Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

It might be true - I just read that Erika took all references to RHOBH from her SM. While I do go on her Twitter and Instagram - I've never really paid attention to her bios on those screens.

Erika did seem bored once her stage show crashed - she may be good with not returning. 

• Love 4

Erika may also have realized she would be a target now that LVP is gone, as is Camille.  More likely, she didn't want to her financial problems on tv.  Or maybe her lawyers didn't want her financial problems on tv, especially if she and her husband are fraudulently using business loans to spend spend spend on their lifestyle.

• Love 10
On 9/1/2019 at 12:16 AM, Hiyo said:

To be fair, they did have an Arab-American for a few seasons and a Hispanic-American for one season. Not much, but arguably far ahead of the curve when it comes to diversity on a HWs show...

Right, I remember the few WOC on RHOBH but I was wondering when they would have a black housewife, specifically. It was always strange to me how my favorite RH locations were essentially segregated as predominately black (Atlanta, Potomac) or predominately white (Beverly Hills, NYC). 

• Love 4

As long as the ratings hold and are steady, I don't think he really cares one way or another. The online world did the same thing once they found out LVP was done and gone, but ratings weren't affected at all.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I can’t stand Rinna, she loves to “act” too much for my tastes.

I agree - it's one thing to have been a kid actor (forty+ years ago)  or a journeyman actor (twenty+ plus yeas ago) - both of which are in-the-past career choices - but a limelight lifer like Rinna ruins any semblance of reality, imo.

She is always working that camera like a pimp come pay-day.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

As long as the ratings hold and are steady, I don't think he really cares one way or another. The online world did the same thing once they found out LVP was done and gone, but ratings weren't affected at all.

Public narcissists always attract cult followings who will trash anything threatening the celebration of the person at the center of their obsession.

Andy probably does only care about ratings, but imo he should consider the monsters he’s creating by purposely hiring narcissists and giving them such a big platform.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

The ratings were steady, but did show small amounts dropping off during the season. 

The highest episode was 1.8, Hurricane Camille. The lowest was the 3rd part of the reunion, 1.4.

They bounced around from 1.5 to 1.6 all season.  They hit a 1.7 and then drop back down again.

IIRC, they did beat WWE one of the nights in the ratings.  Ratings came from ShowBuzzDaily.

I can't find a breakdown of the demographics in the ratings.  So it doesn't show if it's a specific age group dropping off or if the all important 18-39 year olds are increasing, holding steady,etc.

• Useful 3

The ratings were steady, but did show small amounts dropping off during the season. 

The only real drop off was during the third reunion episode. Also, 3 of the 5 lowest rated episodes of the season were episodes 2, 4, and 5. Otherwise, there really is no real huge drop off. The ratings seem steady throughout the season.

he should consider the monsters he’s creating by purposely hiring narcissists and giving them such a big platform

That ship sailed years ago...

• Love 4

Someone in the responses to the Bravo tweet about the new housewives suggested rebooting with all the past Housewives and come to think of it, it's not such a bad idea - LVP, Camille, Adrienne, Taylor, Joyce, Kathryn, Marisa Zanuck for real estate,  heck even Yolanda for a little wackiness - I think de Lymes in in remission. You can even throw in Kim if she's sober. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jinjer said:

Someone in the responses to the Bravo tweet about the new housewives suggested rebooting with all the past Housewives and come to think of it, it's not such a bad idea - LVP, Camille, Adrienne, Taylor, Joyce, Kathryn, Marisa Zanuck for real estate,  heck even Yolanda for a little wackiness - I think de Lymes in in remission. You can even throw in Kim if she's sober. 

I like a lot of the actresses they’ve had, but the show was most entertaining in the beginning without them imo. 

• Love 4

It seems unlikely that Erica quit. She needs the money. Bravo correctly calculated that Erica was not going to discuss the lawsuits on the show.

Even though I am not a Camille fan, she is interesting to have on the show. Upstages Kyle. 

Sorry to see Lisa Rinna go. I don't think that she was being real on the show but none of them are. At least Rinna could be fun. Teddi is so boring.

I had posted previously there was speculation Erika was off the show based on chatter about RHOBH being removed from her Social Media. I also posted that I wasn't sure if it were the case because even though I go on her Instagram and Twitter I have never paid attention to the bio section of her SM accounts

Now we've got these articles

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/erika-jayne-is-still-a-full-time-cast-member-on-rhobh-season-10/

https://www.realitytea.com/2019/09/03/report-erika-jayne-will-return-as-a-full-time-cast-member-on-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

As for commenting on the lawsuit - Erika doesn't have to or she can say because it is an open case I can not discuss any details. Will it stop the other ladies from talking about it or questioning her - no. But then they each open the door for her to mention their open cases.

I hope Erika is on - because I'm one of the few that likes her. I also like Rinna.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I had posted previously there was speculation Erika was off the show based on chatter about RHOBH being removed from her Social Media. I also posted that I wasn't sure if it were the case because even thought I go on her Instagram and Twitter I have never paid attention to the bio section of her SM accounts

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/erika-jayne-is-still-a-full-time-cast-member-on-rhobh-season-10/

https://www.realitytea.com/2019/09/03/report-erika-jayne-will-return-as-a-full-time-cast-member-on-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

As for commenting on the lawsuit - Erika doesn't have to or she can say because it is an open case I can not discuss any details. Will it stop the other ladies from talking about it or questioning her - no. But then they each open the door for her to mention their open cases.

I hope Erika is on - because I'm one of the few that likes her. I also like Rinna.

Hmmm...I don’t mind Erika, just hoping for no Mikey if she’s coming back.  He’s so annoying.  I think she’s more interesting when Tom is with her, I really don’t enjoy her gigs.  Have no interest in her “career” or Rinna’s obsession with dirty dancing. I like Erika when she’s being real, whether she’s in a good or bad mood!

I’m truly disappointed that they are bringing on two new girls that are friends with Rinna.  I think she deserves to be frozen out.  A well known actress amongst the two new women, who in one of the articles I read, she used that dreaded hustle word!  No, no more hustle, just be your real self, not a character.  Pretty please!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

Hmmm...I don’t mind Erika, just hoping for no Mikey if she’s coming back.  He’s so annoying.  I think she’s more interesting when Tom is with her, I really don’t enjoy her gigs.  Have no interest in her “career” or Rinna’s obsession with dirty dancing. I like Erika when she’s being real, whether she’s in a good or bad mood!

I’m truly disappointed that they are bringing on two new girls that are friends with Rinna.  I think she deserves to be frozen out.  A well known actress amongst the two new women, who in one of the articles I read, she used that dreaded hustle word!  No, no more hustle, just be your real self, not a character.  Pretty please!

Mikey has his own website and his "about me" tab says he is "currently" on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. So who knows?

Bethenny who has announced exiting RHONY - her Twitter account bio still lists @bravotv and Real Housewives of NY with an apple and heart emoji

It's common among the various franchises for a new cast member to be brought on by an existing HW (sometimes I think it's a lie)

To me real: Ramona bringing on Dorinda - they are friends.

To me fake: Adrienne bringing on Brandi - I don't think she ever really knew her the way they implied

To me fake: Sonja bringing on Tinsley because she is good friends with Dale (I call BS on that - though they may have interacted in the past when Sonja was married - I don't they were ever real friends or even friendly)

To me real: LVP bringing on Dorit - and she did so because she/Ken were very close to PK

On BH I guess it was Rinna's turn - or Bravo is trying to make a "feasible" tie in to the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

I can't find a breakdown of the demographics in the ratings.  So it doesn't show if it's a specific age group dropping off or if the all important 18-39 year olds are increasing, holding steady,etc.

Thanks for the numbers, Dosodog.

I wonder how many viewers (as many of us here posted) kept watching in hopes of seeing the Botoxed Bullies finally get called on their vicious behaviour?  Makes me wonder if the ratings might reflect that next year.

If so, a large part of that will be on Andy Cohen - letting the cast walk away from taking responsiblity for their repugnant behaviour was a huge mistake, imo. There was no "wipe the board" clean moment for the show. I think that's why there's been no lessening of contempt for these women  - they're as despised today as they were months ago, and no matter what they post on social media, the subject turns to people calling them out on their unconfronted bullshit (be it bullying, financial hypocrisy, lying about plastic surgery,  etc). 

These cowardly assholes threw a river of crap at LVP, and instead, they've ended up covered in their own shit (Karma: tastes just like these chickenshits!) Maybe they can repair their images in time to not negatively impact next season, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

I’m truly disappointed that they are bringing on two new girls that are friends with Rinna.  I think she deserves to be frozen out. 

I know, right?  (I couldn't resist ; ) 

What a delightful, frothy season to look forward to:  a three-headed Rinna mocking "gunts", Catholics and people who live in small town America. 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I had posted previously there was speculation Erika was off the show based on chatter about RHOBH being removed from her Social Media. I also posted that I wasn't sure if it were the case because even though I go on her Instagram and Twitter I have never paid attention to the bio section of her SM accounts

Ditto. I was sad when I read Erika wouldn’t return. I find her glamorous and interesting, and Rinna makes me laugh. 

I like Garcelle joining. She could spice things up. I always thought she was so beautiful too. I’m not sure about Rinna’s friend. Anyone familiar with her?

It definitely would have been interesting to see how the ratings would go with the exact same cast minus LVP and Camille. LVP has an army of fans, and Camille brought the crazy this year. LVP brought a lot to the show, but I don’t think she carried the show on her back the way some of her hardcore fans think, and while Camille brought drama, not everyone watches this particular show for the drama. A lot of people watch for the lifestyle. Not everyone wants to watch a shouting match. 

• Love 9
On 9/2/2019 at 11:50 AM, IKnowRight said:

Well, I do have the right to have my opinion, that is my opinion, that this will make the show suck, in my opinion!  

I can’t stand Rinna, she loves to “act” too much for my tastes.  I prefer they emphasize their personal lives, like the premise of a real housewives show.  If I wanted to watch a bunch of actresses in real life, I hear there’s plenty of those types of crappy shows already on that I don’t watch.  

Yes, there have always been some actresses on the show, Andy and the producers felt too many well known actresses would not feel genuine and I concur.  Because, that’s my opinion.  It will now be a show about the real actresses of Beverly Hills...which is not the original premise of this franchise.  

The change in philosophy, makes it a bad show, in my opinion.

Have I mentioned this was my opinion?  We all get to have one here.

I agree. But to be fair, BH probably doesn't have a lot of needy middle-aged astrophysicist housewives lurking around...but you could throw a dart and hit 15 actresses scrambling to get on this show.

giphy.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

The highest episode was 1.8, Hurricane Camille. The lowest was the 3rd part of the reunion, 1.4.

They bounced around from 1.5 to 1.6 all season.  They hit a 1.7 and then drop back down again.

IIRC, they did beat WWE one of the nights in the ratings.  Ratings came from ShowBuzzDaily.

Ratings aren't accurate anymore. They don't count DVR, Tivo, On Demand, and in the case of Bravo (repeat shows - ad nauseam)

Bravo goes a step further - I think use their own rating system - and it has more to do with SM chatter and what hits Celebrity News as opposed to how many people are actually watching.

In terms of demographics - I think the 18-25 group - is not watching Bravo. I think Bravo's core viewers for the RH franchise is older - 35 and up - but that's just an unscientific Bunny's analysis using no actual data - LOL

BH and all of the existing franchises will survive. The one that might be in danger is NJ.

Did someone say Mikey?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Showthyme said:

It seems unlikely that Erica quit. She needs the money. Bravo correctly calculated that Erica was not going to discuss the lawsuits on the show.

Even though I am not a Camille fan, she is interesting to have on the show. Upstages Kyle. 

Sorry to see Lisa Rinna go. I don't think that she was being real on the show but none of them are. At least Rinna could be fun. Teddi is so boring.

3 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Rinna is not leaving 

• Love 2
On 9/2/2019 at 3:32 PM, IKnowRight said:

Yes, I remember Kyle and Kim very well from when I was young.  I’m in between Kim and Kyle age wise.  I’m probably one of the few here that doesn’t dislike Kim.  

Kim was the reason I started watching HWs. I like her, always have. She got a standing ovation from me when she finally bodychecked Rinna back into her own screwed up life "sheesh Let's talk about the husband". Best scene in HW history. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ratings aren't accurate anymore. They don't count DVR, Tivo, On Demand, and in the case of Bravo (repeat shows - ad nauseam)

Bravo goes a step further - I think use their own rating system - and it has more to do with SM chatter and what hits Celebrity News as opposed to how many people are actually watching.

In terms of demographics - I think the 18-25 group - is not watching Bravo. I think Bravo's core viewers for the RH franchise is older - 35 and up - but that's just an unscientific Bunny's analysis using no actual data - LOL

BH and all of the existing franchises will survive. The one that might be in danger is NJ.

Did someone say Mikey?

If this was meant to be sexy it’s a big NO from me.

• Love 3

I like her too. Rinna can be annoying, but I do enjoy her pot stirring, even if she isn't as subtle at it as it LVP is.

letting the cast walk away from taking responsiblity for their repugnant behaviour was a huge mistake, imo. There was no "wipe the board" clean moment for the show.

That's all on LVP, for walking away like a coward and not attending the reunion. Or as she herself said when Adrienne skipped the season 3 reunion:

"I think you have to understand that when you sign up for something, it's a job, you know?"

"The reunion is where you go and everything comes to fruition and you hash it out. And viewers want that the same way they want us to blog. . . So yeah, she got the hoof! She says she walked away, but she didn't. She got the big Maloof hoof! And you can quote me on that!"

"...I think she should have come, cleared up the mess, and moved on.”

But I guess the rules don't apply to LVP?

It really isn't on Andy or Bravo to check these women for what some people might see as repungent behavior.

These cowardly assholes threw a river of crap at LVP

Did they really? They mostly just called her out for leaking stories to the press.

I’m truly disappointed that they are bringing on two new girls that are friends with Rinna.

Is Garcelle a friend of Rinna? I thought only the other new girl was...

I prefer they emphasize their personal lives, like the premise of a real housewives show.

That ship sailed after the first few years of the franchise. Even in season 1 of this show, the women were careful to cultivate the image they wanted to present of themselves. Camille hiding the fact that her marriage was imploding, Taylor hiding her abuse and shaky financial situation, LVP hiding...whatever was going on between her, Ken, and Cedric. Yeah, we did get the family stuff (and we still do), but this show has never been as real as it claims to be, even back in the early days. The realest moments seem to come out when things reach a boiling point and just explode (Kyle and Kim in the limo, Rinna and Kim in Amsterdam, etc), or when the HWs let us see what is happening with their family (the stuff with LVP and her son Max, Kyle dealing with her daughter going off to college, etc).

In the end, a certain part of this has always been about the ladies doing their best to show us only what they want us to see, and trying to hide what they don't.

A lot of people watch for the lifestyle.

That's one thing you can say about this version of the franchise, it has the best overall lifestyle porn of all the HWs shows.

They don't count DVR, Tivo, On Demand, and in the case of Bravo

All the people hate-watching do keep adding coins to Andy and Bravo's coffers 😉

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 7
On 9/3/2019 at 9:05 AM, izabella said:

I didn't read all the comments, but many of them were saying they won't watch because they don't like the remaining women.  That's where I am, too.  I can't stand any of them.

Me too.  They need to replace everyone.  I do not care to see Kyle the designer, Dorit take away PK's chips, Erika patting something, Rinna stirring shit, or Teddi trying to make them accountable while trying to emote.  IF they are going to show what is REALLY going on in Kyle's, Dorit's and Erika's lives, the lawsuits, maybe it would be interesting.  MAYBE.  But these ladies are done and no longer showing anything real.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
On 9/3/2019 at 11:44 AM, jinjer said:

YES!  I would love this...how is Taylor doing these days?  What’s Adrienne like now that Paul has been out of the picture for a few years and she got over the cougar phase with Rod’s kid.  I like Kathryn, but she was probably considered too normal by the Bravo crew.  I liked Marisa’s real estate porn and it would be interesting to see the status of her marriage.  I wouldn’t mind returns of any of them, except Brandi and Carlton.  Brandi is just too low brow for RHBH (That’s my opinion! 🤨Tamra Judge tm) and I thought Carlton was a kind of scary!

• Love 6
22 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did someone say Mikey?

Eeeeeeek!  I love ya KFB, but you’re killing me Smalls! 😩

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Kyle cut bangs... not a good look -

18064480-7427541-Girl_s_night_Richards_grinned_the_entire_time_as_she_left_the_po-a-1_1567611643104.jpg

Agreed, she looks great without bangs.

It’s nice to see her Mother in law again.  She was featured heavily in the series early on, but I know she did move to Israel for a while.  Remember her face lift and Kyle all freaked out over it?!  The good old days.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

The boots are really bad!  Is she at a western themed party?  If not why the f is she wearing them?

LVP, the master manipulator, strikes one last time — it’s the only answer that makes sense.

😏

• LOL 18

Someone in the responses to the Bravo tweet about the new housewives suggested rebooting with all the past Housewives

That's not a reboot, that's nostalgia having you in a chokehold and not letting go...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

18064480-7427541-Girl_s_night_Richards_grinned_the_entire_time_as_she_left_the_po-a-1_1567611643104.jpg

Why the hell is she carrying a fugly aquamarine bag that doesn't in any way complement her outfit.

Oh....is that a BIRKIN BAG???  Cannot be out in public without the magical, overpriced, BIRKIN BAG!  Even if it's in an Easter Egg decorator color that screams "I must have my status symbol with me, even if I look like my taste is all in my mouth!"

Edited by Carolina Girl
Did not realize I'd started a response.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Why the hell is she carrying a fugly aquamarine bag that doesn't in any way complement her outfit.

Oh....is that a BIRKIN BAG???  Cannot be out in public without the magical, overpriced, BIRKIN BAG!  Even if it's in an Easter Egg decorator color that screams "I must have my status symbol with me, even if I look like my taste is all in my mouth!"

Her pants are too small (look at the pockets stretching).  The bangs look bad and her hair looked better shorter.  I am also not a fan of her mother in law.  No, I don't have anything nice to say!  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Exactly, to a tee, what I thought when I saw this photo.  Not fer nuttin', but does the fact that these bags run $25K and up override the fact that the style is yesterday's year's news?  <yawn>  I like a satchel too, but Gebus.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Her pants are too small (look at the pockets stretching).  The bangs look bad and her hair looked better shorter.  I am also not a fan of her mother in law.  No, I don't have anything nice to say!  

Sit next to me.

The cowboy boots make her leggs look even stumpier. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
On 9/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, heatherchandler said:

My eyes went straight to the bag and boots. Lordahmercy. And I hope Mauricio's mom is able to get some now...all that painful plastic surgery. Someone throw that poor old lady a bone!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Kyle has a nice body, but she doesn't know how to dress for it.

Usually Kyle starts off the season on point and you think Yay...she finally got a good stylist.

Then as the season progresses - she devolves backs to one of 2 looks - the Garden Gnome who 's been hammered into the ground too hard or the mushroom growing out the side of a nursing log.

Oy!

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Kyle has a nice body, but she doesn't know how to dress for it.

She really does have a great figure. You don’t even realize how petite she is until you see her next to some of the other women, and she still has those killer curves. I’d kill for her boobs! Lol

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She really does have a great figure. You don’t even realize how petite she is until you see her next to some of the other women, and she still has those killer curves. I’d kill for her boobs! Lol

One of Kyle's biggest issues - is she tries to dress the current trend or what she sees walking down the runway.

It doesn't often translate for someone of her height and curves.

I wonder if the above picture of her "new hair and shirt" - is a temporary thing - isn't that the look of her character in Halloween when she was little (bangs and wearing a plaid jumper)

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Sit next to me.

The cowboy boots make her leggs look even stumpier. 

I was going to say the same thing!  With that loud print on top and loud boots below (both are fine separately) she looks really squat and it is not flattering.  She isn't fat but does not dress in a way to look her best!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

She dresses like she has the body  of someone like Brandi, which doesn’t work for her.

And yeah, she need to be less of a slave to fashion.

I think both Brandi and Kyle have great figures, but yeah it is definitely easier to dress a body that’s less curvy. 

If Kyle’s attitude toward fashion is to just have fun, I won’t knock her for that. If always you’re thinking you’re too old, too young, too tall, too short, too curvy, not curvy enough, that your favorite colors don’t flatter you, you won’t enjoy shopping and fashion. If something makes your heart sing, I say wear it. 🙂 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

She dresses like she has the body  of someone like Brandi, which doesn’t work for her.

And yeah, she need to be less of a slave to fashion.

Last year during Farrahween, Kyle's Playboy Bunny costume.

I thought Kyle was beautiful - she really looked HOT

Then she ruined it - with the constant yanking - she needs to stay away from strapless if she isn't confident that the garment will stay up.

She could have easily had a seamstress attach a halter like thick ribbon to keep the top snug.

Now those other one sleeve, strapless dresses - again with going "trendy"

• Love 6