Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Sonny & Damon is a pairing I could get behind. And in front of, on top of, and underneath. I'm sorry you guys, my mind sadly spends most of my waking hours in the gutter.

That death could be easily undone. Or Damon's gay twin brother can come to town. Either way, Sonny should be with a real man and not an elf that dresses like a grandpa, sports a Trump-esque combover, and has one facial expression.

Does anyone know the Damon actors' name?

The actor who played Damon is Paul Telfer.. Born October 30, 1979. Some photos...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=paul+telfer&FORM=HDRSC2

Sonny & Damon is a pairing I could get behind. And in front of, on top of, and underneath. I'm sorry you guys, my mind sadly spends most of my waking hours in the gutter.

That death could be easily undone. Or Damon's gay twin brother can come to town. Either way, Sonny should be with a real man and not an elf that dresses like a grandpa, sports a Trump-esque combover, and has one facial expression.

Does anyone know the Damon actors' name?

Paul Telfer.  His imdb is at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1533208/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1

God, what a bunch of horrible scenes today.  Nicole needs to pull together the shreds of her dignity and quit groveling, and Eric needs to foad.

• Love 3

Re: Eve and JJ, I find it hard to watch because the actor who plays JJ (Casey?) is hard-selling the self-loathing so well. It really comes off like JJ's doing it because he hates himself that much, which has the net effect of making Eve look even more creepily predatory than she already does. Like, it's not just the age gap, it's that he's got true problems that she's playing on. Ugh.

She really is a messed up predator and I could go on about emotionally destroying her daughter.  It isn't just Paige's fault she is basically having a breakdown and she gets points from me by moving out and dropping Mary Beth.  JJ is doing such a great job in this role.  He is disgusted but his nature is to actually care about what Suddenly Southern is going through.  They are bonding over their concern for Paige which is sick, complex and a bit interesting at the same time. KDP's manic acting style is working in this context.

Jeannie T needs a break.  Poor girl is so hardened from the verbal abuse she keeps getting.  I can't wait to see her happy even though I love love love her snark and truthtelling.

Ugh I couldn't even watch the coffee break with Dark Roast and Fr Eeyore to complain about Nicole some more.  There was no point to it.  Nicole is still on the apology tour?  Stop it even though I like to see her.  Eventually she will reveal Shrewena so there's that.

Loved it when JJ told Vapidfail he doesn't answer to her. And I had to LOL when JJ walked away and we had to wait 3 beats for Failure to turn her head to the camera with what I knew would be a gaping mouth.  He should move into the dorms too.  Didn't Shawn and Belle  live in the dorm?  Trust me, a 20 year old does not want to be hugged by his mother several times a day. And she peeks into his room too??  Um, no.  What was hysterical was the way Slappyfail kept following her mother step by step demonstrating what we all know is Failure following in Judgy's footsteps. 

As for today I saw Dark Roast again, was amazed by Jordan's boobies and when I muted Strawberry Shortcake's giggling I fell asleep. 

• Love 3

I'm not seeing any sparks between Melanie and Brady but I think that's mostly because of how little I like Brady.  He's a self-involved, rather stupid, entitled little rich kid with a HUGE reservoir of self-pity.  I can't see anyone with an ounce of intelligence being interested in him for any longer than it takes for him get his daily bikini wax.  

But Mel on her own, more and more, I'm enjoying.  I'm seeing the Melanie I ended up liking before she left the last time. 

I liked the way she was with Theresa today.  I love Theresa a lot, but she really didn't need to go after Mel the way she did today.  I know it was a reaction to having to put up with Despicable Dan, but nontheless she could have, should have, avoided this unnecessary confrontation with Mel.  But Mel handled it well - not much snark back, no put-downs, none of usual Salem sneering.  When Mel is acting the adult, I like.  Maybe this Dr. Mandrake stuff won't be so bad....

On the other hand, Theresa should have just kneed Dan where his brains reside the minute he started listing her deficits.  I am so sick of his superior air - and his manly swagger.  When he starts that crap he looks like a guy with an advanced case of crabs far more than the new Kevin Costner.  It was bad enough to have him go and on with Theresa, but when Nicole further debased herself by telling him he made her want to be a better person, any desire on my part to eat just disappeared.  

This is the guy who boinked Chelsea, young enough to be his daughter, and also treated her like crap.  AND, while seeing her, he also boinked her grandma Kate.  Then when Chelsea gives him the boot, he resumes his relationship with Kate, who is also his patient.  And while he's seeing her, he THEN sleeps with Chloe - who is with Lucas.  Kate dumps his sorry ass and then he pressures Chloe to dump Lucas.  She says No to him until he finally lands her on the day of her engagement party.  And, all this time, he has Lucas thinking he's just a HELL OF A GUY.  Lucas and Chloe get married, but Darlin' Dan keeps up the affair anyway.  And so much more.  THIS is the dirtbag who feels entitled to pass judgement on other people.  GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

So for years we've been told that Sami is the messed up twin.  Sami.  Not Eric.  Eric GOOD.  Sami BAD.  Turns out that Eric is really the nutcase of the family.  

When he's close to 40, Eric decides that he really wants to dress up in pretty robes and have people kiss his ass - I mean, his ring - and manages to get a "vocation" to the priesthood.  Which also means he can now also tell everyone what to do while all they can do is tell him what a super dooper dood he is because he talks to God and they don't.  And he also no longer has to pretend to be interested in people, or give a rats ass about what they think or how they feel.  

Then crazyass nutcase Kristen Dimera rapes him, Nicole dares to fall for him, she does something really stupid and rather mean, and this man of God can't forgive HER - but somehow seems able to forgive Kristen.  And now he's all goosey because another woman wants him and he really gets off on denying her access to his own private piece of the true cross.  Mighty small piece anyway.  

The guy gets off on making other people miserable almost as much as he enjoys feeling sorry for himself.

I hope Serena stuffs that elephant up his sainted rear when she's done with him.  

ALL the women in Salem, except for Jennifer and Abigail, deserve so much better than what the town has on offer.  For Abigail and Jennifer, the men in town are exactly right.

It looks like Jar Jar is starting to lose interest in Plastic Ollie, doesn't it?  I swear her lazy eye is turning more and more in Chad's direction.  We'll see her slime her way towards him any day now.  Poor Ollie - maybe he can hook up with Eric.  Niether guy has any real parts so nothing can really go wrong.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

I have to say, the Hope/Aiden story is absolutely hilarious in FF mode. (I'm FFing because I have no doubt Aiden is a good guy.) When she yanked out that axe and stared at it in horror, I just about busted a gut laughing.

I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for Chad/Jordan. Maybe because I know once she goes he'll be hyper-focused on Abifail, and his watchability will decline rapidly for me?

• Love 5

I had to laugh today over the ax in the closet. It's a cabin, wood might be chopped for a fire. An ax could come in handy unless Aiden uses a Bowie knife. 

Me too.   It made me start remembering the old Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier song.

Maybe Aiden also was

born on a mountain top in Tennessee

Greenest state in the Land of the Free

Raised in the woods so he knew every tree

Killed himself a bear when he was only three

Aiden, Aiden Jennings, 

King of the wild fronteer.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for Chad/Jordan. Maybe because I know once she goes he'll be hyper-focused on Abifail, and his watchability will decline rapidly for me?

I have a soft spot for them, too.  Hopefully the new writers will bring back CS and put her back with Billy Flynn.  Chad does not need to be with Abigail.

• Love 4

Keeping with recasts, I'm still pretending that Eve is an entirely new character, because the Eve Donovan I knew and loved wouldn't do this to her own daughter. However, I like what KDP has been doing with her lately, even if I don't know what the hell that is. She hasn't won me over as *the* Eve (though that's more to blame on the writing), but she's making this Eve interesting.

I think of all the recasts as entirely new characters, essentially. Sonny married a guy with same name as the man he fell in love with. This Chad is not Sonny's best friend.

• Love 1

Teresa use to be my favorite character but she is losing me lately.  Every time she is on screen she is so mean.  Need to see a little vulnerability  and maybe a scene of her being nice to one person.   Although I still hope she gets her baby back and keeps her away from Brady.

Melanie ITA with the poster earlier who said she is better on her own.   Brady & Melanie are a couple I would usually like.   Friends who become more.   Just as an on & off again (most off) viewer I never witnessed their friendship.  Besides since I have watched this show this is the third relationship for Brady.

Hope & Aiden story is very interesting and old soap.  Just wish there were more people involved in it.

• Love 6

How did Abigail fail to notice that Jordan had tears in her eyes when she was telling her about Chad? 

Abigail starts talking, people start crying, and then she runs off as if nothing had happened. What a weirdo...

• Love 8

Poor Sonny. As if his business problems weren't bad enough, he's also had to deal with being figuratively stabbed in the back by Will and Paul and literally stabbed in the back because of Victor and Clyde's bullshit and Damon the hot hit man's shitty aim. Had Damon aimed for the head instead of the heart, Sonny probably wouldn't have ended up in the hospital in the first place. Damon deserved to die for his incompetence, hot or not. Re the hospital scenes, almost everyone involved was great, especially Freddie Smith and John Aniston; GW, however, sucked like a hooker on payday. His version of Will is lame, to say the least. If Chandler Massey still played him, his Will would've shown enough guilt for me to at least consider feeling sorry for him, but GW's will doesn't inspire even the smallest shred of sympathy from me. if Will had truly given a shit about Sonny or his marriage, hurting them wouldn't have been options. I'm not letting Paul off the hook, either. If Paul had given a shit about boundaries he wouldn't mack on Sonny every chance he gets nor sleep with someone else who's in another relationship (for now, anyway) with Paul's so-called "twu wuv," unbeknownst to Paul. So what if Paul's blood saved Sonny's life? Since he's one of the people who's most responsible for ruining it in the first place, that's the least he could've done. Giving blood doesn't make Paul anymore worthy of Sonny than Will's newfound guilt does. Sonny deserves much better than either of them or Damon. Now that Sonny knows about the crime, it's time for punishment. Will and Paul should/must suffer for hurting Sonny. They've confused Sonny's kindness for weakness and ignorance one time too many and they should pay for it by Sonny's hand. 

Sonny should absolutely go at least half Kiriakis on them because it wouldn't just be epic soap, it would be awesome. However, Sonny shouldn't do it alone. He'll need a partner. Someone whose very presence, even the very sight of him, alone or with Sonny, would cut Will and Paul to the bone. One person comes to mind-Brian. He's a hot guy who was hot with/for Sonny and since he's never liked Will anyway, he's also got good taste, where Will's concerned, anyway. Brian could be Sonny's perfect partner in "crime," among other things. Sonny can forgive and forget when he's through with Pill if he wants to, which hopefully won't be anytime soon, if ever. I say, "Bring on the BriSon." 

[sonny] should've just told Will about Paul from the start. If he had, perhaps Will might've avoided being around him, or at least more cautious. This while mess resulted from both of them keeping secrets from one another. 

I respectfully disagree. For one thing, since Paul was still closeted at the time, Sonny probably figured it wasn't his secret to tell and since he didn't want to out Paul, he kept quiet. Even if Sonny had told Will about Paul, chances are Paul would've denied it anyway, therefore Sonny did the right thing on that score, the way I see it. As for the money problems, Sonny did keep them secret from Will at first but Sonny, unlike Will, manned up and owned up to his mistakes; Will, otoh, not only screwed up (figuratively and literally), his taking Kate's advice to lie about it will only make things even worse. Given Kate's latest lover, she has about as much business giving Will relationship advice as Kanye West does teaching awards show etiquette. Base on what I've seen of Sonny, I believe that he's not only got way less secrets than Will, chances are that whatever secrets he does still have pale by comparison, not that they're any of Will's business anymore. Sonny has suffered way too much for his sins; Will and Paul, otoh, haven't-yet. When their suffering starts, I will savor their much-deserved misery like chocolate. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

As much I can't stand Will, I don't really get why he should feel inferior to Paul because he donated his blood  either. If Paul had donated his kidney or liver, I'd understand, but blood??? Will should feel inferior for his lack of brains...

Sami has screwed up in a lot, but I really can't picture her making this particular kind of mistake (i.e sleeping with an interview subject, who happens to be the ex-lover of her husband, while doing a journalism assignment. Sami, despite having no university education and possibly no high school diploma to meet the educational requirements of a particular job, would have taken her job seriously!). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I had to laugh today over the ax in the closet. It's a cabin, wood might be chopped for a fire. An ax could come in handy unless Aiden uses a Bowie knife. 

Also, who stores a jug of antifreeze on its side in the living room endtable? 

• Love 4

That's why I find watching the story in FF mode funny. If I weren't FFing, there's a small chance I could get caught up in the atmosphere and suspicions like Hope is, but since I'm FFing it's just all so damn hilarious. She's creeping around like she's Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween and freaking out over normal stuff. Next she'll go into the kitchen and have a fit because there are KNIVES!!! there.

(I was just watching S1 of Penny Dreadful and they did a little scene like this. Eva Green's character Vanessa, her head full of all the trouble she's having with vampires and demons and curses, is sitting outside a church and a little girl strikes up a conversation with her. The conversation takes a seemingly creepy turn and Vanessa starts getting all freaked out by this little girl...and then it turns out the girl meant something perfectly ordinary, and Vanessa just had to kind of laugh at herself for a minute because she wouldn't have misinterpreted it in the first place were her head not full of vampires and demons and curses.)

• Love 2

Does the actress playing Melanie think moving her hair (bangs) away from her eye is acting? It.drives.me.up.a.wall. She is annoying as an actress and a character. Who thought it would be a good idea to bring her back? The whole acting like a ditz isn't attactive in the least. It's like she wants to be on a sitcom but couldn't get a prime time gig. Is it written/ directed that way IR is it the only way she can act?

• Love 5

Sami has screwed up in a lot, but I really can't picture her making this particular kind of mistake

One of the biggest differences I see between Sami and Will, is that while Sami would go to disturbing lengths to get the man she loved, or for revenge, she was never as passive as Will is.  Chandler's Will wasn't this passive either.

• Love 4

Also, who stores a jug of antifreeze on its side in the living room endtable? 

This cracked me up because for weeks, my husband and I have been battling over a tube of de-icer he insists on keeping on the table by our front door, and that's the first thing that came to mind when Hope pulled the antifreeze out of the drawer.

The male leads on this show really are all insufferable, aren't they? Save Sonny and Chad, and maybe JJ when he gets his head out of his ass, I have no use for any of them.

• Love 2

I hope Victor puts a hit on plastic mannequin and Abifail gets caught in the crossfire.

This is very possible since they're always having sex. Also cuz eye for an eye (in this case eyebrow . ) Mr. Rapey attacked Sonny so the natural retaliation is Abigail's penis supplier.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

The actress who plays Melanie (can't remember her name) was on some Disney Channel show and played a dimwit. It explains a lot of where her acting style comes from.

My tween daughters recognize her. Don't know the name of the show so I guess it wasn't a bit hit.

This is very possible since they're always having sex. Also cuz eye for an eye (in this case eyebrow . ) Mr. Rapey attacked Sonny so the natural retaliation is Abigail's penis supplier.

I think it's probably more like balloon animals in their case.  

• Love 3

Catching up on the past few eppys...

Oh Mel, for the love of all that's holy, will you PLEASE cover up your damn shoulders girl? We get you're a poor little waif, but can't you buy sweaters that fit? It's the dead of winter, ya know? Although filming in late summer early fall has its disadvantages I'm sure. (I swear the other day all the actors were sweating and looked like they had heat stroke. Poor things.)   Also, don't just push your bra straps down your shoulders...makes the "girls" look all kinds of weird shaped. Go braless or get a strapless for crying out loud. What is wardrobe thinking?!

Brady & Mel...FF. Altho Mel on the Dr Mandrake lead might be interesting, except she'll be the heroine & Theresa a victim again. Argh.

Paige & her whiny conversations with everyone she meets...FF.

Abby, Jen, Dan....more FF.

Hope.....Aiden...watching but it's getting tougher. I really hope he is not a killer & maybe-not-so-dead-wife is just playing everyone.

I really hope Sonny makes will squirm, then walks away from him & takes Ari. (Yeah, I know.) I like the actor playing Paul so I'm curious to see where this goes. (I do wish they could recast  sneasel, I mean Will...sorry Guy. )

Serena...just trade out the damn elephant already. I seriously doubt Eric would figure it out because only Nicole  is an evil lying manipulative b****. (I hate hearing that word all the time on this show. Argh.)

Love KDP but where are they going with this story??

Nicole...you don't owe dirty Dan a thing. Move on, you can do so much better!! Just wash that damn orange off your skin once & for all!

Theresa...wish she could wait just a bit before she goes off on others...then again they are usually telling her how worthless she is so I don't blame her. (Plus I really like Jen Lilly so I'm always on her side no matter what.)

OK...I am clearly giving this darn show way too much thought. lol.

Edited because evidently I can't spell or type.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 6

JL is definitely why I remain true to my Theresa love. A lesser actress would have killed my sympathy for her long ago. It does help that I don't care for the people who are treating her like crap so that I don't mind when she snaps at them unprovoked. I'd rather have her do this, though, than the non-stop apologizing they're forcing AZ to do as Nicole.

• Love 12

It would be nice if Theresa could calm down a little. 95% of the time we see her she's being nasty with someone and it's getting old. If she wants to go off on Abifail and raccoon Jen that's totally understandable but Melanie wasn't even doing anything to her. My sympathy for her only goes so far. Yes, Abifail, raccoon Jen and Dan need to be murdered, but it's not like she's some innocent victim here. Certain people have legitimate reasons to not like her. She needs to just accept that and move on and maybe try to make amends with certain people, not for their sake but for hers. It has to be exhausting walking around angry all the time and having no friends.

• Love 7

I think of all the recasts as entirely new characters, essentially. Sonny married a guy with same name as the man he fell in love with. This Chad is not Sonny's best friend.

This! I get that soaps have longed used recasts to re-invent and/or re-interpret a character, but for years now Days has been using recasts to create brand new characters. Even minor characters like Ben that weren't even on long with the original/previous actor was turned into a totally new character with the recast.

ETA: and IMHO the "new" character usually sucks like a hooker on pay day (TM awesome person that posted that expression either here or on the GH board).

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

Caught up on last week this Sunday... hoo boy.

James Read, I love you but I do not love Clyde. And I am not rooting for you. I am rooting for Victor to introduce you to a world of hurt and wipe you off the face of the planet. Also, this threat about if Victor succeeds in killing Clyde, then all of Clyde's men will rain down fire on Victor's family because... why exactly? Because they're just so god damn loyal? It seems to me, that they'd either start fighting each other for control over Clyde's 'business' or find others to work for... perhaps even do their best to cover their tracks and disappear from Victor's radar. It seems to me that if Vic is strong enough to cut the head off the snake, then the rest of them would think twice about how to deal with him. Or is this supposed to be some sort of Hatfields/McCoys or Earps/Cowboys mess? Where the violence begats violence begats violence? Obviously Victor is going to come under fire for 'starting' this and for hiding the fact that he knows who attacked Sonny and all that noise...

Do I have to wait for Victor to figure out how EJ died and team up with Stefano to erase Clyde from the Salem map? Because... that's going to be awhile, obviously.

Brady/Melanie etc... don't care. When Teresa figures out what Kristen did then I might get interested again but, man, I'm neither rooting for Melanie/Brady to make it or for Teresa to get him back.

The more I see of JJ's home life the more his whatever you call it with Eve makes sense. His life with Mom and sis is fucked up. Which isn't to say that his whatever it is with Eve isn't fucked up because it is and it isn't to say that Eve isn't all kinds of fucked up herself because, bow howdy, is she. However, Eve should congratulate herself. She's absolutely succeeded in giving Paige a life that is better than her own and, as such, has succeeded in making sure that her daughter knows without a doubt that she is better than her mother and happy to say so at every opportunity. Eve is a mess and it's clear that she's not done right by herself over the years but she's still managed to raise a reasonably smart girl even is she's so over-whelmingly sheltered and, yes, spoiled that she thinks she entitled to answers that aren't hers.

Here's the thing, though... Paige and JJ are not a rootable couple in this at all. JJ is fucked up but I think it's safe to say he was already well into that wheelhouse before Eve ever showed up. He has been having a continuous, hate-filled affair with her mother and, to me, that's not something you just deal with and get back together with. Hell, at this point it makes more sense for Paige to move in with Jennifer and Abigail so they can all be smugly superior together. JJ can hang with Eve... if they ever decided to stop insisting that the other was the worst thing ever they'd probably get along just fine. They can even cut the sex out... the thing is, they at least know the worst of each other and can't be too judgemental. I kind of understood why he ended up staying the other say... with Eve, he's got no secrets... he's not hiding anything. Yeah, the two of them 'bonding' over the fact that they both 'lost Paige' is all kinds of inappropriate and icky... but I got it.

I don't even see Eve as a predator in this situation... when someone is as clearly fucked up as she is, and she is so beyond that I need to invent a new word for it, it's not about her manipulating JJ into her bed. KDP is an amazing crier, though. Damn, she always gets me. There are seeds of a story here but it's not enough. The mutual hate is a bit much at this point, I wish they'd stop telling each other how awful they are... we got it. They both ARE awful... but it's kind of overkill at this point. I still believe that when it comes down to it, Eve is going to take ALL the blame for this. She's going to lose a daughter she's already lost and then it's going to be month after month of everyone in Salem being all too eager to get in her face and remind her what a miserable piece of human waste she is... and, frankly, that shit's never fun to watch.

I'd much rather see Eve and Teresa really bond over Eve's fuck ups and what Kristen did to Teresa more than anything involving Paige.

Then there's the Serena and the elephant story. Whatever.

• Love 9

Nothing to really add, but the anvils were falling all over the place with the Sparkle and Marlena scenes.

Was it just me or did it seem like there were too many people on today's show?

Thank the Lord someone is confused by Mel and Brady. Have Jawn and Dark Roast ever shared a scene before where he wasn't comatose?

I also want to know if Sonny was more upset that Will slept with Paul or that Paul slept with Will.

• Love 2

Caught up on last week this Sunday... hoo boy.

James Read, I love you but I do not love Clyde. And I am not rooting for you. I am rooting for Victor to introduce you to a world of hurt and wipe you off the face of the planet. Also, this threat about if Victor succeeds in killing Clyde, then all of Clyde's men will rain down fire on Victor's family because... why exactly? Because they're just so god damn loyal? It seems to me, that they'd either start fighting each other for control over Clyde's 'business' or find others to work for... perhaps even do their best to cover their tracks and disappear from Victor's radar. It seems to me that if Vic is strong enough to cut the head off the snake, then the rest of them would think twice about how to deal with him. Or is this supposed to be some sort of Hatfields/McCoys or Earps/Cowboys mess? Where the violence begats violence begats violence? Obviously Victor is going to come under fire for 'starting' this and for hiding the fact that he knows who attacked Sonny and all that noise...

Do I have to wait for Victor to figure out how EJ died and team up with Stefano to erase Clyde from the Salem map? Because... that's going to be awhile, obviously.

Brady/Melanie etc... don't care. When Teresa figures out what Kristen did then I might get interested again but, man, I'm neither rooting for Melanie/Brady to make it or for Teresa to get him back.

The more I see of JJ's home life the more his whatever you call it with Eve makes sense. His life with Mom and sis is fucked up. Which isn't to say that his whatever it is with Eve isn't fucked up because it is and it isn't to say that Eve isn't all kinds of fucked up herself because, bow howdy, is she. However, Eve should congratulate herself. She's absolutely succeeded in giving Paige a life that is better than her own and, as such, has succeeded in making sure that her daughter knows without a doubt that she is better than her mother and happy to say so at every opportunity. Eve is a mess and it's clear that she's not done right by herself over the years but she's still managed to raise a reasonably smart girl even is she's so over-whelmingly sheltered and, yes, spoiled that she thinks she entitled to answers that aren't hers.

Here's the thing, though... Paige and JJ are not a rootable couple in this at all. JJ is fucked up but I think it's safe to say he was already well into that wheelhouse before Eve ever showed up. He has been having a continuous, hate-filled affair with her mother and, to me, that's not something you just deal with and get back together with. Hell, at this point it makes more sense for Paige to move in with Jennifer and Abigail so they can all be smugly superior together. JJ can hang with Eve... if they ever decided to stop insisting that the other was the worst thing ever they'd probably get along just fine. They can even cut the sex out... the thing is, they at least know the worst of each other and can't be too judgemental. I kind of understood why he ended up staying the other say... with Eve, he's got no secrets... he's not hiding anything. Yeah, the two of them 'bonding' over the fact that they both 'lost Paige' is all kinds of inappropriate and icky... but I got it.

I don't even see Eve as a predator in this situation... when someone is as clearly fucked up as she is, and she is so beyond that I need to invent a new word for it, it's not about her manipulating JJ into her bed. KDP is an amazing crier, though. Damn, she always gets me. There are seeds of a story here but it's not enough. The mutual hate is a bit much at this point, I wish they'd stop telling each other how awful they are... we got it. They both ARE awful... but it's kind of overkill at this point. I still believe that when it comes down to it, Eve is going to take ALL the blame for this. She's going to lose a daughter she's already lost and then it's going to be month after month of everyone in Salem being all too eager to get in her face and remind her what a miserable piece of human waste she is... and, frankly, that shit's never fun to watch.

I'd much rather see Eve and Teresa really bond over Eve's fuck ups and what Kristen did to Teresa more than anything involving Paige.

I was with you until the last sentence. I would watch Serena fondle that elephant each and every episode just to see Melissa Archer again. ;)

• Love 2

Theresa (to Clint): I don't even know your last name.

Clint: Eastwood

I'm wondering if Paul will think that Will conned him and knew that he was Sonny's ex and was playing him.

I entirely don't understand the scene between Paul and Marlena.  What was he there for?  An "Oh, my God, you're gay!?" reaction?

• Love 1

I was with you until the last sentence. I would watch Serena fondle that elephant each and every episode just to see Melissa Archer again. ;)

The only thing that will elevate this elephant story for me is if it's filled with drugs, microfilm or both. Yes. Microfilm. Go old school. SURPRISE ME!

• Love 5

I'm actually finding it amusing that these idiot writers have yet another SL going nowhere which literally has an elephant in the room no one wants to talk about.

Oh how I wish Sonny would say to Will, "You are not the man I fell in love with."  If the writers are going to insist on these horrible SLs and recasts, they could at least throw a little meta entertainment in with them.

• Love 9

I entirely don't understand the scene between Paul and Marlena.  What was he there for?  An "Oh, my God, you're gay!?" reaction?

Why would Mr. Sparkle assume Marlena wished to gloat, of all things? Does he really find himself so important that random strangers are invested in calibrating their gaydar by his universal signal? There must be some reason why it's so important that Paul find Marlena so completely abrasive, no matter how contrived the reasoning. (I'm presuming the speculation about his being Spawn of Jawn must be true.) He comes to her office and tells her he's ready to talk to her, but she's not allowed to ask questions? Does he understand how therapy works? Do the writers? So, so dumb. If the point of the story is to make Paul more sympathetic, somebody's misjudged the effect of the story, or the appeal of the actor, very badly.

• Love 3

I really wish that Teresa and Eve could be real sisters, and support each other but they sure don't.

I love KDP and she is gorgeous, but as a MILF with JJ, not so much.  It's entirely disgusting.

When Nathan Fillion played Joey Buchanan and bedded Dorian Lord, now that was hot, and fun.  This entire storyline is disturbing and I feel almost as if they are headed to an attempted suicide story for JJ.  

• Love 2

At the beginning of the episode when Derrick flashed back to telling Jackson that Paul & Wont are lovers, Freddie Smith conveyed so much in about 4 seconds and without uttering a word. I'm really looking forward to Jackson ripping into Wont because I know Freddie is going to kill it.

I hope he gets his personal life together and tries to do primetime again . He is way too good for this show.

• Love 2

I want Teresa's mascara. That is all.

She said in SOD a couple months ago what brand and make she uses. Give a a day of two and I'll try to find the old issue. I recall its inexpensive but comes in a box-like case as though its a pen.

The Marlena and Paul scenes were odd.  They were rude and adversarial for reasons I don't even understand.  Or care to, really.

Also, I don't care about Will Horton at all.  He's both passive and a dirty rotten cheater who happily throws his family under the bus whenever it suits him.  I've never understood what Sonny sees in him.

Can't wait to see what happens with Hope and Aiden *and* Teresa and Melanie.  Teresa desperately needs a friend. 

Does anyone recall if the new writer coming on (Dena Higley??) is the one who introduced the Rappahorde on OLTL?  I sincerely hope not.

The only thing that will elevate this elephant story for me is if it's filled with drugs, microfilm or both. Yes. Microfilm. Go old school. SURPRISE ME!

OMG I'd love it if there was microfilm in that thing!  The olden days with microfilm and spies and whatnot was my favorite era of soaps.

She said in SOD a couple months ago what brand and make she uses. Give a a day of two and I'll try to find the old issue. I recall its inexpensive but comes in a box-like case as though its a pen.

She really does have beautiful lashes.  Looking forward to learning what she uses on them.

• Love 3
Does anyone recall if the new writer coming on (Dena Higley??) is the one who introduced the Rappahorde on OLTL?  I sincerely hope not.

She's not. The crimes Higley inflicted on OLTL were not Rappahorde related. They were Spencer Truman and 'Let's retcon history to have a legacy child of the show's matriarch and have it turn out that she was molested in bars as a five year old and had kiddie porn made of her! Because I don't shy away from the unpalatable!'

I fucking hate Higley.

• Love 7