Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

Wow. Thank you for the info. I understand that taxes need to be paid and there are expenses associated, but honestly I had no idea that they made that much $ on RH shows. No wonder they do such cray cray humiliating things to stay "interesting" or "relevant". That is a nice chunk of income.

I stand corrected  or at least better informed. It all makes more sense to me now.

• Like 5
(edited)

Vicki Gunvalson, and Tamra Judge (before she was fired, and returned) of the OC, Teresa Giudice of NJ, and Nene Leakes of Atlanta were/are earning at least $1 million. Kyle Richards is in this category, more, or less, and Erika Girardi got a considerable raise last season. Porsha Williams (before she left), and Kandi Burruss of Atlanta are in the same bracket, as well.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

I think it was Andy who make the comment about Erika's salary, or it was someone in the know. It was part of a larger conversation about negotiations to keep her on the show once her misdeeds became known.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think it was Andy who make the comment about Erika's salary, or it was someone in the know. It was part of a larger conversation about negotiations to keep her on the show once her misdeeds became known.

I have a hazy memory of Erika claiming that Tom could get mean, but she couldn’t leave him, where would she go? Andy reminded her, “I know what we pay you, Erika….”

• Like 8
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 7
On 4/2/2023 at 7:17 PM, ZettaK said:

Erika Girardi got a considerable raise last season. 

On 4/3/2023 at 10:02 AM, pasdetrois said:

Hmmm.  I'm not part of the "She needs to be fired for her criminal misdeeds!" crowd, but on the other hand - raising her salary to keep a criminal asshole on your show?  Not a good look, Andy 😐

• Like 7
  • Applause 7

hmmm l do recall Andy saying that but I naively had no idea it was that much. I also do wonder about the extent of the perks these women receive. Obviously, I recognize that all their trips and restaurant meals  ( and catered parties) are no doubt comped but how about their wardrobes and make up? Is that likely something separate that each negotiates.

• Like 3

I think there are Bravo makeup artists, and hair stylists at the reunions, and Watch What Happens Live, but the HWs have to pay for their own clothes, and makeup, unless they can negotiate a deal with a designer (most of the respected ones wouldn't agree). I see some HWs promoting designers from Project Runway (like Mike Costello, or Christian Siriano), and other Bravo connected designers, like the brides wear designer Mark Zunino who created wedding dresses for Tamra Judge of the OC HWs, Teresa Giudice of the NJ, and Denise Richards of the BH HWs. I assume the HWs can also negotiate with Bravo about those, but most are compensated enough with their salaries. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 3/10/2023 at 3:43 PM, FlyingEgret said:

When Lisa Vanderpump was on WWHL earlier this week she made a positive comment about Rinna being fired and I swear Andy responded that Rinna was "on pause." After that I unfortunately expect him to bring her back within the next couple of seasons; or sooner if ratings don't rebound...

Andy Cohen hopes that Lisa Rinna is on pause only (it was her own decision according to him), and he wants her to return to the Beverly Hills Housewives.

https://www.celebuzz.com/g/andy-cohen-hopes-that-lisa-rinna-comes-back-to-rhobh/

Also Annemarie Wiley is filming (a photo from Sutton's event with other cast members below- she is with Garcelle), and Cynthia Bailey of the Atlanta HWs, who is probably the supermodel. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-13-everything-we-know/

Screenshot_20230402_021529_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 2/9/2023 at 6:25 PM, chlban said:

A contract cannot be enforced if it violates law. BRAVO cannot put it in their contracts that they cannot sue if another Housewife assaults them because no court would enforce such a contract. They may hope the contract discourages Housewives from pursuing assault claims and some of the dumber ones may fall for it. But it's a basic principal of Law. A drug dealer cannot sue a client for non payment, because the act in question is illegal. I am not sure if Caroline can pursue this criminally, since the crime was committed in another country. Not sure how that works in terms of jurisdiction. But, I would bet money she can sue in civil court regardless of what the BRAVO contract says. Of course, that ends any chance of her ever being hired by BRAVO again and, let's be honest, that is the real reason none of the Housewives have ever pursued the other physical attacks that have happened on screen. However, This definitely tops hair pulling, and glass breaking. This is Sexual Assault. Caroline could win some fans if she pursues this.

Brandi Granville cannot be easily sued/charged in another country. Caroline Manzo would have to ask for criminal charges to be filed in Morocco (after an investigation, etc.). Bravo has binding contracts about cast members suing each other. It can be done (Danielle Staub of the NJ HWs did it, and left), because such contracts are not above the law, but they have to leave the series. Joanna Krupa of the Miami HWs left the show soon after she sued Brandi Granville who was on the Beverly Hills HWs. Mike Darby of the Potomac HWs just sued Candiace Dillard, but he doesn't participate on the show anymore. Others don't bother to sue because the fame is more important than their dignity (or more). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 2/9/2023 at 9:55 AM, SweetieDarling said:

There have been rumors that they do. I assume, if such contracts exist, they would be in place to prevent petty lawsuit shit over hurt feelings. I would expect criminal behavior, especially a physical or sexual assault, would be the exception. Can she sue Bravo for complicity and/or abetting by not stopping the situation and continuing to film?

It must be so embarrassing and humiliating to have the stories plastered on news sites about Brandi "touching her vaginal area" for everyone and their brother to read. Between the jokes muttered under breaths, and the questions Republican you know people are going to want details, I'd hide in my house.

Caroline can try to sue Bravo, and Brandi in the U.S. (a civil case). She was involved (or rather her sons) in an incident where her sons fought with other American tourists from Jersey of all places in the Dominican Republic, at a club because of Teresa Giudice. Bravo was filming the NJ HWs show, but the incident was never shown (it was edited out). The whole NJ cast of that time was in the DR, including Teresa’s parents. Champagne was sprayed by Teresa, and Caroline's sons fought with a group of people nearby. The Manzo sons ended in jail for a week, and their passports were revoked- this was not mentioned in the show either, and editing was "strange" because of it. Those people sued the Manzo sons in New Jersey, requested the Bravo footage, and asked for a specific monetary amount. But Caroline is still involved with Bravo (she was on BravoCon in October, and appeared on WWHL too), so she might not want to cut ties. 

I see that Caroline doesn't want to participate in any Bravo show, including the NJ HWs.

https://pagesix.com/2023/04/10/caroline-manzo-will-never-return-to-housewives-after-ugt/

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
On 2/11/2023 at 2:52 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Former RHoMiami cast member, Joanna Krupa sued Brandi for defamation. Brandi claimed that Joanna (who was engaged) slept with Mohammed Hadid and Hadid said Joanna's "lady parts" smelled like fish (or some other nonsense.) Joanna denied everything and I think they settled out of court -- in Joanna's favor. In any case, Brandi ended up owing Joanna money. I don't remember Brandi's defense, etc. or any specific details like the amount in question.

This all took place nearly 10 years ago, but I am sure you can still Google it. I don't remember how/if Mohammed and/or Bravo also responded. It really didn't involve Bravo as the incident didn't happen on RHoM or RHoBH.

Bravo was not involved, nor M. Hadid because he didn't say anything slanderous against Joanna, Brandi did. 

• Like 2
On 4/6/2023 at 12:45 AM, princelina said:

Hmmm.  I'm not part of the "She needs to be fired for her criminal misdeeds!" crowd, but on the other hand - raising her salary to keep a criminal asshole on your show?  Not a good look, Andy 😐

Whatever keeps ‘em talking and watching….that’s all Andy cares about.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Caroline can try to sue Bravo, and Brandi in the U.S. (a civil case). She was involved (or rather her sons) in an incident where her sons fought with other American tourists from Jersey of all places in the Dominican Republic, at a club because of Teresa Giudice. Bravo was filming the NJ HWs show, but the incident was never shown (it was edited out). The whole NJ cast of that time was in the DR, including Teresa’s parents. Champagne was thrown at Teresa, and Caroline's sons fought with the group of people that did it. Those people sued the Manzo sons in New Jersey, requested the Bravo footage, and asked for a specific monetary amount. But Caroline is still involved with Bravo (she was on BravoCon in October, and appeared on WWHL too), so she might not want to cut ties. 

I see that Caroline doesn't want to participate in any Bravo show, including the NJ HWs.

https://pagesix.com/2023/04/10/caroline-manzo-will-never-return-to-housewives-after-ugt/

Can’t say I blame her.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Others don't bother to sue because the fame is more important than their dignity (or more). 

With Erika as the exception, I don't think any of the RHoBH do this for the money as much as for the fame and even Erika wants the fame more, it's just that now it's her main source of income ever since her criminal underwriter got caught.  

• Like 8

I think that while they definitely want the fame ( I'm a celeb you know) I do think that they are also doing it for the $$. As I said, I thought they got way less so it would be the fame........but after learning how much $ they do get, I'd say it's a toss up. I mean this is after all a decent "job". Maybe it doesn't compare with a role in a movie but how many of them are of that status?

(yes we know Kim and Kyle but we're talking many many many many years ago).

• Like 6
On 4/11/2023 at 1:13 AM, ZettaK said:

Andy Cohen hopes that Lisa Rinna is on pause only (it was her own decision according to him), and he wants her to return to the Beverly Hills Housewives.

https://www.celebuzz.com/g/andy-cohen-hopes-that-lisa-rinna-comes-back-to-rhobh/

Also Annemarie Wiley is filming (a photo from Sutton's event with other cast members below- she is with Garcelle), and Cynthia Bailey of the Atlanta HWs, who is probably the supermodel. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-13-everything-we-know/

Screenshot_20230402_021529_Instagram.jpg

Unflattering shots, for the most part. Just strange looking, especially Kim’s and Sutton’s heads in the middle and bottom frames.

14 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I think that while they definitely want the fame ( I'm a celeb you know) I do think that they are also doing it for the $$. As I said, I thought they got way less so it would be the fame........but after learning how much $ they do get, I'd say it's a toss up. I mean this is after all a decent "job". Maybe it doesn't compare with a role in a movie but how many of them are of that status?

(yes we know Kim and Kyle but we're talking many many many many years ago).

Rinna was a prime example of that. If it weren’t for BH, she’d be a washed-up soap star with her best years behind her. BH was her thirsty attempt to stay relevant, and  probably explains her ridiculous modeling career. Don’t misunderstand, I’m all for second acts in life, but Rinna is taking this to an extreme now that she doesn’t have BH anymore.

But I’d be willing to bet that she will be back at some point.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Unflattering shots, for the most part. Just strange looking, especially Kim’s and Sutton’s heads in the middle and bottom frames.

Rinna was a prime example of that. If it weren’t for BH, she’d be a washed-up soap star with her best years behind her. BH was her thirsty attempt to stay relevant, and  probably explains her ridiculous modeling career. Don’t misunderstand, I’m all for second acts in life, but Rinna is taking this to an extreme now that she doesn’t have BH anymore.

Tamra Judge, Dorinda Medley (there is a second negotiation for the NYC Legacy show), and Phaedra Parks are back on Bravo. Brandi Granville was supposed to be before the incident with Caroline Manzo. So, why not Lisa Rinna, as well? Bravo obviously likes to recycle. 

The shots of the cast look like instant photo booth photos from Sutton's event. I guess we will find out by fall when the show airs. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
21 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Don’t misunderstand, I’m all for second acts in life, but Rinna is taking this to an extreme now that she doesn’t have BH anymore.

Unfortunately, you're probably right...but can only hope that you're wrong. 

I don't mind second acts either, but IMO she's no longer redeemable after the way she treated her so-called friend (Denise) of 20+ years.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

So Mauricio has written a memoir. And well, throwing Rick Hilton under the bus. Not a fan of Mauricio but I understand why he left when he wasn’t made partner, but Mauricio is throwing his brother and sister in law under the bus publicly.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/mauricio-umansky-why-kathy-hilton-was-angry-at-me-kyle-richards/

I won’t be buying that swill 

Mauricio said that the Hiltons became really angry after he left Hilton and Hyland (they didn't expect it, even after he warned them he would), and they cut his whole family off/stopped communicating with them/inviting them to family functions. For many years. This is a fact- every member of both families, and friends verified it. The Hiltons also thought that he might take real estate agents with him to his new agency- he says he wouldn't, and he didn't. They got angrier later, I suspect because his agency became successful.  

Kathy knew already in Aspen (end of January 2022) that Mauricio was offered a Netflix real estate show. I'm sure it didn't help that Jeff Hyland, the co-founder of Hilton and Hyland died of cancer in February 2022, and his widow bought Hilton out of the firm later in the year. Rick Hilton and his son Baron, and daughter-in-law Tessa who worked in H & H (even Nicki did until she got married) said they would create a new agency at the time of a lot of competition in the luxury real estate market, and lower sales. Those can explain Kathy's anger last year.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

So Mauricio has written a memoir. And well, throwing Rick Hilton under the bus. Not a fan of Mauricio but I understand why he left when he wasn’t made partner, but Mauricio is throwing his brother and sister in law under the bus publicly.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/mauricio-umansky-why-kathy-hilton-was-angry-at-me-kyle-richards/

I won’t be buying that swill 

Agree with you. Whether you’re a fan of his or not, unless I’m missing something, who can blame Mauricio for wanting to further his career? But I don’t know if this book was a great idea. There’s already so much family tension. Mauricio and Kyle are already so rich, it’s not like they need this book out for money. 

What I want to know is if Mauricio addresses his allegedly shady real estate dealings, but I doubt it. I wish that were cleared up because I always liked Mauricio otherwise. Never thought he was a cheater. Think he seems like a great husband and father. Really admire how he and Kyle raised their girls. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Agree with you. Whether you’re a fan of his or not, unless I’m missing something, who can blame Mauricio for wanting to further his career? But I don’t know if this book was a great idea. There’s already so much family tension. Mauricio and Kyle are already so rich, it’s not like they need this book out for money. 

My first thought was don’t air your family’s dirty laundry for everyone to see.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
On 4/2/2023 at 12:57 PM, realityplease said:

Depends on what you think is "that much."  I've read (& can't remember where) that Bravo pays Erika $600,000 a yr, most of the others $500,000 a yr & Denise was contracted at $1 mil or more (creating immediate jealousy among the others.) 

I'd say half a mil or more paid steadily to a bunch of mostly idiotic, cackling, screaming, drinking, semi-illiterate middle-aged "actresses" is quite a bit - in addition to whatever they haul in for endorsements, appearances, or side gigs or the opportunity for free advertising of any products they want to hawk or husbands' businesses they want to tout.

Denise did an interview recently and said she's making a ton of money off OnlyFans. Larsa from Miami has said the same thing. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 4/14/2023 at 8:19 PM, Stats Queen said:

My first thought was don’t air your family’s dirty laundry for everyone to see.

Except that it's not like he said anything that anyone who would read his book doesn't already know 😃

• Like 4
On 1/20/2023 at 10:09 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Hahaha   I hope so.  I think even the "morallycorruptFayeResnick"  has given up on that idea.

I think that ship sailed after the blowback she got on her guest Housewife blog (I seem to remember that the Ho-Wives used to publish blogs and take comments but after the Faye disaster it was only a matter of time before the comments were disabled and the blogs disappeared completely.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Though Girardi was not mentioned by name, an award at the Nerd Ball (The White House Correspondents Dinner) went to the two L.A. Times journalists who reported on the story of "an attorney" (Tom Girardi) who took client funds to buy "his wife" (Erika Girardi not mentioned by name) $750,000 diamond earrings and his "appellate judge mistress" (also not mentioned by name) a $350,000 condo.

In fact, the journalists had only to follow the bankruptcy action docket & read the notices issued by the California State Bar as to its re-formulated procedures & investigation. THEY didn't have to dig deep (the attorneys suing Girardi & the Bankruptcy trustee did that) but DID report on what others did & brought the story to the public.  Giving them credit as the REASON for change at the State Bar was a bit much - but credit for their articles was deserved. 

If a national news group sees how egregious Tom's behavior (and Erika's taking advantage of it) was -- and out of the entire nation of reporters, selects for awards those who report on it -- how can Bravo, having permitted Tom to use RHONY as a client-attracting tool, permit Erika to continue to use Bravo as a forum to re-write history as to Tom's conduct & put a PR spin on her benefit from it?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, realityplease said:

If a national news group sees how egregious Tom's behavior (and Erika's taking advantage of it) was -- and out of the entire nation of reporters, selects for awards those who report on it -- how can Bravo, having permitted Tom to use RHONY as a client-attracting tool, permit Erika to continue to use Bravo as a forum to re-write history as to Tom's conduct & put a PR spin on her benefit from it?

Bravo (or at least Andy) don't care if their cast are criminals;  the more scandal the better.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
(edited)

The Los Angeles Times reports that the expert retained on behalf of the government, Diana Goldstein, who evaluated Tom Girardi for competence to stand trial in Los Angeles (he's been criminally indicted in both Los Angeles & Chicago) has issued her report & determined that Girardi is competent to stand trial.  Based out of Chicago, Goldstein is purportedly an expert on malingerers who try to fake dementia.  Goldstein's report has been filed under seal with the court (meaning not available to the public.)

The public defenders who represent Girardi in the Los Angeles matter also retained experts (reportedly not one, but two) to examine Girardi.  Their findings have not been made public.  No doubt they'll say Girardi isn't competent. A hearing on this issue is set for August 3, 2023, before the federal judge assigned to the case.

The State Bar in their state bar investigation into Girardi's misdeeds had earlier attempted to have Girardi examined for competence. That judge, however, simply accepted a declaration from a psychiatrist or psychologist who wasn't even a geriatric dementia specialist, appointed Girardi's brother as Tom's conservator, accepted Girardi's claim of incompetence, and denied the Bar's request for further examination & evaluation.  Eventually, Girardi was disbarred by the State Bar.

In the meantime, a  bankruptcy trustee gathered assets & wrested the $750k diamond earrings from Erika. Several civil complaints were filed against Girardi & Erika.  Criminal indictments brought against Girardi, a son-in-law (who practiced with Tom) & Girardi's firm CFO (who is accused of having a side-fraud in addition to assisting Girardi in raiding client trust accounts to fund GIrardi's lifestyle.

The battle now turns to whether there are competing expert opinions, and whether the court will or won't determine that Girardi is competent, & therefore, stand trial on the criminal indictments & testify in his own defense.  Girardi was, apparently, still managing affairs at his law firm until the day the bankruptcy trustee filed & the firm dissolved.  Just a month prior, Tom gave a videotaped ABA interview & also moderated a complex litigation panel. His defense has insisted, however, that progression was quick & he's medicated for dementia. (However, there is no medication that reliably works to reverse - at best, progression is slowed in some -but not in all or even in many. There's a new drug not yet marketed.)

Should be interesting.  If he's competent, Erika should be able to more easily complete divorce proceedings - in limbo since 2020.  However, since a wife has the right not to testify against her husband, or he has the right to block her testimony, perhaps the divorce limbo was more about potential testimony issues than any financial considerations.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 13
(edited)

Anybody know, or care to make a guess, as to when Beverly Hills is returning for their new season ?

Just to recap, as of June 2023:

NJ - Just ended

OC - just started

Atlanta - currently mid-season

Bev Hills - ?

NY - the new one - premiering in July.

NY - Legacy - ?

Potomac - usually back in the fall, right ?

Dubai - did they kill that awful one off ? One and done, like DC?

Dallas - they should re-tool and give it another chance. It died because of Covid limited filming. And the firing of the racist blonde what's-her-name. Then sadly the interesting new Asian American doctor left the cast. 

That's all I got. I am bored today. Thanks for any input. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’ve been binging RHONY, but it would be nice to watch a current Housewife season again. My cities are all on hiatus. 

It would be nice to watch any current Housewife season and be entertained. None of them are entertaining any more.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 6/18/2023 at 2:45 PM, Bossa Nova said:

Anybody know, or care to make a guess, as to when Beverly Hills is returning for their new season ?

Just to recap, as of June 2023:

NJ - Just ended

OC - just started

Atlanta - currently mid-season

Bev Hills - ?

NY - the new one - premiering in July.

NY - Legacy - ?

Potomac - usually back in the fall, right ?

Dubai - did they kill that awful one off ? One and done, like DC?

Dallas - they should re-tool and give it another chance. It died because of Covid limited filming. And the firing of the racist blonde what's-her-name. Then sadly the interesting new Asian American doctor left the cast. 

That's all I got. I am bored today. Thanks for any input. 

Beverly Hills will air some time in fall (November?), at least six months after filming ended. 

Dubai filmed a second season.

Miami S5 started airing on Bravo (after Peacock) yesterday (two episodes).

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 6/12/2023 at 11:24 PM, realityplease said:

The Los Angeles Times reports that the expert retained on behalf of the government, Diana Goldstein, who evaluated Tom Girardi for competence to stand trial in Los Angeles (he's been criminally indicted in both Los Angeles & Chicago) has issued her report & determined that Girardi is competent to stand trial.  Based out of Chicago, Goldstein is purportedly an expert on malingerers who try to fake dementia.  Goldstein's report has been filed under seal with the court (meaning not available to the public.)

The public defenders who represent Girardi in the Los Angeles matter also retained experts (reportedly not one, but two) to examine Girardi.  Their findings have not been made public.  No doubt they'll say Girardi isn't competent. A hearing on this issue is set for August 3, 2023, before the federal judge assigned to the case.

The State Bar in their state bar investigation into Girardi's misdeeds had earlier attempted to have Girardi examined for competence. That judge, however, simply accepted a declaration from a psychiatrist or psychologist who wasn't even a geriatric dementia specialist, appointed Girardi's brother as Tom's conservator, accepted Girardi's claim of incompetence, and denied the Bar's request for further examination & evaluation.  Eventually, Girardi was disbarred by the State Bar.

In the meantime, a  bankruptcy trustee gathered assets & wrested the $750k diamond earrings from Erika. Several civil complaints were filed against Girardi & Erika.  Criminal indictments brought against Girardi, a son-in-law (who practiced with Tom) & Girardi's firm CFO (who is accused of having a side-fraud in addition to assisting Girardi in raiding client trust accounts to fund GIrardi's lifestyle.

The battle now turns to whether there are competing expert opinions, and whether the court will or won't determine that Girardi is competent, & therefore, stand trial on the criminal indictments & testify in his own defense.  Girardi was, apparently, still managing affairs at his law firm until the day the bankruptcy trustee filed & the firm dissolved.  Just a month prior, Tom gave a videotaped ABA interview & also moderated a complex litigation panel. His defense has insisted, however, that progression was quick & he's medicated for dementia. (However, there is no medication that reliably works to reverse - at best, progression is slowed in some -but not in all or even in many. There's a new drug not yet marketed.)

Should be interesting.  If he's competent, Erika should be able to more easily complete divorce proceedings - in limbo since 2020.  However, since a wife has the right not to testify against her husband, or he has the right to block her testimony, perhaps the divorce limbo was more about potential testimony issues than any financial considerations.

I mentioned a long time ago that Girardi was "diagnosed" with dementia by a doctor of his own choosing, so I'm not surprised by this.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

I mentioned a long time ago that Girardi was "diagnosed" with dementia by a doctor of his own choosing. 

That diagnosis was for the initial State Bar proceeding that was convened to take away Tom's bar license.  At that time, over objection, the state bar court judge accepted that doctor as an expert & accepted the diagnosis. Tom's brother was appointed as Tom's conservator.  Ultimately, Tom was disbarred.

These new current competency hearings are even more significant.  They arise out of the two criminal indictments (one filed in Los Angeles federal court and another in an Illinois federal court.)  They concern whether Tom is able to stand trial - essentially, whether he is able to testify & to participate in his own defense. The government expert, an psychiatric expert in dementia & in malingering, after examination & testing, has found that Tom IS competent. 

Tom reportedly retained not one but two doctors (at taxpayer expense, as are his court-appointed counsel since he is bankrupt) and they will no doubt testify that he is not competent.  And the judge will have to decide.  I believe the hearing on this issue is around August 3 or so.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, realityplease said:

That diagnosis was for the initial State Bar proceeding that was convened to take away Tom's bar license.  At that time, over objection, the state bar court judge accepted that doctor as an expert & accepted the diagnosis. Tom's brother was appointed as Tom's conservator.  Ultimately, Tom was disbarred.

These new current competency hearings are even more significant.  They arise out of the two criminal indictments (one filed in Los Angeles federal court and another in an Illinois federal court.)  They concern whether Tom is able to stand trial - essentially, whether he is able to testify & to participate in his own defense. The government expert, an psychiatric expert in dementia & in malingering, after examination & testing, has found that Tom IS competent. 

Tom reportedly retained not one but two doctors (at taxpayer expense, as are his court-appointed counsel since he is bankrupt) and they will no doubt testify that he is not competent.  And the judge will have to decide.  I believe the hearing on this issue is around August 3 or so.

I meant that I was suspicious of the diagnosis and didn't exactly believe it. So, this is not surprising to me, and others.

I also think that Tom Girardi had a plan that included a dementia diagnosis (he was already older, and this was not the first time this was tried). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4

Kyle's finally going to get the attention she's been begging for...only not the way she wants. 

I hope these women get on her neck. (of course, Erika and Dorit won't) 

Great to see glimpses of Denise, Camille, Kim and Ms. Cynthia Bailey. 

ETA: @MaggieG great minds think alike! 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

Kyle's finally going to get the attention she's been begging for...only not the way she wants. 

I hope these women get on her neck. (of course, Erika and Dorit won't) 

Great to see glimpses of Denise, Camille, Kim and Ms. Cynthia Bailey. 

The fact Erika tried to drag Denise about her onlyfans when she couldn’t give her fucking tickets away for her residency for $7 is truly Karma working it’s magic and I kinda live for that 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Trailer is here!! Not going to lie, I'm kind of loving Denise calling Erika an evil woman. Lots of Mo and Kyle marriage drama.

I am legit excited for this season. With RHONY I was cautiously optimistic but not excited. This is the first housewives trailer that I've gasped out loud while watching since LVP was on the show.

There is so much to unpack. Omg somebody finally called Erika evil. 

Normally I wouod laugh and roll my eyes that Kyle is crying *again* but it really is kind of sad. I feel bad for their kids. What the hell though that after all these years and rumors that they're finally acknowledging the Mauricio cheating rumors. I feel like LVP is going have a viewing party at some point this season. 

Did I spot Kim Richards and was she drinking? Lord help us. 

I gasped out loud at the part where Garcelle is having that conversation with her son. That was brutal. It's one thing to get digs from the ladies but when you're getting criticism from your kid that has to be hard. 

Wow, I am all in on this season. 

• Like 12
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The fact Erika tried to drag Denise about her onlyfans when she couldn’t give her fucking tickets away for her residency for $7 is truly Karma working it’s magic and I kinda live for that 

The absolute gall of Ozempika, but Karma doesn't miss and she got hers with her flop show.

Not sure if this is accurate, but I hope it's true:

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Denise Richards is my hero!

cannot wait for this season to start. 

I'm looking forward to what Annemarie Wiley will bring to the show.

W00t! Time to pull up a chair.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1