn't trying to perform like a dumb annoying bitch. She really is one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Well, I do have the right to have my opinion, that in my opinion, that will make the show suck, in my opinion!  

I cant stand Rinna, she loves to “act” too much for my tastes.  I prefer they emphasize their personal lives, like the premise of a real housewives show.  If I wanted to watch a bunch of actresses in real life, I hear there’s plenty of those types of crappy shows already on that I don’t watch.  

Yes, there have always been some actresses on the show, Andy and the producers felt too many well known actresses would not feel genuine and I concur.  Because, that’s my opinion.  It will now be a show about the real actresses of Beverly Hills...which is not the original premise of this franchise.  

The change in philosophy, makes it a bad show, in my opinion.

Have I mentioned this was my opinion?  We all get to have one here.

The original premise of the show and what it has become has changed. You also have to take into account the franchise by city.

OC was the first one - about "upper class" women who lived in a gated community

NY was next - which was supposed to be about NY "socialites"

Then it was Atlanta, NJ and DC.

Next was BH - first thing was none of them even lived in BH - it hinted at women with "money" and the first season when you think California - you do think of people on the small screen/large screen. Kim and Kyle were actresses. Kim was the most famous as a child actress. Both Kim and Kyle did work as adults acting. Wasn't Kim a regular on Chips and Magnum PI? Kyle with small bit parts like ER.

Then came Miami, Dallas and Potomac.

As the years went by and as each season of each franchise progressed - cast members were "known" somewhat publicly. i.e. Carole was an author but her claim to fame was marrying Anthony cousin to JFK Jr. Another "Tinsley" infamous for her mugshot and she hadn't been a NY resident for years.

With BH, Brandi was brought on for the scandal with Eddie/Leann. Joyce was/is married to a director. There was always a "Tinsletown" connection to this franchise. Adding another actress as a HW to this franchise isn't surprising.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The original premise of the show and what it has become has changed. You also have to take into account the franchise by city.

OC was the first one - about "upper class" women who lived in a gated community

NY was next - which was supposed to be about NY "socialites"

Then it was Atlanta, NJ and DC.

Next was BH - first thing was none of them even lived in BH - it hinted at women with "money" and the first season when you think California - you do think of people on the small screen/large screen. Kim and Kyle were actresses. Kim was the most famous as a child actress. Both Kim and Kyle did work as adults acting. Wasn't Kim a regular on Chips and Magnum PI? Kyle with small bit parts like ER.

Then came Miami, Dallas and Potomac.

As the years went by and as each season of each franchise progressed - cast members were "known" somewhat publicly. i.e. Carole was an author but her claim to fame was marrying Anthony cousin to JFK Jr. Another "Tinsley" infamous for her mugshot and she hadn't been a NY resident for years.

With BH, Brandi was brought on for the scandal with Eddie/Leann. Joyce was/is married to a director. There was always a "Tinsletown" connection to this franchise. Adding another actress as a HW to this franchise isn't surprising.

Yes, I remember Kyle and Kim very well from when I was young.  I’m in between Kim and Kyle age wise.  I’m probably one of the few here that doesn’t dislike Kim.  I think it’s because she portrayed a sweet girl in all of her acting jobs as a young girl.  I watched Nanny and the Professor, Witch Mountain, etc.  I remember Kim playing Olga and Kyle’s run on Little House.  I lost interest in her acting career as she aged and fizzled her life away.  

With Kim and Kyle, as an interested viewer, I was wondering about what their real families were like.  Kind of a whatever  happened to them? I love hearing about Kurt Russell, and his family, since he started as a child, whether he’s acting or not.

I heard of Rinna from DOL and Eileen from Y&R and their husbands.  IMO, their husbands are more famous to me.  I wanted to see their personal lives, not watch Rinna act up and stir the pot 24/7.  She’s too fake.  I much preferred Eileen as she did get real.

Yeah, LVP, “acted” but not really.  I only knew she was in that Shoot That Poison Arrow...I know ALL things early 80s videos before MTV and VH1 went off message.

All I thought of with Taylor and Adrienne was what we saw on the screen.  Camille, to me, was Kelsey’s wife and worked in production.

You are correct, the direction on these shows, took a slight turn...but I think that will lead to their downfall.  With this particular franchise, IMO, Rinna was hustling a bit too much for my tastes and I think it darkens the sparkle of what we should see on RHBH.  Others might find what I like boring...but it’s clear from posters all over this board that the magic has been lost.  I don’t think that’s because they’ve been played out, I think it’s a combination of miscasting and focusing on shady drama/smut that Andy clearly lives for...Every time they bring back Brandi, I’m thinking, “Really?  That’s the best ya got for creating ratings?”  No thanks.

It looks to me that the real problem is finding willing housewives that really are rich and fabulous.  Bravo seems to prefer the train wreck.  I do think RHNY is the closest to genuine behavior we see with these ladies.  It’s always been my favorite of all of these shows.  I want to get a behind the scenes view, actors or not, not a fake storyline.

While I agree with you, the premise changed over the years, I believe that’s what’s wrecking these shows for me.  It’s too easy that find drama queens that are actresses.  

Edited by IKnowRight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

It might be true - I just read that Erika took all references to RHOBH from her SM. While I do go on her Twitter and Instagram - I've never really paid attention to her bios on those screens.

For some reason, I’m truly surprised she’s not returning.  I wonder if it was a family decision to avoid their issues with lawsuits.

• Love 4