Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I just can't figure out whether to believe that Sparkle really had planned to turn tail and leave Salem. He's been so pushy over the last few weeks that it was difficult for me to buy what he said to Adrienne about wanting Sonny to be happy. Maybe that last conversation with Sonny really hit home and then finding out who Will is changes his mind?

Everything that comes out of Sparkle's mouth is suspect to me. He still seems as selfish and self-centered as I imagine he was with Sonny years ago. 

• Love 4

I would not be surprise to learn down the line that Sparkle knew who Will was all along and targeted him in order to break up his marriage to Sonny. He acts like he is entitled to Sonny's love and that Sonny belongs to him.  I think he is smarmy, manipulative and fake....I do believe that he loves Sonny, but, I don't think he is right for him in the long run. Sonny was always an option for him and not a priority...Their time in the sun has passed...

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised, either, but not because of anything Paul has said or done. It'll be because the writers wanted to change directions mid story and make Paul the clearly bad guy because, so far,  there's been no indication that he knows anything. I'm not asking for mustache twirling or anything, but I do expect some sort of foreshadowing if I'm to believe Paul's been plotting all along.

I don't like Will, but I would understand if Sonny forgives him and they stay together (even though he totally shouldn't!!). I think a truly contrite Will can make it a triangle where there are no true bad guys, just ones who've made mistakes and bad choices. In the end, those are the ones that are interesting to me. 

• Love 1

Ugh Will get the fuck away from Sonny! Can't he see the obvious hate in his eyes and how he's hurting his recovery? Oblivious douche.

I'm sick of Will's modified Beiber haircut.

Aiden is giving off an abuser vibe.

Lima Bean is annoying. Her more attractive friend is right move the heck on. It's just a guy who she dated as a kid and a lying cheat anyhow. She's being way to dramatic and dragging everyone else into it. Dude it's not like she's married and he's a Tiger Woods or Jesse James style sleeze while she's taking care of his kids.

Clyde is so repugnant and ugly IMHO I wish Victor or his henchman will blast him in the face.

• Love 5

Eve is beyond manipulative, and KDP is phenomenal when doing scenes with Paige like the one today in the coffeehouse. You can just see that nothing Paige says makes the slightest impact - it's just Eve watching her to try and figure out how to manipulate her more effectively. And then Eve's pain over all this - every despicable thing she's done was just to try and save Paige, right? And that excuses all of it, right? Right. /sarcasm 

I can't believe they're doing Daphne like this - but at least it explains those weird scenes with JJ suddenly trying to get in touch with her out of the blue.

Another thing I can't believe is how I actually care about this storyline now! That is a first.

The Hope/Aiden storyline is so intriguing! I am actually afraid for Hope, trapped as she is with no phone and no help if Aiden goes berserk. We already know that the door beneath the stairs locks from the outside. :( I was cheering her on today when she decided to watch the video. Finally some of her self-preservation instincts seem to be surfacing - but will her decision place her in even more danger? Aargh!

• Love 3

Ugh.JJ and Eve again. TomSell need look no further than this story to understand why they were fired. I wonder if there will still be time for Eve to get pregnant or for JJ to realise he actually likes Eve because that is the only reason I can think of for them to keep having sex.

It's so interesting that JJ was so forthcoming about cheating with Will yesterday- even saying Paige deserves better-yet he continues to have sex with Eve.

Will wants to make things up to Sonny, yet JJ wants to push Lima Bean away. It makes me think he doesn't love her.

I thought Sonny's reaction was emotional even though they blamed it on a reaction to Sparkle's blood.

Typical Victor to be so blunt about assuming Will said something to upset Sonny, but I would have thought he would handle Will more sensitively because of the chapel scenes. It was definitely said for plot to bring out Will's guilt IMO.

Victor is going to be pissed with Will when he finds out he cheated. It should also be interesting to see Kate and Vic on opposite sides since Kate is encouraging Will to keep it secret. I also think there is going to be even more drama if Adrienne and Lucas become a thing. Kate's son vs. Victor's nephew. I wish Phillip were around for Roberts vs. Kiriakis.

It was nice to hear Vic tell Sonny he loves him. I've always loved that relationship. Victor was there for Sonny when Will screwed up the first time and I guess this time will be no different.

I don't think everyone Kiriakis will be too harsh with Will because of Ari.

And before Will gets lambasted for being the reason Sonny was at the square,he needs to find out that Victor attacking Clyde led to Sonny being stabbed.

I was happy that Will realised that he should not have been with Paul when Sonny was stabbed, but it's too late. I hope the article is worth it.

Will should have told Sonny the truth and backed out of the article.

I'm waiting to see if Sonny says anything to Abe tomorrow.

• Love 1

Sigh. JJ and Eve have lost their soapy appeal. That was a horrible sex scene. It was just so depressing to watch- whereas before it was kind of naughty. Eve looks like she needs a long rest in a mental ward, and JJ needs therapy. I don't know! Just make it hot, or make it stop.

Also- Dena Higley???

Why can't I have nice things?

• Love 6

Poor Will, I don't think he realizes that he has unleashed pandora's box with his reckless behavior. For once in his life, he will have to face the consequences of his actions. Kate and his parents cannot protect him from Sonny's wrath. He is so clueless about life. Sonny remembers and he will not have amnesia. Will is going to be hurting for a long time. Sonny is not going to treat him gingerly anymore....I feel bad for him. I know that I am in the minority by saying this....

• Love 3
Poor Will, I don't think he realizes that he has unleashed pandora's box with his reckless behavior.

After seeing what his mother had to lose after the grief sex (including the respect of her son -- well, what little there was left of it), I don't get how he couldn't possibly know what the consequences would be. There's slightly naive, and then there's complete dumb-dumb, which happens to be Will. I guess he's repeating a pattern in his family (i.e Marlena, Sami, Carrie, who else?), but there's no way he can pretend not to know what happens when you cheat on someone, but yet he seems completely clueless, which baffles me to no end. He himself hurled a bunch of venom at him his mother over the grief sex -- how can he possibly not know???

The others at least have the excuse of  having been under extreme conditions when their infidelities happened (i.e. Marlena dealing with switched spouses; Carrie and demonic possessed Marlena egging Sami to drive a wedge between Carrie and Austin; Sami and EJ using sex to numb the pain of having thought they lost Johnny in the case of their stupid grief sex -- Will has no wacko conditions to explain why he behaved recklessly. It's not like he and Paul even had a history with each other, like John and Marlena or Sami and EJ.  He can probably say he was stupid to conduct an interview in a room with a bed in it, but  that's why nobody who is a working journalist who doesn't want to wind up sleeping with their subject  conducts an interview in a hotel room. This excuse is not strong enough for someone who got the praise of his Pulitzer-prize winning professors (ha ha ha).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Sonny, was looking at that little Sneasel like he wanted to just flat out choke him. Sneasel you can make it up to Sonny by telling the truth and showing some damn guilt. I didn't know guilt equated to constipation. Sneasel, you might not want to know because you gonna owe Sparkles a lifetime supply of ass and I'm sure Sonny would love to hand it to Sparkles on a silver platter.

No Kate, you don't miss Rapey, just move on. Kate has been giving out some rather lousy advice to Sneasel.

Rory is so goofy and silly, I love him. He has this thing about him, to where you can't even stay mad at him for more than 2 minutes.

That club lady is so stupid if Rafe didn't teach his staff the fundamentals of telling the difference between a real ID and a fake ID. Then he's very lousy and very lame being the manager of a club.

Suddenly Southern, really "Paigey", really how old are you? Since when did she call her "Paigey". She's so stupid and why the fuck does she keep calling JJ. This bitch really wants someone to find out. JJ you fucktard, just because Southern spins some sad story doesn't mean you go and put your arms around her. These two make me sick, I can't stand JJ anymore. This story has completely ruined him and there's possibly no coming back for me.

4444 really? What kind of passcode is that? Or is that some master passcode in case you forget, but in that case if you forget that you may have to reset your phone or call your cell phone provider. 

Is Daphne the only sane one in this story? She's the only one who notices Lima Bean's raggedy, stupid, behavior. Lima Bean is just stupid.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

Count me in the group that inappropriately finds Casey Moss hot - - those eyes! Those lips!

I'm also bummed about the JJ/Eve stuff because it could be soapy, hot fun but instead it's like...I don't know...a giraffe riding a unicycle or something.  KDP is just seemingly so much bigger than him...height and limb-wise. 

I hope they end up giving JJ a good storyline ever.  I"m afraid that TPTB think this is it but it's fallen so flat. 

ETA - There was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it time around Christmas where they put Eve's hair up or half up and she looked so much better than the feathered mess the leave her with on a daily basis. 

Edited by VartanFan
  • Love 3

It kind of seems like CM and KDP, despite being talented actors, are kind of repulsed by their storyline, and it tends to come across in their love scenes. Normally, I don't think I can tell what actors are really thinking, but the angry wtf faces when they're doing it tend to convince me that they're repulsed by the idea of their characters betraying Paige like this.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Lima Bean's life is ruined because some boy she dated for a few months cheated on her? Wow ok. So pathetic. 

Now is the time for Kate to start scheming to get Sparkle out of town. 

Suddenly Southern looks so rough and raggedy. She needs to take a trip to the psych ward. JJ and Eve just look so dirty and trashy and desperate. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5
Will wants to make things up to Sonny, yet JJ wants to push Lima Bean away. It makes me think he doesn't love her.

It makes me think that he is smart enough to know that screwing a girl's mom is a deal breaker. OTOH, Will is dumb enough to think that a secret won't be revealed.

I hate that the writers made Will cheat for no reason at all. It really hurts the story.

Like father, like son alert: I just almost spit tea on my keyboard because I remembered that Jack also slept with Jennifer's mom! However, he did not know who she was when it happened.

Edited by copshop
  • Love 4

Sonny should have cheated with Sparkle because of their shared history. They could have brought in somebody on canvas who decided to pursue Will due to the ire of Sonny. Will who has never slept with another man could have been tempted, but, remained faithful to his loving husband. The show just wanted to be daring without making it sense to the characters and their integrity. Will has been a victim of his parents' constant lies and manipulations over the years. He would have never jeopardized Ariana's family by jumping into the sac with a stranger. Sonny has been too good to him for him to do that...Will knows first hand how Sonny is when it comes to lying. He almost lost Sonny before when he lied about Ari's paternity.  Sonny had a conniption when he found out the real reason came back from LA. It makes no sense that he would have cheated on Sonny. It should have the other way around....Now he is going to see a side of Sonny that he is going to wish had stayed dormant. I have never seen Sonny look at Will with such venom and hatred before..Even when he has had words with Will, he was always loving afterwards...

Victor getting snippy with Will is just a taste of things to come for him. I do believe that people will blame Sonny's stabbing on Will. Had Sonny not been out there looking for his cheating husband, none of this is would have happened. The town will treat him badly and he is not going to have Sonny to protect him. Plus, he will have to watch Sparkle and Sonny be a couple around town. His fears of being alone and lost will have come true....

Edited by Apprentice79

Did y'all catch when Lima Bean said that JJ is someone she cherishes the most? Girl seriously needs to a grip on reality cause right now squeaky foam has a better grip on it. They haven't even been dating that long because they been on and off so much it's hard to keep track on exactly how long they actually been together.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 7

After seeing what his mother had to lose after the grief sex (including the respect of her son -- well, what little there was left of it), I don't get how he couldn't possibly know what the consequences would be. There's slightly naive, and then there's complete dumb-dumb, which happens to be Will. I guess he's repeating a pattern in his family (i.e Marlena, Sami, Carrie, who else?), but there's no way he can pretend not to know what happens when you cheat on someone, but yet he seems completely clueless, which baffles me to no end. He himself hurled a bunch of venom at him his mother over the grief sex -- how can he possibly not know???

Yes, it makes no sense that Will wouldn't know that, but....

Will's never been held accountable for anything. He's been surrounded by codependents all his life. He could be so used to people "helping" him, by making decisions for him, that he really doesn't know any better. Or he does know better, but he's so damned ill-equipped for life because he's relied so much on everyone else. I could easily believe that Will feels almost the same kind of "it can't happen to me" thing that gambling addicts or people who repeatedly drink and drive do. That's how I've always seen him: spineless with no one around to tell him to get his act together.

Or, and this is far more likely, Will cheating could just be a nonsensical plot point.

• Love 6

I think JJ and Eve would work better if they didn't have her looking so haggard.  You know, like someone older that a teenage boy might actually be attracted to.  And even this hatesex (I guess that's what it's supposed to be) thing doesn't have any kind of real chemistry underlying it to really make the storyline work.  It's just icky and uncomfortable to watch.  The only time it slightly worked for me was when JJ walked in and said he was tired of being summoned but most of the time it's just so awkward. 

• Love 3

Caroline cheated on Shawn.

Kate had an affair with Bill Horton.

• Love 2

Did y'all catch when Lima Bean said that JJ is someone she cherishes the most? Girl seriously needs to a grip on reality cause right now squeaky foam has a better grip on it. They haven't even been dating that long because they been on and off so much it's hard to keep track on exactly how long they actually been together.

I can kind of buy that she would cherish JJ the most because she doesn't seem to have any other male figures in her life and her mother is rather flighty. If Eve hadn't slept with JJ, I would probably wonder why she's prioritizing JJ over her mother, but because of Eve's desire to have control over Paige's personal life AND sleep with JJ, I can see how Paige wound up perceiving JJ as her anchor. The show hasn't given a lot of history about Eve as a mother, but what we have seen makes it easy for me to see that Paige  has probably perceived her mother as a bit of flighty loser for most of her life. Sleeping with JJ might be Eve's biggest mistake in life, but it's also the mistake that makes it easy for me to believe that it most likely hasn't been her only mistake with respect to Paige. I'll admit I'm filling in the gaps myself (or probably even making up what to fill in),  and have no real proof other than what I've seen so far of Eve to back up my assertions, however. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I think JJ and Eve would work better if they didn't have her looking so haggard.  You know, like someone older that a teenage boy might actually be attracted to.  

Like the one and only original Eve, Charlotte Ross? Absolutely. 

I don't think Paige is behaving that differently than lots of other emotional, dumped, confused, loner-type young women, but it's been a long time since I was 19. I do think she's totally within her rights to get some answers -- from JJ. 

• Love 2

I'm so amazed and thrilled that to me that the storyline that most of us here are the most passionate about......is about a gay couple. Ten years ago we only had Luke and Noah on ATWT who got screwed on storyline (and yes I'm still of the opinion that Van Hansis would've made a great Will Horton despite his age.). It's remarkable that Freddie was able to convey so much today with no lines of dialogue. You could see the rage in eyes the first time and at the end when he was looking at his mom you could just see his heartache. Am i the only one thinking he's a shoe-in for the Emmy?

I do have a question about the new writers: Are they the ones who created Kyle and Oliver on OLTL? Should I be concerned about what they might do to WilSon?

• Love 3

Like the one and only original Eve, Charlotte Ross? Absolutely. 

I don't think Paige is behaving that differently than lots of other emotional, dumped, confused, loner-type young women, but it's been a long time since I was 19. I do think she's totally within her rights to get some answers -- from JJ. 

Sadly, Paige isn't acting any differently than the women on this show who are twice her age and have far more experience. Still, it grates.

• Love 2

I do have a question about the new writers: Are they the ones who created Kyle and Oliver on OLTL? Should I be concerned about what they might do to WilSon?

No, Ron Carlivati created Kyle and Oliver. He's the head-writer on GH right now. And even though he's got Lucas and... I don't remember. Some other dude, as a couple, he hasn't come close to recreating Kish.

• Love 1

I'm so amazed and thrilled that to me that the storyline that most of us here are the most passionate about......is about a gay couple. Ten years ago we only had Luke and Noah on ATWT who got screwed on storyline (and yes I'm still of the opinion that Van Hansis would've made a great Will Horton despite his age.). 

Agreed -- Van Hansis would have made a terrific Will Horton. And we've come a long way since the days of agonizing over Luke and Noah (long long longtime ATWT viewer here) not because of compelling story but because of terrible story.

• Love 2

When I said they needed new writers, this wasn't what I had in mind.  Of course, they also still have the problem of Ken Corday.  He's the dumbass who thinks Dannifer is a great couple.

Chloe cheated on Lucas, and Will was furious about that.

Will has had lots of examples of what happens when you cheat.

Or, and this is far more likely, Will cheating could just be a nonsensical plot point.

I think that is exactly what it is.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

Oh God, another go-round of JJ and Eve. I think this was the most nonsensical yet - so for JJ, it's that he was "sick and tired of being alone" like it's been months and months instead of maybe a week or so, and for Eve it was grief sex? Like bantering, I feel like I can see on CM and KdP's faces what they're thinking, which is they haven't a clue how to play the (alleged) sexual attraction because it makes no sense to them. KdP is playing up the "mother lion" aspect of Eve here just as she did with OLTL's Blair, and maybe a mother lion would sleep with her daughter's boyfriend once while drunk out of her mind, but she wouldn't do it again and again. So I see where KdP is lost. And CM has played JJ as being so invested in his love for Paige and, the thing is, while KdP looks great and sexy for her age, I see where a guy like CM would not feel the sort of strong attraction that's enough to overwhelm being in love with someone else, so he can't make sense of this either. There's something about KdP that doesn't work as a cougar for a guy CM's age - I can believe her pulling a guy in his 30s, but not a 21-year-old. Young 20s is looking for something a little different MILF-wise than what KdP does - I agree Charlotte Ross would have been more believable in that sense, but I'm glad she's not stuck playing this story. (I wish KdP wasn't stuck playing it either, but at least she's not the legacy actress.)

• Love 4

Honestly, I think the age difference between Eve and JJ might be too large. Even if the genders were reversed, where there's less of a bias against large age gaps, I wouldn't get it. Who is a 50 year old male on this show? Daniel? No matter how good his abs are, I don't see a 20 year old girl going for him either. It was weird when Chelsea was in love with him, and he  may have been younger than Eve at the time. 

I could maybe see a 20 year old male going for Gwen Stefani, who is around 45, and dresses 25 ( I don't mean that as a dis - she looks good in her clothes). And even then I'm not sure if a 20 year old guy could look beyond that much of an age difference. How many 20 year old males are that deep to look beyond age? Maybe a girl might, but the 50 year old man would probably have to have money. 

I think Brooke on the B and B slept with a couple of her daughter's boyfriends, but they looked like they were in their 30s.

Edited to add:

Kate and EJ didn't weird me out, but EJ was older, so somehow his attraction to Kate didn't seem as unrealistic. It's easier for me to see a 27 year old going for someone 30 years older than a 20 year old, despite how infrequent it might be. Isn't this what Madonna is doing currently? But because she has a daughter, I keep wondering if the 27 year old boyfriends might accidentally wind up attracted to Lordes. Because Paige is within his age range and is actually in the picture, JJ going for Eve over the long-haul becomes even more unrealistic to me despite how little chemistry he and Paige have.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Rory and Daphne are the only two people on this show who make any sense.

ETA: JJ and Eve's conversation would have made sense if Paige had just died following a long illness. Then I could have even bought JJ and Eve being together out of shared grief. But today's scenes seem to have no actual narrative or character connection to anything we've seen up until now.

Maybe the new writers started early. [/sarcasm]

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 4

Honestly, I think the age difference between Eve and JJ might be too large. Even if the genders were reversed, where there's less of a bias against large age gaps, I wouldn't get it. Who is a 50 year old male on this show? Daniel? No matter how good his abs are, I don't see a 20 year old girl going for him either. It was weird when Chelsea was in love with him, and he  may have been younger than Eve at the time. 

I could maybe see a 20 year old male going for Gwen Stefani, who is around 45, and dresses 25 ( I don't mean that as a dis - she looks good in her clothes). And even then I'm not sure if a 20 year old guy could look beyond that much of an age difference. How many 20 year old males are that deep to look beyond age? Maybe a girl might, but the 50 year old man would probably have to have money. 

I think Brooke on the B and B slept with a couple of her daughter's boyfriends, but they looked like they were in their 30s.

Edited to add:

Kate and EJ didn't weird me out, but EJ was older, so somehow his attraction to Kate didn't seem as unrealistic. It's easier for me to see a 27 year old going for someone 30 years older than a 20 year old, despite how infrequent it might be. Isn't this what Madonna is doing currently? But because she has a daughter, I keep wondering if the 27 year old boyfriends might accidentally wind up attracted to Lordes. Because Paige, who is within his age range and is actually in the picture, JJ going for Eve over the long-haul becomes even more unrealistic to me despite how little chemistry he and Paige have.

I agree. I don't think the age difference is that bad, but CM just looks too young. Brooke on B&B definitely wrote the book on sleeping with your young daughter's boyfriend; but as you say all of those characters were played by actors who looked thirty, so it wasn't so jarring. I teach high school juniors and seniors, and CM doesn't look any older than them (which grosses me out quite a bit.) I could buy someone in the Chad/Ben range much easier than JJ (or at least a JJ who looks this young.)

• Love 2

I know scintillating conversation isn't something I should look for on Days of Our Lives, but maybe if JJ and Eve talked about something other than how much JJ sucks as a boyfriend to Paige, I'd understand the sex bonding JJ and Eve feel the compulsion to do. The kind of relationship JJ has with Eve strikes me as quite rare, but if it has happened in real life more than the times I've seen on Dateline NBC  and 20/20 between ultra-weird and sort of ugly people (I've never seen two good-looking people like JJ and Eve ever featured on those shows), I assume there would have to be something there connection-wise tying the two people beyond sex. That JJ and Eve are actually talking about and expressing their concern for Paige before going at it makes their sex bonding even weirder.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Compare Victor's speech to Sonny to Will's speech.  The difference in emotions was so evident.  Damnit, Vic had me.

So, Clyde was wearing a bulletproof vest, I suppose.  I did notice that there was no trace of blood when he was shot.

• Love 3

Dan alternately bores and annoys me, but I can see him pulling certain teenagers/young-20s women. More of those than women in their 30s and 40s and 50s, actually, because finding that whole "doctor who looks and acts like a grungy surfer" thing attractive is a stupidity found more among those who haven't had enough life experience yet to tell them that the dude is actually a poser and a loser and that his interest is not really proof that "OMG, I'm soooooo grown-up and adult!" A lot would find him a lech and be grossed out or laugh at him, sure, but there are some who would go for him. Enough to keep him fairly busy and entertained.

JJ is young-looking, yes, but I can find him hooking up with a much older woman believable - it just depends on the type of woman. I would find Kate more believable, for instance, and the age difference there is even greater. But that's because if Kate decided to make JJ her new boy toy, she would have a Mrs. Robinson vibe to her that KdP's Eve doesn't. Mrs. Robinson is one of the types that works.

• Love 5

ETA: JJ and Eve's conversation would have made sense if Paige had just died following a long illness. 

Oh, if only.  If only.......and it can be a remarkably SHORT illness, as long as if happens ASAP.

I've been gone for a week and am only now catching up.  I missed less than I hoped to.

• Love 3

So, Clyde was wearing a bulletproof vest, I suppose. I did notice that there was no trace of blood when he was shot.

And thaaat's why you finish with a head shot, Victor's Incompetent Henchman. Ugh, I knew we wouldn't be rid of Clyde that easily but it still pissed me off when he showed up today.

I was thinking about Dorian/Joey, too, Rick Kitchen. I think if they really wanted to do JJ/Eve, they should have just copied that storyline - Eve seduces JJ to stick it to Jennifer. It would have made more sense. But then almost anything would make more sense than whatever this is.

• Love 5

Edited to add:

Kate and EJ didn't weird me out, but EJ was older, so somehow his attraction to Kate didn't seem as unrealistic. It's easier for me to see a 27 year old going for someone 30 years older than a 20 year old, despite how infrequent it might be. Isn't this what Madonna is doing currently? But because she has a daughter, I keep wondering if the 27 year old boyfriends might accidentally wind up attracted to Lordes. Because Paige is within his age range and is actually in the picture, JJ going for Eve over the long-haul becomes even more unrealistic to me despite how little chemistry he and Paige have.

JJ supposed to be a freshman in college right? I guess this is comparable to "The Graduate" as far as age difference.

• Love 1
I think Dustin Hoffman was late20s, early 30s, and he and Anne Bancroft had a ridiculously small age difference in real life. (I am too lazy to look any of this up however)

They were 6 years apart in real life.

I just think there is more to JJ and Eve than meets the eye. The reason why I said that JJ must not really love Paige is that Nick wanted Chelsea back after he slept with Billie. He didn't push her away and continue having sex with her mother.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 3

I'm so amazed and thrilled that to me that the storyline that most of us here are the most passionate about......is about a gay couple. Ten years ago we only had Luke and Noah on ATWT who got screwed on storyline (and yes I'm still of the opinion that Van Hansis would've made a great Will Horton despite his age.).

I don't care if VH looks 40. He, or almost any random person off the street would be a vast improvement over GW. I know I've had a lot of posts railing against him, but he somehow keeps getting worse by the day. Yesterday in the group scenes in the elevator area he looked like he was glaring at a teleprompter and was shouting his lines.

It's ironic that he was once played a young Luke Spencer in flashbacks considering IMHO he and Tony Geary are concurrently delivering the worst performances I have ever seen in an acting medium.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I could see a 20 year old liking the confidence of a Sandra Bullock (who, now that I think about it, does have a lot of younger guys crushing on her, or at the very least expresing an appreciation for both her attractiveness and personality),  but, yeah, Eve doesn't seem to have that confidence. Maybe JJ likes Eve's "vulnerability" (i.e whining), but 20 year old males rarely have the patience to deal with a 20 year old female crying and screaming all the time so I don't see why a 20 year old male would want to deal with this in a 50 year old.

I sound horrible talking about Eve like this, but usually when younger guys go for older women it's the confidence they're attracted to. But Eve doesn't really have that....I'm not sure what Eve has (I'm taking about Eve here, not Kassie DePaiva). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

The hospital had Sonny's name on the door outside of his room. What hospital even does that? Wouldn't that violate HIPAA? 

The only time I found Guy Wilson effective is when he was sitting silently looking at Sonny. He did manage to look like a man gazing at someone he loved. However, as soon as he opened his mouth to speak it all went to shit. His line readings sound like ...... well, line readings. 

Eve and Paige just have the most unhealthy relationship. They are both overly involved in each other's love lives. Let us not forget that Paige was pretty consumed by who her mother had slept with after finding out she would never be moaning on records again. The best thing Paige could do is move out. She needs her independence and space and so does Eve. It is so disconcerting and unnatural to see a mom fall so apart that her daughter of 18 is moving into a dorm. The girl is in college and not so long ago Eve was encouraging her to go to Stanford. Did she think Paige would live with her forever? Would they be the female equivalent of Norma and Norman Bates?

Clyde! It lives!

Oh Lawd, hear comes Kate sniffing around Lucas' potential new relationship.

2 days and no Abby or Jen. What a blessing!

Brady's boobs looked to be about as big (and hairless) as Melanie's. I wanted him to pull the sheet up to his armpits too. I cannot lie, the two have chemistry but the maturity (not age) divide is too great for me. 

• Love 1