Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think Sonny's been giving Sparkle just enough to work with all along, just enough to make Sparkle think there's still a chance.  Sonny's saying all the right things, but at the same time he's all about the lingering glances and looking wistful that Paul had a hookup in the shower. 

I don't have a problem with Sparkle going to see Sonny.  (Of course, my card-carrying membership to Team Sparkle makes me a little biased).  He thinks he's leaving town very soon and Derrick just made him think that Sonny's still in love with him, like, lots.  Go big or go home.

My opinion is probably based on the fact that I get no authentic emotion at all from GW's acting choices, but all through this story I've gotten the feeling that Sonny had some kind of emotional connection with Sparkle that he's never had with Sneasel and he's wistful about it. 

• Love 3

I do get the impression from Sonny that if he wasn't married he would see where things might go with Paul. It's not a situation of him having no interest, but of him choosing to stick to his marriage vows and keep his family together despite his interest. So I can see why Paul fell for Derrick's misinterpretation of Sonny's anger at hearing about Paul and Will hooking up - it's what he wanted to hear and was backed up by enough hints of Sonny's obvious lingering feelings for and attraction to him to make it plausible. And there's the whole "Sonny almost diiiiiiiiiiied" drama to heighten emotions.

It cracked me up that the first thing Paul did was touch Sonny's hair that remained unmussed all through the stabbing and operation and hospitalization.

Today's episode should be fun when Sonny tells Paul just who he slept with.

• Love 5

I might have some sympathy or understanding for Sneasel if Guy Wilson was doing a better job.  As it is, with Sparkle still hitting on Sonny in spite being told no several times, and FS killing every scene he is in, I’m completely on Sonny’s side, and I want Sonny to annihilate both Sneasel and Sparkle.

In contrast, when it comes to JJ, even though he was in the wrong, CM is doing such a great job that I want him to toss the four shrews in the river, and go find someone fun to date.  I have the same thoughts with JL and Theresa.  JL is such a good actress, and she is being wasted in one horrible SL after another.

Maybe Sonny’s SL will get to be what Sami’s started out as.  In real life, I would tell someone who was cheated on to dump the loser, move on, and enjoy their life.  Since this is fiction, and Sami was doing what a lot of people have fantasized about doing in her situation, I believe the writers should have followed through with it.  I hope with Sonny they do.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

Best part of today's episode?  Theresa flat out calling both of Jennifer's precious spawn complete and total slags:  "JJ can't keep it in his pants and Abby can't keep hers on."  GORGEOUS!  And Jenn starts sputtering in outrage, yet she can't deny it.  Good times :)

And yes JJ is filled with self-loathing but that hasn't stopped him from going back for more with Eve and that to me is the grossest part of this entire tawdry affair.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

I do get the impression from Sonny that if he wasn't married he would see where things might go with Paul. It's not a situation of him having no interest, but of him choosing to stick to his marriage vows and keep his family together despite his interest. So I can see why Paul fell for Derrick's misinterpretation of Sonny's anger at hearing about Paul and Will hooking up - it's what he wanted to hear and was backed up by enough hints of Sonny's obvious lingering feelings for and attraction to him to make it plausible. And there's the whole "Sonny almost diiiiiiiiiiied" drama to heighten emotions.

It cracked me up that the first thing Paul did was touch Sonny's hair that remained unmussed all through the stabbing and operation and hospitalization.

Today's episode should be fun when Sonny tells Paul just who he slept with.

This is the crux of the issue for me: 'is Sonny staying with Will out of duty because he is married?'

Sonny never tells Sparkle he isn't interested, just that he's married.

It will be interesting to see what Sonny will do now that he can't use his marriage as a shield to hide behind. I expect I will have my answer very soon.

I will freely admit that I dislike characters that the writers make too perfect, and it pains me that Sonny is becoming one of them. I was actually hoping he would be the one to cheat.

That said, I have always identified with Will Horton, so I would support him regardless.

I don't condone Will cheating and I'm actually looking forward to him facing the consequences. I hope they do something different with the character instead of more Eeyore.

I don't have much to say about today's show, but I must say Sparkle really is giving Abifail some competition with respect to who annoys me the most.

• Love 3

Freddie Smith is so freaking beautiful I have a hard time paying attention to what is going on.

Nicole looked nice today.

Dr. Tan is the most annoying person in Salem.  I am so over him lecturing anyone and everyone. 

I think the JJ and Eve storyline would have been more believable if they'd established any kind of a relationship (other than bickering about Paige) before they started knocking boots.  The actors are doing the best they can but there's no foundation to it so hatesex or selfloathingsex or JJsahotyoungguysex just isn't working all the way.

• Love 4

Hee! I certainly hope Victor's got big, destruction-y plans for Clyde. I hope part of that plan is dumping Naggie and stealing Kate back, because her slobbering all over that slime is gross.

I laughed when Kate came out of Ari G's nursery and Marlena and Roman had totally ditched her. I know they're not close and I think Marlena said she had a meeting or something, but they couldn't even be bothered to say goodbye? Nice one, Doc and Roman.

Also once again this show has people way too involved in their children's (well, grandchildren's, in this case, eek) sex lives with Kate blabbing to Marlena about Will's cheating. I expect better from you, Kate.

Holy shit, I totally missed this!

JJ needs to "divorce" his mother. Get a job at the pub and sleep in one of the rooms there.

I think JJ is being a bit melodramatic in regards to Lima Bean. Yes, cheating on her with her mother was disgusting and fucked up, but I need him to stop acting like his entire life is over and he might as well lay down and die because nothing else matters. Learn from your mistake and move on. Don't be a self-pitying drama queen like Abifail.

Why do JJ and Suddenly Southern keep having gross desperate loser sex?

The Sonny and Sparkle scenes weren't enough for me. I wanted Sonny to emotionally destroy that freak. He's still in the hospital though so I'll give him time.

Everything Theresa said to raccoon Jen was correct. 

• Love 5

So I am really wondering about this Aiden/Chase storyline.  I was kind of thinking it was a Gone Girl plotline that went wrong and she was setting him up and accidentally got killed by Chase.

But it could be that this is his cover story, and he really did kill her.  Even if accidentally, while trying to get the gun away.  The autopsy did not show poison etc, so she could have been setting him up and it went all wrong.  And he built the Chase storyline as a back door, just in case the cops didn't believe him.

• Love 1

Sparkle is just so annoying and I want him gone soon. He is a stalker. Sonny needed to still rip him a new one. He has been a plague, since he came into town. Hounding a married man incessantly. If the rumors are true  and he turns out to be John's son. He will be here to stay. It is obvious that Sonny will get back together with him. Will is going to think that he and Arianna were place holders for Sparkle and that Sonny never loved them.  I don't understand why he ran to see Marlena and whine ....I guess he is going to be shock to find out that she is Will's grandmother...Salem is so incestuous...lol... Will is going to get it from Sonny. He looked like he wanted to physically hurt Sparkle...Freddie was amazing in his scenes...He is really good...

• Love 3

I must have missed Tuesdays because it didn't come on in my area because of fucking Mardi Gras parade and all that nonsense.

GO SONNY!! Nice to see him pissed off and told Sparkles to GTFO of his room, take his LL Cool J lips and Tinkerbell Dust and go away. Sonny doesn't want to go to Neverland with your ass. I really felt for Sonny when Sparkles said that Sneasel didn't wear his wedding ring, Sonny nearly broke down in tears and then having to look at that wedding ring that Sneasel produced, he was so sad, poor Sonny. FS definitely should submit for an Emmy. 

Chase accidentally "killed" Meredith. I wish I cared. It's another thing that I hate that soap writers do and that's create a tragedy around a character we barely or don't see at all. Barely seen Chase and the kid really don't  show signs that he shot anyone, something like that would be traumatic for a child but doesn't seem to be traumatic for Chase. I finally got the answer as to why Chase's skin resembles Casper. If writers actually gave a damn about this story towards this part or maybe even two weeks ago, they would have shown Chase having bad dreams or something, but they chose not to and we had to endure Bree and Meredith's stupid nonsense. Writers always miss the train on doing some character development.

Hope, you moron did you not learn of what happened to Rafe and why he got kicked off the force. Same is going to happen to her because she knows information and just gonna keep quiet along with Aidan possibly being disbarred but possibly none of that is going to happen because Meredith may not be dead.

Three Bitches & Theresa cackling, that's all I got out of that scene. Shrewena really doesn't need to be throwing stones and calling someone a loser, like she's any better, fucking wannabe sticky fingers. I wish Theresa would take that elephant and shove the whole thing up Shrewena's ass. I just cannot stand her, wish someone would also punch her in the eyes and make them smaller so they don't always bug out all the time.

GO Theresa, tell Judgy off about her children and they're slutting it up with people, as Judgy asked for it when she butted her nose in Theresa and Suddenly Southern's business. Judgy is always butting in other people's business, because she's got none of her own, no man, barely at work, kids don't wanna speak with her, just get out of Salem girl.

Dingy is a Grade A Asshole. He acts like everyone has to be so perfect. Even when people are attempting to say sorry and whatnot and if can still be his friend (IDK why anyone wants to be his friend is beyond me). Dumbass Brady forgiven him for the Kristen thing and is still his friend. Why not tell Eric that he almost slept with Kristen and see how many times he apologizes and tell Eric to forgive him and can they still be friends. Glad JJ, told Dingy's ass off, shit he said he didn't want the jacket and Dingy makes a big deal out of it. No means No Dingy, damn!!!

JJ spare me the torn act, you fucked Suddenly Southern 3x and now we can make it 4x. Yea he "loves" Lima Bean, writers really are stupid. You can't show someone being guilty for sleeping with someone and then continues to keep doing it. Writers expect us to buy into JJ and Lima Bean's relationship as some Romeo & Juliet romance. GTFO.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

I think it is going to be ironic that Will encouraged Sparkle to get back together with Sonny. His stupid actions will have led to their reunion.  I don't see Sonny taking Will back after this. The new writers will have to do something miraculous to get Sonny to take Will back...He did not want to take the ring back from Will...It is going to be sad that they will be estranged on their one year anniversary...Poor Ari...I hope Will realizes that he is repeating his parents' nonsense by destabilizing Ari's family life with his selfish destructive actions..He has no rights to throw stones at Sami for his horrible childhood. It is too bad that she is not in town, I would love to see her reaction to Sonny making Will's life a living hell, just like she did with EJ and Abifail....I have no doubt that Sami would fight to defend and protect Will. Even Sonny was singing the virtues of Abifail, when her affair with EJ was exposed..Now he knows how Sami felt..... 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Holy shit, I totally missed this!

My bad, apparently she didn't actually spill the beans. But she was not very smooth about the topic and changing the subject, so Mar is at least suspicious now. Not at all up to Kate's usual standards of deception.

Aw, boes, your kind words mean a lot to me. I was a lurker here for a long while before I became a poster and I've always enjoyed reading your thoughts. Glad I could return the favor in some small way.

I haven't watched the whole show yet today, but I did catch a few lines here and there. JJ snapping, "You're not my dad!" at Dan filled me with childish glee. I don't begrudge JJ a father figure, but I wish the show would have gone with anyone other than dingy, holier-than-thou Dan.

Edited by Chanandler
  • Love 2

My bad, apparently she didn't actually spill the beans. But she was not very smooth about the topic and changing the subject, so Mar is at least suspicious now. Not at all up to Kate's usual standards of deception.

Aw, boes, your kind words mean a lot to me. I was a lurker here for a long while before I became a poster and I've always enjoyed reading your thoughts. Glad I could return the favor in some small way.

I haven't watched the whole show yet today, but I did catch a few lines here and there. JJ snapping, "You're not my dad!" at Dan filled me with childish glee. I don't begrudge JJ a father figure, but I wish the show would have gone with anyone other than dingy, holier-than-thou Dan.

No worries, Chanandler, I half watch so thought I missed it.

• Love 1

Sparkle is just so annoying and I want him gone soon. He is a stalker. Sonny needed to still rip him a new one. He has been a plague, since he came into town. Hounding a married man incessantly. If the rumors are true and he turns out to be John's son. He will be here to stay. It is obvious that Sonny will get back together with him. Will is going to think that he and Arianna were place holders for Sparkle and that Sonny never loved them. I don't understand why he ran to see Marlena and whine ....I guess he is going to be shock to find out that she is Will's grandmother...Salem is so incestuous...lol... Will is going to get it from Sonny. He looked like he wanted to physically hurt Sparkle...Freddie was amazing in his scenes...He is really good...

Sparkle is here to stay so it seems we will all have to get used to it.

Will has no control over what Sonny does next, but Sonny getting back together with Sparkle would definitely add to his insecurities about Sparkle and Sonny's relationship. He's going to be kicking himself for cheating for sure.

If Sonny is able to rekindle his relationship with Sparkle, I could see Will assuming that he (Will) did not mean much to Sonny in the first place, which is actually what Sparkle was trying to get Sonny to admit when he was asking for another chance despite Sonny being married.

As much as it would pain me to watch it, I would rather Sonny get back with Sparkle than forgive Will too easily.

If Sonny decided to work on his marriage straight away,Sparkle would be there trying to undermine the whole process. Hopefully,once Sparkle gets what he wants he will shut up and stop being a broken record.

The only silver lining up ahead is that RoboMar is the one who gets to listen to Sparkle waffle on and on. I can't think of a worse punishment for a woman that annoys me so much. If Paul ends up being Jawn's, I'm so glad Will has Kate in his corner.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

I don't think Sonny should take up with Sparkle Paul, either. I think Sonny might be able to recognize that if he were to work on his marriage, Sparkle would take that as an opening and undermine the process, just as 271days points out.

• Love 1

Sami would help Will like she always has, but what I would rather see if Sami was still in Salem is this:

Sami, “I’ve been on both sides in situations like this, and both times you told me what a horrible person I am, and that it was all my fault.  What would you like me to say that will make you feel better about cheating on your husband, and risking the happy family you had with him?”

Even though Sonny should now know how Sami felt, I doubt he would have any more sympathy for her than he did before.  Sami is one of the designated bad guys no matter what else is going on so she always gets blamed.  Sami only shared one or two scenes with Theresa, but Theresa, for her own reasons, has been more supportive of Sami than Eric, Will, etc. were.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

But Sparkle KNOWS that's not true. Sonny has told him repeatedly that he is married now, he loves his husband and he's not a rebound and he's not interested in rekindling their relationship. And acting friendly towards Sparkle and even misting up at memories of their past is just not enough to get me to buy that Sonny doesn't mean what he says. Most mature adults eventually reach the point where they can be friendly with their exes, so Sonny should be able to be nice to Sparkle and even supportive of his coming out without Sparkle interpreting it as some sort of a secret love confession. Yet Sparkle just doesn't want to hear rejection. So he doesn't. It's the "your lips say no, but your eyes say yes," sort of thing that is gross and disrespectful when a man says it to a woman and just as gross and disrespectful when a man says it to a man. It's "you don't know/won't admit what you really want, but I do." It is not charming.

I do agree with you that the concept of "Your lips say no, but your eyes say yes" is very problematic and gross and it does not matter if it is a guy refusing to accept no to a girl or guy to another guy. Or a girl to another girl, or a girl to a guy (which does happen).

I want to give Paul a bit of the benefit of the doubt though. I do think he tried to move on (with Will). I don’t think Paul has made any attempts to try and woo Sonny over again since… After New Year’s Eve? When Paul asked Sonny why he walked by his hotel on that night. He is still in love with him, and yeah, he has been self-centered and selfish and presumptuous (lol I mean, dude. You really think he will leave his husband just because you can now be together now your career is over?? Who do you think are??). He does need a reality check most of the time. But I do think he toned it down over the weeks with his persistence with trying to form any sort of relationship again with Sonny. I think at the beginning of this month when Paul told Sonny how he upset he was when he lost him, I think he was being genuine and it was something he had to get off his chest, he was not having any ulterior motives. He backed off, there were very little PaulSon scenes, almost none in January I think.

The writing just sucks, it is a soap so I will take ridiculous things. I do find the Sonny/Paul backstory rather interesting, and I think they do have chemistry together. But I can see how Paul’s behavior seems so frustrating and it makes him act like such a fool,. All he needs is Derrick, who is practically a stranger to him, to say maybe Sonny still has feelings for Paul and oh how easily does he jump into that? And then again, we have a whole love confession and I sigh… Sparkle, he is still married, he told you he moved on and so should you. Why do must you grasp at every straw you can find? Most of all: He is still married!!!!

I did feel bad for both of them today, I don’t think Paul did anything wrong – he was single, horny. He did not know Will was married to Sonny. Poor Sonny! I can understand that he is angry and hurt, betrayed, who wouldn’t be? Of course he’d first think Paul knew Will was Sonny’s husband.

I am looking forward for Sonny to unleash more of his anger on Will. Will is the one who is the most guilty in this mess.

• Love 2

I have a feeling that victor will become very contemptuous of will, when he finds out about his betrayal of sonny. He barked at will in the hospital. He loves sonny a lot. He might become a fan of sparkle by default. I just hope that they bring a guy just for will. It would pain me to watch will see sparkle and sonny being a loving couple around town. Even though, he deserves to roasted. I hope the guy for will is dynamic, handsome and gives sonny a run for his money. I could see sonny becoming territorial and jealous when it comes to will and Ariana, and sparkle becoming irritated with sonny's preoccupation with them. I do hope that when sonny gets back together with sparkle, he realizes that his feelings for him have change and that he really wants his family back....

• Love 2

Oh, man. Will's stupid grin when he first came in to Sonny's room was hilarious. He really came off as the Village Idiot today and that is saying something in Salem. Learn to read a room, stupid.

There has to be a reason that Doctor is named Mandrake.(Other than I think of Harry Potter every time they say the name)

• Love 6

I want to give Paul a bit of the benefit of the doubt though.

I don't even care that Sparkle didn't know who Will was, I still want him to suffer because he annoys me so much. Like why can't he just shut up and leave Sonny alone. No means no you freak. Now that the Wilson marriage is in shambles I just know Sparkle  is going to sniff around Sonny even more than usual, acting like a filthy vulture.

• Love 7

I suppose I can see how Sonny demanding honesty can be perceived as hypocritical, but the version of Will played by GW never seems to register whether Will has any thoughts about this. Therefore, I'm unable to tell l if Sonny's demands for  honesty really bothers Will or if he perceives   that Sonny is failing to live up to a certain standard he has set for Will but not himself. If GW played someTHING that indicates that Will has an opinion of some kind when stuff happens to him (besides getting angry at his mother) I'd probably be able to see the hypocrisy but Will comes across as if he doesn't mind that Sonny might be "in control" or has certain demands he's not living up to.  I can't even tell if Will actually has an opinion about his infidelity, except for feeling guilty for a moment when he's with his grandma, because that's how he thinks he's supposed to act to seem normal (sort of similar to Abigail when someone has found out what she has done). Though maybe this is a fault from my end for not being totally engaged when GW's Will is on the screen. Will never indicates any kind of anger at Sonny  (not even passive-aggressively, unless sleeping with Paul is supposed to indicate this, but even there the explanation that Will simply doesn't know how to say no actually makes sense, even though that's  simultaneously the simplest and weirdest reason for infidelity I'v ever come across, yet oddly enough it's the only thing that  seems to work here to explain Will's thought process -- if he has any thoughts).  

In other couplings like EJ and Sami or EJ and Nicole or Sami and Rafe it was easy for me to spot when one side or both sides were being hypocritical (sometimes at the same time!), but GW's Will is so passionless about everything it's hard for me to tell whether he himself feels Sonny is hypocritical.  In terms of acting from FW's end, he has such an easy-going way about him (even when he's sort of irritated at Will about something), I suppose I don't think of Sonny as particularly hostile like Daniel or Brady or Eric with the he-man frowny "grrr" rage, but more like someone you could easily talk to in Starbucks, and then want to make your friend (which I think is quite hard to pull off on a soap opera ). 

Edited by bantering

Sami would help Will like she always has, but what I would rather see if Sami was still in Salem is this:

Sami, “I’ve been on both sides in situations like this, and both times you told me what a horrible person I am, and that it was all my fault.  What would you like me to say that will make you feel better about cheating on your husband, and risking the happy family you had with him?”

Even though Sonny should now know how Sami felt, I doubt he would have any more sympathy for her than he did before.  Sami is one of the designated bad guys no matter what else is going on so she always gets blamed.  Sami only shared one or two scenes with Theresa, but Theresa, for her own reasons, has been more supportive of Sami than Eric, Will, etc. were.

Even though he defended Abigail, I recall Sonny being a bit sympathetic to Sami. Next to Caroline and Kate, I actually thought he was the most supportive of her, or at least the most neutral.

• Love 2

Okay.  Tried to push the Blair/Natalie angle a bit too hard when Eve and Serena first met each other today.  Though I did titter a bit when Serena mentioned the woman of whom Eve reminded her being a bitch, since both Blair and Eve are, well, bitches.

I read somewhere that Casey Moss might be dating True O'Brien in real life. Maybe that's influencing his interpretation of the sexing up  the girlfriend's mother storyline. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Up to a point, I get how broken up J.J. is supposed to be about his relationship with Paige -- first love, and all that that implies. I like that at least one person on the show seems to be experiencing the emotion we humans call "remorse." And J.J. has been given self-esteem issues fairly consistently (miraculously consistently, given the show's track record). But going back to Southern Comfort again? As Rory might say, "Duuuuuuuuuuuuude!"

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

Up to a point, I get how broken up J.J. is supposed to be about his relationship with Paige -- first love, and all that that implies. I like that at least one person on the show seems to be experiencing the emotion we humans call "remorse." And J.J. has been given self-esteem issues fairly consistently (miraculously consistently, given the show's track record). But going back to Southern Comfort again? As Rory might say, "Duuuuuuuuuuuuude!"

I think it's fair enough to be melodramatic about your first real breakup, although imo both Paige and JJ are a bit old for that. They are acting much more like 15-16 year olds who had their 6-month high-school courtship end and now believe life is a long endless parade of death and bad poetry. But I've lost patience with the whole thing. The audience doesn't have enough invested in their relationship to really care if they're together or not. *They* don't really even have enough invested in their relationship to care this much. And, if you feel bad or want to change something, then - I don't know - do that, but stop complaining to everyone and their dog about everything.

And, really, I can't be bothered to be put off by JJ & Eve, because the JJ & Jenn situation is SO much more disturbing to me. I mean, there is some Psycho-level Oedipal business going on in that house.

• Love 10

So is there Eve/Serena backstory?  Or were they just making an OLTL tease there?

Hm.  It's a woman Serena is answering to.

I guess JJ and Eve are addicted to each other.

I took it as a throwback to their characters' relationship on OLTL.  I am pretty they fought over at least two men, or if they didn't fight over them, Blair slept with Christian and with McBain and that pissed off Natalie.  

I think JJ is in a deep depression and possibly heading toward suicidal.

• Love 2

My memory is hazy on Blair/Cristian, but I think it happened after Natalie had already moved on. Blair and McBain definitely happened during a period when Natalie was totally in love with someone else (Jared) and didn't give a fuck - the triangle with Blair and McBain was with Marty, not Natalie. McBain left Blair for Marty, and it was only after Jared was killed off that McBain and Natalie started moving back together. Blair and Natalie didn't have too much to do with each other on OLTL, which always disappointed me since they were both favorites of mine.

For the time being, I think Paul is as dead to Sonny as Will is, because just looking at Paul will remind him of his husband's infidelity. I actually think Will has the better shot at something with Sonny right now, because he has Ari and that will force Sonny to interact with him whether he wants to or not, because he's not going to just drop Ari too. (I suppose Will could refuse to let Sonny see Ari, but that would be an exceptionally stupid move on his part since he'll want Sonny back - the smart play is to let Sonny have access to Ari, not alienate him further by keeping him away from her.)

• Love 6

Best part of today's episode?  Theresa flat out calling both of Jennifer's precious spawn complete and total slags:  "JJ can't keep it in his pants and Abby can't keep hers on."  GORGEOUS!  And Jenn starts sputtering in outrage, yet she can't deny it.  Good times :)

That was a thing of beauty!

I wish we could switch out Jen for Jack, though.  Watching him trying to figure out his idiot daughter and crashing-and-burning son would be so much more interesting than anything that Jen has done with them.

Did KdP and MA share any scenes during the time he was on OLTL?  I had two toddlers and was working at home at the time, so my memory of that era is fuzzy.  Anyway, I'd love to see how they would interact as Eve and Jack.

• Love 3

You have a good memory, Black Knight!  I had some vague memory of Natalie and Cristian being over, but they were at some lodge, Blair fell into bed with Cristian.  It was quite enjoyable.  Maybe it was Todd and somebody else.  I just have a sense that Natalie was not a fan because of that.  But I agree, they really didn't have a lot of crossover.  Hmm, I am going to see what I can find in the history wiki. 

ETA, after a quick search, I think now it was Evangeline and Todd, and Blair and Cris at the lodge.  Yes, from what I read, very little cross-over between Nat and Blair except they had some common enemies along the way.  I don't really recall Nat thinking Blair was a bitch, so the shout-out scene was maybe a bit off there.  Blair was a much more developed character than Eve.  And quite frankly, Natalie was quite the bitch herself.  It was fun to go down memory lane--sigh....

• Love 1
I took it as a throwback to their characters' relationship on OLTL.  I am pretty they fought over at least two men, or if they didn't fight over them, Blair slept with Christian and with McBain and that pissed off Natalie.

Blair and Natalie never really had much to do with each other and in the scenes that they shared, they seemed to get along.  Even when they were in opposing sides over Todd, they never seemed to be antagonistic towards each other.

• Love 3

I can buy Paige's Romeo and Juliet reaction to JJ, because it seems like she's been very sheltered in terms of dealing with boys. She's seen her mother's boyfriends, but it seems like JJ is her first real experience with the opposite sex.

I'm a little more baffled by JJ's intense feelings of love for Paige. Maybe he thinks he's supposed to love someone like Paige (i.e innocent and someone his mother really likes?), but his taste skews more towards someone more experienced.But he does seem to have a conscience so I can  certainly see why he would be revolted at the idea he slept with his girlfriend's mother.  

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

In my own twisted way I quite enjoyed Show today.  Of course, that's partly because I do take pleasure in Jenn's pain, but I take what I can get from Show.  We had some decent Theresa scenes, Sonny is ready to discover what the K in Kiriakis stands for, Sneasel is going to soil his cage, Hope and Aiden were superb IMO, and Mel and Serena, lady detectives are ON THE CASE!!  

I think it's such a credit to Casey Moss' growing talent that he still manages to make this crapfest of a storyline palatable.  And KdP gets credit there as well.  In no way do I mean to diminish how horrid it all is, but when CM is on screen, I don't want to turn away.  Show gives him precious little to actually do other than hate himself, but man he's growing into a fine actor.  Besides the incredibly awkward storyline and subpar writing, he's also having to make his character's interactions with his creepy mother and elderly manchild surfer dood father figure, and he still comes off as sympathetic.  IMO that's a tough order to fill given what and who he's working with.  That said, I'm more than ready for this to be over and for CM to get a chance for some fun and less heavy lifting.

My loathing for Jenn and Dan continue to grow with each scene they're in, separately or together.  Jenn's constant inteference in her son's life is just off-putting and unseemly.  You can see her just itching to ask him things no mother should want to know, to give "advice" no mother should even think about.  And you can see JJ instinctively avoid as much of it as he can.  On some level, JJ knows the level of inappropriate in that household is at toxic levels.

And St. Jenn, the kindest, sweetest, just gol-DURNDEST BEST GAL IN SALEM is one nasty interfering witch.  Theresa and Eve were minding their own business until she butted into their conversation with her immediate hostility.  Then, when they bit back, as usual she acts so offended.  It would be fine with me if the people she treats with such contempt reacted with as much venom as she projects.  I wouldn't mind seeing Jenn on the receiving end of one of those slaps she hands out like the condoms Abigail collects.

Dark Roast Dan is just as bad.  No need to relist his sins - in Salem they no longer matter.  But I can't listen to Nicole debase herself to him one more time.  And if he doesn't want to be friends with her, then how about LEAVING HER ALONE?  Nicole wasn't looking for him at the club, he came up to her.  He's the one who not only initiated the conversation, but who kept it going.  And then just had to inform Nicole that access to his wrinkled litterbox of a bod was off limiits.  If only - IF ONLY - Show would have Nicole just laugh in his face the next time he tells her that.  I'll throw in a hundred bucks if Show then lets his dentures fall out of his mouth when he gapes at her in astonishment.  

Salem must have an empty abandoned well for two somewhere, some place we could just throw Jenn and Dan into.  The air would smell so much sweeter.

I'm so curious to hear what Victor and T think of Sparkle.

Me too!  I'm sure Victor is going to have some choice words for - and about - Will.  Of course Maggie will flutter and whimper and gasp but I hope to God Victor just lets 'em rip.  T's disapproval should be enough to send Sneasel right to his excercise wheel.  

The only silver lining up ahead is that RoboMar is the one who gets to listen to Sparkle waffle on and on. I can't think of a worse punishment for a woman that annoys me so much. If Paul ends up being Jawn's, I'm so glad Will has Kate in his corner.

Won't that be fun?   Someone is going to have to use the oil can on Marlena quite frequently or she'll rust shut in disapproval.  When she finds out that Jawn - probably in his Pawn persona, has a new bouncing baby boy, I bet we'll ALMOST see a line appear in Marlena's forehead.  I said, almost.  Some things just aren't humanly possible for her to do anymore.   She doesn't sleep in Pharaoh's tomb packed in lime for no reason, you know.

One more thing.  Why has no-one in Salem noticed that ever since Lexie's death, Abe has been possessed by the ghost of Gladys Kravitz?  And he's also wearing Abner's coat all the time.  Is there any other explanation for him to show up at EVERY opportune moment for gossip, and to be the first one on hand to ask embarrassing questions?  His morning Koffee Klatch blind items must keep the town buzzing.  

Mel and Serena in low key are good IMO.  I think I can enjoy the two of them on the case, especially if they keep Brady and Fadda Dickweed as far away as possible.  I'd like to see Theresa in with them, or just with Mel, working to find her baby.  I don't want Theresa sidelined.  But this could work, and it could be the salvation of Mel as a character on her own, not tied to a man.  Though calling Brady a man is about as silly as calling Abigail a human.

Hope and Aiden are old school soap, I know, but I like old school soap.  I especially appreciate how good both of these actors are.  It's about time KA had something to do besides badly parent that nightmare child, and Daniel Cosgrove was just terrific today.

Keep in mind, just in case you think my positive opinions are signs of brain death, I DID watch Days AFTER watching General Hospital today, so it's just possible my standards for "good" might be a little off. 

• Love 10

I think it's fair enough to be melodramatic about your first real breakup, although imo both Paige and JJ are a bit old for that. They are acting much more like 15-16 year olds who had their 6-month high-school courtship end and now believe life is a long endless parade of death and bad poetry. But I've lost patience with the whole thing. The audience doesn't have enough invested in their relationship to really care if they're together or not. *They* don't really even have enough invested in their relationship to care this much. And, if you feel bad or want to change something, then - I don't know - do that, but stop complaining to everyone and their dog about everything.

Well said. JJ and Paige have been miserable for so long that I can't even remember when they were happy. And I suspect that they only were happy for a ridiculously short amount of time, certainly not worth all this angst. I know they're teens and the argument can be made that they threw themselves headfirst into this relationship really quickly and made it the be-all-end-all because they're young and melodramatic, but I still feel like the show skipped a bunch of steps in their relationship in their haste to get to the Romeo and Juliet part of the story. And that part only works if the audience cares about the lovers being kept apart, so they shot themselves in the foot by rushing into things. I mean, when did they actually go on dates and talk about things they liked? Where was the doofy scene where JJ serenades Paige with his guitar and I, watching, cringe a little with secondhand embarrassment even as my inner teenage girl sighs just a bit? There is so little relationship to fight for that their fighting so hard for it doesn't make sense. And Paige hardly seems to exist as a character outside of her relationships with JJ and Eve, which is another wrinkle.

And once the writers put in the Eve affair, everything went even more off the rails. JJ's self-hatred is the only thing about this that makes even a little sense.

Edited by Chanandler
  • Love 4

I don't even care that Sparkle didn't know who Will was, I still want him to suffer because he annoys me so much. Like why can't he just shut up and leave Sonny alone. No means no you freak. Now that the Wilson marriage is in shambles I just know Sparkle is going to sniff around Sonny even more than usual, acting like a filthy vulture.

I certainly don't feel sympathy for Sparkle because he unknowingly slept with Sonny's husband. Yes, Will is the bad guy for cheating on Sonny, but he didn't know who Paul was and he doesn't owe him anything. Sparkle wanted sex and he got it.

The fact that Will wasn't wearing his ring is important for the story where Sonny is concerned, but if Sparkle gets self-righteous about Will concealing the fact that he was married,I will call bullshit.

Paul eventually found out that Will was in a relationship and still wanted to have sex with him. Also, let's not pretend that Marriage matters to Sparkle. He's been trying to get Sonny to ditch his husband for three months now, and he was just in his hospital room to do it again.

The issue is of course who Will is married to. I'm sure if Sparkle knew that Will was married to Sonny he wouldn't have slept with him, but Will didn't get to choose who he cheated with either. That's the story.

The only person Sparkle should be mad at is Sonny, because he knew who both of them were. Even then, it's a stretch because Sonny's marriage is none of Sparkle's business,and Sparkle was quite happy with the fact that Sonny's husband was in the dark about him.

In Will's case, who Paul is should have had no bearing on whether he stayed faithful or not. But if Sonny piles on because it was with Paul, I will be annoyed.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 3

And another thing! [/Adrienne] It is seriously insane how this show's writers apparently can think of no storylines for couples that don't involve an interloper in some way.

-Paige/JJ/Eve

-Sonny/Will/Paul

-Justin/Adrienne/Lucas/Possibly The Woman Justin's Cheating With, If He Is In Fact Cheating.

-Even Hope and Aiden are doing a variant, with dead Meredith as the unwitting interloper.

-Brady and Melanie have Theresa as an interloper, and Kristen and the Stolen Fetus (my new band name!) as interlopers upon interlopers.

-Eric has God and Nicole as interlopers to his relationship with Serena ("interloper" is starting to not look like a word anymore, haha.)

I guess Dan and Nicole might be an exception, though I've personally always seen Nicole as a temporary obstacle on our long day's journey back to Dannifer (blegh), so my theory could still hold.

-Rafe and Jordan's relationship ended due to Rafe's cheating with third-party Kate, and I'm guessing the show is headed for a Chad/Abigail/Ben triangle once Jordan leaves.

-If Paul is in fact John's kid as has been speculated, there will probably be tension with John, Marlena, and Mama Narita, and I bet they'll throw Roman back in there too, because what the hell.

So... good lord, is that everyone? So all we have for third-party-free-relationships are Victor/Maggie and Kate/Clyde (ew), and that's the one case where I'm like, interlope away, Vic!

In conclusion, these writers have apparently only one story to tell for couples. And "interloper" still doesn't look like a word anymore.

Edited by Chanandler
  • Love 5

So is there Eve/Serena backstory?  Or were they just making an OLTL tease there?

Hm.  It's a woman Serena is answering to.

I guess JJ and Eve are addicted to each other.

Definitely a OLTL tease. Melissa even mentioned it in one of her interviews.

Okay.  Tried to push the Blair/Natalie angle a bit too hard when Eve and Serena first met each other today.  Though I did titter a bit when Serena mentioned the woman of whom Eve reminded her being a bitch, since both Blair and Eve are, well, bitches.

I liked it, and seeing how Days isn't GH, we won't be subject to a year of them running into each other feigning some sort of ridiculous past relationship. (At least they had better not!)

• Love 2