Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

On 1/5/2019 at 12:42 PM, CherryMalotte said:

So...it's two cats down now.  I had mentioned I had to take my dad's cat in for the last trip the day after X-mas (awful) but then middle of this past week was our turn with our old gray tabby boy.  Horrible....and this even though he was ready to go.  I was working so I didn't take him, but he had Mr and Mini Malotte with him.  The house is so quiet now without him yodeling and getting grumpy with the young one we have.  

I'm so sorry for you loss. My nearly 19 year-old is curled up on my lap right now and I know the day is coming before too long. I thought last Christmas would be her last with us, though, and I was wrong. I have yodelling kitties, too, so I totally empathize with that piece.

@jjane, I'm so happy to hear your husband is doing better.

I was on a message board in the 80s (yes, I'm old and a nerd from way back) and we had a meet-up where we all introduced ourselves by screen name. My husband was on the same board, but we already knew each other in real life then (and did not marry until decades later).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

@Scarlett45, we are the same height and shoe size, with the same taste in shoes. I have 6 pairs of the Cole Haan Nike wedges and treat them like the precious commodity they are. I will be so sad when they die. 

I adore those and need to replace my black summer peep toe Cole Hagan wedges. I’ve worn them into the ground and am finding the new version to be lacking. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Catfin said:

I adore those and need to replace my black summer peep toe Cole Hagan wedges. I’ve worn them into the ground and am finding the new version to be lacking. 

I had a pair of beige peep toe wedge cole Haans I wore TO DEATH, mostly to summer weddings, because I could dance in them and walk all day. They died about two years ago? And have yet to replace them. 😢 Nothing has measured up. 

• Love 1
On 1/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, doodlebug said:

I’ve got a friend who is 4’11” and wears a size 5 shoe.  She had a PhD in special ed and, years ago,worked in the office of disabled students at a prominent university.  She did a lot of speaking on the topic at various seminars and conferences representing the university.  She needed business suits and pumps for these things and had a helluva time finding them.  She would often buy the smallest suit she could find and have a dressmaker take it apart and cut it down to her size. Shoes that didn’t look like childrens’ styles were practically impossible to find.  When she would find professional looking shoes that fit,  she’d buy a couple of pairs in every color because she never knew when she’d find them again.  She was glad to leave academia and wardrobe headaches behind.

I’m 5’4” and wear a sized 9 shoes.  Between heel spurs, bunions, arthritis and hip and knee replacements; finding comfortable shoes that aren’t too ‘old lady’ has become very time consuming.  I’ve got dozens of shoes that seemed comfortable at first, but weren’t over the long haul.  Closets full. I wear sneakers a lot, even at work.  I figure if Ellen DeGeneres can do it, so can I.  Skechers seem to work best for me.

I worked in a hospital for 31 years and ran my feet off as an x-ray tech.  I have honestly worn Brooks Addiction running shoes for 29 years.  They are expensive and I buy 3 pairs at a time, every 10 to 12 months.  One pair for work and two pairs that I alternate for my daily 4 mile outside walks.

I have had bad bunions on both feet since I was 20 and I have never worn high heels or tight shoes.  9 1/2 wide. Last May, due to the left bunion having arthritis and beginning to dislocate, I had metatarsal phalange fusion.  Now,  7 months later, I'm back to doing everything like hiking and line dancing.  My problem is the surgery foot is now still slightly thicker in depth than my right foot.  Running shoes are fine but none of my other shoes fit my left foot.

I recently purchased Ortho Feet shoes in a Mary Jane, that I can wear when my Brooks running shoes just won't do.  These shoes have removable inserts that I keep in for my right foot, and I remove them for my surgery foot, giving me more depth.  I guess they look rather like nun shoes but they are comfortable.

• Love 7
On 1/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, allonsyalice said:

I’m five feet, half and inch! I havent grown since i was 12. Its been a solid ten years. 

I also stopped growing in height by age 12!  I was 5'7" @12 years and 5' 5 1/2" now at 61!  I'm growing backwards due to spine degeneration and hip arthritis.

• Love 2

They are expensive and I buy 3 pairs at a time, every 10 to 12 months.  One pair for work and two pairs that I alternate for my daily 4 mile outside walks.

Alternating shoes was something my podiatrist strongly recommended.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I am glad you found SAS. That is where I work and we can fit a lot of people. I am not saying they are super cute although we have gotten better in the past few years.

18 hours ago, zoomama said:

i love SAS shoes!  i have a couple pairs and want a couple more in different colors. otherwise, its 100% sketchers tennies for me all day, everyday. have had two surgeries on my feet (bunions) and have sadly gained 100 pounds so my feet really pay the price!

15 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

They are a hand crafted leather shoe made here in the U.S., they do cost a lot of money but if you have foot pain they are worth it. Again I hope I have not offended you we all have different needs and not everyone needs this level of comfort.

@Crazycatlady, it is so cool to find an SAS employee here. I remember seeing SAS shoes a few decades ago, and didn't much like the styles. But now there's an SAS store in a nice shopping center in this area. I went in there a couple of months ago. Sort of a desperation move, really. About three years ago the orthopedic surgeons I consulted about my feet, advised me to wear rocker-sole type shoes that reduce pressure on the forefoot. I found shoes by Hoka One One with that kind of structure, which feel like heaven and look they were hit with the ugly stick. Really, they look as big and clunky as the boxes they're packed in. I would joke, "I might as well wear the shoeboxes as far as the look goes." And to borrow (I think) @Happyfatchick's words, I almost look L-shaped with those things on my feet, lol. OTOH I don't have to look at myself when wearing them so they're a permanent part of my wardrobe.

But, I wanted a more attractive walking shoe that could "pass" for office wear and "nice casual" wear, but still was as comfortable and supportive as the Hokas. 

Bingo! First, I discovered that the SAS line now has attractive styles, and a bigger range of styles than I'd expected. And they have a shoe with that same kind of rocker tech that doesn't look like a men's Size 14 on my feetz!! I bought the Walk Easy in black and liked it so much I got another pair in Indigo (had a discount coupon IIRC).  I took the Hokas with me for a 9 day trip to London along with the SAS. My Fitbit sez I walked 4 to 7 miles a day while I was there, and almost all of it in the SAS shoes. Which surprised me because as I said, the Hokas are super comfortable and supportive, really the gold standard for me in that regard. I'm happy to support US manufacturing, too.

@jjane - thanks for the update about your husband. I'm glad he's doing better. Best wishes for both of you.

@CherryMalotte, I'm sorry about the kitties. I've almost never lived without a dog and/or cat (or two or three) around the house and I understand the loss when they go.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 2

I don’t know if it’s okay to ask this, but not being American I don’t really understand the partial government shutdown and was wondering if anyone could explain it to me and how it affects everyday life for people.

if it’s not okay to ask, I’m happy for this post to be deleted 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Totally said:

I don’t know if it’s okay to ask this, but not being American I don’t really understand the partial government shutdown and was wondering if anyone could explain it to me and how it affects everyday life for people.

For everyday folks it could mean longer lines at government buildings and airports. It could mean federal tax refunds will come late. It could mean anyone getting a federally supported mortgage won't be able to close on their home. If it goes on to long it could trickle down and effect folks who receive SSI, SSDI, food stamps and subsidized housing.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, Totally said:

As noted above, it isn't affecting most of us very much at all which is why it hasn't ended sooner.  As the name implies, the budget that didn't get passed was for only certain parts of the government; so lots of government agencies including stuff like mail, is not affected.  There are some people, like the TSA, who are required to work without a paycheck because their work is considered essential, however, it is now being reported that many of these people are calling in sick because they haven't been paid; so that could lead to long lines and delays at airports which would cause a lot of public outcry and perhaps get the politicians to act.  The national parks are open, mainly because there was a huge outcry when they closed in prior shutdowns.  However basic services like trash removal and maintenance of restrooms and such are not happening except when volunteers pitch in.  There is no one enforcing the rules for parking, people are taking their vehicles off the roads and through the parks and the campgrounds are having problems because there is no one to collect rent or keep track of reservations, so people are just piling into the campgrounds wherever they want.  No admission is being charged at the national parks, either, so the government is losing that income.  I understand that multiple national parks have closed their campgrounds to everyone which is obviously going to mess up a lot of people's plans.  

Most of us think that one of the reasons this particular shut down happened is because the politicians knew it wouldn't have much immediate impact on the average American and, so far, that has been the case.  Soon, things like medical benefits, services for the poor, etc, will be affected as those departments run out of funds (a lot of them set aside some rainy day money knowing how the politicians work, especially the current office holders).  We'll see what happens.

• Love 9

I’ve been through a federal shutdown with my husband as the employee. He’s retired now, and my ex, so I have no clue how this one is hitting  him. I’ve been through a state shutdown with myself as the employee. It sucked all around.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4

I also missed one or two paychecks during a previous government shutdown.  I worked for the VA hospital and, of course I still had to work my shifts. We were given form letters to give to our banks about late mortgage payments.

Eventually, we all got back pay, without interest.  It was scary, but shortly after, Congress passed a law stating the VA health care system would never again be involved in a shutdown.

• Love 5

I didn’t realise people were having to work without pay, that’s a hard hit to take with rent and mortgages and just general living 

I’m sorry for all those affected and truly sorry for bringing it up on here. I didn’t mean to be insensitive.

• Love 4

Eventually, we all got back pay, without interest.  It was scary, but shortly after, Congress passed a law stating the VA health care system would never again be involved in a shutdown.

This is a perfect example of how our talks here provide much needed info!  I was a bit worried since my dad has shortly another round of VA visits and surgery upcoming (which I am not looking forward to) not knowing how the shutdown would affect those services.  I didn't know about the law - thanks! 

I’m sorry for all those affected and truly sorry for bringing it up on here. I didn’t mean to be insensitive.

You are asking an honest question, it's not insensitive at all.  

Thanks for the kind thoughts about our Little Man.  Mr and Mini Malotte are picking up his ashes tomorrow when they take one of our other beasties in for a vet visit.  The house has been incredibly quiet today, it's almost unnerving.  I miss that gray mutated tabby, with ultra green glowing eyes.  No cat has been a better mouser, even if he left his...accomplishments in places I wish he hadn't.  I came down early one Sunday to discover he'd decorated the bathroom horror film mouse splatter style.  Oh man, it was beyond gross and while I can usually stomach yucky stuff my yelp brought the husband down to do CSI scene mouse clean up.  He always made me think of the B Kliban cat drawing of 'love to eat them mousies...' - to the whisker.

• Love 8

A high percentage of people in my area are affected. In many cases both adults or a single head of household are fed employees, so currently have no income. Bills are due. Childcare centers in federal buildings are closed, and people don’t have daycare. Not to mention work that needs to be done isn’t happening or people are doing it on their own time to see that important projects stay on track. Workers are continuing to care for the national zoo’s animals without pay. There was an article about how it’s affecting the national park system in this weekend ‘s Washington Post. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

He always made me think of the B Kliban cat drawing of 'love to eat them mousies...' - to the whisker.

Ha! I used to have an apron with that cat, complete with him tossing a mouse in a skillet.  The song he was singing:  

Love to eat them mousies,
Mousies what I love to eat.
Bite they little heads off,
Nibble on they tiny feet.

Thanks for the memory :)

Edited by HeyNow
wanted to add the song...hi-larious!
  • Love 2

Hi  Guys, just a little update. Brought husband home yesterday. He's still in a lot of pain, which the surgeons say is par for the course with extensive abdominal surgery. He has a gnarly scar, or scars because they attempted to remove his prostate before they found all the scar tissue and adhesions from his previous cancer surgery . He has antibiotics and oxycodone that I have to supervise, which I will gladly do to have him home.  They already called to set up radiation but I am still leaning heavily toward getting a second opinion.

Now, can I vent? I have literally spent years moving into hospital with both my parents, the aforementioned husband, and various other relatives. This has been the worst. It's the VA Hospital in  New Orleans. This building is not user friendly. It is huge and everybody has to park in a garage at the end and walk forever to the various units. Guess where the hospital is. You got I! At the very end. This thing is blocks long. If a spouse is staying with someone he or she has to pack it all to the room alone. There are no carts, no porters, nothing. I brought a weeks worth of stuff up. The cafeteria closes at 2 and to get food that is fresh and not a congealed mess, I was told to go down by 11:30, meaning no food after 11:30. I'm 60 and I look pretty good but I've got fibromyalgia, nine bulging discs, carpal tunnel, hip and knee problems. I'll stop there. Most days I did not feel good enough to walk all the way to the car and go out and get food. Most nights I ate peanut butter and crackers. Then there is  the fact that the cafeteria doesn't even open on weekends. I had a migraine most of the weekend, so no driving. Oh, did I mention the dry eye? Yeah, really messes up the driving sometimes.  I'm glad I'm not like the little old lady in her 80"s I met. Luckily her daughter was with her help with her husband and make sure she had food and whatever she needed. They even brought me food this weekend. 

Second installment------hospital or pick spot?

Edited by jjane
mispelling
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, jjane said:

HI Guys, just a little update. Brough husband home yesterday. He's still in a lot of pain, which the surgeons say is par for the course with extensive abdominal surgery. He has a gnarly scar, or scars because they attempted to remove his prostate before they found all the scar tissue and adhesions from his previous cancer surgery . He has antibiotics and oxycodone that I have to supervise, which I will gladly do to have him home.  They already called to set up radiation but I am still leaning heavily toward getting a second opinion.

Now, can I vent? I have literally spent years moving into hospital with both my parents, the aforementioned husband, and various other relatives. This has been the worst. It's the VA Hospital in  New Orleans. This building is not user friendly. It is huge and everybody has to park in a garage at the end and walk forever to the various units. Guess where the hospital is. You got I! At the very end. This thing is blocks long. If a spouse is staying with someone he or she has to pack it all to the room alone. There are no carts, no porters, nothing. I brought a weeks worth of stuff up. The cafeteria closes at 2 and to get food that is fresh and not a congealed mess, I was told to go down by 11:30, meaning no food after 11:30. I'm 60 and I look pretty good but I've got fibromyalgia, nine bulging discs, carpal tunnel, hip and knee problems. I'll stop there. Most days I did not feel good enough to walk all the way to the car and go out and get food. Most nights I ate peanut butter and crackers. Then there is  the fact that the cafeteria doesn't even open on weekends. I had a migraine most of the weekend, so no driving. Oh, did I mention the dry eye? Yeah, really messes up the driving sometimes.  I'm glad I'm not like the little old lady in her 80"s I met. Luckily her daughter was with her help with her husband and make sure she had food and whatever she needed. They even brought me food this weekend. 

Second installment------hospital or pick spot?

Well your venting is certainly appropriate.  I wonder if there are any social services in that hospital that could connect patient families to outside help.  What a mess. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that on top of a sick husband.  A second opinion never hurts.  

• Love 6

@jjane, I'm glad your husband is home, but I'm so sorry your experience at the VA hospital was so uncomfortable. It infuriates me that VA hospitals and care is so poor. These should be state-of-the-art buildings with the best patient and family care in the country to compensate for the service our veterans have given us. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m super hungry today. I already ate my lunch and it’s only noon here. I had Mac & cheese with broccoli because I am 5. (Homemade)

Great minds think alike! I made homemade Mac and cheese last night too, and mannn, I'm looking forward to leftovers tonight!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Great minds think alike! I made homemade Mac and cheese last night too, and mannn, I'm looking forward to leftovers tonight!

Macaroni and cheese is one of my spirit animals.

• Love 6

While I'm on a roll. About the pickup spot thing. This is the loudest hospital I've ever been in. Instead of putting the nurses' station in the middle and having the rooms radiate out from it, which is the way most of them in Baton Rouge were, this ne has small desks for one or two down the hall. Now, if your nurse was stationed at the desk outside your room, that would be great. But they're not. Your nurse might be four desks down, so if you look out to tell her you need something she is way down the hall and let's just say the people who answer when you call the nurse aren't very good at relaying messages. Now, before I bitch any further, my mother was a Registered Nurse who didn't retire until she was 75 because she loved it so much. My sister was also one and she finally had to retire on disability because she blew out her knees. I know how hard they work and what  they have to put up with. When he was in ICU for two days his nursing care was excellent: caring, attentive, only concerned with their patient. We even had one nurse who sat at the bedside to keep him from taking out his ventilator tube. Every time he raised his hand to do it she put it back down and said "No baby, you can't". A lot more patience than I have. When they stepped him down and moved him to the surgery floor, everything changed. Calls took forever to be answered, machines went off anytime he moved and it took forever to get someone in there to turn off the alarm. At night, everything was done at a different time. Vitals several times a night, blood work at 4, checked his sugar several times a night, but not at the same time as the vitals or the blood work. No, she had her own schedule. Then there's the fact that this place had the loudest doors you ever see. I thought they were slamming them but that's just the way they sound when you shut them. Plus they have full glass so the bright light from the hall comes in all night. They come in and put on the bright lights even if what they have to do could be done with the dim ones. But the really annoying thing was the acoustics.  You hear everything the nurses said outside, plus they apparently thought yelling at each other rather than getting up and walking down the hall was appropriate. Annoying during the day, horrible at night. If they wanted to show something on you tube or whatever, they just played it, at full volume, at two in the morning. One of the nurse techs liked to walk down the hall singing. But the one that takes the cake, the time, at 1:30 in the morning, when a guy from another unit came over and made himself at home across from our room. He proceed to tell the lamest jokes at high volume and the three females with him erupted in squeals of laughter. Seriously, I thought I was in a bar at happy hour. Not once did anyone say keep it down. Now, I know this is their workplace and you have to communicate, but have a little consideration for the patients trying to sleep so they can get well. I can't tell you how happy I was to get home to my quiet house. Ok, I'm climbing off the bitch box now, Have a great day.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, jjane said:

While I'm on a roll. About the pickup spot thing. This is the loudest hospital I've ever been in. Instead of putting the nurses' station in the middle and having the rooms radiate out from it, which is the way most of them in Baton Rouge were, this ne has small desks for one or two down the hall. Now, if your nurse was stationed at the desk outside your room, that would be great. But they're not. Your nurse might be four desks down, so if you look out to tell her you need something she is way down the hall and let's just say the people who answer when you call the nurse aren't very good at relaying messages. Now, before I bitch any further, my mother was a Registered Nurse who didn't retire until she was 75 because she loved it so much. My sister was also one and she finally had to retire on disability because she blew out her knees. I know how hard they work and what  they have to put up with. When he was in ICU for two days his nursing care was excellent: caring, attentive, only concerned with their patient. We even had one nurse who sat at the bedside to keep him from taking out his ventilator tube. Every time he raised his hand to do it she put it back down and said "No baby, you can't". A lot more patience than I have. When they stepped him down and moved him to the surgery floor, everything changed. Calls took forever to be answered, machines went off anytime he moved and it took forever to get someone in there to turn off the alarm. At night, everything was done at a different time. Vitals several times a night, blood work at 4, checked his sugar several times a night, but not at the same time as the vitals or the blood work. No, she had her own schedule. Then there's the fact that this place had the loudest doors you ever see. I thought they were slamming them but that's just the way they sound when you shut them. Plus they have full glass so the bright light from the hall comes in all night. They come in and put on the bright lights even if what they have to do could be done with the dim ones. But the really annoying thing was the acoustics.  You hear everything the nurses said outside, plus they apparently thought yelling at each other rather than getting up and walking down the hall was appropriate. Annoying during the day, horrible at night. If they wanted to show something on you tube or whatever, they just played it, at full volume, at two in the morning. One of the nurse techs liked to walk down the hall singing. But the one that takes the cake, the time, at 1:30 in the morning, when a guy from another unit came over and made himself at home across from our room. He proceed to tell the lamest jokes at high volume and the three females with him erupted in squeals of laughter. Seriously, I thought I was in a bar at happy hour. Not once did anyone say keep it down. Now, I know this is their workplace and you have to communicate, but have a little consideration for the patients trying to sleep so they can get well. I can't tell you how happy I was to get home to my quiet house. Ok, I'm climbing off the bitch box now, Have a great day.

We moved from Baton Rouge 3 years ago after living there since 1975. We have a lot of experience with the hospitals there too. That doesn’t sound like a positive thing though. We are in metro Atlanta now and sadly have experience with several hospitals. Wouldn’t it be funny If we knew each other?

5 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I would quickly like to throw this conversation back a couple weeks ago when we were discussing green velvet dresses. Im wearing mine out for the first time tonight and ...yes. (The lighting in my apartment is terrible, sorry!) (also note im wearing a waist cincher because....obviously.)

06D480D4-AF34-46D7-9283-ED85CECC9868.jpeg

Well, from what I can see, you are looking sexy as all get-out. And I doubt that anyone who has collar-bones like yours is in any real dire need of a waist-cincher! Way to go!

• Love 15
15 hours ago, HeyNow said:

Ha! I used to have an apron with that cat, complete with him tossing a mouse in a skillet.  The song he was singing:  

Love to eat them mousies,
Mousies what I love to eat.
Bite they little heads off,
Nibble on they tiny feet.

Thanks for the memory :)

When our neighbors were renovating their basement, we got an infestation of their displaced mice. I have no idea which cat it was but I woke up to a tableau of the French Revolution in miniature. No guillotine but every mouse was headless. At least a dozen and I noticed because I stepped on one then screamed, jumped away, and landed on another. I didn't notice if they were feetless, our cats definitely think heads are the best part.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I would quickly like to throw this conversation back a couple weeks ago when we were discussing green velvet dresses. Im wearing mine out for the first time tonight and ...yes. (The lighting in my apartment is terrible, sorry!) (also note im wearing a waist cincher because....obviously.)

Gorgeous!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

Love the dress, you have a beautiful figure!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

You look beautiful!!! Where are you going in it?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

At first I thought this was a stock photo!  You must be a model!

• Love 2

Y'all, I knew this would make some of you laugh! I was on OkCupid last night, and I found the funniest profile ever! The guy was slightly dorky, but not bad looking; I would have gone out with him before I ready the profile lol!

• He is a vegetarian, and says at minimum, he will have a meat free household (I wonder what "at maximum" would be...no food except oranges?)
  • he will not date a smoker, and was very intense about it (to be fair a lot of people won't, myself included, but it does ask about that, so you don't have to state it like an asshole like he did)
  • His life goal is to build a tiny house in the middle of the desert, and his girl will have to be okay with that (yet he lives in Charlotte?)
  • he "eschews" social media, and will not appear on anyone else's
  • He doesn't drive, but only rides a bike, and doesn't want a woman to drive either
  • he doesn't tolerate religion
  • he doesn't tolerate anyone watching organized sports in his presence 
  • He doesn't own a TV, and will never own one (however, he will go to the cinema...so big of him!)
  • He says he loves his "blue eyeballs"
  • he doesn't like any kind of coffee
  • he says he "worried a lot about his OkCupid profile." Maybe he should worry about it more, but not for the reasons he thinks. 

HAHAHAHA!!! Feel like I hit the jackpot with this one!!! He could have skipped the whole profile and just said, "I'm weird and controlling, and will not give an inch."

i love the meat free household thing too, and the fact he gets to dictate what everyone eats. My friend is vegetarian, and she worries about guys thinking, "what would I cook for her?" This guy apparently isn't worried about being off-putting, and my friend would never concern herself with what other people choose to eat!

HAHAHAHA guys, I did it! Found the weirdest person online, LOL. For the record, I didn't write anything back. This is the kind of profile you just don't respond back to, and open a can of worms. 

ETA: he also tried really, really, really hard to use big words and sound witty. I be too he gets on there every day with his thesaurus and changes, like, one word, thinking it will make the dates come pouring in. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

HAHAHAHA guys, I did it! Found the weirdest person online, LOL. For the record, I didn't write anything back. This is the kind of profile you just don't respond back to, and open a can of worms. 

Oh em gee - you sure did! Thanks for sharing the deets. I got a great laugh out of that!

• Love 3

His life goal is to build a tiny house in the middle of the desert, and his girl will have to be okay with that (yet he lives in Charlotte?)

He's looking to hide bodies.  And I don't mean that in the funny ha ha way.  I mean in the this-dude-is-a-controlling-psycho-avoid-at-all-costs way.  I can dig getting your likes and dislikes out there but holy cow....

That's a great picture allonsalice!  The dress looks fantastic, but then the raw materials have to be there, what a great bod! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Y'all, I knew this would make some of you laugh! I was on OkCupid last night, and I found the funniest profile ever! The guy was slightly dorky, but not bad looking; I would have gone out with him before I ready the profile lol!

• He is a vegetarian, and says at minimum, he will have a meat free household (I wonder what "at maximum" would be...no food except oranges?)
  • he will not date a smoker, and was very intense about it (to be fair a lot of people won't, myself included, but it does ask about that, so you don't have to state it like an asshole like he did)
  • His life goal is to build a tiny house in the middle of the desert, and his girl will have to be okay with that (yet he lives in Charlotte?)
  • He doesn't drive, but only rides a bike, and doesn't want a woman to drive either
  • He doesn't own a TV, and will never own one (however, he will go to the cinema...so big of him!)
  • he says he "worried a lot about his OkCupid profile." Maybe he should worry about it more, but not for the reasons he thinks. 

HAHAHAHA!!! Feel like I hit the jackpot with this one!!! He could have skipped the whole profile and just said, "I'm weird and controlling, and will not give an inch."

i love the meat free household thing too, and the fact he gets to dictate what everyone eats. My friend is vegetarian, and she worries about guys thinking, "what would I cook for her?" This guy apparently isn't worried about being off-putting, and my friend would never concern herself with what other people choose to eat!

ETA: he also tried really, really, really hard to use big words and sound witty. I be too he gets on there every day with his thesaurus and changes, like, one word, thinking it will make the dates come pouring in. 

I think at maximum means “I will also police my neighbors.”  😁

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

That profile is hilarious and disturbing and the same time. The bolded part made me think of Joey from friends writing the letter of recommendation to the adoption agency for Chandler and Monica: 

“They're humid, prepossessing Homo sapiens with full-sized aortic pumps.”

I would love to hear some of the big words he posted using his Theesaurus..

@allonsyalice  Too bad Jinger would never be allowed to wear a velvet dress like that one.  You look amazing in it!    

Edited by EVS
I am terrible at proofreading.
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, EVS said:

That profile is hilarious and disturbing and the same time. The bolded part made me thing of Joey from friends writing the letter of recommendation to the adoption agency for Chandler and Monica: 

“They're humid, prepossessing Homo sapiens with full-sized aortic pumps.”

I would love to hear some of the big words he posted using his Theesaurus..

@allonsyalice  Too bad Jinger would never be allowed to wear a velvet dress like that one.  You look amazing in it!    

OMG that is exactly what his profile sounded like!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! I went back to look at it again, and while he said at the top he was a lifelong vegetarian, I saw at the bottom where he said he has been a vegan in recent years. Hahahaha fun times when you're looking for a wife and demand she cook vegan for everybody! People that particular are so ridiculous. My friend who is vegetarian often worries about inconveniencing others, when she really has no reason to. I also feel the same way about my MSG or alcohol (also I discovered, upon a second reading, that dude doesn't drink, but is nice enough to let someone else drink. Wow!). If I've been doing okay with migraines lately, I'll eat a small portion of something with MSG to be polite, especially if I forgot to specify beforehand that I don't eat it. I'm fine with alcohol in moderation when things are going well, too. If I've been getting migraines, I'll politely decline, but it doesn't bother me seeing other people eat MSG or drink. When my vegetarian friend comes over, I usually make a casserole or something, and leave chicken out of half. It's not really that difficult for reasonable people, but I would absolutely never let anyone tell me that my whole family had to be vegetarian! Hahahaha not sure who he thinks he's attracting with that profile. 😂😂😂

People are sooooo weird sometimes. And I think @CherryMalotte is right about hiding bodies in the desert! Hahahahaha!!!!! Wow, I thought I was being a little bold saying that marriage and kids are important to me in my profile. Now I don't feel bad AT ALL about putting that out there, when compared to this! 😂😂😂 crazy!!!

• Love 3

Vegans do have heartfelt ethical beliefs though. Can make it very frustrating and difficult for others at times. My ex never forced his beliefs on me, but did insist his own home remain vegan.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Other than the driving, I actually know someone who would be perfect for him. Sadly, she’s already married. To one of my cousins. 

• Love 2