Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The fact that the mugger/hitman stole Sonny's ID and wedding band seems to open up the possibility of amnesia. But why try to make it look like a mugging if you're going to the trouble of dosing Sonny's wound with cocaine to send a message to Uncle Vic?

I hope Pop-Up Victor crushes some people like bugs.

Something just occurred to me: these hacks are going to steal from The Vow, aren't they? Sonny's going to wake up and only remember Paul and his pearly whites, isn't he? Jeebus.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

I hope the show surprises us and have Sonny remember everything before the attack and have him secretly plot Will's destruction. Will deserves it..Sonny deserves better than him. He has put up with alot from Will and his problems. He deserved more loyalty and appreciation. I would have been more sympathetic to Sneasel if he had resisted Sparkle's advances. If the show had put an effort in building the attraction between them over the course of months. It makes no sense that he would fall into bed so easily with Sparkle. It would have made more sense if Sonny had had a one night stand due to  their history, while Will is away...It is obvious that the show is going to put Sonny back together with Sparkle. How convenient that he is the only one in town with the same blood type as Sonny. How is the show going to explain the absences of his brothers. This would be the perfect time to introduce Alexander and the twins, while Sonny is recuperating from his injuries. Sonny is their baby brother and they should be in town to support him. I would have  had one of the twins supporting Will and the other one supporting Sparkle in their battle for Sonny's love. Will and Sparkle are friendly now, once they find out about each other. The gloves will come off. Alex is Justin's son with Angelica. Angelica was something else when she was in town. I would love to see what their son  is like. He should be a force to reckon with, taking on Chad as top dog in town. He should  have a rivalry with Brady with Victor stuck in the middle of them. I would also love to see how Adrienne relates to her other sons. Family drama is at the heart of a good soap.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I echo most of the opinions here about the Sonny/Will/Paul triangle. I just want to say the stabbing scene with Sonny trying to scream with the hand over his mouth killed me and I'm the person who usually laughs at the hokey shootings/stabbings/bludgeonings that happen in soaps.

Edited by Auroraborealus
  • Love 5

I just a few things to say about Friday's episode:

First off, I'm going to say that when Will was lamenting over unconscious Sonny my mind flashed back to last year when it was reversed, and wow Guy just was a complete let down. In the same situation Freddie was practically crying and kept kissing Chandler, either on the lips or his hand. I totally bought that Sonny was freaking out over almost losing Will. Guy's Will acted like this was more of a burden on him than relief that his husband was going to live.Did he even touch him? Kinda ironic that he's talking about him and Ari being all alone, get ready for it kiddo. The only one I'm feeling sorry for after the shit hits the fan is Ari.

Where the hell was Kate? You'd think she'd be right there........

Was it really necessary to make us watch Melanie and Brady go at it? I just can't imagine Brady getting on top of her. I think his sheer mass would suffocate her.

I give it until the end of the month before Adrienne and Lucas hook up....

Whoever it was that stabbed Sonny better have left town right afterwards. Hell hath no fury like a Kirakis.

I really hope Sonny wakes up when Sparkles and Sneasel are finding out the truth at his bedside. Even weakened I'm sure Sonny could bitch out the both of them.

Next week looks like it's gonna be good.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 5

I'm surprised they didn't play up Sonny being at death's door more. Just like when Will got shot, he was okay so quickly.

Adrienne needs to talk to Justin before jumping to conclusions. Hopefully they will abandon this nonsense with Lucas since Justin is coming back, and not just for one episode either.

I noticed Adrienne mentioned the twins but not Alex. Strange.

As usual Dan and Naggie got the glory and Kayla was chopped liver.

Melanie and Brady just used Sonny as an excuse to have sex.

Chad would do anything for Wilson? Okay. What was the whole contract issue about then?

Paul irritated with yet another fantasy. Giving Abigail a run for her money.

I love how Mar immediately assumed something was wrong with Jawn.

Sweet words from Will, but it's too late. He just can't compete with that blood donation, especially after what he did.

• Love 2

II noticed Adrienne mentioned the twins but not Alex. Strange.

I could have sworn Adrienne said "I called Alex and the twins" amd that she couldn't just leave them a message about their brother.

Since when does Abby and Sonny have this past where theyplayed together.  Didn't Jennifer leave Slaem with Abby when Abby was quite small and she didn't return again until after boarding school?  Ashley Benson played her then and Abby was kind of awesome and then KM took over.

Sweet words from Will, but it's too late. He just can't compete with that blood donation, especially after what he did.

Honestly, I think Sonny will be grateful to Paul but I don't think he'll be able to deal with Paul and Sneasel's sleeping together.

• Love 1

I could have sworn Adrienne said "I called Alex and the twins" amd that she couldn't just leave them a message about their brother.

Since when does Abby and Sonny have this past where theyplayed together. Didn't Jennifer leave Slaem with Abby when Abby was quite small and she didn't return again until after boarding school? Ashley Benson played her then and Abby was kind of awesome and then KM took over.

Honestly, I think Sonny will be grateful to Paul but I don't think he'll be able to deal with Paul and Sneasel's sleeping together.

Woops, I must have missed that part about Adrienne from the recap I read, since I can't watch.

When Sonny came to Salem it was implied that Abby and JJ had visited Sonny because they were close and Abby already knew Sonny was gay.

That Paul and Will thing just looks so bad, because who would you rather forgive (not that Paul really needs it)? The man who saved your life by giving extra blood or the man who cheated on you?

• Love 1

Oh, interesting that Chad just happened to be the one to tell Sparkle that Sonny was hurt. The odds that Paul will turn out to be a DiMera just increased. Should make things even more interesting especially since Chad said he would to anything to help Will and Sonny.

• Love 1

I've really enjoyed the last 2 episodes.  Even though it was obvious Sonny would survive, all the actor's did a good job portraying their shock and concern.   Will be interesting to see Justin, as I haven't seen him in years!    And if they are going to break up him and Adrienne, glad he will be there in person to acknowledge it is over, unlike Bo and Hope.

Is Daniel supposed to be a "good guy", cause I am disliking him more and more each episode.  Nicole didn't even *do* anything to him. At least Eric has a reason to be so unforgiving towards her.  Speaking of Daniel, is he the only doctor in Salem?

Wonder who the show wants us to be rooting for in the Sonny - Will - Paul triangle, cause today I had more feeling towards Paul than Will.  

Clyde has to be dead, right, as he was shot at least a day ago.  And even if he is alive, he would not be in any shape to order the hit on Sonny.

• Love 1

I love how Mar immediately assumed something was wrong with Jawn.

Well, in Marlena's defence, something is wrong with Jawn -- deeply, terribly wrong. It's not really relevant in these circumstances, but it is nonetheless consistently true.

• Love 7

I would have rather seen Abifail save Sonny's life instead of Sparkle. I bet Sparkle won't even wait until Sonny is out of the hospital before he starts begging for another chance. He's never going to let him forget that he's the one who saved his life. "Oh Sonny, please please please dump your husband so we can be together. I saved your life and now I'll always be inside of you *sleazy wink*. We're meant to be." Barf.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure Victor was holding his breath the entire time Sneasel was talking all that nonsense. Victor not wise to challenge God, you'll always lose and Nicole knows that first hand when she challenged Him over Eric. Victor loses some points with me for hiring BOllie just like that, nice to know other applicants can be looked over just to hire that plastic looking thing with beaver teeth.

I'm always happy when we see more Damon. Hope he succeeds in killing the bastard that stabbed my Sonny

Sneasel if you can't match socks, there's something wrong with you on top of the usual. Please stay away from Sonny we don't need your breath to keep Sonny out of it any longer than he has to be. Here we go again with someone showing up at the door and just standing there, how much you wanna bet on Monday that Maxine or Adrienne stops Sparkles from going in? Writers are just a little too damn repetitive.

I can understand Naggie going home to change her clothes from the blood, but she had to get that hair done didn't she? Naggie's problem, well one of them is that she coddles Brady to death. Victor how can Naggie be exhausted when she had time to get her damn hair done before making the trip back to the hospital?

Damn Brady, for Nicole being your friend you think she made Toothy cry, is he that damn stupid to not realize the situation of Sonny being stabbed. STFU Brady. Damn Nicole can't go anywhere without someone getting their jabs in on her.

Nicole no, Sonny isn't in the best hands because he has to worry about Dingy's unwashed, unclean, dirt getting into his system. Another thing that is just stank about Dingy's career is that his career makes him a lifesaver and people have to thank him or tell him how great he is, like that ego needs to be inflated anymore than it usually is.

Dingy really needs to lower his expectations on women because he's no prize and be grateful that women want to be with him, for some unknown reason. Sick of it.

Even when trying to be serious Toothy just still comes off as a child and Brady needs to be arrested for dating an underage girl. I absolutely cringed looking at that "love" scene between Toothy and Brady it was so hard to watch. It's like watching a pedophile make a video with his victim. That's how uncomfortable I was watching it. I had to turn away from the screen, honestly I turned away.

Then we have BOllie introducing Jar Jar to human food instead of the trough of slop that Judgy forces her to eat. Then when Kayla told the news that Sonny is going to be fine, she wasn't on screen until she jumped into the scene and practically mauled Adrienne. I swear Jar Jar can replace Leo the Lion as the new mascot for MGM Films. 

I like how BOllie and Jar Jar think they know Sonny. I must have missed the numerous of scenes these two allegedly shared together. I don't remember seeing such scenes and BOllie saying, "Sounds like Sonny" WTF does he know?

• Love 4

GW is so bad.  So, so bad.  When he first came on I thought he resembled a cartoon space alien, but whomever said he was elfin-looking was so right.  All I saw today was an elf pretending to emote.  What were they thinking with this recast?

Also, having Adrienne on Ben propping-duty was gross.  That guy is such a useless character.  Haaaaate.

• Love 5
Is Daniel supposed to be a "good guy", cause I am disliking him more and more each episode.  Nicole didn't even *do* anything to him. At least Eric has a reason to be so unforgiving towards her.  Speaking of Daniel, is he the only doctor in Salem?

Dingy is just upset because he's in an odd position.  Dingy's always been the prize, the one that all of the wimmins wanted.  With Nicole obviously still having feelings for Eric, he knows that he's the consolation prize and his poor little ego can't take it.

• Love 3

I loved Victor giving God orders.

At least they mentioned Sonny's brothers, though no explanation as to why they didn't show up to their brother's bedside.

I've started wondering if the cocaine in the wound was a red herring to throw Victor off the trail.  Who else might have reason to stab Sonny?

Daniel is a dick.

• Love 1

Adrienne is really killing it this week -- I don't remember the last time I warmed up to her so much.

And whoa, that was quite a love scene with Melanie and Brady. I can't help it, I'm rooting for her. Just like JJ. 

• Love 1

Oh, Classic Victor ordering a hit on someone while in a chapel.

I hope unconscious Sonny was rolling his eyes during Will's "I'm extremely needy" bedside plea. I'm glad all it took for Will to realize Sonny is special is Sonny getting stabbed in the back and almost dying.

Where the hell is Kate? 

I'm sure Sonny was just daring Abigail to go do something so she would go away for awhile.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 2

He's never going to let him forget that he's the one who saved his life. "Oh Sonny, please please please dump your husband so we can be together. I saved your life and now I'll always be inside of you *sleazy wink*. We're meant to be." Barf.

If Sparkle Paul says anything close to this, I might have to crush some people like bugs.

• Love 2

Endings like today's makes me wish soaps would understand that longtime soap viewers (which would be the majority of the audience) know the overused, stale tricks of the medium. For instance, today's show ended with Paul standing just outside the door, about to come in. We know what that means: He won't come in, he won't see Will, he won't see Sonny. He'll be called away by somebody first or something like that, because if he did go in, the reaction shots would have been the cliffhanger instead. And so something that is meant to gin up suspense does the exact opposite.

• Love 2

This is an unpopular opinion, but I did not think that Guy was  bad in his acting by Sonny's bedside. I actually felt bad for Will. He has always been a lonely soul and in some ways Sonny gave him life, love and acceptance. He was always a pawn in the war between his parents all his life. He took his husband for granted and went too far.  Sonny who has always been so forgiving of Will's mistakes will not be so understanding this time. I think that speech where he said that he and Arianna would be alone without Sonny was an anvil that he indeed will be without Sonny for a while. Sonny will be angry at Will and he will be  striking back at him. Will has never had anybody make him face the consequences for his misdeeds. Perhaps Sonny will do that. His parents always coddled him and covered up for him out of guilt for ruining his childhood. The show is clearly going to put Sparkle with Sonny. They are making him more palatable than Will. Will is heading for a hard fall without the protection and love of Sonny. I think seeing his strong husband so vulnerable and hurt shook him up out of his complacency. For months he has been an arrogant , selfish condescending asshole to Sonny, treating him like shit and taking him for granted...It is when he is lying near death, he realizes that he is blessed to have a great man like Sonny in his life. Too little too late.. I don't see Sonny forgiving him for this betrayal and on some level Will  must know that.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Gay men aren't allowed to donate blood (actually, it's any man who has sex with another man).  I suppose the "Yep, I'm Gay" article could cause some drama for Adrienne (What have you done to my Sonny!?!) and the hospital.  It's an antiquated dumb law, and I did notice that Maxine shouted something about "getting it ready"...

Edited by SanDiegoInExile

I don't think Sonny will have amnesia.  If he had been hit over the head I would say yes, but he wasn't.  I do think he will keep things to himself for awhile.

So Victor's in the drug business again. And a mobster again.  Good.  I hated lovable Victor.  The man used to be even more evil than Clyde.  That's the way I like him.  Obviously Maggie doesn't know that Victor has reverted to his old ways.  I foresee a breakup when she finds out.

I think Clyde was wearing a bullet proof vest and is fine.  He knows though that it was Victor who put the hit out on him.  I'm thinking this is just the beginning of the violence between these two and others will end up getting hurt.

The Brady/Melanie love scene was horrific.  I hate the whole Jonas clan.  I shouldn't hate Parker, but I know he's going to have all the worst traits of Daniel and Melanie.  So I'm going to just start hating him already.

I was never a Justin and Adrienne fan so I'm liking Lucas and Adrienne. 

• Love 3

So there was at least one line reading from Guy Wilson that I didn't actively hate: when Won't told Adrienne that he had so much to make up to Sonny, there was real emotion in his voice. And his relief when Ont Kayla gave the family the good news was more vivid then anything I've seen from the character in a long, long time. The scene at Sonny's bedside was kind of dull in comparison with those two moments, brief as they were. I kept comparing Friday's bedside scene with the converse one when Will was shot, and Wilson just didn't give very much in that scene. Will's heart should be breaking, and he seems just ... sorry for himself? (I admit I was also wondering what Massey might have made of the same scenes.)

But have the writers decided that Will is a purely fearful person? He can't do anything without Sonny because he's afraid? Since when? The writing in that scene wasn't giving him any help, either.

Is it me, or do Blockhead Brady and Melanie almost have chemistry? Weird.

Edited by Sandman

Why did Brady seem surprised that Melanie was actually crying?

Does Brady get the most love scenes of any guy on this show?

Geez, even Melanie's underpants seem kind of childish. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Is it me, or do Blockhead Brady and Melanie almost have chemistry? Weird.

Weird, maybe, but I too see chemistry between them.  But I see absolutely none between Lucas and Adrienne. Or Abigail and Ben, for that matter.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4

I think Melanie and Brady had chemistry during the love scene, but I wasn't sure if that was simply because of the provocative choreography. When they start talking their "deep thoughts" I zone out. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I don't think Sonny will be amnesiac when he wakes up. He will keep it all to himself and plot his next move. I think his dark side will emerge and Will will not see it coming. He was filled with rage when he unloaded on Victor right before his attack in the park. I can only imagine what it will be like when he confronts sneasel about his betrayal. It will not be pretty. It might be like Sami and Ej again, when Sami lulled him into a sense of certainty and happiness before she nailed him to the wall. However, this time the town will be cheering Sonny on for putting Will in his place, I get the feeling that Will will be the town pariah for a while. He deserves it after what he did to Sami. He showed more sympathy for Abigail, the other woman over his own mother. He dismissed her pain  and reveled in her unhappiness over EJ's affair.  I never liked him the same after that. I would have had no problem if he blasted his mother behind closed doors for going too far in her quest for revenge.  However, to humiliate Sami by writing an expose about her was going too far..Now he has awakened the beast in his husband. His reckless behavior has hurt the person he vowed to love above everything. Now, Sonny will be looking for his pound of flesh and I hope he gets it.

• Love 2

If Sonny does plot revenge, it will be interesting to see Will realize that maybe Sami's reaction to Abigail and EJ wasn't out of the norm (at least by Salem standards, anyway). Then again, Will is pretty dumb so I'm not sure if he'll see the parallel.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I also like that Victor wants to help his favorite nephew and when he learns that Sonny was stabbed, I think we will see Uncle Vic at his most dangerous.  And I also love that he wants to get the drug trade out of Salem--no Breaking Bad crap here :):)

Vic's going full circle. 

He's the one who originally brought the drug trade into Salem.

You know now that I think about something just doesn't add up or compute with me. OK Dingy & Toothy were ready to just settle in for a night of popcorn and movies. Yet, there was a big bus accident in Salem where all the blood is basically depleted, wouldn't the hospital be calling Dingy and Toothy to bring their asses to the hospital to help and in case someone needs surgery? Nope, they only save people from prominent families for Dingy to operate on so everyone within a 10 mile radius can say how wonderful he is for saving the day. I mean writers like to praise Dingy anyway, so why not have a bus full of injured people do so.

Also since O- is so rare, there must have been a whole bunch of rare O- people on that damn bus, since there was barely enough for Sonny. Can we say PLOT PLOY writers. SMDH.

• Love 3

I don't see Won't becoming the town pariah, however much he might deserve it.

Weird, maybe, but I too see chemistry between them.  But I see absolutely none between Lucas and Adrienne. Or Abigail and Ben, for that matter.

Yeah -- same here. Adrienne and Lucas just make me squirm; like the prospect of watching two members of the local PTA get their suburban freak on. I don't wanna talk about Grabbilu Barbie and BOllie.

ETA: Have I mentioned how much I hate that the writers have turned Justin (Justin!) into a no-account, cheating dog, all offscreen? It's so cheap.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

Yeah -- same here. Adrienne and Lucas just make me squirm; like the prospect of watching two members of the local PTA get their suburban freak on.

My brain is screaming at me that they are related, biologically.  But their kids are involved, so they can't be.  But still I googled it anyway.  I do not know why this squicks me out.  I don't know why I come and check to see what's going on.  I always regret it.

• Love 3

Why did Brady seem surprised that Melanie was actually crying?

Because he was coked out of his tiny little mind when he was with his previous girlfriend, and the one before that doesn't actually experience human emotion? Just guessing.

• Love 1

Gay men aren't allowed to donate blood (actually, it's any man who has sex with another man).  I suppose the "Yep, I'm Gay" article could cause some drama for Adrienne (What have you done to my Sonny!?!) and the hospital.  It's an antiquated dumb law, and I did notice that Maxine shouted something about "getting it ready"...

I thought that the lines they gave Will were nowhere near as powerful as the lines they gave Sonny when Will was recovering from surgery, and wondered if it was because they didn't think Guy could handle them.

• Love 3

I don't see Won't becoming the town pariah, however much he might deserve it.

Yeah -- same here. Adrienne and Lucas just make me squirm; like the prospect of watching two members of the local PTA get their suburban freak on. I don't wanna talk about Grabbilu Barbie and BOllie.

ETA: Have I mentioned how much I hate that the writers have turned Justin (Justin!) into a no-account, cheating dog, all offscreen? It's so cheap.

I'm not bothered with Justin and Adrienne having marital problems.  They've each cheated before, plus a few years ago Justin tried to put the moves on Hope (looks like Hope was waiting around for the other handsome lawyer with dimples.) Plus I know Justin and Adrienne have been divorced at least once.  I'm undecided about Lucas and Adrienne.  I want to see Bryan Datillo and Judi Evans get more screen time, and at times I like them together.  We'll have to see what happens after Justin returns.  I'd love to see Justin and Aiden become law partners, but I wouldn't be shocked it Justin starts working with Victor against Clyde.

Brady/Melanie looked like a father having sex with his daughter.  Maybe I wouldn't hate Melanie so much if she didn't constantly act like a 12 year old.  I hope when Kristen returns she squashes Melanie like a bug.

• Love 2

I don't want Kristen to return, ever. (Even though I know she will. She's like flu season now.)

I thought that the lines they gave Will were nowhere near as powerful as the lines they gave Sonny when Will was recovering from surgery, and wondered if it was because they didn't think Guy could handle them.

I'm certain you're right.