Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, langford peel said:

We didn’t necessarily believe it. But it was an interesting shot across the bow. Lisa wants them to know she has options. She can take her brand to the E channel for instance. She can start a new show about Vanderpump Vegas. Cherrypick the cast from Rules. Some of their contracts are from year to year. Take someone like Flat Iron Tom and make him a manager. Bring a whole new crop of young knuckleheads for drama. To seal the deal get someone like Seacrest to produce.

It is very doable. Bravo has to rethink how they treat the Queen.

Both Bravo and E News are owned by NBC Universal. It's unlikely if LVP has a dispute with Bravo, she'll find some refuge in the sister network. 

And I firmly believe the "Queen" needs Bravo way more than they need her, for a variety of reasons, not the least is what @HunterHunted articulates below. 

22 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think LVP could take the show to another network. I don't think she owns the IP. I suspect Evolution Media does. It's kind of how Bravo seems to be encouraging various producers to recruit individuals for new housewife shows, but call the shows something else entirely because they seem to be irritated at having to pay Scott Dunlop for housewives shows until the end of time because he came up with RHoOC.

The reality is that LVP is one cog in Bravo's wheel. If she walks away tomorrow, and tries to take VPR with her (which I also think is unlikely because I doubt she owns it), she'll be replaced by someone else. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Lisa can just make a new show. They can not stop her. 

It doesn't have to be called Vanderpump Rules and it doesn’t have to include all of the chuckleheads. Just one or two for familiarity and lots of fresh new meat.

The Below Deck formula.

As far as the NBC/E News being owned by the same company...well there are plenty of other channels where she can shop a new show.

Bravo has made a big mistake in choosing Dorito and Teddi over LVP and they will not like how this will end up.

They already went through this with Bethenny and NYC and they be begging her to comeback soon enough.

Edited by langford peel
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Lisa can just make a new show. They can not stop her. 

It doesn't have to be called Vanderpump Rules and it doesn’t have to include all of the chuckleheads. Just one or two for familiarity and lots of fresh new meat.

The Below Deck formula.

As far as the NBC/E News being owned by the same company...well there are plenty of other channels where she can shop a new show.

Bravo has made a big mistake in choosing Dorito and Teddi over LVP and they will not like how this will end up.

They already went through this with Bethenny and NYC and they be begging her to comeback soon enough.

Sure, she could. I just don't have the same belief that you do that she's the linchpin to the success of either of these shows and doubt very seriously that the network will collapse because LVP is no longer a part of it. 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Sure, she could. I just don't have the same belief that you do that she's the linchpin to the success of either of these shows and doubt very seriously that the network will collapse because LVP is no longer a part of it. 

So Lisa Vanderpump is not the “linchpin” to a show called “Vanderpump Rules?”

That sounds kind of silly.

We will see just how much LVP means to RHOBH. Starting with reunion. 

I never said that the network would collapse. Just these two shows.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, langford peel said:

So Lisa Vanderpump is not the “linchpin” to a show called “Vanderpump Rules?”

That sounds kind of silly.

We will see just how much LVP means to RHOBH. Starting with reunion. 

I never said that the network would collapse. Just these two shows.

LVP is and continues to be the least important and memorable aspect of Vanderpump Rules. How many of the iconic moments hinge on LVP being there? Almost none. It's like saying that the corporation purchasing Sam Malone's bar is one of the most memorable moments in Cheers. It's important for sure, but it's a detail that doesn't really lodge itself in most people's minds. Or like Bruce Wayne's parents dying. It's the inciting incident and important, but Batman doesn't spend every issue of the comics talking about his dead parents. Marthaaaaaaaaaa!!!! These dopes were brought together by LVP and her restaurants, but the show sometimes has fewer than 2 minutes devoted to LVP per week.

• Love 9

Okay guys, I may be crazy, but is this Kathryn Edwards (former HW) and her husband at the D-Day ceremony in France this morning?  It's 30 minutes in where Pres. Trump & Pres. Macron are crossing the stage shaking hands with the veterans.   I was watching this and looked up and saw who I believe to be Kathryn!  Just curious what her connection to the ceremony is.   It was a very moving ceremony.  And please, no political statements!!  I'm just wondering if I've lost my mind and this isn't her.  Maybe she was accompanying a relative who is a veteran.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj9VLZRvvkA

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Okay guys, I may be crazy, but is this Kathryn Edwards (former HW) and her husband at the D-Day ceremony in France this morning?  It's 30 minutes in where Pres. Trump & Pres. Macron are crossing the stage shaking hands with the veterans.   I was watching this and looked up and saw who I believe to be Kathryn!  Just curious what her connection to the ceremony is.   It was a very moving ceremony.  And please, no political statements!!  I'm just wondering if I've lost my mind and this isn't her.  Maybe she was accompanying a relative who is a veteran.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj9VLZRvvkA

It's her, ChitChat:

• Love 6
(edited)

I listened to  podcast a while ago with (I think) the executive producer of VPR. He said that Lisa was vital to the show because she was like a queen in a castle and scenes of her provided much needed respite when the Pumpers got to be "too much". (It was a while ago, I think that was the gist). I think he said the show wouldn't work without her, because that juxtaposition was a big part of the success formula.

Was he just saying that? I don't know, but he did say it.

Linky:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/working-class-hollywood/id1440419592?i=1000432088660&mt=2

Edited by Jel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I know you truly believe that. We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

I agree with that. The proof is in the pudding. Let’s see how entertaining the show is without LVP. We can start with the reunion.

• Love 4

LVP is way over rated.  She did not "quit" HW as she claims.  She was pushed out.   BRAVO has refused to air any of her segments for the rest of the season.

BRAVO doesn't need her for VPR.  They can easily take the main cast, change the name, setting of the show and rebrand it.  It's well known that most of cast don't even work at Sur, aside for filming of the show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

Bravo has multiple shows with a group of young twenty somethings relating to each other with the emphasis on hook ups and other relationship dramas. There was a show about a ski resort and another about Gallery Girls in NYC. They all failed miserably. What were they missing? A linchpin.

Someone who brought Beverly Hills glamour and wealth. Someone who is an inspiration to the chuckleheads. Someone to reign in their worst excesses and try to keep them grounded.

To say that you can subtract the linchpin and it wouldn’t matter is silly and just not true.

I try getting into the show now and then because friends like it. I think I couldn’t get into the show because of the “chuckleheads!” lol I want more of the fabulous, glamorous Lisa Vanderpump.

I remember Hugh Hefner thinking Girls Next Door was a success purely because of him and the girls were replaceable. That turned out not to be true. However in that instance, the original girls brought in beauty, charm, fun, and humor themselves. They all seemed pretty kind for the most part even if they weren’t as best buddy as portrayed on the show. The girlfriends who replaced them weren’t very original and dull in comparison. From what I’ve seen on VP Rules, the cast doesn’t have Lisa’s  star quality. They’re an attractive bunch and full of drama, but I do think there are a lot of people like them, especially in LA. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

LVP is way over rated.  She did not "quit" HW as she claims.  She was pushed out.   BRAVO has refused to air any of her segments for the rest of the season.

You are absolutely right. Bravo forced her out when she refused to be the victim of a gang bullying attack designed to camouflage the dysfunction and lawsuits of the rest of the cast.

So instead of giving publicity to worthy charities and showing fun bizarre events like the Indian party we get to see watch baby bitches give their parents the finger and clipping of toenails. I think next episode will feature Dorito clipping PKs nose hairs before she goes on her vacation.

Of course I blame Lisa Vanderpump for this!

• Love 10
(edited)

I’m glad she ditched the reunion. I’m all for people being called on their crap, LVP included, if it’s being warranted, but gang-ups aren’t the same! The women don’t even believe her after the lie detector test. If they want to think the worst of her, pointless to show up. I’m someone who likes most of them most of the time, which might be kind of rare, but I wish the girls actually apologized to Lisa. This season wasn’t pretty. I think they all overreacted due to past grievances/rumors. They all did it at once when she was vulnerable and grieving. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 5:52 PM, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I can't believe anyone believed the nonsense 

The adage of "where there is smoke, there is fire" seems to apply often enough with these kinds of things, and I would not be surprised if Lisa did make the assertion that she'd take VR to another network. 

But, I also think Bravo plants stories with media to test the waters of possible casting and/or show changes.  Assuming the gossip is true, I could see it coming from either Lisa or Bravo.

The thing about Lisa is that she is smart enough to know the legalities of what she can and can't do, but she is cunning and has a big ego.  She may have thought - if even for a moment - that she could get away with it.

I am not a Lisa fan.  Never have been, never will be. But, I do think she adds something to both shows that would be missed if she left.  For BH, it would be the high-end luxury Beverly Hills lifestyle stuff. VR needs a central person around which all the drama can ensue.  That is Lisa's role.

She grounds both shows, IMO, and is important to both.

Still, I think RHBH would survive without her. 

VR will only survive if it remains part of the Bravosphere.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

The linchpin in this series isn't one individual; it's basically the franchise.   Not all of its spinoffs are successful but quite a few are and it seems like there's always a RH of Somewhere to watch year round. (I'm only talking about RHofBH as I know nothing about VPR and feel that discussion of how much it needs her or Bravo needs it belongs in that forum/thread.)

LVP has barely been in this season and ratings have been steady.  If Bravo was testing the waters about how much the show needs her, I'm guessing they haven't been convinced that they do.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yes, since Andy is quoted. But obviously one of the other women is the anonymous source in this article. 

Yes, by "the source" I meant what US Weekly calls, "the source close to production" or "the production source", or, "Us' production source" and not Andy Cohen, who is directly quoted. 

Or I could have just said "Kyle". Whatever.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

LVP has barely been in this season and ratings have been steady.  If Bravo was testing the waters about how much the show needs her, I'm guessing they haven't been convinced that they do.

Actually that’s not quite true. Only the last episode was devoid of LVP. All the other episodes were setting up the gang attacks on LVP... the actual attempts at shaming and belittling her...and the reaction and commenting about the situation. She was a presence in every other episode even when she didn’t film with the others. The last three episodes will give a true flavor to what it will be like without the one true “Real Housewife.” There are many people like me who are following along with this season to see what will happen to LVP. Many here have stated that they will drop it once it is clear that Lisa was bullied off of the show. I have previously dropped Atlanta and NJ and will add this to the list. The only thing viewers have to look forward to are petty arguments among the dwindling pack of grifters and swindlers. Not my cup of tea.

Of course I blame Lisa Vanderpump for this. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

The linchpin in this series isn't one individual; it's basically the franchise.   Not all of its spinoffs are successful but quite a few are and it seems like there's always a RH of Somewhere to watch year round. (I'm only talking about RHofBH as I know nothing about VPR and feel that discussion of how much it needs her or Bravo needs it belongs in that forum/thread.)

If that's what they are doing, I'm not sure their test is valid. There's no way to tease out how many people are watching because she's not on, or because they hope to see her on, or because they just want to see it to the end. This season's ratings may not be predictive of the audience of the future w/o Lisa Vanderpump.

Some of the HWs began live Tweeting episodes only after Lisa stopped appearing (or on episodes where they knew she wouldn't appear) and were advertising that they would be before the show aired. And Bravo also brought on some "high drama" characters in the form of Kim Richards and Brandi Glanville on episodes where Lisa was not appearing, and those were advertised in advance of airing.  Both of those things would be confounding variables.

The only way to really know anything about her impact on viewership is to have a season of RHoBH without Lisa but with the same cast.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Jel said:

The only way to really know anything about her impact on viewership is to have a season of RHoBH without Lisa but with the same cast.

I think that is exactly right. They didn’t know how much they missed Bethenny until she was off the show for a year. The same situation is happening on Beverly Hills with Kyle in the Jill Zarin role. They tried to retool NYC and it flopped without the true star of the franchise. I recognize that even though I really really don’t like Bethenny. Kyle will end in the same space as Jill Zarin.

Of course I blame Lisa Vanderpump for this.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I think that is exactly right. They didn’t know how much they missed Bethenny until she was off the show for a year. The same situation is happening on Beverly Hills with Kyle in the Jill Zarin role. They tried to retool NYC and it flopped without the true star of the franchise. I recognize that even though I really really don’t like Bethenny. Kyle will end in the same space as Jill Zarin.

Of course I blame Lisa Vanderpump for this.

Lol, of course!

If ratings decline next year, maybe she'll be blamed for that because she wasn't a big enough person to just apologize anyway (for what she didn't do) for the sake of the show. (Or some variant of same.)

I'd say it's silly, but it's really so much worse than that. 

I personally can't see the show doing as well without her, but who knows.  Maybe they'll delay the season a bit to give the PO'd viewers time to get over it.  Maybe there are tons of people who stopped watching because they didn't like her on the show and will come back once she's gone. And maybe there are lots of people like me who are just turned off these HWs and just can't muster up any enthusiasm for the show anymore. I guess we'll find out next year. If Bravo does nothing to change the cast but add Camille as fulltime (don't think she'd want it) then I think we'll have a good idea that the possibility of a Vanderpump-less BH is what they were trying to examine this season.  But I don't know if they even put that much thought into it.

At the start of this season I had warmed up a bit to Erika, I liked Dorit (one of the few who did), I thought Kyle was ok, I loved LVP, was not a fan of Teddi's and I really didn't like Rinna. Having one person on the show who I thought was a pretty despicable woman was made tolerable by the balance of the others.  Now, I don't like any of them. I find Rinna even more despicable, and have moved Kyle, Teddi and Dorit into the despicable category. I'm extremely disappointed in Erika; one more thing and she gets a Despico label too. I am not very interested in Denise or Camille.  With that cast, there's just nothing there for me anymore.

My evil twin hopes it fails spectacularly without Lisa. 😉 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Subtract Lisa, and basically they move the cast to some other restaurant in West Hollywood. Sure, they'd have to rename it. But they have this formula down - group of 20 and 30 somethings working together in a dramatic setting, causing drama - and LVP isn't that essential to it.

Bravo could also take the opportunity to refocus now that the group is marrying and buying homes in the S.F. Valley - it could be called Adulting in the Valley. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

Actually that’s not quite true. Only the last episode was devoid of LVP. All the other episodes were setting up the gang attacks on LVP... the actual attempts at shaming and belittling her...and the reaction and commenting about the situation. She was a presence in every other episode even when she didn’t film with the others. The last three episodes will give a true flavor to what it will be like without the one true “Real Housewife.” There are many people like me who are following along with this season to see what will happen to LVP. Many here have stated that they will drop it once it is clear that Lisa was bullied off of the show. I have previously dropped Atlanta and NJ and will add this to the list. The only thing viewers have to look forward to are petty arguments among the dwindling pack of grifters and swindlers. Not my cup of tea.

Of course I blame Lisa Vanderpump for this. 

In the grand scheme of things, this community isn't that large (though it is certainly intelligent and passionate) and likely doesn't reflect the entirety of the viewing public.  People here threatening to never watch again doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the viewing public will follow suit.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 5
(edited)
27 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

In the grand scheme of things, this community isn't that large (though it is certainly intelligent and passionate) and likely doesn't reflect the entirety of the viewing public.  People here threatening to never watch again doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the viewing public will follow suit.

This is very true. But if you look at twitter and other social media venues the proportion of LVP fans becomes clear. The volume of tweets and posts by passionate LVP fans far outnumbers those of the poor victims of Vanderpump Derangement Syndrome. The injustice of the gang up this season will lead many people into dropping this series. 

Of course your mileage may vary and only time will tell.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, langford peel said:

This is very true. But if you look at twitter and other social media venues the proportion of LVP fans becomes clear. The volume of tweets and posts by passionate LVP fans far outnumbers those of the poor victims of Vanderpump Derangement Syndrome. The injustice of the gang up this season will lead many people into dropping this series. 

Of course your mileage may vary and only time will tell.

Agreed that only time will tell.  I will just say, though, that here or Twitter or what have you aren't a scientific sample of people who will only watch if LVP is involved and those who won't. Those of us who aren't passionate LVP defenders are likely less likely to take to the boards here or to Twitter to talk about how much we won't watch the show when LVP is gone.

It's like political candidates - some political candidates have a very passionate cadre of supporters who talk incessantly about their candidate. But when push comes to shove and its time to vote, it is often discovered that while they may have deep support, they don't have broad support. It's quite possible we'll see the same phenomenon with LVP. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Agreed that only time will tell.  I will just say, though, that here or Twitter or what have you aren't a scientific sample of people who will only watch if LVP is involved and those who won't. Those of us who aren't passionate LVP defenders are likely less likely to take to the boards here or to Twitter to talk about how much we won't watch the show when LVP is gone.

It's like political candidates - some political candidates have a very passionate cadre of supporters who talk incessantly about their candidate. But when push comes to shove and its time to vote, it is often discovered that while they may have deep support, they don't have broad support. It's quite possible we'll see the same phenomenon with LVP. 

Also very true. I would never claim that a majority of the viewers feel this way. But I do feel that a very significant plurality does and if you subtract them from the audience the show will take a big hit. It is an unforced error and bad business to infuriate such a significant slice of your audience. I feel these facts are reflected by this board and in social media.

There is no one in the current cast has a interesting enough life to overcome this. Several of them have built up a really negative audience reaction. The only way I can see them going forward is to retool with a substantially new cast.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Also very true. I would never claim that a majority of the viewers feel this way. But I do feel that a very significant plurality does and if you subtract them from the audience the show will take a big hit. It is an unforced error and bad business to infuriate such a significant slice of your audience. I feel these facts are reflected by this board and in social media.

There is no one in the current cast has a interesting enough life to overcome this. Several of them have built up a really negative audience reaction. The only way I can see them going forward is to retool with a substantially new cast.

Of course none of this is scientific, that goes without saying, but I know that comments and tweets and so on can sometimes provide broad picture of viewers' tastes.  It's true that posters and tweeters might not reflect what the viewing audience feels, but it's equally true that they might. There's no way to know from the data we have. 

Lisa's fans are vocal but so are her detractors; there is a smaller, but equally passionate group of commenters and tweeters who are very vocal in their dislike of her.  They'd likely show up in polls and tweets and comments as well.  So, I don't think, based only on things like polls and Tweets and comments, that it's an unreasonable claim to say she has the support of the majority of fans (somewhere above of 50% in a head to head against any other BH HW).  AFAIK, no one has tested that with any scientific rigor, but if they were to, and I could bet, I'd bet heavily on Lisa winning against everyone. 

This is a unique season. In the past, and in spite of all the free buzz they get from fans talking about the shows, Bravo has eventually dumped the HWs that really pissed viewers off -- Jill, Kim, Kelli, Brandi etc. (and dumped a few who bored the viewers). Was the vocal fan disapproval of those HWs the reason Bravo fired them? Probably factored in quite heavily, imo. But this year is different in that, it's not one, but a bunch that are pissing people off.  There's no single HW that can take the heat since they have all drawn a lot of ire. Maybe Rinna and/or Teddi could get it? Or maybe Bravo will just hope for the best and try a season without the show's anchor, like they did when Bethenny left.

At this moment, Lisa hasn't officially said she won't return, and I expect a number of options will be examined and discussed before any final decisions are made on either side.  

• Love 2

I think the big reveal on the reunion will be a taped message from Lisa where she announces that she is not returning to RHOBH. I expect that Kyle is going to do a 180 and express some remorse and turn on Dorito. She is going to blame her for the whole mess and the breakup of her friendship with Lisa. Kyle specializes in these betrayals and she will have that snake Teddi in her corner as they seem to have an unholy alliance. Now Kyle will not go all scorched earth on Dorito but she will push her under the bus. Dorito will look around with her bug eyed look of surprise and realize that she has no real allies. In fact in previous years the only one who liked her and defended her was....Surprise.....Lisa Vanderpump.

It is not going to end well for several of the worthless bitches. I hope they invite Rinna's daughter to give them the finger throughout the entire reunion.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I like Teddi, but I don’t think she fits in as well with this group. For this show I like them a little older with over the top glamour and just more Hollywood. The only thing Hollywood about Teddi is her father and his SO.

All the drama started with Dorit and the dog. LVP was most hurt by Kyle. No love lost between her and Rinna. She thought she and Camille were all good but was hurt by the comments about her dental situation. She got on fine with Denise, but she is Rinna’s friend first and foremost, and at this point I’m sure closer to the women she got to bond with more. She and Erika were never good friends. 

I don’t see LVP returning next season. I thought if she and Kyle were to make up, then a housewife or two would be swapped, and she could return. Doesn’t sound like that’s happening in the near future.

I think VP Rules will remain on Bravo, and maybe she will return to RH later down the line when the cast has changed.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Jel said:

Of course none of this is scientific, that goes without saying, but I know that comments and tweets and so on can sometimes provide broad picture of viewers' tastes.  It's true that posters and tweeters might not reflect what the viewing audience feels, but it's equally true that they might. There's no way to know from the data we have. 

Lisa's fans are vocal but so are her detractors; there is a smaller, but equally passionate group of commenters and tweeters who are very vocal in their dislike of her.  They'd likely show up in polls and tweets and comments as well.  So, I don't think, based only on things like polls and Tweets and comments, that it's an unreasonable claim to say she has the support of the majority of fans (somewhere above of 50% in a head to head against any other BH HW).  AFAIK, no one has tested that with any scientific rigor, but if they were to, and I could bet, I'd bet heavily on Lisa winning against everyone. 

This is a unique season. In the past, and in spite of all the free buzz they get from fans talking about the shows, Bravo has eventually dumped the HWs that really pissed viewers off -- Jill, Kim, Kelli, Brandi etc. (and dumped a few who bored the viewers). Was the vocal fan disapproval of those HWs the reason Bravo fired them? Probably factored in quite heavily, imo. But this year is different in that, it's not one, but a bunch that are pissing people off.  There's no single HW that can take the heat since they have all drawn a lot of ire. Maybe Rinna and/or Teddi could get it? Or maybe Bravo will just hope for the best and try a season without the show's anchor, like they did when Bethenny left.

At this moment, Lisa hasn't officially said she won't return, and I expect a number of options will be examined and discussed before any final decisions are made on either side.  

I mean, I haven't seen any actual polls but I'll take your word that they exist. And sure, maybe LVP does have the support of the majority of fans. That doesn't mean that they all will jump ship if she is no longer on the show. And you may be right that in a head to head popularity contest between any of the other cast members, she would win. Again, that doesn't mean the majority of viewers find she is the main draw for the show.  Even among those who like her the most, there will be a percentage who say, "eh, it's an ensemble show and that's what I like about it."

In short, I tend to agree with @RealHousewife that there could be a dip in ratings if and when she leaves, but it's doubtful they'll be some sort of ratings freefall. By the time the show comes on again, it will be 6 or 7 months from now, and some of the people who feel so unhappy about LVP's leaving now will likely feel less incensed once all of this has been out of the spotlight since then.

But I could be wrong - time will tell for all of us. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Jextella said:

If the rumors are true, and Lisa doesn't watch herself, she could lose both shows.

And really, would that hurt her all that much?  She still has everything else, including her health.  She doesn't need this.  I've left my job for less harassment than she's had to put up with from her colleagues on RHOBH.

Look, to me, this is a legitimate and reasonable outcome - she lost her brother last year.  It was a horrific and devastating loss and this bunch of harridans did nothing to support her except pick at her like chickens in a coop, pecking, pecking, pecking.  She doesn't need this and she's realizing that life is short.  She's gotten all she can from this franchise and, I daresay, from Bravo as a whole.  VPR?  Yeah, ok - I'll miss it, but as others have noted, it's aged out and not all that interesting anymore.  Nothing new under the sun.  The momentum she's gotten from these shows will keep her properties going just fine, as they did before she started on Bravo.

G-d bless her, she deserves the peace from these cockroaches who've never done a thing in their lives to come close what she and Ken have achieved.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Jel said:

It's her, ChitChat

Thanks, Jel for confirming that I wasn't crazy!  (Well, that's debatable!)  😉  I was not expecting to see a HW standing amongst the veterans on that stage!  I will check out her FB page and see what the story is.

5 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I've been in a wait-and-see mode with this franchise.  I have been increasingly fast forwarding more and more of each episode, so if this same bunch comes back next season, I know for sure I won't be watching them.  I suspect it's the same with a lot of viewers.  People are recording it, but they're also skipping right through most of it!  Ratings might be okay for now, but I think there's a bunch of folks who will wait and see who is in and who is out next time, and that will be the deciding factor.  I really hate to give this up, but I simply can't watch another season with Rinna and some of the other ladies.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Thanks, Jel for confirming that I wasn't crazy!  (Well, that's debatable!)  😉  I was not expecting to see a HW standing amongst the veterans on that stage!  I will check out her FB page and see what the story is.

I've been in a wait-and-see mode with this franchise.  I have been increasingly fast forwarding more and more of each episode, so if this same bunch comes back next season, I know for sure I won't be watching them.  I suspect it's the same with a lot of viewers.  People are recording it, but they're also skipping right through most of it!  Ratings might be okay for now, but I think there's a bunch of folks who will wait and see who is in and who is out next time, and that will be the deciding factor.  I really hate to give this up, but I simply can't watch another season with Rinna and some of the other ladies.   

Lol, no kidding -- I believe seeing her there is what the kids call "random"!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Jel said:

Lol, no kidding -- I believe seeing her there is what the kids call "random"!

More like a WTF moment!  Seriously though,  finding out that she and her husband organized this trip for a group of veterans and a nurse who served in WWII is very admirable.   I always liked her on the show and was disappointed when they let her go.  Kadooz to her though for this much more important endeavor.   For some reason this 75th anniversary of D-Day has me feeling very emotional.  I hope that our younger generations are being taught just how magnificent and special these veterans are.  What they did was truly astounding.  Courage beyond words.  

• Love 15
18 hours ago, Jel said:

They sometimes can.  And sometimes they don't.  What I do know is that a lot of fans on Twitter claimed they were going to stop watching the pile-on but, as of yet, they haven't.  Or they've been replaced by new viewers.  

Lisa's fans are vocal but so are her detractors; there is a smaller, but equally passionate group of commenters and tweeters who are very vocal in their dislike of her. 

True but what's hidden here is the large portion of the audience (I'm guessing a big majority) who just don't care enough about any of them or who are used to cast changes.  Or who like Lisa but not enough to give up a habit for her.  It's very possible there will be a noticeable dropoff when she's not a part of the show.  I absolutely won't deny that. 

All I can say is that, in spite of claims to the contrary of a current mass exodus, that hasn't happened yet. And in my history of being involved in passionate fan bases, it's pretty rare when that passionate fan base actually causes a ratings decline when something doesn't go the way they'd like or someone leaves. 

13 hours ago, Jextella said:

Does anyone know who writes blind items?

Depends on where they're housed but we did learn that Harvey Weinstein used to feed "blind items" to gossip mongers as revenge for actresses who refused to sleep with him so sourcing for them is usually pretty dubious.  It's a way to spread rumors without the threat of being libel. 

• Love 5

I don't plan to continue watching and the reason is not because LVP likely won't return. I'm not that loyal. The reason is that the rest of the women on this show have become so unlikable to me that I just don't enjoy seeing them. It just appears to me that they are all trying so hard to make it seem as if they are having more fun because LVP is absent. It is coming across as forced. They even make a point to say to each other "wasn't that the most fun?" just in case we don't notice that they are having fun. Makes me shake my head.

This season has brought out the vile and ugly in each of them for different reasons. Very disappointing.

I will continue to read here, though. None of the posters here ever disappoint, even when we don't agree.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

They even make a point to say to each other "wasn't that the most fun?" just in case we don't notice that they are having fun. Makes me shake my head.

That and everyone is Gorrrr-jusssss.   They are so fake in their compliments.  Gag. 

• Love 12
(edited)
20 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

That was very true of me. 

Several times I've declared "I'm done! I'm not going to watch! Especially if so and so is still there." 

Didn't work. When I came back the ones I hated were still there, heck the show was still there.

Nope, didn't work.

I may have skipped a season or two (RHONY), or an episode (canceled my TiVo pass for an episode so viewership numbers would be lower) but I always went back to watching my trash tv trainerecks.

Now I just record and hold off long enough so I can fast forward and skip, LVP, Brandi, Vicki on RHOOC, and a few over the years on RHONJ.

I watch these women and think "Man I have it good!" have a good chuckle and post here.

Doesn't really matter if the show or LVP make more TV or not. When it's over it's over, just like Sopranos or Game of Thrones. We survive and go on to the next thing.

Edited by Giselle
A Hot Now Krispy Kreme in my tummy.
  • Love 7

I have a different experience. The wife and I love trash TV. We were devoted viewers of Jersey and Atlanta. But when they got too toxic we dropped them and never went back. There are too many alternatives to waste your time.

As far as the younger audience I think YouTube and Instagram have stolen a huge portion of the demographic.

In TV terms these shows are a spent force and are on their last legs. 

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I have a different experience. The wife and I love trash TV. We were devoted viewers of Jersey and Atlanta. But when they got too toxic we dropped them and never went back. There are too many alternatives to waste your time.

As far as the younger audience I think YouTube and Instagram have stolen a huge portion of the demographic.

In TV terms these shows are a spent force and are on their last legs. 

That may be true. But that's a different argument from "LVP has so many fans that her leaving the show will cause a mass exodus of fans and the ratings will be in free fall." 

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

That may be true. But that's a different argument from "LVP has so many fans that her leaving the show will cause a mass exodus of fans and the ratings will be in free fall." 

That’s not the argument I am making. My argument is that these shows are at the end of their useful lives  and need to retain all of the audience that they can. I am sure that you will agree that there will is a substantial segment of LVP fans and to purposely enrage and alienate them is not a good move. Slicing off a segment of a dwindling audience is not a good business move. Look at the examples of CNN and ESPN. They have experienced some severe effects from deliberately alienating a portion of the audience. It is just dumb. It is an unforced error. 

If they really wanted to get rid of LVP they could have done it in a different way. They could have asked to step away for a season to grieve. Now there are reports that producers are “miffed” that she is using “grief” as an “excuse.” I know Satan Andy is a monster but this beyond the limits of rational thought. They thought they could use LVP as a punching bag to hide the other cast members vulnerability and the declining relevance of this show.

Satan Andy miscalculated. Badly.

Edited by langford peel
Because I blame Lisa Vanderpump. She is the primary cause of global warming!
  • Love 9
(edited)

It's a circular argument at this point - only time will tell how LVP's absence impacts the show next season (if at all) when viewers will have the benefit of certainty that she will not be involved in any capacity next season moving forward. That said, there are many ways people can forfeit the show but still contribute to the weekly ratings and alternately, there are many ways people can watch the show without their viewership being recognized in any official rating count. The only thing we know with certainty is that there is a public backlash with how the LVP situation was handled but as long as eyeballs are tuning in and the networks are seeing their average numbers, I don't think they'll particularly care how many people are @ing them online. People like LVP and Teresa's time on these shows give people the impression that they are an important cog to their respective franchise's longevity but no one really knows that until the waters have been tested. And sink or swim...who cares? LVP will still be rich and I'm positive there will still be avenues available for her fans to see what she's up to.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2