Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

I was looking at pictures that Kyle and Rinns posted of their reunion looks and .. Is it just me or are Rinna and Kyle wearing almost exactly the same dress to the reunion?  A neon yellow dress with shoulder pads, with the biggest difference being the neckline. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, Door County Cherry said:

The linchpin in this series isn't one individual; it's basically the franchise.   Not all of its spinoffs are successful but quite a few are and it seems like there's always a RH of Somewhere to watch year round. (I'm only talking about RHofBH as I know nothing about VPR and feel that discussion of how much it needs her or Bravo needs it belongs in that forum/thread.)

LVP has barely been in this season and ratings have been steady.  If Bravo was testing the waters about how much the show needs her, I'm guessing they haven't been convinced that they do.

I've been posting the episode threads on BH for 2 years now. I just did a quick check and the are more pages per thread this year than last year. LVP being absent for most of the season, so her not being on hasn't negatively affected the number of people still watching.

RHOBH is owned by Bravo, even if LVP leaves they can continue to air old footage of her for years to come. The ensemble can also continue to talk about her for years to come.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I've been posting the episode threads on BH for 2 years now. I just did a quick check and the are more pages per thread this year than last year. LVP being absent for most of the season, so her not being on hasn't negatively affected the number of people still watching.

RHOBH is owned by Bravo, even if LVP leaves they can continue to air old footage of her for years to come. The ensemble can also continue to talk about her for years to come.

Basically this whole season has been about LVP.  First the conflict and fights and then the gossip and reactions. They will not bring her back in flashbacks except in the most limited way. They didn’t do that with Bethenny. They will try to have a new show with new conflicts.

I wonder who will be the next victim of the bullies.

Edited by langford peel
I blame Lisa Vanderpump. I know that she is responsible for the latest outbreak of Ebola.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

LVP being absent for most of the season, so her not being on hasn't negatively affected the number of people still watching.

I'm barely hanging on with this show!  I now FF about 3/4's of it.  I wanted to finish the season, but I doubt that I'll watch the reunion, as I'm sure it will be a pile-on of LVP.  Whether she's as heinous as they claim or not, I don't care to see it.  They've bitched about her so much that it's really turned me off.   I find them all difficult to watch.  I will see what improvements (if any) they make for next season, but if it's going to be this same group sans LVP, I'm out.   They've pretty much ruined it for me. 

I don't watch LVP's other shows, so I only judge her by what I've seen on this show.  I still like her, warts and all!  I understand why others don't though.  As the saying goes, to each his own. I think they need to start over with this show and get some fresh storylines.  It's been a big yawn this season.  

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I wonder who will be the next victim of the bullies.

This is my issue with the show, and sadly most of them.

Bullies, (watching them, being around them, being the target of them, listening to them, seeing them run the hoa/city/state/country) are not enjoyable to me. It is not relaxing or entertaining. Too much of this in real life.

Plus, this all seems contrived. I guess the old days of episodes being somewhat organic are long gone. I remember the first episode of RHOC when the wife of a friend of my husband's pops up. That was both a surprise and interesting ( . . . ok, and weird ). Now episodes are just loud and negative.

Have to give it to Rinna, the last supper/barbecue was the most "real" I've seen from any of them, especially her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/6/2019 at 6:39 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Subtract Lisa, and basically they move the cast to some other restaurant in West Hollywood. Sure, they'd have to rename it. But they have this formula down - group of 20 and 30 somethings working together in a dramatic setting, causing drama - and LVP isn't that essential to it.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:15 AM, twilightzone said:

LVP is way over rated.  She did not "quit" HW as she claims.  She was pushed out.   BRAVO has refused to air any of her segments for the rest of the season.

BRAVO doesn't need her for VPR.  They can easily take the main cast, change the name, setting of the show and rebrand it.  It's well known that most of cast don't even work at Sur, aside for filming of the show.

The story of LVP threatening to move VPR to another network - I would believe LVP put that out into the universe not Bravo.

LVP put all of her businesses in jeopardy.

Bravo can rename the show. Bravo could even lease a space and open a bar/restaurant with the 2 Toms since they don't seem to have a real contract with TomTom. Possible names: ChuckleFuck Zoo, It's About The Pasta.

They can show the majority of them going away on weekends to make club appearances which is a real revenue stream for them - especially the guys as a group. I know a promoter in AC and he told me that D-lebrities make $5K - $15K for a 1 hour appearance and it includes hotel stay, travel expense, and money for food.

Once the bar opens, have different liquor companies sponsor events and create signature drinks using their alcohol. The biggest draw for SUR/TomTom are the chucklefucks in attendance. Move them to a new location and Bravo will rake it in.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well I've lost interest.  I tried to watch the last two episodes and I turned it off.  It's just too mean and mundane.  Kyle is so unlikable now.  It's pretty clear there never was any more than a symbiotic relationship with LVP.  They can't stand one another.  I'm not excited about the reunion either.  What's there to see?  I just don't care.

Put the show in the trash bin with Atlanta, New Jersey and Potomac.  Stick Cohen in there too.  He's a pig.

Edited by tranquilidade
  • Love 9
On 6/5/2019 at 9:06 AM, Jel said:

At first I didn't want her to go, but now that I see she's moving away from sadness and more to anger, a part of me wants her to go and burn the place down, MENTION IT ALL - style.  Spare the fancy talk and just go to town, calmly, directly, starting with the part where she said, re Dorit,  "I could have thrown her under the bus". BRING THE BUS AROUND!  

There's a seat for you, too, Kyle, starting with outing your own sister as an alcoholic on tv just to win an argument.  And Teddi, who Lisa has only ever been kind to, taking up for Kyle Richards when, conveniently, Teddi's husband had some business to get.  Tell Erika that in city after city, more people come to stand in line for hours to meet Lisa than even the biggest venue Erika performed at. "The tour is sold out!" is the new "We got the yacht!"  Remind Rinna that her reality show about her life was not interesting enough for even nine episodes. Andy unlike Rinna's husband. Lisa's actually wants to spend time with her. Tell Andy Cohen that you noticed that the second you stopped appearing on the show, suddenly the desperate HWs were live tweeting episodes, and that you had to bring back Kim and Brandi in an attempt to keep people watching.

But that's just a part of me, and while I would find it to be justice, it's probably better if she stays on the high road. 

Dracaris!!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Dracaris!!!!

I mean, comparing LVP to the person who willfully burned thousands innocent people to death because they wouldn't bend to her will and ego isn't the best comparison if you're an LVP fan.  But if you aren't, maybe it's an apt comparison. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Dracaris!!!!

Hmm is that that Game of Thrones again? I need to watch it if not just for all the pop culture references I'm missing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

The story of LVP threatening to move VPR to another network - I would believe LVP put that out into the universe not Bravo.

LVP put all of her businesses in jeopardy.

Bravo can rename the show. Bravo could even lease a space and open a bar/restaurant with the 2 Toms since they don't seem to have a real contract with TomTom. Possible names: ChuckleFuck Zoo, It's About The Pasta.

They can show the majority of them going away on weekends to make club appearances which is a real revenue stream for them - especially the guys as a group. I know a promoter in AC and he told me that D-lebrities make $5K - $15K for a 1 hour appearance and it includes hotel stay, travel expense, and money for food.

Once the bar opens, have different liquor companies sponsor events and create signature drinks using their alcohol. The biggest draw for SUR/TomTom are the chucklefucks in attendance. Move them to a new location and Bravo will rake it in.

I probably still wouldn't watch. vpr and the chucklefucks never interested me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Or they can ignore her all together.  Which is what they should do.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I probably still wouldn't watch. vpr and the chucklefucks never interested me.

I would watch, the chucklefucks don't need Vanderpump. Put Kyle and Mauricio as the restaurant owners of the new venue - she'd crap herself

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I mean, comparing LVP to the person who willfully burned thousands innocent people to death because they wouldn't bend to her will and ego isn't the best comparison if you're an LVP fan.  But if you aren't, maybe it's an apt comparison. 

As it happens, I am an LVP fan, altho I would regard 'bending the knee' to any tv personality as a bit much. I've just seen far too much bad behavior and much too much joyous pig-pilling on a woman who was deeply affected by grief to consider the actions of the rest of the cast to be in any way, shape or form good behavior and/or entertaining. I abandoned ALT and NJ because of the egregious behavior of just one person in each show, this season of BH has gone beyond the pale. To me 'fan' doesn't mean I worship the ground her swans shit on - I just like her and have seen much less objectionable behavior on her part as compared to her castmates. If everyone liked the same person to the same extent, it would make for rather boring viewing. (And, had I been in the Danearys' shoes, I would have never believed that Cersei's surrender was real - not with her failure to provide the promised army to fight the Night King, all that wild fire still below the city and who knows how many troops and 'scorpions' possibly hidden in the tunnels below the city having been in the works just to pop out at the opportune moment...but that is another story)

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I would watch, the chucklefucks don't need Vanderpump. Put Kyle and Mauricio as the restaurant owners of the new venue - she'd crap herself

Good idea! Kyle’s new house is in Encino, and the chucklefucks have bought various homes in the valley - a new restaurant for younger people in a new neighborhood. (And my title still works: Adulting in the Valley)

I’d watch!

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Good idea! Kyle’s new house is in Encino, and the chucklefucks have bought various homes in the valley - a new restaurant for younger people in a new neighborhood. (And my title still works: Adulting in the Valley)

I’d watch!

I want the new restaurant/bar to be called It's About The Pasta

• LOL 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Or they can ignore her all together.  Which is what they should do.

They can not ignore because there is nothing going on in their sad miserable lives that warrants reality.

In point of fact three years of this show were devoted to attacking Lisa Vanderpump because of her so called manipulation while the actual point of contention was as happened this season was conveniently glossed over. In prior years she let it slide but in her grief she realized life is too short. The constant abuse lead by the snake Kyle was over the top.

It is amazing how these worthless bitches had not a drop of sympathy for Lisa whose only brother had committed suicide so recently. “I HAVE PROBLEMS TOO LISA!”

I guess surgically enhanced breasts do not have a drop of human kindness.   

Edited by langford peel
I blame Lisa Vanderpump because I have a severe case of Vanderpump Derangement Syndrome!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
28 minutes ago, langford peel said:

They can not ignore because there is nothing going on in their sad miserable lives that warrants reality.

In point of fact three years of this show was devoted to attacking Lisa Vanderpump because of her so called manipulation while the actual point of contention was as glossed over. I prior years she let it slide but in her grief she realized life is too short.

More like she tried to use grief as an excuse for years of heartless manipulation (despite her lecture to an employee that grief was not an excuse), but it didn’t work and she realized that she was suddenly holding her ass on a big pink platter.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10
On 6/5/2019 at 10:38 AM, langford peel said:

The ever dwindling audience of RHOB can look forward to the delights of phony photo shoots, the delightful Rinna daughters and clipping toenais.

The ratings for RHoBH are actually quite strong this season, it's killing RHoNY.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:08 PM, langford peel said:

We didn’t necessarily believe it. But it was an interesting shot across the bow. Lisa wants them to know she has options. She can take her brand to the E channel for instance. She can start a new show about Vanderpump Vegas. Cherrypick the cast from Rules. Some of their contracts are from year to year. Take someone like Flat Iron Tom and make him a manager. Bring a whole new crop of young knuckleheads for drama. To seal the deal get someone like Seacrest to produce.

It is very doable. Bravo has to rethink how they treat the Queen.

I don't think Lisa's options are all that strong. Lisa actually tried to branch away from Housewives/Bravo after Season 4 - the first time she got called out for her machinations. She attempted to get into scripted television (I know because she met with my TV producer friends to try to develop something). Suffice to say, nothing got even remotely close to off the ground with the many producers that she met. The industry just wasn't that interested. If she had had options back then, she would have left. LVP is really only a "Queen" in the world of Bravo. I'm not saying she couldn't get some kind of other deal for reality TV on some other network at some point, but it's far from a sure thing and there is no guarantee it would be anything close to the success she has found on Bravo. It doesn't matter if you're LVP, Nene, Bethenny (remember her doomed talk show?) or whomever - so much of these women's success does rely on the ensemble chemistry and the Bravo universe.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, nexxie said:

More like she tried to use grief as an excuse for years of heartless manipulation (despite her lecture to an employee that grief was not an excuse), but it didn’t work and she realized that she was suddenly holding her ass on a big pink platter.

Exactly.

• Love 3

It's just a rumor at this point. Actually I saw a tweet to Andy asking if there'd be a one on one with Lisa and he said (paraphrasing), he said no, the reunion was the time.

So who knows.

I kind of changed my mind toward the end; at first I didn't want her to go and then more recently I did, and now I wish she had. She's not a direct confrontational type though,  so I get why she didn't feel up to it.  

I don't know how I feel about a one on one with Andy. 

• Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, Jel said:

It's just a rumor at this point. Actually I saw a tweet to Andy asking if there'd be a one on one with Lisa and he said (paraphrasing), he said no, the reunion was the time.

So who knows.

I kind of changed my mind toward the end; at first I didn't want her to go and then more recently I did, and now I wish she had. She's not a direct confrontational type though,  so I get why she didn't feel up to it.  

I don't know how I feel about a one on one with Andy. 

She is only comfortable making jabs to catch people off guard, make them look bad, or dish out a punishment. She can dish it out but can't take it when the blow back comes her way.

Case in point was when she tried to make Erica look bad for sending a hand written condolence card. Erica defended herself and LVP cowered behind her grieving to excuse and deflect from her bad behavior. She did the same thing to Kyle at VDP. 

I won't miss her, her husband or her stupid follically challenged dog.

Edited by Giselle
Headed to a funeral. Changed jibes to jabs
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

She is only comfortable making jibes to catch people off guard, make them look bad, or dish out a punishment. She can dish it out but can't take it when the blow back comes her way.

Case in point was when she tried to make Erica look bad for sending a hand written condolence card. Erica defended herself and LVP cowered behind her grieving to excuse and deflect from her bad behavior. She did the same thing to Kyle at VDP. 

I won't miss her, her husband or her stupid follically challenged dog.

Oh. My. God. Get TF OVER yourself LV. To be fair to fans. Like, oh YES, I'll surely perish if I don't see her ol' puss on my tv at least ONE more time. I am cheering as she walks out the door.

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It was my impression from all I have read and seen on twitter that she did a small video segment with Andy alone that will be shown on the reunion. 

The final poor-me session?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

Oof, you said this perfectly. I marvel at the fever pitch of shamelessness she allows herself to go to.  

giphy.gif

• Love 4

Wait!  What?

I just posted in the "will you watch thread" and was namby pamby about it.

But a season?  With Kyle's older sister?  Who knows what buttons to push?

Hmmmmmm.

No wait. She spawned Paris.  Nope.

Although......

bill hader im done GIF by Saturday Night Live

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Don't think this happened. Where did this lie originate?Another BS rumour that has been quashed. 

Beats me - just read about it upthread. I hope she wasn’t given a one-on-one opportunity to peddle more poor-me bullshit.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Beats me - just read about it upthread. I hope she wasn’t given a one-on-one opportunity to peddle more poor-me bullshit.

Apparently she wasn't. But people are still complaining that she was. Funny.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Apparently she wasn't. But people are still complaining that she was. Funny.

I’m not sure there’s a way to know at this point, so...

• Love 4

On Twitter, someone asked Camille if she went out to dinner with the other ladies. This was in response to her original tweet that she “showed up in good faith for RHOBH reunion but I shouldn’t have gone. Hindsight is 20/20.”   She tweeted “No.” (no I didn’t go)

Another cited TMZ article reporting “you did and you all had fun.” She said she did not see that.  I read the TMZ article and I don’t recall them specifically mentioning Camille was at the dinner.  There were photos and the ladies I saw were Kyle, Teddi, Dorit, Rinna & Denise.  Camille and Erika were not seen in those photos.

Hmmm...Kyle tweeting it was a long day and they finished taping late.  So exhausting that they decided to go out to dinner after?  If I am exhausted I would be going straight home to the couch or bed.

Wonder if Andy asked them at the reunion why they were spotted also having dinner the day Kyle went to Villa Rosa to confront LVP?

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Wonder if Andy asked them at the reunion why they were spotted also having dinner the day Kyle went to Villa Rosa to confront LVP?

That was the first red flag that they were up to no good. That was a smack directly to the face of LVP. Sneaky bitches.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
16 hours ago, Giselle said:

No! I don't want to watch Beverly Hills Bums!

Can't we do better than The Clampetts? Surely there's a pool of thirsty, gen x/boomer drama queens with pretty houses in the BH that can be tapped into (literally and figuratively)?! Why are we going for sloppy (SLOPPY) seconds??

Edited by MavisL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4