Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

On 6/28/2019 at 10:22 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I understand the distinction in Andy's mind. Brandi wasn't a cast member on Season 6, and yet the other women talked about her, which means she didn't have a chance to defend herself or clap back. Ergo, the powers that be gave Brandi an opportunity on the reunion to speak to what was said about her. LVP, on the other hand, was a cast member this season and had the opportunity to participate in the reunion. LVP turned down that opportunity. To then get rewarded with a special 1-on-1 rebuttal episode is giving her favored treatment that feels beyond the pale, IMO.

You’re right, and I’m someone who is a Lisa fan and not a Brandi fan.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/28/2019 at 11:22 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I understand the distinction in Andy's mind. Brandi wasn't a cast member on Season 6, and yet the other women talked about her, which means she didn't have a chance to defend herself or clap back. Ergo, the powers that be gave Brandi an opportunity on the reunion to speak to what was said about her. LVP, on the other hand, was a cast member this season and had the opportunity to participate in the reunion. LVP turned down that opportunity. To then get rewarded with a special 1-on-1 rebuttal episode is giving her favored treatment that feels beyond the pale, IMO.

They only mentioned her when they were directly asked about her. I remember Erika asking Kyle and LVP about Brandi and when they RELUCTANTLY answered her, they cut to Erika's talking head saying that she didn't understand why they were talking about someone who wasn't there. It was Erika's first season, and that was the moment I knew that she couldn't be trusted. The fact that she's always been boring is just the icing on the cake when it comes to my dislike of her. 

If Erika and Yolanda hadn't brought Brandi up as a topic of conversation, there would have been no mention of her at all. As it was, there was barely any mention of her because the other women really didn't want to discuss her at all. It was obvious. As for the 1 on 1, I wouldn't expect LVP todo one. I think she was just well and truly done. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

You’re right, and I’m someone who is a Lisa fan and not a Brandi fan.

Didn't Brooks Ayers (Vicki Gunvalson's ex on RHOC) get a one on one with Andy after the CancerGate $hitfest? I'm pretty certain he did. But I wasn't paying much attention at that time since I got bored with the whole storyline. Just like PuppyGate.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Didn't Brooks Ayers (Vicki Gunvalson's ex on RHOC) get a one on one with Andy after the CancerGate $hitfest? I'm pretty certain he did. But I wasn't paying much attention at that time since I got bored with the whole storyline. Just like PuppyGate.

Not sure, I haven’t watch RHOC.

Mathilda is right that the Brandi talk is minimal. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Not sure, I haven’t watch RHOC.

He did give Brooks a one on one.

https://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-12/episode-176/videos/sneak-peek-of-brooks-tells-all

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 11:38 AM, breezy424 said:

I think this article is kind of loony tunes.  Did the RHBH throw in with his alleged act?  What?  What are they supposed to say.  All they did is that they gave him sympathy to his post.  If the guy made his twitter account private, what are they supposed to say?

As far as what Rinna  is stating is that they've gotten a lot on social media for going against LVP.  Death threats?  I don't know cause I don't follow any of them but from what I've read here it's been ridiculous IMO.

LVP has some insane fans. A fair few blogs are written by LVP partisans, which is why we get crap like “Rinna Lied About Sexual Harassment!” I personally don’t think she’s lying. These bloggers are not happy about the LVP situation.  

I might start watching again once LVP is completely gone from the show. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, kokapetl said:

LVP has some insane fans. A fair few blogs are written by LVP partisans, which is why we get crap like “Rinna Lied About Sexual Harassment!” I personally don’t think she’s lying. These bloggers are not happy about the LVP situation.  

I’m an LVP fan and can’t disagree with this.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kokapetl said:

As far as what Rinna  is stating is that they've gotten a lot on social media for going against LVP.  Death threats?  I don't know cause I don't follow any of them but from what I've read here it's been ridiculous IMO.

I follow most of these women on Social Media. While I see people calling them out for being hypocrites and generally being bad people, I have never seen a single death threat. So either they are going directly into their DM's or the women are exaggerating because they simply don't like criticism of any kind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
14 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I follow most of these women on Social Media. While I see people calling them out for being hypocrites and generally being bad people, I have never seen a single death threat. So either they are going directly into their DM's or the women are exaggerating because they simply don't like criticism of any kind.

They all have people calling them out, true, including LVP. I doubt that Rinna and the rest have been harrassed any more than she has on social media. It's what happens when you choose to put yourself out there on a reality show.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8

I would actually believe Rinna got death threats from Social Media users.

Right after Ash Wednesday I know I said a few things right to her.

A short time after I got a phone call from my bestie IRL. We share some common friends on SM. I had not checked in for a while so I was asked if I had spoken or DM'ed with this other Twitter friend. My friend told me this one Twitter had been "Doxxed." I had no idea what it meant. I guess extreme bully tactics?? Anyway, this person was stalked and fired from her job because Rinna fans called her employer and actually got her fired. Fans were really researching to get info on anyone going to try to get Rinna canned. 

It has gotten so ugly I haven't posted there all season since. Hell, I don't even read it unless I get a phone call about it. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

A short time after I got a phone call from my bestie IRL. We share some common friends on SM. I had not checked in for a while so I was asked if I had spoken or DM'ed with this other Twitter friend. My friend told me this one Twitter had been "Doxxed." I had no idea what it meant. I guess extreme bully tactics?? Anyway, this person was stalked and fired from her job because Rinna fans called her employer and actually got her fired. Fans were really researching to get info on anyone going to try to get Rinna canned. 

It has gotten so ugly I haven't posted there all season since. Hell, I don't even read it unless I get a phone call about it. 

What did this person say to Rinna? 

2 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

What did this person say to Rinna? 

Nothing terrible really. It was all taken down before I got the chance to look but it was because the Twitter person lit up QVC about firing Lisa Rinna. She was far from the only one that I personally know well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Doxxing is publishing someone's private information on the internet: could be your address, phone number, social security number, your web browsing, or anything that people keep semi-private. Say for example, you read terrible Twilight BDSM fan fiction, Master of the Universe, before it was tweaked to become 50 Shades of Gray. Someone could take that and tell people (your boss, pastor, doctor) that this is the awful shit you read.

• Useful 4
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

Doxxing is publishing someone's private information on the internet: could be your address, phone number, social security number, your web browsing, or anything that people keep semi-private. Say for example, you read terrible Twilight BDSM fan fiction, Master of the Universe, before it was tweaked to become 50 Shades of Gray. Someone could take that and tell people (your boss, pastor, doctor) that this is the awful shit you read.

I didn't know this term! I've heard of people posting phone numbers and embarrassing photos as revenge, which isn't cool. I don't think I know of a story of anyone posting web browsing information. That's scary. 

That's so crazy FairDusted. People take it too far. There shouldn't be death threats or anyone losing a job. 

• Love 6
On 6/30/2019 at 2:28 PM, MatildaMoody said:

They only mentioned her when they were directly asked about her. I remember Erika asking Kyle and LVP about Brandi and when they RELUCTANTLY answered her, they cut to Erika's talking head saying that she didn't understand why they were talking about someone who wasn't there. It was Erika's first season, and that was the moment I knew that she couldn't be trusted. The fact that she's always been boring is just the icing on the cake when it comes to my dislike of her. 

If Erika and Yolanda hadn't brought Brandi up as a topic of conversation, there would have been no mention of her at all. As it was, there was barely any mention of her because the other women really didn't want to discuss her at all. It was obvious. As for the 1 on 1, I wouldn't expect LVP todo one. I think she was just well and truly done. 

Regardless of whether Brandi warranted a 1-on-1, it still remains that she wasn't a cast member on the show - and LVP was a cast member on the show this season, which means she had her opportunity to come to the reunion and she turned it down. It would be an insane precedent to set that a cast member can duck a reunion but then speak their mind in an exclusive individual interview with Andy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Kyle's fans went after a woman who called Kyle, vile.  Kyle shot back with info about the woman, including the info that she's a teacher and Kyle's fans were off and running.

People called Kyle out and she took her Twitter post down, but the fans were still going after the teacher.

LVP fans ain't the only stans on Twitter..

I found a link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/tprusik/status/1110928621408079874

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Kyle's fans went after a woman who called Kyle, vile.  Kyle shot back with info about the woman, including the info that she's a teacher and Kyle's fans were off and running.

People called Kyle out and she took her Twitter post down, but the fans were still going after the teacher.

LVP fans ain't the only stans on Twitter..are scary!

Thank you @HunterHunted for the info! 

Yes @Dorsodog I got a phone call on that one as well. I was friendly with that teacher as well!  Super weird I know that group pretty well. 

Edited by FairyDusted
Forgot to add
On 6/24/2019 at 12:12 PM, Happy Camper said:

I think that her career as #ThePrettyMess is over due to lack of backing from Ol' Moneybags, now that his spending is obviously being monitored.

If she is not invited back to RHOBH, she will just go back to being Erika Girardi, if she is indeed still with her husband.

Maybe she should retire Erika Jayne and rebrand herself Playne Jayne. #ThePrettyLess.

i think erika jane's spot on the show is secure....satan andy just loves vulgar, the more vulgar the better 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Regardless of whether Brandi warranted a 1-on-1, it still remains that she wasn't a cast member on the show - and LVP was a cast member on the show this season, which means she had her opportunity to come to the reunion and she turned it down. It would be an insane precedent to set that a cast member can duck a reunion but then speak their mind in an exclusive individual interview with Andy.

I never said that LVP should have a 1 on 1. I am actually very glad that she left it all behind because she doesn't need it. I just thought it was shitty of Andy to give Brandi a chance to simply insult the women with no way for them to respond. Especially since Brandi was not on the show and was barely mentioned that season. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i think erika jane's spot on the show is secure....satan andy just loves vulgar, the more vulgar the better 

Erika Jane thinks she's the new age Anna Nicole Smith. Gay men seem to have a certain type of woman they (would never sleep with cause they're gay) idolize for whatever reason: Cher/Anna Nicole/Marilyn Monroe/Bette Midler. 

But I agree, Erika Jane/Jayne won't be going anywhere soon.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, dosodog said:

LVP fans ain't the only stans on Twitter..

I found a link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/tprusik/status/1110928621408079874

Dude FUCK KYLE!  What is wrong with her?  She has to know that would spark a reaction.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

It would be an insane precedent to set that a cast member can duck a reunion but then speak their mind in an exclusive individual interview with Andy.

It would hardly be insane given the precedent was already set with Kim Richards years ago.

• Love 6
(edited)

Exception or not, the precedent of granting an individual interview in lieu of attending the reunion was still set. Luann was granted the same, too.

(Also, although she didn't do a separate interview, Jacqueline (NJ) refused to attend a reunion, and wasn't reprimanded.)

Edited by gritz
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, gritz said:

Exception or not, the precedent of granting an individual interview in lieu of attending the reunion was still set. Luann was granted the same, too.

(Also, although she didn't do a separate interview, Jacqueline (NJ) refused to attend a reunion, and wasn't reprimanded.)

How do you know Jacqueline wasn't reprimanded?  

I thought part of their salary was withheld until they completed taping the reunion.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, gritz said:

It would hardly be insane given the precedent was already set with Kim Richards years ago.

And as I've mentioned before: Brooks Ayers and Andy one on one.  Brooks wasn't even an official HouseHo. So Andy does what Andy wants. There is no fairness in Bravoland. 

• Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, gritz said:

Regarding Kim & Lisa, the situations were different imo. I don't know about the other housewives mentioned as I didn't watch the shows. Adrienne was the first person on this show to not participate in a reunion without a circumstance like Kim's. I really see both sides to this. I thought Adrienne and Lisa were right to not bother with the reunions, and I still see why Andy & co don't want to offer a separate opportunity to say their piece when the option to attend the reunion was there. None of the ladies enjoy the reunions. I'm sure they'd all prefer one on ones with Andy. Production probably wants to make it clear if they want to keep their jobs and and have a say, attend the reunion. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/3/2019 at 11:23 AM, gritz said:

Kim Richards missed the reunion because she was in rehab at the time. She didn't voluntarily turn down the reunion and then get her own special episode of WWHL. Two completely different situations.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:54 PM, chenoa333 said:

And as I've mentioned before: Brooks Ayers and Andy one on one.  Brooks wasn't even an official HouseHo. So Andy does what Andy wants. There is no fairness in Bravoland. 

Brooks wasn't a cast member on the show, he had no obligation to show up at the reunion, so he received no special treatment. This example only works if, say, Vicki dodged the reunion because she didn't want to face the other cast members and then got a special WWHL interview with Andy. Which, again, would never happen. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brooks' interview with Andy was after evidence surfaced that he had faked the medical documents he had released to "prove" his cancer diagnosis was real. So, there was topical news to address that broke after the reunion was filmed.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Brooks wasn't a cast member on the show, he had no obligation to show up at the reunion, so he received no special treatment. This example only works if, say, Vicki dodged the reunion

I get your point. 

• Love 1
On July 3, 2019 at 7:54 PM, chenoa333 said:

"Andy does what Andy wants"  If it's profitable and only if Bravo approves.   If you're concerned about fairness, this is probably not the right place.   Bravoland is big business not a school yard game. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Kim Richards missed the reunion because she was in rehab at the time. She didn't voluntarily turn down the reunion and then get her own special episode of WWHL. Two completely different situations.

Brooks wasn't a cast member on the show, he had no obligation to show up at the reunion, so he received no special treatment. This example only works if, say, Vicki dodged the reunion because she didn't want to face the other cast members and then got a special WWHL interview with Andy. Which, again, would never happen. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brooks' interview with Andy was after evidence surfaced that he had faked the medical documents he had released to "prove" his cancer diagnosis was real. So, there was topical news to address that broke after the reunion was filmed.

👏 Exactly what I think about Kim, and thanks for the information regarding the others. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, gritz said:

Luann was also in rehab when her reunion was shot. It's pretty clear that there is a medical exemption.

Jacqueline was excused by production. Andy said at the beginning of that reunion that Jacqueline was a basket case and they didn't let her film. They were already filming season 4 when they taped the season 3 reunion. Jacqueline's line producers were worried that she'd start spilling the beans about season 4 during the reunion because she was too unstable and having a hard time keeping her emotions under control even during regular filming. It was her producers' call to have Jacqueline skip the reunion.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-4/blogs/jacqueline-laurita/the-breaking-point

Her Bravo blog sort of alludes to this when she talks about how her anger would have seemingly come out of nowhere to viewers. Housewives largely don't care about such things, but producers do. In fact, efforts to contain and control the narrative usually irritate housewives, like how Caroline was increasingly pissed about Teresa starting a bar brawl that caused Albie, Chris, and Greg to be detained by police. But the brawl never made it into the show.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Just a theory, I don't think Adrienne was fired.  I think she quit because she didn't want her divorce from Paul to be any more public than it was.  That was truly a low blow for Brandi to out the surrogacy and Adrienne wanted to shut it down. 

• Love 8

Luckily these women are so wonderful and interesting that they don’t need Lisa Vanderpump at the Reunion. Hopefully they won’t mention her at all since she is not necessary for this franchise to thrive.

• LOL 10

I'm too lazy to trace back the origins of this discussion but did LVP request a one-on-one and was denied or are people suggesting that it should have been offered?

Either way, I'm personally in agreeance with the camp that believes that there was no obligation by Bravo to provide LVP a separate opportunity to address her time on the show or the controversy surrounding her. Just like Adrienne, LVP's decision to not show up to the reunion also coincided with her announcement that she did not intend to return to the show for another season. She had the opportunity to address anything she wanted to address via the reunion and at the very least, she could have negotiated only showing up for a couple of segments to address her parts of the season. At the end of the day, I don't even see why she would want to do a separate sit down at the reunion - it would only result in the women calling her a coward for not showing up and speaking to them directly and frankly, if she were to engage in that particular manner, I don't think they would be wrong for saying that about her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Dorito is feels by her oats and calling out LVP by calling her a coward for not agreeing to show up for a gang up of 6 against one. LVP has washed her hands of this group and they have to stand or fail on their own. 

They wanted her gone and they got their wish. Nobody should stay at a party where nobody wants you.

Enjoy the party with Dorito and Teddi. They seem like barrels of fun.

Edited by langford peel
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

Actually Dorit called LVP a coward for not doing the job she signed up for, which includes filming with others (even when they call you out) and attending the reunion (even when they refuse to let you wiggle off the hook).

• Love 5

People can quit their job when they are the subject of harassment and orchestrated gang attacks that attempt to force you to leave. Yes if you quit and don’t expect to be paid you are totally within your rights. 

If you want to see what is like to be the subject of a gang attack watch Camille in the next episode and on the reunion. Camille is a tough cookie and not afraid to spill the beans and let out some home truths. She has the fight in her to deal with the orchestrated attacks of these vile women. Lisa has said that she is hurting and never should have been on this season. She couldn’t summon the fire to continue to defend herself against the grifting puppy dumper and her adherents. So she opted out and didn’t worry about her salary for her own well being.

That’s not cowardice. That’s self preservation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

It’s loaded spin to use expressions like “gang attacks.” Nothing happened to LVP that hasn’t happened all over this franchise - she was called out for her own manipulative and cruel games.

The spin wouldn’t be necessary if LVP had the guts to face those she targeted for years. Refusing to attend the reunion isn’t “self preservation” as much as an attempt to salvage what’s left of her pretend self - and it’s still a show of cowardice.

• Love 7

It’s not spin it’s the simple truth. There are always gang attacks on these shows. You are going to see one on Camille at the reunion. You will see it on Luann in NYC this season. You have seen it before with Vicki Gunvalson and Kenya Moore in other years. This is how they roll.

Lisa had been the puppy dumpers main source of support and her entry into the show. She turned on her like a snake. Don’t forget that her callous dumping of an innocent puppy at a kill shelter was the actual crime here. She can’t tell us who she gave the puppy to because she didn’t give it to anyone. She is a proven liar and grifter. 

I only hope that Camille brings it and puts her for the POS that she is and put the focus where it belongs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

More spin/character assassination: “Gang attacks,” “Puppy dumpers,” “POS.” 

Better that all cast members show up, speak their minds, and feel heard/understood at the reunion.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4

Here is a little tidbit from the Media about the Puppy Dumper. It seems her Bank Account has been garnished.

It seems that Camille was right on the money so to speak. The dude who won the case where he proved PK owed him over a million is named  Nicos Kirzis. Sounds like a Greek guy. Didn't Camille date a greek guy who beat her up? I think she might be part Greek and have some contacts in that community..

Anyway you slice it the truth will set you free. Now if only the puppy dumper would come clean about the fact that she brought the puppy to the kill shelter herself or maybe sent her assistant. It seems of a piece with her style.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, langford peel said:

Now if only the puppy dumper would come clean about the fact that she brought the puppy to the kill shelter herself or maybe sent her assistant.

This. A million times. This.

This is the problem which laid the foundation for the entire season.  This is the reason for the shitshow season. 

The whole LVP shakedown would never have happened if not for THIS.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, nexxie said:

Better that all cast members show up, speak their minds, and feel heard/understood at the reunion.

The reunion will not afford LVP - or any of them, to actually "be heard."  It's a shit show in itself with everybody talking over each other and demanding apologies and basically being rude to each other.  Sure, someone will cry and they'll all feel bad for that person, then we'll have the fake hugs and kisses, but next season, it's game on and they're back to their usual bitching about each other selves.

The ladies will accept nothing less than LVP groveling at their feet and begging for forgiveness.  She's not going to do that (and I don't think she should.)  These ladies aren't going to sit there quietly and calmly listening to anything she has to say.  They would pile on like vultures on a dead possum.  I don't blame LVP for not wanting to be part of that.  I would run as far away as I could too.  They're simply not worth one's time.   Let them all turn on each other.  That's more entertaining. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

The reunion will not afford LVP - or any of them, to actually "be heard."  It's a shit show in itself with everybody talking over each other and demanding apologies and basically being rude to each other.  Sure, someone will cry and they'll all feel bad for that person, then we'll have the fake hugs and kisses, but next season, it's game on and they're back to their usual bitching about each other selves.

The ladies will accept nothing less than LVP groveling at their feet and begging for forgiveness.  She's not going to do that (and I don't think she should.)  These ladies aren't going to sit there quietly and calmly listening to anything she has to say.  They would pile on like vultures on a dead possum.  I don't blame LVP for not wanting to be part of that.  I would run as far away as I could too.  They're simply not worth one's time.   Let them all turn on each other.  That's more entertaining. 

This view completely dismisses the fact that LVP has purposely manipulated almost all of these women (and others who have left the show), and each time refuses to take responsibility - they are calling her out for her behavior, not blaming an innocent lamb. 

That said, I agree that she will never own up and ask for forgiveness - so it will be nice to see a reunion without another deflection or poor-me sob story from LVP (unless producers wickedly include old clips of her act).

(btw, LVP does not only manipulate others to get them to do something she wants done, she also manipulates them in order to get a response that she perversely enjoys - as she did with Eileen about her affair and with Kyle when her young daughter was in the room.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4