Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 7/30/2022 at 2:43 AM, boes said:

Chad better take Sonny up on his offer and get his kids out of the Horton House ASAP, or Julie will have Charlotte in flowing caftans, screeching "Darling" at the top of her lungs and talking about "Darling Nick" and "that murderess, Gabi HerNANdez" before she's finished teething.

Speaking of Gabi, if she got any colder she could pass as a freezer pack.

So I guess Dr. Rolf's basement suite in the DiMera tunnels is better hidden than the wine cellar, since nobody has accidentally locked themselves in his lab.  

With Kristen, Dr. Rolf and EJ being the only inhabitants of the Dimera Manse, it's going to be a lot harder convincing anyone that 

giphy.gif

Loved that series😊

• Love 2

Perhaps I'm being kind, but I looked at Gabi's cold actions regarding Jake's heritance as someone who's going into survivor mode--she needs to lock down the Dimera shares and then she'll grieve.  I am enjoying the Kristin/Dr. Rolf scenes but I wonder if she realizes that she's the henchwoman to Dr. Rolf's mad scientist?

I'm really enjoying how LG is playing all of Sarah's scenes, like she's choking down her hysteria at the thought of killing Abigail.

EJ's sneering disdain towards Jake the Mechanic and Gabi the waitress needs to end, as if people who work those jobs are beneath him.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Wasn't sure if I was going to watch today or not, but it started to rain, so I ended up staying inside, so turned on tv.  And surprisingly rather enjoyed the episode today.

54 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm really enjoying how LG is playing all of Sarah's scenes, like she's choking down her hysteria at the thought of killing Abigail.

I was just going to post something similar, as I'm enjoying LG's acting for the first time in a long time.  Last time I saw her, she thought she was Renee, and that was painful to watch. And prior to that she was always so giggly and little girlish around Xander. So it's nice to see her acting like an adult. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Days has entered the multi-universe with "Iron Man Stefan". I can't believe Ron went there 😔. If the man is not redoing stories lines, he is stealing them.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

I actively disliked Ava until very recently and, much to my surprise, liked her and Jake quite a bit.  In fact, Ava/Jake is more preferable to me than Gabi/Stefan.  This show dicks around for months with story lines or characters that don't work, then somehow hits a stride with an unexpected twist or pairing that I love, and then they blow it all up.  That's one of the reasons I have trouble getting back into things after taking a break.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

So it looks like there will be a tug-of-war between Gabi and Eva both trying to convince the man that he Is the love of their lives. I wonder if "Stefan" has been in that bed all this time with a new heart? And who has been monitoring him and maintaining him all the time that Rolf was in jail?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

So it looks like there will be a tug-of-war between Gabi and Eva both trying to convince the man that he Is the love of their lives. I wonder if "Stefan" has been in that bed all this time with a new heart? And who has been monitoring him and maintaining him all the time that Rolf was in jail?

Harold.  

That's why "Stefan" probably smells a bit like Lemon Pledge.  

Harold likes to keep everything clean and shiny!

• LOL 14

I swear I distinctly remember an episode probably a year or two ago where Gabby went to see Rolf (the real Rolf) in jail and begged him to bring back Stefan, to which Rolf maintained that even he couldn't do anything since Gabby gave his heart away.  Guess Rerun Ron has become Retcon Ron now. 

• Love 10

Even though Marlena heard Rex give his account of what happened with Sarah the night Abigail died (and Sarah told Xander about it), because Rex’s statement wasn’t “official”, if I were him, I’d sleep with one eye open because whoever is framing Sarah will be after him. No Rex = no official Sarah alibi.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I haven’t watched today’s show, but I liked the kid who played Thomas. He looks a lot like BF with his baby blues and long eyelashes. I was glad he ran away from Chad’s apology, hee, hee.

Is Jake turning back into Stefan or is Rolf implanting his memories in Jake? I knew when Gabby went on about Stefan being her true love, we were getting him back somehow.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I swear I distinctly remember an episode probably a year or two ago where Gabby went to see Rolf (the real Rolf) in jail and begged him to bring back Stefan, to which Rolf maintained that even he couldn't do anything since Gabby gave his heart away.  Guess Rerun Ron has become Retcon Ron now. 

Jack has no organs, and he's doing just fine.

• Fire 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Perhaps I'm being kind, but I looked at Gabi's cold actions regarding Jake's heritance as someone who's going into survivor mode--she needs to lock down the Dimera shares and then she'll grieve.  I am enjoying the Kristin/Dr. Rolf scenes but I wonder if she realizes that she's the henchwoman to Dr. Rolf's mad scientist?

EJ's sneering disdain towards Jake the Mechanic and Gabi the waitress needs to end, as if people who work those jobs are beneath him.

That would make Gabi salvageable in this story but I doubt that will happen.

As for EJ I agree and its rather laughable considering he came onto the show as a race car driver.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

He's not the first and he won't be the last to retcon something big like that lol.

Nothing will probably ever beat unaborted baby on AMC though.

I think that pretty much spelled the end of AMC after that well a lot of things did but this one stands out.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Jack has no organs, and he's doing just fine.

I agree.  Apparently, he never really did need his brain since he's operating just fine without these days.

• LOL 18
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He's not the first and he won't be the last to retcon something big like that lol.

Nothing will probably ever beat unaborted baby on AMC though.

We got really close to that though with Undead Swamp Baby.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

We got really close to that though with Undead Swamp Baby.

Whose DEAD BODY Krista Allen's Billie carried around in a suitcase. Swamp Spawn was DEAD.

But James Reilly just could not STAND that Bo/Hope had Shawn and wanted to even the playing field for his awful Bo/Billie pairing.

• Sad 4
  • Love 1

Hi Rex. Nice of you to give Sarah an alibi. If she was sleeping and you were in the room, she couldn't sleepwalk to the mansion. If Lucas claims he saw Sarah, it was a lookalike.

Gabi, your fake marriage plan won't work forever. Ava will come calling.

Awww, Gwen, you have a mask in your suitcase. Hmmm.

Who looked after 'Stefan' after he 'died'? Rolf's minions? He seemed pretty angry. Will they just keep Jake around in case they need someone else?

• Love 4

Wait, did this show actually give Stefan a knock-off Iron Man battery? Is that what has been keeping his body alive all this time? 

Thank god Brandon doesn't have to keep doing that awful Rocky Balboa impersonation. "Yo, Ava!"

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Wouldn’t the funeral home wonder why no body was sent over? Or will it be a random body with a Jake mask?

Every time a DiMera dies, they get a deboned chicken, cut up and rolled in a rug.  It doubles as the main course at the funeral dinner, too.  

I think the DiMeras use El Pollo Loco for all their funeral needs.

giphy.gif

"They did a beautiful job on him."

"Oh, they did, he looks like he's sleeping.  He was the love of my life, I tell you, my LIFE!"

"And he looks delicious!  I'm so happy you didn't go with a closed casket." 

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
19 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

That scene did happen but Rolf can lie.  It's not like he owed Gabi any kind of explanation, or that his experiments are fit for public knowledge.  

There are modern scientists trying to "revive" the wooly mammoth, so I'm enjoying Rolf's Dr Frankenstein machinations.  I just wish this writing team could explore some of the philosophical aspects in a thoughtful way, rather than just milking it for manufactured drama.  But, oh well.  That's a different show.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

There are modern scientists trying to "revive" the wooly mammoth, so I'm enjoying Rolf's Dr Frankenstein machinations.  I just wish this writing team could explore some of the philosophical aspects in a thoughtful way, rather than just milking it for manufactured drama.  But, oh well.  That's a different show.  

I think, judging by what we've seen so far, that a revived wooly mammoth could very well be in the picture.

Meet Julian, 

giphy.gif

Stefano's latest long-lost son.

Now try and give this one shit, EJ!

• LOL 13
20 hours ago, Desperado said:

Is Jake turning back into Stefan or is Rolf implanting his memories in Jake? I knew when Gabby went on about Stefan being her true love, we were getting him back somehow.

From today's episode we learned that Stefan has been kept alive by machines the past 4 years. Rolf could have brought him back to life when he first died, except Gabi gave Stefan's heart to Julie before Rolf could intervene. So Stefan has had a mechanical heart ever since, just waiting for a donor heart, and there is no better match than that from an identical twin.  

So Stefan, presumably, will be Stefan and all his own memories, just with his twin's heart. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2022 at 7:46 PM, Lucas Rowan said:

I don't agree.  I don't care about seeing it.  As long as I believe in the delivery of the one giving the monologue, I can buy and believe it.  And I fully believed Raven's deliveries of Chanel's monologues today.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, Maybeitsme said:

Ugh I hated the monologues al la Chanel as well as the cherry/peach pie contest 🙄 

I agree with you both, if that's possible.  I don't mind not seeing every detail of every character.  We are supposed to assume that they carry on with their lives when the camera is not on them as well, aren't we?  So talking about scenes that weren't filmed is fine with me.

However, the whole debate over Johnny vs. Allie was just an absolute snoozefest.  It wasn't Raven's fault, she did the best she could, but who cares.  I don't care about either of the Wonder Twins.  They are adding nothing to the show for me; the conversations with both Tony and Steve, and then the pie fight, were ridiculous.

So while in theory I agree that hearing about it without seeing it is perfectly fine, and Raven did a good job, these particular stories were of no interest to me.  

13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Wait, did this show actually give Stefan a knock-off Iron Man battery? Is that what has been keeping his body alive all this time? 

Iron Man is exactly what I thought of immediately!!  What a rip-off!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

How's Tyler, anyway?  I just figured if they were bringing Stefan back, he'd fit the role better.

No idea, but I think the show doesn't want to take a chance on more drama and Brandon Barash comes with less baggage, so...

• Like 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No idea, but I think the show doesn't want to take a chance on more drama and Brandon Barash comes with less baggage, so...

Plus Camilla and Brandon have great chemistry.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

So Jake is dead-dead, Stefan is being kept alive by a machine, shows no signs of any atrophy or anything. He even has facial hair! The man should be a semi-Neanderthal by now. So his heart will go in to Stefan's nicely preserved and not stinky decomposed body.... right..... so if the Stefan thing doesn't work out, his heat will grow a few sizes and Jake will ride again. Kristen, Dr. Rolf has a few marbles that aren't right. His plan seems outlandish.

And Abigail was too far gone? Um.

Gabi works fast to get the paperwork in. EJ lucked out.

Evan did not work out. A kick to the solar plexus will make someone unconscious? Will Evan be dead and Jan just runs away with the kid? Shows up again 6 months from now. Evan never shows up to his job and flakes off. Shawn Douglas, be thankful that you are not the dad. No responsibility for the spawn of Jan. Who cares if your noble heart and caring nature get a break? You can't fix everyone or take in every lost person/animal.

Shin seems up to something. Like EJ, Gabi, keep your friends close and enemies closer.

• Love 5

EJ and Ava don’t have chemistry. So why do I feel this was a chemistry test?

So Jan just shows up? How did she know Evan would be at the docks with the baby at a certain hour? 

Sorry, but Brandon Beemer was bad in those scenes with the baby being handed over to Evan. I felt more emotion from Belle, and it wasn’t her child!

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Sorry, but Brandon Beemer was bad in those scenes with the baby being handed over to Evan. I felt more emotion from Belle, and it wasn’t her child!

Brandon was never a strong actor but he was pretty decent back in the day especially when Belle cheated on him with Philip. I felt bad for Shawn. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

So Jan just shows up? How did she know Evan would be at the docks with the baby at a certain hour? 

Anyone ever read Where the Crawdads Sing?  I think we're just supposed to play stupid and not question things.  

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

IOW, Jake is really dead, and Brandon will continue on as Stefan.  I see.

How's Tyler, anyway?  I just figured if they were bringing Stefan back, he'd fit the role better.

I hear he's doing a lot better has done some small parts but I don't think either soap will take him back even though he doesn't speak ill of either of them. He was on Maurice Benard's State of Mind mentioned a past brain injury he had etc. Definitely view things about him a bit differently now.

• Love 2

So, if this was taped at least 6 months ago, that sounds like that They had decided before the end of 2021 that the Jake character wasn't working, and to kill him off.  I still remember reading an interview after Brandon B was recast as Jake, and Ron C was so happy to have BB back on the Show, while BB was excited to create a new character.  Guess that didn't go well.  

Did Stefan die in 2019, and The Time Jump makes it 4 years?

Good thing there were no winter storms or severe thunderstorms, as they happen in the MidWest, to knock out power while Rolf was in jail.  Stefan O would be a real stinking mess by now.  I did wonder if the "heartless" comment was meant to foreshadow that zombieStefan will be more ruthless than before.  

FINALLY, after years of couch surfing and baking ziti, They give Ava something fun to do.  I hope this works out better than her plan to frame Rafe and send him off to jail.  

• Like 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So Jake is dead-dead, Stefan is being kept alive by a machine, shows no signs of any atrophy or anything. He even has facial hair! The man should be a semi-Neanderthal by now. So his heart will go in to Stefan's nicely preserved and not stinky decomposed body.... right....

Speculation is that Stefan and Gabi get back together, but Jake's heart will be drawn to Ava. Thus keeping the Gabi vs Ava "feud" alive & well.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did Stefan die in 2019, and The Time Jump makes it 4 years?

Except the time jump was seemingly erased since Eric mentioned a date on the newspaper...in the year 2022. So Ron cannot even keep his own hack gimmicks straight.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Except the time jump was seemingly erased since Eric mentioned a date on the newspaper...in the year 2022. So Ron cannot even keep his own hack gimmicks straight.

I really think we were supposed to think that Days was sort of showing in current time and they just kept on showing it in current time but didn't show a year's worth of events - they basically lost a year of happenings rather than traveling a year in to the future.  I really don't think we're supposed to think that none of the events happening in Salem are going to happen for another year and we're somehow privy to them now.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I had taken a break when the time jump happened and returned around Feb/March 2020. One of the first episodes I saw was Hope waking up in the hospital from another Princess Gina experience where she was asked (by Kayla I believe) what the date was and she said 2020.  So I've never thought the show has been a year ahead as much that the time jump was meant to account for the hiatus Days took in late '19.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Rafe is so useless. If he didn't like Jada spilling all to Xander why didn't he shut her down? Also why is it on Xander to tell them Sarah has an alibi? Why are Lucas hypnosis memories gospel but Sarah's are not? 

Have I mentioned that Abe's chuckle gets on my nerves?

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Rafe is so useless. If he didn't like Jada spilling all to Xander why didn't he shut her down? Also why is it on Xander to tell them Sarah has an alibi? Why are Lucas hypnosis memories gospel but Sarah's are not? 

Have I mentioned that Abe's chuckle gets on my nerves?

Sarah said that Rex would contact the police himself. So why didn't he do that yet?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sarah said that Rex would contact the police himself. So why didn't he do that yet?

Nobody really explained to him what is going on so maybe he didn't understand. Also wouldn't the Salem Inn have cameras that would confirm that Rex and Sarah were both in the establishment at the time in question?

Glad Sarah has the Salem Brain today. I am glad she jumped right to the stupid mask and that Gwen would use it to both get rid of Abby and frame  her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

She didn't know.  She told Evan that she was just hiding out on one of the yachts, thinking of her next move, when she saw him show up with the baby.

Apparently she found time to leave the docks to get her hair done.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Xander, speaking for the masses, when he called both Rafe and Jada idiots. As @brisbydog says, Lucas' hypnosis is 100% foolproof, but not Sarah's?

Thank you Sarah for realizing "you" have, on occasion, been in two places at once.

And Sarah has a reliable witness and alibi while Lucas does not

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Xander, speaking for the masses, when he called both Rafe and Jada idiots. As @brisbydog says, Lucas' hypnosis is 100% foolproof, but not Sarah's?

Thank you Sarah for realizing "you" have, on occasion, been in two places at once.

I agree in general, about Rafe being an idiot, but I think it makes sense not to automatically just to take Xander - the notorious liar and criminal, and not to mention fiancé, of one of the suspects - at his word, especially when he comes in there yelling at people and acting like Jada has some personal vendetta against Sarah when she's just doing her job. I don't think either Rafe or Jada said that Lucas' hypnosis memory was foolproof. In fact, it was Xander who said that Lucas might have been faking and Jada was the one who pointed out that if Lucas's recovered memory was a lie so could Sarah's. The only smart thing Xander said was pointing out that they didn't just have to rely on Sarah's word, but Rex's as well. But since neither Jada or Rafe have heard from Rex they can't just say "ok, Sarah's not a suspect anymore" based on Xander's hotheaded demands.

Also, Xander can take several seats with some of his attitude the last couple of episodes. 'I can't believe I almost married someone so twisted.' Oh, fuck off Xander.  Gwen sucks hardcore but Xander is also a twisted criminal so him talking about how sick anyone else is is laughable to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I thought the Xarah banter was the highlight of today's show. I wish they continue to write Sarah like this has a bit of wackiness but still sounds like an adult.  That being said they shouldn't be solving this it should be Jack/Jennifer but you know they and JJ can't be involved in a story involving a family member of theirs. So why were they brought back exactly?

• Love 6