Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Impersonating Sarah to Maggie is so cruel, and unnecessary.  Why couldn't she have just put the mask on so the voice thing would work, and then phone Maggie, and tell her she was ok. Still mean, but slightly kinder than showing up in person. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Yeah I have not minded Gwen until now, but tricking Maggie into thinking her daughter is ok, when Gwen knows she is not, is too much. 

Gwen is very cruel and it is why I cannot root for her.  This is a woman that cried and lamented when she had a miscarriage, yet, she is playing with Maggie's emotions when it comes to her child.  I think that she gets off on being cruel to others.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7

I dread seeing them together again lol. I’m hoping LG won’t play Sarah the way she did at the end of her run this time though and maybe she’ll be watchable for me again. If she even actually comes back as Sarah, that is. Who knows at this point.

I wish they’d just let Gwen embrace being a bitch. It’s a soap, they need a bitchy, bad girl. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't necessarily think she gets off on it, but she doesn't even consider it. The very definition of a narcissist.

She is also sociopathic in how she deals with people. 

• Love 7

Some thoughts about today's show:  The "Cake Scene" reminded me how cute & romantic Xander & Sarah were together.  And Xander's face looking so sad & defeated when "Sarah" was berating him.  EJ & Belle have chemistry.  Gabi & Johnny are 'icky" together.  And Abigail finally had the light-bulb go off & her brain kicked in so that she is putting 2 and 2 together about Sarah.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And Abigail finally had the light-bulb go off & her brain kicked in so that she is putting 2 and 2 together about Sarah.

I was just going to post that Abigail had the Salem brain today.  LOL

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Kayla is not a very good nun. I couldn't come up with any on the spot quotations of Bible passages. I would be suspicious of a bunch of Americans coming to the convent. None seeming to be real nuns or priests.

I haven't seen today's episode yet to refresh my memory...but aren't both Steve & Kayla wearing their wedding rings?!?!?!  I know in a past episode, Kayla kept worrying her ring (twisting it round and round) while they discussed their plan to infiltrate the convent/find Kristen.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I dread seeing them together again lol. I’m hoping LG won’t play Sarah the way she did at the end of her run this time though and maybe she’ll be watchable for me again. If she even actually comes back as Sarah, that is. Who knows at this point.

I wish they’d just let Gwen embrace being a bitch. It’s a soap, they need a bitchy, bad girl. 

I assume real Sarah is pretty messed up, what with the drugs and the isolation. Should kill her cutsey voice for a good long while 

• LOL 3

I don’t think impersonating Sarah to Maggie is any crueller than keeping Sarah kidnapped and away from her.

I have trouble with storylines involving scheming and kidnapping of women and we’ve had two now that totally disgust me. It was one thing to know both actresses wanted time off the show, but another to have one unknowingly kidnapped by the man she now lives and sleeps with and another being prolongingly tortured by damn Gwen and ever re-appearing Kristen.

Have to had add that I hoped for better from Gwen for much longer than most posters here and I now admit I was totally wrong. Off with her head!

Edited by Desperado
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Have to had that I hoped for better from Gwen for much longer than most posters here and I now admit I was totally wrong. Off with her head!

YAY! Welcome to the dark side. There's chocolate, beverages of your choice, and a world where sweets have zero calories. Utopia!

• LOL 13

Poor Maggie, felt so bad for her. Gwen tortured her then attacked Xander too. The person she claims to love. 

Gwen deserves to suffer. None of her I had a bad childhood nonsense. She's a psychopath. 

EJ was dumb taking the stand when he could say things like "she shot me in the head."

Chad is being very Dimera, lying, scheming, perjury, yet he acts like he only became a Dimera in college.  

• Love 10

Gwen as Sarah slipped when she said that Maggie told her that Xander fell in love with Gwen. Don't think Maggie said that.

Someone is in possession of the Salem Brain. Kate's telling Abs about her kidnapping, Kristen's mask use, the large suitcase = A+B=C. And now she can confront 'Sarah', who conveniently only came to visit for a couple of hours.

Chad, tell EJ what happened when you walked in on him and Abs kissing. EJ was actually in the courtroom talking to his lawyer. And then maybe you can start putting together that Johnny is not acting like himself.

JDevil was a bit creepy with Gabi. If it is 30 degrees outside, he wouldn't be that sweaty unless maybe he was working out in the DiMera Greenhouse. Taking his shirt off in front of Gabi? Ugh. Why the interest in Grandpa's chess set? I like the new, modern one.

Sarah told Maggie almost nothing about her whereabouts. The real one wouldn't be like that.

Not surprised that EJ was found guilty on circumstantial evidence. I guess the DA just cares about her conviction record. Sami should have testified. We didn't see the kidnapper testify either. Sloppy court case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Chad is being very Dimera, lying, scheming, perjury, yet he acts like he only became a Dimera in college.  

Well more last like his last year or so in high school when he found Stefano was his bio dad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Did I miss something? Why was "Sarah" actually leaving the Salem Inn with her suitcase when she ran into Abigail? Why didn't Gwen just go back up to her room and take the mask off? It's not like she had an actual flight to catch.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Gwen as Sarah slipped when she said that Maggie told her that Xander fell in love with Gwen. Don't think Maggie said that.

Someone is in possession of the Salem Brain. Kate's telling Abs about her kidnapping, Kristen's mask use, the large suitcase = A+B=C. And now she can confront 'Sarah', who conveniently only came to visit for a couple of hours.

Sarah told Maggie almost nothing about her whereabouts. The real one wouldn't be like that.

How the hell can Gwen realistically mimic Sarah’s voice?!?!?!  Is my memory that whack, but the two characters never really interacted, right? So how does Gwen know what Sarah sounds like?  Can someone confirm/correct?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. I couldn’t take flakey Sarah, and was very pissed off with references as her being so “fairy-like”, hence my user name. I love fairies and I find Sarah more, forgive me(not), more flake than fairy. Not flakey fun,  just insufferable! I also so don’t like the pixie hairstyle. Pixies can be some mean sons of B’s..

it just doesn’t work for me. 

Agree, stop trying to make Gwen bad girl turned good. Embrace the bitch!! EXCEPT, when it comes to Maggie. However, I think Maggie can handle  Gwen’s assholeness! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

When Ava was helping Gwen with the mask, she touched some sort of voice modulator at the back of the wig or something. It would still be a challenge to get some of Sarah's idioms correct, but this is a soap.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

It's this voicebox in the mask. It makes the person wearing it sound like that person. 

Ah, OK...thanks for that.  A Presidential press conference meant I missed an episode and I didn't feel like watching On Demand.

But where would this voicebox be on "Sarah" considering her pixie haircut wouldn't hide such a voicebox?!  Sorry, I guess I shouldn't overthink the practical aspects of how a  disguise can trick anyone given the many other things that go into that disguise (height, weight, scars/tattoos, gestures or mannerisms, etc.). This show is such a damn cartoon now and has been for many months!

• Love 6

I really enjoyed today's episode.  Yeah, there were a couple of things I wasn't too crazy about but it was fine and funny and touching and dramatic when it needed to be.  All in all, a fine day in Salem town.

I can't think of anyone who deserves Gabi more than the Devil.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

I guess I shouldn't overthink the practical aspects of how a disguise can trick anyone given the many other things that go into that disguise

Exactly. Otherwise we have to question just how long is this mask? IOW, unless it goes down past the nape of her neck, it comes complete with Sarah's ribbon tattoo!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

YAY! Welcome to the dark side. There's chocolate, beverages of your choice, and a world where sweets have zero calories. Utopia!

I don't think hating Gwen is 'the dark side.' That's probably more liking her lol.

10 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Did I miss something? Why was "Sarah" actually leaving the Salem Inn with her suitcase when she ran into Abigail? Why didn't Gwen just go back up to her room and take the mask off? It's not like she had an actual flight to catch.

Damn, I didn't even think of that. That's so stupid and hilarious. I love it!

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

The devil should just go home Salem is nuts.  

I would love it if they had the devil just start to be like fucking hell these people aren't even worth it.

• LOL 9
10 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Yeah I thought that was dumb as well, Gwen would want to rip that mask off fast and be done with it, not cosplay Sarah going to the airport. For who? Nobody would be looking

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I missed that she had a suitcase, so Googled and found this clip.   And, yeah, the suitcase makes no sense.  😕

• Love 2
16 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I assume real Sarah is pretty messed up, what with the drugs and the isolation. Should kill her cutsey voice for a good long while 

Let us pray!

23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Gwen is very cruel and it is why I cannot root for her.  This is a woman that cried and lamented when she had a miscarriage, yet, she is playing with Maggie's emotions when it comes to her child.  I think that she gets off on being cruel to others.

This is one of the reasons I like her, and I wish the should would lean into that cruelty. It's okay to have unrepentant villains, and the show has not given her a particularly sympathetic backstory. Make her unapologetically cruel, and let people realistically hate her for that cruelty.

I like Gwen as Sarah much more than I liked the actual Sarah.

I liked the Maggie/Abby/Kate scene. I'm not a fan of MM's Abby, but I think she does better away from Chad.

Johnny is a 20 something year old married rich man. He's not a kid. The character also comes off as smarmy, and I don't think Satan has much to do with that.

CB/Gabi's acting gets worse by the scene.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MsTree said:

Exactly. Otherwise we have to question just how long is this mask? IOW, unless it goes down past the nape of her neck, it comes complete with Sarah's ribbon tattoo!

The magical mask also has the ability to shrink Gwen 2 inches down to Sarah's height. 

If EJ was really savvy, he would have stashed a mask of Lucas in his briefcase so he could have walked out of the courthouse as him and right back to his wife. Instead, he rolled the dice, took a Chance card (took the stand), and got sent to jail. "Go directly to Statesville," said the judge. "Do not pass Sweet Bits or the Brady Pub to collect a cheeseburger along the way." 😁

Meanwhile, Johnny prepares to buy Boardwalk after wrangling Park Place from Chad. 

Monopoly-jail-411909-v2-0f375dda94ce4d50

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Regarding Gwen as Sarah leaving the Salem Inn with luggage in tow:

Obviously it's so that Abby could confront her, and the writers didn't give it any thought that it makes no sense for Gwen to still be wearing the Sarah mask. However, if we want to give them a bit of credit I can see where Gwen may want there to be video evidence of "Sarah" walking out of the Salem Inn (she did tell Maggie that's where she was staying) in case Abby decides to check the Inn's cameras. "Sarah" walking in to the Inn but never walking out would send up red flags to the sleuthing Abby and Xander.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

That is some god awful wig on Nancy’s head! 

It's really not a good look.  Scanning her Tweets, her hair looks much better in pics she's posted. It was hard to know for sure which pics were current, but found this one from November, which, granted, was months after what we are watching was filmed, but her hair style and colour looked great then. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

This is one of the reasons I like her, and I wish the should would lean into that cruelty. It's okay to have unrepentant villains, and the show has not given her a particularly sympathetic backstory. Make her unapologetically cruel, and let people realistically hate her for that cruelty.

I don't have a problem with unrepentant villains but I do have a problem in how Ron writes her.  He threw Laura under the bus for Gwen. You can give a villain a sympathetic backstory to give a reason on what drives them to do what they do without destroying established history. 

For example:  Orpheus had a sympathetic backstory on why he was targeting Roman and Marlena before the retcon that Drake's Roman was not Roman.  Roman killed his wife accidently and left his small children motherless. That is very traumatic and painful for children to lose their parents at a young age.. So he was motivated by revenge to make Roman and his children suffer what he and his children had to endure, by kidnapping Marlena and faking her death as payback..

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, buffynut said:

It's really not a good look.  Scanning her Tweets, her hair looks much better in pics she's posted. It was hard to know for sure which pics were current, but found this one from November, which, granted, was months after what we are watching was filmed, but her hair style and colour looked great then. 

She looks like Vicky Lawrence on ‘Mama’s Family” on Days!

So interestingly today as I watched "Sarah" I thought LG is playing her way too aggressive for Gwen who was a nervous wreck about wearing the mask, so the reveal at the end that it was Ava this round worked perfectly for me, kudos to LG for that

Really enjoyed the Xander and Brady scenes, that was really nice to see somebody from his family not treat him like dirt for once

Gaby and JoDevil waste of time. Allie don't care. Still like Chanel.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

So interestingly today as I watched "Sarah" I thought LG is playing her way too aggressive for Gwen who was a nervous wreck about wearing the mask, so the reveal at the end that it was Ava this round worked perfectly for me, kudos to LG for that

I definitely like LG playing Ava playing Sarah better than just playing Sarah.  She was funny and snarky, and Abs was the butt of the joke/prank, so to speak, so good scenes. 👍

• Love 6

RB/Chanel is SO bad at crying scenes. Please don't make her do any more, show!

Like @brisbydog, I was totally thinking LG was doing a bad job being Gwen pretending to be Sarah so the reveal that it's actually likely Ava was awesome. 

LA has gotten so much better. She was really good getting teary eyed talking to JoDevil. 

The Brady/Xander scenes were great. I usually think PT is kinda terrible with this kind of dramatic material but he was good today.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I definitely like LG playing Ava playing Sarah better than just playing Sarah.  She was funny and snarky, and Abs was the butt of the joke/prank, so to speak, so good scenes. 👍

Since I don't care enough to look into the hiring practices of DOOL or social media of the actors, I'm guessing LG's short return is over?  Now that Abigail has been bested (Kristen on the phone and seeing Gwen and "Sarah" together), I assume there's no need for Abigail/Xander to look further into Sarah's disappearance.

5 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Since I don't care enough to look into the hiring practices of DOOL or social media of the actors, I'm guessing LG's short return is over?  Now that Abigail has been bested (Kristen on the phone and seeing Gwen and "Sarah" together), I assume there's no need for Abigail/Xander to look further into Sarah's disappearance.

No spoilers but you'd be wrong. LG has a non revealing interview in SOD this week and she seems to be back long term

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The closed captions spoiled it for me. I thought maybe it might be wrong that it was Ava with the mask, but the way LG was playing her did feel more like Ava than Gwen.

• Love 5

I liked seeing Xander and Brady today. 

Allie the cheating liar has no business attacking Johnny. Liked him calling her out on her high horse and calling out a hypocrite.  Devil Johnny was great 

Abby is smart, she has it figured out. If only she could figure out she's living with the devil and her husband is lying and committed perjury.

Sarah would never talk to Abby that way, she was way too harsh. For them to fake Sarah they're doing bad job. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sarah would never talk to Abby that way, she was way too harsh. For them to fake Sarah they're doing bad job. 

That kind of works though given that neither Ava or Gwen ever met the real Sarah. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Haven't watched in a while but DOOL has jumped the shark. Phantom of the Opera Days with Blair Witch Project of Our Lives.

Where did Phantom come into this?

(But yes, it's bad. It's just so bad right now.)

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

LG has a non revealing interview in SOD this week and she seems to be back long term

I didn't get that impression. She was vague.

• Love 1

Hello Craig! Long time no see. Still looking good. Please, Nancy, get a better wig.

I liked seeing Xander and Brady together. Maybe one of them can also find a few Salem Brain cells. Xander got dumped... again.

I liked Gabi slapping JDevil. Eventually he is going to run out of women.

Chanel does not cry well. I can see her being angry and upset, but she only knew the guy for a couple of months. A whirlwind relationship. Yeah, a few tears but just anger. I also thought that Italy was more progressive in terms of someone making a comment that Johnny was with a black woman. Maybe someone 70 and up. That didn't ring true, at least for me. Maybe in a smaller Italian town but not Rome. That would be rare.

Allie, shut your yap about your twin brother. You are guilty of cheating on your safe boyfriend, which JDevil mentioned to you.

Poor Kayla, locked in the head nun's office. Who got shot? Her? Kristen?

Liked Kristen calling Abs when she was talking with 'Sarah'. So if it's not Kristen, who is wearing the mask. Too bad she did not rip it off. Only two characters have 'worn' the mask - Gwen and Ava. So if it's not Gwen, it must be Ava.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Poor Kayla, locked in the head nun's office. Who got shot? Her? Kristen?

I could be completely wrong, just a guess, but based off the look on Kayla's face I couldn't help but think maybe neither of them. That the gun was really loaded w/blanks and Kayla realized it in that moment. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1