Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Chad's a dumbass. He really is shocked by the 8-10 years. He wants to go perjur himself too and thinks nothing of it.

Tripp deserves better. They should cast a Sydney and bring her for him. Tripp and the Dimera/Allies sister. 

Kick her to the curb. Allie's right she is worst on the planet and like her cheating mom. 

Lol at the calling Chad Fredo. Kate fake acting to Chad that Phillip is dead and she's going to let him take the fall. Great fake mommy that Chad loves and sides with so much. 

Now Chanel cares about hurting Tripp and thinks that wasn't like her Johnny?

Since when does the DA cares about fake convictions.

Good for Nicole defending EJ. She has half a brain.

Ava totally planted the fake convictions.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7

Out of nowhere, Johnny publicly dumps his wife of two weeks, and now wants to get in to the family business, plus 'temporarily' take over his dad's shares. 2 + 2 = 5. EJ, you do get access to the Salem Brain. Something is very off with Giovanni.

Allie, you did not have to sleep with your business partner and best friend. The couch would probably fit you. Tripp deserves someone better than you. Come clean, admit your little adventure and maybe be alone for a bit before jumping in to any sort of relationship. Chances are that you will break it off with Chanel and hurt her and Tripp. He seems to be more of a subsititute baby daddy for you than anything else.

Chad, why are you confiding in Kate? Belle is right in that EJ will be looking at a long prison sentence for something he is not guilty of.

Ava, you are a crafty one. Getting the fake complaints about the Commissioner, taking your best friend some food (I wouldn't eat it), the Duke decapitation. Someone will figure it out.

I liked Nicole snarking at Belle about Sami and her representing EJ. She is also right in that EJ is many things but he would not kidnap his wife like this.

Wonder if Harold will be packing up Chanel's things and sending them to her mom's apartment.

• Love 9

Finally caught up and it is so frustrating because there are bits of good stories here that will never be followed up on or be rushed to a stupid conclusion.

For example, I actually do see a little chemistry between new EJ and Sami but it needs to be cultivated a little bit. One way not to help create chemistry: have them immediately return to their rebounds after a misunderstanding.

I would play it that Sami went to Lucas because she needs proof that he set up EJ. She convinces him that they need time away but refuses to sleep with him until they are in more stable space - she doesn't want to repeat the mistake they made months earlier. Meanwhile EJ is not only fighting the kidnapping charge for his upcoming trial (months, not days, after he is arrested), he is also actively searching for Sami and not trying to get into someone else's pants. This could play out for months while AS is off screen. The trial comes and things are looking bad for EJ as Lucas lies on the stand about what happened. In the middle of Lucas's testimony, Sami rushes in with proof that EJ is innocent.

EJ is thrilled to see his wife again but also conflicted as he has gotten close to Belle while preparing for the trial. Belle for her part is still reeling from Shawn accidentally sleeping with Jan. EJ has been her sounding board and confidant during their time together and, although they have never kissed, they have had a couple of close moments. Now that Sami is home and EJ is free, what will they do?

Is it classic soap? Yep, but that is what is missing from Days now, classic drawn out storylines that allows the tension and drama to grown naturally. 

A few other ideas:

Gwen's paternity test was faked, she is not Jack's daughter, and that is the secret she is hiding from him. I would prefer her storyline if she was wrong about her paternity and had targeted the wrong person. She found out the truth but doesn't want to lose the love of the man she now considers her father.

Ava keeps on toying with Rafe, not because she loves him, but because she realizes he is a weak man who cannot do the decent thing and break up with a woman he doesn't love. There is really no reason for Rafe to be with Ava just because it is what Nicole wants. Ridiculous.

It comes out that Sarah's baby was switched twice that night and baby Mickey is alive. Xander and her set out to find her baby. During their search for her baby, they fall in love again and Gwen gets dropped (I really don't like Gwen lol).

In an attempt to make Cin a little bit palatable, it is revealed that the real Ben was switched with a brainwashed lookalike in the mental hospital and the man we have been seeing on screen did not kill anyone. The real Ben is being trained for an assassin program with the ISA but he escapes and goes after Cin. Real Ben is killed by Shane, and Ciara is no longer married to a serial killer.

I don't know if any of this would work or is any good, I just hate that a show I used to love and actively watch is now something playing while I work or do homework.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Chad's a dumbass. He really is shocked by the 8-10 years.

Well, Chad himself kidnapped his own wife and nothing happened to him so it makes sense.

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

....ummmmmm...has he not raped her, shot her and cheated on her?

EJ's no sweetheart.

Seriously.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was just thinking, are we getting a hiatus for the Olympics?

Yes, per Jason47's Facebook page:

Fri 2/4/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Mon 2/7/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Tue 2/8/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Wed 2/9/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Thu 2/10/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Fri 2/11/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Mon 2/14/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Tue 2/15/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Wed 2/16/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Thu 2/17/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS
Fri 2/18/22 PREEMPTED WINTER OLYMPICS

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2290511707757757&id=137323003076649&__tn__=K-R

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Gabi Jake Chad Ej and now the devil all want to be CEO of Dimera?

And we STILL have no idea what the company even does.

I'm going with Ronco products.

giphy.gif

More?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• LOL 20

Why did Kate randomly pop up halfway through the episode?

I like Trask. I know the show tried to expand her role a few years ago, and that apparently wasn't successful. I wouldn't mind if the show tried again. I like the actress, and I like the pettiness of her giving a bad Yelp (?) review to Sweet Bits because of the tardiness. If the show attempted to expand her role again, I'll love for them to give her a more nuanced personality. Maybe give her a long lost son this time, and make the father Jeremy Horton or Andrew Donovan. 

Am I supposed to feel bad for Rafe? We've seen him break the law several times on this show for more than a decade. It's about time someone started reporting him, even if they are false allegations.

Why must every Dimera - except Theo apparently - get involved in Dimera Enterprises. Everything about it is boring, and it's too similar to the Titan storylines to me. Both are just Duck Duck Goose of who is the CEO. 

I like the potential of Allie/Chanel/Johnny. I wish we had the real Johnny for the fallout. I would even be okay with the real Johnny just dumping Chanel at their wedding reception. That age group needs a real antagonist and not someone possessed by the Devil.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Why must every Dimera - except Theo apparently - get involved in Dimera Enterprises. Everything about it is boring, and it's too similar to the Titan storylines to me. Both are just Duck Duck Goose of who is the CEO. 

OK, now you've done. I've decided that Dimera and Titan need to merge because of some outlandish reason.  And then all the Dimeras and Kiriakises need to play musical chairs to determine the CEO.  Or better yet, spoons. But, of course they'll play it with knives instead.  Butcher knives.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I'll second the notion of Tripp and Sydney. That could have potential. I'd kinda like to see Allie's ass dumped for her younger sister.  

I'm also totally in favor of EJ being found guilty and being sent to Statesville along with Rafe for his framed crimes.  There EJ and Rafe are cellmates, or EJ has to share a cell with Clyde, and Rafe one with Orpheus.  Bonus points if Ava joins the police force while Rafe is ousted. 😆

• LOL 9

Heh.  Sister Mary Elizabeth.  And Father Nichols. Good one.

Doesn't DiMera have an HR office that could help Abigail find out what happened to one of their employees?

When Gwen was trying to come up with an excuse as to how she knows Ava, it occurred to me that she could just tell Xander that she knew her from her time with the Philadelphia mob.  But then, I guess Gwen never met Ava in Philadelphia?  Jake knows her.  Plus, does Xander know about Gwen's days with the mob?

Why is an American Mother Superior running an Italian nunnery?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, RedElf said:

When Gwen was trying to come up with an excuse as to how she knows Ava, it occurred to me that she could just tell Xander that she knew her from her time with the Philadelphia mob.  But then, I guess Gwen never met Ava in Philadelphia?  Jake knows her.  Plus, does Xander know about Gwen's days with the mob?

I don't remember Gwen being in the mob at all. Did they really say she was? 

Another great ep. There's just so much awesome stuff going on and such great energy right now.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't remember Gwen being in the mob at all. Did they really say she was? 

She came on the show as Jake's old girlfriend from his days in the Philadelphia mob.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I would even be okay with the real Johnny just dumping Chanel at their wedding reception. That age group needs a real antagonist and not someone possessed by the Devil.

I like the idea of Johnny's love for Chanel being real enough not to do that, if it weren't then that just vindicates Allie. IMO she doesn't deserve to be vindicated about her brother, I think she needs to be humbled & proven wrong. So far, Allie has kind of proven herself to be the antagonist of that age group or at least she has the attitude of one. Hopefully she can mellow out after Johnny is saved(if that happens).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Why did Kate randomly pop up halfway through the episode?

I like Trask. I know the show tried to expand her role a few years ago, and that apparently wasn't successful. I wouldn't mind if the show tried again. I like the actress, and I like the pettiness of her giving a bad Yelp (?) review to Sweet Bits because of the tardiness. If the show attempted to expand her role again, I'll love for them to give her a more nuanced personality. Maybe give her a long lost son this time, and make the father Jeremy Horton or Andrew Donovan. 

Am I supposed to feel bad for Rafe? We've seen him break the law several times on this show for more than a decade. It's about time someone started reporting him, even if they are false allegations.

I like the potential of Allie/Chanel/Johnny. I wish we had the real Johnny for the fallout. I would even be okay with the real Johnny just dumping Chanel at their wedding reception. That age group needs a real antagonist and not someone possessed by the Devil.

I love all of this!! 
Especially Trask!   l really like her and hope show gets her more involved with everything. Hoping she puts Rafe on LOA, or even replaces him, since he can’t seem to do his job.
I found it hilarious Shawn and Rafe trying to “solve the false allegations”. 

I used to love the DiMeras, way back. I like mob family movies ( (The Godfather, and especially Goodfellas)  But the DiMera thing got too weird, strange..and lacks everything it takes. With business and the family thing. You are correct,DiMera/Titan ..so very boring.They suck at the whole thing. Too many cooks in the kitchen!  I’d put Ava head of family, even though there’s no relation. And Johnny could be good ( agree, WITHOUT THE DEVIL in him) !

He and Chanel should never have married so soon. But Allie’s thinking she is right about him all along, doesn’t work for me. She just hates her brother.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, buffynut said:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2290511707757757&id=137323003076649&__tn__=K-R

Huh! So like it or not, I guess we’ll all be getting a break to regroup! 🤔😉

8 hours ago, buffynut said:

I always complain when there are preemptions, but not now.   I couldn't be happier.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

She came on the show as Jake's old girlfriend from his days in the Philadelphia mob.

Nah, I think she was “mechanic” Jake’s old girlfriend. Can someone update me on how Gwen got to be Nanny? Did Jake recommend her?

I don’t remember any of this

• Love 1

It was poorly written and retconny and confusing.

She was Claire's friend in the mental hospital, hiding out from an abusive boyfriend. Then, she got out and hung around Claire but also had this book of mob secrets or something and Jake needed it. They argued, then she seemed to really obsess about getting him back as a lover, as Gabi tried to figure out if he was Stefan with amnesia. Then Gwen was stuffed into the Abigail drugging storyline *even though at the time the drugging occurred, Gwen was still in the hospital and couldn't have been at Julie's Place* and then they had her want Chad instead and revenge on Jack and play the part of Nanny.

I'm sure there's more but that's the overview.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

It was poorly written and retconny and confusing.

She was Claire's friend in the mental hospital, hiding out from an abusive boyfriend. Then, she got out and hung around Claire but also had this book of mob secrets or something and Jake needed it. They argued, then she seemed to really obsess about getting him back as a lover, as Gabi tried to figure out if he was Stefan with amnesia. Then Gwen was stuffed into the Abigail drugging storyline *even though at the time the drugging occurred, Gwen was still in the hospital and couldn't have been at Julie's Place* and then they had her want Chad instead and revenge on Jack and play the part of Nanny.

I'm sure there's more but that's the overview.

Oh, for the love of pete! Very poorly written. I wasn’t watching at that time, not that I’d put it all together anyway! 
I do remember the bracelet given to Gwen, and now can’t remember when he lied about it,  if it was meant for Abigail, Gabi , or whom ever!!?! Who cares, at this point!
Shit writing, indeed!! 🤬

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Nah, I think she was “mechanic” Jake’s old girlfriend. Can someone update me on how Gwen got to be Nanny? Did Jake recommend her?

I don’t remember any of this

I don't know what you mean about mechanic Jake.  

Gwen could have said she met Ava at the hospital when Ava was visiting her son Tripp. Gwen had an appointment, yada yada yada.... not this Charlie nonsense.

Sister Mary Elizabeth and Father Nicholls? Some poor convent burned down in Tuscany? Sister Kristen sure figured some of it out fast when she recognized Patch. The hotel room looked more like the rugged western US states and not Italy.

Rafe suspects Ava as being involved in the false allegations and decapitating Duke? Give the man a clue! He and Shawn are investigation these allegations? Shouldn't they go to Internal Affairs?

I am assuming that Kristen will send something to Gwen or someone in Salem to discourage Xander looking for Sarah or give him a fake clue, since Gwen mentioned that Xander and Abigail are looking for her.

EJ's trial is going well. No jury, having his wife's sister defend him, Trask having very little evidence except for some very circumstantial accounting stuff, which given a lot of companies, could be somewhat creative. Wonder if Chad will tell the truth.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I don't know what you mean about mechanic Jake.  

Meaning when Jake came to town, he was a mechanic, not in the mob. And all of a sudden a DiMera, which had nothing to do with Ava and her mob family.

Gwen, not sure when she and Jake hooked up, and there was no mention of her knowing Ava or Jake beforehand, while they were mobsters.

I don’t know what the f is going on, but it’s nonsensical.

• Love 3

Jake did have a mob connection, going back to his old life, pre-Salem, when he was first introduced as the mechanic. He and Gwen were trying to hide from the mob essentially.

This new twist of him being a mob enforcer is just an elaboration on that.

But again - it was poorly written and now Gwen never talks about Claire or Jake or her hospital stint, so I guess if they can't remember it...why should we?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Jake did have a mob connection, going back to his old life, pre-Salem, when he was first introduced as the mechanic. He and Gwen were trying to hide from the mob essentially.

This new twist of him being a mob enforcer is just an elaboration on that.

But again - it was poorly written and now Gwen never talks about Claire or Jake or her hospital stint, so I guess if they can't remember it...why should we?

Good point! I shall choose to not remember.. in fact, I’d rather choose Jake and Gwen stories don’t even exist.

Show could have done so much better, especially with what their characters have turned into. 

• Love 4

I feel like they couldn't have possibly been trying to fake us out with EJ though. No one would believe he just randomly, in the middle of his trial decided to put the moves on Abigail. They can't expect the audience to be that stupid, can they? Actually, they probably do lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’ve been rooting for him the whole time lol.

I don’t want him to take an innocent baby.   He can be CEO of all the companies, mess with Chad and Abigail’s marriage ( who hasn’t ?) and use his Darth Vader choke skills anytime.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like they couldn't have possibly been trying to fake us out with EJ though. No one would believe he just randomly, in the middle of his trial decided to put the moves on Abigail. They can't expect the audience to be that stupid, can they? Actually, they probably do lol.

Not only are they insulting the audience, they insult the Salemnites. HOW, how, how many times have they witnessed someone OOC because of either the Devil or Kristen in disguise? If the people of Salem had a single brain cell, their # 1 automatic go-to these days should be to wonder if the person acting/saying stuff OOC is either because of the Devil or disguised Kristen.

The fact they don't and just take it as it comes no matter how OOC somebody acts is so, so, so, so - did I say so? - stupid!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 1/13/2022 at 6:27 PM, Chellfairy said:

He and Chanel should never have married so soon. But Allie’s thinking she is right about him all along, doesn’t work for me. She just hates her brother.

She seems to like throwing in his face that he's a DiMera and just like his father which begs the question does she like her sister Sydney at all?  Because she's also EJ's child and a DiMera but I can't see her trying to lob that grenade at her little sister like she does Johnny.

The Devil was smart to possess a vessel that can pull shenanigans around a group of people who didn't have direct interactions with MarDevil.  JoDevil is getting away with a lot more with people who don't have experience with him and who were still skeptical about MarDevil even after they heard about it themselves.

Seems like the next hop would be to infiltrate the Kiriakis hub of characters either through Maggie or Chloe, LOL.  Victor, Xander and Co. would probably think poor Maggie was drinking again or that Chloe was just being extra bitchy. Then again Victor like Susan could be one who knows the Devil on sight from having made so many deals with him, LOL.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 12

Kate should go to jail with her psychopath sons. She's aiding and abetting both their crimes. On top of Chad also. 

EJ is a lawyer himself, he didn't read the contract. What an idiot.

Lucas needs the 8-10 he's acting like he doesn't deserve to go to jail for what he did. 

So tired of the Devil  changing into different people and masks. 

How does Gabi and Jake have any Dimera votes? They don't have Kate, Chad,  Johnny, Sydney, EJ, Tony, Kristen, Theo. 

Edited by Artsda

Since when does Maggie play corporate games?  I know she isn't possessed by any devil, but I guess she is possessed by a writer whose head is not only lodged firmly up his posterior, but who also just loves the view from in there.

Those scenes of her playing Lady Macbeth with Gabi and idiot Jake were ridiculous.  I guess we'll see her giving orders to Victor's henchmen next.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, boes said:

Since when does Maggie play corporate games?  I know she isn't possessed by any devil, but I guess she is possessed by a writer whose head is not only lodged firmly up his posterior, but who also just loves the view from in there.

Those scenes of her playing Lady Macbeth with Gabi and idiot Jake were ridiculous.  I guess we'll see her giving orders to Victor's henchmen next.

I wondered if those scenes were written for Victor, and the actor was unavailable at the last minute.  I thought it looked like she was reading lines from a teleprompter. 

It’s also possible there’s a new writer trying to impose some gravitas  on the ridiculous plot.  Hasn’t anyone wondered why Johnny is suddenly talking like his deceased grandfather?  

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

What I want to know is why no one ever just opens their mouth and yells.  Abigail was in a crowded courthouse and simply stands there and lets (who she thinks is) EJ kiss her.  I KNOW it was for PLOT (so, of course, Chad walks in at the opportune time) but I really can't believe even Abigail is THAT stupid.

• Love 7

So EJ just signs a contract his son drew up and not even read it? He could be signing the house over to him, and almost anything. The devil could be scouting locations for him to live at some point down under. Stupid guy.

The Chad choking up part was also dumb. Surely the DE IT folks can figure out when all these transactions happened. A tiny audit can do wonders. All of a sudden, Johnny wants to give up the movie biz for corporate life? It will take some explaining for EJ to be telling Abigail that he wants her and kisses her and across the hall, he is talking with his lawyer. Of course Chad will blow and then lie on the stand. Well done JDevil.

Hi Mrs. Wesley! Haven't seen you in a while. No more red hair.

Lucas, you do deserve some prison time or serious volunteer work. You committed the crime of kidnapping. Someone will disconnect your web of lies.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I wondered if those scenes were written for Victor, and the actor was unavailable at the last minute.

Exactly my thoughts...plus John Aniston isn't getting any younger, so there's that. By getting more involved with the business, it would also give Maggie something else to do besides dusting her figurines.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, norcalgal said:

If the people of Salem had a single brain cell, their # 1 automatic go-to these days should be to wonder if the person acting/saying stuff OOC is either because of the Devil or disguised Kristen.

EVERY time someone says or does something stupid or unexpected I now think it's the devil.  Like when Ben showed up back at the Cin "apartment" after he'd told her not to let anyone but Belle in, and she opened the door to him. I was sure he was going to morph into Marlena.

8 hours ago, boes said:

Since when does Maggie play corporate games? 

That was unusual, and again, I wondered if it was really Maggie.

8 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I wondered if those scenes were written for Victor, and the actor was unavailable at the last minute.  I thought it looked like she was reading lines from a teleprompter. 

I also thought maybe the scene was written for Victor, and changed to Maggie when JA wasn't available.

4 hours ago, MsTree said:

Exactly my thoughts...plus John Aniston isn't getting any younger, so there's that. By getting more involved with the business, it would also give Maggie something else to do besides dusting her figurines.

That actually wouldn't be a bad thing.   Though really, they need someone younger running Titan.  Too bad Victor didn't have a son who could fill that role. [/s]

• Love 6

I agree with Belle. Johnny has been going around for months telling anyone with ears how much he hates his father. Why is EJ acting so naïve about Johnny now? I could accept this if EJ was shown as actually wanting or desiring a relationship with Johnny before this development. Parents become idiots for their children all the time. However, EJ seemed to hate Johnny as much as Johnny hated EJ. This is just nonsensical.

Gabi looked like she was trying to not smile when Maggie mentioned Philip being missing.

I miss Nancy. She looks good with the grey hair, but it's odd not seeing her as a fiery redhead. It matched her personality so well.

If KM were Abby, I wouldn't mind a Chad/Abby/EJ/Belle quad.

• Love 4