Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

LVP is guilty of manipulation, and she is not the only culprit. I just witnessed Kyle and Teddi try to manipulate Erika, and Rinna try to manipulate Camille.

Manipulation and controlling the narrative is the name of the game in the world of housewives, in any franchise. Not one of them would ever admit to it.

The master manipulator is Andy. Just watch any reunion.

1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:
Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 21

LVP is guilty of having the only interesting life on this show. What do these other people bring other than lawsuits that can’t be talked about on air? They had to import Camille to have someone with a story that they could build episodes around. The rest of them have nothing interesting going on.

There will have to be a major overhaul in the cast if they want to make this show interesting. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

That said, I agree that she will never own up and ask for forgiveness - so it will be nice to see a reunion without another deflection or poor-me sob story from LVP (unless producers wickedly include old clips of her act).

If current eps are any indication, we’ll still see deflection (from Kyle and Rinna) and poor-me sob stories (from Kyle, Teddi, and of course Dorit)... so lucky us, we’ll still have our fill of obnoxious behavior! Can’t wait!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

If current eps are any indication, we’ll still see deflection (from Kyle and Rinna) and poor-me sob stories (from Kyle, Teddi, and of course Dorit)... so lucky us, we’ll still have our fill of obnoxious behavior! Can’t wait!

There will definitely be drama (it’s a TV show) - but the ones you listed are pretty good at recognizing their mistakes and taking responsibility. They’ll hash out misunderstandings, Rinna will happily stir the shit - and Camille’s whiny voice will sound like fingernails on a blackboard!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Rinna will happily stir the shit

This is most annoying, just watching that smug smirk on Rinna's face. 

Her "Well something was said about you but I won't tell you what, you'll have to ask her yourself" was another example of manipulation. Rinna won't own that, she will spin it her own way.

It was rather amusing to see that Dorit confronting Camille with this tattle tale from Rinna did not result in the desired outcome. Camille is learning to beat them at their little game by owning her own shit, and then shining the spotlight back onto someone else.

Rinna is telling Camille that the money owed to her friend should not be discussed at the dinner table, but it's ok to shout "Were people doing Coke in your bathroom?"

• Love 22
24 minutes ago, nexxie said:

the ones you listed are pretty good at recognizing their mistakes and taking responsibility.

At the reunion, Dorit will never take responsibility for the way she took the puppy to a shelter, rather than back to where she was supposed to take her. There is not a chance that she re-homed that poor thing.

She did a very bad thing, hid it and now the wrong person is being punished for it.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, nexxie said:

There will definitely be drama (it’s a TV show) - but the ones you listed are pretty good at recognizing their mistakes and taking responsibility. They’ll hash out misunderstandings, Rinna will happily stir the shit - and Camille’s whiny voice will sound like fingernails on a blackboard!

I respectfully disagree. Remember season 1? The misunderstanding between Kyle and Camille lasted ALL season. Rinna doesn't let anything die; She's STILL talking about that stupid stuffed rabbit, not to mention her selective amnesia (Kim was thisclose to death). Teddi has a history of believing her opinion is The Truth, and if you disagree, you need to "Just be honest"; or, in other words, change your mind.

LVP not being on the show anymore is not going reveal the happy-go-lucky, fun ladies of BH that have been suppressed under a pink cloud of heaviness and fear of manipulations. It's going to be the same, without the ponies by the pool, and attack swans to distract us from the ugliness. jmo.

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

This is most annoying, just watching that smug smirk on Rinna's face. 

Her "Well something was said about you but I won't tell you what, you'll have to ask her yourself" was another example of manipulation. Rinna won't own that, she will spin it her own way.

It was rather amusing to see that Dorit confronting Camille with this tattle tale from Rinna did not result in the desired outcome. Camille is learning to beat them at their little game by owning her own shit, and then shining the spotlight back onto someone else.

Rinna is telling Camille that the money owed to her friend should not be discussed at the dinner table, but it's ok to shout "Were people doing Coke in your bathroom?"

Rinna is a shit-stirrer for sure - I’m interested in what motivates her. Is her intention to create show drama? (Plotline) Is it to gain an advantage with Bravo? (Money) Is it to make people dance to her liking? (Manipulation for sick purposes)

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

At the reunion, Dorit will never take responsibility for the way she took the puppy to a shelter, rather than back to where she was supposed to take her. There is not a chance that she re-homed that poor thing.

She did a very bad thing, hid it and now the wrong person is being punished for it.

What proof do you have that Dorit took the puppy to a shelter? LVP admitted that Dorit called her the day after giving the dog to a woman who wanted her. Perhaps LVP decided to assassinate Dorit’s character on the show instead of asking her to return the dog - sick.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, nexxie said:

What proof do you have that Dorit took the puppy to a shelter? LVP admitted that Dorit called her the day after giving the dog to a woman who wanted her. Perhaps LVP decided to assassinate Dorit’s character on the show instead of asking her to return the dog - sick.

Dorit never gave Lisa the name of the person she supposedly gave the dog to so that VPD could check on the dog.  If she actually had given the dog to someone, Dorit should have also been able to give Lisa the name and number of that person when asked the next day.  You know, if that person existed and was so wonderful, why wouldn't Dorit give Lisa that name?  She couldn't because that wonderful woman with the lovely home didn't exist.  And shortly after that, the puppy was found in the shelter.

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I respectfully disagree. Remember season 1? The misunderstanding between Kyle and Camille lasted ALL season. Rinna doesn't let anything die; She's STILL talking about that stupid stuffed rabbit, not to mention her selective amnesia (Kim was thisclose to death). Teddi has a history of believing her opinion is The Truth, and if you disagree, you need to "Just be honest"; or, in other words, change your mind.

LVP not being on the show anymore is not going reveal the happy-go-lucky, fun ladies of BH that have been suppressed under a pink cloud of heaviness and fear of manipulations. It's going to be the same, without the ponies by the pool, and attack swans to distract us from the ugliness. jmo.

Kyle has come a long way since season one, thank goodness - she is much less reactive and has more self-respect. Camille and her creepy dinner guest were pretty horrible back then - not sure who she is at this point; we’ll see. 

I don’t see bad intentions or cruelty in Denise, Teddi or Erika - which doesn’t mean they always communicate or behave well.

imo Rinna is a wild card - not sure how much empathy she has, or whether her intentions are always friendly.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, izabella said:

Dorit never gave Lisa the name of the person she supposedly gave the dog to so that VPD could check on the dog.  If she actually had given the dog to someone, Dorit should have also been able to give Lisa the name and number of that person when asked the next day.  You know, if that person existed and was so wonderful, why wouldn't Dorit give Lisa that name?  She couldn't because that wonderful woman with the lovely home didn't exist.  And shortly after that, the puppy was found in the shelter.

This is exactly right. To this very day Dorit can not tell us who she gave the puppy to and that’s that. To think that Lisa is at fault here and needs to be strung up is just Vanderpump Derangement Syndrome to the ultimate degree.

LVP has left the building. Wallow in your Doritoness and Teddiness to your hearts content. 

Edited by langford peel
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
29 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I have yet to read any proof Dorit took the puppy to a shelter herself either. LVP says she believes she didn’t do it. I’m not sure if that’s because she knows who Lucy was given to or not. It’s possible the identity of the woman she gave the puppy to hasn’t been revealed to the public in order to protect her. I’d have done the same thing. I’m an animal loving vegetarian, but I know how crazy some of my fellow animal lovers can be. I wouldn’t want this woman receiving death threats even if she messed up. Maybe the reunion will give us more information? As much as puppy-gate dragged on, I think we all believe what we want regarding who took Lucy to the shelter as there is no proof either way. 

5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Kyle has come a long way since season one, thank goodness - she is much less reactive and has more self-respect. Camille and her creepy dinner guest were pretty horrible back then - not sure who she is at this point; we’ll see. 

I don’t see bad intentions or cruelty in Denise, Teddi or Erika - which doesn’t mean they always communicate or behave well.

imo Rinna is a wild card - not sure how much empathy she has, or whether her intentions are always friendly.

Yes Kyle has! I’m generally a Kyle fan and take up for her a lot, but I didn’t love a lot of her season 1 and 2 behavior. She was one of my least favorites. She grew on me season 3, and I’ve enjoyed her for the most part ever since.

ITA about Denise, Teddi, and Erika. They don’t seem out to get anybody. I too find Rinna to be harder to read. She can be quite likable and funny, but she gets too aggressive for my taste at times. 

• Love 3

Andy will likely ask those present at the reunion to explain their parts regarding “puppygate” and the women will talk about their actions and intentions. (Only one person is unable to explain herself.)

Still, I wish Andy wouldn’t go back to this issue - there was enough going on in the other episodes to talk about.

• Love 2

Teddi is definitely out to get LVP. Of course she was manipulated into that by Rinna who spun a scenario where Teddi wasn’t at fault as it was all due to LVP’s manipulation. Instead of being reasonable and saying yes Lisa could have leaked the story but there were others who could as well Teddi put it all on bringing down LVP. This manipulation led to Lisa deciding that life is too short and dumping this gang of losers.

The one good thing to come out of this is that Teddi will be fired.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, izabella said:

And, yet, LVP acted like she was okay with it. Perhaps she really did decide to punish Dorit on air - which wouldn’t surprise anyone who sees her as a “sniper from the side.”

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I have yet to read any proof Dorit took the puppy to a shelter herself either. LVP says she believes she didn’t do it. I’m not sure if that’s because she knows who Lucy was given to or not. It’s possible the identity of the woman she gave the puppy to hasn’t been revealed to the public in order to protect her.

Dorit may not have personally taken the dog to the shelter, but if she had given the dog to a wonderful woman with a lovely home and if she really had given that name to LVP, Dorito would have screamed that at the top of her lungs to anyone who would listen.  "I told Lisa who I gave the dog to!!!"  We would have heard about that even if the name itself was not revealed.

• Love 20

Lisa decided to take Dorito at her word. Other people independently did not. They are sentient human beings who have their own opinions and motives. They conspired with Teddi who never actually spoke to LVP about this directly. She only spoke to her to get her loser brother a job. Basically she is James Kennedy with a more manly walk.

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, nexxie said:

And, yet, LVP acted like she was okay with it. Perhaps she really did decide to punish Dorit on air - which wouldn’t surprise anyone who sees her as a “sniper from the side.”

LVP said, herself (or presented herself as believing, depending on your point of view),that the important thing was that the dog is safe. I honestly don't think she wanted to deal with the drama that John (Blizzard?) was trying to make it into. I think she was still too emotionally drained. And it didn't really become an issue until Kyle told Rinna.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, langford peel said:

Teddi is definitely out to get LVP. Of course she was manipulated into that by Rinna who spun a scenario where Teddi wasn’t at fault as it was all due to LVP’s manipulation. Instead of being reasonable and saying yes Lisa could have leaked the story but there were others who could as well Teddi put it all on bringing down LVP. This manipulation led to Lisa deciding that life is too short and dumping this gang of losers.

The one good thing to come out of this is that Teddi will be fired.

I think Teddi smelled a setup and acted accordingly. I don’t think she wanted to humiliate Lisa or get her off the show. That’s not to say I agree with her behavior. I agree all of them should have given Lisa the benefit of the doubt. Just as I would have with Dorit and the dog. 

2 hours ago, izabella said:

Dorit may not have personally taken the dog to the shelter, but if she had given the dog to a wonderful woman with a lovely home and if she really had given that name to LVP, Dorito would have screamed that at the top of her lungs to anyone who would listen.  "I told Lisa who I gave the dog to!!!"  We would have heard about that even if the name itself was not revealed.

I have wondered that myself despite giving her the benefit of the doubt. I wonder if she’ll address it at the reunion.

2 hours ago, langford peel said:

Lisa decided to take Dorito at her word. Other people independently did not. They are sentient human beings who have their own opinions and motives. They conspired with Teddi who never actually spoke to LVP about this directly. She only spoke to her to get her loser brother a job. Basically she is James Kennedy with a more manly walk.

You know sometimes I agree with your posts, sometimes I don’t. But you are by far one of the funniest posters here. 😂 

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I just want to know if Dorit feels safe going to bars now. Has enough time passed that she can go into a drinking establishment and not worry about her life being in danger.

4 hours ago, nexxie said:

I just saw a preview for the reunion. 

Teddi goes on about what an honest person she is and doesn't lie.  And then Satan Andy says, "But you did lie".  And then Teddi responds with silence and an eye roll!

And Denise! Denise of all people!  Thinks Camille is on something!

Left side of couch (viewer POV) Rinna (1st time next to Andy?), Ericka, a pillow (LVP'S spot) and Camille later. 

Right side of couch is Kyle, Teddi or Dorit (forgot ) Denise on the end.

OH AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT!

Kyle kind of threatens Rinna ala Kim in Amsterdam. 

There are things you don't say on camera.  I know things about you that you don't want on camera.*

*That's paraphrased.

Edited by dosodog
Kyle
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I just want to know if Dorit feels safe going to bars now. Has enough time passed that she can go into a drinking establishment and not worry about her life being in danger.

I just saw a preview for the reunion. 

Teddi goes on about what an honest person she is and doesn't lie.  And then Satan Andy says, "But you did lie".  And then Teddi responds with silence and an eye roll!

And Denise! Denise of all people!  Thinks Camille is on something!

Left side of couch (viewer POV) Rinna (1st time next to Andy?), Ericka, a pillow (LVP'S spot) and Camille later. 

Right side of couch is Kyle, Teddi or Dorit (forgot ) Denise on the end.

OH AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT!

Kyle kind of threatens Rinna ala Kim in Amsterdam. 

There are things you don't say on camera.  I know things about you that you don't want on camera.*

*That's paraphrased.

Wow - lots going on in the preview!

https://www.eonline.com/news/1055404/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-reunion-trailer-tackles-puppygate-lisa-vanderpump-and-so-many-tears

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I just want to know if she feels safe going to pools yet, or if she wonders if there are creditors waiting to chase her around again, some more.

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Thank you!  I went back to get the link and it wasn't on my Google page anymore. 

The last section on the article is the Kyle/Rinna exchange:

"You have to shut the f—k up," Lisa Rinna says.

Kyle said this part.  

"We've all said things privately about each other. I would never out you! If I did right now, it would be a very bad situation."

Let's talk about the husbands!

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
(edited)
23 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Kyle said this part.  

"We've all said things privately about each other. I would never out you! If I did right now, it would be a very bad situation."

Where, oh where is Erika to tell us again how "safe" she feels around this bunch now that the dark cloud of LVP has been lifted?

Edited by izabella
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm curious as to how Kyle knows so much about LVP and the lie detector test.

She had to be fed that by Satan Andy and production. 

I have to admit I am loving how dismissive Camille is to Teddi. In the clip for tonight’s episode she tells her “You are not worth my time.”

Truer words were never spoken.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 13
58 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Thank you!  I went back to get the link and it wasn't on my Google page anymore. 

Kyle said this part.  

Let's talk about the husbands!

47 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Veiled threats.  Kyle is such a bitch.

YAS!!!  Let's talk about the husbands!

I sure wouldn’t mind talking about the husbands!

(The LA Times article on Rinna (her thread) mentions that her contract is up - no wonder she’s been so happy to stir the shit.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Rinna admits to playing a character on the show

This sums it up pretty well:

"I've never been more famous than I am at this point, because of the show," she said. "I just wanted to be a star. [My husband] Harry's much more like, 'I'm an actor. It's about the craft.'...I didn't care whether I was a great actor. I just wanted to be famous and was going to do whatever I had to to get there."

"Clearly a housewife favorite" from the author of the article........

confused suzanne somers GIF

• LOL 6
38 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

"I've never been more famous than I am at this point, because of the show," she said. "I just wanted to be a star. [My husband] Harry's much more like, 'I'm an actor. It's about the craft.'...I didn't care whether I was a great actor. I just wanted to be famous and was going to do whatever I had to to get there."

Thanks for bringing this forward.

But...this is why I’ve never warmed up to this woman, I never felt she was genuine in any way, shape or form.  I would much rather see the “real” Lisa Rinna then the soap opera version of her that Rinna has crafted.  

She really gets a kick out of herself, doesn’t she?!  The worst display is her, it’s all about me, like at Andy’s baby shower.  No, I don’t care about your high kicks Rinna, save it for Harry, pretty please!

We also know, that Andy declined to put her on the show, season 1, because in the beginning he wanted the focus to be an insiders look on the real housewives, not actors.  While some of the ladies had acted, it was not the core/center of their lives/worlds.  Then Andy changed his mind and welcomed Rinna, Eileen and Denise, who are all well known as actors.  Why the change in strategy?  I feel like Brandi brought the show down and Rinna made it campy and ruined the formula.

I miss the magic that was season one RHOBH! 🙁

• Love 16

She kind of broke the 4th wall there.

I mean....we're supposed to believe we are seeing the "real" lives of the Ho wives and now Lesser Lisa just proclaimed she's acting.

acting jon lovitz GIF

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

She kind of broke the 4th wall there.

I mean....we're supposed to believe we are seeing the "real" lives of the Ho wives and now Lesser Lisa just proclaimed she's acting.

acting jon lovitz GIF

A+++ gif usage.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Attention, attention, attention -- even if it's bad attention.  Sad. She may think she is famous, but I now dislike her since seeing her on this show.  Wonder how that's working for her?

• Love 17
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I love her honesty. Lol I think this is true for any of the ones who failed at acting and don’t need a paycheck-they want stardom. Honestly, she’s pretty humble about her fame. A lot of people know Lisa Rinna. She’s probably the most famous person who has ever been in the cast after Denise Richards. If you ask someone who’s not a Bravo viewer about Dorit, Erika, or even Lisa Vanderpump, they’d probably have no idea who you’re talking about. I remember Vanderpump seemed to look down upon Rinna’s and Eileen’s soap careers and twitter followings, but truth be told they’re both much bigger stars outside of Bravo than any of them with the exception of Denise Richards.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Rinna is a shit-stirrer for sure - I’m interested in what motivates her. Is her intention to create show drama? (Plotline) Is it to gain an advantage with Bravo? (Money) Is it to make people dance to her liking? (Manipulation for sick purposes)

She has admitted that she just wanted to be famous. Her claim to fame is manipulation and anything for attention. 

What a legacy to leave. Well, that and the diapers.

10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Yeah, I’ve never seen Rinna, Kyle, or Dorit authentically own much of anything.

It has been proven that Dorit just rents.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

There is no proof that Dorit took the puppy to the shelter. It's my belief, based on what I have observed from listening to Dorit's story. 

There is also no proof that LVP went to ROL with the story. People are just basing their opinions on the evidence as they perceive it. 

This is why there will never be any resolution to this situation in the minds of the RHOBH audience.

Same as the Bethenny/Carole sitch on NY. Sometimes we just need to agree to disagree and wait for next season's battle.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm curious as to how Kyle knows so much about LVP and the lie detector test.

Someone leaked the information to Kyle (jk).  But, it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Wow!  What a load of crap!  So, all this time, we've been seeing "Rinna" and not "Lisa"?  All of sudden, she's playing a role?  Interesting how this all coincides with Rinna getting all friendly and ass-kissy to Erica/Erika Jayne, who also claims to play a role or alter-ego or some such bullshit.   Interesting, because I guess that's the same role Rinna plays on every talk show she's been on since starting with RHOBH - we see the same exact type of asshole-ish behavior.

I also hope that since Rinna's admitted that what we are seeing is not really who she is, she will be fired, because it's supposed to be the real person - not some role/character that she created for the show.

Let her get fired and let's see how popular she will be in two years.  

• Love 11

I think if you're going to do a show like this, approaching it as job where you're playing a character is probably the healthiest approach. Otherwise, the toxicity of it all would just wear you down.

Last season was my first RHofBH season but I'd seen Rinna acting in other things.  When I saw her talking heads, I got the sense she was pretty aware of the "show" of it all and I thought her talking heads were pretty funny.  This season, she's clearly playing the one who stirs the pot.  

She's probably being a bit too blunt for Bravo about the unreality of "reality" TV but characters like her, Denise and even Erika are probably the only way I survive as a viewer.  I kind of feel that, after filming, at least there are some "characters" who are totally gonna be fine and shake what happens off their backs vs. others who might take their work home. That would be a rough thing to put yourself through annually. Who knows? Maybe the others let it roll as well but I feel it more with the others.  It's probably no coincidence that, other than Denise, their actual home life is showed rarely to never on this show. 

• Love 4
On 7/9/2019 at 1:31 AM, langford peel said:

People can quit their job when they are the subject of harassment and orchestrated gang attacks that attempt to force you to leave. Yes if you quit and don’t expect to be paid you are totally within your rights. 

If you want to see what is like to be the subject of a gang attack watch Camille in the next episode and on the reunion. Camille is a tough cookie and not afraid to spill the beans and let out some home truths. She has the fight in her to deal with the orchestrated attacks of these vile women. Lisa has said that she is hurting and never should have been on this season. She couldn’t summon the fire to continue to defend herself against the grifting puppy dumper and her adherents. So she opted out and didn’t worry about her salary for her own well being.

That’s not cowardice. That’s self preservation. 

It’s a reality tv show. LVP knew what she signed up for and what the risks were. Quitting halfway through did her absolutely no favours. In my opinion, it was a bad decision. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Oh, so she didn’t really “just love” everything and everyone?

I hope LisaR uses her earnings to buy a new and clean house. A house with rooms that aren’t weirdly narrow and long. 

• LOL 5
17 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

It's pretty easy to see Lisa Rinna as putting on a character given the relative ease she had not being a total shit stirrer the previous season. She can ramp up or down her persona to her own liking. 

..talk about someone whose every move is calculated like a game of chess...

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

..talk about someone whose every move is calculated like a game of chess...

Exactly and she doesn't just do it herself, she brings her own daughters into it too. Shady and morally corrupt.

• Love 8