Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I am so fucking TIRED of Kristen and her getting away with everything. She is a good 20 years past her sell by date. If this bullshit doesn't end with her DEAD dead, there's no justice.

And that goes double if Sarah doesn't get to kick Gwennie's ass, too.

• Love 21

Chad's and idiot for believing Abby just up and left him & the kids to go help her parents with some "newspaper emergency" in Boston. The fact that a) Abby had already told him her suspicions that something was not adding up with "Sarah", b) he didn't hear from her all night, and c) the only communication with her was via texts the following morning should have set off alarm bells for Chad. But instead the idiot just sat around his mansion texting with "Abby" for a while until he finally bought a clue and called Jennifer. 

I know no one will think to trace Abby's phone so Gwen has no reason to fear, but how stupid was she (Gwen) for sitting in her hotel room using Abby's phone to text back and forth with Chad? Any competent cop should be able to trace the location of the phone and connect the dots and realize Gwen is involved in Abby's disappearance. Unfortunately, the Salem PD has no competent cops so Gwen's in the clear. 🙄

If Kristen has this super secret island with a house where she sits around sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them, then why in the hell was she hiding out in a convent with nuns? Clearly no Salemite knows about this DiMera Island or that would've been the first place Steve looked in his search for her. So why did she return to the convent that people knew she not-so-secretly hid in before?

At least Sarah's been held in a comfortable looking room and she was not left to wander around confused on a deserted island. That wig was straight out of the 1990's.

So we got no continuation to the Nancy/Chloe/Craig scene? Craig is pissing me off, so maybe it's for the better he wasn't in today's episode. The fact that Craig has been having an emotional & physical affair for months makes me less sympathetic to his situation. The fact that he left his family sitting in a restaurant to go talk to his lover like some giggly teenager, and is calling his lover "honey", and is telling Chloe he loves said lover, and pretty much admitted that he's having sex with the guy, and could barely hide his smile when talking about the guy - just makes me really really dislike Craig. I feel like I'm supposed to feel sympathy for Craig because coming out can be incredibly scary, but the way he's being portrayed is not eliciting any sympathy from me. 

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I am so fucking TIRED of Kristen and her getting away with everything. She is a good 20 years past her sell by date. If this bullshit doesn't end with her DEAD dead, there's no justice.

And that goes double if Sarah doesn't get to kick Gwennie's ass, too.

YES!!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I just take issue with the whole story because I adored Craig and Nancy in their original run.  Craig simply adored Nancy and it was very avant-garde to see a man who looks like him loving a woman who looks like her.  In my mind, Craig did use Nancy and this will devastate her when she finds out and I have no desire to see that.. What happened to love in the afternoon?  

Craig probably still loves Nancy, but he is not In Love with her since coming out. 

Taking issue because of Nancy's body type makes it sound as if that was the only reason he loved her. IMO, it wouldn't make a difference if Nancy looked like Angelina Jolie. He simply fell out of love when he realized he was gay.

I'm sure Nancy will be devastated, but I also believe in time she'll accept his new-found sexuality...and they'll remain good friends because Nancy is not the type to hold a grudge.

Edited by MsTree
spelling
  • Love 3

There should be some TV law where only a certain amount of bad writing is allowed on TV at the same time. Between this wreck and the utter mountain of toxic waste bullshit that is And Just Like That over on HBO Max, my head just wants to explode.

It's cruel. CRUEL! (Okay, so I'm kidding. Mostly. Maybe. But soooo much bad writing to go around. Sigh.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

Craig probably still loves Nancy, but he is not In Love with her since coming out. 

Taking issue because of Nancy's body type makes it sound as if that was the only reason he loved her. IMO, it wouldn't make a difference if Nancy looked like Angelina Jolie. He simply fell out of love when he realized he was gay.

I'm sure Nancy will be devastated, but I also believe in time she'll accept his new-found sexuality...and they'll remain good friends because Nancy is not the type to hold a grudge.

He started telling Chloe about an experience he had before Nancy & she cut him off. So he had a notion he was gay before he married and suppressed   it. So he was probably never into “ hot girls”.  To me it feels like they are saying, even if it’s unintentional, “see now this is why this good looking man was with this very overweight average looking woman”. ( with a grating voice but that’s neither here or there ). 

• Love 7

Abby has been assaulted, drugged, and being held hostage on an island of no known location. Why is she acting so bored? She seemed like a teenager in their last class of the day who is just ready to go home. She's not acting like a woman being held at gunpoint by a woman whose been terrorizing Salem off and on since the mid 90s. I know this is an unpopular opinion here, but I really miss KM's Abby. MM just seems like she's staring at the clock waiting to clock out every second she's on screen.

I love Jackee and like Paulina. I wish the show would realize that dramatic acting is not her forte. This is especially true when she's paired with Lani. Her scenes were painful to get through yesterday. I watched AMC, but I don't remember the actor. I hope he's able to do menacing well because right now he seems like a dolt and a chump. Paulina said Lani is good at sniffing out criminals. A mother's love really does make one delusional, I suppose.

We got a really random Claire mention from Gwen.

With the long hair on Sarah, I wonder if that's the show's way of trying to convey a retooling of the Sarah character. While I think the character went off the rails before the actress cut her hair, the hair cut did coincide with the baby talk, Three Stooges storylines, and Sarah becoming unbearable onscreen. If the character is truly back, I hope they find a way to integrate her onto canvas as an adult and not Melanie Jonas Ricardo 2.0.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Abby has been assaulted, drugged, and being held hostage on an island of no known location. Why is she acting so bored? 

Because she's used to this shit? Everyone in Salem is just like 'must be Tuesday' at this point when this kinda stuff happens lol. 

14 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

We got a really random Claire mention from Gwen.

ngl it took me a minute to remember Claire.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I agree KM's Abby would be dealing with Gwen, Ava and Kristen in a different way. She has a backbone and fights back, this Abby is just boho bore always like on a wellness retreat not being held against her will after assaulted.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Because she's used to this shit? Everyone in Salem is just like 'must be Tuesday' at this point when this kinda stuff happens lol. 

And really who is threatened by Kristen these days? None of her threats every succeeds. What's the point of keeping all these people on an Island?

Edited by Sidney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hear you, but for me, meta does not work on a Soap. The characters have to seem like they are appropriately terrified for themselves, so I can be terrified for them. When the actors seem bored, I am bored.

It reminds me of a storyline on OLTL when a character's sister came back from the dead. He talks to another character about how half the people he knows have come back from the dead. It's basically no big deal. That's okay for us the audience to say. But for the characters, if they don't care, then why should we?

33 minutes ago, Sidney said:

And really who is threatened by Kristen these days? None of her threats every succeeds. What's point of keeping all these people on an Island?

Kristen did kill Trask's daughter/sister a few years ago. Abby believes she's done something terrible to Sarah and Philip. She recently assaulted Kate and kidnapped Chloe. She stabbed Victor.

There's enough reason for Abby to at least fear never seeing her family again or being physically assaulted by Kristian. Even if that's not murder, that's still terrifying.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Kristen did kill Trask's daughter/sister a few years ago.

THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT DAMMIT!

It’s like if the character act like they care that people come back from the dead, get away with crimes, are possessed, etc. it seems stupid because they’ve all seen it happen time after time but yea if they don’t care then why would the audience. It’s fine for me because I don’t really care per se. All I care about is being entertained lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Having had real-life close friends in these positions, you've aptly described what is really at play.  I completely agree that body type, personality, etc. that's not what has turned Craig to someone else if he is struggling with his sexuality/discovering that he has feelings and attraction to men.  How the woman looks is inconsequential in this situation because it's not about that at all.  A woman in this situation shouldn't question/doubt her attraction or self-worth. And I also agree, Craig loves Nancy, but he has romantic love for the new man that he doesn't or didn't feel with her.  My gay friend once told me a very similar thing about his ex. 

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Pretty much. It initially struck me too that Abs didn't seem very freighted about the situation she'd landed herself in, but then I remembered Kristin is her sister-in-law and she already knows she's bat-shit crazy.  The Dimeras probably have a marriage orientation instead of marriage counseling with the church prior to the big day where someone sits you down and says, "Now marrying into this family means someone else in the family might abduct you, imprison you, drug you, or turn you into another person entirely. This is all normal so don't be alarmed. Feel free to use the wine cellar for your own abductions. We also have properties that you don't know about now, but someday you might discover. Godspeed!"

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

There should be some TV law where only a certain amount of bad writing is allowed on TV at the same time. Between this wreck and the utter mountain of toxic waste bullshit that is And Just Like That over on HBO Max, my head just wants to explode.

It's cruel. CRUEL! (Okay, so I'm kidding. Mostly. Maybe. But soooo much bad writing to go around. Sigh.)

I know.  It's like these head writers think it's okay for spouses to be blithely cruel to the spouses they previously adored and who adored them just because they're exploring their sexuality.  It's written in a way that most opposite sex affairs likely would not be.

9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Of course it has happened to people of all body types and looks.  But it's also a stereotype for a reason.  And it is still dismantling one of the few, if only, TV love stories where a hot guy is mad for his plus-sized wife. If this were more common on TV, I'd probably be less irritated that they chose this couple to tell this story. 

And I'm also irritated we're jumping mid affair and missing the beginning.

35 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

And I also agree, Craig loves Nancy, but he has romantic love for the new man that he doesn't or didn't feel with her.

It better not be "didn't."  Just like And Just Like That, they'd be saying "forget everything we've ever showed you about this couple and only pay attention to what we're now telling you."

• Love 10

Regarding Abby's lack of reaction to being held at gunpoint by Kristen: I thought it's because Kristen & Abby are sort of on friendly-ish terms. They are sisters-in-law and Chad & Kristen seem to get along. Plus, wasn't Kristen chummy with Jennifer back in the day? And I don't recall Kristen ever targeting Abby, Jennifer, or Jack in the past...though I could be wrong since I didn't watch the show for many years. I know JJ hates Kristen but this show acts like he doesn't even exist anymore so I doubt Abby would hate Kristen on his behalf. Mostly, though, I think Kristen & Abby are not enemies therefore Abby isn't really afraid of her situation...for now.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Regarding Abby's lack of reaction to being held at gunpoint by Kristen: I thought it's because Kristen & Abby are sort of on friendly-ish terms. They are sisters-in-law and Chad & Kristen seem to get along. Plus, wasn't Kristen chummy with Jennifer back in the day? And I don't recall Kristen ever targeting Abby, Jennifer, or Jack in the past...though I could be wrong since I didn't watch the show for many years. I know JJ hates Kristen but this show acts like he doesn't even exist anymore so I doubt Abby would hate Kristen on his behalf. Mostly, though, I think Kristen & Abby are not enemies therefore Abby isn't really afraid of her situation...for now.

Hmm. I respectfully disagree. Even if my Mother pointed a loaded gun in my direction, I would be terrified. A loaded gun is a dangerous weapon, and even if someone doesn't have intent to shoot, that doesn't mean it won't. People make accidents with guns every single day. Even people who are trained. Also, if there is no intent to shoot, why pull the gun? Also, Abby refused to drink the beverage Kristen prepared. That shows that on some level Abby does not feel safe with Kristen.

Abby was also recently assaulted by one brother-in-law, as far as she knows. She was raped by another brother-in-law. She killed another brother-in-law. Is Andre still a Dimera spawn? I can never keep his story straight. She also believes Kristen had something to do with her cousin disappearing. Doesn't she also believe Kristen is the one who assaulted her as she was tussling with Ava. Kristen also has her on an undisclosed island. Based on the information Abby has, be it correct or not, she has every reason to believe Kristen means her harm.

MM played the scene as a mixture of bored and above it all. I think that was just the wrong interpretation for the character based on the information Abby believes to be true.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I know JJ hates Kristen but this show acts like he doesn't even exist anymore ...

And @CanaryFan98 hopes they keep it that way!

2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

MM played the scene as a mixture of bored and above it all. I think that was just the wrong interpretation for the character based on the information Abby believes to be true.

It probably is wrong but it cracked me up so I personally don't care lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

If this were more common on TV, I'd probably be less irritated that they chose this couple to tell this story. 

I'm wondering if they're telling this story about Craig & Nancy because the guy who plays Craig is gay in real life. And if that's true, what other person could portray the angst better than one who knows the pain (on both ends) better, right?

• Love 1

Personally, I think it would have been better to make Craig bi so as to not invalidate his entire love story with Nancy. A couple married for 20+ years who fall out of love and the husband eventually realizes he has feelings for another man would have been a good story. Although having most of those story beats play out offscreen does not do it justice.

I also assumed Abby's reaction (or lack thereof) to Kristen pulling a gun on her was due to the sedatives she was on.

Is the big twist that Sarah has had a baby? Because the shocking! reveal that she was on the island would be no surprise to anyone since we were told upfront, months ago, that she was being shipped to the island? I was sure that was why they filmed her from the back and then when she turned around she would be sporting an enormous baby bump, but nope.

Can someone remind me why JoDevil wants Gabi? Does he not know she cannot carry a child to term? He would've been better off taking the guise of Chad (who's fathered 4 kids) and impregnating Abby (who's given birth to 2 kids). For that matter, why not have imitated Ben and impregnated Ciara in the first place?

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

I'm wondering if they're telling this story about Craig & Nancy because the guy who plays Craig is gay in real life. And if that's true, what other person could portray the angst better than one who knows the pain (on both ends) better, right?

He is. Personally, I thought KS did a pretty lackluster job on Thursday's episode. I'm hoping he's just rusty and getting back into the Soap Opera swing of things.

I question if Ron cares about exploring the pain of coming out. I assume this story is going to be campy and comedic like the majority of the current stories on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Nice island 🙄 Is that the front door from the Martin House set again? Yeesh. Because of how often they repurpose walls and sofas on this series, every "new" set just looks like a shot of the prop storage room...rather than an actual location.

TR is the kind of new character the show has badly needed - a new villain with decent build-up - and after a couple of scenes, he seems about as scary as a kindly social worker handing you a teddy bear. Where's the menace? Not in his voice, his appearance or his words.

Him being this normal and friendly only makes Paulina look more hysterical than usual for talking about him like he's some big bad wolf.

Sigh.

Joe M - we miss you more and more every year.

Also...how the hell has Johnny's super duper cell phone video starring friends and family become a serious film trilogy TR has sunk millions into??? He's clearly the dumbest producer in Hollywood. Hasn't even been on the show for a week and already - zero credibility.

Ron's Belle feels insanely off most of the time. I can't deal with her crushing on freaking EJ. He's trash. He's abused her big sister many, many ways. She's happily married. Don't go there show. Write for ShawnD and Belle as a couple for a change! Couples are interesting in a whole bunch of ways!

I feel like Belle has become the Brooke Logan of Days when it comes to being faithful. How many times has she broken up with Shawn over someone else? Does it just seem like it happens every two years? Maybe it's not that frequently but I still feel bad for the guy.

Speaking of trash, WOW Gwen. Really. W-O-W. I realize Xander is pretty compelling and all but maybe...I don't know...leave town with him or something? He has literally nothing keeping him in Salem. Abigail isn't going to hunt him down across continents to tell him the truth about Sarah's disappearance. He has no friends in Salem. If he leaves, he'll never hear about Sarah again. Why stay in Horton Land where he can easily get updates about her case?

Also: way to traumatize your niece and nephew. Their mother is already Abigail so...they've had it rough. But now you've nearly killed their Mommy twice and tried to steal away their Dad, and possibly killed great-grandma Laura. Maybe...you've done enough?

Poor Emily. This character is awful.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Aymery said:

Personally, I think it would have been better to make Craig bi so as to not invalidate his entire love story with Nancy. A couple married for 20+ years who fall out of love and the husband eventually realizes he has feelings for another man would have been a good story. Although having most of those story beats play out offscreen does not do it justice.

Had to quote this because this is definitely a better way to go. Having Craig feel like he's kept a secret for years and needs to process it and be honest with Nancy is less destructive. He didn't need to be actively cheating. He could have just reached an emotional realization, shared it with her and the conflict stemming from that could have been enough of a story. And it also could have tied into Marlena finding out about Allie and Chanel. There's already a bi storyline on the table - why not expand upon it?

This "he was always gay and Nancy - smart, observant, suspicious Nancy - was blinding herself to the truth for decades" is a retcon and so offensive. Fat girls get real love too, Show.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

TR is the kind of new character the show has badly needed - a new villain with decent build-up - and after a couple of scenes, he seems about as scary as a kindly social worker handing you a teddy bear. Where's the menace? Not in his voice, his appearance or his words.

Perhaps he's pretending. Maybe even trying to gaslight Paulina and maybe he'll do the same with Lani. He's had like 2 scenes, I don't think we really know where they're gonna go with him yet.

I feel like Belle has become the Brooke Logan of Days when it comes to being faithful. How many times has she broken up with Shawn over someone else? Does it just seem like it happens every two years? Maybe it's not that frequently but I still feel bad for the guy.

This reminded me that I am rolling over the fact that Belle is totally gonna cheat on her husband again and with her sister's husband. Like, girl, you're trash lol.

• Love 7

I wish Shawn would just let go of Belle if that happens again other than the fact I think MM has chemistry with everyone else but him I always thought Shelle was meant to be a teen romance nothing more.

As adults they don't work he's too simple for her. I think Belle could easily exist without Shawn. Shawn well this version is rather limited when it comes to character development. Plus at this point there's not much credibility to the pairing if she cheats on him every couple of years.

• Love 6
On 1/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, peachmangosteen said:

By acting like a snotty little bitch lol.

For me, KM made Abby fun to hate while MM makes Abby actually likable sometimes.

SO true.

I kinda miss hating on KM's Abifail. I feel like all her ugly entitled energy got divided between other people.

All the callbacks to the EJ stuff would definitely be more fun with her around.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish Shawn would just let go of Belle if that happens again other than the fact I think MM has chemistry with everyone else but him I always thought Shelle was meant to be a teen romance nothing more.

As adults they don't work he's too simple for her. I think Belle could easily exist without Shawn. Shawn well this version is rather limited when it comes to character development. Plus at this point there's not much credibility to the pairing if she cheats on him every couple of years.

The show thought they hit the jackpot with Shelle and that they were going to be the next supercouple.  They should have remained a teen romance like Jennifer and Frankie.  Shawn had better chemistry with Mimi and MM's Belle had better chemistry with Jay's Philip..

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This reminded me that I am rolling over the fact that Belle is totally gonna cheat on her husband again and with her sister's husband. Like, girl, you're trash lol.

Belle is trash and I don't like how she hates Sami so much when they were always pretty close. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This reminded me that I am rolling over the fact that Belle is totally gonna cheat on her husband again and with her sister's husband.

When Belle & nuEJ started sharing scenes I thought there was no way the show would go there. Yes they have chemistry but the sainted Belle would never cheat with her sister's husband. Yes Belle's a big ol' cheater but I thought this was a line she would not cross. But after seeing her gently caress EJ's hand on Thursday or Friday's episode and how the camera lingered on the shot, yeah, they're so gonna hit the sheets. No spoilers, it's just that this show telegraph's everything and that hand caressing was a big neon sign. Poor Shawn...would this be the 3rd time Belle's cheated on him? 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Him being this normal and friendly only makes Paulina look more hysterical than usual for talking about him like he's some big bad wolf.

Sigh.

I know this is FAR beyond the skills of the writers but, to me, having him seem really harmless and decent is a great way to introduce an abusive person.  Most abusers start off as really charming and start out by treating their victims really well.  That's why it's such a shock when the abuse starts happening.  The victim thinks it's really just a one off and forgives it until they're in so deep they didn't even realize it was happening.  I would love it if everybody else thought he was a pretty great guy and they all thought Paulina was just being ridiculous.  That way, he could really get established as a true villain.  But, unfortunately, I don't think that's what the writers intended.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I know this is FAR beyond the skills of the writers but, to me, having him seem really harmless and decent is a great way to introduce an abusive person.  Most abusers start off as really charming and start out by treating their victims really well. 

Oh sure, agreed. In fact, the thought crossed my mind as I was writing the criticism. But see, that's why Clyde Weston worked brilliantly and made (makes) my skin crawl. When he debuted, he was sickly sweet to Kate and yet ready to rough up Jordan two seconds later. Abuser to the core. Two-faced and slick. Great casting and excellent performance.

This guy? He don't have it in him, and the writing ain't helping matters.

Frankly, Paulina's the one abusing our patience.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Had to quote this because this is definitely a better way to go. Having Craig feel like he's kept a secret for years and needs to process it and be honest with Nancy is less destructive. He didn't need to be actively cheating. He could have just reached an emotional realization, shared it with her and the conflict stemming from that could have been enough of a story.

Probably, but that's not always how it happens in real life. There are many straight people who are attracted to the same sex, and yet they don't discuss it with their partners because they know it's not going anywhere.

Agree the story could have been written a bit more sensitive, but with a soap it's all about the drama and/or shock value. Without that, you might as well just watch Lifetime movies 😉

• Love 1

Went to a meatloaf concert with my dad once and a lady hit on him right in front of me.  I said loudly “what are we bringing home for mom.” He wasn’t even doing anything and it made me feel yucky. 
I don’t get Chloe not being upset that her dad is cheating and lying.  It doesn’t matter who it’s with.   He is cheating.  
ETA 

I should watch the whole show before I post lol. 

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, brisbydog said:

Of course Sarah has amnesia. Stupid show never has any original ideas. And since she never once said the name "Xander' she clearly thinks she is in love with somebody else. Flip a coin Rex or Eric.

It would be more fun to have her think she's in love with someone random.  Roman, EJ, Clyde, Rafe or hell even Duke.  If she's been brainwashed it might as well be entertaining. 

Dr. Rolf: As you directed, Kristin, I've implanted memories of an epic romance with that giant bear. She also thinks you're her bestie, Andrew Jackson is president, and Jane Eyre just made the New York Times Bestseller's List. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Of course Sarah has amnesia. Stupid show never has any original ideas. And since she never once said the name "Xander' she clearly thinks she is in love with somebody else. Flip a coin Rex or Eric.

Ben.  I bet she's in love with Ben!

Because, really, who isn't?

• LOL 17
6 minutes ago, boes said:

Would you like that list alphabetically, chronologically, or... ? 😄

I've got to be honest, I've never liked Darbo's giggly persona, so when she wouldn't shut up giggling and not letting Craig have a word in edgewise, it was even more annoying that the usual soap trope.

So obvious Sarah wasn't talking about Xander. Show, are you even trying anymore? (No.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Would you like that list alphabetically, chronologically, or... ? 😄

I've got to be honest, I've never liked Darbo's giggly persona, so when she wouldn't shut up giggling and not letting Craig have a word in edgewise, it was even more annoying that the usual soap trope.

So obvious Sarah wasn't talking about Xander. Show, are you even trying anymore? (No.)

I'm totally with you on this.  She didn't annoy me so much originally, but since this return, I agree.  And that wig!!!!  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Also, what was Chloe going on about having a father who likes music and old movies as an indication he was gay? Way to stereotype. For the record, my father loves music, Broadway, old movies and figure skating. And he is straight as an arrow, happily married to my mother for 45+ years.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I did not think Sara was talking about an adult when she said he.

I thought the same thing. But, it'll probably just be something boring and she still thinks she's with Eric and that's the 'he.'

I was disappointed she was acting all manic pixie dreamgirl-y still. I was really hoping LG wouldn't have to play that shit again. Also, I feel bad for her having to wear that terrible wig lol.

I've realized that I just don't like Xander in a romance. I don't like how PT plays it all schmoopy.

MM is entertaining the hell outta me as a kinda bored and over it, slightly drugged hostage lol.

• Love 9

What was Roman going on about with Craig and Nancy about them doing something to his daughter.  Guessing something to do with Carrie?  Good that they're referencing the past, but maybe a tiny clue there, Ron, for those of us who either weren't watching back then, or have bad memories. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

What was Roman going on about with Craig and Nancy about them doing something to his daughter.  Guessing something to do with Carrie?  Good that they're referencing the past, but maybe a tiny clue there, Ron, for those of us who either weren't watching back then, or have bad memories. 

Back in the day, both Mike and Craig were competing for Chief of Staff at the hospital. Nancy and Craig played to win. Carrie worked at the hospital and was super supportive of Mike so she mixed it up with them. But seriously nothing that was really that bad to Carrie except revealing her cheating ways with Mike and Austin finding out.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

When Belle & nuEJ started sharing scenes I thought there was no way the show would go there. Yes they have chemistry but the sainted Belle would never cheat with her sister's husband. Yes Belle's a big ol' cheater but I thought this was a line she would not cross. But after seeing her gently caress EJ's hand on Thursday or Friday's episode and how the camera lingered on the shot, yeah, they're so gonna hit the sheets. No spoilers, it's just that this show telegraph's everything and that hand caressing was a big neon sign. Poor Shawn...would this be the 3rd time Belle's cheated on him? 

Yes

Phillip, Random Dude in Maine(who I'm surprised has never resurfaced).

• Love 3
On 1/30/2022 at 8:01 AM, Aymery said:

Can someone remind me why JoDevil wants Gabi? Does he not know she cannot carry a child to term? He would've been better off taking the guise of Chad (who's fathered 4 kids) and impregnating Abby (who's given birth to 2 kids). For that matter, why not have imitated Ben and impregnated Ciara in the first place?

🤔 Excellent points. Does he want to father a child now? Huh...

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Married Carrie was handling press for the hospital when Mike Horton was Chief of Staff and Nancy was scheming with Craig to out Carrie and Mike as having an affair. They also egged on Mike's crazy ex-girlfriend Ali (I think her name was) who sued for sexual harassment, all because Craig wanted Mike's job. I don't remember how that all ended though or if C&N ever apologized/were revealed as scummy.

4 hours ago, boes said:

😄😄😄😄 / 🤮🤮🤮🤮

(I couldn't pick a feeling there)

Sarah has amnesia now? Aw geez. So dumb.

ReRon!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Kristen left Abby to go get her food leaving her unattended to go for a walk outside. Quite the open door kidnapping. 

So Steve, Kayla, Abby, and Sarah enjoying island jungle vacation. 

Xanders words he used for his proposal was not describing Gwen. That Gwen she's the most loyal. Lol then using a recycled ring.

Sarah mind messed up from the drugs I guess. Who is this he? Xander or perhaps it's really someone else considering her brain.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Nancy asks Roman how his kids Carrie and Sami are.  Does anyone ever remember Eric ?

Eric had left Salem by the time Nancy and Roman came to town, so they have never met. For that matter they could also ask about the lesser twins, Rex and Cassie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4