Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Good news. Mauricio lost in court today and the lawsuit about his sleazy crooked moves will continue so all of the Housewives will have to testify.

I wonder if they will film that for next season?

You know. So we can see Kyle’s “truth.” 

200.webp?cid=790b76115d27a3fc6a4d4155492

• LOL 11
9 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Good news. Mauricio lost in court today and the lawsuit about his sleazy crooked moves will continue so all of the Housewives will have to testify.

I saw that - it looks a lot more serious than I thought.  If proved I think he could get jail time for fraud.   Gosh it's like Teresa and Joe!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I'd love to see the text messagage going between the harpies now.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I think there were two suits, one vs the original buyer as plaintiff and one vs Mo’s insurer as plaintiff. This is the buyer one? Honestly given how little money was involved (compared to his profit on the deal) why didn’t he just pay up and avoid the battle?

Edited by AUJulia
Derp avoidance
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

What should have been the 6 month later scenes:

Kyle: In her closet, surrounded by dogs,  packing up birkins and bundles of hundred dollar bills in suitcases. There is a box behind her labelled “my husband.” Mauricio is “away.”

(snip only for space)

clapping crowd.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TVFANNO1 said:

https://realityblurb.com/2019/07/11/rhobh-star-kyle-richards-husband-mauricio-umansky-dealt-minor-blow-in-lawsuit-over-32-million-home-sale/

Information regarding Mauricio Umansky's lawsuit - the judge has decided that it's not going to be dismissed.

Apparently Kyle says in the reunion that her husband didn't scam anyone. I've always liked Mauricio, but I need more info from Kyle regarding this fiasco. When she explained "You stole my goddamn house," it made complete sense to me. I don't think they stole Kim's house and believe that they have supported her throughout the years. So far, it's not looking good for Mauricio this time sadly. The buyer being a crook doesn't make it any more ethical for shady business practices on Mauricio's part. If there's nothing more to the story than Mauricio hiding higher offers, secretly partnering with the seller, and then flipping the home for a ton more money, very sad. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't want to judge anyone because I wouldn't want to be judged for attire I might wear that would be deemed too sexy to others, but I've always been of the opinion if you have to tape your breasts to your dress, it's not classy. There's cleavage, and there's having so much breast exposed you could practically latch on a baby! 

Much as she's been annoying me lately, I think Camille dresses nicely. Her clothes are sexy without looking slutty imo, and a nice balance between dressing too old school or trying to dress like a teeny bopper. I always thought she had the most gorgeous figure of all of them, so that probably doesn't hurt. 

We are not judging.  We are just talking about what is obvious.  That’s what makes this blog interesting.  The most interesting thing is Mauricio and his court decision.  The whole gang might be in trouble.  This is just too much .. I’m dying.  Screw Kyles dress.  This new revalation is GOLD.  LOL.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, renatae said:

Ooh. Maybe I'll tune im nect season just to see the downfall of Kyle, Dorit and her locked accounts, and Erika without her glam squad.

Ah, who am I kidding? The real real doesn't seem to ever come to light on this show. But Dorit will have to recycletthose designer names,iif she doesn't have to sell them.

I don’t watch all the time, but can someone tell me what the other girls have to do with Mauricio?  Are they all crooks?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t watch all the time, but can someone tell me what the other girls have to do with Mauricio?  Are they all crooks?

They are being called as witnesses because they attended a party on camera at the property in question. They be asked about that under subpoena but what is more interesting is other discovery that might go on in the trial.

For instance they might be asked “where they spending and living beyond their means?”

I wonder how Dorito will answer that one?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, langford peel said:

They are being called as witnesses because they attended a party on camera at the property in question. They be asked about that under subpoena but what is more interesting is other discovery that might go on in the trial.

For instance they might be asked “where they spending and living beyond their means?”

I wonder how Dorito will answer that one?

Very, very interesting.  Thank you so much.  I’ve always wondered about Dorito.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

I saw that - it looks a lot more serious than I thought.  If proved I think he could get jail time for fraud.   Gosh it's like Teresa and Joe!

Or PK and Dorito

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, langford peel said:

I think it is 32 million that is in dispute in this case. He can’t settle and if he loses he will be in a lot of trouble.

The coverage on it is confusing but what I’m seeing that makes as much sense as anything is this:

https://realityblurb.com/2018/08/03/rhobh-kyle-richards-husband-mauricio-umansky-accused-of-defrauding-client-in-lawsuit-over-32-million-home-sale/

This story indicates that the original seller claimed Mo owed him another $8m and wanted Mo to cover $5m and The Agency’s insurer to cover $3m. The insurer said no and everybody sued. The $32m was the original sale price of the house, not the amount of damages claimed by the seller. IMO $8m might have made this go away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Actually that seems like a long shot move. The guy suing Mauricio seems to think just because they had a party at the house in question, those who hung around with Kyle would know something about Mauricio's business dealings. Doesn't sound likely to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, renatae said:

Actually that seems like a long shot move. The guy suing Mauricio seems to think just because they had a party at the house in question, those who hung around with Kyle would know something about Mauricio's business dealings. Doesn't sound likely to me.

It’s probably a long shot, but it’s not that far fetched for Kyle and/or Mauricio to have bragged to the other HWs or their husbands about the deal. I guess the plaintiffs are looking for an admission against interest from Mauricio that allows them to get around hearsay rules. I’m wondering exactly what facts are contested at this point. Wild guess is they’re at odds over whether Mauricio arranged to get the place cheap beforehand or after a bonafide arm’s length deal. i.e. whether he knew his seller was getting too little at the time of contract. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

It’s probably a long shot, but it’s not that far fetched for Kyle and/or Mauricio to have bragged to the other HWs or their husbands about the deal. I guess the plaintiffs are looking for an admission against interest from Mauricio that allows them to get around hearsay rules. I’m wondering exactly what facts are contested at this point. Wild guess is they’re at odds over whether Mauricio arranged to get the place cheap beforehand or after a bonafide arm’s length deal. i.e. whether he knew his seller was getting too little at the time of contract. 

I agree completely and tracks with my view.

I just think if these morons are put on the stand you can’t imagine the ramifications. How is that going to work out?

Not good. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I just think if these morons are put on the stand you can’t imagine the ramifications. How is that going to work out?

Not good. 

Good entertainment though. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

It’s probably a long shot, but it’s not that far fetched for Kyle and/or Mauricio to have bragged to the other HWs or their husbands about the deal.

It's a possibility.  Absolutely.  But I tend to think they're being named mainly for the splashy headline value of it more than a true belief they have any in depth knowledge of this deal.

What's a long shot is that we'd get any in depth knowledge about the finances of the other housewives.  Unless there's reason to suspect they financially benefited directly from this deal, digging into their finances would be out of scope of the lawsuit. 

• Love 7

Bottom line is that Mauricio brokered and sold the place (under somewhat false pretenses) to himself.  And then made a killing "flipping" it.  Shady as all fuck, and most side-eyeworthy.

The party he threw there isn't relevant, except to underscore the gall and utter disregard for honor and decency that "the husband" has.

• Love 23

The ho's (LVP included) will be deposed. They won't be on the witness stand if this goes to trial. I doubt their depositions will yield much for the plaintiffs. These women aren't close.

• Love 2

Except at trial, there's a real live judge who likely won't have much patience for a lawyer bringing forth witnesses with nothing relevant to the case to offer and will likely be even stricter in enforcing scope boundaries.  Heck, whether or not they're even deposed will depend on how much money the plaintiffs want to waste.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Apparently Kyle says in the reunion that her husband didn't scam anyone. I've always liked Mauricio, but I need more info from Kyle regarding this fiasco. When she explained "You stole my goddamn house," it made complete sense to me. I don't think they stole Kim's house and believe that they have supported her throughout the years. So far, it's not looking good for Mauricio this time sadly. The buyer being a crook doesn't make it any more ethical for shady business practices on Mauricio's part. If there's nothing more to the story than Mauricio hiding higher offers, secretly partnering with the seller, and then flipping the home for a ton more money, very sad. 

But if it becomes a story for next season it will be epic!  That combined with the Erika and Dorit's legal entanglements could be the best season!  If they do show it I would like LVP back just as a foe for them.  She and Camille can sit and talk about their unfortunate situations 😂.  Maybe offer to start a gofundme for mounting legal bills.  HA!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

They could bring them in as witnesses to Kim claiming that Kyle and Mauricio stole her house. They could call them to ask what Mauricio said to them about the property and if he made a sales pitch  or how he described the property. Also as general character witnesses. There are a lot of loopholes to exploit. As you say it all depends on the judge. He or she might be star struck you never know. Remember Judge Ito?

Edited by langford peel
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Kim would testify about what Kim said if it were relevant. 

Any knowledge they had would likely be revealed in a deposition which is testimony under oath.  If they had no knowledge,  it'd be a waste of the court's time for the plaintiff to call them to court. And if the judge is star struck, it'd be even a bigger risk for the plaintiff to call celeb people who are considered friends of the defendant's wife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, langford peel said:

I think they will be called for the publicity value and to pressure Mauricio to settle. Plus most of them are so stupid who knows what they will say.

I think that they want to talk to the producers and the people who have seen all the film.

I think the performerrs/cast is just to cover their bases in case their was some talk about the house at the party that incriminates Mauricio. that needs to be followed up on with the participants to the conversation.

• Useful 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Not me. I loathe both Teddi and Rinna. Rinna got far too cocky with her tweets about Bravo, and she is so fake. I'm thrilled. Toss Dorito in, and I'd watch again. Camille made this season for me, or what I bothered with.

I’m curious to see what Rinna will do to make sure she’s front and center. Teddi doesn’t bother me; she seems like a good person - but I can’t listen to Camille’s whiny voice and poor-me idiocy.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
On 7/11/2019 at 7:24 PM, langford peel said:

Not good. 

asks russian GIF

A little something for my Mad Men buddies

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

The source kept saying the problem with Teddi is that she slipped into playing the protagonist and that is boring to viewers.

I don't think they'll drop Rinna.  I am now wondering if Rinna decided to be a ringleader in a season long fight with LvP because she wanted to position herself for a renegotiation and pay raise.  Being responsible for/ part of drama creates a lot of negotiating leverage.  

I don't think it turned out the way she expected but it probably is a pretty good bargaining position since LvP walked.  They'd really only can Rinna if they were so pissed about LvP walking that they decided to fire her as an example to the rest of the cast and all the other franchises.  But I think that there was too much collusion with Kyle/Erika/Dorit/Teddi to think that was going to happen.

I also wonder if there is a bit more risk than usual (none vs a doubtful sliver) that other HWs bail that on top of LvP splitting they'll stick with Rinna.  With Dorit, Erika, and Kyle all having spouses with legal issues its not impossible to think that one or more of them might decide that the risk of bad press outweighs their reasons for being on the show.  

If they planned to ax anyone, I'd expect it to be Denise because she was reportedly offered more to be on the show than any other HW and she didn't really earn it this season.

• Love 2

I just don't want Teddi as a friend of.  All she's going to do is chime in for Kyle.

I can see Rinna being let go due to social media abuse.  She's been all over the map this season.  The lawsuit threat at Bravo probably didn't go over well.

Ericka added nothing this year.  She probably needs to step it up next year.  Kind of surprised she's not on the chopping block.

And Dorit!  How does she stay?  Does anyone really like her?  Does anyone enjoy hate watching her?  Does she owe Bravo money so she's working it off?

• Love 11
(edited)

My two cents on some of this:

Mauricio's lawsuit
I have to believe we are missing something.  Mauricio is smart enough to know that that would have surfaced pretty quickly and that he'd be in a boatload of trouble.  This is Joe Guidice territory.  The only explanations that might work IMO are that a) his ego got the best of him and he thought he could get away with it or b) something happened which made him not understand the full details of the transaction.  Or, maybe Mauricio just isn't smart after all.

Kyle and Mauricio "stealing" Kim's house
I feel Kim bankrolled that family to a large degree for the duration of much of her childhood - much more so than Kyle.  I also feel that Kyle refuses to acknowledge this much less believe Kim is due anything "extra" at all.  Probably Kim screwed up somewhere and Kyle and Mauricio obtained the home legally - but it was a FU to Kim.  (I'm totally team Kim in the Kim vs. Kyle debate).  I find it interesting that Little Kathy and Kim get along well.  Kyle was the baby and probably didn't see or experience things the same way the older girls did.

Casting changes
It's got to be hard casting this show in BH.  I wouldn't mind if all returned given that Lisa is out just to see how it goes.  They've all been a bit tame since Lisa's lie-detector test situation.  It might be different next season.  If I had to pick, I'd get rid of Teddi.  She's dry as dirt and not smart enough to keep up with the others. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

My two cents on some of this:

Mauricio's lawsuit
I have to believe we are missing something.  Mauricio is smart enough to know that that would have surfaced pretty quickly and that he'd be in a boatload of trouble.  This is Joe Guidice territory.  The only explanations that might work IMO are that a) his ego got the best of him and he thought he could get away with it or b) something happened which made him not understand the full details of the transaction.  Or, maybe Mauricio just isn't smart after all.

Kyle and Mauricio "stealing" Kim's house
I feel Kim bankrolled that family for the duration of much of her childhood - much more so than Kyle.  I also feel that Kyle refuses to acknowledge this much less believe Kim is due anything "extra" at all.  Probably Kim screwed up somewhere and Kyle and Mauricio obtained the home legally - but it was a FU to Kim.  (I'm totally team Kim in the Kim vs. Kyle debate).  I find it interesting that Little Kathy and Kim get along well.  Kyle was the baby and probably didn't see or experience things the same way the older girls did.

Casting changes
It's got to be hard casting this show in BH.  I wouldn't mind if all returned given that Lisa is out just to see how it goes.  They've all been a bit tame since Lisa's lie-detector test situation.  It might be different next season.  If I had to pick, I'd get rid of Teddi.  She's dry as dirt and not smart enough to keep up with the others. 

I agree, I feel like I'm missing something with the lawsuit.

Regarding the Richards sisters...

I felt so bad for Kim season 1 and was completely on her side. She seemed sweet, fragile, and not as strong as Kyle, who came across as very alpha female/queen B. I hated what happened in the limo and thought Kyle was incredibly cruel to her sister. Season 2 and on, Kim's often displayed mean behavior herself and has a victim mentality. She wasn't the wallflower she seemed season 1, and Kyle's also a lot softer and not as strong as I first thought. I don't remember Kyle talking about all her anxiety season 1. 

I've mostly been on Kyle's side since season 2, but I know family dynamics are very complicated. I wasn't around during Kim's heyday. A lot of people her generation vouch that she was a big star, but if we're being honest, Kim was said to be big as a kid in the 70's. It's 2019 and she's in her 50's. I don't think it's fair for everyone to owe her the rest of their lives, and it still never being good enough. When Kim and Kyle discussed the "GD house," Kyle made perfect sense. Kim's own daughter was part of the sale. All Kim could come up with was "you're lying!" I get that Kim worked hard as a little girl and all her relatives reaped the benefits of it and got all these connections resulting in even more $. But my impression is that everyone has paid her back and then some. I do agree that a lot of times the younger siblings have a different experience and don't remember much. But I think Kyle would remember whether or not it was Kim or her parents who bought her, her first car.  

• Love 5
On 7/16/2019 at 4:29 PM, ParadoxLost said:

If they planned to ax anyone, I'd expect it to be Denise because she was reportedly offered more to be on the show than any other HW and she didn't really earn it this season.

Denise has been VERY well-received this season. She'll be back.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:
"New direction".  I'm guessing south.

Or maybe in the direction of real friendships and fun - especially if they ditch Camille and the new person isn’t a narcissist.

• Love 4

I'm hoping y'all can help me out!  Someone told me that although the gang strenuously points to the use of "poor creature" as proof LVP planted the story, that phrase ISN'T ACTUALLY IN THE STORY.  Which would turn the smoking gun in the opposite direction, that one of them planted the story and expected that phrase to be used.

My google-fu is normally strong, but I'm not able to find the original story, or to see if there is a story using the phrase "poor creature" that the gang was referring to.  Does anyone have any insight on this??  TIA. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You have watched these shows, right?  😉

Yes, I’ve even said Bravo uses a npd checklist when hiring - I was hoping Andy meant the new direction would be a move away from that. Fingers crossed.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, druzy said:

Rumor has it...

image.png.adf96d2901463ab9ffea3b4f5342589e.png

Would this be the same Alex Baskin who is also the co-creator and executive producer of Vanderpump Rules? Is it the Alex Baskin who is a President at Evolution Media and works closely with LVP on Vanderpump Rules and its spin offs? It would in fact be the very same person. Even if he leaked it, it's not because he's more beholden to Kyle than LVP.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4